Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=56001
Printed Date: 25 Apr 2024 at 10:07pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Graeme Souness
Posted By: Double Maxim
Subject: Graeme Souness
Date Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 5:23am

Plans by Graeme Souness to build thousands of houses on green belt land behind the EuroPark development near the M8 in Lanarkshire have suffered a blow as council chiefs issued a legal order protecting trees on the site.

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Replies:
Date Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 6:14am
There was always the rumours that GS would get done for the tax stuff at sevco?

-------------

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 6:20am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

He definitely had EBTs, in fact I believe they started under him. He really was a horrible **** though.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 6:26am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

He definitely had EBTs, in fact I believe they started under him. He really was a horrible **** though.

I aways remember when he got sent off on his debut v Hibs shocking tackle. He was a quality player but left the foot in too much the dirty fecker!

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 6:43am

I aways remember when he got sent off on his debut v Hibs shocking tackle. He was a quality player but left the foot in too much the dirty fecker!
He was the ultimate Hun to hate! A **** and good too!

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 26 Dec 2017 at 7:53am
http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/916767526?-276:790:0" rel="nofollow - Souness' best PL player of 2017?

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 7:01am

The sight of Alexis Sanchez coaxing his Arsenal team-mates  to help him celrbtate his goal v Palace was evidence enough of the division running through Arsene Wenger's side's dressing room.

That was the verdict of Sky Sports pundit Graeme Souness .

-------------

Posted By: heppies
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 10:17am

I doubt he will ever get done for it he has a good brief.

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 11:17am

On claims he was anti-Irish ;

On those anti-Irish claims: "Forget football. My wife's family are from Dublin, the family's name is Kelly on her mother's side, O'Loughlin on her father's. Some of you might know Dickie Rock he's a relation of my wife.

"I think if you look at my career in football as manager I've shown I'm not interested in creed or colour. I've signed Jewish players, black players, Catholic players when I was at Rangers and my kids are Catholic. Why would I be anti-anything? I'm not."

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

On those anti-Irish claims: "Forget football. My wife's family are from Dublin, the family's name is Kelly on her mother's side, O'Loughlin on her father's. Some of you might know Dickie Rock he's a relation of my wife.

"I think if you look at my career in football as manager I've shown I'm not interested in creed or colour. I've signed Jewish players, black players, Catholic players when I was at Rangers and my kids are Catholic. Why would I be anti-anything? I'm not."

And the relevance of this to him being a **** is what?

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 11:44am

I was referring to you calling him a horrible Hun, and you knew that.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 2:05pm

<div ="ctx_"="">

I was referring to you calling him a horrible Hun, and you knew that.

He is a horrible Hun and always will be, I have never, ever considered him anti-Irish.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 3:12pm
I think he's great and always will be.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 3:24pm

I think he's great and always will be.

He thinks so too!

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 5:01pm
Penis head called it right on Man city opening goal near post FFS.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 6:59pm

https://www.google.co.uk/url?url=https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/914332/Liverpool-Tottenham-news-Premier-League-Graeme-Souness&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjYreCs_JHZAhUDEVAKHT5dAYwQqQIIKzAD&usg=AOvVaw0G0dOdGtHUxwz97pNuFvej" rel="nofollow - Tottenham have a better team than Liverpool - Graeme Souness

-------------

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 7:42pm

[URL= https://www.google.co.uk/url?url=https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/914332/Liverpool-Tottenham-news-Premier-League-Graeme-Souness&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjYreCs_JHZAhUDEVAKHT5dAYwQqQIIKzAD&usg=AOvVaw0G0dOdGtHUxwz97pNuFvej%5d" rel="nofollow - https://www.google.co.uk/url?url=https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/914332/Liverpool-Tottenham-news-Premier-League-Graeme-Souness&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjYreCs_JHZAhUDEVAKHT5dAYwQqQIIKzAD&usg=AOvVaw0G0dOdGtHUxwz97pNuFvej] <FONT color=#1a0dab>Tottenham have a better team than Liverpool - Graeme Souness[/COLOR][/URL]

Not exactly a ground breaking opinion.

Both of the teams are his former sides.

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

[URL= https://www.google.co.uk/url?url=https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/914332/Liverpool-Tottenham-news-Premier-League-Graeme-Souness&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjYreCs_JHZAhUDEVAKHT5dAYwQqQIIKzAD&usg=AOvVaw0G0dOdGtHUxwz97pNuFvej%5d" rel="nofollow - https://www.google.co.uk/url?url=https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/914332/Liverpool-Tottenham-news-Premier-League-Graeme-Souness&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjYreCs_JHZAhUDEVAKHT5dAYwQqQIIKzAD&usg=AOvVaw0G0dOdGtHUxwz97pNuFvej] <FONT color=#1a0dab>Tottenham have a better team than Liverpool - Graeme Souness[/COLOR][/URL]

Not exactly a ground breaking opinion.

Both of the teams are his former sides.

Some might say.

Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 7:29am

Souness banging on about how it will be good for Scottish football if sevco beat Celtic on Sunday.

Feckin hypocrite I suppose it was 'good' for Scottish football when Rangers under his management spent a fortune and weren't paying taxes to 'achieve' nine in a row!

Disapprove 

I wonder how much GS made from the EBT's?

-------------

Posted By: HuntysCousin
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 11:00am
Is he wrong? Surely a more competitive title race is a good thing Ermm

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 11:01am
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Is he wrong? Surely a more competitive title race is a good thing Ermm

Yea but he was thinking of that when they were going for nine in a row.
Embarrassed

-------------

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 11:12am
Souness isn't being biased at all there with that viewpoint!

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 12:05pm
Souness spot on in this case. The competitive edge of not having a proper title race has been almost a burden to Celtic in recent years.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: HuntysCousin
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Whether he is biased or a hypocrite doesn't actually change the fact that what he said is right. Having a competitive title race is a good thing.

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 1:47pm

Whether he is biased or a hypocrite doesn't actually change the fact that what he said is right. Having a competitive title race is a good thing.

True, but perhaps the reason there hasn't been competitive title races in Scotland for a number of years might well be traced back to the Rangers revolution of the 1980's. Wonder who was in charge at Ibrox then ?

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

True, but perhaps the reason there hasn't been competitive title races in Scotland for a number of years might well be traced back to the Rangers revolution of the 1980's. Wonder who was in charge at Ibrox then ?
My point in a nutshell.

-------------

Posted By: manchesterbhoy
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 2:25pm

Souness banging on about how it will be good for Scottish football if sevco beat Celtic on Sunday.

Feckin hypocrite I suppose it was 'good' for Scottish football when Rangers under his management spent a fortune and weren't paying taxes to 'achieve' nine in a row!

Disapprove 

I wonder how much GS made from the EBT's?

didnt the beast take at least 1 ebt when at newcastle or blackburn and the cardigan weighed in too ?

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 9:18am
I never knew that he started his career at Spurs. Still a ****.

-------------

Posted By: George Zip
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 9:29am
https://youtu.be/ygVgxYa3mlo" rel="nofollow - https://youtu.be/ygVgxYa3mlo

The mark of the beast indeed.

-------------
"Tell them to get out there and give it all they got and win just one for the Zipper. I don't know where I'll be then, Doc," he said, "but I won't smell too good, that's for sure."

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 9:47am
Bertie Auld says Graeme Souness was talking nonsense by claiming a win for Rangers on Sunday would be good for Scottish football.

Auld feels that Souness was just jealous of Celtic's success with his comments and insists his old club will do their talking on the pitch.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 6:57am
GS calling it right saying "Lack of football and Imagination the reason for Man U CL exit."          

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 7:33am

Ex Rangers player Derek Ferguson saying sevco should ditch Murty and get Souness and Walter Smith in as a double act.
Confused 

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 2:37pm
Rumors is Glasgow that Souness is looking to invest in sevco.

-------------

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 2:46pm

Rumors is Glasgow that Souness is looking to invest in sevco.

I wouldn't imagine that he would have the sort of wedge to make a notable difference unless he was looking to front a consortium

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 15 May 2018 at 6:12pm

Souness has apologised to the Sky Sports production staff after storming off set after being told to hurry up during an ads break.

-------------

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 15 May 2018 at 6:21pm

Souness has apologised to the Sky Sports production staff after storming off set after being told to hurry up during an ads break.

Be no poss if Sky told Souness to f**k off for good.

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 15 May 2018 at 7:02pm

Ex Rangers player Derek Ferguson saying sevco should ditch Murty and get Souness and Walter Smith in as a double act.
Confused 

I know they are in a low place but this is no time for comedy

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 15 May 2018 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Confused 

I know they are in a low place but this is no time for comedy
It is beyond comedy at this stage!

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 6:21am
https://www.google.co.uk/url?url=https://www.football365.com/news/mccarthy-delivers-brilliant-response-to-souness-dig-at-jose&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjF3q7zlcneAhUrJ8AKHWIUBOAQqQIIGTAB&usg=AOvVaw3GJj4NcP5wUB58La5PxKMe" rel="nofollow - McCarthy delivers brilliant response to Souness' dig at Jose

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 7:12pm
Souness is a guest on Super Sunday  on sky tv this Sunday alongside Roy Keane.!

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 7:15pm
I wonder are ITV letting him go after his summer dig at England getting excited by being in a WC semi final.

Let me see.  I wonder will he be fairly muted this sunday before the game and then sl*g off United's players after the match if they lose?  Keane and Souness gang up on Pogba shocker!

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 7:26am
https://www.google.co.uk/url?url=https://www.givemesport.com/1449964-graeme-souness-interrupts-alex-scott-on-sky-sports-and-is-criticised-on-social-media&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjLu56mxqHgAhV2ThUIHWMdB50QqQIIGTAA&usg=AOvVaw1dzyHV_rDO3tp1AANdg7Xn" rel="nofollow - Graeme Souness is criticised after awkward moment with Alex Scott live on Sky Sports

-------------

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 7:37am
Is that it? He asked her a question to explain a term she was using. Similar to an incident with her and Paul Ince on final score where people were raging at ince on social media recently, it’s much ado about nothing really. 
Basically because she’s a woman no one can question her or disagree with any points she’s making?

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 7:47am
Genuine question, because i genuinely don't know, does she know her stuff? 

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 8:08am

Is that it? He asked her a question to explain a term she was using. Similar to an incident with her and Paul Ince on final score where people were raging at ince on social media recently, it’s much ado about nothing really. 
Basically because she’s a woman no one can question her or disagree with any points she’s making?

That's social media for you!

-------------

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 8:20am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I think she’s quite good Thumbs Up

Posted By: Hans Moleman
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 8:21am

Ya, she's a good analyst of what I've seen of her. Seems to do her homework on teams beforehand and be well informed which I'm guessing is more than most other analysts do on Sky. Also, she's speaks very naturally and has an easy tone, much unlike some lads like Redknapp for example.

I wouldn't be worried about Sounness tone in such an instance. Sounness is like that with everyone, and for me the worst thing ever is to watch pundits hugging it out and agreeing about everything. I would worry that Sounness doesn't know of terminology like low block though. Even if analysts don't want to use that exact phrase, coaches are using them non stop so they should be aware of what means what. Low block, transition, high block etc. there's no point dismissing such commonly used terms when you're being paid to know your stuff

As for the actual cause of the outrage, people just wanting to be offended by a man questioning a woman, anyone thinking that should be mortified. Or watch back the world cup with Patrice Evra and Sone Eluko. Now that was disgraceful carry on.

-------------
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 8:28am

That's social media for you!

Pretty much

Related image

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 8:30am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Ya, she's a good analyst of what I've seen of her. Seems to do her homework on teams beforehand and be well informed which I'm guessing is more than most other analysts do on Sky. Also, she's speaks very naturally and has an easy tone, much unlike some lads like Redknapp for example.

I wouldn't be worried about Sounness tone in such an instance. Sounness is like that with everyone, and for me the worst thing ever is to watch pundits hugging it out and agreeing about everything. I would worry that Sounness doesn't know of terminology like low block though. Even if analysts don't want to use that exact phrase, coaches are using them non stop so they should be aware of what means what. Low block, transition, high block etc. there's no point dismissing such commonly used terms when you're being paid to know your stuff

As for the actual cause of the outrage, people just wanting to be offended by a man questioning a woman, anyone thinking that should be mortified. Or watch back the world cup with Patrice Evra and Sone Eluko. Now that was disgraceful carry on.

probably the reason why he hasn't managed since 2006

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 8:35am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

He was one of my favourite Newcastle managers.

Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 9:04am

Big smile

tbf to him following Bobby was always going to be tough, He did make some questionable signings though Boumsong and Luque for example and then injuries kind of derailed him, plus falling out with a bunch of players too. Did make it to a European QF and FA Cup Semi final something Newcastle could only dream of atm. Also ifirc he had a 100% record against Sunderland Wink

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 9:58am

Big smile

tbf to him following Bobby was always going to be tough, He did make some questionable signings though Boumsong and Luque for example and then injuries kind of derailed him, plus falling out with a bunch of players too. Did make it to a European QF and FA Cup Semi final something Newcastle could only dream of atm. Also ifirc he had a 100% record against Sunderland Wink
Was that two games against moneyless Sunderland?

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 10:16am

Big smile

Was that two games against moneyless Sunderland?

He only had one LOL

https://www.premierleague.com/video/single/880634

Two cracking Sunderland goals and then Emre with a cracker of a free kick to win it

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 10:46am
Yea was at that game two excellent goals from Stephen Elliott and Liam Lawrence. The Newcastle fans I know can't stand GS.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 10:59am

Yea was at that game two excellent goals from Stephen Elliott and Liam Lawrence. The Newcastle fans I know can't stand GS.

Oh he definitely done more harm then good. But there is no denying that injuries to key players(most notably Owen) really cost him plus the falling out with Bellamy during his first season left only Ameobi as our main striker as both Shearer and Kluivert struggled with injuries.

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 11:20am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

I think she’s quite good Thumbs Up
+1

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 11:25am
Footage of the incident can be seen here:

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 6:59pm
GS said  Chelsea would nick the game v city today!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net