-------------
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"

Replies:
Posted By: superp
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:47pm
when will we know the date??

Posted By: 50 shades of O'Shea
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:52pm
when will we know the exact day the game is on can anyone tell me? the variety of dates really helps ryanair and norweigan rip us off. 
anyone thinking of going to stockholm or malmo or hamburg and getting train up?

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:38pm
http://https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir//mckluud+copenhagen/@55.6683566,12.4801031,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x46525375ec109fb3:0x2a021f164a51f741!2m2!1d12.5501425!2d55.6683765" rel="nofollow - http://https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/''/mckluud+copenhagen/@55.6683566,12.4801031,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x46525375ec109fb3:0x2a021f164a51f741!2m2!1d12.5501425!2d55.6683765 Been

told by Dane Copenhagen native that this is a decent pub

http://www.spottedbylocals.com/copenhagen/mckluud/

Posted By: mandrake
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:00pm
message to the mods, change our fixture schedule sticky ,, we've two more games woo -hoo

-------------
Come on Irelind

Posted By: rolo
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by mandrake mandrake wrote:

message to the mods, change our fixture schedule sticky ,, we've two more games woo -hoo

On it. Cheers for reminder!

-------------

Posted By: TioPepe
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:43pm
SAS are having a pure laugh. 555 Euro from Dublin.

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by TioPepe TioPepe wrote:

Who Dares, Wins.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Posted By: darmack
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:56pm
So people say Copenhagen is expensive but €5 pints can be found. Where are these places? What's the karaoke scene like? What's the best square to have cans?

-------------
The dark side.. And the light

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

So people say Copenhagen is expensive but €5 pints can be found. Where are these places? What's the karaoke scene like? What's the best square to have cans?

And how much are these cans?

-------------

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:02pm
Family and friends over there, I'd tell you all the places to find such information but don't want to ruin your weekends leading up to the game

-------------

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Lidl so not too expensive even for Denmark

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Who Dares, Wins.

I just checked directly with them. €858 now if you want to fly direct Friday to Sunday.

Clowns.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Lidl so not too expensive even for Denmark

Place I posted above is cheap, also 30m bus to Stadium

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Who Dares, Wins.

I just checked directly with them. €858 now if you want to fly direct Friday to Sunday.

Clowns.

And I believe thats the basic option, no luggage etc.

Posted By: bear
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:18pm
What bar is the meet up?

-------------
"You cannot afford to rely on history, you have to make it" - Martin O'Neill

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:19pm

Dubliner :)

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:21pm
When will we know what % of the stadium capacity we have for Copenhagen

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

When will we know what % of the stadium capacity we have for Copenhagen

I could tell you the minimum number now but it's a secret that nobody has been foretold about....

-------------

Posted By: cliffrichard
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:25pm

Loads of cheap boozers over there. Been three times. My mate from home is living with his missusin Malmo just across the river. I'll throw up a few decent locations later.

Also, the Dubliner isn't a bad Irish pub. Had a cracking New Years there a few years back. Nice square in front of it for a slab of cans. 

Posted By: kearney304
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:39pm
Lads the internet has the wrong dates for the games. The amount of people going off that. Hilarious if people book wrong flights. 

Type in denmark v ireland 

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:41pm

I have the same questions, bar oneBig smile

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 6:13pm
Talking to my mate at work who goes away with England, he reckons when they were there 6 years ago some of the England Travel Club were able to organise deals with some bars - Pay a cover charge, have a slightly reduced rate for beers etc.

Posted By: Gigibongi33
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 6:16pm
I can't believe no one has asked yet what the pick pocket situation is like in Copenhagen

Posted By: kelvin
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 6:22pm
Sorry if not the right thread, but anyone have a direct contact for the ticket office at FAI? Preferably email.

Have an issue with my account and I have tried multiple times to get a response via the away.fai.ie contact form on their website but no joy. Need to get it sorted by Thursday.

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Talking to my mate at work who goes away with England, he reckons when they were there 6 years ago some of the England Travel Club were able to organise deals with some bars - Pay a cover charge, have a slightly reduced rate for beers etc.

Was just about to post on that.
Want to get onto few bars and give them ads on here and social interaction in return for deals
Can you get a few names of decent bars and I'll get onto them?

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Want to get onto few bars and give them ads on here and social interaction in return for deals

I've asked my mate if he can try find out what they were - There was drink taken etc but he said he'd have a look

Posted By: muscles
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Lads the internet has the wrong dates for the games. The amount of people going off that. Hilarious if people book wrong flights. 

wtf are you on about?

Posted By: belt
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by muscles muscles wrote:

wtf are you on about?

After the draw if ya googled the fixture it said it was the 9th....briefly confused one of our group

Posted By: MadsV
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Only karaoke bar is Sam's Bar Big smile And yes beers and everything else is expensive. Don't have a lot of actual pubs but the Dubliner, maybe Pub & Sport and other places next to City Hall, not really my kinda places.

We have great beer places like Mikkeller or Tap House but It doesn't have that pub atmosphere.

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 7:56pm

I've asked my mate if he can try find out what they were - There was drink taken etc but he said he'd have a look

Sent Gerk some details of a possible venue, but ask your mate anyway as reckon could need a few places for this game.

-------------

Posted By: daboi89
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 8:13pm
lads i played in the denmark darts open this year. i was based in copenhagen for the first 2 nights and then in esjberg for the second 2. Pints were in and around €5 for a pint. paid €7 for guinness.

dont listen to the nonsense of 10 euro a scoop.. also 6 cans in the offy is under ten euro as i got some to bring to the darts competition with me

itll be no different to a night on the piss in central london or dublin

Posted By: irish_goat
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 8:22pm
Seems to be cheap pints available in the dive bars.

Plenty of craft beer spots but they are very pricey.

https://www.routesnorth.com/copenhagen/where-to-find-cheap-beer-in-copenhagen/" rel="nofollow - https://www.routesnorth.com/copenhagen/where-to-find-cheap-beer-in-copenhagen/

Posted By: daboi89
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by irish_goat irish_goat wrote:

https://www.routesnorth.com/copenhagen/where-to-find-cheap-beer-in-copenhagen/" rel="nofollow - https://www.routesnorth.com/copenhagen/where-to-find-cheap-beer-in-copenhagen/

exactly

Billy Booze, at the name suggests (billy is an anglicism of billig, which means cheap), offers the cheapest drinks in town and is – quite understandably – rather proud of it. Drink here and you’ll pay just 20 DKK for a pint of Tuborg or Carlsberg, while a bottle of Budweiser or Corona will set you back just 10 DKK.

This bar is right off the main shopping street, Strøget, where most bars are usually pricey and posh. The atmosphere at Billy Booze is quite the opposite: red faux-leather couches, top-20 tunes and low-cut vests.

be warned its a woeful kip tho

10DKK is £1.20

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 8:39pm
Kip or poshest place going I'll frequent anywhere for 1.20 pints

-------------

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by MadsV MadsV wrote:

Only karaoke bar is Sam's Bar Big smile And yes beers and everything else is expensive. Don't have a lot of actual pubs but the Dubliner, maybe Pub & Sport and other places next to City Hall, not really my kinda places.

We have great beer places like Mikkeller or Tap House but It doesn't have that pub atmosphere.

Throw up a few prices for the lads here Mads.

You knows beers, meals, wine, coffee, lap dances etc...

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: Lostandfound
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 8:48pm
I believe the women are only brutal in Denmark.   

That true, wha?  Get up the yard. 

Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

exactly

Billy Booze, at the name suggests (billy is an anglicism of billig, which means cheap), offers the cheapest drinks in town and is – quite understandably – rather proud of it. Drink here and you’ll pay just 20 DKK for a pint of Tuborg or Carlsberg, while a bottle of Budweiser or Corona will set you back just 10 DKK.

This bar is right off the main shopping street, Strøget, where most bars are usually pricey and posh. The atmosphere at Billy Booze is quite the opposite: red faux-leather couches, top-20 tunes and low-cut vests.

10DKK is £1.20

Hullo Hullo we are the Billy Booze

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

exactly

10DKK is £1.20

Hullo Hullo we are the Billy Booze

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:33pm
Lived here in 1998 great city always been hoping to go back and pay it a visit.GreY to get a chance of a huge match.

Got robbed on my second day living here. Whole ruck sack gone. Only had what I had on me left. No credit card or way to call home for money. Good craic.

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

Loads of cheap boozers over there. Been three times. My mate from home is living with his missusin Malmo just across the river. I'll throw up a few decent locations later.

Also, the Dubliner isn't a bad Irish pub. Had a cracking New Years there a few years back. Nice square in front of it for a slab of cans. 

sound

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:41pm
Outside the dubliner will be the Mary St of this trip. Reckon that's where the shoe wavers will congregate.

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: cathalb96
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:44pm
What's the general feeling about tickets? Will there be a scramble?

-------------
Cathal Bourke

Posted By: The White Cafu
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by cathalb96 cathalb96 wrote:

Going by my own social media there's actually a lot more fans that would never go to games going to this than there was going to Wales, surprisingly.

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Lived here in 1998 great city always been hoping to go back and pay it a visit.GreY to get a chance of a huge match.

Got robbed on my second day living here. Whole ruck sack gone. Only had what I had on me left. No credit card or way to call home for money. Good craic.
Sounds like a dangerous place. They don't pick your pockets ,they stroke the bag off your bag! No thank you I'm at home for this one

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: Deane
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Going by my own social media there's actually a lot more fans that would never go to games going to this than there was going to Wales, surprisingly.

Getting the same impression myself.

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

I'm expecting 5000-6000, its a World Cup play off. Were we fully anticipate and believe we will qualify. As soon as the Danish release their general sale tickets which will be in around 10,000 we'll be all over them.

Another Scotland I reckon. Great to see, best away scene I've seen as an Ireland fan was in Park Head where in every corner you looked there was tri colours Clap

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Sounds like a dangerous place. They don't pick your pockets ,they stroke the bag off your bag! No thank you I'm at home for this one

Good choice bsm. You got to keep your wits about you. Had to buy my clothes in charity shop which happened to be called UVF ha ha

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:01pm

I'm expecting 5000-6000, its a World Cup play off. Were we fully anticipate and believe we will qualify. As soon as the Danish release their general sale tickets which will be in around 10,000 we'll be all over them.

Another Scotland I reckon. Great to see, best away scene I've seen as an Ireland fan was in Park Head where in every corner you looked there was tri colours Clap

Very anxious about tickets. Just hope they give us 10%.  Have Tbilisi on my record from this campaign but didnt get ticket for Austria away, was in the home end so not on my record Cry

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:09pm

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:21pm

Very anxious about tickets. Just hope they give us 10%.  Have Tbilisi on my record from this campaign but didnt get ticket for Austria away, was in the home end so not on my record Cry

Did you get a ticket for wales off the FAI?

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:22pm

Defo beats Giants Stadium, Stuttgart and Lille alright

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:24pm

Did you get a ticket for wales off the FAI?

Couldn't go, had an exam the following morning! Doubt i would have in any event. If we get 10% here and about 5000 fans go i reckon if i dont get this off the FAI i'll end up with a ticket somehow, I'll be in that stadium whatever way i can!

-------------

Posted By: ShaneH10
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:30pm
Can see this being another waiting list (if even) for those with 3 aways, not including Wales. 

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

In my experience. I did see Lille, I preferred Glasgow more hostile. I was a child in the other two I can't remember them.

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:35pm
If you got a ticket for Wales, chances are you'll get one for this. I can't see the FAI not agreeing an increased allocation. Both sides will want it.

-------------

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:39pm
Depends if the Danes expect many to travel.
10 per cent should be a no brainier

Rolo....is the Dubliner central?

Posted By: Jicked
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:47pm
Will Denmark be having a public sale for the home end that we can snap up?

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 12:16am
List of things to see in Copenhagen?  I'll start a list.  Feel free to add to it:

1. Tivoli Gardens

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 12:19am
Thinking of getting a beer bar bike, brings you on a tour of Copenhagen while you drink pints, anyone done this before?? 7 of us also and it fits more than 14 so any more wanting in on it give us a shout we could get a couple of bikes going if we got a big crowd

Posted By: Fr Fintan Stack
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 12:20am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

List of things to see in Copenhagen?  I'll start a list.  Feel free to add to it:

1. Tivoli Gardens
2. Carlsberg Copenhagen Exbeerience

-------------
tumblr_o987lwB0np1vthlfbo1_500.gif

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 12:21am

1. Tivoli Gardens
3. Christian IX's Gade 1, 1208 København K, Denmark

Perfect sight seeing for a man of your standing TJ

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 12:26am
Tivoli amusement park closed for winter, I think.

-------------

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 12:30am
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

1. Tivoli Gardens

Perfect sight seeing for a man of your standing TJ

What is it young phillip?

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: sid waddell
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 12:37am

1. Tivoli Gardens

You can't go to Copenhagen without seeing the Little Mermaid, which is the most famous tourist attraction in the city.

Also Christiansborg Palace - the setting for the TV series Borgen.

Then there's the Bridge (the one that goes to Sweden) - it's named after the TV series of the same name, I think. 

I love Danish TV series. I can still hear the secretary in The Killing shouting a guttural "Tttghhhwwwoohheellls" (Troels) at the murder suspect politician.

-------------
Edited by Trigboy 10 at 10:03pm

Posted By: Manning18
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 1:06am
Originally posted by ShaneH10 ShaneH10 wrote:

Can see this being another waiting list (if even) for those with 3 aways, not including Wales. 

Did everyone who got refused for Wales get the waiting list mail or just the 80 or so actually on the waiting list? If it's the latter (got the mail) then would be fairly confident for this one. Even if only for the extra 5k capacity on the stadium compared to wales, with a 10% allocation thats 500 extra away tiks. Can't have been more than 200 or so unlucky ones on 3 aways that got gubbed last time

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 1:13am
Beer tour sounds like a great idea only there for a few hours so two birds and all the rest.

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 1:19am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

1. Tivoli Gardens

You can't go to Copenhagen without seeing the Little Mermaid, which is the most famous tourist attraction in the city.

Then there's the Bridge (the one that goes to Sweden) - it's named after the TV series of the same name, I think. 

I love Danish TV series. I can still hear the secretary in The Killing shouting a guttural "Tttghhhwwwoohheellls" (Troels) at the murder suspect politician.

That secretary Heart

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 7:10am
Don't forget about Christiania.

Posted By: KILCRUISE
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 7:47am
Has to be beer tour, you can always dream of little mermaids

-------------
may the road rise to meet you but make sure it does not slap you in the face

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 8:10am
The Little Mermaid isn't really that good tbh

Posted By: cliffrichard
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 9:33am

Depends if the Danes expect many to travel.
10 per cent should be a no brainier

Rolo....is the Dubliner central?

Ger - It's right in the middle of Stroget, which is the main pedestrian street. Big enough spot as well, and any time I have been in there, have had decent live trad/ballad sessions. 

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 9:44am

Thinking of getting a beer bar bike, brings you on a tour of Copenhagen while you drink pints, anyone done this before?? 7 of us also and it fits more than 14 so any more wanting in on it give us a shout we could get a couple of bikes going if we got a big crowd

How much is it? And if you neck a pint do they just keep topping you up?

I can feel a "frank the tank" moment 

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 10:00am

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

In my experience. I did see Lille, I preferred Glasgow more hostile. I was a child in the other two I can't remember them.
Weird enough but each to their own

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 10:01am

It's 5 deg on average - good luck with that

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: bear
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

[QUOTE=The White Cafu] Thinking of getting a beer bar bike, brings you on a tour of Copenhagen while you drink pints, anyone done this before?? 7 of us also and it fits more than 14 so any more wanting in on it give us a shout we could get a couple of bikes going if we got a big crowd

2 of us up for that, we get there on Thursday

-------------
"You cannot afford to rely on history, you have to make it" - Martin O'Neill

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 10:22am
Just out of interest lads, as this game has probably come a bit soon for me to afford, I’m wondering what’s the best way to get myself up the ticket ladder for the next campaign?

I’m still in college and only working part time, but haven’t missed a home game in years - although have never bought a season ticket.

For the next campaign should I be buying a season ticket, and then trying to go to 2/3 of the cheaper aways to get myself in the door?

Thanks

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Just out of interest lads, as this game has probably come a bit soon for me to afford, I’m wondering what’s the best way to get myself up the ticket ladder for the next campaign?

I’m still in college and only working part time, but haven’t missed a home game in years - although have never bought a season ticket.

For the next campaign should I be buying a season ticket, and then trying to go to 2/3 of the cheaper aways to get myself in the door?

Thanks
There will be a couple of nations league games next Autumn cant see a problem with tickets for these unless we are in the same group as Northern Ireland and/or wales get a long to these. that should see you sorted for the start of the euro2020 qualifiers

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Posted By: deebee
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 10:33am

Open all year.

Posted By: foggy.nelson
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 10:39am
Was in the Carlsberg factory last April. Pre booked tickets but they never looked for them to do the tour we just walked straight in and at the end gave our tickets to avail of the free beer. Might suit the cheapskate if you can live without a free beer

Posted By: Leitrim_Red
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 10:48am
Originally posted by deebee deebee wrote:

Open all year.

Afraid not. It's only open in the winter for a spell over Halloween and then the Christmas period so won't be on the hit list. Damn shame as it's fantastic. 

Bars wise, The Jane is unmissable.

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 11:10am
Originally posted by foggy.nelson foggy.nelson wrote:

Was in the Carlsberg factory last April. Pre booked tickets but they never looked for them to do the tour we just walked straight in and at the end gave our tickets to avail of the free beer. Might suit the cheapskate if you can live without a free beer

How many beers?

Posted By: foggy.nelson
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 11:23am

Originally posted by foggy.nelson foggy.nelson wrote:

How many beers?

One and a Carlsberg Pin. We wouldn't have bothered only we pre booked. You can still pay for beers there

Posted By: brendy_éire
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 11:24am

Yep, that's it. Getting the ST, and renewing it, is pretty vital for building up your points.
Throw in a few of the cheaper aways over the next couple of years, and you'll be well on your way.

-------------
City Till I Die

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 11:31am
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Yep, that's it. Getting the ST, and renewing it, is pretty vital for building up your points.
Throw in a few of the cheaper aways over the next couple of years, and you'll be well on your way.

It isn't though. They didn't take season tickets into account for the Wales game. Someone with 4 Aways and 0 season tickets were higher priority than someone with 3 aways and 4 season tickets.

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 11:53am
Shouldn't have been like that but it seems it was. But anyway, nations league away games should be the way to go. There shouldn't be too much hassle building up a history at those.

-------------

Posted By: bren2001
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 11:53am
Was the tour any use?

Posted By: fra1879
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 11:58am
best way to see Copenhagen is on the canals, you can hire GO boat a small engine powered boat that fits up to 8, about 400kr (€50) an hour divided by however many on. one of the lads has to pilot it but no experience needed and you can bring on your own food and cans, mind you it will be cold. also the nettobadene (Netto boat) is bigger and will have a guide talking in English about 40 kr (€5) each.
if you're walking around Nyhavn is really nice but stay away from the bars, expensive. 
 Favourite Irish bar is Kennedys, best Guinness in CPH about 45kr (€6).
best can spot will probably be outside the dubliner, big open space with no cars, Poznan square but a lot smaller. cans are same price as home and fags are a lot cheaper. 

Posted By: brendy_éire
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 12:15pm

It isn't though. They didn't take season tickets into account for the Wales game. Someone with 4 Aways and 0 season tickets were higher priority than someone with 3 aways and 4 season tickets.
Well, I'll qualify it by stating that the ST gives you more points than buying match tickets individually, which will bump up you up the points list.
In reality, no-one knows how away tickets are allocated, or if points even exist.  It still stands to reason that getting an ST, as opposed to individual tickets, is the best way to up your points.

Regarding your example, those with multiple STs/aways on one account, we don't know how they were allocated.  It certainly seemed more random than those with individual accounts.

In short, get an ST, get to the aways if you can, and apply for it all on your own account.

-------------
City Till I Die

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by fra1879 fra1879 wrote:

best way to see Copenhagen is on the canals, you can hire GO boat a small engine powered boat that fits up to 8, about 400kr (€50) an hour divided by however many on. one of the lads has to pilot it but no experience needed and you can bring on your own food and cans, mind you it will be cold. also the nettobadene (Netto boat) is bigger and will have a guide talking in English about 40 kr (€5) each.
if you're walking around Nyhavn is really nice but stay away from the bars, expensive. 
 Favourite Irish bar is Kennedys, best Guinness in CPH about 45kr (€6).
best can spot will probably be outside the dubliner, big open space with no cars, Poznan square but a lot smaller. cans are same price as home and fags are a lot cheaper. 

Great stuff.

Keep the advice coming

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

It's a statue, it's like going to Dublin and coming back with a picture of you and Molly Malone. Wow

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Leitrim_Red Leitrim_Red wrote:

Originally posted by deebee deebee wrote:

Open all year.

Afraid not. It's only open in the winter for a spell over Halloween and then the Christmas period so won't be on the hit list. Damn shame as it's fantastic. 

Bars wise, The Jane is unmissable.

What's The Jane? 

-------------

Posted By: sid waddell
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 12:53pm

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

It's a statue, it's like going to Dublin and coming back with a picture of you and Molly Malone. Wow
Yeah but the Little Mermaid is half a fish whereas Molly Malone sold fish.

-------------
Edited by Trigboy 10 at 10:03pm

Posted By: willmcc83
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 1:06pm
Met the owner of the Dubliner in the Faores in 2012 and Sweden in 2013. Very nice fella.

-------------
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 1:25pm

Thanks

There will be a couple of nations league games next Autumn cant see a problem with tickets for these unless we are in the same group as Northern Ireland and/or wales get a long to these. that should see you sorted for the start of the euro2020 qualifiers

Cheers for the reply lads, on the off chance that I manage to lump it together and go via Abbey Travel, will this game count towards next trips, i.e Do Abbey Travel tickets go on your record, or must they be bought via FAI for future games?

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 1:31pm

Thanks

Cheers for the reply lads, on the off chance that I manage to lump it together and go via Abbey Travel, will this game count towards next trips, i.e Do Abbey Travel tickets go on your record, or must they be bought via FAI for future games?

Yes, they count. And I use them for big matches still to this day when tickets are tight. Tickets from Ticketmaster also count. The names are passed onto the FAI.

Posted By: Reildogg
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 1:44pm

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

1. Tivoli Gardens

That secretary Heart

1. Tivoli Gardens
4. Christiania

Really strange but great place. Outside of the Boozy Billy place referenced above, cheapest beers in the City €2.50 a bottle of Chistiania lager. Shame it'll be chilly

Posted By: rory16
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 1:46pm
Lads, for those looking to nab Danish home tickets, do you think there will be a need to register with a Danish mobile number or will it be relatively straightforward?

Reckon it could be my best bet!

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 1:54pm
Strange why a Spanish based lad would use travel out of Dublin for an away game when they could travel for a lot less from Spain, hmmmm

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 1:59pm

Strange why a Spanish based lad would use travel out of Dublin for an away game when they could travel for a lot less from Spain, hmmmm

Sir, I'm flying from Madrid. LOL (With an internal flight to Madrid) 

I stated that yesterday evening.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net