Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=56302
Printed Date: 29 Apr 2024 at 4:26pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: World Cup 2018 Group H- POL/SEN/COL/JAP
Posted By: lassassinblanc
Subject: World Cup 2018 Group H- POL/SEN/COL/JAP
Date Posted: 14 May 2018 at 2:51pm
With a month to go and squads starting to be announced I thought it would be an idea to start threads for the World Cup. I've put together a guide to all the teams and these threads can then be used to discuss any further developments and of course the games:

Group H

POLAND
SENEGAL
COLOMBIA
JAPAN

Schedule

June 19th 13:00        Colombia v Japan
June 19th 16:00        Poland v Senegal

June 24th 16:00        Japan v Senegal
June 24th 19:00        Poland V Colombia

June 28th 15:00        Senegal v Colombia
June 28th 15:00        Japan v Poland

Poland

FIFA ranking: 10th

Star Player: Robert Lewandowski- The Bayern man is a goal machine simple as he’ll be the man who will look to fire the Poles into the knockout stages

WC History: 3rd place in 74 and 82

Odds: 50-1

Synopsis: Despite only dropping 5 points in qualifying and topping the group they weren’t great at the back conceding 14 goals the most of any team finishing in the top two in a European group. A potential tricky group for the Poles but if Lewandowski is in form then they should have enough at least make it through.

Squad:

Goalkeepers: Bartosz Bialkowski (Ipswich), Lukasz Fabianski (Swansea City), Wojciech Szczesny (Juventus)

Defenders: Jan Bednarek (Southampton), Bartosz Bereszynski (Sampdoria), Thiago Cionek (SPAL), Kamil Glik (AS Monaco), Artur Jedrzejczyk (Legia Warszawa), Michal Pazdan (Legia Warszawa), Lukasz Piszczek (Borussia Dortmund)

Midfielders: Jakub Blaszczykowski (VfL Wolfsburg), Jacek Goralski (Ludogorets Razgrad), Kamil Grosicki (Hull City), Grzegorz Krychowiak (West Bromwich Albion), Rafal Kurzawa (Gornik Zabrze), Karol Linetty (Sampdoria), Slawomir Peszko (Lechia Gdansk), Maciej Rybus (Lokomotiv Moscow), Piotr Zielinski (Napoli)

Forwards: Dawid Kownacki (Sampdoria), Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich), Arkadiusz Milik (Napoli), Lukasz Teodorczyk (Anderlecht)

Senegal

FIFA ranking: 28th

Star Player: Sadio Mane- the Liverpool forward is their best attacking threat and will be the man they look to help them repeat their 2002 heroics

WC History: Quarter Finalist 2002

Odds: 200-1

Synopsis: Won their group undefeated an initial loss to South Africa was annulled after the ref was found guilty of match fixing, the match was replayed in November 2017 and a 2-0 win seen them qualify. A hardworking team which have good pace. They will be looking to cause an upset like 2002 and hopefully get out of their group.

Squad:

Goalkeepers: Khadim Ndiaye (Horoya AC), Abdoulaye Diallo (Rennes), Alfred Gomis (Torino)

Defenders: Kara Mbodji (Anderlecht), Kalidou Koulibaly (Napoli), Moussa Wague (Eupen), Saliou Ciss (Angers), Youssouf Sabaly (Bordeaux), Lamine Gassama (Alanyaspor), Armand Traore (Nottingham Forest), Salif Sane (Hannover 96)

Midfielders: Pape Alioune Ndiaye (Stoke), Idrissa Gueye (Everton), Cheikhou Kouyate (West Ham), Cheikh N'Doye (Birmingham)

Forwards: Sadio Mane (Liverpool), Diao Balde Keita (Monaco), Ismaila Sarr (Rennes), Diafra Sakho (Rennes), Moussa Konate (Amiens), Mame Biram Diouf (Stoke), Mbaye Niang (AC Milan).

Colombia

FIFA ranking: 16th

Star Player: James Rodriquez- the star of 2014 WC for them will also be key for them here. Radamel Falcao will also be looking to put the 2014 injury hit campaign behind him and will be their biggest goal threat.

WC History: 2014 Quarter finalists

Odds: 33-1

Synopsis: Crept over the line to qualify in the end but they are here and that is all that matters. With the talent they have in their team they will be looking to top the group and will be hopeful of at least repeating their 2014 QF place.

Squad: 

Goalkeepers: David Ospina (Arsenal), Camilo Vargas (Deportivo Cali), José Fernando Cuadrado (Once Caldas).

Defenders: Cristian Zapata (Milan), Dávinson Sánchez (Tottenham), Santiago Arias (PSV Eindhoven), Óscar Murillo (Pachuca), Frank Fabra (Boca Juniors), Johan Mojica (Girona), Yerry Mina (Barcelona).

Midfielders: Wílmar Barrios (Boca Juniors), Carlos Sánchez (Espanyol), Jefferson Lerma (Levante), José Izquierdo (Brighton Hove & Albion), James Rodríguez (Bayern Múnich), Abel Aguilar (Deportivo Cali), Mateus Uribe (América), Juan Fernando Quintero (River Plate), Juan Guillermo Cuadrado (Juventus).

Forwards: Radamel Falcao (Mónaco), Miguel Borja (Palmeiras), Carlos Bacca (Villarreal), Luis Fernando Muriel (Sevilla).

Japan

FIFA ranking: 60th

Star Player: Keisude Honda alongside Shinji Kagawa are their best creative players and they will be key to their hopes.

WC History: two round of 16 places in 2002 and 2010

Odds: 250-1

Synopsis: Done enough to qualify and were commanding enough in the games that mattered but dropping points to UAE and Iraq were blotches on the copybook. A tough group for them they will looking to at least finish 2nd and repeat their Last 16 places of 2002 and 2010.

Squad:

Goalkeepers: Eiji Kawashima (Metz), Masaaki Higashiguchi (Gamba Osaka), Kosuke Nakamura (Kashiwa Reysol)

Defenders: Yuto Nagatomo (Galatasaray), Tomoaki Makino (Urawa Reds), Wataru Endo (Urawa Reds), Maya Yoshida (Southampton), Hiroki Sakai (Marseille), Gotoku Sakai (Hamburg), Gen Shoji (Kashima Antlers), Naomichi Ueda (Kashima Antlers)

Midfielders: Makoto Hasebe (Eintracht Frankfurt), Keisuke Honda (Pachuca), Takashi Inui (Eibar), Shinji Kagawa (Borussia Dortmund), Hotaru Yamaguchi (Cerezo Osaka), Genki Haraguchi (Fortuna Dusseldorf), Takashi Usami (Fortuna Dusseldorf), Gaku Shibasaki (Getafe), Ryota Oshima (Kawasaki Frontale)

Forwards: Shinji Okazaki (Leicester), Yuya Osako (Werder Bremen), Yoshinori Muto (Mainz)

Replies:
Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 14 May 2018 at 3:26pm
Busy day in work?

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 14 May 2018 at 3:55pm
Very LOL

Date Posted: 14 May 2018 at 11:24pm
Colombia Preliminary Squad updated

Date Posted: 18 May 2018 at 9:28am
Senegal final 23 named

Date Posted: 18 May 2018 at 1:02pm
Japan Squad updated

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 7:33pm
All final World Cup Squads updated

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 12:13pm
I reckon Colombia beat Japan 2-0 and Poland and Senegal draw 1-1

There is a Colombian guy at work over at this. He was so excited to be going over to see his team play at the World Cup. 
That’s all he talked about for the last month.
I was jealous as f*** but it was great to see his excitement. He doesn’t drink but will be going wild at the match.

-------------

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 12:19pm
James Rodriguez will be a miss for Colombia though not sure if he’s fit enough to come off the bench.

Seen a good bit of Inui play this season in La Liga, always looked a threat! should be a good game.

Posted By: newrynyuk
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 1:00pm
If France or Germany have the best national anthem, Japan definitely have the most depressing

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 1:04pm
Shocked

Posted By: TonyNotJack
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 1:05pm
Has penalty and red card not been changed in international football?

Posted By: The White Cafu
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Handball denying a goal is always a red.

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Handball denying a goal is always a red.
Although, to be fair to him, he made a really genuine effort to play the ball there.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

If France or Germany have the best national anthem, Japan definitely have the most depressing

It sounds like a crap attempt to copy "I vow to thee my country".

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

It sounds like a crap attempt to copy "I vow to thee my country".
I'm pretty sure the Japanese anthem is older than the other dirge.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 1:19pm
1880 for Japan as opposed to 1921 for Holst's (1914 for Jupiter, which it comes from).

Huh. Good spot.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 1:20pm
I actually assumed it was even older, the lyrics to the Japanese anthem are the oldest in the world, so I assumed the lyrics would have been even earlier.

-------------

Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 1:24pm
3 game ban for the straight red?

Imagine that's all you got in the WC, 2 minutes due to your utter stupidity

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 1:28pm
If Colombia don't make it through the group Sanchez better not go to any Medellín nightclbs

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 1:28pm
I think a DOGSO red is only a one game ban.

Could be wrong, though.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 1:33pm
Taking off Cuadrado who looked their most dangerous player Confused

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

If Colombia don't make it through the group Sanchez better not go to any Medellín nightclbs

LOL

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 1:41pm
What a brilliant free kick from Qunitero!

Really expected him to get a big move after his performances in the last World Cup.

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 1:41pm
Brilliant free kick

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 1:43pm
I don't think the Japs understand goal line technology LOL

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: The White Cafu
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 2:03pm
Jap's eyes will be weeping after that goal.

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 2:07pm
Headline in the Sun if Japan get through the group and get a favourable draw in the last 16:
Japs Eye Semi

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 2:31pm
Ospina really is shocking

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 2:36pm
Davison Sanchez has been terrible all game.

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 2:54pm
Colombia are truly remarkable for their ability to suffer the "epic fail".

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

If they don't get out of that group or get embarrassed at the world cup, you'd wonder if some scumbag gang would target one or two of the squad when they return. 

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 3:08pm
Jaysus Dunphy is licking Michael O'Neills hole

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

If they don't get out of that group or get embarrassed at the world cup, you'd wonder if some scumbag gang would target one or two of the squad when they return. 

I think it's a much different place to 1994 when the cartels were still rampant and had an inextricable link to football.

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 3:15pm

You're basing that on something that happened 20 years ago? 

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 3:28pm

I think it's a much different place to 1994 when the cartels were still rampant and had an inextricable link to football.

That and the fact that Colombia were one of the favourites to win the '94 World Cup after romping the SA qualifying - so it was a far bigger shock then the current side potentially failing to get out of the group. There's very few parallels between now and 24 years ago really.

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

That and the fact that Colombia were one of the favourites to win the '94 World Cup after romping the SA qualifying - so it was a far bigger shock then the current side potentially failing to get out of the group. There's very few parallels between now and 24 years ago really.
Beating Argentina 5-0 in Buenos Aires in the last match.
Had Paraguay won that night the Argies would not have qualified.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 3:43pm
We've gone from a surprise loss to mass murder. Superb!

-------------

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 3:48pm
LOLSomeone mentioned Muff being a parody account in the last day or 2, at the time I thought it was quite harsh, but now...

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 3:53pm
Brian Kerr commentating!!!

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 4:06pm
Kerr LOL

He never ever disappoints 

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Kerr LOL

He never ever disappoints 

What has he said now?  Probably shouted to Lewandowski  to ''watch yer house''

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 4:15pm
Going on about Bangers again I think 

-------------

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

You're basing that on something that happened 20 years ago? 

All I said was you'd wonder if they would. I was hardly stating something would happen. I have no idea what it's like now in Colombia. I would hazard a guess that the cartels/gangs still have a certain amount of control and influence. 
It's hardly beyond the realms of possibility that something similar could happen again. 

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 4:37pm

Yep plus calling the banned ref a geezer LOL

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 4:37pm
Kerr watch latest : "A bang on the nut" LOL

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 4:42pm
Good game this, end to end.
I know its annoying, but I'm usually comparing teams like this to Ireland. These two seem on a different level technically, and also have more pace and athleticism throughout their team

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 4:46pm
1-0 Senegal!

And with 4 goals, OG is currently top scorer at Russia 2018! LOL

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I know its annoying, but I'm usually comparing teams like this to Ireland. These two seem on a different level technically, and also have more pace and athleticism throughout their team

Yeah, but if you leave out all their good players, and the superior technical ability of the ones of similar standard to our players, we would be better than them. All we need is to be organised.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Yeah, but if you leave out all their good players, and the superior technical ability of the ones of similar standard to our players, we would be better than them. All we need is to be organised.

LOL

"Excuse me, Senegal.  When you play against us, can you please leave out all your good players?  Thanks!"

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 4:53pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

LOL

"Excuse me, Senegal.  When you play against us, can you please leave out all your good players?  Thanks!"

LOL

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 5:03pm
Poland need to pick up the pace a bit. Too pedestrian when they gain possession.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 5:06pm
I decided to follow Sengal for this WC - Goooo Team Senegal 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 5:11pm
Kerr

"keeper battered that one away"

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 5:21pm
We haven't seen a surprise like this in Moscow since Rocky beat Ivan Drago there on 25 December 1985

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: adineen98
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 5:22pm
Szczesny LOL

-------------
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 5:22pm
I thought Poland would do well in this world cup. They're a shambles.

What is the keeper at. 

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 5:31pm
Group H the group of surprises

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 5:45pm
Poland play Colombia next..... 

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 5:46pm
2-1

-------------

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 5:55pm
Poland have been dreadful they deserved to lose.

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

That's a huge game now. Loser goes home job.

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

That's a huge game now. Loser goes home job.

Yup.

Two draws next time out and it's a good chance of all teams getting four points, though.

-------------

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Yep plus calling the banned ref a geezer LOL

LOL 

He was coming up with some crackers today. 

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 10:26pm
It almost struck me as being like our group in 1994 when we beat Italy and Norway beat Mexico in the first round of matches, which was a bit of a surprise. If Sunday's games both end in draws, I'd still fancy Colombia and Poland to make it out of the group. I felt Pekerman didn't handle Sanchez's red card well, and taking out Cuduardo didn't help over the course of the game.

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 10:46pm

It almost struck me as being like our group in 1994 when we beat Italy and Norway beat Mexico in the first round of matches, which was a bit of a surprise. If Sunday's games both end in draws, I'd still fancy Colombia and Poland to make it out of the group. I felt Pekerman didn't handle Sanchez's red card well, and taking out Cuduardo didn't help over the course of the game.

If the games are draws on Sunday, they'll both need to win their last games by two. I reckon that's a real possibility.

-------------

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 12:16pm
Japan defintely were lucky to be playign 10 men for 87mns, but Senegal were good, Poland bad. That ain't changing. That Polish team looks like the same one from Euro 2012.

Posted By: Terzino
Date Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 6:55pm
Senegal look good. Possibly Africa's first semi-finalist?

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 2:07pm
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/21/carlos-sanchez-death-threats-investigation-colombia-police" rel="nofollow - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/21/carlos-sanchez-death-threats-investigation-colombia-police

-------------

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 3:22pm
Getting my Senegal jersey next week. 

They looked good defensively, not so good offensively

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

lucky lucky you Clap

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

lucky lucky you Clap

LOL

-------------

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

lucky lucky you Clap
LOL

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 4:08pm
Someone bringing one back from Marbella for ya, along with a pair of shades and a handbag?

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 4:08pm
Brian Kerr early on in the current match between Japan and Senegal:  'Japan have never had a red card in 18 world cup matches'.

You just know what's gonna happen don't you...LOL

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 4:12pm
Kerr watch

Why is he punching it take it into your tummy

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 4:18pm
Farcical goal for Senegal - Japanese keeper with a feeble punch which rebounds into his net off Sadio Mane's knee. LOL

Even more farcical was the caption at the top left corner of the tv screen (RTE) showing 1-0 to Japan for a few minutes. ConfusedLOL

It's been corrected now though.

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 4:27pm
All those miserable tournament failures  he had with England still somehow haven't knocked the arrogance out of Rio Ferdinand.

None of Senegal, Colombia, Poland or Japan are capable of causing England any trouble in the last 16. Clown

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 7:07pm
Huge pressure on Pol and Col now. 
A draw keeps them both in it but if you lose you are going home.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 7:38pm
Colombia are a real joy to watch. Technically beautiful.

But, I wonder if Falcao actually disjoints the team a bit, especially as he wasn’t there in 2014, and I recall it looking like he created a bottleneck in attack in the 2015 Copa America, which they didn’t have in 2014?

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 7:42pm
Lovely header for that goal 

-------------

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 7:47pm
some Colombian crowd there, where are they getting the money from?  it’s not as if Columbia is a big exporter ........

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 8:04pm
Love the Colombians! The World Cup is far better off with them still in it, hope they play England in the last 16.

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 8:12pm
Cuadrado is causing Poles major problems

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 8:14pm
I cant believe Poland haven't upped the tempo. They have being really poor and they deserve to be heading home . It was a group I thought they had a very good chance of getting out of and possibly meeting England in the next round. England would beat them quiet easily after this viewing

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 8:30pm
Bye bye Poland

Posted By: Steve Shrewd
Date Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 8:38pm
What a disastrous world cup its been for Poland. The Colombians have looked really good tonight though

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 8:39pm
Cuadrado deserved that goal has been brilliant all game

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 8:40pm
Rene Higuita seems to have done a lot of hard living.

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 8:41pm
One of the best performances of the tournament from Colombia! Hope the early red card in the Japan game doesn’t come back to haunt them.

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 8:46pm

Imagine the amount of free pints you would have consumed if you had pulled off a scorpion kick against England

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 8:51pm

He's done time in jail afaik 

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 8:51pm
Colombian women Heart

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

One of the best performances of the tournament from Colombia! Hope the early red card in the Japan game doesn’t come back to haunt them.

Japan just need a draw against Poland next week to go through.

Colombia still need to beat Senegal to be sure of going through.

Hope they do, they have great support.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 8:55pm
Valdarama is looking well Cool

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 8:56pm

He's done time in jail afaik 

Yeah he missed USA 94 as he was locked up.
He was in the “Two Escobars” documentary by ESPN - something to do with being involved in Kidnapping.

Also had some history of drugs abuse.

I doubt he has lead a boring life.

-------------

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 8:57pm

Valdarama is looking well Cool

Legend of all legends Clap

Hasn’t aged a day but still looks like a 70’s pornstar

Posted By: sid waddell
Date Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 9:05pm
Buzzing after that Colombian performance. The best of any team in this World Cup. They were fooking sensational, joyous. Three great goals.

-------------
Edited by Trigboy 10 at 10:03pm

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Buzzing after that Colombian performance. The best of any team in this World Cup. They were fooking sensational, joyous. Three great goals.

I cant remember a World Cup performance that has left an impression on me like that one. That is the "Devil May Care" attitude that they had with Asprilla, Valderamma, Alvarez etc, but this is something else. It was a beautiful performance.

Posted By: Terzino
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 10:32pm
Similar World Cup for Poland as they had in 2002. Qualified easily and then humbled at the tournament when their expectations were high.

However they did win their last group game in 2002. 

If they can repeat that here, that will allow Colombia to top the group. And goal difference will decide which of Japan or Senegal will make it through with them.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net