In light of the Vegas thread places you have no interest in going to

Vegas
India
Qatar
Dubai
Bangkok

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Replies:
Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 7:42am
Cork, no offence to anyone from there but been down once which for me was enough

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 7:44am
Jezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz NR very disappointed in you as I can't think of a place on this planet where I would not want to visit , now yep there are places I never want to go back to but that's another story .
Not wanting to go to India Wacko

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 7:46am
Australia
Israel
Las Vegas

New Year's resolution was to never go back to Ireland.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: LHurlz
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 7:46am
Every muslim majority country, aside from Tunisia
Venezuela 
Most of Africa

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 7:47am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Cork, no offence to anyone from there but been down once which for me was enough

The city possibly, but west Cork is one of my favourite places on this island.
As for the OP, America generally doesn't appeal to me, nor India or Thailand really

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 7:47am
Australia
Israel
Tyrone
South Africa
Lapland

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 7:53am
Newry

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 8:10am
Vegas. Spent a night in the kip on a road trip last year. Should of kept driving!

Brazil - don't know why. Visiting the rest of S America though is a life long dream.

Qatar plus various other despot run states in the ME.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 8:20am
Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, South Africa & anywhere in the Middle East.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 8:22am
There is no place I would ever rule out going to. There are places higher on my list than others, but there is no place I would categorically rule out forever.

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 8:28am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

There is no place I would ever rule out going to. There are places higher on my list than others, but there is no place I would categorically rule out forever.

Since it is unlikely that you will win the lottery and have unlimited time and money you can likely rule them out if they are bottom of your list

-------------
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 8:31am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Since it is unlikely that you will win the lottery and have unlimited time and money you can likely rule them out if they are bottom of your list

I travel for various reasons, and as a result places are visited on a case by case basis. My destination isn't always my choice, but I will always have an interest in travel, and I may end up visiting somewhere that is not high on my list. Hence, I rule nowhere out.

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 8:33am
But the thread title is Places you have no interest in going to. It's not places that you will never visit.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: Hickster74
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 8:36am
Always thought I'd go anywhere but after not after seeing that Tegucigalpa kip in Honduras on rte last night. A nurse from Waterford spent a week there for that job abroad show. Gun shot wounds and machete attacks arrived to Emergency every two minutes. Innocents too.

And come on, some of the quieter islands in Thailand are the most beautiful places in the world.

-------------
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 8:37am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Jezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz NR very disappointed in you as I can't think of a place on this planet where I would not want to visit , now yep there are places I never want to go back to but that's another story .

There is only going to be so many places you will be able to go to I can't envisage a scenario where I would go to any of those places

Vegas - glitzy gaudy joint full of broken dreams
India - never keen on it - stunning wildlife but the place/ people itself don't really warm to
Qatar/Dubia - hot desert full I of rich Arabs and annoying expats - the daily mail abroad please god we make Russia 2018
Bangkok - sleazy and full of westerners exploiting the natives

Plenty of other places I would go to first

-------------

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 8:37am
Australia
Dubai

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 8:38am
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Newry

**** off

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 8:53am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

But the thread title is Places you have no interest in going to. It's not places that you will never visit.

In that case, there is nowhere I would have NO interest in visiting.

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 8:55am
Thailand

A rugby match

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 9:11am
Rathgar.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: GB 1HughJarse
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 9:41am
Niagara Falls.....know a few people who went and left after 5 mins.
A bit like my visit to the Leaning Tower of Pisa....2 mins is enough there.

Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 9:42am
Mongolia
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Cork

I'd actually be really interested in going to North Korea on the other hand, find it mad that in this day and age even for a police state there's a country we know virtually nothing about

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Posted By: AnCearrbhach
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 9:43am
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

I'd be willing to bet all these people visited from the US side, it's brilliant from the Canadian side.

-------------
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 9:44am
Behind the goal on the South terrace in the Aviva on a match day, would have to listen to half the lunar modules in person who post on here....the other half are fine though.

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 9:50am

New Delhi
San Pedro Sula
Beijing 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: Croftman
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 9:56am
South Africa's south coast & Garden Route are stunning. Was there for a month and loved it

For the OP:
Australia
India
Russia

-------------
Some people just deserve a slap

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 9:59am
Have been to a number of places that people are mentioning here and have enjoyed them all in various different ways !

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 10:00am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

New Delhi
San Pedro Sula
Beijing 

The Wikipedia page for San Pedro Sula is great. In particular the 'Tourism' sub-category. LOL

Posted By: Hickster74
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 10:06am
That lane off Bachelors Walk

-------------
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 10:09am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

New Delhi
San Pedro Sula
Beijing 

The Wikipedia page for San Pedro Sula is great. In particular the 'Tourism' sub-category. LOL

Quote Tourism     

San Pedro Sula's municipal palace.
It has a cathedral that was built in 1949.[24]

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 10:13am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

New Delhi
San Pedro Sula
Beijing 

Quote Tourism     

Would say one of my mates would love it, I wouldn't say he is the most religious person but if we are away on he sees a Church he has to go in

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 10:15am

Behind the goal on the South terrace in the Aviva on a match day, would have to listen to half the lunar modules in person who post on here....the other half are fine though.
Yeah I'd avoid it if I was you... We dont want people who listen in there, we want people who know how to use their voicesThumbs Up

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 10:17am

San Pedro Sula has the second highest murder rate in the world and has nothing of note to see. I had a couple of days in the Honduran capital Tegucigalpa which was terrible and it's supposed to be like DisneyLand compared to San Pedro Sula. La Ceiba is alright and the island of Utila is great craic so the whole country isn't a write off. 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 10:20am

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

New Delhi
San Pedro Sula
Beijing 

Quote Tourism     

Would say one of my mates would love it, I wouldn't say he is the most religious person but if we are away on he sees a Church he has to go in
Churches are brilliant, I am fascinated by them, the only problem is what the majority of them are still used for.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Yeah I'd avoid it if I was you... We dont want people who listen in there, we want people who know how to use their voicesThumbs Up

Boom boom!

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 12:58pm

There is only going to be so many places you will be able to go to I can't envisage a scenario where I would go to any of those places

Vegas - glitzy gaudy joint full of broken dreams
India - never keen on it - stunning wildlife but the place/ people itself don't really warm to
Qatar/Dubia - hot desert full I of rich Arabs and annoying expats - the daily mail abroad please god we make Russia 2018
Bangkok - sleazy and full of westerners exploiting the natives

Plenty of other places I would go to first
Ask ten people what they think of any certain place and you will get different answers for sure .
Again what you see on the box is not what a lot of places are like in real life . Vegas  well not my place even thou I have been 3 times and again this summer .
Qatar never been I Dubai once is more than enough but I can see what certain people are drawn to it  when you can talk about how much money you earn .
Bangkok the place has a soul don't rate the city as Patpong or Kao San Rd there is so much more to the city and it's people .
 India , hummmmmmmmmmmm I have spent 13 or 14 month in India on 4 different  trips and only just scraped the surface really . 1/6th of the world live in that country alone it has everything from deserts, mountains, Plains you name it 31 different lauguages  and English is the only one that ties it all together . In India the whole life pans out in front of your very eyes , it's a bit like a play where you take part in it every day . It's just impossible to describe how India hits you again you have to go there and no matter how many books you will ever read nothing can prepare you to what is India .

-------------

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 12:59pm
I understand not wanting to go to some of the middle eastern countries, if only because you wouldn't want to be seen to condone appalling human rights abuses and modern slavery.

But not wanting to visit any part of vast and diverse parts of the world like "Africa" or "India" or "Brazil" is frankly astonishing. Those are huge areas, completely different from one place to the other: safari in the Gambia, the deserts of the Namib and the Sahara, the rainforests of equatorial Africa, the wildlife of the Great Rift Valley, the ecological diversity of Madagascar, the history of Egypt and Morocco: and that's just Africa. India is equally diverse: from the beaches of Goa, the mountains of the Himalayas, history and culture with the likes of the Taj Mahal and the golden temple of Amritsar.... Brazil is bigger than Europe, if you leave out Russia.

I can understand some things (Vegas, Dubai etc), mostly cities or small countries, but not writing off massive, incredibly diverse parts of the world.

-------------

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 1:00pm

Never been to Niagra Falls, but I have a very strong belief that it would be exactly as I think it would be, a massive waterfall. 

As for the Leaning Tower, 2 mins is all you need to get that pic of you pretending to hold up the Tower from a distance. 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Never been to Niagra Falls, but I have a very strong belief that it would be exactly as I think it would be, a massive waterfall. 

As for the Leaning Tower, 2 mins is all you need to get that pic of you pretending to hold up the Tower from a distance. 

Yeah the illusion of keeping the tower up. Bit like Paul Clement appearing like he is keeping Seansea up.

-------------

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 2:26pm

Middle East

Russia
India
Cork
North Korea
most of the Northside

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Posted By: heighway2heaven
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 2:30pm
Image result for countries that fit in africa

-------------
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 2:42pm
What's ypur point H2H, lads don't want to go to Africa cause it's full of blacks and muslims 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 4:30pm
No mention for Dundalk yet?

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: randyrandolph
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 4:42pm
i see Israel mentioned a few times. regardless of beliefs, Israel/ Palestine is an incredible place to visit. especially Jerusalem and some of the other west bank towns like Bethlehem & Nazareth. i would highly recommend.  

also india was mentioned earlier. Really!?

Posted By: ccfcmurphy
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 4:47pm
Middle East
China
India
Turkey

Cant see why Australia is appearing here so much. Went there for a month last January with the family and it was amazing  

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by ccfcmurphy ccfcmurphy wrote:

Middle East
China
India
Turkey

Cant see why Australia is appearing here so much. Went there for a month last January with the family and it was amazing  

No culture and Australians are arseholes.  I have never met one who is sound. Even Aussie women act like lads.

Can I just add my disdain for South Africans as well. Another shower of coonts.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by randyrandolph randyrandolph wrote:

i see Israel mentioned a few times. regardless of beliefs, Israel/ Palestine is an incredible place to visit. especially Jerusalem and some of the other west bank towns like Bethlehem & Nazareth. i would highly recommend.  

also india was mentioned earlier. Really!?

Thanks Fr Randy

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 5:02pm
Just because you don't like the culture doesn't mean it isn't there.

People complain about the USA not having a culture, but of course they do: baseball, gridiron, tailgating, New Orleans creole cuisine & mardi gras, the lifestyle of New York, the BBQ cuisine of the southwest, Miami nightlife, the Beach Boys and southern California, mountain sports in the Rockies, not to mention Hollywood, etc etc etc. You might not like it, but of course it has culture.

And the same applies to Australia: in parts of the country, cricket is a way of life, in other parts, it's Aussie rules, BBQing shrimp, surfing, cattle ranching in the outback, or Christmas day on the beach. It's different, not just derivative, and it is culture.

If you don't like it, maybe explain what it is you don't like; you can't just dismiss the entire place for not having culture when it undoubtedly has.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 5:17pm

Middle East
China
India
Turkey

Not an ounce of irony in your question

-------------

Posted By: ccfcmurphy
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Middle East
China
India
Turkey

No culture and Australians are arseholes.  I have never met one who is sound. Even Aussie women act like lads.

Can I just add my disdain for South Africans as well. Another shower of coonts.

Was visiting my brother so we didn't really branch out to the locals , Some of the scenery was unreal and getting sun burnt in January is something I could get used to Cool

Culture is a big Meh for me  

Posted By: greenforever
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 5:43pm

Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Newry

**** off

Anywhere they sell stella LOL

-------------
I know nothing :-)

Posted By: athlonecelt
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 5:48pm
Space
Genuinely have no interest in the Moon, planets etc.
If I won a trip to go on an expedition I wouldn't go.

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 6:04pm

Middle East
China
India
Turkey

Personally it is because it is a racist state and it isn't changing too quickly.

The fact I have never met an Australian I didn't want to strangle doesn't helped, I don't believe the two are mutually exclusive issues though.
Add in everybody from Ireland you would never want to see again and Koala bears and the Outback are not as tempting.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

People complain about the USA not having a culture, but of course they do: baseball, gridiron, tailgating, New Orleans creole cuisine & mardi gras, the lifestyle of New York, the BBQ cuisine of the southwest, Miami nightlife, the Beach Boys and southern California, mountain sports in the Rockies, not to mention Hollywood, etc etc etc. You might not like it, but of course it has culture.

And the same applies to Australia: in parts of the country, cricket is a way of life, in other parts, it's Aussie rules, BBQing shrimp, surfing, cattle ranching in the outback, or Christmas day on the beach. It's different, not just derivative, and it is culture.

If you don't like it, maybe explain what it is you don't like; you can't just dismiss the entire place for not having culture when it undoubtedly has.

Ok let me amend my post.

Cricket is a way of life for these arseholes, and for other arseholes it's Aussie Rules.  Then you have arseholes who hang  out on the beach with surfboards.  I think it has culture. A culture of arseholes.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 8:25pm

Originally posted by athlonecelt athlonecelt wrote:

Space
Genuinely have no interest in the Moon, planets etc.
If I won a trip to go on an expedition I wouldn't go.

LOL

Can you imagine the kids in the back:
''are we there yet?'' every 5 mins for 10 years on your way to Mars?

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 8:33pm

Ok let me amend my post.

Cricket is a way of life for these arseholes, and for other arseholes it's Aussie Rules.  Then you have arseholes who hang  out on the beach with surfboards.  I think it has culture. A culture of arseholes.
LOLLOLLOL Don't forget the racism, they love a bit of that.

-------------

Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 8:35pm
If it weren't for the fact that we're playing them there and i hope to go to that i'd never go to Cardiff.

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Posted By: Bitored
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 8:36pm
Longford. Absolute bastard of a place. I've actually gone out of my way not to go through the town.
Terrible road lay out, awful people, nothing in the town.
Just a truly awful place and the locals fully agree with all this.

-------------
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Ok let me amend my post.

You don't see many blacks in Aussie soaps anyway.  They love the Abororiginies alright.  I'd go as far as to say the next Prime Minister will be an Aboriginie.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 8:42pm
The Middle East is also a cultural hotspot. Unfortunately, current unrest makes it significantly less appealing.

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 8:46pm

what country isn't 'racist' ?

-------------

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Longford. Absolute bastard of a place. I've actually gone out of my way not to go through the town.

Was chatting with a guard a few weeks ago who's based there and he concurred with everything you just posted. LOL

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 9:32pm

That was a glib and ironic statement, the reason I wouldn't go near either Israel or Australia is their continued treatment of people native to the land they govern. 
It is a long held belief that the laws of the Australian state of Queensland, which classified native Australians as fauna, as the inspiration for South African apartheid and, while there has been improvements it appears that they are still a long, long way from removing this and I don't just mean in dodgy out back bars. It also isn't just a reference to a lack of remorse or understanding of history, it is a determination to try and rewrite their past.
There is the world of stuff available on this,one of the more informative ones;

http://www.creativespirits.info/aboriginalculture/politics/do-we-have-apartheid-in-australia" rel="nofollow - http://www.creativespirits.info/aboriginalculture/politics/do-we-have-apartheid-in-australia
That is outwith the racism from the Australian people, which is hardly separate from Government actions, by that I mean if it is deemed acceptable by the state it will obviously become the societal norm.

http://www.creativespirits.info/aboriginalculture/people/racism-in-aboriginal-australia" rel="nofollow - http://www.creativespirits.info/aboriginalculture/people/racism-in-aboriginal-australia

Plenty more on that website too.

While there is clear racism in lots of countries, including the one I am sat in right now, at least those in charge of policy here attempt to hide it, to quote Stewart Lee; "if political correctness has achieved one thing, it's to make the Conservative Party cloak its inherent racism behind more creative language". 
They don't even try in Australia.

Last PM;  http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/apr/29/tony-abbotts-indigenous-lifestyle-choices-remark-smacks-of-racism-says-un-rapporteur" rel="nofollow - http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/apr/29/tony-abbotts-indigenous-lifestyle-choices-remark-smacks-of-racism-says-un-rapporteur

The current Minister for Borders and Immigration;  http://www.news.com.au/national/politics/peter-dutton-sparks-furious-backlash-over-comments-on-lebanesemuslim/news-story/c23fb5184db400f123b608963235f918" rel="nofollow - http://www.news.com.au/national/politics/peter-dutton-sparks-furious-backlash-over-comments-on-lebanesemuslim/news-story/c23fb5184db400f123b608963235f918

When the country is reticent to accept the mistakes of its past, unwilling to help the people who suffered as a result of that and continues to treat those people differently and you have people in office knowing that racist remarks will have no major impact on them, you have to suggest that the problem is a little more than just the current zeitgeist of Trump, Brexit and Le Pen.

-------------

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 10:45pm
People you have no interest in meeting would have been a far better thread plenty from YBIG Thumbs Up

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Posted By: ErsatzThistle
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 10:47pm
The local swimming baths.

A lot of fine looking women go there.

But I can't swim.

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 10:55pm
Tbf there is no place id rule out going but would have no interest in going to any of the Mediterranean holiday resorts there all the same to me, ie santa ponza, costa del sol lanzarote etc.. plenty of better spots around europe imo..

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Tbf there is no place id rule out going but would have no interest in going to any of the Mediterranean holiday resorts there all the same to me, ie santa ponza, costa del sol lanzarote etc.. plenty of better spots around europe imo..

They arent all the same kev. The dumps are but there are some beautiful places on the costa that arent full of scummers from over yonder and here.

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 11:20pm
Oh the Costa Del Sol has to get a mention.  An absolute kip full of people you want to get a holiday from.  I will never return by choice.

South Africa gets another vote from me.  The accent is attrocious for starters and the people are racist macho scum.  (see Oscar Pistorious)

A lot of places in Britain like Holyhead, Birmingham, Leeds, Sheffield that I have been in that I have no wish to return anytime this millenium.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 7:18am

Oh the Costa Del Sol has to get a mention.  An absolute kip full of people you want to get a holiday from.  I will never return by choice.

South Africa gets another vote from me.  The accent is attrocious for starters and the people are racist macho scum.  (see Oscar Pistorious)

A lot of places in Britain like Holyhead, Birmingham, Leeds, Sheffield that I have been in that I have no wish to return anytime this millenium.
Have you ever been to Burnley TJ LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

-------------

Posted By: the_walls
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 9:12am

The awful people from Longford truly agree with themselves and their town being awful? OK buddy, whatever you think yourself LOL

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 9:26am

NoLOL

-------------

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 9:35am
I dont see the appeal of Las Vegas at all. I would be a regular gambler but not a big gambler, so the casino's wouldn't interest me.  Vegaslives off a rep from Tv shows and Movies. Most of it is paid product placement.

I wouldnt be interested in the Mediterranean Party Islands either. Unless it was for a relaxing holiday in the quiet parts.

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 12:42pm

NoLOL
 So that's why it's not on your list then Big smile

-------------

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

they are or they're Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

The awful people from Longford truly agree with themselves and their town being awful? OK buddy, whatever you think yourself LOL
Touched a nerve?
Missing razor blade alley are we?

Seeing as most of the people I know from there got the fook out and vowed never to return I`d say I`m bang on the money.

-------------
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 7:50pm

Aren't you from Sligo ?
LOL

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Aren't you from Sligo ?
LOL
Aren`t you from Roscommon?

-------------

Posted By: athlonecelt
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 9:09pm
Ament I from Ah loan

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 9:13pm
Carlow, Laois & Offaly offer nothing, I think I suggested on here before we trade them in for a bit of decent land in the south of France or somewhere similar

Posted By: d13dave
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 9:21pm
Russia
Brighton
Dubai
Brazil

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 12:01am

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Aren't you from Sligo ?
LOL
Aren`t you from Roscommon?

I am indeed but find it funny the things you dislike about Longford are very similar to Sligo.

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

Russia
Brighton
Dubai
Brazil

Brighton, strange one I must say

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 12:53pm
Brighton is a great town, I think people have visions of it being full of ****s but most of those have moved to London, it is just a student town really. Kind of like an English Galway, decent music scene and some interesting characters.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 12:58pm

Coincidentally watched this last night.
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/utopia/" rel="nofollow - http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/utopia/

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 1:01pm

Brighton is a great town, I think people have visions of it being full of ****s but most of those have moved to London, it is just a student town really. Kind of like an English Galway, decent music scene and some interesting characters.

Used to know a girl from Brighton, mad yolk. very fond of the drink and dropping to her knees

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 1:03pm

Used to know a girl from Brighton, mad yolk. very fond of the drink and dropping to her knees
A great town for open mindedness alright.LOL

-------------

Posted By: HuntysCousin
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 1:05pm

You seem to be missing a crucial part of your post

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

You seem to be missing a crucial part of your post

I have no pics LOL

She told me before she doesn't like any social media crap, doesn't even have a phone says she is a free spirit and life guides her, Didn't like here photo taken as she said it took away part of her soul LOL

As I said Mad yolk

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 1:09pm
Cape Town

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 1:10pm

Cape Town

Not as bad as Jo-bourg

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 1:16pm

Cape Town

Not as bad as Jo-bourg

Johannesburg is definitely not on my places to visit list

-------------

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 2:20pm
Capetown is a great spot.

Johannesburg is just too dangerous. You'd have to see it to believe it.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 2:28pm
Belfast

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: Croftman
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 2:32pm

Cape Town

Not as bad as Jo-bourg
Nowhere near as bad as Jo-bourg. Quite liked Cape Town actually

-------------
Some people just deserve a slap

Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 2:35pm
Chernobyl

Posted By: AnCearrbhach
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Belfast

One of my best friends genuinely won't go to Belfast. Can't understand it, great spot.

-------------
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 3:48pm

Touched a nerve?

Seeing as most of the people I know from there got the fook out and vowed never to return I`d say I`m bang on the money.

What are ya on about ya lunatic Confused I'm not from Longford nor do I even know anyone from Longford town so how has any nerve been touched? I'm no fan of Longford, it used to be a pure bottleneck and does come across as a bit of kip but that doesn't man that everyone from there hates the place or thinks that it is full of awful people.

Out of curiosity how many people from Longford do you know? Presumably it is quite a lot so that you can be confident that their views coincide with the majority of the town's residents.

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 3:52pm

Touched a nerve?

And by the way what sort of a statement is that to come out with? f**king hell like.

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Belfast

One of my best friends genuinely won't go to Belfast. Can't understand it, great spot.

Been there a few times. I find it a dull cold place. Have no interest in going there anymore.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net