Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=56253
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 3:08am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Ryan Cassidy
Posted By: Double Maxim
Subject: Ryan Cassidy
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 6:17am
 17 year old Dub Ryan seems to be doing well with Watford he has signed a pre contract for the Hornets scoring a hat trick on his debut for them.

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Replies:
Posted By: DeclanDaly
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 1:28pm
The long awaited Troy Deeney endorsement:  http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/16154951.Deeney_backs_Cassidy_to_go_far_if_he_avoids_modern_distractions/" rel="nofollow - http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/16154951.Deeney_backs_Cassidy_to_go_far_if_he_avoids_modern_distractions/

-------------
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 5:47pm
Has been linked with a move to Everton. Would be a weird one as he’s only just signed a professional deal at Watford. 

Posted By: valo88
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Has been linked with a move to Everton. Would be a weird one as he’s only just signed a professional deal at Watford. 

Was highly rated by Marco Silva when he was there, so could be something in it. Would be a good move, Everton tend to give their young lads a chance.

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 10:11pm
Ryan scored for the Watford at the weekend in an U23s match v Birmingham city. Thumbs Up

-------------

Posted By: Scissors Kick
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 1:15am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Ryan scored for the Watford at the weekend in an U23s match v Birmingham city. Thumbs Up

He assisted one in a 3-1 loss, he didn't score. 

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 6:47am
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

He assisted one in a 3-1 loss, he didn't score. 

That will teach me to take any notice of Balls.ie.
Embarrassed

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 7:05am
Reports saying that Everton Derby Co and Aston Villa are interested in signing Ryan.

-------------

Posted By: Four-Four-Two
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 11:16pm
last minute equalizer for accrington tonight

Posted By: Green Cockade
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 12:04am
He's a prospect, hope he comes through. Playing men's football will be a big help, good to see interest from big clubs.

Posted By: kevin100
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 12:51am
Decent prospect flying under the radar. From what I see 4 goals and 2 assists in 11 games in all competitions for Accrington now not at all a shabby return for a kid in his first year in men’s football in a side that may be pushing for play offs too.

Was on the bench tonight too from what I see so he clearly hasn’t started all of those games either.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 11:49am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Decent prospect flying under the radar. From what I see 4 goals and 2 assists in 11 games in all competitions for Accrington now not at all a shabby return for a kid in his first year in men’s football in a side that may be pushing for play offs too.

Was on the bench tonight too from what I see so he clearly hasn’t started all of those games either.

He needed that goal last night, he's lost his place after starting the season in the side, hasn't been starting recently. He was a 90th minute sub, he scored the rebound from his own missed pen on 95 minutes. Fair play for wanting to take it though only after coming on.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 12:20pm
Ahh okay. Fair enough that will happen to these lads at clubs like that where there is pressure even at this level up to them to try and win the place back.

he got an important goal tonight and the bit of luck getting the rebound which we all need from time to time.

Posted By: Fozz
Date Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 3:25pm
Lost amid the furore over the International window was the fact that Cassidy made his comeback on Monday as a sub for the Watford reserves (at least I think it was the reserves).

Was out for 9 months injured, so glad to see him back on the right track.

https://twitter.com/casso_9/status/1434970016089260032" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/casso_9/status/1434970016089260032

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 1:36pm
Scores for the Watford U23's.
Good to hear he's back playing and getting a goal, even at this level, must be heartening after so long on on the treatment table.

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 3:11pm
He had 4 goals and 2 assists in 17 appearances for Accrington prior to his injury so it wasn't like he was doing terrible. He's a promising player nice to see him score a few get his eye back in. 

Do we think he gets a loan move in January maybe? 

Posted By: Hotlips_Hoolahan
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 3:56pm

He had 4 goals and 2 assists in 17 appearances for Accrington prior to his injury so it wasn't like he was doing terrible. He's a promising player nice to see him score a few get his eye back in. 

As I recall, his only goal from open play was a rebound from a penalty that he missed.

-------------
You know Spider, you're a f**kin' mumbling stuttering little f**k. You know that?

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

As I recall, his only goal from open play was a rebound from a penalty that he missed.

& he'd lost his place well before the injury and hadn't come off the bench much just before it either. The injury didn't help but it wasn't the whole story at all.

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

& he'd lost his place well before the injury and hadn't come off the bench much just before it either. The injury didn't help but it wasn't the whole story at all.

Ahh okay that's fair. Only looked up his stats there. 

Do we think he gets a loan in Jan.

Posted By: You Tell Me
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 8:03pm
Wasn't doing well in League 1 so a League 2 or National League move might be more realistic. Maybe even playing a few months back in Ireland might be a possibility for him.

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 10:17am
Good to see this lad go play LoI for a while to get him back into men's football following a long injury lay-off.

As far as I can tell, he hasn't played a senior match in just over a year, when he was then forced out with injury and only back recenly playing (and scoring ) at U23 level.

Could be an U21 option this year if it goes well for him.

Posted By: greenshoots
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 10:26am
Another young striker who is dong well and scoring goals at underage level. Hope the move works out. The more of these lads coming through the better!

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 10:43am
Scored 7 in 5 in the FA Youth Cup back in 18/19, for whatever that is worth.

His last action was in L1 with Accrington Stanley in 20/21 where he played on and off for the first half of the season, netting just twice, before injury took him out until recent weeks.

Has never really played underage for us and I assume that's because he was down the pecking order behind the young forwards we all know about.
But in good news for him, we are a bit sparse up front in the U21's (hence Ferguson moved right up to that age-group) so if he were to do well at Bohs, he could find himself there or there-abouts around the squad later in the year.

Best of luck to him.

Posted By: You Tell Me
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2022 at 6:01pm
Having been released by Watford at the end of last season Cassidy is on trial with Swindon at the moment. Scored for them today in a pre-season game. 

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net