Subject: Denmark v Ireland - Match Thread
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:15pm
Boom!

Replies:
Posted By: Healy52003
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:18pm
they will be happy with that draw too 

Give it everything out there and bully them

Dont they have an irish guy playing for them ???

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

they will be happy with that draw too 

Give it everything out there and bully them

Dont they have an irish guy playing for them ???

Doubt it. Schmichel said last night he didn't want ourselves

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: alihau41
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:19pm
several big enough games coming up for spurs where eriksen could pick up a timely injury

Posted By: JAVIER
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:20pm
yeahhhhhhhhh

Posted By: JAVIER
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:21pm
delaney a traitor

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:26pm
We actually have a decent record v Denmark.

Sure we scalped them 0-4 in 07 LOL

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Healy52003
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:27pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVgiZGz1Mz8%20" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVgiZGz1Mz8

Posted By: St.Pauli Reloaded 2
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Friendly in Aarhus under Stan LOL last competitive game was in WC85 we were beaten by a great Danish team 3-0 great memories of Copenhagen !

-------------
In Martin and Roy we Trust !

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by St.Pauli Reloaded 2 St.Pauli Reloaded 2 wrote:

Friendly in Aarhus under Stan LOL last competitive game was in WC85 we were beaten by a great Danish team 3-0 great memories of Copenhagen !

You forgetting about the '94 qualifiers

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Posted By: Peter
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:31pm
Buzzing for it. Great draw. Theres a real chance we can get to the dance again since 2002. Hope so too, its a completely different summer when we are in a major tournament.

-------------
Tea???? FECK!!!!!

Posted By: Danny Invincible
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:31pm
Any idea of when the exact dates will be announced?

Posted By: Peter
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:32pm
The FAI will have to arrange that with the Denmark Association. Think Ireland have a Rugby match at home the first weekend so it may need to be the week after? Its all a bit complex.

-------------
Tea???? FECK!!!!!

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Danny Invincible Danny Invincible wrote:

Any idea of when the exact dates will be announced?

This afternoon at some stage

-------------

Posted By: TioPepe
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:34pm
1-1. 

This will be a game of small margins. Denmark play a horrible brand of football, similar to ourselves. Bar Eriksen I think we're stronger in midfield and defence to be fair bar maybe Kjaer. 

Their last game at home, they drew 1-1 against a 10 man Romania team and they scored v an Eriksen penalty. We have absolutely f**k all to fear. Just looking back through their results, they don't seem great at keeping clean sheets either, particularly at home.

Google have the dates as the 9th and 12th.

Posted By: Strazdas
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:35pm
A 'good' draw on paper but it still won't be easy : Denmark would be in and around our level so it's probably a 50-50 tie

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by TioPepe TioPepe wrote:

1-1. 

This will be a game of small margins. Denmark play a horrible brand of football, similar to ourselves. Bar Eriksen I think we're stronger in midfield and defence to be fair bar maybe Kjaer. 

Their last game at home, they drew 1-1 against a 10 man Romania team and they scored v an Eriksen penalty. We have absolutely f**k all to fear. Just looking back through their results, they don't seem great at keeping clean sheets either, particularly at home.

Christensen as well.

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

1-1. 

Christensen as well.

He's a talent, for sure. I think he's better in holding midfield. 

Right back, Dalsgaard from Brentford you'd expect us to get joy from and the same on other side with Drumisi who plays for Betis. I'd know a bit about him, he isn't overly keen on defending.. similar Christie.

Posted By: muscles
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:40pm
Would have preferred the awya leg second leg second but apart form that a great draw

Posted By: TonyNotJack
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:41pm
Gavin Hamilton of world soccer asked on SSN who will get through thought it would be an incredibly close tie, but Eriksen would just swing it.

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:41pm
I'm happier with this draw than I would have been if it had been the Swiss. Notwithstanding, they have performed well in a group full of banana skins, and have ground out tidy results in tough locations. That being said, we have enough in our locker to beat them.

Posted By: JimmyRabbitte
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:42pm
Someone's got to Delaneys' Wiki page already

International career[ https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Thomas_Delaney&action=edit&section=4&editintro=Template:BLP_editintro" rel="nofollow - ]

Delaney made his debut for the Danish under-18 national team in October 2008, and went on to play three matches in total. He played 11 games for the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denmark_national_under-19_football_team" rel="nofollow - - Danish U-21 national team in a friendly against the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italy_national_under-21_football_team" rel="nofollow - - senior national team on 15 October 2013 in a https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification" rel="nofollow - - Malta .

After drawing Ireland in the World cup play-offs Thomas has admitted that the Irish made him the man he is and he won't be upset if the Bhoys in Green turn over his Danish Team

-------------
Lois: Peter, what did you promise me?
Peter: That I wouldn't drink at the stag party.
Lois: And what did you do?
Peter: Drank at the stag pa-- ... Whoa. I almost walked into that one.

Posted By: armahibee
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:46pm
Think we really need an away goal in this, would be nerve wrecking coming into the home leg on a 0-0. Would even prefer a 2-1 defeat

Posted By: greenscene
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by muscles muscles wrote:

Would have preferred the awya leg second leg second but apart form that a great draw
Why? History has shown this doesnt work well for us apart from Iran. The only time we have looked comfortable in a playoff match was against Bosnia, when we were home in the second leg

-------------
WWW.GREENSCENE.ME

Posted By: muscles
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by armahibee armahibee wrote:

Think we really need an away goal in this, would be nerve wrecking coming into the home leg on a 0-0. Would even prefer a 2-1 defeat

Unhappy

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:51pm
3-2 Ireland. 1-1 Copenhagen, 2-1 Dublin.

I think the tactic should be simple. We used it v Wales. Target Eriksen, send Harry Arter after him. Break him off the park, McClean with an early challenge to set the tone as we done v Wales. Arter done a splendid job of putting Ramsey inside an imaginary box. 

A defeat? Has anyone sat down and watched a Denmark game? Please do. Particularly v Montenegro at home and then v Romania recently.

Posted By: Stickittotheman

Yeah away goals do tend to swing the matches. If we score away it gives you the comfort knowing that conceding at home isn't a disaster. Drawing 0-0 would be a bastard of a result as would a 1-0 defeat. Conceding at home then is a catastrophe nearly.

-------------
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!

Posted By: VanBosch
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:54pm

I think the tactic should be simple. We used it v Wales. Target Eriksen, send Harry Arter after him. Break him off the park, McClean with an early challenge to set the tone as we done v Wales. Arter done a splendid job of putting Ramsey inside an imaginary box. 

A defeat? Has anyone sat down and watched a Denmark game? Please do. Particularly v Montenegro at home and then v Romania recently.

Id say the Danes could be saying - "take a look at these guys v Georgia, home and away".

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:54pm
We're better away from home than at home. Don't think we'll lose away and think we'll score. 1-1 in Copenhagan and 2-0 in Lansdowne

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Posted By: BriMurt
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:55pm

I'd be cautious about bullying tactics. Last thing Ireland needs is to be missing players at the home game because of a stupid challenge leading to what should be an avoidable suspension. 

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Yeah away goals do tend to swing the matches. If we score away it gives you the comfort knowing that conceding at home isn't a disaster. Drawing 0-0 would be a bastard of a result as would a 1-0 defeat. Conceding at home then is a catastrophe nearly.

Hate to be in a scenario where they pox a goal half an hour in a we need to scrap two and inevitable fall short. Last time I watched the Danes was in the Euro playoffs and they where quite impressive, no Italy or Croatia thank Christ.

Posted By: davekoolhill
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:57pm
Great draw for us. 

I predict a rocking night in Dublin and hopefully a victory. 

-------------
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DaveOGrady1" rel="nofollow - DaveOGrady1

Posted By: St.Pauli Reloaded 2
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by St.Pauli Reloaded 2 St.Pauli Reloaded 2 wrote:

You forgetting about the '94 qualifiers

Yes completely overlooked that Thumbs Up

-------------
In Martin and Roy we Trust !

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:58pm

We've scored in every away qualifier under MON bar the game against Scotland in 2014.

Posted By: Lenny82
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:00pm
As far as I know, the earliest we can play the home game will be on Tuesday as the rugby is on in Lansdowne on the Saturday and there has to be x amount of days to allow the pitch recovery time. That would suggest that away game is the Saturday night!

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:00pm
That's extremely comforting to know long may it continue

Posted By: Row Z
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:01pm
Have to be happy to have avoided Italy and Croatia. With first leg away from home, all youre looking for is to ensure that we have a chance in the home leg. Lansdowne will be rocking for this. 

-------------
"Just put it up there..."

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:02pm
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. A good draw but Denmark probably slight favourites. By talk of some on here and fb we've already qualified. Let's not get ahead of ourselves

Any Danes going to register on here for some back'n'forth, like with the B&H playoff? Hopefully, if they do, it doesn't turn sour like I recall that one doing. 

Posted By: keith11
Danes got the one they didnt want

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMVo1LTW4AAMGcs.jpg:large" rel="nofollow - https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMVo1LTW4AAMGcs.jpg:large

Posted By: Ibaraki
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:03pm

Preferring to lose than draw? wtf LOL

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by BriMurt BriMurt wrote:

I'd be cautious about bullying tactics. Last thing Ireland needs is to be missing players at the home game because of a stupid challenge leading to what should be an avoidable suspension. 

We're not going to let Eriksen run the show now. Meyler misses the first leg anyway when he's let lose it should be his first order of business. 

Hopefully McCarthy is back.

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. A good draw but Denmark probably slight favourites. By talk of some on here and fb we've already qualified. Let's not get ahead of ourselves

Yes, I'd have Denmark slightly ahead of us in terms of results in the last two years. It's very much a 50-50 tie.

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:10pm
Hopefully Schmeichel makes a hames of it at some point like he did last night! As pointed out we are still underdogs but on paper that is definitely the best draw we could have hoped for.

Posted By: MadsV
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:11pm
Hi! Dane here

Was curious to see your reaction to the draw.

Fairly happy with the draw myself - was just trying to avoid Sweden really, but Northern Ireland would have been prefered.

Going to be an interesting matchup. I think we have a slight advantage man-to-man and we've been playing a bit better recently. 

Danish media is a bit anxious about playing in Dublin in front of passionate Irish fans, but I reckon the fans will have a good time with each other outside the pitch Smile 2 nations with a similar mentality and loves a good pint.

Posted By: aleco
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:12pm
Looking for advice.

Have booked my flights to Hamburg and was wondering what my chances of tickets are. Don't normally travel to individual away games, but we are season ticket holders for guts of 8 years. Did get allocated tickets for Euros in France,but not for Poland (had to find my own). 

So,can experienced travellers tell me if we are likely, as season ticket holders, to be allocated 3 tickets . (we have four season tickets)

Thanks

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by BriMurt BriMurt wrote:

Any Danes going to register on here for some back'n'forth, like with the B&H playoff? Hopefully, if they do, it doesn't turn sour like I recall that one doing. 

The Danes are very friendly people and chilled out. I can't imagine any aggro from them at all.

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:18pm
I just have a feeling we will beat Denmark.  It will be like a low quality prem league game. 

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: Stickittotheman
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I just have a feeling we will beat Denmark.  It will be like a low quality prem league game. 

Yeah its got that look to it. Two fairly limited teams- they have Eriksen who probably gives them a slight edge but we have nothing to fear and it is truly a 50/50 tie. Could go either way.

-------------
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:25pm
Eriksen will be the best player on the pitch no doubt, he'll have to be nullified. Meyler and Brady are suspended for the first leg aren't they? Meyler will be more of a loss. Such a stupid booking although it wasted a few more valuable seconds in Cardiff.
I've a feeling we will come away with a 1-1 in Copenhagen and if so we'll have all the momentum and will beat them in Dublin

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Eriksen will be the best player on the pitch no doubt, he'll have to be nullified. Meyler and Brady are suspended for the first leg aren't they? Meyler will be more of a loss. Such a stupid booking although it wasted a few more valuable seconds in Cardiff.
I've a feeling we will come away with a 1-1 in Copenhagen and if so we'll have all the momentum and will beat them in Dublin

Meyler is suspended, Brady was suspended for the Moldova game alright but he's available for the Danish game. 

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: SeanCruz
Dates up! On the Danish Football FA Twitter

11th November 20:45 KO

Dublin 14th November 19:45 KO

Posted By: mouldymould
Confirmed for 14th November, 7:45pm kickoff

Thanks - we usually get along with Irish people Smile

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by MadsV MadsV wrote:

Hi! Dane here

Fairly happy with the draw myself - was just trying to avoid Sweden really, but Northern Ireland would have been prefered.

Going to be an interesting matchup. I think we have a slight advantage man-to-man and we've been playing a bit better recently. 

Danish media is a bit anxious about playing in Dublin in front of passionate Irish fans, but I reckon the fans will have a good time with each other outside the pitch Smile 2 nations with a similar mentality and loves a good pint.

jaysus your English is good

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:31pm
Confirmed, away Saturday, home Tuesday.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:36pm
Thanks, I did stay in London for a while, but most Danes speak fairly good English, apart from the awful "Danglish" pronounciation 

Posted By: djhegzy
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:41pm
couldnt have asked for more, hotel booked in advance, now hoping this 3 presale code works tomrrow LOL

Posted By: greenmachine68
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:44pm
Where are we seeing the confirmed dates?

-------------
theres only one tony grealish

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by greenmachine68 greenmachine68 wrote:

Where are we seeing the confirmed dates?
RTE

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:48pm
I think Denmark are fairly comparable to Bosnia from a few years ago.

1/2 Very good players that we don't have (Eriksen / Pjanic / Dzeko) - Pjanic is arguably in the same class as Eriksen and didn't get a tap of the ball in either games, and I expect us to nullify Eriksen similarly.

Comparing the other 9/10 players is similar to comparing us to Wales etc.  

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

Hi! Dane here

Scandinavians in general not just the Danes tend to have reasonably good English

-------------

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:52pm
Anyone know what time kick off will be in the first leg?

Posted By: Eusebio
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:53pm

8.45pm local time

Posted By: cullenswood
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:53pm

19:45

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

Hi! Dane here

Scandinavians in general not just the Danes tend to have reasonably good English

I know, they put us all to shame!! actually think the english is too good and is probably just your man sbyrne setting up another account

Posted By: mouldymould
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:01pm

8:45pm local time

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:05pm
Haha, I swear I'm Danish Beer 

Posted By: mandrake
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:06pm

the gaffer knows how to beat them

-------------
Come on Irelind

Posted By: Fozzy B
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:13pm
a saturday night in Copenhagen on the beer with the danish fans. there is going to be a lot of early flights home missed.LOLLOL 

Posted By: leesider
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

couldnt have asked for more, hotel booked in advance, now hoping this 3 presale code works tomrrow LOL

I am a Three customer and I didn't get a presale code.
Edit:it's OK I got one now

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:40pm
well i signed up for 3plus, and clicked playoff tickets, they then texted me a 9 digit code?

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:44pm
https://twitter.com/ThreeIreland/status/918826044416815105" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/ThreeIreland/status/918826044416815105

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:49pm
Works with a lot of Danes and they are quite happy with draw, Are pleased just to avoid Swedes more

They believe they are favorites due to Eriksen.

Can see it being a tight affair  1-1 in Kobenhavn and 2-1 in Dublin

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

1/2 Very good players that we don't have (Eriksen / Pjanic / Dzeko) - Pjanic is arguably in the same class as Eriksen and didn't get a tap of the ball in either games, and I expect us to nullify Eriksen similarly.

Exactly my thoughts. Both have top top goalkeepers as well in Begovic and Mini Peter. We nullified Allen and Ramsey this month, Ramsey on form is a good of a player as Eriksen. He's not Gareth Bale we don't need to worry about a 45 yard run from the halfway line at pace and a top corner effort. 

Posted By: niallmc
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Works with a lot of Danes and they are quite happy with draw, Are pleased just to avoid Swedes more

They believe they are favorites due to Eriksen.

Can see it being a tight affair  1-1 in Kobenhavn and 2-1 in Dublin

Agree, I think this is our best our best shot at getting through. The Danes are not that strong a side.

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:02pm

Exactly my thoughts. Both have top top goalkeepers as well in Begovic and Mini Peter. We nullified Allen and Ramsey this month, Ramsey on form is a good of a player as Eriksen. He's not Gareth Bale we don't need to worry about a 45 yard run from the halfway line at pace and a top corner effort. 

They have a top keeper who’s at the wrong end of the Premier League table, not all his fault obviously, but he’s not world class.

Few tackles on Eriksen to set the tempo and we’ll be on our way - he does play for spurs after all, those boys love a good bottle job.

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:04pm
Looking at Danes last few games mostly seem to line up with 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 lineup

---------------Schmeichel----------------
Durmis-Kjaer-Christiansen-Dalsgaard-
-------------Kvist-Eriksen--Delaney---------
--------Poulsen- Bendtner*--Sisto

*I think when fit Jørgensen will play if fit

Posted By: darmack
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:13pm
Danish journalist talking to Ray D'Arcy there and he said the title for his article tomorrow is 'we're going to the World Cup'

If they're all like this they need to be taken down a peg or 3

-------------
The dark side.. And the light

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:16pm
That's not really the general opinion though. We're happy not to have drawn Sweden (since we always end up playing them) but Northern Ireland or Greece would have been prefered 

Posted By: GUFC_Andy
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:17pm
Danish twitter are delighted with the draw and most seem to think they’ll get through comfortably

-------------
Don't ban me for no reason, please.

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:17pm

Looking at Danes last few games mostly seem to line up with 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 lineup

I think you've Dalsgaard and Durmis on the wrong sides.

Cornelius also can come into the side in place of Sisto. Luckily for us Jorgensen isn't quite at the levels he hit last season.

I think their style suits us. It's an aerial battle. Interesting, as many polls in Denmark/Online showed Danes wanted us least due to our ability to sit in and essentially kill matches. Players like Eriksen don't thrive in a MON system.

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Danish journalist talking to Ray D'Arcy there and he said the title for his article tomorrow is 'we're going to the World Cup'

Yes, he writes for Extrabladet. He sounded very confident and pointed out that Denmark had won four qualifiers in a row. He has it as 60-40 in favour of Denmark.

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:36pm

heard him,a right cocky f**ker

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: kearney304
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:38pm
Lads you have to laugh. I'm not knocking Denmark because I'm not stupid but they are no where near a top side. They are favourites of course but that means nothing. 

Lord started the last game. Best draw possible. 

Can't wait. Drew with Romania last game. Hardly shaking in our boots with fear. 

Posted By: delidamo
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:43pm
Can't see there being more than 1 goal in it over 2 legs but without sounding cocky, it's without doubt the most favourable draw for us. The playoff victory over Bosnia to get into the Euros was very impressive and i think i similar performance will be enough to see us through. 

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:45pm

We hear this every time. The Bosnians thought they would be favorites, the Welsh didn’t shut up, the Austrians thought they were better than us... fairly sure even the Estonians thought they had a 60/40 chance in the play-offs too.

Ireland will have to perform seriously under par to not progress is my very honest opinion.

If you’re a team that has similar ability to us - then you aren’t favorites. Our players make up for their inferiorities with sheer aggression, drive and passion - something the Danes are severely lacking.

If we can get a scored draw in the away leg, we’ll bring them back to Dublin and do a number on them - they might have some decent players, but I don’t see them fancying that trip to Dublin needing a win.

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Yes, he writes for Extrabladet. He sounded very confident and pointed out that Denmark had won four qualifiers in a row. He has it as 60-40 in favour of Denmark.

'James McClean, Daryl Murphy, Jeff Hendrick, Robbie Brady, Shane Duffy, Shane Long and David Meyler are hardly names that sound quite familiar with many Danes'

To quote a section from his newspaper. Yet their breaking news headline is Shakespear has been sacked LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:52pm

Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

'James McClean, Daryl Murphy, Jeff Hendrick, Robbie Brady, Shane Duffy, Shane Long and David Meyler are hardly names that sound quite familiar with many Danes'

To quote a section from his newspaper. Yet their breaking news headline is Shakespear has been sacked LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

His point was that Ireland has no star names or anyone playing at a very high level. But we heard all this from the Bosnians in 2015 too.

Posted By: The O'Shea
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:59pm
I think it will be settled by 1 goal either way, can't see it being a demolition for either side.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 5:02pm
A more realistic comment from a Danish poster on the same article that's currently being dissected:
-
Allan, everyone who watches football more than every other month is very familiar with the Irish players :) no class players, no maybe not. However, losing 2-1 to the hosts in the 1/8 finals testifies after all about a form of class. Was Denmark included? Has Denmark been bubbly over against Poland? What does Denmark do when the man detects CE? I hope we manage it, but to say we are favorites, tjaaa. It must be for a bill, which of course also is :) I do not buy the favorite dignity. But in fact, I feel 52/48 to Ireland, due to home ground in first match. They get 0-0 from the park and then we need to see if we can score a single out. Come on DK, we miss seeing you to the final round. It's all the more fun to see the final round when Dk participates :)
-

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 5:08pm

If you’re a team that has similar ability to us - then you aren’t favorites. Our players make up for their inferiorities with sheer aggression, drive and passion - something the Danes are severely lacking.

I'm no expert on the Danish team, but I still feel like this notion should be qualified with a few instances of when the Danes weren't arsed. But even then, Ireland have had moments of gutlessness over this campaign and down through the years, too. 

Really, you can't take the level of commitment for granted, and we'll just have to see what effort the teams put into the two games. 

Posted By: darragh90
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 5:11pm
Any danes on yellows coming into this or already suspended?

Whats our yellow card situation?

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 5:11pm

I think you've Dalsgaard and Durmis on the wrong sides.

Cornelius also can come into the side in place of Sisto. Luckily for us Jorgensen isn't quite at the levels he hit last season.

I think their style suits us. It's an aerial battle. Interesting, as many polls in Denmark/Online showed Danes wanted us least due to our ability to sit in and essentially kill matches. Players like Eriksen don't thrive in a MON system.

Always for some mad reason I reverse left and right back when putting lineups down

But yeah Cornelius could come in as could Dolberg.

Lasse Schone could also play

Posted By: Gashley Grimes
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 5:24pm
Great draw and away first, we couldn't have asked for better.

Would love another performance like in 1992 maybe a score draw this time ahead of home tie.
People in the Danish press comparing Eriksen to Michael Laudrup.

Not sure about this, the Laudrup's Brian & Michael were top drawer.

I can see Harry Arter possibly doing a man marking job on him.
Hopefully everybody stays fit over the coming weeks.

Be gutted if a lad called Delaney & Co. was to get the better of us.
Roll on November.

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 5:31pm
Ekstra Bladet is like Daily Mirror so I wouldn't take it too seriously

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by aleco aleco wrote:

Looking for advice.

Have booked my flights to Hamburg and was wondering what my chances of tickets are. Don't normally travel to individual away games, but we are season ticket holders for guts of 8 years. Did get allocated tickets for Euros in France,but not for Poland (had to find my own). 

So,can experienced travellers tell me if we are likely, as season ticket holders, to be allocated 3 tickets . (we have four season tickets)

Thanks

This will be the same for the Wales game, you need two years of season tickets and a minimum of 4 away games over the last two campaigns. The Euro's are not included. 

It may be slightly different but it wont be far off that 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: GB 1HughJarse
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 5:46pm
Football rankings info predictions:

After 2 legs:

Ireland     42%
Denmark 51%
Penalties   7%

Norn Iron 22%
Switz       72%
Penalties   6%

Croatia     70%
Greece     24%
Penalties    6%

Italy        65%       
Sweden   29%
Penalties   6%

Posted By: amccarten313
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 5:51pm

bulletin board material

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net