Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=56220
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 5:03am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Putin/Russia thread
Posted By: irishmufc
Subject: Putin/Russia thread
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 7:15pm
I think this topic deserves a thread of it's own.

I'd be very concerned about expelling diplomats on the basis of British Intelligence's suspicion.

Not saying Russia/Russian Intelligence wasn't behind it but it just seems an unnecessary thing for us to get involved in bad relations with a country that we don't have any real issues with.

I think we should stay out of this. All these superpower states are involved in extra judicial killings, regime change, surveillance and interfering in each others Democratic processes. Is this something we really want to weigh in on?

If the Russian state assassinated someone on Irish soil or stole our passports (a la Israel) to commit an extrajudicial murder elsewhere, and it was proven then we would be well within our rights to expel their diplomats or shut down their embassy.

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Replies:
Posted By: Butch
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 7:35pm
I have to agree . None of our business and i also heard a report on it earlier that we should show EU solidarity and the powers that are most offended by the Russians alleged crimes don't even wanna be part of the EU . Its laughable

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

I have to agree . None of our business and i also heard a report on it earlier that we should show EU solidarity and the powers that are most offended by the Russians alleged crimes don't even wanna be part of the EU . Its laughable

I'm literally after reading an article in the local that absolutely has it spot on.100% agree. It's a pity it was written by Ian O'Doherty in the Indo . Cannot bear him.

-------------

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 8:02pm
Why did we not f**k out aload of Israeli diplomats after the passport fiasco? Surely that was more important to us than what happened in England. As a neutral country should we not be staying out of this bullsh*t

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Why did we not f**k out aload of Israeli diplomats after the passport fiasco? Surely that was more important to us than what happened in England. As a neutral country should we not be staying out of this bullsh*t

It was a disgrace.
This was something that directly affected us but imagine if it was Iran who had used Irish passports to carry out a political killing on some Pro-U.S./Israeli agent in another country, I have a feeling our Government would have a more substantial response with more serious consequences for the Iranian embassy's staff in Ireland.

-------------

Posted By: planning
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 8:25pm
A bit of context. America expelled 60, and closed a consulate to make a statement. We expelled 1 intelligence officer as a cosmetic exercise.

We had no choice, but to take action after the EU did, so we could not be seen as an easy target/safe haven by the Russian state.

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

A bit of context. America expelled 60, and closed a consulate to make a statement. We expelled 1 intelligence officer as a cosmetic exercise.

We had no choice, but to take action after the EU did, so we could not be seen as an easy target/safe haven by the Russian state.

We certainly did have a choice. I can understand us being a member of the EU Bloc being locked into the sanctions against Russia but this is unnecessary.

The Russians may see us as an easy target anyway but my point we should draw our sword when it's something they've done to undermine our sovereignty in some way. (target our I.T. infrastructure/murder someone on Irish soil etc etc)

It's better for us to save any retaliatory action for when it directly affects our national interests. People might argue that it already does but this attempted assassination didn't happen in Ireland.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 8:59pm
Australia took action, America took action, Canada took action, most of the EU took action. So if we did nothing, we would make ourselves more vulnerable to attack, when other countries had made it clear the Salisbury assassination attempt was unacceptable. We had no choice.

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 9:11pm
Plannings actually right for once

There’s minor nations out there taking action purely so they’re not seen as an easy target.
Even Balkan nations are getting in on the act.

Only 2 have confirmed they wont is Malta and Greece

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

We certainly did have a choice. I can understand us being a member of the EU Bloc being locked into the sanctions against Russia but this is unnecessary.

The Russians may see us as an easy target anyway but my point we should draw our sword when it's something they've done to undermine our sovereignty in some way. (target our I.T. infrastructure/murder someone on Irish soil etc etc)

It's better for us to save any retaliatory action for when it directly affects our national interests. People might argue that it already does but this attempted assassination didn't happen in Ireland.

Can't remember the year but was listening to an RTE on One doc podcast about KGB activity in Ireland a few years back and all diplomats were expelled then, so it wouldn't be the first time.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: Jason Kelly
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 9:39pm
Did they expel any british diplomats after the Dublin and Monaghan bombings?

A state run by quislings if ever there was one.

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Jason Kelly Jason Kelly wrote:

Did they expel any british diplomats after the Dublin and Monaghan bombings?

A state run by quislings if ever there was one.

Of course we didn't. I'd be expecting more collusion with the British state than anything else.

Have a read of the Barron report.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Can't remember the year but was listening to an RTE on One doc podcast about KGB activity in Ireland a few years back and all diplomats were expelled then, so it wouldn't be the first time.

It was around 1983 when they were exposed so the expulsions would have been around the same time.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Plannings actually right
There’s minor nations out there taking action purely so they’re not seen as an easy target.
Even Balkan nations are getting in on the act.

Only 2 have confirmed they wont is Malta and Greece

Personally, I thought beforehand, this should have remained a UK-Russia issue. But the en masse expulsions by other European countries, meant we had no option but to follow suit. We did the absolute bare minimum and no more.

However, I will also say that the timing was grossly insensitive, given the incident in Kemerovo. And if such an incident happened in this neck of the woods, we would expect to be given adequate time to come to terms with it. The Russian response will be strong, so the action taken now is likely to make the response even stronger.

Posted By: buhrke
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 10:51pm
It's madness, we're buying oil from Russia, if they want they can make us crawl on our knees to the sheiks.

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 11:03pm
Honestly, I don’t think the ramifications will be in any way noticeable from our point of view. It seems tokenistic and not much more than that. I also doubt Russia will be too concerned about the expulsion of a single diplomat from Ireland. I agree that given the number of states taking similar actions, and our relationship with the UK, we have little to actually lose.

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 9:50am
Anyone see PrimeTime last night? The Russians are building an expanded embassy in Rathfarnham, adding a load of underground rooms that they claim are extra car parking and accommodation. This despite the fact that they reduced the numbers working here by 30% in the past few years.

What the f**k are they building there Confused

Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 10:14am
I don't think the Russians will particularly care about what we've done, but i also agree we shouldn't, as a neutral country, get involved in such diplomatic sanctions based on the say-so of a foreign country playing war games. Simon Coveney says this is to 'show solidarity with our nearest neighbour' - that being the one we are at loggerheads with over their complete disregard for a crucially important question to us over our border, in the event they shoot themselves in the foot by leaving the EU. That solidarity has gone unreciprocated when it matters time and time again.

We shouldn't be getting involved in this as a neutral country. Austria didn't follow suit for the same reason, and cited a desire to build bridges between east and west. We ought to have done the same.

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 11:34am
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

I don't think the Russians will particularly care about what we've done, but i also agree we shouldn't, as a neutral country, get involved in such diplomatic sanctions based on the say-so of a foreign country playing war games. Simon Coveney says this is to 'show solidarity with our nearest neighbour' - that being the one we are at loggerheads with over their complete disregard for a crucially important question to us over our border, in the event they shoot themselves in the foot by leaving the EU. That solidarity has gone unreciprocated when it matters time and time again.

We shouldn't be getting involved in this as a neutral country. Austria didn't follow suit for the same reason, and cited a desire to build bridges between east and west. We ought to have done the same.

The Russians want nothing to do with that. I would agree with that logic if I didnt feel there was such bad faith in the way Russia is currently conducting its domestic and foreign policy. They have no interest in bridge building. Also, Austria's current administration is not something I would look at as something to admire considering the junior party of Government.

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 11:54am

Australia took action, America took action, Canada took action, most of the EU took action. So if we did nothing, we would make ourselves more vulnerable to attack, when other countries had made it clear the Salisbury assassination attempt was unacceptable. We had no choice.

I don't think we're any more vulnerable to attack than we would be if we stayed out of it and all I can see is that we can only lose out having needlessly bad relations with Russia. 

I could understand if we gained something in return from the UK (more favourable terms on the Brexit/border issue) but it seems like a needlessly self-inflicted wound but we'll agree to disagree. 

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 12:02pm

I don't think we're any more vulnerable to attack than we would be if we stayed out of it and all I can see is that we can only lose out having needlessly bad relations with Russia. 

I could understand if we gained something in return from the UK (more favourable terms on the Brexit/border issue) but it seems like a needlessly self-inflicted wound but we'll agree to disagree. 

I actually think attempting to play "hard ball" like that with the UK could backfire. The Russians won't care too much as their issue is with the UK, and the other major states, rather than the small ones who will make a symbolic decision here. and quite frankly, i'm glad we're not standing on the side of the Governments like Greece and Austria given who runs them.

Posted By: TonyNotJack
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 12:53pm
There are only 3,000 Russian citizens in Ireland.There are 18 diplomats and 29 staff in total in the embassy.That's more than they seem to need. They also have an oversized satellite dish and a tennis court.They can't be up to any good.

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Anyone see PrimeTime last night? The Russians are building an expanded embassy in Rathfarnham, adding a load of underground rooms that they claim are extra car parking and accommodation. This despite the fact that they reduced the numbers working here by 30% in the past few years.

Where in Ruzthfarnham commrade is this been built? 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: GB 1HughJarse
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

There are only 3,000 Russian citizens in Ireland.There are 18 diplomats and 29 staff in total in the embassy.That's more than they seem to need. They also have an oversized satellite dish and a tennis court.They can't be up to any good.

That’s not a tennis court, it’s a launchpad for Thunderbird 2.

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Where in Ruzthfarnham commrade is this been built? 
http://https://goo.gl/maps/exD6sxYG5GG2" rel="nofollow - Russian Embassy

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 1:59pm

This site can’t be reached

https’s server IP address could not be found.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

They are onto you comrade Shezite

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

The Russians want nothing to do with that. I would agree with that logic if I didnt feel there was such bad faith in the way Russia is currently conducting its domestic and foreign policy. They have no interest in bridge building. Also, Austria's current administration is not something I would look at as something to admire considering the junior party of Government.

true, but it would be a handy excuse for us not to pursue a foreign policy which is based on populism that doesn't even emerge from our own country

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 2:24pm
I think the government has got this spot on. They have managed a lot of things very well lately, it has to be said.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 2:27pm

true, but it would be a handy excuse for us not to pursue a foreign policy which is based on populism that doesn't even emerge from our own country

I would totally agree with that. But this is a token of solidarity, which will have very little resonance with the Russians. It is totally symbolic. However, I would prefer us taking a line on this particular issue. We may have our history with the UK, but that should not allow us fall into the trap of pandering to the Russians, or be seen to pander to Putin and co.

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2018 at 4:13pm
If ever I have been convinced that Ireland's approach to this is the correct one, it is just to look at the twitter pages and statements of those in parliament opposing the move to expel the Russian diplomat.

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2018 at 11:32pm
The policeman injured in the nerve gas attack has left hospital. Mr Skripal's daughter is seemingly on the mend (to an extent anyway) and off the critical list. So the deadly nerve gas attack may not have been deadly ? Dunno if that means anything in the big scheme of things, but several sources of information were insisting up to yesterday that the 2 of them were more or less clinically dead. 

Anyway, the government has probably played this as well as they could have, no massive sanctions against Russia & a token gesture of solidarity with the UK/EU. The lads who invented 'Realpolitik' would probably approve, though not publically. 

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2018 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

The policeman injured in the nerve gas attack has left hospital. Mr Skripal's daughter is seemingly on the mend (to an extent anyway) and off the critical list. So the deadly nerve gas attack may not have been deadly ? Dunno if that means anything in the big scheme of things, but several sources of information were insisting up to yesterday that the 2 of them were more or less clinically dead. 

Anyway, the government has probably played this as well as they could have, no massive sanctions against Russia & a token gesture of solidarity with the UK/EU. The lads who invented 'Realpolitik' would probably approve, though not publically. 

It's 8 times more powerful than the substance North Korea used to assassinate Kim's relative in Singapore, ofcourse it's deadly LOL

As I said in the UK Politics Thread like 3 weeks ago the Police Officer contracting the virus was the key to the puzzle, he had only been at the front door of the Skripal household before he was poisoned so the source had to be there. And the fact he was on the outside of the house highly suggests a contaminated object such as the door handle or gate.
The car was taken away for suspicion but the question was raised how on earth did the Police Officer contract the virus if the car was tampered with which he had no access to.

There was no actual physical activity taking place IE. Smudging it his face like what happened in Singapore but the only slight contact is probably the only reason the 2 are still alive.

Posted By: eireland
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 9:27am
Obviously Ireland went for the token gesture of expelling just 1 diplomat but we shouldn't be expelling any. We never expell American, British, French, UK or Chinese diplomats when they kill innocents and i can guarantee you the Americans have assisinated many a man, you just don't ever find out in the media. Hypocritical doing it for just the russians and not in our interests.

Date Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 10:36am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Obviously Ireland went for the token gesture of expelling just 1 diplomat but we shouldn't be expelling any. We never expell American, British, French, UK or Chinese diplomats when they kill innocents and i can guarantee you the Americans have assisinated many a man, you just don't ever find out in the media. Hypocritical doing it for just the russians and not in our interests.

I really don't understand why people are so concerned with consistent action, given that it's modern day Russia that we are dealing with. I also find it strange that issues of neutrality are being raised, when our military neutrality has not been compromised in any way.

I actually think this has raised an interesting issues as to whether our constitutional neutrality is a good thing.

Posted By: the_walls
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 11:29am
I don't think it is in the Constitution that we are neutral

Date Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 11:31am
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

I don't think it is in the Constitution that we are neutral

There is a clause about the EU which buttresses our neutrality. But it is a general policy.

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 4:29pm
Something doesn't sit right with Yulia Skripal.

She rings her cousin in Moscow.
The conversation conventionally ends up on Russian State TV
Then the statement she releases to the British media she doesn't mention her da's condition or her da's name once. 

Very odd behaviour or she's completely milking the fact she's the centre of the global media right now.

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 5:09pm
Russia seem very anxious to push the blame onto the UK itself. Even with the UK bumbling this one, the Russians have still managed to do nothing to suggest it wasn't them.

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 5:13pm

Then the statement she releases to the British media she doesn't mention her da's condition or her da's name once. 

Very odd behaviour or she's completely milking the fact she's the centre of the global media right now.

She's obviously after a spot in Celebrity Big Brother, right? 

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Give it time. Either that or I’m a Celeb

Posted By: sid waddell
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 6:19pm

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Give it time. Either that or I’m a Celeb
I'm A Spy, Get Me Out Of Here

-------------
Edited by Trigboy 10 at 10:03pm

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 6:36pm
Given that it's Russia involved, surely it should be "Big Brother?"

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 7:27pm

Given that it's Russia involved, surely it should be "Big Brother?"
Doesn't the UK have the most surveillance cameras per square mile?

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Probably only because Russia claims it doesn't have surveillance cameras.

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 8:12pm

Funny because it is true!

-------------

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 5:56pm
Looks like he got one of his geeks to take down Twitter this afternoon #conspiracytheory

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 3:20pm

They have surveillance cameras all over Siberia too.

The Russians needed proof that the bear sh*ts in the woods.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 May 2018 at 7:55am
He has only gone and knocked off another fierce critic living in a foreign country. Arkady Babchenko was shot 3 times in the back in Kiev yesterday. I read his book 'One Soldiers War in Chechnya' a few years back. Well worth a read. 

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 30 May 2018 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

He has only gone and knocked off another fierce critic living in a foreign country. Arkady Babchenko was shot 3 times in the back in Kiev yesterday. I read his book 'One Soldiers War in Chechnya' a few years back. Well worth a read. 

Just rocked up at a press conference alive. An apparent sting by the Ukrainian Security Forces to capture the hit team Shocked

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 30 May 2018 at 3:44pm
Holy sh*t. I wonder was he wearing a bullet proof vest, or what the f**k happened? Like it's a bit of a risk to hope they don't just shoot you in the back of the head from point blank range.

-------------

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 30 May 2018 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Holy sh*t. I wonder was he wearing a bullet proof vest, or what the f**k happened? Like it's a bit of a risk to hope they don't just shoot you in the back of the head from point blank range.

Possible that the Russians have an MO of no headshots. 

That could probably change now 

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: Stickittotheman
Date Posted: 30 May 2018 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Just rocked up at a press conference alive. An apparent sting by the Ukrainian Security Forces to capture the hit team Shocked

The Russians were outmaneuvered on this one Clap

-------------
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!

Date Posted: 30 May 2018 at 4:59pm
huuumh - I'll wait till more info comes out before believing this version 

-------------

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 30 May 2018 at 11:12pm
Only thing this does is that when the Russians do actually kill the next fella/woman journo, and they do kill a fair few of them, they will just deny it & stress that they are really alive, like this lad. 

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Date Posted: 31 May 2018 at 10:02am
At first from Superdave's post and the article I read after it suggested it too, that he actually was shot, but I don't think that's the case.

Apparently his wife thought he'd been shot dead as well Confused 

Will wait for more of this soap opera to come out. Bizzare. 

-------------

Date Posted: 31 May 2018 at 10:32am
Will it go full Scooby Doo and they take his mask off to reveal he was really someone else all along?

-------------

Date Posted: 31 May 2018 at 11:10am
What a mad story.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 2:36pm
About f**king time

https://twitter.com/Billbrowder/status/1293901550788775936" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/Billbrowder/status/1293901550788775936

BREAKING: I’ve just been informed that a draft proposal for an EU Magnitsky Act has been circulated to all the Commission DG's by the EU Council. The regulation is titled "concerning restrictive measures against serious human rights violations and abuses".

We’re still trying to track down the exact wording of the draft EU Magnitsky Act to make sure the language is tough enough (and that it includes corruption and kleptocracy).

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 11:36am
I see Putin has brazenly poisoned Alexei Navalny

He really doesn't like what's happening in Belarus

Russia bots all over the INTERNET are currently in full gaslighting mode

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Aug 2020 at 10:05am
Putin is blocking the transportation of Navalny to Germany via air ambulance

I guess he's afraid the Germans might find something, like, say, a poison that is only available to the Russian regime

Maybe Baldrick can enlighten us

The Russian regime is fascist scum

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 11:31am
NewtNewbie, what's your view on Putin and Russian fascism?

What sources would you recommend to learn about Russia? Big smile

-------------

Posted By: NewtNewbie
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Okay, I'll humour you.

To be absolutely clear, I despise Putin and the kleptocratic oligarchs who rule the Russian Federation. It is antithetical to every principle I hold dear.

That said, 'Russiagate' and the theory of underhanded Russian interference in the UK referendum on EU membership has been thoroughly debunked.

A distinction has to be made between the Russian administration and Russia. Russophobia is not, and never will be, an acceptable form of racism.

If someone were to suggest that Jewish people controlled and influenced every election and that any democratic outcome that didn't go quite the way the accuser wanted was the result of the malign influence of Jews they'd be rightly condemned as anti-Semitic scum and shunned from polite society.

The attitude to oddball conspiracy theoristists who suggest the same of Russians should be no different.

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Okay, I'll humour you.

To be absolutely clear, I despise Putin and the kleptocratic oligarchs who rule the Russian Federation. It is antithetical to every principle I hold dear.

That said, Russiagate and underhand Russian interference in the UK referendum on EU membership has been thoroughly debunked.

A distinction has to be made between the Russian administration and Russia. Russophobia is not, and never will be, an acceptable form of racism.

If someone were to suggest that Jewish people controlled and influenced every election and that any democratic outcome that didn't go quite the way the accuser wanted was the result of the malign influence of Jews they'd be rightly condemned as anti-Semitic scum and shunned from polite society.

The attitude to oddball conspiracy theoristists who suggest the same of Russians should be no different.
Who has it been debunked by?

Putin? 

His kleptocratic oligarchs?

Trump? Fox News?

Why at this very moment is Trump reciting a Russian disinformation campaign?

Why are you doing so?

Your allegations of anti-Russian racism are some laugh, desperation stuff - Putin is raping Russia for his own monetary benefit, is intent on destroying democracy in Europe, has killed his own people with bombs, is an imperialist war monger, and the people you seem to get your views from, ie. the dirtbag pro-Russia left, are totally silent on it

It's pathetic to see, especially given that your views are dripping with white privilege and you seem quite happy to see fascism in the US continue

What are your views on the following:

Tulsi Gabbard
Glenn Greenwald
Matt Taibbi
Bernie Sanders
Katie Halper
John Pilger
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Seumas Milne

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 7:37pm

Okay, I'll humour you.

That said, Russiagate and underhand Russian interference in the UK referendum on EU membership has been thoroughly debunked.

Putin? 

Trump? Fox News?

Why are you doing so?

Your allegations of anti-Russian racism are some laugh, desperation stuff - Putin is raping Russia for his own monetary benefit, is intent on destroying democracy in Europe, has killed his own people with bombs, is an imperialist war monger, and the people you seem to get your views from, ie. the dirtbag pro-Russia left, are totally silent on it

It's pathetic to see, especially given that your views are dripping with white privilege and you seem quite happy to see fascism in the US continue

Tulsi Gabbard
Glenn Greenwald
Matt Taibbi
Bernie Sanders
Katie Halper
John Pilger
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Seumas Milne

Right-wingers smearing the 'dirtbag' left as umpatriotic, anti-western Russian stooges is as old and desperate a tactic as it gets.Corbyn got that treatment from your lot all the time.

Your regular tinfoil-hattist conspiracy theorist rantings simply have no basis in reality. You just sound like an old-school, Reaganite, imperialist racist.

The Cold War is long over. Get the f**k over it.

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 7:49pm

Okay, I'll humour you.

Putin? 

Trump? Fox News?

Why are you doing so?

Tulsi Gabbard
Glenn Greenwald
Matt Taibbi
Bernie Sanders
Katie Halper
John Pilger
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Seumas Milne

Right-wingers smearing the 'dirtbag' left as umpatriotic, anti-western Russian stooges is as old and desperate a tactic as it gets.Corbyn got that treatment from your lot all the time.

Your regular tinfoil-hattist conspiracy theorist rantings simply have no basis in reality. You just sound like an old-school, Reaganite, imperialist racist.

That's exactly what the dirtbag left are, they exist to run with Russian and far-right talking points and to destroy any hope of progressive change

Just as there are "centrists" who do so

As Jeremy Corbyn's most prominent supporter on this forum I know what I'm talking about

Again, you're going nuts there, flinging around baseless accusations of racism - you sound exactly like Murdoch media, funny that

I sound like a Reaganite?

Have you read what I've written about Reagan? LOL

Oh, and you didn't address a single point I made there

Thanks for that

Again, do some reading, or some listening

Good reading, and good listening

You clearly need to

Given your interest in the US, listen to a bit of Sarah Kendzior or Peter Beinart or Michelle Alexander or Adam Serwer or Nicole Hannnah Jones or Timothy Snyder or Nancy MacLean or Isabel Wilkerson or Jared Yates Sexton 

And ignore the Glenn Greenwalds and Mark Ames and Matt Taibbis and Katie Halpers and Chapo Trap Houses and Red Scares of this world, as well as the alt-right rabbit hole you've so clearly gone down

-------------

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 7:54pm
Amy reputable links to it being debunked? Didn't the UK civil service not put together a full report detailing the influence? 

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Amy reputable links to it being debunked? Didn't the UK civil service not put together a full report detailing the influence? 

Amy who? Don't expect me to do your thinking for you. Anyone who keeps abreast of current affairs can easily verify what I have stated.

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 8:30pm

Amy who? Don't expect me to do your thinking for you. Anyone keeps abreast of current affairs can easily verify what I have stated.
"Do ur own reserch!"

Southampton legend Matt Le Tissier breaks his silence over sudden Sky  Sports exit - HampshireLive

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 8:50pm

Okay, I'll humour you.

Putin? 

Trump? Fox News?

Why are you doing so?

Tulsi Gabbard
Glenn Greenwald
Matt Taibbi
Bernie Sanders
Katie Halper
John Pilger
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Seumas Milne

That's exactly what the dirtbag left are, they exist to run with Russian and far-right talking points and to destroy any hope of progressive change

As Jeremy Corbyn's most prominent supporter on this forum I know what I'm talking about

Again, you're going nuts there, flinging around baseless accusations of racism - you sound exactly like Murdoch media, funny that

Thanks for that

You clearly need to

Given your interest in the US, listen to a bit of Sarah Kendzior or Peter Beinart or Michelle Alexander or Adam Serwer or Nicole Hannnah Jones or Timothy Snyder or Nancy MacLean or Isabel Wilkerson or Jared Yates Sexton 

And ignore the Glenn Greenwalds and Mark Ames and Matt Taibbis and Katie Halpers and Chapo Trap Houses and Red Scares of this world, as well as the alt-right rabbit hole you've so clearly gone down

Okay, so you despise the 'dirtbag' left. Goes with the territory. This has already been established. You've used this construction innumerable times; some originality wouldn't go amiss.

Repeatedly calling someone like me 'nuts' really isn't a good look. Especially for an  uptight, puritanical high-horser such as yourself.

And just why do you persist in writing in punctuation-light single-sentence paragraphs?

Very odd.

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 8:57pm

Okay, I'll humour you.

Putin? 

Trump? Fox News?

Why are you doing so?

Tulsi Gabbard
Glenn Greenwald
Matt Taibbi
Bernie Sanders
Katie Halper
John Pilger
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Seumas Milne

Thanks for that

You clearly need to

Okay, so you despise the 'dirtbag' left. Goes with the territory. This has already been established. You've used this construction innumerable times; some originality wouldn't go amiss.

Repeatedly calling someone like me 'nuts' really isn't a good look. Especially for an  uptight, puritanical high-horser such as yourself.

And just why do you persist in writing in punctuation-light single sentence paragraphs?

Very odd.

I call the dirtbag left exactly what they are, they deserve zero respect because they have zero positive vision for anything, the only aim they have is to destroy

Lolz, your whole tirade against me has been that I'm not uptight, puritanical and high horse enough!

You see unfortunately the problem with you - and let's just say for argument's sake that you are actually what you claim you are - is that you're the exact sort of humourless nutcase that turns people off the left

Your first impulse is to viciously abuse people

But it's obvious you're not actually a left-winger at all, I've seen trolls like you who run with dirtbag left/alt-right (they're the same thing) ultra cynical narratives a thousand times on forums and each time it becomes more and more obvious what they are - disuptors to try and divide opposition to fascism

The problem with the dirtbag left is they don't oppose fascism at all and instead willingly enable it

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 8:59pm
@NewtGingrich

If you had a vote in the US presidential election, who would you vote for? 

And explain your rationale

Why are Bernie Sanders, Noam Chomsky, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ilhan Omar all imploring people to vote for Biden?

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 9:15pm

Okay, I'll humour you.

Putin? 

Trump? Fox News?

Why are you doing so?

Tulsi Gabbard
Glenn Greenwald
Matt Taibbi
Bernie Sanders
Katie Halper
John Pilger
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Seumas Milne

Thanks for that

You clearly need to

And just why do you persist in writing in punctuation-light single sentence paragraphs?

Very odd.

I call the dirtbag left exactly what they are, they deserve zero respect because they have zero positive vision for anything, the only aim they have is to destroy

Lolz, your whole tirade against me has been that I'm not uptight, puritanical and high horse enough!

You see unfortunately the problem with you - and let's just say for argument's sake that you are actually what you claim you are - is that you're the exact sort of humourless nutcase that turns people off the left

But it's obvious you're not actually a left-winger at all, I've seen trolls like you who run with dirtbag left/alt-right (they're the same thing) ultra cynical narratives a thousand times on forums and each time it becomes more and more obvious what they are - disuptors to try and divide opposition to fascism

The problem with the dirtbag left is they don't oppose fascism at all and instead willingly enable it

'you're the exact sort of humourless nutcase that turns people off the left

Your first impulse is to viciously abuse people'

f**king hell. How can anybody even try to begin to take someone like you, who constantly undermines their own arguments, seriously?

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 9:23pm

Okay, I'll humour you.

Putin? 

Trump? Fox News?

Why are you doing so?

Tulsi Gabbard
Glenn Greenwald
Matt Taibbi
Bernie Sanders
Katie Halper
John Pilger
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Seumas Milne

Thanks for that

You clearly need to

Very odd.

f**king hell. How can anybody even try to begin to take someone like you, who constantly undermines their own arguments, seriously?

But that's what you are! 

Read back over your own posts!

I don't viciously abuse people for no reason, because I'm able to debate

I'll certainly people out where justified and take the piss out of people, because taking the piss out of people is what a forum like this is for

You aren't able to debate at all which is why you have to resort to crazy shrieking and personal abuse 

There's no substance to your posts

I know a spoofer when I read one

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 10:10pm

Amy who? Don't expect me to do your thinking for you. Anyone who keeps abreast of current affairs can easily verify what I have stated.

Right, except every day I read pretty much every reputable news source, right and left, and have never seen any report on the evidence on interference being brought into doubt

A quick Google here has reports from right across the spectrum confirming there was an attempt to influence the vote, not one saying otherwise 

So I'm not sure how I've managed to not keep abreast of current affairs on this one, but sure just use a typo against me instead 

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 10:11pm

Okay, I'll humour you.

Putin? 

Trump? Fox News?

Why are you doing so?

Tulsi Gabbard
Glenn Greenwald
Matt Taibbi
Bernie Sanders
Katie Halper
John Pilger
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Seumas Milne

Thanks for that

You clearly need to

Very odd.

But that's what you are! 

Read back over your own posts!

I don't viciously abuse people for no reason, because I'm able to debate

I'll certainly people out where justified and take the piss out of people, because taking the piss out of people is what a forum like this is for

You aren't able to debate at all which is why you have to resort to crazy shrieking and personal abuse 

There's no substance to your posts

I know a spoofer when I read one

Your stridently right-wing views and unbridled enthusiasm for mass-murderers like Biden and the Clintons are despicable. Expect to be called out over them again and again.

And misrepresenting your opponents as Russian bots and trolls doesn't pass as an ability to debate.

Your appallingly sh*tty views represent the mainstream, as they have for 40 years. You've won. At least have the magnanimity to be gracious in victory

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 10:23pm

Your stridently right-wing views and unbridled enthusiasm for mass-murderers like Biden and the Clintons are despicable. Expect to be called out over them again and again.

And misrepresenting your opponents as Russian bots and trolls doesn't pass as an ability to debate.

Your appallingly sh*tty views represent the mainstream, as they have for 40 years. You've won. At least have the magnanimity to be gracious in victory

f**king hell

"My stridently right-wing views" LOL

And here was me being called a communist for so long I'd almost started to believe it myself LOL

I'd never call you a Russian bot, but you sure do a good impression of one!

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 11:18pm

Right, except every day I read pretty much every reputable news source, right and left, and have never seen any report on the evidence on interference being brought into doubt

A quick Google here has reports from right across the spectrum confirming there was an attempt to influence the vote, not one saying otherwise 

So I'm not sure how I've managed to not keep abreast of current affairs on this one, but sure just use a typo against me instead 

Bump 

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 12:01am

Bump 

There were well-documented, high-profile investigations into these issues and no evidence of colusion or interference could be proved.

If your position is that there was, then the burden of proof is on you to show this.

In the second half of the 20th century alone, America directly involved itself in the internal affairs of 100-plus countries through the direct violent overthrowing of sovereign governments or other means.

Why is this deamed acceptable, but perceived undue Russian interference in the US not?

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 12:20am

Bump 

There were well-documented, high-profile investigations into these issues and no evidence of colusion or interference could be proved.

If your position is that there was, then the burden of proof is on you to show this.

In the second half of the 20th century alone, America directly involved itself in the internal affairs of 100-plus countries through the direct violent overthrowing of sovereign governments or other means.

Why is this deamed acceptable, but perceived undue Russian interference in the US not?
The Mueller investigation was a placeholder investigation designed to uncover nothing of real substance

It did not dig into Trump's financial affairs or background

The FBI and foreign intelligence services sounded the alarm on Trumps ties to Russia months before the 2016 election

Trump used an actual Russian intelligence agent, Paul Manafort, as his campaign manager

Manafort ran "the Torturer's lobby" and orchestrated Russian client Viktor Yanukovych's rise to power in Ukraine

Trump's business were all fronts for Russian money laundering

The Senate investigation confirmed that there was indeed collusion between Trump and Russia

But that's only scratching the surface

The fantasy that Trump is not doing Russia's bidding is strictly for slow learners

Your defence of Russian interference in the US elections is classic whataboutery 

Your claims that you are not pro-Putin are laughable, you just use every Russian talking point in the book

It's becoming very apparent what you are, and somebody interested in left-wing politics or anything vaguely progressive, you are most definitely not

Definitely a right-wing troll

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 12:36am

Bump 

The Mueller investigation was a placeholder investigation designed to uncover nothing of real substance

It did not dig into Trump's financial affairs or background

The FBI and foreign intelligence services sounded the alarm on Trumps ties to Russia months before the 2016 election

Trump used an actual Russian intelligence agent, Paul Manafort, as his campaign manager

Manafort ran "the Torturer's lobby" and orchestrated Russian client Viktor Yanukovych's rise to power in Ukraine

Trump's business were all fronts for Russian money laundering

The Senate investigation confirmed that there was indeed collusion between Trump and Russia

But that's only scratching the surface

The fantasy that Trump is not doing Russia's bidding is strictly for slow learners

Your defence of Russian interference in the US elections is classic whataboutery 

Your claims that you are not pro-Putin are laughable, you just use every Russian talking point in the book

It's becoming very apparent what you are, and somebody interested in left-wing politics or anything vaguely progressive, you are most definitely not

Definitely a right-wing troll

And you're definitely a right-wing, imperialistic racist and inveterate believer in US-led 'Western' supremacy. You are also a conspiracy theorist crank with a wholly irrational and unjustifiable hatred of Russian people.

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 12:39am

And you're definitely a right-wing, imperialistic racist and inveterate believer in US-led 'Western' supremacy. You are also a conspiracy theorist crank with a wholly irrational and unjustifiable hatred of Russian people.
f**king hell LOL

You must be on acid or something

I've never read such utter tripe in me life

You're unhinged LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 12:42am
Where's my racism by the way, @NewtGingrich?

You've never come up with anything Smile

I bet you still support Maduro LOL

And Lukashenko

And we all know you support Putin

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 12:56am

Where's my racism by the way, @NewtGingrich?

You've never come up with anything Smile

I bet you still support Maduro LOL

And Lukashenko

And we all know you support Putin

Newt got your tongue, Gingrich?

-------------

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 1:00am
Apologies for breaking up this friendly little debate.  Its only a few weeks ago a warning was issued about the labelling of other posters as racists etc, with a number of posters banned. The message seems to have fallen on deaf fingers as evidenced above in Newts post. So have a week off Newt.

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 1:41am
Heart attacks are the new falling out of windows

https://thehill.com/policy/international/537556-doctor-who-treated-navalny-after-poisoning-suddenly-dies

A doctor who treated Alexei Navalny last year after the Russian opposition leader was poisoned has suddenly died, the hospital where he worked announced Thursday.

Sergey Maximishin served as deputy chief physician at the Omsk emergency hospital that immediately treated Navalny following the poison attack that the opposition leader has blamed on the Russian government. Maximishin died "suddenly" at the age of 55, the hospital said.

"With regret, we inform you that ... the deputy chief physician for anesthesiology and resuscitation of the emergency hospital №1, assistant of the department of Omsk State Medical University, PhD of medical sciences Maximishin Sergey Valentinovich suddenly passed away," the hospital said in a statement  https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/04/europe/russia-navalny-doctor-maximishin-dies-intl/index.html" rel="nofollow - reported by CNN.

The hospital statement did not state a cause of death, though a spokeswoman from Omsk's regional health ministry later told CNN that Maximishin died of a heart attack, citing "preliminary data."

Maximishin was in charge of treating Navalny after he was poisoned. Navalny was put in a medically induced coma before being moved to Berlin for further treatment.

A top aide to Navalny noted that it's "not uncommon for doctors of his age to suddenly die."

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 8:30pm
posted without comment

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/474e7408-0f6d-11ed-b7aa-67f5549661eb?shareToken=25debfad2d90045834eac60c2eedabc2" rel="nofollow - http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/474e7408-0f6d-11ed-b7aa-67f5549661eb?shareToken=25debfad2d90045834eac60c2eedabc2

-------------

Posted By: More Anne
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 12:37am

posted without comment

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/474e7408-0f6d-11ed-b7aa-67f5549661eb?shareToken=25debfad2d90045834eac60c2eedabc2" rel="nofollow - http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/474e7408-0f6d-11ed-b7aa-67f5549661eb?shareToken=25debfad2d90045834eac60c2eedabc2

The only way this really ends is with the armies of the free world destroying Russian cities and entering Moscow like the Russians entered Berlin in 1945, and with Putin and his cronies hanging by the neck from meat hooks, and the country broken up and administered by client governments. 

And in truth, this is what both has to and should happen. The Russian Nazis will never change. Russia and Russianness is a crocodile in the pool of humanity. 

The free world still hasn't copped on that this war is an existential one. 

Posted By: Neil Armstrong
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 12:43pm
Mrs Higgins what's the story? Ermm

-------------
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Mrs Higgins what's the story? Ermm

Kompromat? Big smile

-------------

Posted By: B6 6HE
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by More Anne More Anne wrote:

posted without comment

The only way this really ends is with the armies of the free world destroying Russian cities and entering Moscow like the Russians entered Berlin in 1945, and with Putin and his cronies hanging by the neck from meat hooks, and the country broken up and administered by client governments. 

And in truth, this is what both has to and should happen. The Russian Nazis will never change. Russia and Russianness is a crocodile in the pool of humanity. 

That would mean full scale nuclear war? 

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

posted without comment

Why?

Posted By: B6 6HE
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 9:22pm

posted without comment

Why?

OK....you want NATO/The West to invade Russia, a country with a huge nuclear arsenal, conquer it. Then put in s place a new regime and believe that can be achieved without a full scale nuclear war..........

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 11:28am

posted without comment

Why?

OK....you want NATO/The West to invade Russia, a country with a huge nuclear arsenal, conquer it. Then put in s place a new regime and believe that can be achieved without a full scale nuclear war..........

I asked you a simple question. Why would there be nuclear war?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net