Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=54539
Printed Date: 24 Apr 2024 at 3:43pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Europes Best and Worst Airports
Posted By: kevincronin2000
Subject: Europes Best and Worst Airports
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 5:57pm
A lot of people on here have traveled more than Gulliver himself and after personally having very contrasting experiences at airports travelling to and from Serbia last month i thought it was time for your opinions..... 

Worst Airport.

This Award goes to Paris Beauvais miles ahead of everywhere else unfriendly staff,  terrible queue's, poor transport infrastructure and the place wasn't the cleanest either.  My 4th time using this Airport en rout to Serbia and hopefully my last. 

Best Airport

This Award goes to Amsterdam Schiphol despite its size and long walks good transport links excellent choice of bars and restaurants very friendly and helpful support staff on the ground for when your hungover and last nights drink is starting to come out through you and you cant use the checked in luggage kiosks.  A special mention to Budapest airport too, bright clean efficient security and decent food court.

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Replies:
Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 6:00pm
Worst Airport was Waterford, it was like a cafe withna metal detector. Best was Copenhagen, in and out in five minutes and only ten minutes from town.

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 6:04pm
Worst - Corfu.

Tiny, staff don't even speak English, chaotic inside, scanning pocket luggage is an absolute nightmare as the staff just throw your phones anywhere leaving anyone to pick em up.

Best - Newcastle.

Huge range of bars, good few (but expensive) take-away chains, the only airport I know where there's a smoking area past security, coming in the border police are good craic.
Transport links are amazing, you can get from Newcastle Airport to London in about 6 hours with only 1 changeover.

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 6:07pm
Nearly all modern airports are horrible, sterile places where your soul disappears the moment you open the door, that is before you even get near security. Gatwick and CDG get special awards for trying to make the experience even more miserable.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Worst Airport was Waterford, it was like a cafe withna metal detector. Best was Copenhagen, in and out in five minutes and only ten minutes from town.

Is Waterford still in existence, sometimes small is good flew to Hahn from KERRY and found kerry to be a decent enough option.

-------------

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 6:19pm
Approved, above and beyond: Schiphol (10/10, efficient, well planned and connected, good selection of eateries etc), Copenhagen (9/10, excellent, but expensive), Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen (9/10, all you can eat and drink lounge for €15), Frankfurt-am-Main (8/10, good facilities, efficient), London City (8/10, although frankly the majority of these points are for location).

Disapproved, nasty experiences: Luton (3/10, horrible and overcrowded), Gatwick (4/10, the same problems as Luton but it is at least closer to London).

Does-what-it-says-on-the-tin: Frankfurt Hahn (7/10, albeit too far from Frankfurt am Main, but I've only ever used it for connections), Brussels Charleroi (7/10, the same, too far from Brussels, but otherwise fine for connections), Stansted (6/10, at least it's bigger and less crowded than Luton, fine for connections, albeit too far from London), Eindhoven (7/10, a bit far from Amsterdam but otherwise a grand airport).

I've been in Liverpool (6/10, fine, pain in the arse that it's not rail connected which slows down transfer), Lisbon (7/10, also fine, cheap to get to from the city on the metro), Barcelona (6/10, a bit far out of the city), Belgrade (6/10, a lot more expensive than the city, but otherwise grand), Tuzla (5/10, miles from anywhere and not much going on, but that's to be expected), Tbilisi (6/10, fine airport, just a pity about the mad flight times), Stockholm Skavsta (6/10, (can't remember it really, so I'll give it a middle of the road 6/10, as there was nothing stand out or appalling about it, obviously), Tallinn (same as Skavsta), Prague (6/10, close enough to the city, but loses out because of the absence of a direct rail link and the hassle that causes), Bergamo (7/10, lovely airport, quite new, close to the city too), Sarajevo (6/10, does what it needs to, nothing less, nothing more, a bit compact), Lyon (5/10, grand, but no TVs in the place to watch football during the Euros, which beggared belief, and quite expensive to get to from the city centre), Marseille (6/10, does the job, not too far from the city, albeit only by bus, or bus shuttle and train), Nice (6/10, closer to the city centre, better facilities than Marseille), Warsaw (7/10, efficient enough airport, not too busy), Birmingham (5/10, bad experiences at security on multiple occasions, albeit it is only an hour from Euston in London, and with cheap advance train fares for under £10, and otherwise a good airport aside from the slow security experience), Edinburgh (7/10, decent airport, well linked to the city centre by bus and tram) and Torshavn (6/10, like Tallinn and Skavsta, I don't remember much about it, although I was drinking, so that might have something to do with it).

Sh*te, I didn't realise until now just how many airports I'd been through, and I've probably missed some out.

-------------

Posted By: greenforever
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 6:24pm
Dublin Airport bar in the departures lounge, means we are on another trip Thumbs Up

Seriously Amsterdam one of the best, and Paris CDG and BVA both horrible places.

-------------
I know nothing :-)

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 6:26pm
What other airports allow smoking beyond security cos Newcastle can't be the only one surely.

When I went to Alcudia last month and saw the smoking sign I almost burst into happy tears, smokers will know what I mean by when once you're past security the wait for the next cig is never ending 

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

What other airports allow smoking beyond security cos Newcastle can't be the only one surely.

When I went to Alcudia last month and saw the smoking sign I almost burst into happy tears, smokers will know what I mean by when once you're past security the wait for the next cig is never ending 

I was coming back though Bydgoszcz last Friday and they actually have what can only be described as a giant phone-box for smoking right beside the departure gate. You pay 1 Zloty in the turnstile and then go in and have your fag. Can accommodate about 3 people I would say !

Posted By: heighway2heaven
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 6:33pm

Monstrously expensive though (and eerily quiet). I despise Manchester Airport. Pretty sure I'm on some list there as always get the full treatment at security and the ques are always bastardrous.

-------------
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I was coming back though Bydgoszcz last Friday and they actually have what can only be described as a giant phone-box for smoking right beside the departure gate. You pay 1 Zloty in the turnstile and then go in and have your fag. Can accommodate about 3 people I would say !

A staple of Polish airports I think

Belfast have smoking after security, pretty certain Dublin also and I'm not even a smoker and noticed the signs

-------------

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 6:43pm
Belfast city up there as the worst, 1 crappy bar/cafe and only serves from 12 think it is

Faro was a nightmare - how many fkn security points did they need?

Cardiff is a disaster given how far out it is and last time I visited was lacking few things

Best
Paris Orly is actually a decent airport I thought, place is massive and well equipped with everything you'd want and handy to get to.

Edinburgh I find always a good airport and the staff usually dead on.

Bit like SD, think I've been to almost all gb airports bar Bristol and Southend

Polish airports all tend to be the same though haven't been in Krakow since they were redeveloping it last year, Koln was good but wasn't too impressed with Berlin (before they opened the new terminal) though had good transport links

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 6:43pm

Its been a good few years since ive been here but Bourgas in Bulgaria used to have an open terrace for smoking

-------------

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 6:45pm
Worst: Paris Beauvais followed by Frankfurt Hahn t(he Ryanair one), Oslo Sandefjord Torp

Best:  Amsterdam, London Gatwick, from left field I will say Tallinn Estonia

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 6:50pm
The old Terminal 2 at Heathrow used to be great for the sole reason that it had a Ladbrokes !

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 7:04pm
Oh and a special mention to possibly the worst is Stockholm Skavsta or whatver the one in the middle of nowhere is called.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: eire32
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Oh and a special mention to possibly the worst is Stockholm Skavsta or whatver the one in the middle of nowhere is called.

Was that the kip we had the run in With our Turkish taxi driver friend?

Posted By: Steve Amsterdam
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 7:37pm

Amsterdam Airport has this too. On the D-Pier. And best of all: It's in Murphy's Irish Pub!

-------------
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by eire32 eire32 wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Was that the kip we had the run in With our Turkish taxi driver friend?

No that was the other one in the middle of nowhere. Stockholm Arlanda is a fine airport and coyne will be happy to know it too has a bus stop type of smoking arrangement in departures.

London Gatwick (especially south terminal) is one of the best airports in the world. Quick and efficient security and pleasant environment in departures however it loses a points for the lengthy of time from pulling away from gate to takeoff. it really needs a second runway. Heathrow is a great airport although I've only used terminals 2/3 and 5.

London Stansted is a dump and pretty much the opposite of Gatwick. Prestwick falls into the same category.

Oslo Torp has little going for it but if you've time then head to the town of Torp. A beautiful town by a fjord.

Milan Malpensa is also another dump.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 8:14pm
Now you're talking.

My favourite airport in Europe is probably Oslo Gardermoen airport, lovely place altogether, good service, good array of shops and food and so on - although Barcelona is a close second. Vienna airport is nice enough for the same reasons. Schiphol is very good. I'd actually include Dublin T2 as one of the nicer ones as well if it weren't for the fact that you've to basically walk from there to T1 for your flight in reality. Most of the German airports are lovely with a notable exception.

Some middling airports are the low-cost airline ones that are actually quite nice for small places - Brussels Charleroi is a nice one like that, as well as a decent few of the UK airports that aren't in London - Liverpool and Newcastle would come to mind.

The worst airport i've been in Europe by a mile is Paris Beauvais. Anyone who has been there will attest to that. An absolute sh*thole that's two hours outside where i need to be. There are also some of the low-cost ones where there's just nothing there at all like Krakow, Bratislava, Oslo Rygge (also miles away). Leeds Bradford an appalling sh*thole as well. The exception to the German rule is Berlin Schonefeld - an absolute dive of a place. 

Then there are ones that don't neatly fit into any of those. Budapest, if you're getting an Aer Lingus flight i'm sure is lovely, it's a great airport, but i've only ever got Ryanair and Wizzair from there so they make you stand in a shed for about 2 hours before you can board. Also brussels Zaventem, i was there a couple months ago; looks nice but security (understandably) ramped up to the nines makes it difficult to get around in it

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Now you're talking.

My favourite airport in Europe is probably Oslo Gardermoen airport, lovely place altogether, good service, good array of shops and food and so on - although Barcelona is a close second. Vienna airport is nice enough for the same reasons. Schiphol is very good. I'd actually include Dublin T2 as one of the nicer ones as well if it weren't for the fact that you've to basically walk from there to T1 for your flight in reality. Most of the German airports are lovely with a notable exception.

Some middling airports are the low-cost airline ones that are actually quite nice for small places - Brussels Charleroi is a nice one like that, as well as a decent few of the UK airports that aren't in London - Liverpool and Newcastle would come to mind.

The worst airport i've been in Europe by a mile is Paris Beauvais. Anyone who has been there will attest to that. An absolute sh*thole that's two hours outside where i need to be. There are also some of the low-cost ones where there's just nothing there at all like Krakow, Bratislava, Oslo Rygge (also miles away). Leeds Bradford an appalling sh*thole as well. The exception to the German rule is Berlin Schonefeld - an absolute dive of a place. 

Then there are ones that don't neatly fit into any of those. Budapest, if you're getting an Aer Lingus flight i'm sure is lovely, it's a great airport, but i've only ever got Ryanair and Wizzair from there so they make you stand in a shed for about 2 hours before you can board. Also brussels Zaventem, i was there a couple months ago; looks nice but security (understandably) ramped up to the nines makes it difficult to get around in it

TBF Krakow has got a revamp and the rail link to the city is the business, still needs better food outlets

-------------

Posted By: planning
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 8:36pm
Dublin used to be among the worst airports, until the second terminal came along. The place was organised chaos and far less accessible from a transport pov. Now
the second terminal resembles more like a modern airport of a major European city. But it still lacks a rail link which is standard practice throughout any Western European capital. It also has no translations whatsoever to cater for non English speakers. While English is the first language of aviation worldwide, the DAA should realise that not everyone going through it speaks it fluently.

Vienna used to be the worst airport, with it's crazy and complicated Arrivals Areas, and tedious security scans at every Departure gate. However the Arrivals area has improved recently.

Moscow Domodedovo Airport is an obstacle course of Rules and Regulations. You won't get in or out unless you pass every single one. Visas take ages to sift through, while cash can't be changed without identification. Then it all has to be got rid of before you leave. Fail to comply and you face further interminable delays.

Paris CDG is the unluckiest airport I've ever been in, and any trip I've been on that involves going through that airport, has always encountered an unexpected issue somewhere along the line.

Munich Airport is probably the best I've been to. Spacious, comfortable, efficient, with raillinks, and very easy to get to, from, and around.

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 9:28pm
Belfast international - sh*te hole but at least now the toilets are nice - God help anybody stuck there for any length of time

Stansted - grand don't mind it at al apart for the frigging delays but not a sbad as Gatwick

Gatwick South - fair if your flight is on time, if not expect to spend 30 mins driving around waiting for a take off slot

Gatwick North - terminal itself is ok gate 55;s sh*t holes with precious little seating , poor mobile signal and guanrenteed delays

Luton  - grand to fly into sh*t to fly out of

Heathrow - was pleasantly surprised when I meet up with the Hornets I think in Terminal 2 on way to srajevo  - very nice and security staff very pleasant

Special mention to Chicago O Hare ( yeah I know its not in Europe but whatever terminal I was in flying home  fuk all before security and a drinks cart after security )  disgrace

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: Hans Moleman
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 9:52pm
Paris Beauvais is bad, woefully organised and small. La Rochelle is even worse mind, you couldn't swing a cat in there. Typical terrible Ryanair spots in the arsehole of nowhere half the time.

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 10:19pm
Paris Orly and Barcelona are lovely airports. Paris beauvais is a kip as stated but Modlin Warsaw and that shed in La Rochelle run a close 2nd and 3rd for me like a construction site.

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 10:53pm

I'm going to take issue with this, and not just because I'm from here. There aren't many airports ya can rock up to with the plane out on the tarmac spinning the propellers (not big enough for jets) about 20 minutes before take off & still get on to it with little more than a ' Jaysus lads, ye cut it a bit fine, try & be on time next time' .

If its pubs or cafes or shops yer after, then, yes, it is a terrible airport. If yer looking for the shortest security queue anywhere outside of owning yer own private jet, or an airport that you can go from front door to plane in 20 minutes, its the best one I've ever been in & I wish they were all like that. Airport currently has no flights to anywhere after VKM (I think they were called, Belgian crowd) pulled their last route (to Birmingham I think) nearly a year ago & future looks bleak enough unless they get another carrier in, and there aren't many carriers operating planes small enough to land there & have a viable route, nearly all the small ones have been tried at this stage. 

Best ? Singapore, and if its shops & pubs you want, you won't go wrong there . Generally prefer the Ryanair ex-military airfield type ones as they are inevitably quieter, with generally less fcuking eejits fluting about the place, any of the smaller ones really, some nice examples in Poland, Gdansk, Poznan, Wroclaw, Krakow are all decent airports. 

Worst ? Paris CDG. Won't hear of anything else, though I'm not fond of Luton, mainly due to the fact it seems so miserable, and its always raining outside, and tis miserable. And you always end up in that ridiculously crowded main departure place for an hour while waiting on your gate to appear on a screen, before you are eventually ushered down some dull, dingy corridor to a tiny waiting room that hasn't seen paint since 1973 before heading out, in the inevitable rain, to a quarter mile walk across the tarmac in the dark. 

Dublin I have to say has improved massively, though I do think it still has ridiculously long security queues at times, and an odd time, passport checking can be slow on the way back in. Improve those 2 things, and it is probably one of the best for the sheer amount of passengers it handles. 

And seeing as I'm replying to a Cork chap, can you or someone else tell me exactly why it is that you wait forever for a checked bag to arrive at the carousel in Cork, especially on a nighttime flight ? Inside the terminal & through passport control in 5 minutes, wait an hour for the bag. WTF is all that about, the plane is beside the f**king building. Other than that, a grand airport too. 

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Now you're talking.

TBF Krakow has got a revamp and the rail link to the city is the business, still needs better food outlets

Aye i was in it a lot of times but the most recent is when it was still being done up!

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 11:10pm
Cork Airport, again handy enough airport but security dosnt open till 5am. ( 4.30 in peak season i think) so if your looking for pre flight pints on an early flight you will have to sup them fairly fast. Dont normally do the checked in bag thing but did coming back from the euros via Amsterdam didnt think the wait was that long the only thing i would say customs do seem to be sticky enough up there alway looking for cigs on the flights from the canary islands and weed from Amsterdam.
Passport control is a breeze and myself and a friend swapped passports once and still got waived through. The lack of use of airbridges is a pain in the hole too.

-------------

Posted By: sid waddell
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 11:11pm
Dublin: can't remember what it's like, even though I used to work there
Shannon: dat's not Limerick Cidday
Heathrow: grotty
Manchester: cramped, grotty and sarky
Edinburgh: ahreet big mon
Gatwick: where's the train?
Belfast City: whisssstle stop airport in Ulsssster
Stansted: drunk, sober, and then back to drunk again
Liverpool: khlass, deadly, likhe
Newcastle: champion
Sschiphole: yeeeash, I like, I like
Stockholm Arlanda: snowy
Stockholm Skavsta: doesn't exist
Gdansk: squareheaded
Krakow: a nice taxi drive out, didn't have time to get the train
Prague: swish - bus to metro sucks
Tallinn: sh*t food, like everywhere in Estonia
Geneva: boring, like everywhere in Switzerland
Barcelona: big
Girona: you can smoke
Palma: big, rusty coloured stone
Lanzarote: hell
Abu Dhabi: too tired to remember
Sydney: upside down

-------------
Edited by Trigboy 10 at 10:03pm

Posted By: de scientist
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 1:51am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

I'm going to take issue with this, and not just because I'm from here. There aren't many airports ya can rock up to with the plane out on the tarmac spinning the propellers (not big enough for jets) about 20 minutes before take off & still get on to it with little more than a ' Jaysus lads, ye cut it a bit fine, try & be on time next time' .

If its pubs or cafes or shops yer after, then, yes, it is a terrible airport. If yer looking for the shortest security queue anywhere outside of owning yer own private jet, or an airport that you can go from front door to plane in 20 minutes, its the best one I've ever been in & I wish they were all like that. Airport currently has no flights to anywhere after VKM (I think they were called, Belgian crowd) pulled their last route (to Birmingham I think) nearly a year ago & future looks bleak enough unless they get another carrier in, and there aren't many carriers operating planes small enough to land there & have a viable route, nearly all the small ones have been tried at this stage. 

Best ? Singapore, and if its shops & pubs you want, you won't go wrong there . Generally prefer the Ryanair ex-military airfield type ones as they are inevitably quieter, with generally less fcuking eejits fluting about the place, any of the smaller ones really, some nice examples in Poland, Gdansk, Poznan, Wroclaw, Krakow are all decent airports. 

Worst ? Paris CDG. Won't hear of anything else, though I'm not fond of Luton, mainly due to the fact it seems so miserable, and its always raining outside, and tis miserable. And you always end up in that ridiculously crowded main departure place for an hour while waiting on your gate to appear on a screen, before you are eventually ushered down some dull, dingy corridor to a tiny waiting room that hasn't seen paint since 1973 before heading out, in the inevitable rain, to a quarter mile walk across the tarmac in the dark. 

Dublin I have to say has improved massively, though I do think it still has ridiculously long security queues at times, and an odd time, passport checking can be slow on the way back in. Improve those 2 things, and it is probably one of the best for the sheer amount of passengers it handles. 

And seeing as I'm replying to a Cork chap, can you or someone else tell me exactly why it is that you wait forever for a checked bag to arrive at the carousel in Cork, especially on a nighttime flight ? Inside the terminal & through passport control in 5 minutes, wait an hour for the bag. WTF is all that about, the plane is beside the f**king building. Other than that, a grand airport too. 

Concur with Deise

Favourite is defo Singapore! Has absolutely everything! Dubai not fair off either along with Amsterdam. 

Worst: Perth, Darwin and Istanbul is an absolute hell hole. Helsinki is an expensive sh*t hole also with one bar. Abu Dhabi is another hell hole! 

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 4:15am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Palma: big, rusty coloured stone

Hated the size of it, my baggage collection place was 40 mins walk from where I got into the Airport

Speaking of baggage collection it's the only downside of Newcastle airport, they typically put multiple flights onto a single baggage collection conveyor belt if they land at the same so you end up with about 200-300 people doing what looks to be like a big mass version of Bruce Forysth's Generation Game where you had to remember the items going along the belt LOLDead

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 8:55am
On a worldwide note, Singapore miles ahead of anywhere else and Cairo was like Beauvais except on a much bigger scale.

-------------

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 9:37am
Really like Frankfurt Am Main plenty to do while you wait, Beauvais as already stated I've seen morgues with more life

Posted By: Darraghn92
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 9:37am
Corfu is definately the worst airport I've ever been in. Followed closely by Treviso Airport near Venice. Schiphol, Budapest and Barcelona (3 euro cans and pints) are good

Posted By: d13dave
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 9:44am
Best: Copenhagen, Schijpol, Dublin and most German Airports

Meh: Heathrow, Dublin, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester

sh*tholes: Charles De Gaule, Beauvais, Termini, Mykonos, Leeds Bradford

Some disgraceful American/Canadian Airports: Kennedy, LAX, Newark and Toronto - absolute dumps. f**king pidgeons flying around Kennedy sh*tting everywhere

Do like Atlanta though for a layover to west coast. a million different food places

Posted By: darmack
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 10:27am
Vienna is a nice one while you are waiting for a connection.
Comfortable seats that you can lie down and stretch out on.

-------------
The dark side.. And the light

Posted By: newrynyuk
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 10:49am

On a worldwide note, Singapore miles ahead of anywhere else and Cairo was like Beauvais except on a much bigger scale.

If we'reexpanding this discussion to worldwide, then Hong Kong International and Incheon (Seoul) airports stand head and shoulders above all others;  Startling efficient transports links, efficient security with brisk moving queues, vast shopping malls and food courts.

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 11:01am
Hate airports and most are sh*te especially british ones,think the only one i like is Maybe knock as you are in and out in no time.

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 11:21am
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

If we'reexpanding this discussion to worldwide, then Hong Kong International and Incheon (Seoul) airports stand head and shoulders above all others;  Startling efficient transports links, efficient security with brisk moving queues, vast shopping malls and food courts.
Ok NYNY
I will throw this one out .
Kai Tak ( in Hong Kong ) was the best airport in the world to fly into and land just a massive thrill to say the least .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 11:33am
Hong Kong is top notch, you can check in in the city centre and dump the bags 12 odd hours before the flight, so if you've a midnight flight you can check it at 11am, do your thing for the day, get the train from the city about 10pm and comfortably make your flights

Colombo the worst I was in, no bar and the airport duty free didn't take the local currency, although this has changed I think

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 11:39am
Used to use Beauvais a lot when younger and liked it, didn't feel like an airport(or hospital or shopping mall) and they were friendly enough. The old lad who ran the cafe was sound and knew his ball, if ye don't realise where an airport is before you land there then ya deserve to be lost. 

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: OohAah...
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 11:48am
Bratislava I think is the worst experience in an airport Ive had. Shoveled through hungoner tired and flu ridden after austria match to one of those holding areas with perspex roof... sun beaming. through... and not enough seats for everyone as we awaited our 1 and half hour delayed flight

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Ok NYNY
I will throw this one out .
Kai Tak ( in Hong Kong ) was the best airport in the world to fly into and land just a massive thrill to say the least .

Showing your age there Murph Tongue

Next thing, you'll be telling us New York Idlewild was always your favourite LOL

-------------

Posted By: farfar
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 12:09pm
Hope nobody else has ever had the pleasure of flying into Chambery Thumbs Down. Nice views is about the only positive.

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

I'd have loved that, shame it's closed.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Used to use Beauvais a lot when younger and liked it, didn't feel like an airport(or hospital or shopping mall) and they were friendly enough. The old lad who ran the cafe was sound and knew his ball, if ye don't realise where an airport is before you land there then ya deserve to be lost. 

Have no problems with the location of the likes of Hahn or Beauvais just because there not Paris or Frankfurt and normally only use them as a layover but Beauvais is no longer suitable for the number of passengers using the airport. The terminal building is about 5 times too small and the security q's are almost out into the carpark. Going to belgrade we had about a 6 hour layover so headed into the beautiful town of Beauvais for a few beers but struggled to find a cab to bring us back so ended up getting a lift off a liverpool lad that was walking along the street. Arrived back in the airport about 2 hours before take off to find about 500 people in a q for security, if we had not skipped the q we would have missed our flight.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 12:27pm
Southampton is a top airport : Small terminal so you are in and out in no time and right beside a train station. remember leaving Dublin before on a 9am flight and being back at base here by 11 which you can't beat.
Only downside was the Hampshire Cops interviewing us all flying to Lyon to check none of us had football banning orders !

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 12:29pm

Have no problems with the location of the likes of Hahn or Beauvais just because there not Paris or Frankfurt and normally only use them as a layover but Beauvais is no longer suitable for the number of passengers using the airport. The terminal building is about 5 times too small and the security q's are almost out into the carpark. Going to belgrade we had about a 6 hour layover so headed into the beautiful town of Beauvais for a few beers but struggled to find a cab to bring us back so ended up getting a lift off a liverpool lad that was walking along the street. Arrived back in the airport about 2 hours before take off to find about 500 people in a q for security, if we had not skipped the q we would have missed our flight.
Must have been a strong lad.

-------------

Posted By: Blue Man
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 12:34pm
Byrner, whats your favourites? Im bloody intrigued

-------------
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Blue Man Blue Man wrote:

Good point BM, I thought Byrner would have loved a thread like this LOL

I liked Hong Kong and Singapore while transiting to and from Australia 7 years ago.

Warsaw Modlin has to be the worst one I've been to, I'd have hated to have been stuck there for hours with a delayed flight.

I'm sure Lyon airport will be nice when they've finished the work on it but all I saw of it when coming home from the Euros was a series of portacabins and temporary walkways. And as mentioned, quite expensive to get to. Taxi from my hotel (6am flight so had no choice) to the express tram stop  outside Part Deux station and the express tram came to about €30 altogether. Angry 

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Posted By: UCDFAN
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 1:53pm
For Ireland
Best: City of Derry (LDY, EGAE) (Eglinton)
An early brand for 'City of Derry'.
The only airport I've flown in and out of for domestic football.  Beautiful approach following coastline and views of the Foyle estuary.  Green, then Blue..then Green all at low altitude, very nice.
Logan air (?) (LM) used to fly from DUB.  Ryanair (FH) used fly from elsewhere and the public transport service(s) [bus] met the FH flight but not the LM flight.
An early morning taxi got me back in time for the flight, after an all-nighter, but it meant missing out on the inviting heaped sausage and scrambled egg in the restaurant.  it was quite a sight and I still think about it.

Worst: Baldonnel/Casement Aerodrome (EIME)
The Irish Govt. Dept. of Defence used the excuse of the underused flight paths, east to west landing, as part of the objections to planning for Eircom Park in Citywest.  Eventually FAI's budget for planning was being reached (2.8m approx spent for 3m planning budget) and FAI Exec Comm. decision to suspend/cancel further work on the project.  An unrecorded Irish Airport Disaster.

-------------
www.ucdsupporters.ie

Posted By: Fintan
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 2:01pm
Both Belfast Airports are good for me as you are in and out in no time. Enjoy the pub with smoking area in Dublin airport. Found Krakow airport fantastic. I like a smaller airport.

Stansted in England in what I imagine hell to be like.

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Fintan Fintan wrote:

Both Belfast Airports are good for me as you are in and out in no time. Enjoy the pub with smoking area in Dublin airport. Found Krakow airport fantastic. I like a smaller airport.

Stansted in England in what I imagine hell to be like.

Have they addressed the cost of parking at Belfast City yet, got stung there going to Glasgow for the euro2016 qualifier

-------------

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 2:37pm

Now that he is actually studying to be a pilot he doesn't have the time to be on ybig preteneding to be a pilot. Which by my logic will mean that when he qualifies as a pilot in a few years, he'll reregister as BourneF, and will pretend he's an 18 year old rookie in love with the aviation game

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: randyrandolph
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 3:10pm
agree with lots of points above. 

always enjoyed derry airport for the pints before you step onto the plane. you can get from front door to departure in a few minutes too.

kerry airport is another favorite of mine.

in the uk inverness is my favorite smaller airport. beautiful scenery going in and out. 

of the london ones prefer heathrow T5. Stansted has made improvements and is now quick on arrival but it is still a horrible experience.

i love airports.

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by randyrandolph randyrandolph wrote:

always enjoyed derry airport for the pints before you step onto the plane. you can get from front door to departure in a few minutes too.

in the uk inverness is my favorite smaller airport. beautiful scenery going in and out. 

of the london ones prefer heathrow T5. Stansted has made improvements and is now quick on arrival but it is still a horrible experience.

i love airports.

ConfusedConfused 

-------------

Posted By: SByrne24
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Good point BM, I thought Byrner would have loved a thread like this LOL

I liked Hong Kong and Singapore while transiting to and from Australia 7 years ago.

Warsaw Modlin has to be the worst one I've been to, I'd have hated to have been stuck there for hours with a delayed flight.

I'm sure Lyon airport will be nice when they've finished the work on it but all I saw of it when coming home from the Euros was a series of portacabins and temporary walkways. And as mentioned, quite expensive to get to. Taxi from my hotel (6am flight so had no choice) to the express tram stop  outside Part Deux station and the express tram came to about €30 altogether. Angry 

I had a quick scan last night through the thread, id echo most points from a costumers point of view obviously I have other experiences in various airports from ATC, ground crew etc.

Singapore is possibly the best in the world, outstanding gym etc Dubai is also pretty astonishing. Modlin is possibly the worst I have ever encountered in terms of facilities and security the fact I was able to get a 2 litre bottle of Coke through is scary... Dubrovnik is pretty relaxed with their security also but not to that level. BA's terminal is fantastic, T4 a nightmare LOL

Personally i like quieter airports, i.e. Belfast City, Dublin, Belfast and now Southampton which later tonight I board a flight to Belfast for a few days less queues less hassle in general i.e. Gatwick when a passenger lands with Easy, RYR, Jet2? I think now also, they will have a 15-20 min walk to the exit.. Madness. I love CDG, its a magnificent sight, on approach.. lovely, New York shocking, just behind LAX for the worst ATC going. 

Airports will continue to improve and grow due to passenger demand, i.e. RYR released a statement yesterday which suggested they are looking close to 1000 pilots FO's in the coming year, Easyjet 500 FO's Jet2 (not sure on the exact number 200/300?) Thomson, recruiting, BA well on average we've had 30-40 a month from Easy recently.. there has never been a better time to get into the industry there simply isn't enough cadet pilots at the likes of CTC,CAE,FTE the three main schools. I'd expect a lot of airports to upgrade their facilities as Dublin have/intend to do and Belfast international who very recently had a major overhaul.

Bob, Commercial Pilot training is roughly 14 months... depending on what airline the cadet get type rated at. 

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 3:27pm
I cant understand the hatred for Stansted.

My sister lives nearby so I use it a lot.

It's a fcuking airport, I dont eat there, shop there, drink there - I use it because they have airplanes there. Get in and get out.

I like Madrid airport.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 3:29pm
Stansted is a shocking airport as is Luton, drab miserable.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Posted By: sullo-bohs
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 3:30pm
Addis Ababa is perhaps the worst airport known to man, the staff in the cafe's could not give any less of a fu*k if they tried, think I had to pay €7-8 for a plate of cold chips which took about 25mins to arrive and asking them for anything like a drink sure ye may as well of told them their mother was a ***t.

Also washing my hands whilst someone washes their feet beside me was an interesting experience, I understand cultures and prayer time for some people but surely they can wash their feet in a more easier and hygienic way.

Then the airport staff give the shop/cafe staff a good run for their money in terms of how helpful they are, and for what its worth the poxy national airline are a disgrace. Phew...rant over. 

-------------
"Napoleon chose his generals because they were lucky, not because they were brave"

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

It's a fcuking airport, I dont eat there, shop there, drink there - I use it because they have airplanes there. Get in and get out.

I like Madrid airport.

half the problem with stansted is the name, London Stansted. It's not London. It's not even close. It should be called Essex airport if anything. or just Stansted. but not london. by the time you get there on the poxy train from liverpool st you've already had a miserable experience. it stops in tottenham for christ sake. nothing should ever stop in tottenham. 

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 3:34pm
gatwick recently built a nandos which puts it up there with Singapore, which i agree is a fantastic airport.

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 3:35pm

i love airports.

ConfusedConfused 
ConfusedConfused

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 3:35pm

There is a beer garden in Dublin airport past security where you can smoke. Used to love it when I was on the lovely lovely fags

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 3:41pm

i love airports.

ConfusedConfused 
ConfusedConfused
I just don't understand it, an airport is my idea of hell.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 3:42pm

I like Madrid airport.

half the problem with stansted is the name, London Stansted. It's not London. It's not even close. It should be called Essex airport if anything. or just Stansted. but not london. by the time you get there on the poxy train from liverpool st you've already had a miserable experience. it stops in tottenham for christ sake. nothing should ever stop in tottenham. 

LOL  - Perfect.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 3:50pm
What be your favourite and worst airport from a pilot pov Byrner I'd be interested

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 4:03pm
Interesting question, some airports are challenging Madeira for example is a curse from what I've seen and been told, manual flying similar to Gibraltar, airports like that are fun. From a scenic perspective a lot of the American big cities as you'd expect, Vegas (in the evening) , NYC, Boston RY27 in particular. I despise LAX, absolutely hate the place.

I've a friend who recently joined Thomson on the 787 the views they see heading towards the Caribbean are beautiful.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 4:12pm
Interesting video in terms of the Funchal.

Would majority of airports you fly into though be programmed in the plane ?

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 4:15pm
Another BS Sbyrne fact, crew use different security to everyone else and can take through 2l bottles, including in Dublin

Source? I worked in the airport and used to do it

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 4:15pm

I like Madrid airport.

half the problem with stansted is the name, London Stansted. It's not London. It's not even close. It should be called Essex airport if anything. or just Stansted. but not london. by the time you get there on the poxy train from liverpool st you've already had a miserable experience. it stops in tottenham for christ sake. nothing should ever stop in tottenham
Apart from Man City's unbeaten run in the EPL. TongueLOL

Sorry for going off-topic for a moment there but I just couldn't resist that one. LOL

Any particular reason you hate LAX Byrner?

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Another BS Sbyrne fact, crew use different security to everyone else and can take through 2l bottles, including in Dublin

In fairness, he doesn't say he was flying as crew on that occasion. Also, if he works for BA, it would make sense that he wasn't flying as crew in or out of Modlin, where BA don't fly.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

There is a beer garden in Dublin airport past security where you can smoke. Used to love it when I was on the lovely lovely fags

Excellent stuff.

Never exactly looked around Dublin properly, by the time I get there I just want to be home with how far it is from the City Centre.

Outside peak traffic its not that bad but peak times im just sick of me life and just wanna get home

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

In fairness, he doesn't say he was flying as crew on that occasion. Also, if he works for BA, it would make sense that he wasn't flying as crew in or out of Modlin, where BA don't fly.

Fair point, comment retracted!

Posted By: Blue Man
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 4:53pm
The approach into Miami airport is absolutely amazing. Right over South Beach and the man made millionaire islands

-------------
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 5:16pm
Anyone travelling to Georgia notice the name of the Airport in Kutaisi "David the Builder Airport" never knew bob had a brother living in Georgia!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 5:47pm

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Fair point, comment retracted!

Thank you SD.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Posted By: Trigboy 10
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 6:20pm

I like Madrid airport.

the same can be said for Gatwick and Luton! You could even say Heathrow isn't London either it's out in Middlesex!

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

I like Madrid airport.

the same can be said for Gatwick and Luton! You could even say Heathrow isn't London either it's out in Middlesex!

Stansted is fine plus flight time is usually 50 mins ish unlike gatwick at 1hr 15

Plus can do a bit of work on the stansted express

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 8:57pm
In terms of the best i'd definitely have to agree with the aforementioned Amsterdam Schiphol, Hong Kong Chek Lap Kok and Singapore Changi airport. Must Say that Osaka Kansai airport was also spot on. 

Asia pretty much always has good airports though.

Lately I like travelling through Vienna as it's affordable, lounge access is easy with a daypass you can buy on the spot, and a good network to connect onwards.

London Stansted probably the worst, as the facilities are adequate enough, but the fact you can;t do on airside transfer is just bizarre. Especially in an interational hub like London!
Also pretty bad were Faro in Portugal (security understaffing a nightare) and Miami is just a big ordeal to travel onwards when connecting as the immigration process really adds onto the connecting time. Always stress to get through there.

-------------

Posted By: Fintan
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 9:32pm
Stanstead is always bunged to the rafters and the automated passport thing on the way out is a pain in the arse as invariably you are stuck behind some confused Mediterranean type. The staff are rude. There is nowhere to smoke. It is an pain in the ballix getting to it or very expensive via public transport. Utterly horrible place.

Whoever above said Modlin is crap was right.

Palma airport is like a zoo in the summer with the absolute dregs of British society roaming about yapping.

I like Gatwick. It used to be free until relatively recently from London Bridge.

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 9:40pm

Stanstead is always bunged to the rafters and the automated passport thing on the way out is a pain in the arse as invariably you are stuck behind some confused Mediterranean type. The staff are rude. There is nowhere to smoke. It is an pain in the ballix getting to it or very expensive via public transport. Utterly horrible place.

Palma airport is like a zoo in the summer with the absolute dregs of British society roaming about yapping.

I like Gatwick. It used to be free until relatively recently from London Bridge.
I believed the inbreds still liked the south of France, most have houses there just to piss the locals off. Think a few like Sardinia too, would imagine Palma be full of ordinary Tans.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 9:42pm

I like Madrid airport.

Sister lives in Cambridge so usually got picked up or train to Cambridge.
Flew to Cambridge on a Cityjet Fokker 50, great craic, airport two minutes from her gaff.

Take your point about about Tottenham.
I lived there for six weeks in the 90s and couldnt wait to get out and its a helluva lot worse now.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 9:16am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Interesting video in terms of the Funchal.

Would majority of airports you fly into though be programmed in the plane ?

It depends on various factors It is airline/airport/aircraft dependent mostly weather comes into play also, a lot of airlines actively discourage manual flying of the aircraft, which leads to lose of aptitude in the flight deck, it also leads to being 'out of the loop' as the pilot in command is basically became a costumed to monitoring the aircraft and not flying it. This at times can become evident in the sim checks. Airbus in general are more aimed towards that kind of flying due to the nature of the aircraft compared to Boeing which is hand on, it actually feels like an aircraft.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Posted By: Lodger
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 9:26am
Liepaja Airport in Latvia beats Waterford.  Takes 5 - 10 minutes to be sitting on the plane after entering the building, no longer a commercial airport however.

Agree re Beauvais, a kip of the highest order with the most uncooperative staff I've ever come across.

Posted By: Hoosay
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 10:22am

I have a theory about those machines, the problem with them is where they are positioned, there's a massive f**king window behind you as you queue for them and on a sunny day the brightness from the window means that the camera can't focus properly because there's too much light going into the lens.
If you ever spend time queueing up keep an eye on the people ahead of you and you will see that more people who use the machines on the left hand side have problems than those on the right because the ones on the right don't get as much sunshine on the camera.

Posted By: d13dave
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 10:44am
Forgot to mention Zurich - top top airport. 

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 12:19pm

I like Madrid airport.

Sister lives in Cambridge so usually got picked up or train to Cambridge.
Flew to Cambridge on a Cityjet Fokker 50, great craic, airport two minutes from her gaff.

Take your point about about Tottenham.
I lived there for six weeks in the 90s and couldnt wait to get out and its a helluva lot worse now.
It is great for connecting Cambridge and Ireland alright, not that I will be using it for a lot now! Cambridge is a bit of a kip too mind.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 12:28pm

Cambridge is a bit of a kip too mind.
LOL
I walked from the runway, through a small building and I was in the car park.
LOL

Has anyone on here, apart from Baron von Richthofen, been on a Fokker 50, great fun.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 12:29pm

Cambridge is a bit of a kip too mind.
LOL
I walked from the runway, through a small building and I was in the car park.
LOL

Has anyone on here, apart from Baron von Richthofen, been on a Fokker 50, great fun.

I meant the city, they are closing the airport forpassenger flights.

-------------

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 12:33pm
Anyone here ever have the misfortune of travelling through Bourgas airport in Bulgaria? An awful kip

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 1:28pm
Luton is a sh*thole and £5.10 a pint of piss.

Alicante itself is a decent airport let down by some of the mongs going home from Benidorm to Burnley and Ballyfermot.

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Posted By: alihau41
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 1:40pm
zadar airport. they have to stop the road traffic when planes are coming/going as there's a crossover point between both. not sure if it's still the same, but when I flew out of there in 2008, everyone was smoking inside

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 1:55pm

I have, not today or yesterday though, must be the guts of 25 years ago now. An aircraft once memorably described as a Renault 4L with wings LOL

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 1:57pm
Memmingen is a coont of a place to get to and its a shed.

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Alicante itself is a decent airport let down by some of the mongs going home from Benidorm to Burnley and Ballyfermot.

yep, agreed. terrible main bar... 

best thing about gatwick airport (apart from the nandos) is the small "london bar" upstairs. Punk IPA and a local sussex pale ale on tap. 

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 2:11pm

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

yep, agreed. terrible main bar... 

best thing about gatwick airport (apart from the nandos) is the small "london bar" upstairs. Punk IPA and a local sussex pale ale on tap. 

Dark Star? Gatwick is hell, the worst of the worst, an overpriced and awful quality chicken and chips won't save it. I recommend a trip to nearby Crawley, a beautiful place, even by English big town standards.

-------------

Posted By: Darraghn92
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 2:20pm
Luton is sh*t but it has Frank & Bennies which is better than the food places in most airports

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 2:29pm
Aren't all Airports overpriced?

Newcastle I paid £6.90 for a Burger King Happy Meal and in Palma I paid €7 for a Baguette chicken sandwich Angry 

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Memmingen is a coont of a place to get to and its a shed.

German friend of mine is from Memmingen say it's easier for them to fly to Munich then Memmingen it's that bad LOL

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net