Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=53650
Printed Date: 25 Apr 2024 at 6:09am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Dublin Airport
Posted By: Denis Irwin
Subject: Dublin Airport
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 8:48pm
DAA going ahead with a 2nd runway. Will be interesting to see what new destinations come about as a result of this. Far East would be obvious. Maybe seasonal flights to S Africa as well

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Replies:
Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 9:36pm
A hape of new transatlantic flights to new destinations and a load of connecting flights from all over Europe. It's the obvious option, given our geographic position. The number of long distance flights that fly near or over Ireland is huge and there is definitely a market for connecting transatlantic passengers, especially from the UK.

The reason we aren't a huge transatlantic hub at the minute is because so much of the capacity is used transporting people to and from Europe. With large demand for access to European cities from Dublin and back, DAA can't give loads of slots to transatlantic flights for transfer passengers.

However, with a second runway, and an effective doubling of capacity, not to mention the capacity constraints at Heathrow, along with the IAG/EI merger, and the spare capacity of T2, increased transatlantic transfer flights are almost inevitable.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 9:40pm
Vegas would be a route surely,Miami as well although think AL having been looking at Miami to regardless of a new runway but will help them. Dallas or Houston you would have to think would be on the list as well

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Posted By: SByrne24
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 10:53pm
A second runaway is a huge boost for Dublin, particularly IAG (The owners of Aer Lingus) Aer Lingus have a number of new A350's coming in to their line I'm sure they'll be delighted by the news. 

DAA should of been on Norwegian Air's case earlier, they're expanding in a serious way particularly to the USA with a rake of new 787 Dreamliners on the way it would of been ideal for them. They can't get enough pilots right now, but then with their terms and conditions i can see why no one is jumping for joy to sign for them. 

As for new routes, supply and demand, I don't believe a daily flight from Dublin to Houston would be cost effective DI another few come to mind would fit into that category, DAA would be safer aiming at the likes of the budget airlines to use it as a hub like Ryanair currently do. Gatwick is a prime example its bursting with budget airlines, Easy, Norwegian, Wizz, Ryanair. Norwegian would of been ideal with our prime location to the USA. 

Don't be surprised if Mr O'Leary decides he wants a few 787s in a few years and starts heading transatlantic from Dublin, to add to his already expansive european network, he'd nearly be able to connect the whole of Europe to the USA/Mexico via Dublin. 

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Posted By: Deane
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

A second runaway is a huge boost for Dublin, particularly IAG (The owners of Aer Lingus) Aer Lingus have a number of new A350's coming in to their line I'm sure they'll be delighted by the news. 

DAA should of been on Norwegian Air's case earlier, they're expanding in a serious way particularly to the USA with a rake of new 787 Dreamliners on the way it would of been ideal for them. They can't get enough pilots right now, but then with their terms and conditions i can see why no one is jumping for joy to sign for them. 

As for new routes, supply and demand, I don't believe a daily flight from Dublin to Houston would be cost effective DI another few come to mind would fit into that category, DAA would be safer aiming at the likes of the budget airlines to use it as a hub like Ryanair currently do. Gatwick is a prime example its bursting with budget airlines, Easy, Norwegian, Wizz, Ryanair. Norwegian would of been ideal with our prime location to the USA. 

Don't be surprised if Mr O'Leary decides he wants a few 787s in a few years and starts heading transatlantic from Dublin, to add to his already expansive european network, he'd nearly be able to connect the whole of Europe to the USA/Mexico via Dublin. 

I remember reading Ryanair were considering this a couple of years ago and there was talk of transatlantic flights starting from £10. 

Think to afford that they were going to up the price of food etc on the flight but still a bit mad. Wouldn't of minded paying £10 for a flight to New York all the same. 

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 11:42pm
That would demand a complete business model change from Ryanair though. They are currently a point to point airline who do not offer connecting flights.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 12:02am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

That would demand a complete business model change from Ryanair though. They are currently a point to point airline who do not offer connecting flights.

So were Norwegian, who now fly to LA, New York Boston among other American destinations. Wouldn't require anything of the sort copy Norwegian simple as that, direct to Gatwick to New York from £200.

That's the next step in our industry budget airlines heading Long Haul, that's were our profit is mainly. I personally hope O'Leary sticks to flying to Ex Millitary airports in Europe.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 12:12am
Byrner how do you find DAA to deal with?  I find them not very accommodating and have trouble getting my Private 747 parked in one of the hangars when I drop in for Ireland home matches from my private island off the coast of Cuba.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 12:20am
Well... TJ, me and the Dublin ATC don't get along in a previous encounter were I managed to delay a few planes while holding short of Yankee Bravo I think, I was doing checks with the captain the cheeky bitch keep telling us to move and in future don't do this and that, she informed Heathrow ATC of our ignorance to return the favour we were circling for 15 minutes.

I think I'd be right in saying there isn't a hanger big enough for a 747 in Dublin by the way.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 12:23am

So were Norwegian, who now fly to LA, New York Boston among other American destinations. Wouldn't require anything of the sort copy Norwegian simple as that, direct to Gatwick to New York from £200.

That's the next step in our industry budget airlines heading Long Haul, that's were our profit is mainly. I personally hope O'Leary sticks to flying to Ex Millitary airports in Europe.

Wait a second, though: do Norwegian offer connecting flight service? Or do they merely run a number of point to point transatlantic services? I don't know the answer to that, incidentally.

If they offer connecting services, well, I stand corrected.

-------------

Posted By: HuntysCousin
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 12:25am
Dublin ATC:"Pilots usually move when I say so"
B
yrner:"Well,I don't"

And that was that

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 12:31am
You would think a well educated pilot could spell 'hangar'......

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 12:33am
I defiantly agree with you.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 1:02am
I think he is completely oblivated.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Wait a second, though: do Norwegian offer connecting flight service? Or do they merely run a number of point to point transatlantic services? I don't know the answer to that, incidentally.

If they offer connecting services, well, I stand corrected.

Both I believe, I know they to fly Puerto Rico, LA, SF, Florida out of Gatwick direct. For the likes of Guadeloupe and other Caribbean destinations as well as Las Vegas and Balitmore they're connecting flights with Norwegian. I beleive, Dubai might be connecting as well I'm not sure.

I can get to Puerto Rico from LGW for £129 each way with Norwegian, which is ridiculous.

Ffs, I use my phone mostly I don't pay great attention to my spelling or grammar on an Ireland fans football forum . Get over it.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Posted By: Trap junior

Well... TJ, me and the Dublin ATC don't get along in a previous encounter were I managed to delay a few planes while holding short of Yankee Bravo I think, I was doing checks with the captain the cheeky bitch keep telling us to move and in future don't do this and that, she informed Heathrow ATC of our ignorance to return the favour we were circling for 15 minutes.

I think I'd be right in saying there isn't a hanger big enough for a 747 in Dublin by the way.

Maybe that was it.  Anyway I had to park it off near the St.Margarets side of the airport away from the terminals.  When I came back the next day some scrotes had nicked the wheels off of it.Angry

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 1:13am
What has using your phone got to do with anything? I would imagine most of us do on here.

-------------

Posted By: HuntysCousin
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 1:21am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Maybe that was it.  Anyway I had to park it off near the St.Margarets side of the airport away from the terminals.  When I came back the next day some scrotes had nicked the wheels off of it.Angry

F*ckin scrotes,can't park a plane anywhere these days Thumbs Down

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 8:47am
Great news for Dublin. Getting the likes of Norwegian is all well and good but how long will they continue with cheap transatlantic flights when the price of oil inevitably rises again?!?!? The low risk strategy is to go with the more established transatlantic Airlines. Furthermore, Ryanair, in the past year or so, have been in discussions with major transatlantic Airlines over the possibility of shuttling transatlantic passengers to hub airports e.g. Gatwick and Dublin.

The building of the second runway will really steal a march on Heathrow given the political paralysis surrounding the decision to build a new runway at the airport.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 8:50am
Yep. Reckon it'll be the likes of Virgin Atlantic coming in. Shouldn't be forgotten Dublin has pre-clearance for US immigration so would be an added incentive

-------------

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 9:22am
How much of a difference does an extra runway really make? Does it allow two planes land simultaneously (one on each). I never really thought that was DA's problem, more that there wasn't enough room in the terminals. Will it really allow more planes to land?

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 9:28am
Extra capacity for Long Haul flights. Length will allow them in theory to fly direct to the likes of India which they can't do on the current runway

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 9:35am
For a very long time judging by the aircraft they've purchased, the best in the business the Dreamliner is sublime I haven't had the opportunity to fly one yet but it's lighter faster, more fuel efficient and a better costumer experience then a 777 or A330. They're also recruiting pilots like crazy currently which is usually a good indicator.

You have to realise Airlines work on supply and demand they don't randomly pick locations, BA would be more likely then Virgin due to IAG and Aer Lingus, they've all parts in place to start flying globally from Dublin, Asia included. Virgin usually work seasonal out of the likes of Belfast so possibly the same in Dublin for the likes of Florida, It wouldn't make sense to fly another 4 flights to JFK for example when there's Aer Lingus, American, Delta, United all flying there to.

It makes a huge difference: One for take off, one for landing it reduces the waiting around on the Tarmac, crucially it saves the airline money as taxing using around 5% of the total fuel and secondly makes for a better customer experience as it's quicker to get from A to B.

What type of planes are you thinking DI? There's no chance an A380 is landing in Dublin.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 9:40am
Not A380.Would assume 777 and 787 are possibilities given Emirates and Ethiopian fly in with them

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Not A380.Would assume 777 and 787 are possibilities given Emirates and Ethiopian fly in with them

I read up on this about 15 minutes ago to see the length of the new runaway etc It's able to take one million pounds of aircraft that will take an A380 if they build the taxi ways the same as Heathrow that is, Emirates own 50? might be 51 now so never know they could fly in an A380 at some stage. 

Miami is sure to be a route with some airline, It got 60,000 searches on Sky Scanner this year clearly a demand for the route, more importantly AL have the new aircraft to be able to accommodate that route.

An aircraft at MTOW out of Dublin can just about reach airport in the world with the exception of Australasia, I just can't see it making as big of a difference as some here have assumed a longer runaway won't play a 'huge' factor in routes to say Rio De Janeiro or Cape Town, Dallas. 

Unless an airline comes to an agreement to begin connecting flights, to take passengers from Glasgow to Dublin onwards to Singapore. Then you need a carrier capable of fulfilling those routes British Airways would make most sense due to IAG they already do this with the likes of Belfast City among other regional airports were BA Cityflyer connect to a British Airways flight. 

Norwegian would of made perfect sense, even for the Irish People Norwegian would of been perfect. 

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 10:04am
Yep I would say that connecting people from the likes of Glasgow is fairly probable with BA operating direct flights from here to where ever in the Far East. Especially given the new runway at LHR isn't going to be built anytime soon

-------------

Posted By: alihau41
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 10:48am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Great news for Dublin. Getting the likes of Norwegian is all well and good but how long will they continue with cheap transatlantic flights when the price of oil inevitably rises again?!?!? The low risk strategy is to go with the more established transatlantic Airlines. Furthermore, Ryanair, in the past year or so, have been in discussions with major transatlantic Airlines over the possibility of shuttling transatlantic passengers to hub airports e.g. Gatwick and Dublin.

The building of the second runway will really steal a march on Heathrow given the political paralysis surrounding the decision to build a new runway at the airport.

wouldn't see as stealing a march on heathrow. heathrow won't be able to have an additional runaway for another 10 years so considering willie walsh is a sharp f**ker, he saw the best bet was the outstanding planning permission in place at Dublin Airport, to tie in with the fact that he could buy AL for a decent price.
it certainly is great news that this planning permission will finally be put to use. if ready in 2020, it would be 17 years since the proposal started. seems that there are a few sticking points in the original plan that AL among the other airlines are looking for resolution on, particularly the amount of flights between 11pm and 7am.
if the new runaway has the capability to take planes the size of A380 / 787s (I'm sure something can clarify this?) then the natural idea would be to get these running on it, but that will create more noise pollution. if anyone was at the Dublin airshow along the liffey a couple of years ago and remember when the british airways brand new A380 ripped by nearly shattering every window in sight!!

whatever the case, it is a good step in terms of job creation and at the current suggested price of 320m to construct it is certainly nice to hear of rather than the standard over-aggressive costs associated for any infrastructure build in ireland. If only the government can firstly decide to become a working government, and secondly open their eyes to the fact that a proper transport system between airport and city centre is needed to coincide with the increase in footfold coming and going through the country.

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 10:54am
The runway is capable of taking one million pounds, therefore capable of taking an A380 the variant Emirates use. That all depends if the taxi ways are spaced correctly and can take the weight off course. 

Haven't seen the length anywhere yet.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Posted By: bannerboy95
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 11:03am
great news for the country

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 11:03am
I think I read that the airlines would prefer a slightly longer runaway but in order to do so it would need a new proposal meaning another few years delay.

the taxi system is far better in Dublin than the likes of heathrow and CDG so hopefully they don't make a cock up of it

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 11:14am
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

I think I read that the airlines would prefer a slightly longer runaway but in order to do so it would need a new proposal meaning another few years delay.

the taxi system is far better in Dublin than the likes of heathrow and CDG so hopefully they don't make a cock up of it

Heathrow isn't the worst in fairness considering the size of the airport. CDG is a disaster, up there with La Guardia.

Roughly for a A380 it's 10,000ft I believe.

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 11:30am
3110m in length, and cost has been upped to 370m to include a new control tower

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 11:42am

wouldn't see as stealing a march on heathrow. heathrow won't be able to have an additional runaway for another 10 years so considering willie walsh is a sharp f**ker, he saw the best bet was the outstanding planning permission in place at Dublin Airport, to tie in with the fact that he could buy AL for a decent price.
it certainly is great news that this planning permission will finally be put to use. if ready in 2020, it would be 17 years since the proposal started. seems that there are a few sticking points in the original plan that AL among the other airlines are looking for resolution on, particularly the amount of flights between 11pm and 7am.
if the new runaway has the capability to take planes the size of A380 / 787s (I'm sure something can clarify this?) then the natural idea would be to get these running on it, but that will create more noise pollution. if anyone was at the Dublin airshow along the liffey a couple of years ago and remember when the british airways brand new A380 ripped by nearly shattering every window in sight!!

whatever the case, it is a good step in terms of job creation and at the current suggested price of 320m to construct it is certainly nice to hear of rather than the standard over-aggressive costs associated for any infrastructure build in ireland. If only the government can firstly decide to become a working government, and secondly open their eyes to the fact that a proper transport system between airport and city centre is needed to coincide with the increase in footfold coming and going through the country.
So true, it's absolutely ridiculous that there is no direct rail link to Dublin Airport in this day and age when so many airports of a similar size eg Gatwick, Manchester etc have railway stations on site.

As you say though, an actual working government is needed to start with.

Btw was there not talk not long ago of a spur line being built from Clongriffen to serve the airport (sorry, can't remember where I saw it being reported)? 

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 12:14pm
you can get a bus into the city centre in 30 mins sometimes less.

In comparison to many city centre airports and travel times that is decent 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 12:34pm
Yes but an empty tunnel isn't shiny enough for our guests. Dart underground is a much more worthwhile project than metro north

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

So true, it's absolutely ridiculous that there is no direct rail link to Dublin Airport in this day and age when so many airports of a similar size eg Gatwick, Manchester etc have railway stations on site.

As you say though, an actual working government is needed to start with.

Btw was there not talk not long ago of a spur line being built from Clongriffen to serve the airport (sorry, can't remember where I saw it being reported)? 

yeah a spur from clongriffen has been mentioned several times and at one stage I think Irish Rail were backing it.The set up JFK Airport have with Airtrain from Jamaica station works well and I suppose Clongriffen spur would be a similar idea
Ideally there would be a dedicated direct rail from airport connecting up with Connolly and Heuston stations and also go out to Swords etc. and going south from Stephen Green.

Posted By: whitesideOnside
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 2:06pm
The Metro to the airport really should be brought forward. Utter nonsense to announce it and then say delivery of 2027! Road traffic is getting increasingly busy around the airport. That whole route of north Dublin that the metro is planned for needs better public transport too.

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 3:04pm
Scanned over comments so apologies if it missed much! Used to work in the airport in the dept that deals with development

Few points

The runway should see us as Heathrow's third runway but I wouldn't expect a while heap of new routes either, definitely a few us cities and one or two Asia but would be surprised if there's loads. Transfer pax have been growing hugely and this will definitely help that even more.

T2 is full/over capacity in the mornings up until 11am which is when most airlines want to go, especially to the US, a lot of long haul airlines won't use t1 and won't fly another time, this does lose routes

The airport as a whole isn't far off capacity either, hence some airlines now need to use buses to get to their planes

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 3:07pm

Horse sh*t, the 350s won't be Used by Aer Lingus firstly, they've been assumed by the group and look like going to iberia

Daa have been proactively working with Norwegian for years, sure they rent a whole office block out there

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 3:08pm
If I wasn't bound by confidentiality I could shred that post even more

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 3:16pm
Wonder will IAG lauch flights to Vancouver or will the fact Air Canada Rouge are going to be flying it put them off. They may look at Montreal instead

-------------

Posted By: erimus
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

so what your saying is that ybig's makebelieve pilot is talking pony?

-------------
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

so what your saying is that ybig's makebelieve pilot is talking pony?

No way

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 3:29pm

Wonder will IAG lauch flights to Vancouver or will the fact Air Canada Rouge are going to be flying it put them off. They may look at Montreal instead

Rouge only have six flights on that route I think, would be a candidate, they've done well in Toronto, miami and texas would be certs I'd imagine, Hong Kong or Beijing, one India as well, can't imagine then being greater than thrice weekly

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 3:32pm
Make believe pilot LOL I'm getting fed of reading that sh*t, much more of it and i'll be retiring from YBIG due to twats like yourself. 

Please, enlighten what I'm incorrect on. They worked that well with Norwegian that they set up one of their long haul bases in Gatwick where there is more competition in the city, great work by DAA alright. 

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 4:02pm
You're incorrect that they've not been working with Norwegian, you're incorrect they should have been there early, they were at them from the start, Norwegian have been there for years

You're incorrect Aer Lingus will be getting a350s, anyone who worked for iag would know this

Your level of understanding of why Gatwick and Dublin don't compare and don't compete for Norwegian long haul routes could be exposed by a 15 year old

Several airlines have tried and failed to compete with Ryanair in dublin, all have failed, none will hub there, it is far from safe to chase that end and would almost definitely fail

Your post has a huge lack of understanding of the economics of airlines and airports, how and why airlines choose routes and what's needed for a hub, and I've zero doubt you don't work for an airline (shock horror) as you wouldn't have made such a post working for one for a week

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 4:04pm
To be clear, I worked in that area of daa and know exactly what I'm talking about

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 4:05pm
Ooofffttt that's gotta hurt

-------------

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 4:08pm
School in progress

Nvidic

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 4:08pm
Smackdown LOL

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 4:10pm

To be clear, I worked in that area of daa and know exactly what I'm talking about
remember heading on an away trip, cant remember which one now and there you were strolling through the terminal looking dapper in your tin but sick a as small hospital at all the fans heading off and you stuck in work

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 4:13pm
Remember it well! Was cologne away and I'd only just started there, Was sickened when I seen ye all, was trying awful hard to avoid the terminal that day!

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 4:20pm

You're incorrect that they've not been working with Norwegian, you're incorrect they should have been there early, they were at them from the start, Norwegian have been there for years

You're incorrect Aer Lingus will be getting a350s, anyone who worked for iag would know this

Your level of understanding of why Gatwick and Dublin don't compare and don't compete for Norwegian long haul routes could be exposed by a 15 year old

Several airlines have tried and failed to compete with Ryanair in dublin, all have failed, none will hub there, it is far from safe to chase that end and would almost definitely fail

Your post has a huge lack of understanding of the economics of airlines and airports, how and why airlines choose routes and what's needed for a hub, and I've zero doubt you don't work for an airline (shock horror) as you wouldn't have made such a post working for one for a week

My post was concise. This is not Pprune or BALPA, the second of which you won't be on.

Aer Lingus will get A350's once they've upgraded the Iberia fleet as they've done with A330's and the NEO it makes sense upgrade the Iberia fleet first, I'm well IAG took control off that order of the A350's as I'm aware of a lot of things I'm not going to post on an Ireland football forum.

Dublin/Gatwick are comparable due to the one runway, Gatwick has roughly 15million more passengers and a far greater range of options in terms of carriers and destinations. Now, Ryanair has been unchallenged in Dublin, Easyjet never came back in 2002 they turned it down. 

I'm 7 years at a legacy carrier airline with thousands of hours to my name in 777's, A320s', D42'. To be clear, (quoting yourself) I fly the aircraft. Could you tell me what procedures you carry out at 35,000ft with a double engine failure in a triple 7? The answer will be No. 

I'm fed up reading this thrash from fools. I'm done here. 

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 4:23pm
Nvidic Clap

Retirement party soon LOL

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 4:23pm
Oooooh someone's touchy

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 4:25pm
Bye Bye LOL LOL LOL

I presume Eamonn may start posting againWink

Posted By: kimbap
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 4:26pm
You're not done here,another lie.You cant stay away and you know it.

Posted By: erimus
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 4:26pm
Ive no idea what theyre talking about(nor do I really care to) but this is getting me through the last painful hour in here

LOL

-------------
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 4:28pm
Ha. 
Members of this forum know who I am, they've seen my Instagram posts among other social media outlet where I post my daily life. I'm not going to go on here to post an opinion and be ridiculed by idiots such as yourself with 3 posts which don't relate to the topic of the thread. 

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 4:28pm
Am worried what Byrner is going to fill his time with during our working days (He obviously just flies planes outside of regular office hours).....

Posted By: kimbap
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 4:29pm

Ha. 
Members of this forum know who I am, they've seen my Instagram posts among other social media outlet where I post my daily life. I'm not going to go on here to post an opinion and be ridiculed by idiots such as yourself with 3 posts which don't relate to the topic of the thread. 

Aaaaand he's back.

That lasted all of 4 minutes LOL

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 4:30pm

Ha. 

Who are you talking too ya loon? LOL

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 4:30pm
Gatwick is an airport with little connecting traffic in a major world city with huge inbound and outbound tourism that can support an airline such as Norwegian using it as a hub

Dublin does not look to compete with it, how did I know? I used to benchmark Dublin against other airports for a living

The one runway thing is a nonsense, if only for the fact Dublin has cross runways and can and does use both in peak times

Posted By: Bo Jackson
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 4:32pm
Michael Jackson eats popcorn

-------------
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 4:33pm
Tremendous entertainment

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

Ha. 

Aaaaand he's back.

That lasted all of 4 minutes LOL

Nice way to run down the clock until 5 bells

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 4:37pm

Gatwick is an airport with little connecting traffic in a major world city with huge inbound and outbound tourism that can support an airline such as Norwegian using it as a hub

Dublin does not look to compete with it, how did I know? I used to benchmark Dublin against other airports for a living

The one runway thing is a nonsense, if only for the fact Dublin has cross runways and can and does use both in peak times

Thats your area of work, mine is to fly the aircraft. I made an opinion Norwegian would of made perfect sense, to me it still does on paper without looking at it in great detail as they idea an array of new routes will be established is incorrect. Ryanair is totally unchallenged in Dublin,

It's one major runway, the Emirates triple 7 isn't landing on Dublins cross runway now lets be real. 

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 4:42pm
I've personally seen a 333 take off on it in wet weather, but that's besides the point

Quitting time lads, hope that helped pass a Friday at work

Posted By: eireland
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 4:50pm
Great news for the economy. The numbers of visitors to Ireland will go up big time with the extra runway. Hopefully they get a lot more long distance flights too. Badly needed.

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 5:10pm

I've personally seen a 333 take off on it in wet weather, but that's besides the point

Quitting time lads, hope that helped pass a Friday at work
enjoy your weekend although it'll probably fly by and you'll be back at a real airport without delay.

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 5:13pm
I wonder does Captain Byrne spend the rest of his down time on aviation forums pretending to be a footballer ?

Posted By: Bo Jackson
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I wonder does Captain Byrne spend the rest of his down time on aviation forums pretending to be a footballer ?

with all his source material coming from the Secret Footballer book Wink

-------------
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!

Posted By: Jessica Rabbit
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 5:24pm

Oooooh someone's touchy

I bet it's been a while since someone got touchy with you Tongue

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 5:26pm
Somebody call the Fire Brigade...

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 25 May 2016 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Yes but an empty tunnel isn't shiny enough for our guests. Dart underground is a much more worthwhile project than metro north

what about this option costs about 1/5 of what it costs to build an underground system
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeLAidJl5aw" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeLAidJl5aw

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Posted By: bogball88
Date Posted: 25 May 2016 at 3:43pm
LOL

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 6:11am
assume airport parking back to normal re car park buses etc 

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 9:56am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

yeah all back 

Posted By: CaroG
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 11:41am

QuickPark is closed due to some dispute over rents so the other long term ones can tend to book out quicker at busy times

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

yeah all back 

Originally posted by CaroG CaroG wrote:

QuickPark is closed due to some dispute over rents so the other long term ones can tend to book out quicker at busy times

thanks

-------------
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 8:38am
Was meant to go to New York tomorrow for five days flying with KLM
The wife went on to check something on their site last night, put in our details and it said our flight had been cancelled and refund vouchers issued on 14th June
None of us cancelled this. 

There was a scam phone call around then were the were trying to get my wife to pay £800 for checking in a suitcase she had to cancel her card at the bank to stop this. They knew all the flight details at the time on that phone call 

Has anyone heard of anything like this happening?

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 1:18pm
Just back from a holiday and my god Aer Lingus really were the sh*ts. Flight home was delayed 3 hours and when we got on the plane they didn't even have any stock. No bottles of water even. 
This is on top of numerous issues I was also having with my booking. 
Think I'll avoid any more foreign trips until the flight industry gets itself sorted. 

Posted By: BrenC
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Just back from a holiday and my god Aer Lingus really were the sh*ts. Flight home was delayed 3 hours and when we got on the plane they didn't even have any stock. No bottles of water even. 
Think I'll avoid any more foreign trips until the flight industry gets itself sorted. 

If it landed more than 3 hours after scheduled you can claim compensation 

-------------
Team Emmet

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by BrenC BrenC wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

If it landed more than 3 hours after scheduled you can claim compensation 

Will be putting in a complaint and compensation claim alright

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 3:40pm
I'm due out on Wed and I am expecting my flight to be cancelled. They've already moved our outbound and return flights twice. Many others reporting some horror stories about AL.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The wife went on to check something on their site last night, put in our details and it said our flight had been cancelled and refund vouchers issued on 14th June

There was a scam phone call around then were the were trying to get my wife to pay £800 for checking in a suitcase she had to cancel her card at the bank to stop this. They knew all the flight details at the time on that phone call 

That is scandalous. I’d be absolutely fuming if that happened to me.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: Bandwagon
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 5:08pm

sh*t buzz.

Sounds dodgy alright.

Was it their actual site she went on and not some dodgy link from a fake email leading to a fake site?

Other than a data leak which would probably be out there if KLM were breached, you're probably looking at a phishing scam like above or else spyware on the device used to book to obtain your personal data and flight info like that.

Neither of you happened to post anything publicly on social media by any chance? Like a screenshot of the booking, even partially? Because all you need is the ref / booking number and surname to get in on most airlines sites. There you can find all your personal details and even cancel and change the flights etc.. most people dont realise how easy it can be done.

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 5:26pm
The wife put a tweet up complaining about trying to book a bag on with KLM, and from that the phone call came from the scammers saying they would book a bag on for us 
That’s how it started and must be where the flight was cancelled from 

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 5:49pm
It's not clear why your flights were cancelled? 

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

It's not clear why your flights were cancelled? 

No
On the phone all they would say is that they were cancelled on 14th June and vouchers issued and they couldn’t do anything 

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 6:13pm
They saying you cancelled it or they KLM cancelled it 

I assume this is direct with klm and not through a third party ?

Opodo said my Swiss air flight to lux was cancelled when I knew it wasn’t  

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 6:29pm
They’re saying that we cancelled it 

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 6:31pm

They’re saying that we cancelled it 

Because you cancelled the card ? Surely they already took the money out for the flight you only cancelled the card because of tge ‘extras’ 

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 7:01pm
Yea the flight was paid for months ago 
My wife phoned up 3 weeks ago to arrange an extra bag but didn’t get anywhere with them, made a tweet complaining 
Was then contacted by someone claiming to be from Delta/KLM and saying they’d take a payment 
Tried to take £900
Bank was alerted to it and we cancelled the card 
Then the day after the flight was apparently cancelled by someone on their website 

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 7:30pm

Yea the flight was paid for months ago 
My wife phoned up 3 weeks ago to arrange an extra bag but didn’t get anywhere with them, made a tweet complaining 
Was then contacted by someone claiming to be from Delta/KLM and saying they’d take a payment 
Tried to take £900
Bank was alerted to it and we cancelled the card 
Then the day after the flight was apparently cancelled by someone on their website 

Sounds like a nightmare - only thing is try their customer service and explain good luck 

-------------

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 9:25pm
That's a awful story. Any hope of KLM rectifying it?

Heard more stories like this recently, scams where the scammer does nothing more than f**king over someone really, they didn't amke anything out if this did they?

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 10:12am
Whole system seems a mess at the moment.
The brother was emigrating home from Australia last week - Got as far as Heathrow and his Aer Lingus flight was cancelled. They then couldn't find him in the system. Due to be on a flight from Heathrow at 2.30PM on Friday, eventually got back into Dublin at 10pm on Saturday. Still no sign of any bags. 

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 10:24am
https://www.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-news/aer-lingus-cancels-familys-370-flight-and-then-tells-them-they-can-fly-three-days-later-for-1400-41810685.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=seeding&fbclid=IwAR3WrSefTQkddEaUXLHRTkffjYf9U5U7AZWsgAwjHIswome8wFXx1e0_bAc" rel="nofollow - https://www.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-news/aer-lingus-cancels-familys-370-flight-and-then-tells-them-they-can-fly-three-days-later-for-1400-41810685.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=seeding&fbclid=IwAR3WrSefTQkddEaUXLHRTkffjYf9U5U7AZWsgAwjHIswome8wFXx1e0_bAc

Relentess.

https://twitter.com/fintanreilly/status/1543695810986221568" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/fintanreilly/status/1543695810986221568

Looks like they just about made it.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: Wheelo
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 2:54pm

The brother was emigrating home from Australia last week - Got as far as Heathrow and his Aer Lingus flight was cancelled. They then couldn't find him in the system. Due to be on a flight from Heathrow at 2.30PM on Friday, eventually got back into Dublin at 10pm on Saturday. Still no sign of any bags. 

He'll be waiting. Alot in transit in Heathrow aren't getting their bags when they get to Dublin. 

Personally, I wouldn't be checking in bags anywhere if I could avoid it (your brother obviously couldn't avoid it). It'll be winter before airlines/ airports start getting a grip of things (if even that)

-------------
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster

Posted By: Bandwagon
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

He'll be waiting. Alot in transit in Heathrow aren't getting their bags when they get to Dublin. 

Personally, I wouldn't be checking in bags anywhere if I could avoid it (your brother obviously couldn't avoid it). It'll be winter before airlines/ airports start getting a grip of things (if even that)

It'll die down mid Sept to mid Nov then be mental again over Xmas.

As much a I'd love to get away I just couldn't be arsed traveling at the moment.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net