Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 8:13pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Jake Doyle-Hayes
Posted By: Pauldaly1984
Subject: Jake Doyle-Hayes
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 2:12pm
Anyone know anything about this lad?
Gets a good write up from villas tour of Germany

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-germany-watch-out-13374591" rel="nofollow - http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-germany-watch-out-13374591

Replies:
Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 5:57pm
18 year old playing for Villa being touted as the next big thing. Where did we hear that before?

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Posted By: Luis Amor Rodriguez
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 10:12pm
At least he's born in Ireland, so there won't be any twitter-twatter, will-he, won't-he going on.  

Good spot Paul.  Nice to know of young lads coming through.

Posted By: Neil Armstrong
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 10:20am
His parents are from Dublin I think live in Ballyjamesduff - Cavan, product of the CMUL underage league afaik.

-------------
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!

Posted By: AVFCAnne
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 12:32pm
Possibly an exaggeration to say he's the 'next big thing' but he's a decent midfielder whose range of passing is quite impressive.

He is champing at the bit for first team action but it remains to be seen whether Bruce will involve him, or any of the Villa youngsters, in a meaningful way.

Fingers crossed for him.

Posted By: grannyrule
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 8:15pm
Starts tonight in midfield for Aston Villa v Middlesbrough in the Carabao Cup

-------------
The only way is up

Posted By: Pauldaly1984
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 8:00pm
Anyone hear how he did?

Posted By: Mr. Snrub
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 8:36pm
https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/aston-villa-18-year-old-cavan-midfielder-137538" rel="nofollow - https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/aston-villa-18-year-old-cavan-midfielder-137538

-------------
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"

Posted By: doherty
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 8:47pm
Looks and sounds promising from those comments.

Posted By: mully_85
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 8:59pm
only downside I hear is that he eats his dinner out of his bedroom drawer.

Posted By: korourke
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 3:18am
Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

You mean...you don't?

Posted By: smart man
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 3:05pm
A few nights on the town with Jack grealish and he soon learn to stand his round

-------------
alive and kicking

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 3:07pm

I hope he at least boils his underpants before eating them.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: mully_85
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 4:52pm
lolol why is there not a like function on this forum!! 

Posted By: Fanny MaGee
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 2:29pm

lolol why is there not a like function on this forum!! 

just do this Thumbs Up
of if you really really like it, this Heart

kinda like that Facetube thing the kids are all using.

Posted By: The O'Shea
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 8:59pm
Provided the assist for Cheltenhams goal in their playoff with Northampton. Sean Long also starting for Cheltenham. Michael Harriman and Alan McCormack start for Northampton.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Posted By: Green Cockade
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 9:28pm
Pierce Sweeney on for Exeter in the earlier game against Colchester. A former contemporary of Sean Long at Reading.

Posted By: Hotlips_Hoolahan
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 11:40pm
Linked with Dundee United, which would be a pretty underwhelming move considering St. Mirren was viewed as a platform to bigger and better things.

I thought he would've done enough to warrant interest from the Championship or League One.

-------------
You know Spider, you're a f**kin' mumbling stuttering little f**k. You know that?

Posted By: Frabhoy
Date Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Linked with Dundee United, which would be a pretty underwhelming move considering St. Mirren was viewed as a platform to bigger and better things.

I thought he would've done enough to warrant interest from the Championship or League One.

A move to a Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Hibs or Hearts would be considered a step up in Scotland from St Mirren. Even if they performed quite well this season. 

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 12:32pm
Move to Dundee United off after they got tired of his agent stringing them along: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/renfrewshire/dundee-united-decide-against-signing-24427531" rel="nofollow - https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/renfrewshire/dundee-united-decide-against-signing-24427531 .

-------------
You know Spider, you're a f**kin' mumbling stuttering little f**k. You know that?

Posted By: exgrad
Date Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 2:20pm
Obviously Dundee got wind he had a better offer elsewhere and jumped before they were dumped.

Posted By: kevin100
Date Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 3:40pm
Yes my own thinking is maybe he has got a better offer I’d actually be shocked if he couldn’t get one. Will be interesting to see. 

Posted By: You Tell Me
Date Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 6:14pm
Signs for Hibs on a 2 year deal.

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Signs for Hibs on a 2 year deal.

This makes sense that he got the better offer. Good step for him at his age hit the ground running and he mightn’t be long getting a bigger move again in 2/3 years time. This lad is a cracking little player id be dissapointed if he didn’t kick on and star for Hibs again. 

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 7:25am
Should be a good move for Jake.

Good luck to him.

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 7:16am
https://youtu.be/-8ADnkO2Q3E" rel="nofollow - https://youtu.be/-8ADnkO2Q3E

Decent interview with Jake Doyle-Hayes from Hibs.

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 9:17pm
Watched a bit of this tonight. Really impressed with Doyle Hayes having a fine game. Knight Molumby Coventry Kilkenny Noss Johansson etc tend to get most of our attention but Doyle Hayes is flying under the radar.

Developing into a fine midfielder and still only 22 quite young. Has a two year contract at Hibs and no doubt the intention is hit the ground running impress and potentially get in line for an improved move again. Looking at him tonight there’s every chance he will do that. Could be one to watch. 

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 9:37am
Has played a lot of first team football and showing the benefit of that. A season in League 2, then a season with St Mirren and looks like he'll get plenty of game time at Hibs this year.

Hibs are a team that are extensively watched by scouts and are a good club to be at if you want to move on to a Championship or even bottom half EPL team. No doubt that will be JDH's intention, so it's up to him to continue to perform at Hibs if he wants that to happen.

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 11:33am

Has played a lot of first team football and showing the benefit of that. A season in League 2, then a season with St Mirren and looks like he'll get plenty of game time at Hibs this year.

Hibs are a team that are extensively watched by scouts and are a good club to be at if you want to move on to a Championship or even bottom half EPL team. No doubt that will be JDH's intention, so it's up to him to continue to perform at Hibs if he wants that to happen.

Neatly summed up yes. I thought he was very impressive last night and he got MOTM after so I wasn’t the only one it wasn’t Irish delusion thank god. 

2 year contract so if he keeps hitting the ground running and I think he will it will be interesting to see will he start attracting better interest again in the next year or so even. I’d be hopeful he will he’s a fine player.  

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 6:09pm
Off to a flyer at Hibs it seems, great reports about his performance again today. The standard of opposition (Ross County - game was over as a contest at half time) needs to be taken into account but encouraging nonetheless.

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 9:11pm
Given our struggles in midfield we're going to have to take a look at this lad in the senior squad before long. Seems to be a standout week after week in a very decent Hibs team, despite having had to deal with a blast of Covid since the start of the season. 

Was unlucky not to get more of a chance for our under 21s in the last campaign, albeit there was a lot of competition in that position - Knight, Molumby, Taylor, Coventry etc. He's certainly catching up with them in senior football though, a bit like Scully he is showing the benefit of playing plenty of league football at an early stage of his career.

Posted By: doherty
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 9:56pm
If the SPL goes bust were fooked

-------------
I love beer gardens

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 10:04pm

Given our struggles in midfield we're going to have to take a look at this lad in the senior squad before long. Seems to be a standout week after week in a very decent Hibs team, despite having had to deal with a blast of Covid since the start of the season. 

Was unlucky not to get more of a chance for our under 21s in the last campaign, albeit there was a lot of competition in that position - Knight, Molumby, Taylor, Coventry etc. He's certainly catching up with them in senior football though, a bit like Scully he is showing the benefit of playing plenty of league football at an early stage of his career.

Didn't see him today but have down a few times and he's so good on the ball/very rarely gives it away. You wouldn't have got the ball off him in a telephone box the few days I see him. 

He really ought to get a look in for a friendly soon if staying fit playing regularly and impressing. It mightn't be long before he moves on again to a higher level as regards club also the 2 year contract was signed with this in mind I think. Looks like he would suit a passing style which is what Kenny's trying to bring in! 

Posted By: Eoink21
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 11:32am
not saying ye are wrong but a quick check on the game yesterday informs me that he didn't start for Hibs. Came on at half time. Bad timing maybe....

Posted By: J89
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

not saying ye are wrong but a quick check on the game yesterday informs me that he didn't start for Hibs. Came on at half time. Bad timing maybe....

Hasn't been training as he's still feeling the affects from an illness according to Jack Ross. As You Tell Me said he had Covid recently.

Posted By: John Nice
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 1:00pm
I'd imagine this squad comes too early for him especially due to the recent illness, but I'd hope to see him get a chance next March in the friendlies.

-------------
Idah Dream!

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Yes, he's still coming back from Covid, seemed to get a bad enough dose of it for someone his age. Came on at half time and had a significant positive effect on the game. He's a definite starter for Hibs once back to full fitness. Him and Boyle, who is a regular starter for Australia, have been their best players so far this season.

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 10:52pm
New long-term contract at Hibs:  https://www.the42.ie/jake-doyle-hayes-new-hibs-contract-5606832-Nov2021/" rel="nofollow - https://www.the42.ie/jake-doyle-hayes-new-hibs-contract-5606832-Nov2021/ .

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 6:01pm
Played the full 90 today as Hibs knocked Rangers 2012 out of the Scottish League Cup.

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 6:14pm

Played the full 90 today as Hibs knocked Rangers 2012 out of the Scottish League Cup.

Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 6:26pm
Second season in a row that he's done that actually. Played the full 90 for St Mirren when they beat the same opposition last season.

Didn't see the game but reports are that he played very well in central midfield today.

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 7:32pm

That's called having your Jake and eating it too.

-------------

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

That's called having your Jake and eating it too.
seven lifetime bans if you attempt such a poor effort at humour ever again.Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 3:25pm
Fair play, looks a good player, but is he similar to what Cullen/Kilkenny offer?
HIBERNIAN HAVE HANDED a new long-term contract to Jake Doyle-Hayes, who joined the club on a two-year deal ahead of the start of the season.

After taking note of the immediate impact he has made in Edinburgh, Hibs manager Jack Ross has moved swiftly to secure the future of the Irish midfielder by rewarding him with fresh terms that will run until the summer of 2025.

-------------
Idah Dream!

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 7:19pm
Starts tonight

-------------
Idah Dream!

Posted By: Birdcracker
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 10:17pm
Man of the match v rangers tonight.  Outstanding week in week out for Hibs.Needs to be drafted into the Ireland setup. 

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Birdcracker Birdcracker wrote:

Man of the match v rangers tonight.  Outstanding week in week out for Hibs.Needs to be drafted into the Ireland setup. 

Hibs tied his initial 2 year contract down to a long term one recently. Suspect this was for the club with a view to getting a fee for him in 18 months time when he moves on I think he will do in this timeframe if he keeps his form up. Has a similar profile to a certain John Mcginn actually in his development not saying he will go all the way to the PL/linked with Top 6 clubs like Mcginn has but hopefully he goes a fair way there. 

Really like him think he has the potential to go a fair way.

Posted By: Birdcracker
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2022 at 5:34pm
Two goals for Hibs today. Second one a cracker. Playing consistently week in week out. 

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2022 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Birdcracker Birdcracker wrote:

Two goals for Hibs today. Second one a cracker. Playing consistently week in week out. 

First goal was good as well. Excellent technique for the second.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 11:11am
Jake starts in the Scots cup semi v Hearts 12:15 ko today.

On BBC Scotland and Premier Sports.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 2:42pm

Sounds like Jake is off to Forrest Green.

-------------

Posted By: Eoink21
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Sounds like Jake is off to Forrest Green.

After rejecting the permanent deal at Cheltenham when very highly rated there after his loan he is now ending up in a similar position a couple of years later... 

Posted By: darman28
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 5:04pm
What happened to him at Hibs this season? He wasn't playing that much, was it to do with injury or Contract politics?

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 5:09pm

Neither really. Hibs have too many of the same type of players in midfield. Decent, but unspectacular central midfielders who offer next to nothing going forward. JDH was just rated below some of the others so rarely played. He will need to improve if he's ever to become a contender for Ireland caps.

Posted By: darman28
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 5:44pm

Neither really. Hibs have too many of the same type of players in midfield. Decent, but unspectacular central midfielders who offer next to nothing going forward. JDH was just rated below some of the others so rarely played. He will need to improve if he's ever to become a contender for Ireland caps.

Cheers for the update

Posted By: Fozz
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 5:52pm
Has he not been injured for about two months?
Not defending his form, but unfair to say he lost his place when he hasn't been available for selection.

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 5:58pm
He has had injuries, but there's been plenty of times where he's been available but just not picked. Them being seemingly happy enough to let him go tells it's own story.

Posted By: J89
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Has he not been injured for about two months?
Not defending his form, but unfair to say he lost his place when he hasn't been available for selection.

Yes he's been out injured since the start of October. Had surgery for an ankle injury.

Date Posted: 25 May 2023 at 5:56pm
Seems to finally be back in favour at Hibs, started last night in a 4-2 victory over Celtic.

-------------
Idah Dream!

Posted By: turbo10
Date Posted: 25 May 2023 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Seems to finally be back in favour at Hibs, started last night in a 4-2 victory over Celtic.

He was shown a red card for a bad foul on the Celtic striker Oh. It was then controversially downgraded to yellow by VAR.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net