Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=56295
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 6:16pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: World Cup 2018 Group A- RUS/KSA/EGY/URU
Posted By: lassassinblanc
Subject: World Cup 2018 Group A- RUS/KSA/EGY/URU
Date Posted: 14 May 2018 at 2:38pm
With a month to go and squads starting to be announced I thought it would be an idea to start threads for the World Cup. I've put together a guide to all the teams and these threads can then be used to discuss any further developments and of course the games in each group:

Group A

RUSSIA
SAUDI ARABIA
EGYPT
URUGUAY

Schedule

14th June 16:00        Russia v Saudi Arabia 
15th June 13:00        Egypt v Uruguay

19th June 19:00        Russia v Egypt
20th June 16:00        Uruguay v Saudi Arabia 

25th June 15:00        Uruguay v Russia 
25th June 15:00        Saudi Arabia v Egypt

Team Overviews

Russia

FIFA ranking: 66th

Star Player: Aleksandr Golovin -A lot of hope has been placed on the shoulders of the young CSKA midfielder along with his club teammate Alan Dzagoev they will be key for the hosts

WC History: As Russia they have never made it past the group stage, but as Soviet Union they finished 4th in 1966.

Odds: 40-1

Synopsis: A favorable enough group for them could see them reach at least the knockout stage but as shown in last year’s Confederations Cup this is a poor Russia side. Goalkeeper and Captain Igor Akinfeev is prone to the odd howler but if they can beat Saudi Arabia in the opening game and keep Egypt’s Mo Salah quiet and pick up a point they might have done enough before the big Uruguay test. Qualified as host

Squad: 

Goalkeepers: Igor Akinfeev (CSKA Moscow), Vladimir Gabulov (Brugge), Andrey Lunev (Zenit St Petersburg)

Defenders: Vladimir Granat, Fyodor Kudryashov (Rubin Kazan), Ilya Kutepov (Spartak Moscow), Andrey Semyonov (Akhmat Grozny), Igor Smolnikov (Zenit St Petersburg), Mario Fernandes, Sergei Ignashevich (CSKA Moscow)

Midfielders: Yury Gazinsky (Krasnodar), Alan Dzagoev, Alexander Golovin (CSKA Moscow), Alexander Erokhin, Yury Zhirkov, Daler Kuzyaev (Zenit St Petersburg), Roman Zobnin, Alexander Samedov (Spartak Moscow), Anton Miranchuk (Lokomotiv Moscow), Denis Cheryshev (Villarreal)

Forwards: Artem Dzyuba (Arsenal Tula), Alexei Miranchuk (Lokomotiv Moscow), Fyodor Smolov (Krasnodar)

Saudi Arabia

FIFA ranking: 70th

Star Player: Mohammad Al-Sahlawi-the Al Nassr man scored 16 goals in qualifying and has scored 28 goals in 37 caps so he will be their danger man

WC History: Made the last 16 on their debut in USA 94 but have not won a game since then.

Odds:500-1

Synopsis: Qualified by pipping Australia to 2nd place in Group B of the 3rd round Asian Qualifying. Most likely to be considered the whipping boys of the tournament, they open against Russia and Uruguay before a game against Egypt.

Squad: 

Goalkeepers: Yasser al-Mosaileem (Al-Ahli), Abdullah al-Mayouf (Al-Hilal), Mohammed al-Owais (Al-Ahli)

Defenders: Mansour al-Harbi (Al-Ahli), Yasser al-Shahrani (Al-Hilal), Osama Hawsawi (Al-Hilal), Omar Hawsawi (Al-Nassr), Motaz Hawsawi (Al-Ahli), Ali al-Bulayhi (Al-Hilal), Mohammed al-Burayk (Al-Hilal)

Midfielders: Abdulla Otayf (Al-Hilal), Salman al-Faraj (Al-Hilal), Mohammed Kanno (Al-Hilal), Abdullah al-Khaibari (Al-Shabab), Hussein al-Moqahwi (Al-Ahli), Abdulmalik al-Khaibari (Al-Hilal), Hattan Bahebri (Al Shabab), Salem al-Dawsari (Al-Hilal), Taisir al-Jassim (Al-Ahli), Yahya al-Shehri (Al-Nassr), Fahad al-Muwallad (Al-Ittihad)

Forwards: Mohannad Assiri (Al-Ahli), Mohammed al-Sahlawi (Al-Nassr)

Egypt

FIFA ranking: 46th

Star Player: Mohamed Salah- What a season this man has had for club and country, can he bring that form into the World Cup?

WC History: Despite holding the record for African Cup of Nations Egypt have only twice appeared in the World Cup 1934 and 1990 failing to make it past the first round on both occasions.

Odds: 150-1

Synopsis: Finishing top of Group E ahead of Ghana, with Mo Salah on fire this could be the year they finally progress, they open against Uruguay then play the hosts with their final group game against Saudi’s which could be a game which determines whether they progress.

Squad: 

Goalkeepers: Sherif Ekramy (Al Ahly), Essam El Hadary (Al Taawoun), Mohamed El Shennawy (Al Ahly)

Defenders: Mohamed Abdel-Shafi (Al Fateh), Ayman Ashraf (Al Ahly), Ahmed Elmohamady (Aston Villa), Ahmed Fathi (Al Ahly), Omar Gaber (Los Angeles FC), Ali Gabr (Zamalek), Mahmoud Hamdy (Zamalek), Ahmed Hegazi (West Bromwich Albion), Saad Samir (Al Ahly)

Midfielders: Mohamed Elneny (Arsenal), Abdallah El Said (Al Ahly Jeddah), Tarek Hamed (Zamalek), Mahmoud Kahraba (Al Ittihad Jeddah), Sam Morsy (Wigan Athletic), Shikabala (Al Raed), Ramadan Sobhi (Stoke City), Mahmoud Hassan (Kasimpasa), Amr Warda (Atromitos)

Forwards: Marwan Mohsen (Al Ahly), Mohamed Salah (Liverpool)

Uruguay

FIFA ranking: 17th

Star Player: Luis Suarez/ Edison Cavani- I could go for one on the other both the Salto born strikers are capable of firing the Uruguayans to a successful tournament

WC History: Winners in 1930 and 1950, 4th place is the best they have managed since

Odds: 33-1

Synopsis: Edison Cavani fired 10 goals as they finished 2nd behind Brazil they did have mid qualifying stutter were they lost 3 on the bounce but a 0-0 against Argentina and then away win against Paraguay pretty much sealed their place. As stated above with Suarez and Cavani they will be a danger, can see them topping their group and with a bit of luck they could reach at least the quarter finals.

Squad: 

Goalkeepers: Fernando Muslera (Galatasaray), Martin Silva (Vasco da Gama), Martin Campana (Independiente)

Defenders: Diego Godin (Atletico Madrid), Sebastian Coates (Sporting CP), Jose Maria Gimenez (Atletico Madrid), Maximiliano Pereira (FC Porto), Gaston Silva (Independiente), Martin Caceres (Lazio), Guillermo Varela (Penarol)

Midfielders: Nahitan Nandez (Boca Juniors), Lucas Torreira (Sampdoria), Matias Vecino (Inter Milan), Rodrigo Bentancur (Juventus), Carlos Sanchez (Monterrey), Giorgian De Arrascaeta (Cruzeiro), Diego Laxalt (Genoa), Cristian Rodriguez (Penarol), Jonathan Urretaviscaya (Monterrey)

Forwards: Cristhian Stuani (Girona), Maximiliano Gomez (Celta Vigo), Edinson Cavani (PSG), Luis Suarez (Barcelona)

Replies:
Date Posted: 16 May 2018 at 8:09am
Uruguay Squad updated

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 16 May 2018 at 8:39am
Just a suggestion, would it be better to name the titles something along the lines of

WC-A Rus/Sau/Egp/Uru

So that people can more easily find the group they want to chat about?

Keep up the good work, handy to have everything together.

Date Posted: 16 May 2018 at 8:51am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Just a suggestion, would it be better to name the titles something along the lines of

WC-A Rus/Sau/Egp/Uru

So that people can more easily find the group they want to chat about?

Keep up the good work, handy to have everything together.

Yeah I had thought that but then got lazy LOL

I do plan to update with Fixtures too a some point

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 16 May 2018 at 10:46am
Nice oneClap

Posted By: newrynyuk
Date Posted: 16 May 2018 at 2:27pm
Host nation in serious danger of crashing out in the group stages.  You have to wonder what Putin will do to ensure such a humiliation is avoided.

Mo Salah could on current form carry Egypt into the knock-out phase on his own.  Though as a Liverpool fan I hope he doesn't.  A good World Cup for Salah practically guarantees Real Madrid will put in a bid for him.

Date Posted: 16 May 2018 at 2:30pm
As i said in my team overview you'd have to think Uruguay will top that group and then it will come down between Russia and Egypt probably whoever has the better goal difference as I could see their game being a draw. It's why Russia's first game is vital they need to get a nice +score in that one to put pressure on the Egyptians.

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 16 May 2018 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Host nation in serious danger of crashing out in the group stages.  You have to wonder what Putin will do to ensure such a humiliation is avoided.

Mo Salah could on current form carry Egypt into the knock-out phase on his own.  Though as a Liverpool fan I hope he doesn't.  A good World Cup for Salah practically guarantees Real Madrid will put in a bid for him.

Zero  chance of this happening 

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 16 May 2018 at 2:35pm
Indeed. Several referees expected to be named in the Russian squad.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 17 May 2018 at 6:47am
Update for Russia

Sergei Ignashevich replaces the injured Ruslan Kambolov

Date Posted: 18 May 2018 at 1:09pm
Saudi Arabia Squad updated

Date Posted: 27 May 2018 at 12:38pm
Early reports saying Salah may have broken his collarbone or dislocated his shoulder. 

Either way he is now a major doubt

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 27 May 2018 at 2:56pm
Egyptians in mourning I'd say.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 27 May 2018 at 9:45pm
Looked like a broken collarbone alright. That’s four to six weeks: he’s out. 

-------------

Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 27 May 2018 at 10:13pm
It's been reported as sprained ligaments 

Date Posted: 28 May 2018 at 8:18pm
Supposedly an Egyptian lawyer has filed a 1b lawsuit against Ramos for injuring Salah

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 31 May 2018 at 5:03pm
That white Russian jersey worn in last night's friendly against Austria is quality Cool

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: alihau41
Date Posted: 31 May 2018 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Supposedly an Egyptian lawyer has filed a 1b lawsuit against Ramos for injuring Salah

the outcry is utterly pathetic. 

have seen the cash out values for bets that some of the lads have placed for teams to progress from the group stage diminish to nothing, all because of salah's injury. they were 6/5 to qualify at the time, 7/4 now. all hopes rest on elneny's shoulders

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 7:52pm
All final World Cup Squads updated

Posted By: UCDFAN
Date Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 2:32am
Send off for the hosts Uruguay 3:0 Uzbekistan at Estadio Centenario (World Football Historical Monument). From the first to the latest.

Goals: Giorgian De Arrascaeta Benedetti (Cruizeiro BRA), Luis Suárez (FC Barcelona) peno and José María Giménez (Atlético de Madrid).

-------------
www.ucdsupporters.ie

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 4:14pm
1-0 Russia 

Great header

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 4:16pm
Looked a pretty blatant foul.

How has nobody ever murdered Clive Tyldesley?

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 4:18pm
Was indeed.

Was VAR used for that offside

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 4:22pm
The fella who scored was well onside when the cross was played, right?
I ask as a lot on twitter are saying it was miles offside Confused

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 4:25pm
Most likely Dzagoevs tournament over

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 4:30pm

I got Saudi Arabia in the office sweepstake and there's a consolation cash prize for the worst performing team. I have to be in with a strong shout of winning looking at these turkeys. 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

There was a lad coming back from an offside position but the scorer wasn't offside in the slightest.

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

There was a lad coming back from an offside position but the scorer wasn't offside in the slightest.

Thought that, then went on twitter and thought my eyes had been deceiving me. Those are never given as offsides are they?
If it was to be disallowed for anything it would have been the nudge.

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 4:35pm
Robbie Williams middle fingering the camera has been more entertaining than Saudi Arabia so far.

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I got Saudi Arabia in the office sweepstake and there's a consolation cash prize for the worst performing team. I have to be in with a strong shout of winning looking at these turkeys. 

Aye they're no great sheikhs

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 4:40pm
Suarez could run riot against them.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 4:41pm

Two very bad sides. Can see Cavani and Suarez having a field day against both

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 4:46pm
Nice goal

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 4:46pm
I mean like, I do like the fact Saudi are trying to pass the ball about and dominate as if they're Man City.

It's a bit like putting Pep Guardiola in charge of Forest Green Rovers, good idea but they need to be told that they're sh*t.

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

I mean like, I do like the fact Saudi are trying to pass the ball about and dominate as if they're Man City.

It's a bit like putting Pep Guardiola in charge of Forest Green Rovers, good idea but they need to be told that they're sh*t.

People complain that Ireland don't try and play that way. Damned if you do and damned if you don't

Posted By: UCDFAN
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 4:49pm

Nice goal

Denis Chershev, a substitute scoring in WC Finals used to be a rare thing.
But 1st half sub scoring 1st half goal is pretty rare.

-------------
www.ucdsupporters.ie

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

People complain that Ireland don't try and play that way. Damned if you do and damned if you don't

But as we saw in Austria in 2016 with a bit of freedom to play we actually have the players to make inroads. Saudi Arabia simply don't have the players, but when I think about some of our performances in qualification SA are to be commended for playing more football than we did at times.

Russia are flattering to deceive. They aren't great, and a better team could be more than two ahead.

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 4:58pm
You could argue that the Saudis are technically better than us though.

Anyway, it wasn't actually a push as I thought and Putin's influence wasn't needed at all!

-------------

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 5:02pm
The Saudi's giving a great example of what happens when you try to play technical football without technical players.

Russia have been alright so far but quite inconsistent with their passing. I fancy them to get out of this group, they rarely lose home games and look very much up for the occasion.

Overall it's been an enjoyable opening half of World Cup football.

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 5:07pm
Dead Mark Clattenburg

-------------

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 5:14pm

Nice goal
Cracking finish.

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 5:17pm

Clap

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 5:18pm
That was actually a nice bit of play by the Saudis.

They’ll get 5 less lashings when they return home for that half chance 

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 5:32pm
Good finsh 

3-0

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 5:33pm
Power and finishing personified right there

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 5:35pm
Two subs with two of the goals?

Posted By: Pinturicchio
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 5:36pm
Golovin looks decent he is linked strongly with Juve, hopefully they agreed the fee before the world cup.

-------------
Ron Burgundy: Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina.

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 5:52pm
What a goal 

Goal of tournament contender already 

-------------

Quality finish.

-------------

Pick that out

The subs made a huge impact. Final goal was a peach.

A good, enjoyable opening game, nice and open with plenty of goals.

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 5:54pm
Uruguay will have a field day against the Saudis if Suarez and Cavani are on form 

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 5:54pm
Is that the biggest win on opening day?

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 5:55pm
Great free kick 

-------------

Pick that out

And that too

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Yep afaik 

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 5:57pm
Goal difference will be very important to Russia here. Assuming both themselves and Egypt lose to Uruguay and Russia and Egypt draw, I can’t see Egypt beating the Saudis by five. 

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Goal difference will be very important to Russia here. Assuming both themselves and Egypt lose to Uruguay and Russia and Egypt draw, I can’t see Egypt beating the Saudis by five. 

Don't know about that. Could all come down to how Salah is. Saudi team is f**king woeful 

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Yep afaik 

Italy beat US 7-1 in 1934 

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 6:00pm
Serious goals in injury time thereClap

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 6:02pm
A downbeat Saudi team could be very easy pickings if they become more demoralised, and to rack up as many as 5 goals is possible for Uruguay and Egypt.

Being honest, I'm not sure how much Salah will be able to carry Egypt. They are clearly a better side than SA, but even this weak Russian team I would suspect is good enough for them.

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Don't know about that. Could all come down to how Salah is. Saudi team is f**king woeful 

Yeah but the rest of the Egyptian team is far closer to the standard of the Saudi team than it is to Russia or Uruguay. 

Posted By: sid waddell
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 6:30pm
The Saudis only lost 1-0 to Cameroon in Eire's group in 2002 after being thrashed 8-0 by Germany. 

They'll lose every match, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them restrict Egypt to a narrow enough win. 

A draw against either Egypt or Uruguay might well be enough for the Russians. 

-------------
Edited by Trigboy 10 at 10:03pm

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 9:40pm
Looks like Mohamed Salah will be fit for tomorrows game v Uruguay.

-------------

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Looks like Mohamed Salah will be fit for tomorrows game v Uruguay.

He'll play but he's not fit.  Wouldn't surprise me if he misses the start of the premier league season

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 9:48pm
Uruguay are not the type of team to shirk a challenge. He could be a very peripheral figure tomorrow.

-------------

Posted By: Terzino
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 10:18pm
When a team wins 5-0 you'd expect them to have dominated every aspect of the game. But Russia defended in numbers and took their chances when they arrived.

The Saudis put us to shame with some of their play in the first half, but defended poorly and didn't use the ball well when they got up the field. 

They are a bit of a footballing cliche. A neat footballing team that can't score and the minute they concede a goal their morale disappears completely.

However, when a team ships a load of goals in their first game they usually recover for their next match.  El Salvador lost 10-1 to Hungary, USA lost 5-1 to Czechoslovakia and the Saudis lost 8-0 to Germany.

All of those teams only lost 1-0 in their second games. 

I can only think of Greece losing 4-0 to Argentina, and then repeating the feat in their second game as the exception. 

If history is a guide then the Saudis, employing a heroic rearguard action, should only lose by 1 to Uruguay.

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 7:35am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Uruguay are not the type of team to shirk a challenge. He could be a very peripheral figure tomorrow.

I miss Paolo Montero.

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 8:19am
I thought ITV were still showing Soccer Aid when I saw the keeper's attempt at saving the free kick at the end.

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 9:55am
Clap
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I miss Paolo Montero.

-------------

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 10:36am

I thought ITV were still showing Soccer Aid when I saw the keeper's attempt at saving the free kick at the end.

There was another moment in the first half when a deflected shot scooped up in the air, he seemed to have plenty of time to adjust and just catch it, but instead hesitated and ended up doing this flying slap yoke.

There should be plenty of comedy potential from him in the next two games.

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 10:39am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

There was another moment in the first half when a deflected shot scooped up in the air, he seemed to have plenty of time to adjust and just catch it, but instead hesitated and ended up doing this flying slap yoke.

There should be plenty of comedy potential from him in the next two games.

Another time near the end a poor Russian cross along the ground was nowhere near anyone and the Saudi centre half, with all the time in the world miscontrolled it out for a corner. Was desperate play as was a lot of their defending.

Russia made a mockery of the FIFA rankings yesterday

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 10:53am
Yeah the rankings are not worth looking at for a team who had no qualifiers and played friendlies against decent teams . No wonder their rankings went to sh*t.  Just like Wales and Switzerland avoided friendlies and their rankings went up as a result . 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 11:27am
This Russian side isn't a good side at all, aside from Chershev and Afkinfeev you'd struggle to find a good player in the rest of the 21 man list.
They looked better than they actually are against a side who quite frankly reminded me of Gibraltar - They want to play football, but they just simply can't.

I expected alot better from Saudi, this is afterall the same team who beat the Japs so I was expecting mediocre football at best not horrifically terrible

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 11:31am

This Russian side isn't a good side at all, aside from Chershev and Afkinfeev you'd struggle to find a good player in the rest of the 21 man list.
They looked better than they actually are against a side who quite frankly reminded me of Gibraltar - They want to play football, but they just simply can't.

I expected alot better from Saudi, this is afterall the same team who beat the Japs so I was expecting mediocre football at best not horrifically terrible

Golovin is a really good player and will probably move to a top league in the next few months, not to mention Alan Dzagoev who could definitely operate in a far better league.

The likes of Zhirkov and Ignashevish etc to their credit have had good careers, but age has caught up with them.

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Golovin is a really good player and will probably move to a top league in the next few months, not to mention Alan Dzagoev who could definitely operate in a far better league.

The likes of Zhirkov and Ignashevish etc to their credit have had good careers, but age has caught up with them.

This fella seems to never age, he's been around forever LOL

I bet his birth certificate is in roman numerals he's been around for that long.

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 11:37am
Mo Salah isn't starting, confirmed. 

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Mo Salah isn't starting, confirmed. 

I hope he is fit to at least start at least one game.
It would be a terrible shame after the brilliant season he’s had.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 12:35pm
D team for Rte too for the match 

Kevin Doyle, Shay Given and Stephanie Roche hosted by Jacqui Hurley

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Yeah the rankings are not worth looking at for a team who had no qualifiers and played friendlies against decent teams . No wonder their rankings went to sh*t.  Just like Wales and Switzerland avoided friendlies and their rankings went up as a result . 
http://https://www.eloratings.net/" rel="nofollow - ELO system is more accurate 

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 12:53pm
That Uruguayan anthem jacket is beautiful

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 1:04pm
Looks like theres a good few empty seats at this game wonder will we see thst alot during the tournament 

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Posted By: TonyNotJack
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 1:07pm
Uruguay : population 3.4 million people

World cup winners (2 times) semi finalists (3 times)

South American champions (15 times)

Olympic gold medalists (2 times)

Clap

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Looks like theres a good few empty seats at this game wonder will we see thst alot during the tournament 
Yeah looks half empty

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

http://https://www.eloratings.net/" rel="nofollow - ELO system is more accurate 
They are a real piece of blue sky thinking alright.

-------------

Posted By: TonyNotJack
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 1:27pm
Lots of evil women wouldn't let their men go to the match.

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 1:33pm
Suarez having a nightmare 

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 1:35pm
He looks very unfit.

-------------

Posted By: KING-CON
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 1:36pm

Yeah looks half empty

Only 33K capacity stadium. There must be only around 22K there.  

Posted By: Charlton's Child
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

Yeah looks half empty

Only 33K capacity stadium. There must be only around 22K there.  

That's after the World Cup , Its 45k with all the scaffolding 

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 1:57pm
Wait till Qatar, those attendances could be abysmal.

Posted By: Charlton's Child
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 2:01pm

Wait till Qatar, those attendances could be abysmal.

Was just looking at the stadiums there , Most ground around the 45K mark 

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 2:16pm
Very disappointed with Uruguay so far expected much more

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 2:19pm
They'll have to put Suarez out of his misery here soon. This is embarrassing.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 2:31pm
Salah to come on a nick it in the last few.

Uruguay look completely devoid of ideas. 

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 2:32pm
Oh my god Suarez. Go home lad

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Uruguay : population 3.4 million people

World cup winners (2 times) semi finalists (3 times)

South American champions (15 times)

Olympic gold medalists (2 times)

Clap

They won the first two world cups they played in.
They didn’t travel to Europe for the 2nd and 3rd.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 2:48pm
About time

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 2:49pm
At last LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 6:56pm
The Russian National Anthem Clap

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net