Category: International
Forum Name: Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
Forum Description: Qatar n' all in anyways
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=55862
Printed Date: 01 May 2024 at 3:11pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Trouble in Block D2 last night.
Posted By: Fanny MaGee
Subject: Trouble in Block D2 last night.
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 10:16am
About 2 minutes into the game 2 scumbags pushed a fella down 3 rows last night and he took about 3 people with him. They just did it out if the blue apparently. Miracle no-one was badly hurt. It looked like punches were going to be thrown when the guy got back up to confront them but everyone around defused it. Anyone else see it? Would've been in row 18.

-------------
Ask MaGee

Replies:
Posted By: LenBrennan
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 12:17pm
I was beside the guy that was "pushed". Didnt see it as we were watching the game but he had to of been pushed. It wasnt a nudge or a hand on the shoulder. He was a big guy and he went absolutely flying 3 rows down. Rightly he was fuming and we were lucky we calmed him down. He was on a warpath. There was only 2 rows behind us so it wasnt a wave of lads, it had to have been the 2 smart c#nts behind us who found this the funniest thing on the planet and kept winding him up during the game asking did he see who done it. That kind of stuff is bollix at any match. As is the lads that threw the full pints in air at full time. There was nearly another riot over this. Problem is the throwers run off and hide while 2 innocent end up having a scream match together. Mindless idiots. Craic is craic but leave that sh*te at home.

Posted By: Fintan
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by Fanny MaGee Fanny MaGee wrote:

About 2 minutes into the game 2 scumbags pushed a fella down 3 rows last night and he took about 3 people with him. They just did it out if the blue apparently. Miracle no-one was badly hurt. It looked like punches were going to be thrown when the guy got back up to confront them but everyone around defused it. Anyone else see it? Would've been in row 18.

Well ppl were told to stay out of the home end......

Posted By: Reildogg
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Fintan Fintan wrote:

Originally posted by Fanny MaGee Fanny MaGee wrote:

Well ppl were told to stay out of the home end......

D2 is the away end doe..

Posted By: Butch
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 3:40pm
Lads were fighting amongst themselves . Unreal amount of clowns away on this trip . One lad at the bar next to the stadium ordered a pint and a shot . He sinks the shot and f**ks the empty shot glass over his shoulder and hits the lad beside in the face . There was nearly gonna be a riot .

Posted By: manchesterbhoy
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 3:45pm
any word on what happened in the irish rover, remains closed today

D2 was way over crowded last night, no surprise punches thrown 

plenty gobsh*tes around this trip 

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 7:46pm
Heard it got a bit lairy in there ,I think we can go 2 hours without a pint ,some young lad was hammered at the end and tried to rob my flag ,his picture was posted online today, speaking of pints ,fair play to the lads who gave us all the free vouchers in the Carlsberg brewery today ,the pale ale was beautiful and the 6 pints tasted even better as they were free,great to catch up with some old ybig heads too.

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Posted By: DeiseDavy
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

any word on what happened in the irish rover, remains closed today<span ="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre">     </span>

D2 was way over crowded last night, no surprise punches thrown 

plenty gobsh*tes around this trip <span ="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre">     </span>

I was in there Friday night not long after arriving. There was a group of 7/8 who were only there to cause trouble. I didn't see it properly but two lads were laid out with sneaky digs from behind. I don't know what led up to the incidents but the two boys didn't seem to be angels themselves. The owner tried to help one of the lads but only got a volley of abuse and had his face smeared with blood. It was absolutely disgraceful. I only seen one bouncer and he didn't want to get involved by the looks of it. The owner was trying to throw lads out single handedly.

Posted By: eireland
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 8:04pm
Where was the picture posted? Got a link?

Also the 2 clowns who pushed the guy over. Can you remember anything they said in particular?

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 8:19pm
It was on the mirror website,

I’ll try to post a picture later ,WiFi on the Austrian airlines plane is not the best .

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Posted By: cliffrichard
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 8:48pm
Irish River got dog rough on Friday evening. Some amount of lads whose jaws were doing laps of their face.

We went up the road to the Dubliner for the Sweden Italy game and it was hopping. Great band before and after the Sweden game.

Only bit of hassle was when some dick of a Danish lad kicked a tray of pints out of some Irish old lads hands. he was fairly told where to go.

Posted By: Fanny MaGee
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 8:05am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Where was the picture posted? Got a link?

Also the 2 clowns who pushed the guy over. Can you remember anything they said in particular?

Didn't hear a word being said, I asked the lad beside me what it was all about and he said "they just launched him for nothing". I'm no grass but I should've took a picture of them to get them named and shamed but if they had've seen me doing it....

-------------
Ask MaGee

Posted By: gufct
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 9:43am

To be honest the problem is not alcohol its the lads that are coked out of their brains on trips now. Lads trying to start a row with everyone in Kennedys on Friday =night were off their faces.

-------------
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.

Posted By: wicklowrunner
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 10:14am
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

To be honest the problem is not alcohol its the lads that are coked out of their brains on trips now. Lads trying to start a row with everyone in Kennedys on Friday =night were off their faces.

Thought it was areally messy trip.. Lads spilling beer on seats, then standing and slipping off...surprised there were no injuries...
Young lads pissing in the sink of the ladies at Half Time.
Couple of women asked them to leave and got verbals... I got the smame when I asked them to leave too....
Games too close to home attract the Numpties...Roll on the Eastern European Trips!!!!

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 10:21am
Didn't see any trouble at all the whole trip, but wasn't in any of the really packed Irish bars throughout. Went up to the ground early on match day and drank in a bar right next to the ground with loads of Irish and Danish fans and it was great craic.

I was in Section A9 for the game and no hassle at all, didn't see too many messy fans.

Thought the atmosphere was really disappointing from us during the game though. Especially after Wales which was one of the best ones

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Posted By: greenlad
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 10:25am
Yip, was a messy trip alright. only arrived about midnight on friday and went in to the dubliner for a beer, lads dancing on tables with tops off, was like a full blown rave so left and went round to irish rover, the place was a mess, floors were flooded with spillage, was a few eejits there looking trouble imo. i was in A9 and as said before lads sleeping in the first half, didnt know who was on the starting 11, pissing where they stood.
Now i like a few beers and i said to myself before i went that i wouldnt be getting hammered coz i wanted to savour the game and by god im glad i did coz like i say there was sh*t waiting to happen.
Did anyone hear why the irish rover was closed, was yapping to the lad behind the bar on fri night/sat morn (5am we were still being served) and he was saying the craic was great.

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 10:28am
Lads coked up and looking to fight. Sounds like they've been watching too many McGregor videos

Posted By: kearney304
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 11:07am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Lads coked up and looking to fight. Sounds like they've been watching too many McGregor videos

Beyond true - the world we live in. Says it all when this "hero" is a f**king coke head

Posted By: ProudAndLoud
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 12:24pm
I'm a long time supporting Ireland and have to say I was disappointed to see what I did on Friday. Train trip from Hamburg to Copenhagen was great buzz but there was about 8 lads wearing stone wall badges n no colours out there heads and obviously not from drink. Customs came on with drug dog to do a random check. They all scampered for toilets so that says it all. My lads were with me and ye could have been the ones with tops off in Dubliner but all they were doing was having a few beers and enjoying the crack. It's the lads on other crack that worries me and disappoints me

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 12:37pm
Couple of lads rowing after the match in the away section, stewards had to get involved.

One on the lads had a large white and blue monaghan or waterford flag tied around him

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Couple of lads rowing after the match in the away section, stewards had to get involved.

One on the lads had a large white and blue monaghan or waterford flag tied around him

Sham and The Scientist no? Tongue

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: heighway2heaven
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 12:53pm
Why in jaysis would you bring a county flag to an Ireland away if it's not green?? 

-------------
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Beyond true - the world we live in. Says it all when this "hero" is a f**king coke head
Was thinking about this last night...The amount of young lads that behave like him or the peaky blinders is getting worse and worse

Posted By: Guf10
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 2:31pm
Pack of bellends!!

Insane amount of amadans in the away section. The steps in D1 had more fallers than the grand national.

-------------
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

Pack of bellends!!

Insane amount of amadans in the away section. The steps in D1 had more fallers than the grand national.

Might sound stupid...Whats an Amadan?

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 3:11pm
The level of drunkenness during the match was off the clock, however in A9 the majority were well behaved.

On another note the stewards were really anal and kept asking people to keep the steps free.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: kearney304
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Pack of bellends!!

A fool

Posted By: ProudAndLoud
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 3:14pm
Amadaìín as gaelige meaning a stupid coont

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 3:20pm

Pack of bellends!!

A fool
Thanks...totally new to me....

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 3:27pm

Pack of bellends!!

A fool
Thanks...totally new to me....
It's missing a fada over the third a. Pronounced om-a-dawn.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 3:41pm
Amadán is new to you..............fooks sake I despair.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: Lostandfound
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 3:52pm

Pack of bellends!!

I see what you did there. 

Posted By: TBWRA
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

I'm a long time supporting Ireland and have to say I was disappointed to see what I did on Friday. Train trip from Hamburg to Copenhagen was great buzz but there was about 8 lads wearing stone wall badges n no colours out there heads and obviously not from drink. Customs came on with drug dog to do a random check. They all scampered for toilets so that says it all. My lads were with me and ye could have been the ones with tops off in Dubliner but all they were doing was having a few beers and enjoying the crack. It's the lads on other crack that worries me and disappoints me

The Green and WHITE Army

-------------
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"

Posted By: OohAah...
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 9:29am
The press including the likes of second captains tried to lambast this behaviour and then this comes out....

http://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/1799006/victorias-secret-in-copenhagen-reveal-they-want-irish-fans-to-come-back-every-week-after-shoppers-serenaded-by-the-green-army-ahead-of-world-cup-play-off/" rel="nofollow - https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/1799006/victorias-secret-in-copenhagen-reveal-they-want-irish-fans-to-come-back-every-week-after-shoppers-serenaded-by-the-green-army-ahead-of-world-cup-play-off/

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 10:00am
Anyone want to to a comment piece for Independent.ie?

Posted By: craiglen
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 10:17am
I'm open to it but it wouldn't be forthcoming until Thursday at least

-------------
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 10:31am
There was also a letter sent into the Indo by a Danish man who went to the game with his family and he had nothing but good to say about Irish fans. I suppose one mans meat and all that.

I didn't see too much but I did see the pints going up in the air at the end and there was also a coupleof lads ready to have a go off each other but their friends quietened the main culprit down. There will always be drunk lads at games and most of us have been there at some stage over the years. I know I've been at a couple of games where I was notable to stand up straight but thankfully I don't do shots or spirits anymore. While I would argue that we should be able to drinks pints inside a ground I'm beginning to think that maybe bars should shut 10 mins after the game has started. We had a couple of drinks spilled over us by lads but it probably didn't help that we were standing atthe barrier just inside the entrance.

There were plenty of drunks alright and I had one lad in me ear shouting continuously 'blow it up ref, blow it up ya bollicks' this continued untill I told him FFS lad there's only 19 minutes gone!

The beer I wouldn't be too worried about with most lads. I'm sure there always was and will be lads who are trouble with booze in them but the powder is a different story. It makes lads more ballsy and aggressive so that combined with pints and shots is a recipe for craziness.

Like others we tend to stay away from the big mad bars etc more because we're older and can't be arsed being bumped and having drink spilled etc etc so don't tend to see that much aggro.

On the match atmosphere, it was brutal. We had a bodhran up the back and bar a few lads around us it was like getting blood from a stone. Just no energy in the crowd at all. I honestly thought we'd have had an atmosphere similar to Wales but that was way off the mark.

I suppose the bottom line is that Irish support comes from across society so there's always going to be a percentage of dickheads however like others have said there does seem to be a lot more of the 'stag' type groups travelling now and I doubt that's just down to ticket allocation. There were a few in Georgia and Moldova.

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Posted By: OohAah...
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 10:43am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

There was also a letter sent into the Indo by a Danish man who went to the game with his family and he had nothing but good to say about Irish fans. I suppose one mans meat and all that.

I didn't see too much but I did see the pints going up in the air at the end and there was also a coupleof lads ready to have a go off each other but their friends quietened the main culprit down. There will always be drunk lads at games and most of us have been there at some stage over the years. I know I've been at a couple of games where I was notable to stand up straight but thankfully I don't do shots or spirits anymore. While I would argue that we should be able to drinks pints inside a ground I'm beginning to think that maybe bars should shut 10 mins after the game has started. We had a couple of drinks spilled over us by lads but it probably didn't help that we were standing atthe barrier just inside the entrance.

There were plenty of drunks alright and I had one lad in me ear shouting continuously 'blow it up ref, blow it up ya bollicks' this continued untill I told him FFS lad there's only 19 minutes gone!

The beer I wouldn't be too worried about with most lads. I'm sure there always was and will be lads who are trouble with booze in them but the powder is a different story. It makes lads more ballsy and aggressive so that combined with pints and shots is a recipe for craziness.

Like others we tend to stay away from the big mad bars etc more because we're older and can't be arsed being bumped and having drink spilled etc etc so don't tend to see that much aggro.

On the match atmosphere, it was brutal. We had a bodhran up the back and bar a few lads around us it was like getting blood from a stone. Just no energy in the crowd at all. I honestly thought we'd have had an atmosphere similar to Wales but that was way off the mark.

I suppose the bottom line is that Irish support comes from across society so there's always going to be a percentage of dickheads however like others have said there does seem to be a lot more of the 'stag' type groups travelling now and I doubt that's just down to ticket allocation. There were a few in Georgia and Moldova.

This tends to be the same with the lads I go with. We Couldn't be bothered with crammedness or queues and generally drift into a good chat with fellow Irish or Away supporters and the odd song

Posted By: LenBrennan
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 10:44am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

RedLad, fair paly on the Bodhran, I was 2 rows in front of you and was trying to drum up a bit of noise with you. I previously posted about negative incidents and ye this is bollix but more worrying is the lack of atmosphere, there was a percentage of gobsh*tes there but still the genuine supporters should have massively outweighed this. I urged people to remember, it is a football match, not the cinema. I know Irealnd can be brutal to watch, but if you don't like it, give your ticket to a fan. If you go, you are committing to getting behind the team, I felt if the crowd had given them a little more of a lift, the players might have gone for it a bit more. Anyway, tonight, lets get behind them. Football isnt a TV show, get involved!!!

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 11:04am
It's much better and easier to talk to both Irish lads and the home supporters when you head into the smaller pubs. We had a great bit of craic in a local bar beside our hotel for a couple of hours before we headed off to meet the others.
Talking about the Bodhran at the game I had a fella come up to me to ask if I could lower it donw abit as it was obstructing his view. Ah Jaysus!

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net