Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 6:46pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Will the cost of drink put you off going to Bilbao
Posted By: Trap junior
Subject: Will the cost of drink put you off going to Bilbao
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 7:04pm
any thoughts?

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Replies:
Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 7:08pm
Your not well man

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Posted By: gmfc90
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 7:25pm
Yeah two quid beers are extortionate

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Posted By: Gigibongi33
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 7:41pm
What's the pick pocket situation like?

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by Gigibongi33 Gigibongi33 wrote:

What's the pick pocket situation like?

That's phase 2, you've missed phase 1 which is the tickets LOL

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 7:49pm
The current turmoil between the Spanish government and the Catalan state has me putting an x through Bilbao

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: armahibee
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 7:57pm
Likelihood of not getting a ticket would be my main concern

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 8:09pm
As mentioned above, pickpockets. And places not accepting the Revolut card.

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 8:27pm
We will have no bother there.....as Trump will have announced it as the new capital of Spain

Posted By: Gigibongi33
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 8:29pm
Will the Revolut card work on the portal?

Posted By: whitesideOnside
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 10:01pm
If there's lads kicking footballs off the Guggenheim, God only knows what direction they'll go. How could you possibly relax with a beer in hand.
I for one won't be going.

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by whitesideOnside whitesideOnside wrote:

If there's lads kicking footballs off the Guggenheim, God only knows what direction they'll go. How could you possibly relax with a beer in hand.

Police over there don't mess around. Wouldn't tolerate that carry on at all.

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

It could be one of those rare occasions where I find myself siding with the police.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 10:23pm

But we're the best fans in the world mate, and we are great craic. Surely someone should inform the police of this, so we can indulge in our given right to kick a ball around the square. 

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

It could be one of those rare occasions where I find myself supporting with the police.

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 10:46pm

Is the correct answer. TBH there's probably a minority who could do with getting a few slaps off the policia

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: Healy52003
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 10:48pm
we might not even qualify 

imagine what Spain could do to us 

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 10:55pm
Nobody has mentioned isis or even Eta, like f**k am i going there

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Is the correct answer. TBH there's probably a minority who could do with getting a few slaps off the policia

Not the Spanish police. It's the Ertzaintza you've to look out for. They're the Basque police. Absolute headbangers

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Posted By: UCDFAN
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 2:25am
What's the best dormitory town? Biarritz, Donastia or Vitoria.  Hondarrabia is fine though, it's the only place I've been in that area.

John Delaney didn't mention 'Celtic Cousins' nor 'Iberno-Hibernians' but it's still a great quote.
http://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/euro-2020-dublin-paired-with-bilbao" rel="nofollow - http://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/euro-2020-dublin-paired-with-bilbao
FAI CEO John Delaney said: "I would like to welcome the decision by UEFA that Dublin has been paired with the great city of Bilbao for UEFA EURO 2020.

"Today's host city pairings marks an exciting chapter in the build-up to the European Championships, which will see Dublin and Ireland hosting the biggest ever sporting event to take place in our country.

Shinner sprays his shorts

Welcoming the news, Lord Mayor of Dublin, Ardmheara Michael McDonncha, said: "On behalf of the citizens of Dublin, I'm delighted by UEFA's decision to pair Dublin with Bilbao for EURO 2020.  "These two great cities will have an opportunity to work together to play a major role in this unique pan-European sporting event. As a host city, Dublin will be able to showcase itself to the world and will provide visitors with a festival of football in June 2020." 

-------------
www.ucdsupporters.ie

Posted By: gspain
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 7:43am
Originally posted by UCDFAN UCDFAN wrote:

What's the best dormitory town? Biarritz, Donastia or Vitoria.  Hondarrabia is fine though, it's the only place I've been in that area.

John Delaney didn't mention 'Celtic Cousins' nor 'Iberno-Hibernians' but it's still a great quote.
http://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/euro-2020-dublin-paired-with-bilbao" rel="nofollow - http://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/euro-2020-dublin-paired-with-bilbao
FAI CEO John Delaney said: "I would like to welcome the decision by UEFA that Dublin has been paired with the great city of Bilbao for UEFA EURO 2020.

"Today's host city pairings marks an exciting chapter in the build-up to the European Championships, which will see Dublin and Ireland hosting the biggest ever sporting event to take place in our country.

Welcoming the news, Lord Mayor of Dublin, Ardmheara Michael McDonncha, said: "On behalf of the citizens of Dublin, I'm delighted by UEFA's decision to pair Dublin with Bilbao for EURO 2020.  "These two great cities will have an opportunity to work together to play a major role in this unique pan-European sporting event. As a host city, Dublin will be able to showcase itself to the world and will provide visitors with a festival of football in June 2020." 

Limerick played in Amorebieta-Etxano  (Spanish call it Amorebieta-Echano  )  in 2013 pleasant town of approx 20,000.  It is approx 30 minutes from Bilbao from what I can remember.  Bilbao is the best place to stay in my book.  Of course we may not qualify and we may yet have the Spain game in Dublin if we do.

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 8:37am
Originally posted by UCDFAN UCDFAN wrote:

<span style="font-size: small;">John Delaney didn't mention 'Celtic Cousins' nor 'Iberno-Hibernians' but it's still a great quote.</span>
<span style="font-size: small; color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: " Sans", Arial, sans-serif;">FAI CEO John Delaney said: "I would like to welcome the decision by UEFA that Dublin has been paired with the great city of Bilbao for UEFA EURO 2020.</span>
<p style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0em 0px 1.375em; padding-top: 0em; padding-bottom: 0em; color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: " Sans", Arial, sans-serif;">"Today's host city pairings marks an exciting chapter in the build-up to the European Championships, which will see Dublin and Ireland hosting the biggest ever sporting event to take place in our country.

<p style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0em 0px 1.375em; padding-top: 0em; padding-bottom: 0em; color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: " Sans", Arial, sans-serif;">Welcoming the news, Lord Mayor of Dublin, Ardmheara Michael McDonncha, said: "On behalf of the citizens of Dublin, I'm delighted by UEFA's decision to pair Dublin with Bilbao for EURO 2020.  "These two great cities will have an opportunity to work together to play a major role in this unique pan-European sporting event. As a host city, Dublin will be able to showcase itself to the world and will provide visitors with a festival of football in June 2020."<span style="font-size: 16px;"> </span>

Bilbao sprawls. Lots of towns connected by a very good metro

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Posted By: Fanny MaGee
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 9:05am
Was there with the mrs for a long weekend in June 2015. No issues with pickpockets, food and drink were reasonable, loads to see and do. It was also absolutely boiling hot, way into the 30's every day. Any anti-social behaviour will get you a hiding for the ages, which I'm all for if the gimps that showed up in Copenhagen show up here.

-------------
Ask MaGee

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Fanny MaGee Fanny MaGee wrote:

Was there with the mrs for a long weekend in June 2015. No issues with pickpockets, food and drink were reasonable, loads to see and do. It was also absolutely boiling hot, way into the 30's every day. Any anti-social behaviour will get you a hiding for the ages, which I'm all for if the gimps that showed up in Copenhagen show up here.

That summer was a once in a generation thing to be honest. Usuaullly low 20s

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Posted By: JAVIER
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 3:35pm
PAMPLONA  SUBURBS  

GOOD FOOD ...  THE BIG BONITO FISH IS A GREAT MEAL...PEOPLE AMICABLE IF YOU SAY YOU ARE HALF  ARGIE...OR AT LEAST U HATE ENGLAND

THE TRAIN OR BUS IS CHEAP TO BILBAO ....

Posted By: Lostandfound
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 3:40pm
Will someone on here book my flights and accommodation? 

My mammy is on holidays. 

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by JAVIER JAVIER wrote:

PAMPLONA  SUBURBS  

GOOD FOOD ...  THE BIG BONITO FISH IS A GREAT MEAL...PEOPLE AMICABLE IF YOU SAY YOU ARE HALF  ARGIE...OR AT LEAST U HATE ENGLAND

THE TRAIN OR BUS IS CHEAP TO BILBAO ....

OR IF YOU SHOUT NONSENSE.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 4:31pm

All that has changed .
Probably the worst city in the world now for pickpockets and drink is hugely expensive.

Add in to the equation ETA and ISIS will likely join forces to kill us ,there isnt a hope in hell anyone should travel over there.

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

All that has changed .
Probably the worst city in the world now for pickpockets and drink is hugely expensive.

Add in to the equation ETA and ISIS will likely join forces to kill us ,there isnt a hope in hell anyone should travel over there.

That would be the venue for our other 2 games if we qualify.  this is the Bilbao thread.  Big smile

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 5:23pm
Lived in Bilbao for a few years. Moved home a year ago. Flights directly to Bilbao are expensive. Accommodation is cheap. Drink and food is cheap. Pickpocketing is no issue. Crime is low. Basque police are mad. Guardia Civil are not to be messed with. City is linked to the various towns in the area by a fantastic metro system. Buses are cheap too. Ryanair fly into Santander. Two hour bus ride. Basques are headbangers to be truthful.

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 8:56pm
Bit different to the Irish then, as we are noted for our sanity.

-------------

Posted By: newrynyuk
Date Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Actually now that I think about it, if Ireland were to play Spain in Bilbao it's not likely that the locals will be particularly predisposed to supporting Spain, is it?  Chances are the Basques will cheer on Ireland?

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Actually now that I think about it, if Ireland were to play Spain in Bilbao it's not likely that the locals will be particularly predisposed to supporting Spain, is it?  Chances are the Basques will cheer on Ireland?

Bilbao is very split. Middle to Upper are Spanish from the Basque Country. Working class are Basque. Chances are the Basques won't show up

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Sounds like Glasgow 2014 all over again LOL

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: Reildogg
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 10:42am

Their lack of tolerance would only relate to hoofing a ball around. Short passing in the street would be fully acceptable.

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 7:38pm
Down by the stadium today, bar 200m away doing €2 pints Thumbs Up

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

thinking of heading there next year for a long weekend Nvidic - interested in recommendations

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 8:37pm

Lived there for three years. Best vars are tge ones that fit around five people. Ridiculously cheap in some of them

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 8:51pm

Hmm...wonder if they'll still be doing them for €2 when the Euros are on...

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Yes. Guaranteed. Basques aren't swayed by stuff like that. My old local was 1:50 a beer.

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

thinking of heading there next year for a long weekend Nvidic - interested in recommendations

Spend at least a full day in San Sebastián. It’s only up the road and it’s class

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Spend at least a full day in San Sebastián. It’s only up the road and it’s class

Nicest city in Spain after Bilbao! The pintxos are unreal

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 9:34pm

Yes. Guaranteed. Basques aren't swayed by stuff like that. My old local was 1:50 a beer.

Locals not taking advantage of a major event???

Nah, that's great to hear all the same - we have to make it to the tournament, first mind you, but still...

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 9:38pm

Nah, that's great to hear all the same - we have to make it to the tournament, first mind you, but still...

Not particularly. Locals aren't overly enamored with the idea of the Spanish national team playing in San Mames. Was there for the 2014 WC when they were thumped by the Dutch. Set off fireworks and bangers with every Dutch goal

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 9:46pm

Not particularly. Locals aren't overly enamored with the idea of the Spanish national team playing in San Mames. Was there for the 2014 WC when they were thumped by the Dutch. Set off fireworks and bangers with every Dutch goal

Brilliant! Thing it's fair to say those Basques don't like the Spaniards.

I was actually thinking more like - it's a wonder they won't be jacking their prices up just because there's going to be a major tournament on regardless of who's playing, whether Spain or not. Still, it'll make a refreshing change (if we make it) to go to a tournament and not be treated like a cash cow.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 9:48pm

I was actually thinking more like - it's a wonder they won't be jacking their prices up just because there's going to be a major tournament on regardless of who's playing, whether Spain or not. Still, it'll make a refreshing change (if we make it) to go to a tournament and not be treated like a cash cow.

Hotels will be extortionate because there's an incredible lack of them. Better off staying in an airbnb way out of town but on the metro. Be grand

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 9:51pm

Hotels will be extortionate because there's an incredible lack of them. Better off staying in an airbnb way out of town but on the metro. Be grand

Damn, I knew it was too good to last.

-------------

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 10:17pm

Or in San Sebastian and getting buses in & out.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 10:29pm

Headed onto San Sebastian now, will post a few places when I'm back but id say others are better placed 

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 12:17pm

When we (Limerick) played there a few years ago any of the locals I spoke with said Spain would be very welcome to play in the San Mames

AWAY games v Euskadi that is.  

Posted By: forza trapp
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 1:23pm
San Sebastián is a great spot, headed there for a few days after the Bordeaux game in the Euros. Walked into a bar first night wearing Ireland top and the barman shouts “el zorro” and points to a photo of Aldridge on the wall. He was a legend there. Lovely small city.

Posted By: BohsinMunich
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 1:53pm
Heading to the Basque country for about 2 weeks on Friday.
Will remember to pack an Irish jersey for the bars of San Seb :->

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

Heading to the Basque country for about 2 weeks on Friday.
Will remember to pack an Irish jersey for the bars of San Seb :->

Basques love the Irish. Aldridge helps but a certain mutual belief in a....."struggle" helps. Should we qualify it will be some craic. Make sure to go to the aquarium in San Sebastian/Donostia. It's class.

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 3:37pm
That explains there Irish jerseys I've seen about the place, they do seem to love us up here

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 1:42pm
Did the stadium tour today, lovely stadium, possibly best modern stadium I've been in, albeit it wasn't for a game, massive open area in front, not sure if it's blocked off for games but great places for cans if not.

The museum is top class if anyone is ever there, well worth a visit. 

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 1:54pm
NV
Did you see any news of home matches in the next 2 weeks ?

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 2:02pm
They appear to be playing Sociedad at home in a friendly on the fourth of August.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 2:11pm

Did the stadium tour today, lovely stadium, possibly best modern stadium I've been in, albeit it wasn't for a game, massive open area in front, not sure if it's blocked off for games but great places for cans if not.

The museum is top class if anyone is ever there, well worth a visit. 

Keep it open. Stall and stuff are there for the games

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 2:25pm

They appear to be playing Sociedad at home in a friendly on the fourth of August.

PM
Thanks.. a nice derby of a friendly

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 2:32pm

PM

Friendly enough rivalry. Get your ticket at a Kutxabank ATM machine or online

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 2:41pm

PM

That'll be a great one to be at, great pic of them you see in some bars walking out together in the 70s holding a basque flag 

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 6:35pm

PM
I didn't put too much effort in! I simply typed 'Athletic Bilbao pre-season fixtures' into the Google search engine.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 12:16pm

Was there the day so wouldn't have seen everything but I liked the following

* http://www.freetoursbilbao.com/" rel="nofollow - 9.30am walking tour  - not the best I've ever done but gives a good grounding to the city, where is good etc

*Athletic Bilbao Museum, I could have spent two hours there, really well put together, very interesting. There's is a room with loads of interactive screens which you can play their greatest goals on, all excellent.

*Cafe Bar Bilbao - this is on a square with some very good Pinxto bars, it was my favourite one but plenty others nearby. Cafe Iruna was also very good. We spent a lot of time wandering and having beers and Pinxtos in random places, can't go wrong.

*Guggenheim, I didn't get a chance to go in but magnificent from the outside, best viewed from across the bridge and some great sculptures outside

*Funicular - brings you up to a great viewing point, little else up there mind but worth it for the view alone.

San Sebastian

Worth going up as only an hour away but was a bit disappointed, didn't think the food nor drink was as good as Bilbao and things closed earlier but the beaches are magnificent, best city beaches I've been on. 

There's a Mercure hotel at the top of the hill overlooking the city with amazing views, you can get a funicular up.

The local beer is called Keler, it's 6.5% which we only realised after a few - watch yourself!

Great part of the world and already hoping to go back.

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 12:21pm

Was there the day so wouldn't have seen everything but I liked the following

* http://www.freetoursbilbao.com/" rel="nofollow - 9.30am walking tour  - not the best I've ever done but gives a good grounding to the city, where is good etc

*Athletic Bilbao Museum, I could have spent two hours there, really well put together, very interesting. There's is a room with loads of interactive screens which you can play their greatest goals on, all excellent.

*Cafe Bar Bilbao - this is on a square with some very good Pinxto bars, it was my favourite one but plenty others nearby. Cafe Iruna was also very good. We spent a lot of time wandering and having beers and Pinxtos in random places, can't go wrong.

*Guggenheim, I didn't get a chance to go in but magnificent from the outside, best viewed from across the bridge and some great sculptures outside

*Funicular - brings you up to a great viewing point, little else up there mind but worth it for the view alone.

San Sebastian

Worth going up as only an hour away but was a bit disappointed, didn't think the food nor drink was as good as Bilbao and things closed earlier but the beaches are magnificent, best city beaches I've been on. 

There's a Mercure hotel at the top of the hill overlooking the city with amazing views, you can get a funicular up.

The local beer is called Keler, it's 6.5% which we only realised after a few - watch yourself!

Great part of the world and already hoping to go back.

Thumbs Up

-------------
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 3:23pm
What was pickpocketing situation like?

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

What was pickpocketing situation like?

Moderate, best to be careful out there, better safe than sorry

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 5:08pm
Will the possibility of being trampled down and killed by a stray bull from Pamplona (not far away) put you off going to Bilbao?

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 9:42pm
Locals hard to get a smile out of. 
In plentzia North of bilbao. Very few non spanish .Lovely beach. 

2 glasses of rioja  2.70.
Beer 2e for .3.

Date Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 11:41pm

Beer 2e for .3.
If you think they are Spanish then it might explain the lack of smiles!

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 6:56am

Beer 2e for .3.

They are lovely people but don't really show emotion. They're not big on smiling

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 9:46pm

Beer 2e for .3.

They are lovely people but don't really show emotion. They're not big on smiling

gmfc90 headed to Bilbao for a few days next may anything further recommendations  ?

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 9:59pm

Beer 2e for .3.

gmfc90 headed to Bilbao for a few days next may anything further recommendations  ?

The old town Casco Viejo has some cracking bars. Nice narrow streets. The square Plaza Nueva is great for a few beers. Berton on Calle Jardines in Casco has some unreal ones. The Guggenheim is good if you're into daft modern art. Athletic recently opened their museum and it's decent. Well worth it. They've a cool cafe in the stadium that looks out onto the pitch. For food there's no shortage. Never had a bad meal. Cheap too. There's a roundabout of sorts in Indautxu. There's a hipster craft beer place called Penguin. Great beer and good sambos. Irish bar is nearby too. There's a funicular that brings you uo a place called Atxanda. Nice view of the city. If churches are your thing there's a Basilica in Begoña that Athletic go to at the start of every season to be blessed. Best bet for drinks are around Indautxu, Casco Viejo and the often dodgy San Francisco. The metro is handy enough.

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 10:19pm

Beer 2e for .3.

The old town Casco Viejo has some cracking bars. Nice narrow streets. The square Plaza Nueva is great for a few beers. Berton on Calle Jardines in Casco has some unreal ones. The Guggenheim is good if you're into daft modern art. Athletic recently opened their museum and it's decent. Well worth it. They've a cool cafe in the stadium that looks out onto the pitch. For food there's no shortage. Never had a bad meal. Cheap too. There's a roundabout of sorts in Indautxu. There's a hipster craft beer place called Penguin. Great beer and good sambos. Irish bar is nearby too. There's a funicular that brings you uo a place called Atxanda. Nice view of the city. If churches are your thing there's a Basilica in Begoña that Athletic go to at the start of every season to be blessed. Best bet for drinks are around Indautxu, Casco Viejo and the often dodgy San Francisco. The metro is handy enough.

Thumbs Up

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net