Forum Description: All League Of Ireland Teams Forum
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=54565
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 10:30pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Dundalk Town Vs. Cork City Predictions
Posted By: AnCearrbhach
Subject: Dundalk Town Vs. Cork City Predictions
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 8:57am
Huge game tonight. City are playing unreal at the moment but always tough to play at the driving range as Dawk's home record shows. Going for 2 Maguire goals and another City clean see against the "greatest LOI team ever"

-------------
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.

Replies:
Posted By: roverstillidie
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 9:30am
Cawk by one in a controversial game that has Dundalk whinging for years and starts the unravelling of their short lived empire

-------------
He is Karl Pilkington in the LOI section and Karl Marx outwith it

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 9:43am
Dundalk will have too much class for Cork city.

Always beat them when we need to. 

-------------

Posted By: DylanCCFC
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 9:47am
City to get scrape a win and get an extremely controversial penalty to force Stephen Kenny into meltdown.

Posted By: Twoinarow
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 10:22am
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Cawk by one in a controversial game that has Dundalk whinging for years and starts the unravelling of their short lived empire

LOLLOL Bitter and Obsessed!

2-0 to ourselves! We will come out all guns blazing and destroy them!

-------------
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght

Posted By: saintjoey
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 10:34am
Hope cork win, need to at least slow Dundalk down for the sake of the rest!

Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 10:57am
Originally posted by saintjoey saintjoey wrote:

Hope cork win, need to at least slow Dundalk down for the sake of the rest!

+1

I'm backing Cork to win it

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

Change the record. Everyone outside Dundalk wants Cork to win this and the league. One of the main reasons is insufferable fools like you who can't win with grace and dignity.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 11:33am

Change the record. Everyone outside Dundalk wants Cork to win this and the league. One of the main reasons is insufferable fools like you who can't win with grace and dignity.

says ya one!

Ive seen loads of posts on facebook/twitter from Derry, Sligo, Limerick, Cobh, Waterford fans all hoping we win, so your talking sh*te again! Back to school with you now!

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 11:55am
Like the facebook posts of the Cork hoolies that saw you slinking off and changing your username?

-------------

Posted By: UCDFAN
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 12:01pm
I dunno how it's going to go (match or title) both I'd like Dundalk FC to win the Double.

East Coast deserves it.

-------------
www.ucdsupporters.ie

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 12:04pm

Like the facebook posts of the Cork hoolies that saw you slinking off and changing your username?

In English and what has that got to do with this thread?

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 12:35pm
Another thread hijacked by Maxi.

-------------

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 12:37pm

Cark seem to have shaken off "settling for 2nd" which has been a problem for them in recent years.

Can't see Dundlak winning this, their league form has only been patchy of late whereas Cark are in reasonably better nick. I've fancied Cark all season and not going to jump ship now.

Rovers to administer another nail on friday.

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 3:16pm

Another thread hijacked by Maxi.

Its you that hijacked the thread just like hundreds others on here.

Enjoy watching Irelands big 2 on TV, off to the pub for a few before the game Smile

-------------

Posted By: pateen
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 4:12pm
City by one with a high scoring game. 3-2

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 6:45pm
any decent links? Eir sports are bastards to get a stream off.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Its on RTE bud.

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 6:54pm

Theres also a live link on the live football thread on the ROTW section on here which will hopefully work.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Its on RTE bud.
Is it? Either way I am still not finding it.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 7:06pm
Maguire to see City win it by one. Looks like a great atmosphere there.

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 7:12pm
http://www.vipbox.nu/football/420842/1/dundalk-vs-cork-city-live-stream-online.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.vipbox.nu/football/420842/1/dundalk-vs-cork-city-live-stream-online.html

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 7:16pm

http://www.vipbox.nu/football/420842/1/dundalk-vs-cork-city-live-stream-online.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.vipbox.nu/football/420842/1/dundalk-vs-cork-city-live-stream-online.html
Good one.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 7:20pm
First domestic non Rovers game I have really looked forward to in years

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 7:25pm
Who decided Croly would be a good pundit? I am going to have to mute it if he keeps going.

-------------

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 7:52pm
Goodness 2-0 up and it had to be Horgan with MON in the stands 

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 7:55pm
Horgan the difference so far, although McNulty had another dodgy one for the first. I cannot see how City get back into it, Maguire has had little opportunity and Dundalk will always be dangerous on the break. 

-------------

Posted By: rolo
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 7:56pm
has to be in the next squad. Second goal was class

-------------
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

has to be in the next squad. Second goal was class
He has stepped up big time

-------------

Posted By: George Zip
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 8:38pm
Great atmosphere in Oriel, p*sses all over most games at Lansdowne.
"You can shove your five grand up your h*le"

-------------
"Tell them to get out there and give it all they got and win just one for the Zipper. I don't know where I'll be then, Doc," he said, "but I won't smell too good, that's for sure."

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 8:59pm
Great game, huge win.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 9:24pm
Fair play to Dundalk, bounced back well from Saturday and they deserved the win. It was a decent game, full of effort and commitment and I have to say the better team won. City looked better in the second half, O'Sullivan made a difference but it wasn't enough. Credit to them on the atmosphere as well, was excellent and added to the occasion. I think that is the league, City have to win 5 games and still hope for a break, just can't see it.

Special mention for RTE, I was glad to find a stream after a while of looking but the whole production was awful. The kick-off time, Peter Collins in the studio would suck the life out of any event. Who decided that Croly should be in the commentary box while Kerr was in the studio? Croly sounded like he was watching paint dry, in fairness though he gets full marks for pointing out the obvious. Also, I like Tony O'Donoghue, he is a decent fella and does a good job, but who gets him to talk to the benches in the middle of the game? This is something that has irked me for a while, so disrespectful. Stuey Byrne is a **** too, always has been, always will be.

-------------

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 9:26pm
That should be the title but you never know with Dundalk's tiredness in the run in

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 9:28pm

The Empire is staying!

-------------

Posted By: Simba
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 11:52pm
Despite having backed Cork to win the league a few months ago, I'm not too disappointed with that result tonight. Have a lot of time for Stephen Kenny whereas the complete opposite could be said about John Caulfield. Much the better team overall tonight too.

Posted By: Mr.Mojo Risin'
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 12:19am
Was a good game, great win for Dundalk. Horgan brilliant again. Should go on and win it now, but some tricky games still to come. Will head up to see them play Rovers on Friday. 

Whatever the outcome in the league, it'll hopefully be a great game between these two again in the cup final. 

-------------
Ahh heya!

Posted By: Xpro
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 1:07am
Cork can play better than tonight, no question, but credit to Dundalk for disrupting their rhythm. I was a bit disappointed with last year`s final, (as a neutral), but if both sides are on top of their game next month in the Aviva then we could be in for a really good final.

As for the title race it`s certainly not over as Cork have the easier run-in. Dundalk are bound to suffer from fixture fatigue sooner or later and their game this Fri night in Tallaght will have a huge bearing on the league. Lose or draw that and it`s game on, assuming Cork win their next fixture.   

-------------
"If you fail to prepare, you`re prepared to fail" - Mark Spitz

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 9:25am
Maybe the next time Cork could play football and beat us, but yet again they just kick lumps out of us and bottle it again

Rovers not giving us tickets for Friday will result in a home stand full of Dundalk fans, all local bus companies are booked out of buses. Should have near a 1000.

-------------

Posted By: AnCearrbhach
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 9:33am
Will need to watch the game back but seemed a very weak refereeing performance. Game plan was out the window after the first goal and the City midfield was over-ran at times which I didn't see happening. Gearoid Morrissey was a big loss but Bolger had a very poor game as well. Nothing much in  it really a few decisions our way it's a different night.

-------------
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 10:50am
If Dundalk win on Friday then its all over. After yesterdays results a draw wouldn't be too bad.

When you are top and winning you don't get tired so I don't think fatigue will be a problem.

-------------

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 10:52am
Gutted i missed it last night, heard the place was rocking, huge win after the disaster on Friday night.

Cork need us to slip up twice in the last 5 games while they have to take maximum points, a win on Friday should be enough to do it hopefully, even with the short turn around to the Longford game i can't see them troubling us

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Posted By: Los Aros
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 11:31am

Maybe the next time Cork could play football and beat us, but yet again they just kick lumps out of us and bottle it again

Rovers not giving us tickets for Friday will result in a home stand full of Dundalk fans, all local bus companies are booked out of buses. Should have near a 1000.

You said all this last year and there were about 40 dundalk fans in the home section

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 11:42am

Funny, outside of your stupidity I would have no problem with Dundalk. Your players spent the second half diving and moaning, every time there was a challenge there was about 5 players around the ref. Excellent dive by Shields at the end too, even better than Ogbene's.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 1:09pm

Funny, outside of your stupidity I would have no problem with Dundalk. Your players spent the second half diving and moaning, every time there was a challenge there was about 5 players around the ref. Excellent dive by Shields at the end too, even better than Ogbene's.

Running down the clock. When your champions and better than anyone you will understand

2nd place 3 years in a row is not a bad feat. Enjoy that Presidents Cup, cause it's only one you are going to win

-------------

Posted By: Tony Cousins
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Los Aros Los Aros wrote:

You said all this last year and there were about 40 dundalk fans in the home section

I hope they bring 2,000.

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 2:09pm

Running down the clock. When your champions and better than anyone you will understand

2nd place 3 years in a row is not a bad feat. Enjoy that Presidents Cup, cause it's only one you are going to win
Endorsing cheating, spoken like the classless clown you are.ClapClapClapClap

-------------

Posted By: pateen
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 2:31pm

Disappointed with that. Better team won no doubt.

There's still time with 5 games so you just never know ... Here's hoping I guess

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 2:49pm

Endorsing cheating, spoken like the classless clown you are.ClapClapClapClap

All the great teams, Barca, Madrid, Munich do it so why be any different? It's upto the refs to spot it! In saying that only for the Ref last night you would have no Bolger Fri night. How he wasn't sent off for 2 yellows is ridiculous.

Caufield looked like a lost man on the sideline, didn't know what to do after 5 mins when it was clear we are better than you!

Enjoy coming 2nd! With all these 2nd placed finishes you think your crowds might dip and financial disaster will mean we have a new Cork City FC Foras FC group in a few years?

-------------

Posted By: The Boy Z
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 3:08pm
Really enjoyed the game and atmosphere. I would be one of those neutrals who wanted Dundalk to win. After timing I know but I fancied them to win last night, I think the Sligo result would have focused their minds and taken them out of their comfort zone. Always answer the questions asked of them and did again last night.

Thought they definitely deserved to win. Was surprised by how good Keane was and Gartland/Boyle never gave Maguire a kick. Bolger was shocking for Cork and should have been sent off. The referee was terribly inconsistent all night but I don't think he favoured anyone. Thought Horgan had a very average game apart from his goal which was brilliant.

People saying Dundalk have a more difficult run in? Really don't see it. The fixtures themselves are straight forward enough. They have easily beaten Rovers, Longford and Pats away already this season, Leaving Galway and Bohs at home. The only issue they have is so many games in a short space of time.

Cork are so much better than they were last year, it's scary. Beattie was great for them. Be interesting to see how Caulfield approaches the cup final after O'Sullivan made a big difference last night. Still reckon it will be the same team apart from Morrissey coming back into midfield for Holohan.

-------------
Theres only one sport that matters..

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

Really enjoyed the game and atmosphere. I would be one of those neutrals who wanted Dundalk to win. After timing I know but I fancied them to win last night, I think the Sligo result would have focused their minds and taken them out of their comfort zone. Always answer the questions asked of them and did again last night.

Thought they definitely deserved to win. Was surprised by how good Keane was and Gartland/Boyle never gave Maguire a kick. Bolger was shocking for Cork and should have been sent off. The referee was terribly inconsistent all night but I don't think he favoured anyone. Thought Horgan had a very average game apart from his goal which was brilliant.

People saying Dundalk have a more difficult run in? Really don't see it. The fixtures themselves are straight forward enough. They have easily beaten Rovers, Longford and Pats away already this season, Leaving Galway and Bohs at home. The only issue they have is so many games in a short space of time.

Cork are so much better than they were last year, it's scary. Beattie was great for them. Be interesting to see how Caulfield approaches the cup final after O'Sullivan made a big difference last night. Still reckon it will be the same team apart from Morrissey coming back into midfield for Holohan.

The lack of decent ball into space and into his feet didn't help, how many chances did he get to actually run at either?

Trevor Croly's commentating was shambolic, he has zero personality and should not be commentating. 

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: The Boy Z
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 3:20pm
Agree GD. Hamilton is also finished as a commentator. Doesn't know the league well enough,always calling the players the wrong name etc. Croly would be better off in the studio with Kerr as commentator (as someone said earlier). The set up Eir Sport have has really shown up how sh*t the coverage is on RTE.

-------------
Theres only one sport that matters..

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 3:29pm

Agree GD. Hamilton is also finished as a commentator. Doesn't know the league well enough,always calling the players the wrong name etc. Croly would be better off in the studio with Kerr as commentator (as someone said earlier). The set up Eir Sport have has really shown up how sh*t the coverage is on RTE.

It's actually laughable, I mean if you hand any football nut a match programme he would offer more than what the likes of Croly, Hamilton etc give the public. 

Giving the domestic league a slot at 11:20 (open to correction) of a Monday evening shows how much they care about the game! 

I can only speak for myself, but the league has gotten under my skin this season (hoping to start going to to a few matches next season) , there is a hell of a lot of potential but when you see the countries main TV operator not giving a f**k there's a serious window of opportunity missing. 

The amount of my friends locally here in Carlow talking about the league is surreal! Never seen it before, not even when FC Carlow were in existence. 

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 3:38pm

Croly would be better off working for Dulux talking about the quality of their finishes. Last night was just awful from RTE, tokenism at it's finest.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 3:43pm

Croly would be better off working for Dulux talking about the quality of their finishes. Last night was just awful from RTE, tokenism at it's finest.

LOL

With all due respect do you not think you could offer some personality or dynamism to a top of the table clash?

I've never commentated before but by heck I'd be confident in upstaging Croly. 

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

LOL

With all due respect do you not think you could offer some personality or dynamism to a top of the table clash?

I've never commentated before but by heck I'd be confident in upstaging Croly. 
There are lads in Glasnevin with more personality than him, it is astounding that he is on television in any shape or form.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 1:19am
Whatever about the commentary and studio punditry, I thought the sound mixing was very poor. By all accounts Oriel was rocking but RTE failed to convey that atmosphere. Surely they could place mics nearer the home and away support and fade up the singing at appropriate times? All we got was an ambient sound which was barely audible under the commentary.  

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Xpro Xpro wrote:

Whatever about the commentary and studio punditry, I thought the sound mixing was very poor. By all accounts Oriel was rocking but RTE failed to convey that atmosphere. Surely they could place mics nearer the home and away support and fade up the singing at appropriate times? All we got was an ambient sound which was barely audible under the commentary.  

They moved the mics away from the Shed after the last game when we sang f**k Delaney and the FAI.

-------------

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 10:03pm

They moved the mics away from the Shed after the last game when we sang f**k Delaney and the FAI.
Still heard it the last night Clap

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 1:02am
I take your point "Twoinarow" and the RTE switchboard would be jammers with complaints about obscene language. But the sound engineer or director could fade down any singing or shouting containing foul language and fade up any singing of a club`s anthem. In other words, Hamilton and Croly take a pause in commentary and the singing from both sets of fans takes centre stage.

-------------

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 1:13pm

I take your point "Twoinarow" and the RTE switchboard would be jammers with complaints about obscene language. But the sound engineer or director could fade down any singing or shouting containing foul language and fade up any singing of a club`s anthem. In other words, Hamilton and Croly take a pause in commentary and the singing from both sets of fans takes centre stage.

the confederation members would have had Joe Duffy blocked up for months

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net