Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Sparkling Water
Posted By: Green Devil
Subject: Sparkling Water
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 12:00am
Anyone else a fan?

Would drink 2 or 3 bottles a day of the stuff, a top drink imo Clap

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Replies:
Posted By: TioPepe
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 12:01am
San Pellegrino...

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 12:04am
would drink it if there was no more still water left in work or a hotel room but wouldn't be a huge fan.

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 12:08am
Used to hate the stuff back when I was kid, but absolutely love it now.

I don't drink much 7up/Fanta/Coke etc so it probably helps getting my daily intake of water whether still or sparking.

San Pellegrino is qualty Clap  Volvic do a lovely sparkling water too, can't beat a flavoured water!

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 6:39am
I'm a still water man myself particuarly at work.

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 7:10am
Yep if driving it's the only thing I drink on a night out , ohhh and the odd coffee .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 7:56am
Love the stuff. Would mostly drink still but sparking every so often is amazingly refreshing.

Awesome for hangover

Posted By: Charlton's Child
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 8:03am
Dredd the stuff nothing worse than picking up a bottle and discovering its sparking water , Still water all day long

Posted By: bogball88
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 8:07am
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Dredd the stuff nothing worse than picking up a bottle and discovering its sparking water , Still water all day long

This as well

Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 8:31am
Sparkling water with a dash of blackcurrant is my new go to drink, top notch!

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 9:19am
Yeah only got into fizzy water the past few years but much nicer now with a meal or something. 

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 9:23am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

I'm a still water man myself particuarly at work.

Thought you lived on a diet of DM only. 

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: adineen98
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 9:28am
Absolutely revolting stuff

-------------
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 9:36am
Hate the stuff. Nothing worse than when you're parched in a hotel room and you take a big swig from a water bottle and to your shock it's sparkling water.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: max
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 9:43am
Mam is German, been drinking nothing but it from a young age LOL

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 9:47am
Originally posted by max max wrote:

Mam is German, been drinking nothing but it from a young age LOL

Yup it's massive on the continent. unless you ask for still water they give you sparkling

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 9:50am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Hate the stuff. Nothing worse than when you're parched in a hotel room and you take a big swig from a water bottle and to your shock it's sparkling water.

Away in Poland. Switch the water in the bottle for vodka. Morning after night before one of the boys with a mouth like a nuns nasty takes a massive swig. Cue absolute scenes! 

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: GB 1HughJarse
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 9:51am
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

+1

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 9:52am
Sparkling Water

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 10:07am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Away in Poland. Switch the water in the bottle for vodka. Morning after night before one of the boys with a mouth like a nuns nasty takes a massive swig. Cue absolute scenes! 
DeadLOL

I can only imagine.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 10:10am
Have got into it recently - Find it good for the hangover.
Our new office at work has a tap that does still water as well as sparkling - a game changer !

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 10:23am
That's two people now that have espoused the benefits of sparkling water for a hangover. Will give it a ding next time I'm dying.

Posted By: PaulB
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 10:28am
Its dott cotton. Hard to beat a cold bottle of still though,

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 11:36am
having gotten sparlking water so often in Europe, I don't mind it now, but would always pick normal water first. 

What makes it sparking? And is it just the same as normal water? 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

having gotten sparlking water so often in Europe, I don't mind it now, but would always pick normal water first. 

What makes it sparking? And is it just the same as normal water? 

It’s carbonated water. Water that has had carbon dioxide applied under pressure to it.
Wouldnt be too keen on it but have heard it’s great for a hangover alright

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 11:14pm
It's quality for a hangover, not on the level of a bottle of Lucozade but definitely worth a bottle or two when on deaths door after a session.

The amount of people who are in disbelief that you drink sparkling water is gas (pun intended) LOL

-------------

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 11:18pm
wouldn't even wash my feet in sparkling water DeadDeadDeadDead

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 8:25am
A recent convert and it quenches a thirst big time. Lovely with ice and a slice of lemon.

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: AntrimMan
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 10:57am
This thread made me curious so picked up a bottle of this after sinking a bottle of red wine last night. Did the trick nicely.

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 11:18am
"Still or Sparkling Sir?"
I'll have tap water thank you very much.

Paying for water Thumbs Down and Sparkling water is just sick Dead

-------------

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 11:20am

An absolute sham of a beverage. No character, no depth. It doesn't have the history of non sparkling water. It's a modern day snake oil created by marketing suits in order to con the great unwashed out of their few bob. It's a monument to the worst excesses of this noxious consumer society we live in.

There's nothing as deflating as opening a bottle of water when thirsty and hearing that release of gaseous fizz and releasing that you've got that muck instead of still water.

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

An absolute sham of a beverage. No character, no depth. It doesn't have the history of non sparkling water. It's a modern day snake oil created by marketing suits in order to con the great unwashed out of their few bob. It's a monument to the worst excesses of this noxious consumer society we live in.

There's nothing as deflating as opening a bottle of water when thirsty and hearing that release of gaseous fizz and releasing that you've got that muck instead of still water.

There is nothing worse when you ask phily k to get the water for half time at eurofan playing in over 30 degree heat and you reach for for refreshing drink only to be poisoned by hot sparkling water.

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

There is nothing worse
when you ask phily k to get the water for half time at eurofan playing in over 30 degree heat and you reach for for refreshing drink only to be poisoned by hot sparkling water.
AIDS is worse.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

There is nothing worse
when you ask phily k to get the water for half time at eurofan playing in over 30 degree heat and you reach for for refreshing drink only to be poisoned by hot sparkling water.

Aids is worse.

Martin O Neill is worse

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: DonkeyOatey
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

There is nothing worse

Aids is worse.

Martin O Neill is worse

I agree with drogaddict, I'd take the aids and take them from phillyk if it was a choice between that and sparkling water mid game in the Ukrainian heat.

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 6:04pm

There is nothing worse

AIDS is worse.

AIDS is worse overall, yes I'll accept that. However AIDS hasn't actually affected me personally where as sparkling water has.

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 6:11pm

There is nothing worse

AIDS is worse.

AIDS is worse overall, yes I'll accept that. However AIDS hasn't actually affected me personally where as sparkling water has.
    how very magnanimous of you.

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 7:14pm

haha, happened all too often that I just got used to it.
Absolutely love it in Germany they do. Even gone into hotel rooms where they only have sparking.

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

haha, happened all too often that I just got used to it.
Absolutely love it in Germany they do. Even gone into hotel rooms where they only have sparking.

Dodgy electrics ?

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: Steve Amsterdam
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 12:14am
Sparkling all day. My beverage intake pretty much consists of milk, sparkling water and beer. Depending on the time of day. Not a fan of still.

-------------
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 8:18am
I'd rather shove my genitals in a beehive that drink sparkling water.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: the_walls
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 8:27am
Sparkling water is the true devils buttermilk.

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 4:10pm
It's the best hangover cure going

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Better than a blowjob and a bacon sandwich? Don't get me wrong, it helps, but that is a serious statement.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: GB 1HughJarse
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 8:44pm

Better than a blowjob and a bacon sandwich? Don't get me wrong, it helps, but that is a serious statement.

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Spot on PM

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 8:58am
Been on it all week and I am also buying into the logic that it helps the hangover.

Posted By: AntrimMan
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 9:39am
I am 100% converted. It is amazing for a red wine hangover

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 9:02am
Heavy heavy bank holiday weekend. Still water just wouldnt cut it.

Have fallen for the carbonated kind Heart

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 9:04am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Heavy heavy bank holiday weekend. Still water just wouldnt cut it.

Have fallen for the carbonated kind Heart

It's a hangovers dream

Posted By: GoneToShowgies
Date Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 9:17am
phiss

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 08 May 2018 at 8:57am
I’ve changed jobs recently and the company has sparkling water on tap.

Used to hate the stuff but tried it a few weeks ago after being on the beers. Have to say it’s lovely for a hangover and now I drink it all day.

If you haven’t tried it for years give it a go.

-------------

Posted By: Charlton's Child
Date Posted: 08 May 2018 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I’ve changed jobs recently and the company has sparkling water on tap.

Used to hate the stuff but tried it a few weeks ago after being on the beers. Have to say it’s lovely for a hangover and now I drink it all day.

If you haven’t tried it for years give it a go.

The Boom is Back !!! 

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net