Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=54886
Printed Date: 02 May 2024 at 7:31am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Leicester to be relegated
Posted By: Trap junior
Subject: Leicester to be relegated
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 10:43pm
Have the champions ever gone down the following season in the English top division?

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Replies:
Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Have the champions ever gone down the following season in the English top division?

If they do it'll be hailed as another side effect of the 'greatest league in the world' where anything can happen. Bollocks. In the real greatest league in the world the champions have even gone down before the following season starts 

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 11:04pm
Hopefully we will see a sacking soon.  Not enough sackings this season for my liking.

-------------

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 11:26pm

Think I read before that Man City did it in the 1930's or 30's. I also think I read that they were the only team to score and concede over 100 goals in an English league season.

This may be completely wrong and I just dreamed this.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Think I read before that Man City did it in the 1930's or 30's. I also think I read that they were the only team to score and concede over 100 goals in an English league season.

This may be completely wrong and I just dreamed this.

Won the title in 1937, relegated in 1938.

But Football never existed before Premier League so it'll never get mentioned

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 11:47pm
Leicester could very conceivably go down. Palace are going to pick up points - Big Sam has kept much worse squads up than what he has to work with there, Swansea are hitting form, even Hull have looked like they have more fight under Marco Silva and have made some good additions today. Sunderland look like they won't have enough but Leicester only need two of those four to start firing and they're in deep sh*t

-------------

Posted By: Deane
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 12:27am
Leicester will win the champions league and be relegated in the same season.

Posted By: Territorial
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 2:21am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Think I read before that Man City did it in the 1930's or 30's. I also think I read that they were the only team to score and concede over 100 goals in an English league season

Won the title in 1937, relegated in 1938.
Fabulous article on a truly crazy season here:
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/craziest-season-english-football-when-champions-went-down-and-lucky-arsenal-annoyed-nation

According to The Guardian, this was: 'the most Cityish act in City 's history'

Eighty years later, not that much has changed...

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 2:18pm
The closest in my lifetime was in 1992-1993. Leeds had toppled Man Utd for the 1991-1992 title, and went an an appalling run in 1992-1993, and were only saved on the last day of the season. I think that is factually accurate, but open to correction.

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

The closest in my lifetime was in 1992-1993. Leeds had toppled Man Utd for the 1991-1992 title, and went an an appalling run in 1992-1993, and were only saved on the last day of the season. I think that is factually accurate, but open to correction.

Leeds were sh*t but don't recall them being near the relegation zone.  Oldham were the big escapists on the last day.

-------------

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 2:34pm
Finsihed 2 points outside the relegation places. Oldham survived on Goal Difference

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 2:49pm
I remember Leeds doing poorly that season but shocked that they finished only 2 points clear of relegation Shocked

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 3:00pm
I actually thought they were even closer to going down! I remember watching Oldham's last game on RTE, pretty sure they beat Southampton at home  in a thriller while Arsenal and Ian Wright sent Palace down.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I actually thought they were even closer to going down! I remember watching Oldham's last game on RTE, pretty sure they beat Southampton at home  in a thriller while Arsenal and Ian Wright sent Palace down.

Yes it was 4-3 at Boundary Park.

-------------

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 3:04pm

I remember Gunnar Halle missing an absolute sitter from about 6 yards. Think the ball ended up going over the stand. Did Sheffield United get relegated that day as well? Chelsea played them in Stamford Bridge and Sheffield United were safe until the last couple of minutes.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 3:18pm

Yes it was 4-3 at Boundary Park.
Le Tiss scoring a hat-trick.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 3:27pm

I remember Gunnar Halle missing an absolute sitter from about 6 yards. Think the ball ended up going over the stand. Did Sheffield United get relegated that day as well? Chelsea played them in Stamford Bridge and Sheffield United were safe until the last couple of minutes.

Following season. Palace, Boro and Forest went down that season.

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Posted By: HelloBarry
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 4:22pm

Hopefully we will see a sacking soon.  Not enough sackings this season for my liking.

and who would you prefer to get sacked first?

Wenger
Klopp
Ranieri

-------------
Quit while you are ahead.
All the best gamblers do.

http://blog.sbobet.com/tips

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by HelloBarry HelloBarry wrote:

and who would you prefer to get sacked first?

Wenger
Klopp
Ranieri

Great question.  Am I only allowed to pick 1 because it would be great of all 3 got the sack before May.

If I had to choose I hope Wenger as Sky will have a field day with the likes of Ray Parlour and Alan Smith wheeled out and told to look like 'someone has just died' faces to parrot how Wenger had been such a great servant to the club.  Then going live to The Emirates Stadium 10 times a day for updates and fans reaction.  Then Sky would make a 10 minute long montage of Wenger's best moments with Arsenal lifting trophies etc  this as the background music.

-------------

Posted By: HelloBarry
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 5:01pm
haha love the song choice mate, and how ready you are for his departure.

-------------
Quit while you are ahead.
All the best gamblers do.

http://blog.sbobet.com/tips

Posted By: Bitored
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 6:43pm
I cant see Wenger ever being sacked. If 8 years without a trophy didn't get him the sack then nothing will.
I`d say Arsenal are investing heavily in cryogenics so he can keep managing them well into the 2100`s

-------------
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 5:03pm
Only 1 point above relegation places now with Man Utd as their game in hand.

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 2:26pm
Hopefully Utd can put a nail in their coffin today

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 4:52pm
It's really a disgrace- they lost their best player but one player doesn't account for this fall.
About 7/8 of the squad got massive new contracts and none of them are performing.
They could be stuck with some of them if they do go down.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 4:54pm
Think this could actually be a reality now

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Think this could actually be a reality now

Had a look at their fixtures, they still have to play Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs and Everton. I really don't see them getting more than 40 pts- they will be fighting till the end.

You kinda forget they are still in the champions league v Sevilla.

-------------

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 5:16pm
The funny part of this is that this team actually won the league last year ffs

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Posted By: LHurlz
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Losing Kante was massive, he's such an important player

Posted By: Hans Moleman
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 7:19pm
Can see Ranieri getting the sack soon which will be an awful move by the club imo. The players simply aren't putting in the graft that they should be. Kantes loss was huge, but they still shouldn't be this badly off in the table. 

I will say this about Ranieri though, he's signed Musa, Slimani and a couple midfielders. Imo the signings haven't improved the squad one bit. The first area that needed addressing was centre back as there is a serious lack of pace there. He never fixed that. Also with Kante going, someone like Gueye who went to Everton would have been a perfect fit. Instead the likes of Amertey has played a lot in there this season and been awful any time I've seen him. I think the recruitment this season has been terrible overall and that has to fall on Ranieri.

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Can see Ranieri getting the sack soon which will be an awful move by the club imo. The players simply aren't putting in the graft that they should be. Kantes loss was huge, but they still shouldn't be this badly off in the table. 

I will say this about Ranieri though, he's signed Musa, Slimani and a couple midfielders. Imo the signings haven't improved the squad one bit. The first area that needed addressing was centre back as there is a serious lack of pace there. He never fixed that. Also with Kante going, someone like Gueye who went to Everton would have been a perfect fit. Instead the likes of Amertey has played a lot in there this season and been awful any time I've seen him. I think the recruitment this season has been terrible overall and that has to fall on Ranieri.

Why when he's not in charge of transfers? LOLConfused

Steve Walsh was their director last season, Everton poached him the summer then they brought in Eduardo Macia, the bloke Liverpool had during Roy Hodgson's term, doesn't take a genius to realise where the real blame lies.

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 7:38pm
Leicester were shellshocked today when they went a goal down and then just downed tools at 2-0. I don't think they have an appetite for a fight down that end of the table at all. Imagine winning the league last season and then having to work incredibly hard to stay in the division the next season. It's a massive shift in mindset.

-------------

Posted By: cardwizzard
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 7:46pm
Seville will make mince meat out of them over two legs.

Cab see them staying up, a combination of other teams being poor and a little improvement on Leicester's part.

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 8:57pm

Steve Walsh was their director last season, Everton poached him the summer then they brought in Eduardo Macia, the bloke Liverpool had during Roy Hodgson's term, doesn't take a genius to realise where the real blame lies.

I would assume no matter what the transfer setup, the manager will always have a big say in the transfer being done. There are very few setups if any where this isn't the case. To what degree the manager has a say, or a veto, may differ but most managers will have a say. I highly doubt Ranieri has no input into the transfer of players being brought in.

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 9:57pm
Alot of goss saying theres a player mutiny against Ranieri tonight.

Fuelled by Danny Simpson retweeting people who are glad they lost. Its a tough one, youd think hed be unsackable after last years achievement

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 10:19pm

Alot of goss saying theres a player mutiny against Ranieri tonight.

Fuelled by Danny Simpson retweeting people who are glad they lost. Its a tough one, youd think hed be unsackable after last years achievement

I think it's the players fault but the board have to do everything possible to keep them in the premiership.
If that means a new manager then so be it. It's not right but the club has to come first.

I'm sure Simpson was one of those who signed a huge new contract at the start of the season. Their intensity tonight was nothing compared to last year. They gave up after 2-0.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 10:27pm

I would assume no matter what the transfer setup, the manager will always have a big say in the transfer being done. There are very few setups if any where this isn't the case. To what degree the manager has a say, or a veto, may differ but most managers will have a say. I highly doubt Ranieri has no input into the transfer of players being brought in.
A lot of setups managers have token inputs.
The following isn't an uncommon scenario.
Manager draws up a list of players he wants, hands them to Chairman/owner/DOF, they don't fancy any of the players on the list so comes back to the manager and says their clubs don't want to sell or the players aren't interested.
The manager has fook all of an input in that scenario.

-------------
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 12:06am
Fair enough Bitored, but I'm guessing that such setups would be for managers that a board/chairman have little to no trust in. Someone like Wenger with all the power and kudos he has at board level would have the final say and input in every transfer. Now you'd have to imagine that last summer after Leicester achieved the almost impossible, Ranieris word was gospel. I would genuinely be shocked if that wasn't the scenario. That being said the transfers haven't worked out at all, Slimani has done ok, Musa is a grand player, but these parts of the team weren't where upgrading was badly needed imo. That defense could really have done with pacey quality defenders, and Kantes replacement has been nothing short of disastrous any time I've watched Leicester.

Even if that is the case, what does Ranieri do when players are giving so much less effort in games. I've seen full Leicester games 3/4 times over the past few months and every time that's been noticeable. Just being lazy, physically and mentally. Really basic stuff that experienced lads should never be doing. If Ranieri goes I think it's ridiculous. The players need to get their heads out of their arses and drive on and save the manager. Huge stain on all of them if he's forced out imo.

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 9:16am
Originally posted by LHurlz LHurlz wrote:

Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Losing Kante was massive, he's such an important player

100% I don't think it's any great surprise that Chelsea are running away with the league this season with him enforcing the middle.

I read he has almost double the number of interceptions in 1.5 seasons then the next best has in the last 3 years, that is massive.

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2017 at 2:52pm
Would you sack Ranieri if the results don't improve? 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2017 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I think they'd be mad to. This isn't a league winning team inexplicably down near the relegation zone under him; it's a relegation candidate team who inexplicably won the league under him. If that doesn't buy you time then it is absolutely beyond me what would. That team, put simply, isn't very good.

Now there's a question to be had about him spending poorly over the summer but really, Leicester were never going to be able to attract the calibre of players that the traditional powerhouses could.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2017 at 4:06pm
No. They should be talking about statue's of him, not sacking him.

It's about time the players looked at themselves tbh. 
Vardy's not playing the brand of football he used to play - The over the top, chase after the ball type, for some reason he's always coming deep. 
Mahrez is becoming all too predictable, I think he's still climbing out of Rojo's pocket the amount of times he got intercepted.
And Huth and Morgan the so-called big personalities of the team have been disgraceful.

The signings do have a major factor but it's not the reason - Slimani hasn't been that bad when called upon, Amartey hasn't been either just the gap left my Kante has been too big to fill.
But other signings such as Musa have been outright disappointing.

The biggest predicament for Ranieri is tonight, do you field a weaker team for a East Midlands Derby in the Cup - Although the derby isn't as intense as Forest v Derby, it still is one.

Posted By: alihau41
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2017 at 5:05pm

ranieri back to his Greece form

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2017 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

ranieri back to his Greece form

More like the players back to not giving a f**k.

-------------

Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2017 at 5:13pm
Musa has been a massive disappointment for them this season.

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2017 at 5:13pm
If they were to go down, who of their players would get a big move? Or even a reasonably big one to a team like Everton? Maybe a team challenging for Europe takes a punt on Riyad Mahrez but beyond that there's nobody, not even Vardy.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2017 at 6:42pm
Mahrez has let himself down this season. A lot of clubs would have lost interest in him I reckon.

-------------

Posted By: Butch
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2017 at 6:48pm
I think Mark Lawrenson mentioned it on the Matt Cooper show that the biggest mistake was dishing out big money contracts to players in one go . Rather than drip feeding them increases . Also heard that Leicester do one the league and be relegated the following season was 5000/1

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2017 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

I think Mark Lawrenson mentioned it on the Matt Cooper show that the biggest mistake was dishing out big money contracts to players in one go . Rather than drip feeding them increases . Also heard that Leicester do one the league and be relegated the following season was 5000/1

Yeah but what odds would they have been this time two years ago to escape relegation, then win the league the following year, and then get relegated the year after that

That's what I wanna know

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2017 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Yeah but what odds would they have been this time two years ago to escape relegation, then win the league the following year, and then get relegated the year after that

That's what I wanna know

What were the odds on Vardy being nominated for World Player of the year for 2016 and not even getting into the Championship team of the season at the end of 2018.
That's where the money is.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2017 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

That's what I wanna know

What were the odds on Vardy being nominated for World Player of the year for 2016 and not even getting into the Championship team of the season at the end of 2018.

No
The night Faroe Islands beat Greece, I want to know what the odds where for Ranieri to win the English premier league in his next job,

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 12:03am

That's what I wanna know

No
The night Faroe Islands beat Greece, I want to know what the odds where for Ranieri to win the English premier league in his next job,

What were the odds of a winning hand on the cards Jamie Vardy was holding that he accused "oi Jap, yes you Jap" of looking at

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 6:41am

I'm pretty sure 7/8 of the first teamers got new bumper contracts even tho some of them were over 30.
Only Mahrez, Kante and Vardy should have been offered new contracts - I don't remember any bids for the other player.

It's the players fault they are in this position. They are no trying and not doing the simple things right.
The summer signings have been terrible too.

-------------

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 10:21am

It definitely can't be ruled out anyway. What Ranieri achieved last year was incredible but it doesn't make him invincible - nor should it. There's far too much money at stake in modern football to be viewing it in any other terms. Wasn't there a study done a couple of years ago that revealed the average tenure of a Premiership manager is just over a year? If the players aren't responding to him, which appears to be the case, then his position clearly needs to be reviewed. Whether replacing him is the answer to their problems or not I don't know, but it has to be considered at this stage. The two sides directly below them - Swansea and Hull - have both installed new managers recently and both sides are very much on the up. If things keep continuing the way they are then Leicester look quite likely to go down. I do feel for Ranieri because the likes of Mahrez and Vardy have been shocking this season but unfortunately at the end of the day, rightly or wrongly, the buck stops with the manager.

Posted By: mbyrne15
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 12:35pm
[QUOTE=OnTheOneRoad]If they were to go down, who of their players would get a big move? Or even a reasonably big one to a team like Everton? Maybe a team challenging for Europe takes a punt on Riyad Mahrez but beyond that there's nobody, not even Vardy.[/Q

schmeichel, possibly Chilwell & Grey, other than that there is a lot of players who they will be stuck with on good money.

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 12:37pm
I think as much patience as is ever possible for a manager in this day and age, should be awarded to Ranieri after what he has done there.

Its still hard to believe he won the league with that shower of sh*te.

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 4:37pm
Its mad that players like Ulloa and maybe a few others are pissed off with Ranieiri.  A nicer man you couldnt meet and won these players a title.  They are journeymen the lot of them!  Just shows you that footballers are a bunch of t**sers.

-------------

Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 4:59pm

Its mad that players like Ulloa and maybe a few others are pissed off with Ranieiri.  A nicer man you couldnt meet and won these players a title.  They are journeymen the lot of them!  Just shows you that footballers are a bunch of t**sers.

Or it could be that they lads getting selected week in week out have them 16th in the league so the fringe players are getting annoyed they're not getting a chance to play and prove they can do better.

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Or it could be that they lads getting selected week in week out have them 16th in the league so the fringe players are getting annoyed they're not getting a chance to play and prove they can do better.

But Ulloa didn't mind being a fringe player when they were winning? He was happy to sit on the bench and collect a wage.
You know you're desperate for a wage hike when you go on strike in order to force a move to Sunderland, out of all people, and then contact their representatives without permission.

I think he's a very useful impact player but he's had an absolute mare here. Tried to jump ship when the times got hard for a bigger wage, and didn't even get it 

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

That's what I wanna know

No

What were the odds of a winning hand on the cards Jamie Vardy was holding that he accused "oi Jap, yes you Jap" of looking at
LOLLOL
What are the odds of Raneiri unveiling himself as the second coming of Jesus Christ, the reincarnation of the Dhali Lama and a reanimation of Heather Mills` left leg (the one she doesn't have).

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

But sure he's worse than them!  He's a mediocre player. Does nothing to warrant being a big time charlie.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 5:52pm

Football often reflects society.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 5:06pm
Down 2-0 at HT away to relegation rivals Swansea. I think they will go down

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 6:51pm
Why are Morgan and Huth still starting, while not having watched Leicester this season, I've read a lot and match of the Day showing how crap they've been. 

He needs to make some changes or they'll be relegated for sure, although the Champions League winners medal will make up for it 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 6:55pm

Why are Morgan and Huth still starting, while not having watched Leicester this season, I've read a lot and match of the Day showing how crap they've been. 

He needs to make some changes or they'll be relegated for sure, although the Champions League winners medal will make up for it 

Best thing they can do is let Sevilla run riot on them

Posted By: HuntysCousin
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 7:04pm
I wouldn't say run riot, more hammerings would hardly do confidence any good

Posted By: max
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 7:06pm
An unlikely set of events which are about to unfold.
Leicester, will go down and win the Fa Cup this year. Next season another relegation follows, but they win the Europa League due to qualification from the Fa cup, qualifying them for the following years champions league. 2019 they're in league1 but are also in the Champions league which they duly win as another relegation follows.
2020 a league two team in the champions league and Ranieri resigns as the greatest manager of all time, dilly ding, dilly dong. 

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Aye maybe poor choice of words but I think they'll be best going out and concentrating on staying up

Posted By: HuntysCousin
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Aye maybe poor choice of words but I think they'll be best going out and concentrating on staying up

I'd definitely agree with that, I wouldn't give them a prayer against Sevilla anyway. I do think they'll just about stay up, but only because some of the other teams down there are just so poor

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 7:44pm
The fact they're away first gives them a chance, providing they're still in the tie from the first leg that is.

I assume Seville will do enough overall but you never know.

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 7:20am
I'd be amazed if Leicester can rally to beat Seville. The game is up, and it is now about survival. Progress in the CL would prolonge the illusion that Leicester have too much to go down. The last month has shown how serious the situation is.

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 10:05am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

The fact they're away first gives them a chance, providing they're still in the tie from the first leg that is.

sevilla will smoke them. they haven't lost a two legged European tie in three and half years or something like that

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 10:12am
First defending champions to go six games without a goal - no goals in 2017 so far. Their collapse has been insane and obviously cannot simply be blamed on the loss of one player - no matter how good that player was for them last season. They'll be pleased to have Slimani back for the run in as Vardy looks comically off the pace at the moment.

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 10:15am

sevilla will smoke them. they haven't lost a two legged European tie in three and half years or something like that

But that has been in Europa League big difference between Champions League and Europa League

Teams they beat 15/16: Molde, Basel, Athletic Bilbao, Shaktar Donestk
Teams they beat 14/15: B. Monchengladbach, Villarreal, Zenit, Fiorentina
Teams they beat 13/14:Maribor,Real Betis, Porto, Valencia

You'd have to say bar highlighted of those teams they didn't play anyone  of real note

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 10:39am

But that has been in Europa League big difference between Champions League and Europa League

You'd have to say bar highlighted of those teams they didn't play anyone  of real note

can only beat what is put out in front of you. the fact that they have done it consistently for three years without any slip up. none of the top sides in CL can say that they haven't slipped up when should have won. I genuinely reckon they could get to the semis

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 11:09am
I'm backing Leicester to knock Sevilla out 

-------------

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 11:30am

I would certainly not say that. Bilbao, Shaktar, Villareal and Valencia (13/14) were all serious sides. Fiorentina were no push overs either. 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 5:01pm
Lost to League 1 Millwall, just gets worse and worse for them LOL

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 5:23pm

With all due respect they had the majority of their second team out?

Staying up is their priority so I reckon Ranieri is relieved deep down. 

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 5:31pm
19/10 bet of the weekend

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 5:42pm

19/10 bet of the weekend

Easy say that after the event Wink

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 6:26pm
How does this effect their league position ?

Date Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

How does this effect their league position ?

The thread's more about Leicester in general rather than what happens in the League.

TJ tried making his generic "to be sacked" threads but what's the point when there's already a relevant thread up

Date Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

19/10 bet of the weekend

Any Accra or bet I have put on here has lost. Call me superstitious if ya want, I don't care! This is my livelihood!

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 6:45pm

19/10 bet of the weekend

Any Accra or bet I have put on here has lost. Call me superstitious if ya want, I don't care! This is my livelihood!

Who are you telling, I'm in the same boat!!! Anything I fancy/tip her loses LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 6:49pm

19/10 bet of the weekend

Who are you telling, I'm in the same boat!!! Anything I fancy/tip her loses LOL

I have had a bad few weeks really, rugby has saved my bacon! Millwall stood out though, anybody playing Leicester does!

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 8:28pm

Don't think this is defendable at all considering the cirumstances

Millwall played 40 mins with 10 men.

Ozazaki,, Gray, Mendy, Amartey, Musa and King all started. That's 5/11 Premier League starters.
Vardy and Albrighton came on when they were down to 10 and still couldn't change the game to add insult to injury - That's 7 Premier League players on the field vs 10 men of a League 1 team.

The fact he brought Vardy and Albrighton on after the sending off shows that Ranieri went for the win so I don't think being relieved ever came to his mind, embarrassed maybes.

Date Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 10:43pm

Ozazaki,, Gray, Mendy, Amartey, Musa and King all started. That's 5/11 Premier League starters.
Vardy and Albrighton came on when they were down to 10 and still couldn't change the game to add insult to injury - That's 7 Premier League players on the field vs 10 men of a League 1 team.

The fact he brought Vardy and Albrighton on after the sending off shows that Ranieri went for the win so I don't think being relieved ever came to his mind, embarrassed maybes.

Mendy has 4 league apperances, Musa has 7 starts and Gray has 6 league starts so none of these guys are starters on a consistent basis. 

They also started without Huth, Fuchs, Vardy, Albrighton, Schemichel or Mahrez.

Now while I can see your argument, that team they sent out today didn't smack me that Ranieri was going all out to the win the FA Cup did it for you?

I'm not excusing the fact the League Champions lost to a 10 man League 1 outfit but noway can you honestly tell me they went all out to win that game with his team selection.

Just wait and see what team he starts with against Sevilla, no doubt his best 11. 

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 11:24pm
I'm not arguing the fact it was a weakened side. It was a side that still should of smacked Millwall all over the place.

The same goes for Bournemouth really when they played Millwall, there wasn't any every-week starters but it was good enough for the Championship never mind a League 1 side.

Musa has got to be up there with Moussa Sissoko as the worst signing of the season, he's just been pure absolute crap.

Posted By: TonyNotJack
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 12:41am

He didn't look relieved in the post match interview. He looked sad and depressed. I've noticed in their matches lately when he's on the touchline his eyes often tear up, usually when they go about 2-0 down and are playing with absolutely no spirit, fight or desire at all. He's a very emotional guy. Sad times.

Posted By: mbyrne15
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 10:00am

Mendy has 4 league apperances, Musa has 7 starts and Gray has 6 league starts so none of these guys are starters on a consistent basis. 

They also started without Huth, Fuchs, Vardy, Albrighton, Schemichel or Mahrez.

Now while I can see your argument, that team they sent out today didn't smack me that Ranieri was going all out to the win the FA Cup did it for you?

I'm not excusing the fact the League Champions lost to a 10 man League 1 outfit but noway can you honestly tell me they went all out to win that game with his team selection.

Just wait and see what team he starts with against Sevilla, no doubt his best 11. 

Near enough every Leicester fan wanted a different starting 11. They have been shocking with the starting 11, especially the whole back for.
I expect Leicester will get a result in Sevilla, even if that means a not too heavy loss. This will keep Ranieri in the job for at least another two weeks, by which time they could be rooted to the bottom of the table.

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 10:01am
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

He didn't look relieved in the post match interview. He looked sad and depressed. I've noticed in their matches lately when he's on the touchline his eyes often tear up, usually when they go about 2-0 down and are playing with absolutely no spirit, fight or desire at all. He's a very emotional guy. Sad times.

I would have thought so too. Losing to a team several divisions below should never promote relief, in fact it should heighten concern.

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 10:21am
Using Arsenal's logic, Leicester shouldn't sack Ranieri for the next 12 years at least

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 10:28am

Using Arsenal's logic, Leicester shouldn't sack Ranieri for the next 12 years at least
Just as long as he ends up top 4 every one of those next 12 seasons

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 12:19pm

19/10 bet of the weekend

I'd be the same. Friends of mine in a couple of watsapp groups would put up their bets before a days racing or football, anytime I do it I can't buy a winner.
So I chose to say nothing and if I get a bet up just send it in

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 12:25pm
Luckily for Leicester they have Liverpool next so the handy three points for them should give Ranieri a bit of breathing space 

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net