Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=54365
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 1:50am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Olamide Oluwatimilehin Babatunde Oluwaka Shodipo
Posted By: schillaci
Subject: Olamide Oluwatimilehin Babatunde Oluwaka Shodipo
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 12:49am
Mide Shodipo to his mates. Smile   I'm gonna give this lad a thread of his own. On the verge of a breakthrough season at QPR having played a big part in pre-season and impressed. QPR Manager JF Hasselbaink has said he's going nowhere on loan and expects him to play a part this year. Born in Dublin of Nigerian heritage and brought up in London, he's played for our U-19s.

QPR fans have been singing his praises in the last month. A powerful and pacy winger.  

Replies:
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 12:51am
A few quotes from QPR fans forum that I posted on the other thread;

Really impressed with Shodipo, proper winger

Hope JFH satarts Shopido against Leeds. Hes ready imo and will do his confidence the world of good

Shopidio needs to start against Leeds. Raw potential but he looks to have the maturity and class to handle it. I'd personally chuck him in for the first 2 or 3 games and see how he goes.

Agree play Shopido every time he got on ball he looked positive. No such thing as to early. Football is an easy game made complicated by individuals. Give the kid his stripes

Already better than El Khayati, as goof as el khayati skill is and he does get in the box , his end product isnt great. Shodipo got past his man or won a corner most times plus he has a better cross on him.

Shodipo will be a class act. He needs to learn not to take on the world on his own that will come with game time. 

Paddy Shodipo looked promising. Runs like he's soiled himself though.

Shopido is already way better than El-Khayati. A definite starter IMO.

I could not agree more!!

Posted By: OscarDelta
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 1:13am
I ain't putting his name on the back of a shirt............................. @ a euro a letter nor doing the Give us an O, Give us an L and would take the whole game.

Good luck to him and hope he makes it.

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 8:20am
Originally posted by OscarDelta OscarDelta wrote:

I ain't putting his name on the back of a shirt............................. @ a euro a letter nor doing the Give us an O, Give us an L and would take the whole game.

Really come out of nowhere this lad. Even the QPR fans are saying that. (Some of them even spelling his name wrong he's that much unknown, and the QPR website only put his photo up on the player profiles the other day). Thread on their forum asking posters to pick the starting XI for the first game. EVERY one who replied has Shodipo starting.
I'm starting to get a serious horn for this lad LOL 

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/showthread.php?193474-Team-for-Leeds

Posted By: Darrener
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 8:36am
Originally posted by OscarDelta OscarDelta wrote:

Humorous

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 11:37am
Thread on here about him already.

http://forum.ybig.ie/olamide-shodipo-qpr_topic53868.html" rel="nofollow - Link

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 11:54am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Thread on here about him already.

http://forum.ybig.ie/olamide-shodipo-qpr_topic53868.html" rel="nofollow - Link

That thread can get to f**k. Mine, with his full official name is better. Tongue

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by schillaci schillaci wrote:

Mide Shodipo to his mates. Smile   I'm gonna give this lad a thread of his own. On the verge of a breakthrough season at QPR having played a big part in pre-season and impressed. QPR Manager JF Hasselbaink has said he's going nowhere on loan and expects him to play a part this year. Born in Dublin of Nigerian heritage and brought up in London, he's played for our U-19s.

QPR fans have been singing his praises in the last month. A powerful and pacy winger.  

Nigerian heritage me bollocks, that's an Achill name Id ever I heard one.

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: OscarDelta
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

One of the Black Irish.........................?

Posted By: gufct
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 11:09am
Starts for QPR today good luck to him.

-------------
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.

Posted By: greenlad
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 11:13am

it would probably take a month to sing his name...LOL
THERES ONLY ONE Olamide Oluwatimilehin Babatunde Oluwaka Shodipo..ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Posted By: greenlad
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 11:13am
only messing, good luck to the lad, get a green jersey on him soon.ClapClapClapClapClapClap

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 12:31pm
This guy looks very good in this game v Leeds. The Commentator has praised Shodipo a couple of times already. Says he likes the look of him and how he has put over as many crosses with both feet.

Posted By: DeclanDaly
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 1:13pm
From Guardian MBM:

40 mins: Shodipo chases Coyle down the left and charges down a clearance. Early days, but this kid (only just 19) looks bloody mustard.

-------------
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"

Posted By: AussieGreen
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 1:26pm
He just came off in the 67th minute.Excellent 1st half.Was quiter in the 2nd half.Brilliant prospect as long as he doesn't deflect.

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

From Guardian MBM:

40 mins: Shodipo chases Coyle down the left and charges down a clearance. Early days, but this kid (only just 19) looks bloody mustard.
Good to hear, but what sort of a description is that from a fella paid to write it.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: The O'Shea
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 1:37pm
Hardly touched the ball in the second half before being substituted unfortunately. He's slighter than I thought he was but still young I suppose.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Posted By: liam_in_germany
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 1:42pm
Will he actually play for us though? How long did he live here?

Posted By: The O'Shea
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 1:44pm
He was born here... And he's already played for us at underage level so we're in pole position if nothing else.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

From Guardian MBM:

Good to hear, but what sort of a description is that from a fella paid to write it.

Ask him: Nick.Miller@theGuardian.com

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 1:50pm

From Guardian MBM:

Ask him: Nick.Miller@theGuardian.com
I should have guessed. Himself and Amy Lawrence Dead

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Fozzy B
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 1:54pm

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 2:11pm
Thread on him on one of the QPR ones.

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/showthread.php?193540-The-Olamide-Oluwatimilehin-Babatunde-Oluwaka-Shodipo-Appreciation-Thread" rel="nofollow - http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/showthread.php?193540-The-Olamide-Oluwatimilehin-Babatunde-Oluwaka-Shodipo-Appreciation-Thread

-------------

Posted By: Eire_Andy
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 2:25pm
He's been getting some amount of praise anyway

Posted By: gazurtoids
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 2:55pm
Looks to have some talent.....but he's a looong long way off anything regarding the Irish national team

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 3:18pm

Surely the last bit of this post should be in the "phrases people get wrong" thread LOL

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Surely the last bit of this post should be in the "phrases people get wrong" thread LOL

A very pedantic entry that'd have been Doc. My feckin phone keeps autospelling Id when I type 'if' and is when I type 'us'

-------------

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 7:31am
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

Looks to have some talent.....but he's a looong long way off anything regarding the Irish national team
Not really, we are hardly blessed in the wide areas.

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 7:55am
Was at the game, was good in flashes but not in the game much, would agree he is a long way off the national team, but he's only young and it was his first match so wouldn't read too much in to it

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 9:29am
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

You'd be surprised. A winger is the type of player that can suddenly emerge from nowhere. Its probably the easiest position to make a sudden breakthrough, in that the risk is obviously lower than throwing in a 19 year old rookie at Centre Half.

Posted By: bannerboy95
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 2:54pm
Showed well for the ball not afraid to take on his man crossing was good two decent feet still though early days hopefully he can live up to his potential

Posted By: BigPodge
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 3:01pm
Olamide Oluwatimilehin Babatunde Oluwaka Shodipo

That's the worst name I ever heard...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-LtddOgUCE" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-LtddOgUCE

Can we call him Oobos for short?

Best of luck to him Clap

-------------

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 3:04pm
Maybe he'd want to play for Nigeria's under 17's in the next year or two?

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Posted By: Irish2011
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 3:06pm
Be worth bringing in for the Oman game in my opinion. No harm in giving the lad some experience.

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 3:31pm
For his name alone, I really hope he makes it to international standard

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

For his name alone, I really hope he makes it to international standard
Could be interesting to see if anyone would like to put his name on the back of a shirt .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Irish2011 Irish2011 wrote:

Be worth bringing in for the Oman game in my opinion. No harm in giving the lad some experience.

Why? Because he had one game, and not even that good a one at that, for QPR?

Posted By: Peter Stöger
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 5:42pm
To the tune of 'Trapattoni's Green White Army': Olamide Oluwatimilehin Babatunde Oluwaka Shodipo LOLLOLLOL

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 6:40pm
Ah here, we'll have to gaelasise that name. Ollie will do.

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

duplicate post

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 11:47pm

Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Does anyone know how to pronounce Olamide. On the TV they said it like 'Malahide'.  I thought it would be mor like Olla -meeda. 

Apparently he's called Mide for short. Well I saw him referred to as Mide on one of the websites

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

+1. How many times have people on here wanted somebody called up to the senior squad because some player played a match or has some Irish links. A place in the senior squad has to be earned.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 10:53am

Have you seen our scarcity of wingers at the moment? With McGeady on the wane, McClean is probably our only out and out winger at the moment. This lad will surely be worth a look v Oman anyway.

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 11:31am

Have you seen our scarcity of wingers at the moment? With McGeady on the wane, McClean is probably our only out and out winger at the moment. This lad will surely be worth a look v Oman anyway.

I'd have Horgan up ahead of him, O'Dowda too, both proven themselves more

Posted By: AbuAbu
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 11:40am
has he played for the U-21's??

-------------
It's not me it's you:-)

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 11:42am
Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

has he played for the U-21's??

Not yet - just u19. I'd say u21 is the next step.

-------------

Posted By: AbuAbu
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 11:48am

I hear what ur saying both don't fully agree. 

There should be some way of fast tracking potential talent to ensure the system doesn't chew them up (or they don't decide they are unloved and declare for someone else). 

I think MON is trying to do it by bringing young guys in and around the senior squad when they are not actually a part of it. A more formalised process would be no harm. Like a liaison officer that keeps close contact with top potential, helping them with any club difficulties, bringing them in and around the Ireland scene. 

You often see it in the Corporate scene. A young guy is way off the big jobs but is identified early and is mentored, guided and encouraged.

-------------
It's not me it's you:-)

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 9:26am
Hes mother wants the lad to play for Nigeria. Another boring tug of war on the way.

Posted By: Healy52003
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 11:11am

Hes mother wants the lad to play for Nigeria. Another boring tug of war on the way.

kidnap him on his way to his Nigerian trials and make him declare for us lol
Its a hard one, he would suffer no racial abuse, get a better chance playing in the world cup finals and play less matches with Nigeria but if he has good potential we should try and get him

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 11:44am
He has another ten years with the Nigerian underage teams before he can go senior though, should help our case

-------------

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 12:00pm

He has another ten years with the Nigerian underage teams before he can go senior though, should help our case

LOL

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 12:52pm
I think this could potentially be the first of its kind in terms of player born and raised in ireland to immigrant parents who has a choice to stick with us or go with the country of his parents.

It has always been assumed it will come to this and i have always thought a benefit to immigration is having these big physical lads playing for ireland in the future.

So with that being said, i hope he chooses to stick with us. We are obiously going to 'win some and lose some' but being the first it would be hopefully a sign of things to come if he stays.

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 12:55pm
Was Kwame Ampadu, mentioned elsewhere, not born in Ireland to such parents? I know he never made a senior cap though. Point still stands though Andy.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 12:59pm

Was Kwame Ampadu, mentioned elsewhere, not born in Ireland to such parents? I know he never made a senior cap though. Point still stands though Andy.

Ampadu was born in England and raised in Ireland(his mother is Irish) ,this lad was born in Ireland and raised in England.

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 1:03pm

Ampadu was born in England and raised in Ireland(his mother is Irish) ,this lad was born in Ireland and raised in England.

Fair enough Rossie, thought he was born in Dublin as he played underage there, have Belvedere in my head, could be wrong.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 1:45pm

Fair enough Rossie, thought he was born in Dublin as he played underage there, have Belvedere in my head, could be wrong.

afaik Ampadu came to Ireland as a baby .Shodipo only spent a few years here as a kid I think.

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 6:13pm
Unused sub today

Posted By: Healy52003
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 8:27pm
Not doing much tonight in the under 21 but it is his first cap after all

Posted By: Lenny82
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 9:16pm
Just had a goal disallowed!

Posted By: LHurlz
Date Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 5:50pm
Had a good game today by the sounds of it, couple of QPR fans saying he was MOTM 

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by LHurlz LHurlz wrote:

Had a good game today by the sounds of it, couple of QPR fans saying he was MOTM 

Couple of quotes from their forum;
Olamide Shodipo was class today. Hopefully he continues to play.

Agree about shodipo easily our best player today which is rather embarrassing on the rest of them.

Posted By: pateen
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 3:56pm
Sounds like a very exciting prospect

Posted By: LHurlz
Date Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 4:13pm
Assisted the first goal today, started a good few games so far this season and QPR fans seem to be fond of him going off a few social media comments

Posted By: GUFC_Andy
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 3:39pm
Joins Port Vale on loan till end of season

-------------
Don't ban me for no reason, please.

Posted By: KING-CON
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 1:51pm
Gone on loan to Colchester according to the BBC.

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

Gone on loan to Colchester according to the BBC.

Hope he plays this time. Good move if he does

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 9:47pm
This **** is back in action having dropped off the radar completely. Even his thread on here has been dead for over a year. Played his first game for QPR in ages having been out with injury and on loan. Steve McLaren singing his praises for his substitute appearance yesterday and for being 'exceptional' in training.

Hope he kicks on from here. He's still only 21.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/mcclaren-cant-fault-players-and-is-encouraged-by-performances-of-young-qpr-duo" rel="nofollow - https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/mcclaren-cant-fault-players-and-is-encouraged-by-performances-of-young-qpr-duo

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 9:56pm
Why’s he a ****

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 3:52am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Why’s he a ****

Curious about this one too.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 11:46am
I'd say it's more **** = person. And Scillachi has no beef with him. Italians and migrants an all that LOL

For example: I hope the **** scores a cracker today 

It reads badly when written though 

btw I hope this young lad gets a few caps just for the name alone

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 12:34pm
Is he one of the Babatunde Oluwaka Shodipo's from Clones?

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Is he one of the Babatunde Oluwaka Shodipo's from Clones?

No, you have the wrong family.

He's Mrs Babatunde Oluwaka Shodipo from Leixlip's young lad.

Posted By: eireland
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 1:57pm
Sounds like something you'd hear on Arsenal Fan TV

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 4:06pm
Was on loan at gillingham and had a long time injury. Did well when he came on saturday . He’s Dublin born and bred ???

-------------

Posted By: gazurtoids
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Was on loan at gillingham and had a long time injury. Did well when he came on saturday . He’s Dublin born and bred ???

Yeah, related to Eamonn Mac Thomais apparently

Posted By: grannyrule
Date Posted: 05 May 2019 at 11:50am
Starting for QPR today away to Sheffield Wednesday along with Manning

-------------
The only way is up

Posted By: Hotlips_Hoolahan
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 3:50pm
On a hat-trick for Oxford against Burton Albion this afternoon. 5 in his last 6 games. Mark Sykes not in the match day squad.

Posted By: Green Cockade
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 3:58pm
Sykes injured, I think. Encouraging form being shown by Shodipo.

Posted By: kevin100
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 4:29pm
Another young attacker we have who is showing encouraging signs and scoring a positive the hope is a few of these lads between 18-23 might keep progressing and develop into high level Championship/top flight attackers. 

Hopefully he can continue getting his game time at Oxford and maybe will break into the QPR team next year. 

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 7:48pm
9th league goal of the season today and a good time to get it with all the talk about the likes of McGeady, Curtis and Harness.

Might give Kenny something to think about.

-------------
You know Spider, you're a f**kin' mumbling stuttering little f**k. You know that?

Posted By: CillDara
Date Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 8:02pm
Remember he got a decent run in the QPR team a few years ago when he was a teenager but career has been fairly quiet since. This seems like the first time he is playing regularly and scoring goals. Has anyone ever seen him play? 

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Remember he got a decent run in the QPR team a few years ago when he was a teenager but career has been fairly quiet since. This seems like the first time he is playing regularly and scoring goals. Has anyone ever seen him play? 
Seen him play in Tallaght a few years back for the u21s. Seems fairly good technical player but gets pushed off the ball too easily.

Posted By: Eoink21
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2021 at 8:16am
Why does this thread use his full name? I don't see the Matt Doherty thread being titled 'Matthew James Doherty' or the Troy Parrott thread being titled 'Troy Daniel Parrott'. Is there a specific reason why that is different for Olamide Shodipo?

Date Posted: 17 Mar 2021 at 8:39am
Probably a more common name in Ireland than Troy Daniel Parrott. Then there's Mary Kate Danaher, aka Maureen O'Hara in " The Quiet Man".....but I digress.

Posted By: You Tell Me
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2021 at 9:17am
Similar situation to Obafemi with Shodipo. Born in Ireland but moved to England at a young age. Having a great season - probably not too far from a senior call up given he is playing at similar level to Parrott, Curtis, Harness and is in better form than any of them. Still only 23, plenty of time for him to develop and move back up the divisions.

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 8:11am
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Why does this thread use his full name? I don't see the Matt Doherty thread being titled 'Matthew James Doherty' or the Troy Parrott thread being titled 'Troy Daniel Parrott'. Is there a specific reason why that is different for Olamide Shodipo?

Because its such a magnificent name, obviously. It would be an absolute shame not to use it in its entirety. 

Date Posted: 09 May 2021 at 12:14pm
Joins Ronan Curtis and Anthony Scully on double figures for the season.

Oxford 1-0 up and Portsmouth will miss out on the playoffs as it stands.

-------------
You know Spider, you're a f**kin' mumbling stuttering little f**k. You know that?

Date Posted: 09 May 2021 at 1:06pm
Getting a lot of praise from Gareth Ainsworth on Sky Sports for his performance today 

Date Posted: 09 May 2021 at 4:53pm
In general with his age 23/24 I’d say he’s found his level (Top 6/8 League 1 bottom 6/8 Championship) but this is his first full season as in playing 30-40 football matches. He’s only played 12 for QPR and a few on loan at L2 etc prior to this. Perhaps more scope to improve further. 

QPR are playing with wing backs as opposed to wingers so I wouldn’t bank on him going back there. If Oxford went up I’d be happy seeing him play for them in it. 

Date Posted: 09 May 2021 at 11:32pm
Qpr fans want him back that’s for sure.

-------------

Posted By: Eoink21
Date Posted: 10 May 2021 at 7:35am

Didn't the owner Tony Fernandes cite him as his favourite player on Twitter or somewhere before too. 

Date Posted: 10 May 2021 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Didn't the owner Tony Fernandes cite him as his favourite player on Twitter or somewhere before too. 

To answer both I can see why he’s a decent winger in the making. If they play a back 5 unless they try and convert him to wing back or play him up top will they have a position for him. 

If Oxford go up particularly I’d be delighted to see him stay with them although as stated QPR may want to hold him.

Date Posted: 18 May 2021 at 8:24pm
Oxford lost 0-3 to Blackpool. McNally an unused sub, Shodipo and Forde came on. Sykes started and finished the game.

Disappointing.

-------------

Posted By: Fozz
Date Posted: 18 May 2021 at 8:29pm
Sykes had a super scoring chance at 0-2 and hit the keeper after a lovely thru' ball to him.
Big moment and a shame.

Date Posted: 18 May 2021 at 11:57pm
To be fair, he was whacked in the back as he got the shot away. Sykes was one of Oxford's better players but the team was well beaten on the night. I would have liked to have seen Shodipo and Forde on a lot earlier but Blackpool looked formidable and the next leg is surely a formality now.

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 12:24pm
Several Championship teams wanted Shodipo according to the Sheffield Wednesday manager: https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/moore-wednesday-pulling-power-shodipo-21048247" rel="nofollow - https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/moore-wednesday-pulling-power-shodipo-21048247 .

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Several Championship teams wanted Shodipo according to the Sheffield Wednesday manager: https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/moore-wednesday-pulling-power-shodipo-21048247" rel="nofollow - https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/moore-wednesday-pulling-power-shodipo-21048247 .

He’s better off I think playing one more season regularly in League 1. At his age my usual consensus would be Top 6 League 1/lower half Championship found his level but last season was his first full season playing regular men’s football so hopefully in time he will go a bit higher. Hopefully he can improve another bit again and there’s every chance he will be playing Championship football next season if he can build on last year. 

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 9:18pm
Glad he's with Wednesday for this season. 

Hopefully they get promoted and he gets plenty of games. Haven't seen much of him before. 

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 11:39pm
I saw a couple of Oxford games last season and he was impressive. Lots of pace, runs at defenders and has a goal in him. I thought QPR might give him a run in the first team this season but it appears that they have other ideas. I' m surprised he turned down other Championship clubs for Wednesday but I hope it goes well for him.

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 6:06am
That might have been QPRs decision.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net