Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=55464
Printed Date: 23 Apr 2024 at 10:02pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: "40 Shades of Green" Book-Irish shirt history
Posted By: irelandshirts
Subject: "40 Shades of Green" Book-Irish shirt history
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 3:11pm
"40 SHADES OF GREEN" THE HISTORY OF THE REPUBLIC OF IRELAND SOCCER SHIRT 1986-2018

UPDATES ON TWITTER   @IRELANDSOCSHIRT

*9TH NOVEMBER 2017*

SECOND EDITION PRINT RUN NOW AVAILABLE

*****FOR LINK ADDRESS SEE FINAL POST BY ME ON PAGE 11 OF THIS THREAD*********

I am very pleased to announce that my book on the history of the humble Republic of Ireland soccer shirt from 1986 to 2018 is now available for *PRE ORDER.

Just in time for Christmas 2017 market so might be an ideal stocking filler for the Irish fan in your life.

The book will retail at €25.00

**FREE DELIVERY IF YOU SPEND €50.00 IE BUY 2 COPIES**

BOOKS TO BE DISPATCHED STARTING 24TH NOVEMBER 2017

The foreword has been written by Robbie Keane and with the approval of Jimmy and Essie Nolan will be dedicated to the memory of their son James Nolan who passed away in Poland in 2012.

The main aim of the book is to promote debate and raise awareness of our proud footballing history and how steps needs to be taken to preserve and display it for future generations to enjoy.

Further updates to follow as and when i have them on @IRELANDSOCSHIRT

-------------
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Replies:
Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 3:12pm
Clap

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Posted By: BohsinMunich
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 3:24pm
Well done

Got the Dalyer book last Christmas so looking forward to sowing up my Xmas 2017 list already

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 4:05pm
What will the book contain?

Will it just be pictures of Jerseys or will it contain stories in regards to them?

Posted By: valo88
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 4:06pm
Great stuff, looking forward to it!

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Will it just be pictures of Jerseys or will it contain stories in regards to them?

It will mainly be images based so we start with jack Charltons first game as manager v Wales in 1986 and this was also Adidas first time as official kit supplier to the FAI.Images of Irish captain Liam Bradys shirt from the game will be interspersed with live action shots from the game with some commentary about the kit/style/design etc.

It is more of a nostalgic trip down memory lane rather than an in depth discussion on fabrics/textile production etc.

-------------

Posted By: Charlton's Child
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 4:36pm
Looking forward to seeing the book

Posted By: depechemode
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 9:35pm
Really looking forward to this . Great memories will come flooding back when I see the jerseys

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

It will mainly be images based so we start with jack Charltons first game as manager v Wales in 1986 and this was also Adidas first time as official kit supplier to the FAI.Images of Irish captain Liam Bradys shirt from the game will be interspersed with live action shots from the game with some commentary about the kit/style/design etc.

It is more of a nostalgic trip down memory lane rather than an in depth discussion on fabrics/textile production etc.

Cool sounds good

Posted By: gspain
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 12:10pm
Great best of luck

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 5:27pm

Very honoured to announce that Irelands record appearances holder who also doubles as our all time leading goal scorer,Mr Robbie Keane has agreed to write the forward to "40 Shades of Green".

I know Jimmy Nolan,James father was instrumental in getting Robbie in board.Robbie has been hugely supportive of the Nolans since 2012 so I just want to put on record our appreciation for Robbies support with this project. #YBIG

-------------

Posted By: greenforever
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 8:32pm
Great stuff Eddie

-------------
I know nothing :-)

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 9:00pm
Great stuff Eddie.

Just make sure you have it proof read yeah?

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Steve Amsterdam
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 9:20pm
Nice one Eddie! I'll pick on up when I'm home around Christmas Thumbs Up

-------------
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Steve it looks like its going to be a numbered/ limited edition print run of just 250 copies which will be sold on line so Il give plenty of notice before they go on sale.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 9:30pm

Steve it looks like its going to be a numbered/ limited edition print run of just 250 copies which will be sold on line so Il give plenty of notice before they go on sale.

Please do Eddie. Thanks. You'll be an Internationally acclaimed author then Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 9:30pm
Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 10:25pm

[QUOTE=Steve Amsterdam] Nice one Eddie! I'll pick on up when I'm home around Christmas Thumbs Up

Steve it looks like its going to be a numbered/ limited edition print run of just 250 copies which will be sold on line so Il give plenty of notice before they go on sale.[/

Please do Eddie. Thanks. You'll be an Internationally acclaimed author then Wink

At least I know Il sell one copy!thanks Steve!

-------------

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 11:11pm
Make that two.

Delighted for you Eddie. And hopefully this will form part of the portfolio to finally get that museum up and running!

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Great stuff Eddie.

Thats very foreword of you.

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Great stuff Eddie.

Big smile

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: BigPodge
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 10:00am
Fair play Irelandshirts Clap

Image result for good luck with the book

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Great stuff Eddie.

A great choice as Robbie is still the greatest Foreword to ever play for us! 

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Jul 2017 at 1:09pm
The virtual museum website irelandsoccershirts.com and "40 Shades of Green" book project does not have a title sponsor or any sponsor for that matter.Apart from a recent successful Go Fund Me campaign to cover the last photo shoot, the project has been totally self funded by myself.

I am very grateful to Irelands leading goalscorer and appearance holder Robbie Keane for writing the forward to the book and lending his support to the project.

The FAI have also given support and co-operation and approval to the book project. Sportsfile have also been brilliant to me in support of the book project thus far.

The book is not a commercial venture for myself personally and as of today,even if all copies are sold when published it will still cost me money to get over the finish line.

I am hoping that any of the FAI main sponsors-Three Ireland, New Balance, SSE Airtricity, Spar, Aviva , DHL , Ford Ireland , Aviva Ireland , Fulfil Nutrition ,Bank of Ireland, DID Electrical or Ladbrokes would like to come on board to help support the books production.

Or if any other corporate sponsor who is reading this post and wants to get involved as the Title sponsor to the Museum website or just the book project please get in touch.

The FAI sponsors always invoke the support and passion of the Irish football fans in their ad campaigns. This Irish fan is bringing that support and passion to this project in the hope that it will invoke the same level of support and passion from our sponsors.

-------------

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2017 at 2:49pm
Love how Robbie remembers James at the end , very touching Clap

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2017 at 7:20pm
Only seeing this thread now Eddie. 

YBIG will promote the book in the run up to the launch via our social media.  

can you do pre orer sales? So if say you think you'll sell more than the 250, you might bump the print to 350 and help you with the costs??

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 29 Jul 2017 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

can you do pre orer sales? So if say you think you'll sell more than the 250, you might bump the print to 350 and help you with the costs??

Really appreciate that Bob.Always had huge support from YBIG.

It will easily sell the 250.The reason I've limited it to 250 copies is if I don't have a sponsor I wont be able to cover personally say the costs of 500 copies or 1000 copies.

I suppose I could look into pre sales as I've already had a lot of people contact me thru the website looking to make sure they get a copy.

Part of me tho would just like to have a good build up to the launch and create some interest.If its all sold before it launches you don't really get any exposure as its no good plugging a book no one has a chance of buying!!!

I also think that having a limited and numbered print run of a smaller number of copies makes it a bit for novel😉 and might create a bit more interest about it as hopefully it would make a nice,unique and relatively inexpensive Christmas gift for the Irish fan in your family.

-------------

Posted By: Ibaraki
Date Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 3:39pm
I'd buy one, although I'll be more inclined to wait for the full history. That will be a book every Irish fan should own.

Date Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Ibaraki Ibaraki wrote:

I'd buy one, although I'll be more inclined to wait for the full history. That will be a book every Irish fan should own.

That is in plainning stages for 2021 the centenary of the FAI.This book being designed that it will slip into the next one if you get me.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 8:18pm
I love how I don't have money for the first book but am already planning the second book.😁 As a wise man once said to me-"go big or go home".

-------------

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 12:03pm

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Really appreciate that Bob.Always had huge support from YBIG.

It will easily sell the 250.The reason I've limited it to 250 copies is if I don't have a sponsor I wont be able to cover personally say the costs of 500 copies or 1000 copies.

I suppose I could look into pre sales as I've already had a lot of people contact me thru the website looking to make sure they get a copy.

Part of me tho would just like to have a good build up to the launch and create some interest.If its all sold before it launches you don't really get any exposure as its no good plugging a book no one has a chance of buying!!!

I also think that having a limited and numbered print run of a smaller number of copies makes it a bit for novel😉 and might create a bit more interest about it as hopefully it would make a nice,unique and relatively inexpensive Christmas gift for the Irish fan in your family.

send us a pm when closer to launch, some images of double page spread would be good 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: Skripi91
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 8:38am
Great foreword bei Keano.
Really looking forward for this book, can´t wait for the launch Thumbs Up

-------------
The Euros gonna hear the Irish ROAR

Posted By: shakeyshamrock
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 11:00am
Looking good! An excellent project - is there going to be an event for the launch?

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by shakeyshamrock shakeyshamrock wrote:

Looking good! An excellent project - is there going to be an event for the launch?

Currently just trying to get the book to print shakeyshamrock and to find a sponsor to help support its costs so no launch event as yet planned but hopefully will be able to do something small.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 12:04pm
Some great news today on the book front.Small steps but important ones.

In the event that Ireland are involved in a World Cup Playoff in November i am hopeful that we will now be in a position to release it just before the home leg in November.

I am still hopeful of a major title sponsor of the FAI coming on board to sponsor the publication costs of the book and discussions are in progress with hopefully news early next week.

I have just had it confirmed that the book will be sold exclusively thru the FAI online shop www.faishop.com and i am very grateful to all those involved behind the scenes who helped to make this happen as every little bit of support helps greatly.

-------------

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 4:14pm
Just getting this now, brilliant work Eddie and I'm sure it'll sell out.

Lovely gesture too dedicating it to James Nolan, could've been any of us it happened to.  RIP.

Best of luck Eddie. Clap

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: The Big Toe Area
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 5:54pm
Been following your quest for a long time, glad to see some progress on the recognition front. I'll definitely be purchasing a copy. Any chance of signed copies?

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Just getting this now, brilliant work Eddie and I'm sure it'll sell out.

Lovely gesture too dedicating it to James Nolan, could've been any of us it happened to.  RIP.

Best of luck Eddie. Clap

Thanks FW.It has been great to have James's family give their blessing to the project and its been a real privilege to get to know the family & his dad jimmy in particular.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 8:03pm
Great work Eddie good to see FAI involved too hopefully first steps towards museum

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by The Big Toe Area The Big Toe Area wrote:

Been following your quest for a long time, glad to see some progress on the recognition front. I'll definitely be purchasing a copy. Any chance of signed copies?

It wouldn't be possible to have the squad or players sign the book after its printed and before it goes on sale but I'm sure if you bring a copy to team hotel before/after a match the lads will oblige you.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 8:51pm

Great work Eddie good to see FAI involved too hopefully first steps towards museum

I'm thankful to the FAI for their approval of the publication of the book and their encouragement.It will be the first time a book like this i believe will have been published about the FAI kit history and one of the first books on any international associations kits.

Hopefully it will raise the profile and start a public debate/discussion on a national football museum in this country.

As Joey the Lips says in The Commitments-"its a start,and I believe in starts".

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 10:00pm

It wouldn't be possible to have the squad or players sign the book after its printed and before it goes on sale but I'm sure if you bring a copy to team hotel before/after a match the lads will oblige you.

I meant your signature! You're the author/curator.

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 8:27pm

I meant your signature! You're the author/curator.

Dad I really appreciate the support but a little more subtle next time!!!😉

Only joking bud.Listen if you want a copy signed i will oblige no problem at all.👍

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 5:48pm
Some brilliant news on the book front.I am delighted to say that both JACC Sports who look after the current New Balance kit contract with the FAI and Three Ireland have come on board with sponsorship and support for "40 Shades of Green".

As part of the link up, Three Ireland have also commissioned a new video piece for their #thecallup campaign which was filmed yesterday and will focus on the story of our historic and famous International football shirts as told thru the eyes of a supporter.

The book(250 copies only) is going to be sold exclusively on the FAI Online store(price to be confirmed)and I am hoping to arrange a special photo-shoot with members of the current Ireland squad wearing some of our older historical kits before the book launch to promote it.

I am looking to arrange a book launch event evening and plans are in early stages but hopefully we can arrange a fan centered evening that includes a pop up museum experience.I will keep YBIG updated if I can get it arranged.

My sincere thanks again to the FAI,JACC and Three Ireland and to the everyone who is supporting this project in big and small ways behind the scenes.

-------------

Posted By: valo88
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 7:17pm
ClapClapClap

Brilliant stuff Eddie! Keep us updated!

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 8:02pm

Great stuff

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 8:16pm
Still tonnes of work to do on all aspects of the book but with 2 huge games coming up this week that could define our campaign the emotions are up!!

The book is finally starting to come together.Attached is a small teaser image of the books cover.Must admit it was lump on throat time when I saw it.

My thanks to Morgan O Brien a graphic artist who works with Galway United for giving his time & expertise to the project purely for the love of the game and to everyone helping behind the scenes who are answering #thecallup in their own ways to help me get this project over the line.

A big word of thanks to Jimmy Nolan and all the Nolan family for their support and encouragement.Hopefully we can deliver a book that will do justice to the memory of their son James.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 8:18pm
Eddie please just make sure it's "foreword" and not "forward" by Robbie Keane unless it's an intentional pun I dunno.

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 8:26pm

Eddie please just make sure it's "foreword" and not "forward" by Robbie Keane unless it's an intentional pun I dunno.

Was the 1st thing I noticed too lol

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 8:47pm
Ah lads your too quick on the draw!!!!We are still tweaking the final images and layout on cover with different shirt placements etc so just a mock up of logo style that is going to run thru the book with the old style numbers of the 1988/90 shirts.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 8:54pm
Best foot forward Eddie yeah?

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: rolo
Date Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 4:33pm

Ah lads your too quick on the draw!!!!We are still tweaking the final images and layout on cover with different shirt placements etc so just a mock up of logo style that is going to run thru the book with the old style numbers of the 1988/90 shirts.

Do you need anyone to do some editing for you?

-------------
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"

Date Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Do you need anyone to do some editing for you?

Might do Rolo.Just finishing all content going to publishers currently so the bones of the book are done, its just got to be put together now.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 8:26pm
Last and very final images finished today and off to publisher tomorrow.Final layout/format/confirmation of book cover etc starts now.6-8 week process so hoping for a launch date of 4th December 2017.

Over 110 unique pieces of Irish International football history are included.The book will cover from Jack Charltons first game v Wales in 1986 to our last home game v Serbia in 2017.

This timespan covers over 220 Senior international matches,32 years,6 managers,6 major tournament finals and over 45 different outfield kits worn by the players not to mention the vast majority of goalkeepers shirts,all Irish tournament suits,boots,tracksuits and pendants are covered.

Hopefully will have some more images of the process as it goes along.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 8:32pm
Huge thanks to Brendan Ryan photography in Dublin for all his work on the book to date.A brilliant product photographer who has really supported this project with time & energy.

Lots of others helping with design and graphics etc all who are giving their time for no financial reward.I couldn't have got this far with out peoples support.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 2:17pm
Good luck.. Let us know when / how we can reserve / order  a copy ?

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

Good luck.. Let us know when / how we can reserve / order  a copy ?

There is only going to be 250 copies published BohsinMunich.With such a small number of copies there is no room for presale/reservation etc.

All copies will be sold exclusively on a first up best dressed basis on the FAO Online stor- FAISHOP.COM.

As i write its set for launch 9am on Monday 4th December 2017 to allow plenty of time for postage around the world.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 12:47pm
ok. Set up an account with faishop

Date Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 9:23am
Slowly but surely all the bits of the jigsaw are coming together for "40 Shades of Green". Into the 2nd draft now after a visit to publishers Lettertec in Cork and hopefully final layout be approved in a few days then onto print.

Still looking at a 4th December 2017 release of all 250 copies on FAISHOP.COM 🍀⚽💚

-------------

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 7:33am
Sounds good.
Cool

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 12:22pm
The book will obviously follow every on field jersey worn by the team since 1986 but other items of fabric from our history like tournament suits,tracksuits and historic training wear will also feature as the teams story is told thru that "medium".

It's not just the glory moments that are covered but all the low moments also as history cant be selective.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 8:34pm
The final draft cover of the book is completed.Some great memories in there from 1986 to present day.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 8:41pm

The final draft cover of the book is completed.Some great memories in there from 1986 to present day.

Congratulations! I look forward to getting a copy!

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 8:42pm

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 8:48pm
I just noticed some new stuff on the website. The Euro 2016 jocks are are phenomenal find!

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 2:26pm
This first edition print run is limited to just 300 copies and ALL copies will only be available for purchase on FAISHOP.COM.

I am hoping to have a pre order facility on the FAISHOP website wuth actual copies of the book hopefully going out in a number of weeks.

I am going to bring the release date forward but will post up all final details in next few days when they are confirmed.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 6:13pm

-------------

Posted By: greenforever
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 7:11pm

Looks great Eddie

-------------
I know nothing :-)

Posted By: depechemode
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 7:38pm
Looks good , Great coffee table book . Started my real run of going to Ireland match’s in 1986 so a lot of memories there.

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 2:34pm
The book starts in 1986 with Jack Charltons first game in charge and the shirt worn by Ireland captain Liam Brady v Wales in Dublin and finishes over 30 years later with the game v Wales in Cardiff on Monday night. I have a few endings already written ready to go to print Tuesday morning depending on the result. Lets hope its the win!

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 10:24pm

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 10:35pm
The symmetry to "40 Shades of Green" is beautiful.

We start with a 0-1 loss in Dublin to Wales in 1986 wearing the new irish green home kit for the first time and end with a 0-1 win in Cardiff in 2017 wearing our new Irish white away kit.

The book is dedicated to James Nolan & a man called James scores the winner. What a night and as I write the last paragraph in the last chapter its been an incredible 31 years as an Irish fan.

-------------

Posted By: Hans Moleman
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 1:04am
Book looks brilliant Thumbs Up Hoping to nab an edition when it's released

Posted By: Stoked Up
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 8:29am
Well done Eddie. You came across very well on RTE. Hope it spurs somebody to make a permanent museum home for your work.

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 9:01am
Seriously if I had the money I'd buy a building close to Landsdowne Road and turn it into a museum

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 4:24pm
So that's it.Book completed and off for print.

What a final page to end a book on.

I spoke to James Nolans dad jimmy before the game last night and we both said we hoped he would be looking down on Cardiff. An emotional night and an incredible way to finish this book and the 15 years its taken me to put it together.

Its been an incredible adventure.

-------------

Posted By: Hans Moleman
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 4:27pm

So that's it.Book completed and off for print.

What a final page to end a book on.

I spoke to James Nolans dad jimmy before the game last night and we both said we hoped he would be looking down on Cardiff. An emotional night and an incredible way to finish this book and the 15 years its taken me to put it together.

Its been an incredible adventure.

Clap Clap Clap

December through FAI.ie shop for the book, only way to get it, that right?

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 4:57pm
THE BOOK WILL BE AVAILABLE TO *PRE ORDER SHORTLY ON FAISHOP.COM

THE OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE IS 12TH NOVEMBER 2017 AND THE BOOK WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE TO BUY EXCLUSIVELY ON FAISHOP.COM AND WILL RETAIL AT €24.99

WITH NO LIMIT TO PRE ORDER SALES AND ONLY A STRICTLY LIMITED NUMBER OF 300 COPIES BEING PUBLISHED I CANNOT GUARANTEE STOCK LEVELS BY 12TH NOVEMBER SO KEEP AN EYE ON HERE AND MY TWITTER PAGE @IRELANDSOCSHIRT AND FAISHOP.COM FOR THE PRE ORDER LINK.

-------------

Posted By: shanemuc
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 5:00pm
Will get myself a copy for sure, Thanks for this Smile

Posted By: RayHoughton
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 3:18pm
Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up

I hope this will be in the Christmas stocking

-------------
George 'The Baggio brothers, of course, are not related' Hamilton

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 4:12pm

Cant wait to get me hands on one, Looks great

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 5:15pm
How much of a cut do the FAI make from sales of this book?

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

How much of a cut do the FAI make from sales of this book?

Its not an official FAI book so the FAI wont get a "cut".

The book has been part funded with sponsorship.The balance i have personally contributed along with covering the costs of photography for the book and other associated costs.

If every single copy of the 300 books published sell, then i will literally just cover my costs incurred.I can assure you that no one is making any money out of this project.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:47am
Any sign of the pre-order?

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:29am
Big draw in Zurich today.We have a mixed relationship with Play off memories.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 10:35am
The link for pre orders for "40 Shades of Green" will be live in the next few days on FAISHOP.COM with the official release date being 12th November 2017.

FAISHOP.COM are also going to give a special discount code to anyone who buys a copy of the book for other products on the their website.More details of that shortly.

I will be on the Marian Finucane Show on RTE Radio 1 today at midday talking about the museum and book project. Eoin Hand will also be on the show.

-------------

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 10:59am
Great stuff Eddie the Wales game in 86 was my first game also. Might treat myself for my 40th. Lovely bit of symmetery to that and Copenhagen will be my 40th away so book will have to be bought :)

Congrats

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: stokeirish
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 11:14am
Is it available on Amazon/kindle?

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 11:48am
Originally posted by stokeirish stokeirish wrote:

Is it available on Amazon/kindle?

No stokeirish.There are only 300 copies in total and all copies will be sold exclusively on FAISHOP.COM

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 12:32pm
Eddie you came across very well.

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 12:34pm
On Marian was it ?.

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 12:35pm
Yes.. just finished

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 12:36pm
Did she not mind

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 12:37pm

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 12:46pm
Ouch

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 12:48pm

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: stokeirish
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 1:17pm
Hanks for the heads up will do my best get one

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 6:39pm
Any update on the pre sale ?

Date Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 3:00pm
25-10-2017 3PM

PRE ORDER FACILITY NOW AVAILABLE ON FAISHOP.COM FOR "40 SHADES OF GREEN"

#ybig