Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=55824
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 3:48am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: World Cup Playoffs
Posted By: irishmufc
Subject: World Cup Playoffs
Date Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 9:09pm
Not including our tie in this but how do ye think the rest of ties will go? Apart from the Sweden-Italy playoff, it's very possible the bottom 3 seeds could put the other top 3 out. 

Croatia vs Greece - I'd expect Croatia to progress but if Greece are still in it going into their home game in the 2nd leg, they could surprise us. Croatia aren't the force they were and Greece have obviously improved from the last campaign. Think it'll be tight enough.

N.I vs Switzerland - Switzerland are probably sleight favourites but I don't think there's anything in it. If N.I. avoid an away goal conceded, even at 0-0, I think they'll do it. Could go to penalties. 

Sweden vs Italy - Like with the N.I. game, if Sweden avoid conceding at home, it gives them some chance in the 2nd leg but still a big ask. Would expect Italy to get a sympathetic ref as FIFA would want to see one of the traditional bug guns at a tournament. Would prefer to see Italy qualify myself tbh.  

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Replies:
Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 9:26pm
Croatia will beat Greece. Greece have an extremely solid defence, almost all their star players play there. They have little to offer besides that barring Mitroglou, who has been scoring prolifically since his disaster of a spell at Fulham. Croatia have been stuttering along and seem to be in a sort of disarray but man for man they're that much better than the Greeks that i can't see them not getting across the line here. 
Croatia 2-0 Greece, Greece 1-1 Croatia

Nordies can remain competitive in a game against virtually any team these days and what they've achieved with their resources is remarkable. Still, this Swiss team is, i would wager, the best they've faced apart from Germany in the last two qualifying campaigns and have generally played well in their group, picking up 27 points. This will be extremely tight. The Swiss should have too much for the north in the end and will go through by the odd goal i reckon, but the north will be in it right up until the final whistle as they always are under Michael O'Neill.
Nordies 1-1 Switzerland, Switzerland 1-0 Nordies. 

Italy v Sweden is the one of the three i'd say that has the greatest chance of an upset. Sweden did well in a reasonably tough group, Italy picked up a respectable points haul in theirs but did so in a number of narrow wins and drew at home to Macedonia. Looks like they dont rate the manager there. Sweden may well be the best of the unseeded teams and can take this Italy side the entire way. I back Italy to just about get there but wouldn't surprise me at all if Sweden won it.
Sweden 2-1 Italy, Italy 3-1 Sweden (AET)

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Date Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 9:45pm
Can't see the Swiss scoring in Belfast or Sweden getting 2 goals against Italy above all teams tbh. 

-------------

Posted By: raclle
Date Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 10:14pm
Croatia

N.I - Swiss game will be close. I'll go with the North.

Italy

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 10:20pm
Croatia Switzerland Italy and Ireland

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 10:27pm
Fancy the orangemen to do it can see them winning 2-0 in the first leg.Croats and the Italians should progress

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Posted By: GB 1HughJarse
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 12:45am
What about.....

Honduras v Australia
Australia v Honduras

and

New Zealand v Peru
Peru v New Zealand

Posted By: the_walls
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 8:30am
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

What about.....

Honduras v Australia
Australia v Honduras

and

New Zealand v Peru
Peru v New Zealand

What about them? Give us your take on them.

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 8:46am

What about.....

Honduras v Australia
Australia v Honduras

and

New Zealand v Peru
Peru v New Zealand

Honduras and Peru to go through. The Aussies are appalling these days and very nearly succumbed to Syria in the previous round. They have very little coming through and rely on a 38(?) year old Tim Cahill. On the other side of the draw Peru have survived South American qualifying and will be battle hardened for the encounter. 2018 would be their first appear at the tournament since 82.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 9:00am

This be my take on the remaining World Cup places

4 Europe
Italy v Sweden-. Italians had Spain in there group so it was either one or the other who was going to make the Finals a 3-0 win in Madrid done it for Spanish after that Italians limped to 2nd with two 1-0 wins and a draw at home to Macedonia still the team teams wanted to avoid. Sweden have Markus Berg to thank (and the Dutch and Lloris) for making it the playoffs. An 8-0 win against Luxembourg all but secured them a place bar a miracle from the Dutch. Should be a tough close game Italians won 1-0 in Euros so I’d say in will be similarly close game would say first leg is in Stockholm if Swedes could keep Italians goalless then I’d actually fancy them to nick it over the two legs but ultimately the Italians always seem to find a way to qualify if they get an away goal then they go to Milan full of bravado.

Croatia v Greece- Croatia were the team most wanted to avoid seemed to falter need end of campaign. Greece on the other hand were team most would have liked to get despite being only team to takes points from the Belgians they are only in playoffs due to Bosnia throwing it away. If Croats rediscover their confidence under new manager they'll win comfortably over the two legs.

-Northern Ireland vs Switzerland- The Swiss were up there with Danes as the seed everyone wanted came through qualifying with 9 wins and 1 loss, let's not get ahead of the trend here they had a piss easy group, They have a decent home record and caught Portugal cold at start of campaign but a +12 GD against group minnows (Faroes, Latvia, Andorra) compared to Portugal's +24 is what ultimately cost them. From what I have seen they seem to struggle to break down resolute defences so a match up with North will be an interesting matchup. I'd fancy the North if they take a lead to Basel.

Denmark v Rep of Ireland- Have to try be as unbiased as possible here. The Danes picked up a lot of momentum after picking up 3 points from first 9, 4 points in next two games and other results going their way brought them back into it. Then 4 wins including a 4-0 win over Poland meant they were playoff bound if they drew with Romania which they duly did. Christian Eriksen was the driving force behind that run and he’ll be the man to stop come November. Ourselves well I think we all know the ups and downs of our campaign. If we can come out with an away goal in Copenhagen I think we’ll win.

3 Africa
-Morocco, Senegal and Tunisia currently top and have best chance of filling those places. Morocco have an away game against Ivory Coast, who are a point behind them so a win would see Ivory Coast overtake them, but Morocco have looked good during the group and have yet to concede and last few games the Ivorian’s seem to be lacking something so I’d make Morocco favourites to get what they need.

Senegal have a game’s advantage over the other teams due to their 2-1 loss to South Africa being annulled due to dodgy Referee so they are two points and a +4 goal difference ahead of Burkino Faso so even a draw in South Africa would most likely be enough for them to reach Russia a win and they are there regardless of what they do 4 days later.

As for Tunisia they hold the advantage over DR Congo mostly thanks to a superb comeback against them in September. Basically if Tunisia draw against Libya they are there.

1 South America/ Oceania
Peru vs NZ, you'd have to fancy Peru. They did have some luck over the campaign with an initial 2-0 loss to Bolivia was overturned and awarded as a 3-0 win after the Bolivians fielded an ineligible player but two draws vs Argentina and a win over Uruguay as well a convincing win over Paraguay  away seen them finish 5th ahead of Chile on goal difference.

As for New Zealand they pretty much romped to the playoffs conceding 1 goal in OFC Nations Cup then routine 2-0 wins over powerhouses Fiji and New Caledonia (drew 0-0 away) set them up for the OFC playoff against Solomon Islands where a 6-1 win at home put them on their way a 2-2 draw away made the aggregate score 8-3. A draw before qualifying had determined OFC would play Conembol.

1 NA/Asia
 Honduras vs Australia- Honduras booked their place in the playoffs ahead of the US by a point finishing 4th out 6 teams with 13 points after an initial loss to Panama an unbeaten home record San Pedro Sula including a final day 3-2 win over Mexico which leapfrogged them over the Americans. The Aussies finished 3rd in their 3rd round group behind Japan and Saudi Arabia too many draws during this round cost them. They’d go on to play Syria in a playoff and thanks to 37 year old Tim Cahill managed to scrap through 3-2 on aggregate. I think a trip to San Pedro will be too much for them but of course the second leg being at home may be an advantage it should be a tight game.

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 9:15am
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

What about.....

Honduras v Australia
Australia v Honduras

and

New Zealand v Peru
Peru v New Zealand

I am the worlds worst predictor.
But here goes, Honduras Australia, 2 draws and penalties.
NZ Peru, draw and then Peru home win.

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 3:50pm
I think Italy will win handy enough...Croatia to beat Greece after extra time, Nordie game could go either way...Have a feeling they will just shade it. Ivory Coast, Tunisia, Senegal, Australia and Peru to make up the other places

Posted By: cliffrichard
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 4:14pm
Was in Peru for a few weeks in September, football crazy country and they love their national side. The country will go ape if/when they qualify, can't see NZ denting their momentum. Think Peru would be a tough draw in the WC itself - very well drilled side with no superstars. 

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 4:25pm

What about.....

Honduras v Australia
Australia v Honduras

and

New Zealand v Peru
Peru v New Zealand

Which team to win the pennos? LOL

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

What about.....

Honduras v Australia
Australia v Honduras

and

New Zealand v Peru
Peru v New Zealand

Which team to win the pennos? LOL

Ahh Jaysus I’m not Nostradamus or Russell Grant........Honduras 9-8 on peno’s

Posted By: HuntysCousin
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 9:49pm
Paolo Guerrero suspended after failing a drugs test, huge loss for Peru

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 1:58pm
Cahill a doubt for Australia after limping off in an A-League match. It kind of says it all that a 38 year-old is still so vital for them, I can see Honduras nicking it.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 12:35am
Why do Ivory Coast underachieve so much?

4 or 8 years ago I'd of given them a chance of being the first African team to do it on paper, even without the likes of Drogba they still aren't a bad squad but losing to likes of Gabon and scraping to qualify is a serious underachievement

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 11:11am
How do you see the other games going:

Croatia 3-1Greece
Greece 1-1 Croatia
I think Croatia will wrap this up in the first leg.

Norn Ire 1-0 Swiss
Swiss 2- 0 Northern Ire
Swiss to win this. They always qualify.

Sweden 0-0 Italy
Italy 2-0 Sweden
Italy will be too savvy for the Sweeds.

-------------

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 11:15am
Croatia 2-0 Greece
Greece 1-1 Croatia

Northern Ireland 1-1 Switzerland
Switzerland 2-0 Northern Ireland

Sweden 1-1 Italy
Italy 2-1 Sweden

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 11:29am
Croatia to qualify with ease. 
NI to qualify 1-0 on aggregate. 
Italy to go through 2-1 or something like that.

Australia and Peru to qualify in the Intercontinental playoffs.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 11:35am
I must be the only one who thinks Sweden will qualify. They're the kind of team Italy will struggle against.  

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: SeanG4393
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 11:52am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

I must be the only one who thinks Sweden will qualify. They're the kind of team Italy will struggle against.  

I think you have a point can see the Sweedes going through 

Posted By: gspain
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 1:18pm
Italy to do enough.  They always just seem to manage it.

Croatia should be too good and normally great in playoffs.

Northern Ireland to shade a low scoring contest maybe on away goals or even penalties.   

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Italy have never lost a home qualifier in World Cup Qualifying, hard to see that changing so the game in Stockholm is a must win as I can't see Italy not winning at least one of these legs.

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: TonyNotJack
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 7:17pm
Croatia v Greece is live on Sky Sports Mix.

Posted By: gazurtoids
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 7:46pm
God save the Queen sealed it for me......cmon zee Swiss

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 8:04pm
Swiss all over North, their flag is a big plus too

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 8:05pm
1-0 to Croatia Modric

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

Did you not know they were going to play it? LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 8:07pm
2-0 Croatia now plus the Nordies on the ropes against the impressive looking Swiss...Glad we avoided both of them.

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Swiss all over North, their flag is a big plus too
Always a classic.LOL

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 8:09pm
Thank Christ we didn't get Croatia

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

Did you not know they were going to play it? LOL

Yes and I say the same thing every time they play

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 8:12pm
Its just a damned Popularity contest with you kids - Its just a damned Popularity contest with you kids  Misc

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 8:19pm
Greeks grab a away goal

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 8:21pm
3-1 Croatia

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 8:21pm
3-1

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 8:37pm
To be fair to North they're defending well

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 8:40pm
They’re very hard to score against
That striker for Switzerland doesn’t seem up to much mind you, poor link up play
Licsteiner and Shaqiri dangerous on the right
Think the north weathered the early storm and are quite comfortable now

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 8:41pm
Both teams have zero up top. Nil all would be an excellent result for the North tonight.

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

They’re very hard to score against
That striker for Switzerland doesn’t seem up to much mind you, poor link up play
Licsteiner and Shaqiri dangerous on the right
Think the north weathered the early storm and are quite comfortable now
Can see them scoring from a set-piece. The Swiss are average enough, they have a real chance here. The thought of Tom if they score!

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 8:44pm
The Greek defence is an absolute shambles. I could see Croatia scoring 5.

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

What station?

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

What station?

Sky Sports Mix  channel 400 on virgin media

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 8:57pm
I'll say it again so glad we avoided the Croatians

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 8:58pm
4-1 jaysusLOL

Croatia would have hammered us

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 8:58pm
Very harsh peno

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 9:00pm
Terrible decision on the pen....but we'll take it

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 9:01pm

Very harsh peno

Awful decision.

Posted By: Gonad
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 9:04pm
What channel are the Nordies on ?

Posted By: SimonCox
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 9:26pm

Very harsh peno

theres no way fifa were ever gona be knocked out tonite

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by SimonCox SimonCox wrote:

Very harsh peno

theres no way fifa were ever gona be knocked out tonite

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 9:37pm
Croatia could have scored 10.

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 9:42pm
Delighted Greece got thumped, absolutely dire team to watch.

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: peterbelfast
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 10:24pm
horrible decision. felt bad but then remember this

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 10:26pm
Karma is a bitch

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 11:15pm
Expected a lot more from NI tonight judging by their qualifying group.They had absolutely nothing in attack.Did they have an off night?Maybe the Czechs and Norwegians are woeful?Maybe the occasion got to them? They were similar to how they were in the first match of the Euros when they also seemed to freeze. I was a lot more impressed with the Swiss than some others here. Despite the dubious penalty a fairer result would have been 0-2. There will probably be some kind of reaction from NI in Basel as there was in their second match in the Euros, but it won't be enough.

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 11:18pm
Never a pen but correct result

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Delighted Greece got thumped, absolutely dire team to watch.

Can't believe people still rate these. Shocking last campaign and 4 year ago they looked miles off the pace.

Posted By: SteelyDan
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 11:22pm
Gonna be very hard from N.I. in this reverse leg, but it is still to play for, could have been worse.

Posted By: Fitz
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 2:48am
The North were sh*te overall, tbf. Can't see anything other than a bigger defeat in Zurich. Good riddance.

-------------

Posted By: Swedball
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 8:09am
While I wasn't impressed by the Swiss, and would certainly have wished for Sweden to get them instead of Italy after seeing the game last night, Northern Ireland were even worse than I thought and did look just like a team that could have problems even with a team like Norway.

Croatia the only team really deserving a place at the World Cup of the four teams we've seen this far in PO.

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 8:33pm
Pretty even match between Swedes and Italy

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 9:06pm
1 0 Sweden deflected goal.

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Posted By: Pubes
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 9:16pm
Anybody notice the number 13 so far..
The Swiss goalscorer and Swedish goalscorer And the minute of Croatia first goal..

Jeff hendrick... All signs point to you!

Posted By: Strazdas
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

1 0 Sweden deflected goal.

Italy in trouble. If they lose to nil here, it makes the return leg extremely dicey

Posted By: Stickittotheman
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 9:40pm
NI were brutal last night. I just dont think they showed up. Was never a pen in a million years. Will be a miracle now if they qualify. Croatia I wanted to avoid at all costs, I knew if they clicked they could hammer any one of the unseeded teams. Greece only conceded 6 goals in qualifying then lost 4 last night. The Italians were fairly average tonight but Sweden played very well. They are very direct. Very physical and to be fair very effective. Play alot like ourselves.

-------------
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 9:43pm
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Ventura isn't even in charge for the 2nd game, his time in charge has been that bad. So many poor performances and strange tactical decisions

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 10:24pm
Sweden are becoming play off specialists. Won the home leg against Denmark two years ago as well and very nearly won in Copenhagen.

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 5:28pm
North playing well,  pressing high but bit sloppy in possession.

Pitch is a joke.

Posted By: doherty
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by raclle raclle wrote:

Pitch is a joke.

there trying to have a go at least. more than you can say for us last night.

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 5:57pm
Just like they were in Euro2016, terrible in the first match, then they've gone what the hell and given it a right go in the next.Some criminal misses by Switzerland.

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 6:30pm
This is set up for them to grab a goal......manky pitch big open spaces

Rubbish striker for the Swiss

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 7:04pm
Switzerland qualify.

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Why do Ivory Coast underachieve so much?

4 or 8 years ago I'd of given them a chance of being the first African team to do it on paper, even without the likes of Drogba they still aren't a bad squad but losing to likes of Gabon and scraping to qualify is a serious underachievement

Bump. Still wondering the answer to this question! Got knocked out of qualifying last night losing 2-0 to Morocco.

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 8:15pm
Look who their manager is

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 8:18pm
Oh christ, it explains everything. LOL

It's safe to say he's solidified himself as the biggest spoofer in modern day football after last night.

Posted By: Stickittotheman
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by raclle raclle wrote:

Pitch is a joke.

there trying to have a go at least. more than you can say for us last night.

Well they were 1 down after thursday so had to go for it. Compare our first leg game to theirs. They were almost identical- NI played for a 0-0 as well.

-------------
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 9:42pm
Croatia qualify.

Posted By: SimonCox
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 7:23pm
decent link for italy sweden game boys?

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 7:27pm
Buffon making his 175th cap tonight.

4th most capped player ever.

1). A Hassan (Egypt) 184
2). Al-Deayea (S Arabia) 178
3). C Suarez (Mexico) 177
4). G Buffon (Italy) 174

26). R Keane (Ire) 146

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 7:28pm
Looking forward to Sweden and Italy. 

Up for Italy but suspect they'll get a lot of decisions. FIFA will certainly want them to qualify. Would like to see it go to penalties. 

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 7:36pm
Is it on sky sports? Can’t see it advertised.

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 7:36pm
Yes

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 7:42pm

Up for Italy but suspect they'll get a lot of decisions. FIFA will certainly want them to qualify. Would like to see it go to penalties. 

One standout stat is that no team has ever lost a WC play off first leg and then gone on to qualify. Let's see what happens here.

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Yes

Thanks, Sky Sports Football are advertising “Soccer AM - The best bits” as being on now, that would take up all of about 10 seconds.

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

One standout stat is that no team has ever lost a WC play off first leg and then gone on to qualify. Let's see what happens here.

That'll change tonight.

Some amount of booing for the Swedish anthem

-------------

Posted By: kopkid
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 7:45pm
Serious amount of booing and jeering during the Swedish anthem, Buffon the gentleman as ever though.

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 7:46pm

Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

That'll change tonight.

Some amount of booing for the Swedish anthem

Who knew the Italians were such bad sports? At least Buffon applauded the anthem.

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 7:52pm
San Siro looks class. Pitch looks great too.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 7:59pm
Italians are shocking.

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 8:01pm
Should have been a penalty for Sweden

Posted By: kopkid
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 8:01pm
FFS

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 8:02pm

Should have been a penalty for Sweden

Far more blatant handball than the one for Switz in Belfast - predictably waved away

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 8:02pm
Total penalty denied for Sweden.

Ref doing a good job for FIFA.

-------------

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 8:03pm
Don't suppose it's on SS Mix aswel?

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 8:07pm

Total penalty denied for Sweden.

Ref doing a good job for FIFA.

Shows you we were lucky to have avoided them in the draw. The refs would do everything to try and get them qualified.

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 8:12pm
The two Italian centre backs now on yellow cards, but might not need to be as worried as normal.

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 8:17pm
Another penalty appeal

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net