URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=56150
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 4:40am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Richie Towell - No Puns
Posted By: nvidic
Subject: Richie Towell - No Puns
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 2:01pm
Hopefully that helps.

Anyway, playing good football by all accounts and an ever-present, be surprised if he didn't make a move in the Summer.

Replies:
Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 2:07pm
Clap

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 2:10pm
Why was my post removed? There was no pun it at all! I merely suggested he isn't scoring enough. Ridiculous.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 2:20pm
Not sure if he will ever get his game to the next level but hope I am wrong .
 Now same could be said about the lads at Preston , sort of a change of manager and things are not looking as good as they were .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Not sure if he will ever get his game to the next level but hope I am wrong .
 Now same could be said about the lads at Preston , sort of a change of manager and things are not looking as good as they were .
He very much seems to be a home bird. You have to remember that he dropped straight into Bluebell United when he came home from Scotland first when there was still interest there in him. He was far too good for the LOI but I wonder will he ever settle in England to fulfil his potential there.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 3:01pm
He seems to be enjoying life now from what I've seen/read.

Still on Brighton's books who wouldn't be keeping him around if they didn't see something, certainly an upper level championship standard in him I'd imagine/hope.

Posted By: CillDara
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 7:16pm
Was convinced Towell would be an international one day when he was with Dundalk but not so sure anymore. Does seem to be doing well in League One and could end up playing Championship football next season if someone comes in for him, but there is a lot of competition for midfield places and as we've seen this year with Hourihane and Browne, even playing well in the championship every week doesn't guarantee you a place in the squad for that position.

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 6:28pm
Another motm today

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 6:51pm
Some ending to that game. Equaliser in the 93rd and the winner in the 102nd.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 1:32pm
Pun..........pun...........hold me back...........fook this...........

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: 1980
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 6:09pm
Settled in well at Rotherham, hope they take him on permanently.

Seen them once before already they’re a decent side

Posted By: NewtNewbie
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 4:49pm
Gets a goal as Rotherham go 0-3 up at Northampton.

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 3:48pm
Scores the opener today, will be playing Charlton or S****horpe in the play offs 

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 12 May 2018 at 12:55pm
Ritchie played a cracking ball for the Rotherham goal live on sky now.

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Posted By: johnvonp
Date Posted: 27 May 2018 at 11:01pm
Promoted today with Rotherham, hopes to be there with them in the Championship next season

Posted By: AbuAbu
Date Posted: 28 May 2018 at 3:32pm
Never convinced he could step up. Always thought his conditioning in LOI gave him a big advantage that he wouldn't have in England. LOI has improved in that regard in last 2/3 years as more clubs go back full time but when he was doing it here a lot were still part time.

-------------
It's not me it's you:-)

Posted By: davekoolhill
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 12:30pm

-------------
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DaveOGrady1" rel="nofollow - DaveOGrady1

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by davekoolhill davekoolhill wrote:

I think your post has been wiped clean Dave! 

Posted By: davekoolhill
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 12:54pm
Haha I tried to delete it, because I posted saying 'it will be interesting to see how he does against City today', but then I saw he is banned. So might watch the Preston game instead. 

-------------
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DaveOGrady1" rel="nofollow - DaveOGrady1

Posted By: NewtNewbie
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 1:13pm
Forde starts for Rotherham, so might still be worth a watch. From their Irish contingent only Burke makes the PNE starting line-up. Brown and Maguire are on the bench.

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 4:57pm
Signed for Salford City.. Backwards move but will be on a canny earner to drop 2 divisions

Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 5:22pm
Wow. 

I wonder how much they'll be paying him? 

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 5:58pm
That's the end of his Ireland career.

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by johnvonp johnvonp wrote:

Wow. 

The rules are much stricter in League 2, that is there are actually rules! It used to be 55%,  I think it might have gone up to 60%, in line with League 1. They can't be as cavalier as they were in non-league.

-------------

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 6:23pm
Salford fookin City.  What a joker.  No ambition.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Wow. 

The rules are much stricter in League 2, that is there are actually rules! It used to be 55%,  I think it might have gone up to 60%, in line with League 1. They can't be as cavalier as they were in non-league.

55/60% of what?

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 12:13am

Wow. 

55/60% of what?
Turnover.

-------------

Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 8:26am

Wow. 

55/60% of what?
Turnover.

Ways around that surely - didn't city count their owner money as revenue generated by putting it through Etihad? I doubt Towell would drop two divisions from where he was playing regularly if it wasn't a very generous offer 

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 9:52am
How did he do this season with Rotherham? He can't have had many offers in the Championship if he has moved to Salford. Must have been offered more with Salford than he would have earned in L1.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 10:05am
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Wow. 

55/60% of what?
Turnover.

Ways around that surely - didn't city count their owner money as revenue generated by putting it through Etihad? I doubt Towell would drop two divisions from where he was playing regularly if it wasn't a very generous offer 
Of course, look at the other non-league hobby clubs in the league like FGR and Fleetwood Town, but I don’t think he will be on the same as Rooney, for example. The accountant has to become more creative.

-------------

Posted By: Jimmy Raggatip
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 10:56am
he rejected 10k from Rotherham apparently...

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 11:18am
The social media figure for his wages at Salford is 8k, given that people love to exaggerate these things, f**k knows why, I would imagine it is less. 
In other words, there isn’t a f**king hope Rotherham offered him that.

Salford do look like they will be bending the rules as much as possible though.

-------------

Posted By: max
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 11:41am
Adam Rooney was on 5k a week last season for Salford. 

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 11:47am
Originally posted by max max wrote:

Adam Rooney was on 5k a week last season for Salford. 
You would think that would have been mentioned somewhere.

-------------

Posted By: The O'Shea
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 1:20pm
He was surely on 5-6K a week at Brighton, so I would imagine he's on 8-10K at Salford. If it's true that Rotherham offered him around the same but he chose to drop down another division anyway, it doesn't say much for his ambition. Didn't he say when he first moved to Brighton that he had other offers but "wouldn't play below Championship level"...

-------------
We're decent enough..

Posted By: doherty
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 2:16pm
Didnt adam rooney rubbish that 5 grand figure when it came out. Id say there was no chance rotherham offered him 10 grand. Not a hope in hell. They may well go up this season. You would think he would have got some offers but maybe not.

Posted By: Tribesman91
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 5:10pm
It was said on a BT Sports show a couple of weeks back that Rooney was on £4k. It seems easier to be promoted out of League 2 than to be promoted from the National League so my guess is Towell is on around £4-5k with a pay-rise if they get promoted. They're throwing crazy money around for a club of their size. I also heard they bought Rory Gaffney a gaff!

Posted By: kearney304
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 10:01am
Agree with the 1st part of your post. I think Salford will go straight up again. 

I don't know much about Richie but he seems like a flash f**ker in his social media accounts. Salford do have a good project going and will probably be in championship in 3 years. Would that be good for him? I'm not sure, he would be 30. He played loads this year so you would imagine a low end championship team would come in for him or top end L1. 

Strange move.

Posted By: ChesterCopperpot
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 10:56am
Is Adam Rooney still there?
Was only wondering as it'd be sweet to see them buy a few more Irish lads that could bring them up the leagues

Horgan
Boyle
Byrne
Clarke
Masterson

Maybe a few of the young lads like O'Connor, O'Hara etc on Loan

Ah a dream

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 12:06pm
Pretty sh*te dream bro.

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 1:07pm
I'm not very imaginative

Would be great to see an 'Irish' team moving up the leagues, would be good for the team support as would have a full stadium every game

That's it. If I win the Euro Millions Friday I'm taking over

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

I'm not very imaginative

Would be great to see an 'Irish' team moving up the leagues, would be good for the team support as would have a full stadium every game

There’s loads of them in Ireland.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 1:59pm
True, and I go as much as I can

But moving up the leagues in England would be a little different

Posted By: houghton88
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 2:08pm
On this move and that of Adam Rooney aswell. Would £4k - £5k a week be more than what a Championship team or Scottish PL team could offer??? 

-------------
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.

Posted By: doherty
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by houghton88 houghton88 wrote:

On this move and that of Adam Rooney aswell. Would £4k - £5k a week be more than what a Championship team or Scottish PL team could offer??? 

im sure it would depend on the team and the player. Towell may not have had any offers from the championship. celtic/rangers and maybe aberdeen would pay that for the right payer. celtic/rangers obvisouly. 

Posted By: Jimmy Raggatip
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 4:22pm

Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

I'm not very imaginative

There’s loads of them in Ireland.

LOL

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by houghton88 houghton88 wrote:

Do you mean Scottish Champoionship or English?

It is a lot more than most Scottish teams could afford, apart from the obvious, and if he is getting anything around 5k he will comfortably be the highest paid player in League 2.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net