Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=54520
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 4:37pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Horse Racing
Posted By: Borussia
Subject: Horse Racing
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 11:16am
I know there is a Cheltenham thread but I couldn't find a general horse racing one.

Bit of a shocker with O'Leary taking his horses away from Willie Mullins !

Replies:
Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 11:20am
Next seasons irish trainer championship betting after todays news

Elliott 8/11
Mullins Evens

Mightn't be the worst news for irish racing that today. Was a bit one sided the last few years. Might see a few good horses racing each other now rather than avoiding each other and being aimed at other races as they were both trained by Mullins

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 11:28am
I would agree with that - Can't see all of them going to Gordon Elliott (though a lot will). Will definitely make things more competitive 

Posted By: Neil Armstrong
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 11:32am
Yeah owners alan & ann potts done the same with their horse move them from Henry de Bromhead yard to the Tizzards in England.

De Bromhead blow as Potts remove final horses

By Richard Forristal 7:45AM 1 SEP 2016 

THE multiple Grade 1-winning partnership between Henry de Bromhead and leading owners Alan and Ann Potts has come to an end following the removal of 13 horses from the Waterford trainer’s stable last week.

Sizing John, one of last season’s elite novice chasers, is now being trained by Jessica Harrington, who has also been sent the smart Supasundae. The mud-loving grey Smashing is among those to have joined Mouse Morris. Colm Murphy and Jim Dreaper are the other beneficiaries of the shock decision to completely dispense with De Bromhead’s services.

All four trainers were already on the Potts roster.

De Bromhead’s association with the Pottses yielded tremendous success at the highest level, spearheaded by the superlative feats of dual Cheltenham Festival hero Sizing Europe.

The 2011 Champion Chase winner was responsible for eight of the ten Grade 1 triumphs De Bromhead and the Pottses enjoyed together since landing the 2008 Irish Champion Hurdle field by eight lengths.

'It would be a blow to any stable'

“The horses left last week,” De Bromhead confirmed yesterday, although he would not be drawn on the reasons behind the departure of owners who were surpassed by only Gigginstown Stud, JP McManus and Rich Ricci in last season’s owners’ title championship.

De Bromhead added: “It would be a blow to any stable, but we wish them the best of luck. Alan and Ann have been great supporters over the years but things move on and we’ll drive on again now. We enjoyed a lot of success together, winning the Champion Chase with Sizing Europe, and winning our first Grade 1 together in the Irish Champion Hurdle was brilliant.”

Despite the loss of such classy operators as Sizing John, Smashing and Supasundae, De Bromhead, who still has more than 50 horses at his Knockeen stable on the outskirts of Waterford, was magnanimous about the development.

“We have a lot of nice horses to look forward to for the season ahead,” he added.

-------------
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 11:38am
I'd say Potts is now kicking himself - Could have had his horses with Mullins had he known !

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 1:15pm
As someone who works in the horse racing industry I'm delighted with the news, definitely more scope now for smaller trainers to break the monopoly on a regular basis again. 

Willow Grange should win the last in Sligo, Danny Mullins lost his whip and held the horse up way too far back in Downpatrick 5 days ago, but stayed on like a train and finished 3rd. 

At 4/5 I wouldn't be throwing the mortgage on Willow Grange, as it's only a chase in Sligo but i'd be very surprised if it doesn't win. 

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 1:16pm
All over fees the Mullins are charging? Any idea what sort of % they were increasing fees? Do trainers just make money of fees or do they get a cut of winnings too?

Ironic that Michael O'Leary gets his knickers in a twist over fees!

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

All over fees the Mullins are charging? Any idea what sort of % they were increasing fees? Do trainers just make money of fees or do they get a cut of winnings too?

Ironic that Michael O'Leary gets his knickers in a twist over fees!

Jockeys get around 9% (open to correction) I think Trainers get in an around the same, maybe slightly more.

Any big stable would be making a lot of money on training fee's too. 

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Posted By: captkeen
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 1:23pm

Seemingly Mullins wanted to charge him for the horses using the toilets, O`Leary lost it. Wouldn't`t be surprised if there's a bit more to this story.

-------------
Live Long and Prosper.

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 1:49pm
Willie should have offered to throw in some scratch cards to seal the deal.

Wonder if this might encourage the likes of Colm Murphy to reconsider his decision to quit.

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 5:02pm
The 60 horses are going out to the 5 trainers Gigginstown already work with.Its a serious hit for Mullins yard.

Posted By: athlonecelt
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 11:50pm
Can't imagine O ' Leary was good at letting Willie / Ruby get on with the decision making around the yard. O Leary has an opinion on everything and is very sure of himself. Mullins appears to have to humour Rich Ritchie as it is, and who wouldn't.

But it must have been testing at times

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 12:39am
Originally posted by athlonecelt athlonecelt wrote:

Can't imagine O ' Leary was good at letting Willie / Ruby get on with the decision making around the yard. O Leary has an opinion on everything and is very sure of himself. Mullins appears to have to humour Rich Ritchie as it is, and who wouldn't.

Rich basically said as much in an interview on ATR that he let's Ruby and Willie make the logical decision's because who is he to argue given their knowledge and experience. 

If Willie reckon's said horse should go for said race, Rich will nearly always go with Willie's decision, but like any partnership there will always be the few exceptions. 

-------------

Posted By: Trigboy 10
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by athlonecelt athlonecelt wrote:

Rich basically said as much in an interview on ATR that he let's Ruby and Willie make the logical decision's because who is he to argue given their knowledge and experience. 

If Willie reckon's said horse should go for said race, Rich will nearly always go with Willie's decision, but like any partnership there will always be the few exceptions. 
Davy Russell given 3 day ban for the whip and got another 14 days for his behaviour in the stewards room! Any idea what he did?

Posted By: erimus
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 11:25am
Will probably affect WPM in the short term but not the long term. Wouldnt surprise me if they have already filled the 60 stables. 
Also heard a while ago that Marwan Koucash was going to start getting involved with national hunt and send a string to mullins. Dont know if anything has developed on that though

-------------
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 11:28am
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

Will probably affect WPM in the short term but not the long term. Wouldnt surprise me if they have already filled the 60 stables. 
Also heard a while ago that Marwan Koucash was going to start getting involved with national hunt and send a string to mullins. Dont know if anything has developed on that though

I had saw him comment on that at one stage but you could tell at that point that he wasn't that interested and was far more interested in the flat. 

Posted By: Colum
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 12:33pm
Won a pair of tickets to Dundalk tonight if anyone is interested? They're printable so can email them to whoever wants them. Knew I wasn't free this evening so not even sure why I entered the draw. First race off around 5.30 I think

Gone

Posted By: erimus
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 2:35pm
No idea what Davy did in the stewards room but id say he went ballistic.
Not taking any rides today or over the weekend as is "unwell"

Doesnt seem a happy camper 

-------------
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 2:42pm
I have a pair of tickets to Dundalk meeting tonight. I will email them onto anyone who wants them.

Just send me a PM.

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 3:28pm
Moscow Flyer - What a horse. My favourite NH horse and not sure anything will top that. 

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 5:57pm
Sounds like a very nasty incident at Kempton earlier - Hope the 2 jockeys are OK. 

Posted By: HuntysCousin
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 10:36pm
Jim Crowley has been discharged anyway,the other lad is stable in Intensive Care

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 12:19am
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Jim Crowley has been discharged anyway,the other lad is stable in Intensive Care
Puns are a bit unnecessary.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 12:27am

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: daithi
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 12:33am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

But sometimes you have just got to run with them

-------------
Just because it's tradition does not make it right

Posted By: colmoc
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 8:19am

good to hear Crowley wasn't kept in hospital furlong

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 10:09am
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

I was only horsing around

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 10:25am

Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

I was only horsing around
Neigh bother.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 8:54pm
Freddy Tylicki paralysed from the waist down after the fall at Kempton

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 9:30pm

Freddy Tylicki paralysed from the waist down after the fall at Kempton

Saw that on ATR ,poor lad .

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 11:25pm
Awful stuff - Got to feel for him and his family

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 5:12pm
Vautour after being put down after breaking a leg in training, huge blow to Mullin's team.Avant tout was put down earlier too

Posted By: Charlton's Child
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 5:23pm
Just heard this , terrible news

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 5:26pm
Will be some very expensive steaks on the menu in the local restaurants so

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 4:33pm
So, Ruby takes a turn just before the start and Labiak then plants himself and doesn't start. Looked like he was going to jump off first time....

Posted By: Croftman
Date Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 4:43pm
Agree 100%. Would definitely have gone if he Walsh hadn't turned. He knew what he was at Thumbs Down

-------------
Some people just deserve a slap

Posted By: GUFC_Andy
Date Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 5:10pm
Irish racing full of gangsters

-------------
Don't ban me for no reason, please.

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 7:04pm
Them coonts that own that labaik are getting done by cab and rightly fckin so, scum, and fckin racing in Ireland is full of coonts like that

-------------

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 3:56pm
13.40 @ yarmouth 

50/1 shot holds on to beat the 4/6 heavily backed fav by a short head.

2 hours later its been reported the wrong horse was ran in and won the race LOL

Yarmouth officials saying there was 2 horses from the same yard in the stable and a stable girl took the wrong horse out and nobody spotted it even though it was a 2 year olds only race and this horse was a 3 year old who was declared as a non runner in the 3.15 apparently. Officials still havent disqualified or voided the race. 

Brilliant carry on LOL

-------------

Posted By: Neil Armstrong
Date Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 4:30pm
A tale befitting of a Dick Francis novel brought unexpected drama to a sleepy summer card at Yarmouth on Thursday when the 50/1 winner of the opening contest was subsequently found to have been year-older stablemate Millie's Kiss.

Favourite-backers were left fuming after the race after the odds-on Fyre Cay was found half an hour after the race was over to have been beaten a neck by Millie's Kiss, a 70-rated three-year-old due to run later on the card, rather than cheaply-bought debutante Mandarin Princess.

Both horses were trained by Charlie McBride, but a mix-up in the racecourse stables saw the wrong horse saddled up and make a winning debut under John Egan.

"All of the horses are brought into the stables, tested for their microchips and allocated stable boxes as they arrive," stipendiary steward Tony McGlone told At The Races.

"Mr McBride was delayed leaving the weighing room with the saddle. Meanwhile, his groom had taken the horse to the stabling boxes, but Mr McBride went back to the stables and put the saddle on the wrong horse.

"After it had won, we sent the horse for routine testing as normal. The veterinary officer tested the horse's chip and found it was the wrong one.

"We've listed the enquiry, we'll send the report on, and the BHA have 14 days to decide whether an offence has taken place, but it seems like a genuine mistake.

"I can't remember anything like this ever happening before, which shows you that the systems we have in place usually work to prevent this sort of thing from happening, but like everything, nothing is entirely failsafe."

Sky Bet confirmed shortly after the news broke that they would pay out on odds-on runner-up Fyre Cay, as well as the first horse past the post.

Spokesman Michael Shinners said: "This is a bizarre, virtually unprecedented incident and punters who backed the second have every right to feel hard done by.

"We feel they deserve to be paid out, so that's what we're doing.

"However, anyone backing the 'winner' did so in good faith, too, so they'll also be paid out."

A report issued by the British Horseracing Authority read: "The stewards held an inquiry to consider the circumstances surrounding the identification of the winner, Mandarin Princess, trained by Philip (Charlie) McBride, which was presented at the sampling unit for routine testing.

"The scan identified the horse to be Millie's Kiss, the trainer's other runner in race four.

"They interviewed the trainer, the stable groom, the veterinary officer and the equine welfare integrity officer responsible for the sampling unit.

"Having heard their evidence they referred the matter to the head office of the British Horseracing Authority and ordered Millie's Kiss to be withdrawn from race four."

Related links

-------------
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!

Posted By: ccfcmurphy
Date Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 4:39pm
bate all

-------------
There's no point being the richest man in the graveyard

Posted By: Croftman
Date Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 5:08pm
Serious stroke pulled there

-------------
Some people just deserve a slap

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 12:41am
The Arc meeting coming up this weekend. Obviously Enable is the big draw in the main race, but there is some other potentially great races going on as well. Looking forward to seeing how Caravaggio gets on myself

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 2:02am
Shame Cracksman won’t be running in the Arc, I will probably back Ullysees e/w in that.
It’ll be interesting to see how Winter does in 2:20 on Sunday after the disappointment at Leopardstown recently

-------------

Posted By: GB 1HughJarse
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 10:00am
Just the 4 out of 5 this year for Aidan O'Brien in the English Classics.

He has now trained 29 Classic winners in England.

4 x 1,000 Guineas
8 x 2,000 Guineas
6 x Derby
6 x Oaks
5 x St Leger

4 out of 5 Classics this year in Ireland as well.
Now 39 Irish Classics in total.

7 x 1,000 Guineas
11 x 2,000 Guineas
12 x Derby
5 x Oaks
4 x St Leger

Crazy stats.

Posted By: The White Cafu
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 10:25am
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Just the 4 out of 5 this year for Aidan O'Brien in the English Classics.

He has now trained 29 Classic winners in England.

4 x 1,000 Guineas
8 x 2,000 Guineas
6 x Derby
6 x Oaks
5 x St Leger

4 out of 5 Classics this year in Ireland as well.
Now 39 Irish Classics in total.

7 x 1,000 Guineas
11 x 2,000 Guineas
12 x Derby
5 x Oaks
4 x St Leger

Crazy stats.

Mad stats alright but I'm not surprised seeing as he'd have 3 running in almost all of the classics and can almost control the race to suit his favourite!

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 2:49pm
Aidan O'Brien breaks the world record for group 1's in a calendar year

-------------

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 1:55pm
16.30 Plumpton - Benefical Joe.

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Posted By: cm79
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Withdrawn at the start?

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by cm79 cm79 wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Withdrawn at the start?

It couldn't handle the pressure of being on this thread.
Wink

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 3:41pm
26 group ones for O’Brien. Some ride from Moore on Saxon warrior

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 3:26pm
Lucky Pass suffers a fatal injury after winning the 2:50 at Galway.

Gordon Elliot won’t have a stable left at this rate

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 2:10pm
Any fancies in the big races today?

Road to Respect and Cue Card usually at his peak this season time of year my 2 selections

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 2:43pm
Jesus, Our Duke was nowhere. Too early in the season to be putting real money on it yet

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 3:23pm
Some day for the close finishes in the National Hunt racing, yet to come out on the right side of one of them yet as well

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 4:11am
123 for Ireland in the Melbourne Cup. Great stuff

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 1:58am
Altior is out until March, could potentially miss Cheltenham as well

Date Posted: 27 Dec 2017 at 2:05pm
Anyone see the Paddy Paddy Hurdle!

Never seen drama like it

-------------

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 27 Dec 2017 at 3:05pm
Yeah crazy race!
Heading up to Lep tomorrow

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 27 Dec 2017 at 5:00pm
Early inspection at Leopardstown in the morning
Heavy frost tonight so not too hopeful
Remember being up there a few years back and it was cancelled due to heavy fog

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 1:43pm
What a win for Apple's Jade Clap

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 8:10pm
Anybody see that Joseph O'Brien went on twitter to try and name one of his horse ? He's picked 4 and is running a vote. Anyways, I think "Seldom Is Precious" is a great suggestion and would encourage you all to vote for it Wink

https://twitter.com/JosephOBrien2/status/951538197506482177

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Anybody see that Joseph O'Brien went on twitter to try and name one of his horse ? He's picked 4 and is running a vote. Anyways, I think "Seldom Is Precious" is a great suggestion and would encourage you all to vote for it Wink

https://twitter.com/JosephOBrien2/status/951538197506482177

Bump - In case anybody wants to give my suggestion a vote !

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 11:27am
Jesus, that's tight in voting! Saw it before and thought it was the best name before seeing this.

I suggested 'Dave', it didn't make the shortlist unfortunately.

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 11:28am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Jesus, that's tight in voting! Saw it before and thought it was the best name before seeing this.

I suggested 'Dave', it didn't make the shortlist unfortunately.

To be fair, there are some belter names people could come up with but none of them were ever going to get picked for this !!!

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 3:53pm
I'd name it Liquor senseless

-------------

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 9:13am
Peter Casey RIP

https://www.independent.ie/sport/horse-racing/much-loved-racing-trainer-peter-casey-passes-away-36536515.html" rel="nofollow - https://www.independent.ie/sport/horse-racing/much-loved-racing-trainer-peter-casey-passes-away-36536515.html

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Peter Casey RIP

https://www.independent.ie/sport/horse-racing/much-loved-racing-trainer-peter-casey-passes-away-36536515.html" rel="nofollow - https://www.independent.ie/sport/horse-racing/much-loved-racing-trainer-peter-casey-passes-away-36536515.html

"I'll be f**king having sex tonight"

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 12:19pm
The rights to Irish Racing have now been sold to Racing UK starting from next Jan. Rubbish.

Posted By: Il Principe
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 12:50pm

The rights to Irish Racing have now been sold to Racing UK starting from next Jan. Rubbish.

disaster all round Cry

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Il Principe Il Principe wrote:

disaster all round Cry

You have to wonder if ATR will survive losing this - Irish racing is such a big part of their output.

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 3:43pm
That was depressing watching the machine lose

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 10:39pm
We have a new superstar in Irish racing
Samcro is special

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 3:25pm
Saxon Warrior and Alpha Centauri both retired today because of injuries. Such a shame, especially in the latter's case, would have loved to see her run at the Breeder's Cup

Posted By: GB 1HughJarse
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 9:44pm
3 out of 5 this year for Aidan O'Brien in the English Classics.

He has now trained 35 Classic winners in England.

5 x 1,000 Guineas (4 behind record)
10 x 2,000 Guineas (record)
7 x Derby (joint record)
7 x Oaks (6 behind record)
6 x St Leger (10 behind record)

2 out of 5 Classics this year in Ireland.
Now 42 Irish Classics in total.

8 x 1,000 Guineas (record)
11 x 2,000 Guineas (record)
13 x Derby (record)
5 x Oaks (1 behind record)
5 x St Leger (4 behind record)

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 6:27pm
What a horse Altior is, unbeaten over hurdles and fences. Very excited to see him go up in trip in the King George at the end of the year

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 7:58pm
Yeah, top class. Could be a great King George. 

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 1:17pm
Punchestown week Clap

Anyone fancy anything?

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 1:20pm
I think Paddy Power's Offer about Klassical Dream today is a good one as I like Quick Grabim

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 1:26pm
I got word in Limerick on Saturday for Conron (running tomorrow in the first)

I see Racing TV are doing a fantastic deal at €12 a month for 12 months Thumbs Up

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 1:36pm

I think Paddy Power's Offer about Klassical Dream today is a good one as I like Quick Grabim
Have Quick Grabim backed aswell very good offer that 

Posted By: LO SCIENZIATO
Date Posted: 01 May 2019 at 9:23am
Penny Out in the last is going about big time this morning in Waterford. 50/1 small E/w on 

Posted By: irish_major
Date Posted: 01 May 2019 at 10:17am
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Penny Out in the last is going about big time this morning in Waterford. 50/1 small E/w on 

Should not be 50/1 on form. 
Don't think anything beats the fav though and you can get 40/1 without the fav which is a good each way bet imo.

-------------
Here we go again

Date Posted: 01 May 2019 at 3:51pm

I see Racing TV are doing a fantastic deal at €12 a month for 12 months Thumbs Up
Unlucky 

Posted By: LO SCIENZIATO
Date Posted: 01 May 2019 at 4:12pm

Unlucky 

yeah pretty unlucky. thought he got boxed in about 4 to 5f out and it was probably the deciding factor in losing the race. 

Date Posted: 01 May 2019 at 6:27pm
Walsh announces his retirement

-------------

Date Posted: 01 May 2019 at 6:27pm
Some run by Kemboy there, Al Boum Photo looked iffy enough at a few of the fences. The Gold Cup at next years Cheltenham could be brilliant. The 2 of those, the RSA first 3, Lostintranslation, possibly Altior and Cyrname too

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 01 May 2019 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Walsh announces his retirement
Will be a huge loss for horse racing. Despite some of the stick he got for the likes of Annie Power he was unbelievable. His run on Kemboy today really shows that.

Date Posted: 01 May 2019 at 6:53pm
He is only 39! Shocked 

-------------

Date Posted: 01 May 2019 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Should have f*ckin known she’d be useless when I saw John Kiely’s name beside her

Date Posted: 01 May 2019 at 8:28pm
Gypsy Island looks a serious horse, sailed thru winning the last 

Date Posted: 01 May 2019 at 11:33pm
Best jockey I’ve seen by some distance (maybe a furlong) 

For all the talk and accolades thrown at McCoy over the years, when it came to big meetings Walsh was on a different level to the rest

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 01 May 2019 at 11:37pm
Helps when you get the pick of the horses.

He’s no Davy Russell Big smile

Date Posted: 01 May 2019 at 11:40pm
It’s no coincidence that Nicholls was the best trainer about when Walsh was there and then Mullins became the top man when he moved back to Ireland 
If I owned a good horse I know who I’d have wanted on it anyway 

Date Posted: 02 May 2019 at 12:22am
Takes a big man to ride the favourite in the biggest races consistently, we’ve all questioned him at times but he’s definitely in the top 2 of all time with AP for me. 

Date Posted: 03 May 2019 at 11:04pm
got my biggest ever bet up today. Did a 60p each way lucky 15, 4 winners at Punchestown
Returned £2,200 Cool

Date Posted: 03 May 2019 at 11:27pm
Love it, enjoy the winnings. 

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 03 May 2019 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

got my biggest ever bet up today. Did a 60p each way lucky 15, 4 winners at Punchestown
Returned £2,200 Cool
ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 04 May 2019 at 12:09am

Returned £2,200 Cool
ClapClapClapClap
You come across a miserable **** so seriously hope you enjoy this!!

Date Posted: 04 May 2019 at 3:33am

Returned £2,200 Cool
ClapClapClapClap
You come across a miserable **** so seriously hope you enjoy this!!
LOL
Nice one Baggio Clap

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net