Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=53631
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 8:39am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Football dopes
Posted By: Double Maxim
Subject: Football dopes
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 6:51am
http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-footballers-among-150-7678676&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiWobe-4vHLAhXDORQKHdeABQAQqQIIFzAA&usg=AFQjCNGs4TkX8hyOjd3Dmk5NJvSYKuMQTQ" rel="nofollow - Premier League footballers among 150 sports stars involved in doping, British doctor allegedly claims

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Replies:
Date Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 8:56am
http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://news.sky.com/story/1672011/football-doping-scandal-doctors-contract-axed&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjOqPq1wPTLAhXIWhoKHTQJA48QqQIIGTAB&usg=AFQjCNETzRDkY0_n6BBIy2NrsnnBTMwN0A" rel="nofollow - Football Doping Scandal Doctor's Contract Axed

-------------

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 10:18am
Mark Palios was giving it the large one this morning about testing in football. He says there were roughly 3,000 tests in professional football last year.

When you work out all the pro footballers from the PL down to the conference there are roughly 3,000 pro footballers. That is 1 urine test per player, per year. That is pathetic.

Posted By: bannerboy95
Date Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 8:12pm
There is no substance behind these claims at all even the doctor at the centre of it all is completely denying Premiership footballers are involved didn't even mention them on the tape

Posted By: Mr.Mojo Risin'
Date Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by bannerboy95 bannerboy95 wrote:

There is no substance behind these claims at all even the doctor at the centre of it all is completely denying Premiership footballers are involved didn't even mention them on the tape

Pun intended?

-------------
Ahh heya!

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 8:19pm
I would say most of the Villa players were treated by yer man , kind of understand why they are were they are now Big smile

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: BrenC
Date Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 8:35pm
There definitely is doping within football and no where near enough testing or desire to catch cheats. It is simply inevitable given the money involved.

That said this doctor is clearly a Walter Mitty type fantasist and would take anything he is saying with a pinch of salt.

-------------
Team Emmet

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 12:11am
The Doctor is around our age and grew up in the area we are from, his dad told him not to hang around with our group. That worked out well for him LOL

His past credibility is dubious, so even if everything he said was true it wont matter a sh*te, no one will take any of this seriously. He doesn't even have a licence to be a doctor. 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 8:58am
Miguel Delaney writing in todays Indo.

"Football has a long history of doping and there is clear evidence i'ts an ongoing issue, why should soccer be clean? "

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2016 at 1:42pm

http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/23/liverpool-suspend-mamadou-sakho-following-failed-drugs-test-5836350/&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiMh_2246TMAhWB2xoKHcIODXoQqQIIGTAA&usg=AFQjCNF283XCGztWdEsFeR3fTUIekdBfrg" rel="nofollow - Liverpool news: Mamadou Sakho suspended by Liverpool after failing drugs test

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 5:54am

http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mamadou-sakhos-failed-doping-test-11231028&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwje3KaHvabMAhVFJcAKHenkAQMQqQIIFzAA&usg=AFQjCNGeRYW2qhK8Fxc5LDD9Z2LVCUZtKA" rel="nofollow - Mamadou Sakho's failed doping test: What is a 'fat burner' and what could happen now?

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 9:01am

http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/its-simple-any-player-over-7823030&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwj87c7pqKnMAhWsBcAKHbXgDfwQqQIIGTAB&usg=AFQjCNHR5ry2QmsBSAZ0JBCDPlQzK3ugBA" rel="nofollow - Stan Collymore: Any player caught using drugs should be kicked out of football

-------------

Posted By: heppies
Date Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

I would say most of the Villa players were treated by yer man , kind of understand why they are were they are now Big smile

This.
Smile

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 6:41am

Drugs testing in football: No test for a quarter of EFL players

A quarter of players who appeared in the English Football League last season were not drugs tested by UK Anti-Doping (Ukad), despite a large rise in testing across England's top four divisions.

Professor Ivan Waddington, an expert in doping in sport, described the level of testing in the EFL as "unacceptable".

The Football Association said it runs "one of the most comprehensive national anti-doping programmes in world sport".

Tests were up 47% in the Premier League and 24% in the EFL compared to 2015-16.

-------------

Posted By: alihau41
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 8:54am
farcical. how it can be called comprehensive when a quarter of players aren't tested at all! can't understand the maths on this at all. if you had a designated testing team per league, and the season covers about 43 weeks, then 43*7 days, /48 (each team twice), gives just over 6 days per test to collect samples, run tests and provide results.

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 9:00am
nothing to see here folks, move along....

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 9:04am
How many of the three quarters tested were positive?

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I know you think you have a point, but how many times did Lance Armstrong test positive?

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 10:53am

I was simply asking a question. Anyone know the answer?

If you keep bringing up Lance Armstrong, then what's the point of testing at all?
And if that's the case, then why are we concerned that only 75% of all EFL players have been tested?

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

I know you think you have a point, but how many times did Lance Armstrong test positive?

How often are the Dundalk players tested (if at all)?

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 11:00am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Absolutley no idea

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 11:02am

I was simply asking a question. Anyone know the answer?

If you keep bringing up Lance Armstrong, then what's the point of testing at all?
And if that's the case, then why are we concerned that only 75% of all EFL players have been tested?

Because testing does catch some cheats, the problem is football clubs have so much money they are miles ahead of the anti-doping authorities

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 11:03am

Absolutley no idea

You appear to know the ins and outs of Man City but have no idea about your own club.

Nothing to see there I suppose?

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 11:04am
This is EFL though. Would Bury, Forest Green and Crawley for example, have loads of money and be away ahead of the authorities?

Anyone know how many have tested positive?

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 11:12am

Absolutley no idea

You appear to know the ins and outs of Man City but have no idea about your own club.

Nothing to see there I suppose?

The ins and out of Man City and their twice failed a drugs test manager are much more publicised.

I'm sure a google search would show some information on testing/lack of testing in Irish football. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if they were doping here, infact it's probably more likely here due the the small salaries available, players need to do the best they can just to get a half decent wage here.

-------------

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 11:13am

This is EFL though. Would Bury, Forest Green and Crawley for example, have loads of money and be away ahead of the authorities?

The first time I have seen an anti-doping team was at the Crown on Saturday. They waited for the final half-hour. I guess the layout of the ground  made them more noticeable as they were standing in plain sight.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 11:14am

Would be interesting to see the testing figures for them, If they don't test half the EPL I doubt they do much testing on those teams

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 11:16am
The article says they didn't test a quarter of EFL players, so three-quarters were tested.

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 11:20am

The article says they didn't test a quarter of EFL players, so three-quarters were tested.

So if they can't be bothered to test all of the richest league in the world, do you think they are bothered about testing the lower leagues much?

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 11:24am
The EFL is the championship, league one and league two. 75% of these players are tested, as the article DM posted states.
I haven't seen any numbers for EPL players tested? Nor how many players in English football overall who were tested were positive, hence why I've asked that question a few times now.

Posted By: Reildogg
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 11:27am

So if they can't be bothered to test all of the richest league in the world, do you think they are bothered about testing the lower leagues much?

72 clubs in the English League, with 28% of them in the premierleague. Even if they tested every single premier league player, the maths indicates that they do test at the lower leagues. 

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 11:29am
92 clubs in English league, 22% in the premier league.

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 11:30am

Paul Stewart said that in the years he was addicted to cocaine while playing, he was never tested once.

It was random and not rota and his name never came out of the hat.

He actually wanted to be tested because it would have made him wake up and sort himself out.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 11:54am
Coke leaves your system after 3 days apparently.

I've heard from a relative of an Irish player in the lower leagues that the players would be doing coke a lot.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: Reildogg
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 11:56am

92 clubs in English league, 22% in the premier league.

Thanks - my maths exposed.

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 12:00pm
Perhaps it's just a lack of resource thing.

Up until I left Sunderland AFC in September I had to meet and greet the anti-doping officials once every fortnight or so, a convoy of them in 4/5 fancy cars, they said to me while waiting they'd drive from London to Sunderland on the day. 

I imagine there will be more than 1 team but perhaps the fact due to lack of resources they struggle to get to all 72 EFL clubs?

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 12:05pm

I've heard from a relative of an Irish player in the lower leagues that the players would be doing coke a lot.

That's just for p1ss. It stays in your hair for 90 days. What method of testing do they use in the EPL? 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 12:12pm
I'd assume they are just doing urine samples.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 12:13pm

Lots of disposable income and free time will always result in cocaine. The league try and keep positive tests for recreational drugs private anyway.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 12:17pm

I'd assume they are just doing urine samples.

You have to be taking the piss?

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Up until I left Sunderland AFC in September I had to meet and greet the anti-doping officials once every fortnight or so, a convoy of them in 4/5 fancy cars, they said to me while waiting they'd drive from London to Sunderland on the day. 

I imagine there will be more than 1 team but perhaps the fact due to lack of resources they struggle to get to all 72 EFL clubs?

It's the richest league in the world, the premier league have no excuses. they could put any amount into doping if they wished.

Different story for UKAD

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 12:31pm

It's the richest league in the world, the premier league have no excuses. they could put any amount into doping if they wished.

Different story for UKAD

The conversation is about EFL, not EPL

Baggio asked the question why have so many EFL players not been tested 

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 12:32pm

Different story for UKAD

Clap

Finally

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 12:46pm

Different story for UKAD

The title of the thread is EPL Dopes

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 12:49pm
Yes, set up 2 years ago.
It was bumped today with a story posted by DM about testing in the EFL

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 12:50pm
Taxi for Shoco!

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 2:01pm
Samir Nasri banned by UEFA for 6 months for doping.

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 3:16pm

Delighted, always hated the little weasel.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Delighted, always hated the little weasel.

Exactly horrible fecker. 

What a drip he is.

Big smile

Samir Nasri has been banned from football for six months for having intravenous drip treatment in 2016.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 9:06am
According to Joey Barton there's not a drug culture in English football so that's good enough for me.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 6:59am

Nottingham Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis has been charged with drug trafficking, according to reports in Greece.

A Greek prosecutor said on Friday the shipping magnate is facing "very serious charges".

Marinakis, who also owns Super League side Olympiakos, said he was "innocent and a victim of a plot."                                               

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 2:57pm
Different type of dopes here.

Don't go West FfS.

Big smile 

Southend United mocked after inadvertently naming stand after serial killer Rose West
The National League club's Gilbert & Rose West Stand has found itself the target of both concern and mockery

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/08/03/southend-united-mocked-inadvertently-naming-stand-serial-killer/

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net