Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=53359
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 6:19am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: We need to talk about China
Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Subject: We need to talk about China
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 10:07am
The Chinese transfer record has been broken for the third time in 10 days after Jiangsu Suning spent £38.4m on Alex Teixeira (26).

The Brazil midfielder had been a target for Premier League side Liverpool but has become the Chinese Super League's latest high-profile recruit.

Ex-Chelsea midfielder http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35422217" rel="nofollow - Ramires  (28) was signed by Jiangsu Suning for £25m.

That was followed by http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35479657" rel="nofollow - Jackson Martinez's (29) £31m move to Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao from Atletico Madrid.

Some serious cash being thrown around. I've no idea about this league. Anybody know what the standard is like? 

The US league seem to take aging stars to sell shirts and promote the game but these players are all under 30. 

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 10:09am
Decent standard, best in Asia, Evergrande leading the way and the rest playing catch up, there's been good players there for years, albeit this is the first time they've all blown the cash at the same time and to such an extent

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 10:12am
One of the clubs Tried to sign Oscar as well supposedly

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 10:44am
Read an interesting article on the Guardian website about Chinese football yesterday. Apparently the president is a massive football fan, has launched big schools football schemes and the largest youth academy in the World is now also in China.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Read an interesting article on the Guardian website about Chinese football yesterday. Apparently the president is a massive football fan, has launched big schools football schemes and the largest youth academy in the World is now also in China.

Indeed. Here is a link for the article:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/feb/01/why-china-not-mls-is-luring-stars-away-from-europe" rel="nofollow - http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/feb/01/why-china-not-mls-is-luring-stars-away-from-europe

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 12:35pm
Part of me thinks this China things is swings and roundabouts. For years Spanish and English clubs were throwing obscure money tempting players from all parts of the world to their leagues, what makes China any different?

They're the biggest country in the world, why wouldn't they be able to afford this?

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 12:38pm
Well the majority of clubs are owned by property firms, China economy teetering a bit, building goes down, clubs have less money, it's a bit precarious to say the least

The previous TV deal was only for $9m, albeit the next is more, merchandise sales are next to nothing and gate receipts, bar one or two clubs, would be miniscule

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 12:44pm
It's got Anzhi Machlava or whatever they're called written all over it

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

It's got Anzhi Machlava or whatever they're called written all over it
That's what I was thinking. Some club (or in this case handful of clubs) comes out of nowhere and suddenly starts spending money like Elton John and then, equally suddenly, the spending stops a few years later and then the brown stuff hits the fan. Ouch

And the posts above about the Chinese economy and the poor matchday and commercial revenue make the whole situation look even more precarious than the situation with Anzhi.

We could be wrong though, maybe they are in this for the long haul and maybe need to get some big name players in to raise the general standard of football and get the public interested (after all, isn't Basketball the main draw in China?) and build it all up from there with the clubs eventually able to become self-financing.

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 2:23pm
By one survey football is more popular in China as a percentage of population than any country on earth but there was apathy towards the league, not helped by a huge corruption problem that played out publicly. They got to the bottom of that and people trusted the league again but the players weren't there, that's now changing thankfully. But you can't just make people loyal fans over night either, indeed some companies are known to bus employees to their teams home games to ensure high attendance.

Teams like Beijing who were traditionally strong and with high support will be fine, they've spent wisely too, I'd worry about teams like Shanghai SIPG and others who have next to no fans and are spending wildly. Also Evergrande recent valuation of $380m is ridiculous.

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 2:43pm
TBF at least China have a population to sustain big investment, provided the majority of these clubs can capture the imagination of the Chinese public for years to come.

I mean Qatar for example is basically a playground for rich owners who's clubs would barely get 2,000 people per game. Zero chance of making any genuine profits because they often throw huge money around and then dump said player when another player becomes available. 

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: Bitored
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 3:16pm
It's certainly no coincide that this money is being thrown about at a time the Chinese stock exchange is being scrutinised for being heavily controlled by the Chinese government.
But of a smell of money laundering off these deals.
Also the reason Drogba left a few years back was because he wasn't getting paid. When there's enough money laundered the plug will be pulled.

-------------
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 3:35pm
Property developers owning football clubs...we all know how that ended over on this side of the planet

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

It's certainly no coincide that this money is being thrown about at a time the Chinese stock exchange is being scrutinised for being heavily controlled by the Chinese government.
But of a smell of money laundering off these deals.
Also the reason Drogba left a few years back was because he wasn't getting paid. When there's enough money laundered the plug will be pulled.

Drogba thing was different, owner was a fool, eccentric is a kind way of putting it, he since sold up up Greenland property group but is still in charge and still acting the eejit, recently banned the shenhua version of the kop for no reason

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 9:10pm
Lavezzi being linked with my team shenhua, ba, Tim Cahill and Guarin there already, momo sissoko had to leave to make way for Guarin under the foreign player quota system, they probably won't make the champions league spots even with those players

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 12:37pm
Lavezzi off out there now from PSG

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 12:58pm

Another decent article to explain it:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/feb/06/china-football-revolution-world-cup" rel="nofollow - http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/feb/06/china-football-revolution-world-cup

Posted By: Doolz101
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 7:18pm
My guess is most of the foreign players will get out of their contracts after months of not getting payed

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

£23.5 million despite less than 6 months left on his contract, crazy money.

Jelavic also gone over to a 2nd tier side.

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Doolz101 Doolz101 wrote:

My guess is most of the foreign players will get out of their contracts after months of not getting payed

Won't happen, no chance

Martins gone to shenhua, Cahill dropped

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

£23.5 million despite less than 6 months left on his contract, crazy money.

Jelavic also gone over to a 2nd tier side.

That's what his contract is worth. 

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 2:46pm
Graziano Pelle becomes sixth best paid player in the world after China transfer

Pelle has signed a contract worth £260,000 per week, making him the highest paid Italian of all time, and moving into an elite list of players in terms of pay packet.

The only players ahead of Pelle in terms of their annual pay now are 

Cristiano Ronaldo,

Lionel Messi, 

Hulk, 

Neymar 

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Its going to be real hard for players to say no to joining a chinese club. They have serious cash and willing to spend.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 3:05pm
Shandong buying their way out of relegation, money is worth it if he keeps them up, nevermind if he wins them the ACL

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 4:26pm
Is Dario Conca still up there on the highest paid players?

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 4:29pm
The arse will fall out of this surely. How can Chinese owners ever expect to see any return for their investments?

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Shandong buying their way out of relegation, money is worth it if he keeps them up, nevermind if he wins them the ACL

Is it?
What kind of prize/TV money is in the Chinese league?
Can they ever reasonably expect to make back what will amount to probably a £40m outlay by the time agents/underhand fees, wages and transfer fee are factored in.
What's the ACL worth? I would doubt it's a patch on the Champions League.

Edit: I was genuinely interested in this so I looked it up.
I couldn't find anything for the Chinese league prize money but I found the ACL prize money. Essentially every Europa league group stage participant gets better prize money than the winner of the ACL.

-------------
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 4:42pm
It's ridiculous

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 4:45pm
Hope they come in with a silly bid for Rooney doubt United would turn it down

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 5:19pm
That's one angle BOR, would United say spending that money on a player a week is worth is if they win the CL? Of course they would, why should Shandong not think the same about THE ACL?

Also, in China they're as much buying political favours (they're all company teams more or less, winning and doing well could mean 9 figure construction contracts), regional prestige etc as they are anything, it's viewed completely differently, especially in nothing cities like Shandong

Conca still there alright

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 5:21pm
Another f**king circus.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 5:25pm
You need to remember the population in China is greater than the population in EUROPE.

They are only beginning but it could be one hell of a super league in 20 years time so fan grabbing is still a high priority.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 9:12pm
Good point that, Shanghai were only ever a one club (Shenhua) city, they'd three last year and two this, the upstarts (sipg) are now the better team and will get lifelong fans off the back of it, Shenhua attendances are at an all time high, ticket prices gone up ten fold since I used to go, and that was only five years ago

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 11:59pm
This is getting ridiculous now..

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/hal-robson-kanu-offered-100000-8406701" rel="nofollow - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/hal-robson-kanu-offered-100000-8406701

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: OscarDelta
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 5:26am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

The arse will fall out of this surely. How can Chinese owners ever expect to see any return for their investments?

How can Man City, Chelsea, PSG owners ever see a return on their Investment ?????

Same scenario, same issue.

China has lots of money and needs to invest it.

Western Media decry Chinese infrastructure investments Africa claiming that China has imperialistic desires to enslave people.................. coming from European and US media its laughable.

When businesses can borrow from Govt with little or no return expected then it is not a surprise when some of it gets used in Sport.

IF UK Govt invested £1 per person in Football they would be giving it £62 million, If China did the same in China it would be £1 billion.................

If players grab the money can you blame them ?

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 10:26am
Sky have the broadcast rights for the league now.

Starting this Saturday showing Shanghai Shenua vs Jiangsu Suning

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 10:46am

Sky have the broadcast rights for the league now.

Starting this Saturday showing Shanghai Shenua vs Jiangsu Suning

brilliant news, delighted with this

that's a derby as well, should be good

Posted By: BigPodge
Date Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 3:43pm
A great bunch of lads Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2016 at 11:03am
Christian Vieri is coming out of retirement to play in China

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36927615" rel="nofollow - http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36927615

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2016 at 2:10pm
What a player!

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 2:02pm
Former Chelsea and Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas is set to earn a reported £11m a year after taking over Chinese Super League team Shanghai SIPG.

He replaces former England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson, who left the club on Thursday after two years in charge.

They obviously have too much money.

Anybody on here watch any of the China league?

-------------

Posted By: bannerboy95
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 2:07pm
Seen it on Sky recently no interest at all in it hopefully the league and brand fades away for the better of the game all round

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by bannerboy95 bannerboy95 wrote:

Seen it on Sky recently no interest at all in it hopefully the league and brand fades away for the better of the game all round

No chance at all. Don't think it'll ever stop until they get to host a World Cup.

Posted By: HelloBarry
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 4:44pm
The Chinese are trying to level with Arabs. Likely that they will bid for hosting after 2026 

-------------
Quit while you are ahead.
All the best gamblers do.

http://blog.sbobet.com/tips

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 4:13pm
Chelsea midfielder Oscar says he is "90% certain" to move to Chinese Super League club Shanghai SIPG in January.

The fee for the 25-year-old Brazilian midfielder would be around £60m. He http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/18990002" rel="nofollow - joined the Blues from Internacional for £25m in 2012.

A move would reunite Oscar with former Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas, who is now in charge at Shanghai.

Thats serious money for him.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 2:21pm
Oscar look to be going to China for 52 Million sterling Shocked

That is outrageous money it makes him the 9th most expensive transfer

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 2:23pm
Forgot about him still being at Chelsea

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 2:33pm
Wonder if there's any Chinese clubs interested in Fellani. Might get a few quid for him then

-------------

Posted By: bundy
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 10:46am
Have a mate living in Shanghai he said it's all to do with betting. The Chinese were punting millions on Premiership games for years but have now decided they want to buy their own clubs superstar players & win money backing their own teams. It's absolute madness what's going on out there with the money being thrown at players.

According to him, the Chinese mafia are behind a lot of these deals and often there could be anythint up to £10m on a game between rivals. They have so much money it's not even a thought for them. All about bragging rights & who can get they biggest name in.

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 11:16am
Lived in Shanghai myself and went to shenhua and first I've heard of that, don't buy it tbh, the teams are all owned by huge companies, mostly government backed and can't see betting impacting their buys, they'd be in jail in seconds if found out

$10m bet in a city of 25m is nothing

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 3:42pm
I know why the Chinese are so eager to get big name players in, and to do that they have to pay them massive wages. These lads are no mugs and they have a domestic market bigger than Europe and America combined. 

So I get all that, but why are they paying the clubs well over the odds for players? If Juventus wanted to buy Oscar, would they be paying that fee? I'd have thought at most 30 odd.

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I know why the Chinese are so eager to get big name players in, and to do that they have to pay them massive wages. These lads are no mugs and they have a domestic market bigger than Europe and America combined. 

So I get all that, but why are they paying the clubs well over the odds for players? If Juventus wanted to buy Oscar, would they be paying that fee? I'd have thought at most 30 odd.

face can beat economics some times, mines bigger than yours and all that

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 6:49pm
Tevez on his way to China reports saying he'll be paid 650k a week

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 8:53am
Need to find myself a Chinese Super League team. Who are the Liverpool of the league? And more importantly, who hates them the most?

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 7:50pm
Oscar on £400K/week. 
Apparently Zlatan was offered £1m/week.

Seeing the Chinese league signed a £1bn 5 year TV deal. It could well be here to stay.

I`d personally revel in the day the arse fell out of the English League. As Didier Hamman said "they`ve been selling a Skoda as a Mercedes for a long time.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 10:57pm
Apparently they are trying to sign referees now, I saw elsewhere that there is talk of their Super League approaching Clattenburg. He can get a tattoo of a wad of cash then.LOL

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 11:14am
Carlos Tevez officially the highest paid player in the world, on £615,000 a week at Shanghai from today.

Ridiculous

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 11:23am
The transfer fee is even more insane - £71.6m for a 32 year old striker!

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

The transfer fee is even more insane - £71.6m for a 32 year old striker!

Where did you see that  fee??

BA, Martins and Tevez up top now with Moreno & Guarin (who will probably be sold) further back but nothing at the back, be lucky to get champions league

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 11:41am
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/29/carlos-tevez-shanghai-shenhua-chinese-super-league" rel="nofollow - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/29/carlos-tevez-shanghai-shenhua-chinese-super-league

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 11:53am
Jesus, crazy money, not sustainable at all

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 12:39pm
Look who his new Manager is aswell ffs LOLClown

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 12:46pm
Was this not the club who struggled to pay Drogba a few years back? Was Tevez not homesick in Europe? I can't help but think he will be home by Easter.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Was this not the club who struggled to pay Drogba a few years back? Was Tevez not homesick in Europe? I can't help but think he will be home by Easter.

New owners since then, owned by a major company now, previous owner was a lunatic, made cellino look competent

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 2:44pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

New owners since then, owned by a major company now, previous owner was a lunatic, made cellino look competent
And if the current owners are sane, why are they giving a semi-retired footballer, with a history of being homesick, 615k  a week?LOL They might be more financially stable but they are still lunatics.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 2:47pm
As above, mine is bigger than yours

Also, corruption been stamped out pretty well but the premier loves his football and wants it to be a global football power so it's one of the few ways left to curry political favour

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 3:01pm

As above, mine is bigger than yours

Also, corruption been stamped out pretty well but the premier loves his football and wants it to be a global football power so it's one of the few ways left to curry political favour
I think they are going about it all the wrong way, it seems to be absolute lunacy. 

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 3:07pm
Probably but if they get some new meetings with the government and some large construction contracts from that it's money back, not to mention it's a lot easier for then to do business abroad now they've name recognition

Key thing to remember is these teams are all effectively company teams and used for marketing and pr purposes

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 3:20pm
I can see why they are attracting star names - its all about grabbing fans.

The population of China is 1.3bn which is double the population of Europe. If they get in early and dominate the popularity contest, thats a lot of fans buying into the club.

However I have no idea why they are paying such vast sums of monies. Like america they will have to pay a premium but they are paying way over the odds.

The players should make hay while the sun shines.... but make sure they get paid and get that money out of china asap!

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 3:21pm
71m Shocked

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 3:21pm

Probably but if they get some new meetings with the government and some large construction contracts from that it's money back, not to mention it's a lot easier for then to do business abroad now they've name recognition

Key thing to remember is these teams are all effectively company teams and used for marketing and pr purposes
That is incredibly sad but hardly surprising.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 12:03am
Jorge mendes says Chinese club offered 300m for Ronaldo

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 12:05am
f**king mental. Offered him 100m a year for wages

-------------

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 1:48am
100 mills a year couldn't compensate sacrificing his semi nude Facebook and Twitter posts

Posted By: Spudgunn1980
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 5:05pm
Does nobody see the irony in EPL supporters being flabbergasted at the wages and transfer fees involved in these deals??

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Spudgunn1980 Spudgunn1980 wrote:

Does nobody see the irony in EPL supporters being flabbergasted at the wages and transfer fees involved in these deals??
Yes. It's complete pot/kettle/black.

The jump from Airtricity wages to Premiership wages is far more outrageous than Premiership to China.

Actually the jump from Bundesliga wages to Premiership wages is probably more than the jump from Premiership to China

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 11:58am
€150 million bid & €788,000 a week wages offered to Aubameyang from Shanghai

Dead

(Euro's not pounds, forum doesn't like it when you type a currency)

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 12:02pm
i see Axel Witsel turned down Juventus to move to China also

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 12:09pm

€150 million bid & €788,000 a week wages offered to Aubameyang from Shanghai

Dead

(Euro's not pounds, forum doesn't like it when you type a currency)

TBH Dortmund would be stupid to turn that down

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

He was honest enough to say he couldn't turn it down, now I'd imagine he was on a pretty penny at Zenit but he'll supposedly earn 17m a year by moving to China

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

He was honest enough to say he couldn't turn it down, now I'd imagine he was on a pretty penny at Zenit but he'll supposedly earn 17m a year by moving to China
loves the dollars that lad, was a huge fee to go to zenit in the first place

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 7:43pm
Sky reporting that Diego Costa hasn`t trained for the last 3 days after being offered a wage of £30 million/year.
Transfer fee supposed to be £80 Million.

-------------

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 8:07pm
Sweet! This could really unsettle the team

But this china business is getting ridiculous!

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Sweet! This could really unsettle the team

But this china business is getting ridiculous!
It is ridiculous alright, no different to the EPL though really.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 8:40pm
Spending caps to be introduced and government giving out about money spent so it should cool down now

Costa presumably an attempt to get in ahead of the cap, bit weird the club wasn't named

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 8:48pm
Hasn't trained for 3 days.

*Looks at Chelsea's pre-match training routine video on Youtube dated only today*
*See's Diego Costa there*

Sky talking bollocks again! Serious waste of time they are, all they do is look on Twitter and report it as their own.

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 8:45am

Spending caps to be introduced and government giving out about money spent so it should cool down now

Costa presumably an attempt to get in ahead of the cap, bit weird the club wasn't named
The Chinese government love this - not a hope they'll bring in a cap.

As said above, this is just the shoe on the other foot. Premiership been throwing silly money at German players for years. Same with European teams to sort americans. Life goes on

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 9:23am
Apart from the fact they came out during the week and said a cap was coming..

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 9:37am

Apart from the fact they came out during the week and said a cap was coming..
That was a story from BBC - no doubt some english journalist upset about their league losing players.

I'd be very surprised if it went through

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 10:11am
We'll see, seen it on a few Chinese pages too, those ones mentioned the spiralling cost of Chinese players as a bigger issue

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 1:33pm
New squad rules which might stop the big spending a bit 

Only allowed 3 foreigners on the pitch at the same time
Only allowed 5 foreigners in the matchday squad
Must have 2 Chinese U23's in the squad, 1 of them must start.

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 1:36pm
Those rules aren't new, bar perhaps the u23 rule

Also, would make the price go up if they were new

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 1:37pm

Those rules aren't new, bar perhaps the u23 rule

Also, would make the price go up if they were new

The 3 foreigners at the same time isn't new but the rest is !

Before it was 3 foreigners + 1 non Chinese/Asian and that's it.

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 1:41pm
Not too sure as Shenhua, who I'd follow, had four non Asians last season but does sound right now you say it

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 5:28pm

I don't really see how this will curb it. Every team is still able to make 3 massive signings and I don't think there was ever any suggestion they were going to make first 11s of former European players.
It was all about my marquee player is better and cost more than your marquee player.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

I don't really see how this will curb it. Every team is still able to make 3 massive signings and I don't think there was ever any suggestion they were going to make first 11s of former European players.
It was all about my marquee player is better and cost more than your marquee player.

It's pretty easy to see how, it'll stagnate at first then slowly decrease with the new spending rules Nvidic pointed out, meanwhile the price of Chinese players will rocket.

It will curb the spending because the rules are focused on Chinese players, any half-decent U23 who comes along is going to get alot of attention and you can easily anticipate they'll expand the rules in future seasons to having to start more than 1 of them per game.
Pretty much every Chinese club has filled the 3 signings quota, you're not going to easily sell Oscar on a 400k a week contract if he's not using 1 of the 5 squad spots usefully, he's going to stay there and run it out.

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 5:51pm
Afraid you're a bit off there, the 3+1 rule was there for years and spending kept going up as clubs discarded players they didn't need, just because they've filled their spots doesn't mean they won't look to improve on who they have. There is very good players in China who would never have played in Europe but know the Chinese league inside and out and excelled in it, Gio Moreno and Elkeson for example, who will likely now be let go

U23 Chinese players will be worth a fortune now, way over their actual worth

You may be right in one way though, if you previously had 100m to spend on your four foreigners, you now need that money for five foreign players and a good Chinese player, so the money is spread thinner

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 2:08pm
See Tevez lost his first game getting knocked out the AFC CL by Brisbane Roar

Cant wait for Gus Poyets excuse saying he wasnt backed properly again

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 6:25pm
Didn't even know that was on, brutal result, shenhua not started their league and Brisbane have but no excuse

Was actually there when they last played aussies in it, against Sydney FC

Posted By: Territorial
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 6:35pm
"Newcastle United midfielder Cheick Tiote has joined Chinese side Beijing Enterprises Group FC for an undisclosed fee."

"Who he?", I hear you ask.

"Who they?", I reply.

(They're both Second Division)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38899464" rel="nofollow - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38899464

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 6:50pm

Didn't even know that was on, brutal result, shenhua not started their league and Brisbane have but no excuse

Was actually there when they last played aussies in it, against Sydney FC

Their 1st goal was actually superb LOL

Who would you drop from the 4 foreigners they have for the 3 foreigner limit? I'm guessing the Korean centre back would be the obvious choice but he opted to leave out Guarin !

Moreno I'm guessing is 1 of those players who just happens to know the league inside out?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net