Subject: ROI v Belgium, Bordeaux, Travel & Accommodation
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 2:43pm
As it says in the thread title.

-------------
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"

Replies:
Posted By: armahibee
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 3:05pm
Anyone know where to get decent frogs legs and how much Is a decent/cheap bottle of wine no, in all seriousness I still can't get a train in and out of Paris, keeps telling me I'm too early but folk on here are getting sorted, any ideas?

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by armahibee armahibee wrote:

Anyone know where to get decent frogs legs and how much Is a decent/cheap bottle of wine no, in all seriousness I still can't get a train in and out of Paris, keeps telling me I'm too early but folk on here are getting sorted, any ideas?
captaintrain.com or try loco2

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: farrell
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 3:28pm
About 10 of us have booked into apartments in a town called Arcachon, 50km from Bordeaux. Looks like a decent spot too! Staying there for 6 days

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

captaintrain.com or try loco2

Still getting the same crap, I'm farming this out to one of the lads it's a balls, cheers anyways

Posted By: Colum
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 4:08pm

I've been to France seven or eight times and have only ever seen frogs' legs on a menu once. I'm sure they exist, just not in most of the places I've been in and I have wanted to try them - just not the first time when I was only there on a school tour and was even disgusted by black pudding. Snails widely available though but have never fancied them. Half decent wine can be bought for a few quid a bottle - have never been to Bordeaux but would imagine it's quire reasonable there.

Posted By: belt
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 4:20pm
Going to the first two group games so will be flying home on the 19th, anyone any tips of a reasonable route home? Pretty expensive going from Bordeaux and nothing suitable from Biarritz and La Rochelle anyway

Posted By: The White Cafu
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Colum Colum wrote:

I've been to France seven or eight times and have only ever seen frogs' legs on a menu once. I'm sure they exist, just not in most of the places I've been in and I have wanted to try them - just not the first time when I was only there on a school tour and was even disgusted by black pudding. Snails widely available though but have never fancied them. Half decent wine can be bought for a few quid a bottle - have never been to Bordeaux but would imagine it's quire reasonable there.

in the 4 weeks I spent in France i only came across them once, in a Chinese restaurant at that LOLLOL 

Posted By: rolo
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

in the 4 weeks I spent in France i only came across them once, in a Chinese restaurant at that LOLLOL 

Keep it on topic lads, the first post about frogs legs was a joke and still ye replied.

-------------
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by farrell farrell wrote:

About 10 of us have booked into apartments in a town called Arcachon, 50km from Bordeaux. Looks like a decent spot too! Staying there for 6 days

Good few staying here our group booked into roc hotel for 7 nights

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

Going to the first two group games so will be flying home on the 19th, anyone any tips of a reasonable route home? Pretty expensive going from Bordeaux and nothing suitable from Biarritz and La Rochelle anyway

Have you tried La Rochelle via Brussels ?

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 4:43pm
looking at the options,i am glad i booked La Rochelle,6 nights in a private apartment for 300€, by the beach, only 2 hours to Bordeaux on a 10€ train and a 37€ flight to Brussels from La Rochelle airport.

-------------

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 4:47pm

Fella in Finglas imports them - Les Cargo is his name.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Posted By: Hoosay
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 4:50pm
Do train tickets only go on sale 3 months in advance? 
I can book Eurostar tickets to Paris, but can't get tickets to Bordeaux beyond March.

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 4:51pm

I got a decent Ryanair flight from Paris Beav to Dublin departing 10pm, leaving Bordeaux for home the 19th myself. Just getting out of Bordeaux, flights where a disaster tried bilbao but wasnt practical then barcelona f**ksake

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Hoosay Hoosay wrote:

I can book Eurostar tickets to Paris, but can't get tickets to Bordeaux beyond March.

+1

Posted By: belt
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 4:58pm

I got a decent Ryanair flight from Paris Beav to Dublin departing 10pm, leaving Bordeaux for home the 19th myself. Just getting out of Bordeaux, flights where a disaster tried bilbao but wasnt practical then barcelona f**ksake

That could be an option - I'd be saving €80 on the direct flight. Might just bite the bullet and go direct...I'll be delicate enough by that stage and could be worth it

Posted By: wicklowrunner
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 5:04pm
2 nights Paris, 3 nights Biarritz, 2 nights Bordeaux, 2 nights EuroDisney, 2 nights Lille=€312 per person in Triple Rooms.

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 5:10pm

+1

Was having the same problem earier but someone put this link up http://www.sncf.com/en/services/tickets-bookings

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

2 nights Paris, 3 nights Biarritz, 2 nights Bordeaux, 2 nights EuroDisney, 2 nights Lille=€312 per person in Triple Rooms.
seriously?? airbnb?

Posted By: Hoosay
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 5:18pm

+1

Was having the same problem earier but someone put this link up http://www.sncf.com/en/services/tickets-bookings

Nice one

Posted By: larraga
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 6:21pm

voyages sncf/ euro 2016

Posted By: niall290
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 8:17pm

Flying out that Eve to Stansted from Poitiers. €100

-------------
June 2012 party time!!

Posted By: Gashley Grimes
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by niall290 niall290 wrote:

Flying back to Dublin from Bilbao 91eur(booked it over weekend) on the 19th staying in Biarritz - bus to San Sebastian and then bus onto Bilbao.

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 8:36pm

+1

Was having the same problem earier but someone put this link up <span style="line-height: 16.8px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">http://www.sncf.com/en/services/tickets-bookings</span>

Nice one

Cheers dude, that's me 100% sorted, flights, accommo, and transport, just the tickets to sort. Happy days!

Posted By: bannerboy95
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 9:33pm
anybody find any cheap accomodation in la rochelle or arcachon?? even bordeaux??

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by Gashley Grimes Gashley Grimes wrote:

Flying back to Dublin from Bilbao 91eur(booked it over weekend) on the 19th staying in Biarritz - bus to San Sebastian and then bus onto Bilbao.
just spent the weekend un bilbao. a class spot altogether. i recommend ye spend at least 1 night there. the basques drink like fish !

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by bannerboy95 bannerboy95 wrote:

anybody find any cheap accomodation in la rochelle or arcachon?? even bordeaux??

We staying in roc hotel in arcachon €50 a night per person

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by bannerboy95 bannerboy95 wrote:

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 10:25pm

Same here, can book the train from Paris to La Rochelle but its too early to book La Rochelle to Bordeaux and back.

-------------

Posted By: Deane
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 11:12pm
Have 2 nights about 40 minutes outside Bordeaux, probably be difficult to get back after the match. What are taxi prices like in France?

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 11:26pm
In two minds between staying in La Rochelle or Arcachon for 5 nights. What are others thinking?
La Rochelle is a lot further away but not sure what Arcachon will be like

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 11:36pm
With flixbus La Rochelle to Bordeaux is 13.50€ and 2.40mins , train takes 2.13 mins and the cheapest ticket is 10€, i booked La Rochelle as it seems a nice coastal town with a beach and a decent nightlife, plus Ryanair fly into La Rochelle airport and the flight to Brussels was only 37€, plus accom in Bordeaux was a bit too pricey,got private apartments with a single bed,kitchen etc ,300€  for 6 nights.

-------------

Posted By: Beermonster
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 11:37pm

Am doing the same. Got a Paris Dublin flight at 6pm on sunday evening and have booked a 1st class train ticket from Bordeaux to Paris for 30 quid leaving at 11am. Will be spot on for a well needed kip after the week of madness! 

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

With flixbus La Rochelle to Bordeaux is 13.50€ and 2.40mins , train takes 2.13 mins and the cheapest ticket is 10€, i booked La Rochelle as it seems a nice coastal town with a beach and a decent nightlife, plus Ryanair fly into La Rochelle airport and the flight to Brussels was only 37€, plus accom in Bordeaux was a bit too pricey,got private apartments with a single bed,kitchen etc ,300€  for 6 nights.
Sorry SalzburgLilly that was a typo, meant Arcachon. I'll be getting the train down from Paris and La Rochelle looks like a lovely place but Arcachon is only 50 mins outside Bordeaux. Dont know anything about Arcachon but if theres a good few other Irish there it should be good craic and great to ge away from a city for a few days.

Posted By: Scamper
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 11:48pm
About 25 of us booked into La Rochelle for 5 nights

-------------
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 2:46am
Is anyone actually staying in Bordeaux?

I've an apartment booked for two nights, costing near €300 but it looks really nice and it's in Bordeaux city centre overlooking the Saint Michel Cathedral. 

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: Hickster74
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 7:41am
I'm staying a week, wouldn't miss it. A lot of Bordeaux hotels seem to not use the booking.com or other sites or they only have a proportion on them. You have a good location in St Michel, close to where you'll want to go out. It's sort of a fruit market area so has an edge like smithfield does but very different of course.

I've posted some general info on the Bordeaux general thread.

-------------
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 8:45am
I think I'll be staying in a campsite for Bordeaux. Either that or in a car. I'm driving up with my buddy from Northern Spain. Will only being staying 1 or 2 nights anyway. Prices of hotels seem very expensive and as I'll only be there for a short time, I don't mind slumming it for a couple of days.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 9:32am

Originally posted by Gashley Grimes Gashley Grimes wrote:

just spent the weekend un bilbao. a class spot altogether. i recommend ye spend at least 1 night there. the basques drink like fish !
Yeah I've got a few friends from the region Real Sociedad fans - and the Basques are a nation of green  

Posted By: niall290
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 11:16am
Struggling to find train from Paris to La Rochelle day after Sweden game. Can anyone point me in the right direction regards pricing and duration.

-------------
June 2012 party time!!

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 11:25am

Struggling to find train from Paris to La Rochelle day after Sweden game. Can anyone point me in the right direction regards pricing and duration.

https://www.captaintrain.com/" rel="nofollow - https://www.captaintrain.com/

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 1:04pm

seriously?? airbnb?

http://www.hotelf1.com/gb/home/index.shtml" rel="nofollow - http://www.hotelf1.com/gb/home/index.shtml
2 nights in the host cities.... very basic but will do the job.....

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 1:30pm
Good man Wicklowrunner. Just booked two nights in hotelF1 Bordeaux Sud Villenave d'Ornon.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: manchesterbhoy
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 1:33pm
lads if your staying in hotel f1 its shared toilets and showers, don't get stuck in the jacks otherwise you might come out drenched, some of them self washing, yes they are basic, nothing could be as bad as the hostels in Poznan and being ripped off for them

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

lads if your staying in hotel f1 its shared toilets and showers, don't get stuck in the jacks otherwise you might come out drenched, some of them self washing, yes they are basic, nothing could be as bad as the hostels in Poznan and being ripped off for them

Yeh - Stayed in them before... but great price for the host cities....

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 2:15pm

seriously?? airbnb?

http://www.hotelf1.com/gb/home/index.shtml" rel="nofollow - http://www.hotelf1.com/gb/home/index.shtml
2 nights in the host cities.... very basic but will do the job.....

Posted By: Bo Jackson
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 2:16pm
I'm staying in Hotel Stars Bordeaux Sud for two nights 17th-19th in the city centre, got it for 144, albeit no free cancellation. If I had that, then I'd switch to La Rochelle for the same dates in addition to staying there from 14th-17th.

-------------
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 2:22pm
That would be a lot of travelling game day.

Must say I like to wake up in the March city on game day and go to bed that night in the match city. After that I don't mind.

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 2:22pm
Don't really care about the shared jacks and that. I've stayed in some right kips before. Delighted to get a room for so cheap. Was going to be staying in a tent so this is a step up.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 2:50pm
We've booked into another one of the F1 Hotels in Bordeaux : About 2Km from the City Centre across the river. Seem ideal for what we are after.

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

That would be a lot of travelling game day.

Must say I like to wake up in the March city on game day and go to bed that night in the match city. After that I don't mind.

Posted By: barcabhoy
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Good man Wicklowrunner. Just booked two nights in hotelF1 Bordeaux Sud Villenave d'Ornon.

Booked in here the other day. Dirt cheap

-------------
For these games, you must keep a cold heart no, a warm heart and a cold mind no, head! So you must have a warm heart and (pause)a cold head.

Posted By: Peter1986
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 3:05pm
Just booked into hotel f1 Bordeaux ville for 2nites 17th to 19th of june for 3 of us got it for 144 which is €24 a nite each very happy with it and its not 2 far from city centre just over the river.Was thining of staying in a tent but cant go wrong for that price.

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by barcabhoy barcabhoy wrote:

Where do you live Barcabhoy? Group of us heading up from Pamplona on the Friday afternoon.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: barcabhoy
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 3:11pm

Where do you live Barcabhoy? Group of us heading up from Pamplona on the Friday afternoon.

Live in Barcelona. Flights all booked up now. Is one of your friends always behind the goal with an Irish flag for their matches?

-------------
For these games, you must keep a cold heart no, a warm heart and a cold mind no, head! So you must have a warm heart and (pause)a cold head.

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 3:14pm

Live in Barcelona. Flights all booked up now. Is one of your friends always behind the goal with an Irish flag for their matches?
One of my mates who's a forum member knows him. He'd go to a fair few Osasuna games. I live in Dublin myself, there's a few of us heading to Pamplona first and driving up to Bordeaux from there.

Fill the car with a few slabs of Cruzcampo.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 3:31pm
Yes La Rochelle would interest me as it was a big U-boat port during WWII.

The films DAS BOOT and the u-boat scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark were made here.

Regarding the Allies, that wouldnt interest me at all I'm afraid.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Posted By: Percy
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 4:30pm
anyone still looking to do a weekend job on this game ? .. ive just booked flights total cost of which is 185 ... will also include a 2 hr train journey each way for 50 euro so total travel cost of 235 which is quite good compared to some of the ridiculous prices ive been seeing all day.. pm me for details

-------------
MERRY CHRISTMAS

@IrishPercy

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 7:57pm
Just booked the hotel f1 for six nights happy with price, but if anyone finds anything a bit nicer let me know Thumbs Up

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Posted By: Power2614
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 8:31pm
I cant Pm you for some reason

Posted By: Ballycastle
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 9:24pm
Apologises if this is in the wrong thread as I've posted in the La Rochelle thread

Anyone looked into the train service from La Rochelle to Bordeaux? I'll be on the flight from London Stansted on the 14th so was just wondering if there is a bus or train straight from the airport to Bordeaux?

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Ballycastle Ballycastle wrote:

Apologises if this is in the wrong thread as I've posted in the La Rochelle thread

Anyone looked into the train service from La Rochelle to Bordeaux? I'll be on the flight from London Stansted on the 14th so was just wondering if there is a bus or train straight from the airport to Bordeaux?
there isn't is the simple answer...

Bus
Airport ↔ La Rochelle City Center
Reach the city center in 15 minutes!
- From Monday to Saturday, on bus every 30 min : route 7 Rompsay / ZI Périgny (bus stop : Place de Verdun)
- Sunday : Route 47 ''Beaulieu" (bus stop : Place de Verdun)
1.30 €, single ticket available on board (cash only)

you can book a train at captaintrain.com if they are on sale. you might have to wait a couple of months.

-------------

Posted By: stiffler
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 9:44pm
Anyone booked Teneo apart hotel Bordeaux Begles?

Posted By: Butch
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 9:47pm
Anyone taking a camper to Bordeaux for this match & if so where are ye staying ?

Posted By: Ballycastle
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 9:51pm

Originally posted by Ballycastle Ballycastle wrote:

there isn't is the simple answer...

Bus
Airport ↔ La Rochelle City Center
Reach the city center in 15 minutes!
- From Monday to Saturday, on bus every 30 min : route 7 Rompsay / ZI Périgny (bus stop : Place de Verdun)
- Sunday : Route 47 ''Beaulieu" (bus stop : Place de Verdun)
1.30 €, single ticket available on board (cash only)

you can book a train at captaintrain.com if they are on sale. you might have to wait a couple of months.

Cheers for that I've just been looking on the euro trainline website and it's telling me that it's €72 euro return 14th/19th June

Posted By: stiffler
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 9:53pm
Anyone able to post train/bus options from Paris to Bordeaux on 17th June?

Cheers

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by stiffler stiffler wrote:

Anyone able to post train/bus options from Paris to Bordeaux on 17th June?

Cheers

All you have to do is google "Paris to Bordeaux train schedule"

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: Keltica
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 9:59pm

Great shout, see you in Biarritz!

-------------
On the First day of Christmas...

Posted By: 35 pages
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 10:04pm
Wicklow runner i wouldnt bother with eurodisney unless you have kids with you.

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 10:56pm
Just switched 10 of us from Biarritz to La Rochelle, same price accommodation an all. Seems like there's a decent gang going there!

-------------

Posted By: mario85
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by Keltica Keltica wrote:

Just switched 10 of us from Biarritz to La Rochelle, same price accommodation an all. Seems like there's a decent gang going there!

we're staying in the middle of bordeaux, is that a bad call or will all the craic be out in La Rochelle?

Posted By: LeedsLad95
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 11:06pm
Just after booking an Airbnb for 4 nights from 15th to 19th in Bordeaux. 155 between 2 of us,so very happy with that. Its in the Saint Genes area but beside a Metro stop so grand for getting around,hopefully. 

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 11:10pm
La Rochelle is over 2 hours from Bordeaux. I aim to pay a visit to it but if you have a hotel for central Bordeaux consider yourself lucky.  

You can never go far wrong by staying in the city centre of where the game is.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Anyone taking a camper to Bordeaux for this match & if so where are ye staying ?

Know a group of 25 who have booked camping du lac.

Posted By: jamo1
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 11:15pm
Booked one of those F1 Hotels, dirt cheap 290 for 5 nights in a triple room about 5km from Bordeaux city centre. Not bad! 

-------------
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Posted By: Percy
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 11:31pm
Emailed a wan there on air b and b with a 5 bed luxury chateau on an acre of land  about 5 miles outside bordeaux for 500 a night and asked her would it be ok if i threw up a few tents in the garden.

-------------
MERRY CHRISTMAS

@IrishPercy

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 12:34am
No no central Bordeaux will be amazing, I just couldn't get anywhere because I'm searching for 10 people!

Looking at that F1 Hotel now in Bordeaux North which is just across the river from the stadium!

-------------

Posted By: cathalb96
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 1:12am
Anybody else having trouble finding accomodation in Bordeaux? Saying everywhere's sold out!

-------------
Cathal Bourke

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 1:15am
Originally posted by cathalb96 cathalb96 wrote:

Anybody else having trouble finding accomodation in Bordeaux? Saying everywhere's sold out!

Avoid Booking.com for this as not all hotels are listed. Tripadvisor lists a few.

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 1:17am

Here you go Cathal: http://www.hotelf1.com/gb/hotel-2254-formule-1-hotelf1-bordeaux-nord-lormont/index.shtml

It doesn't show up on Booking but it's out by the stadium with a tram line into town and dirt cheap.

Shared bathrooms though just so you're warned but I just couldn't find anywhere else. Just booked 10 of us in there for €30/night from the Friday to the Monday, bingo; no travelling after the match day!

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 1:23am

Here you go Cathal: http://www.hotelf1.com/gb/hotel-2254-formule-1-hotelf1-bordeaux-nord-lormont/index.shtml

It doesn't show up on Booking but it's out by the stadium with a tram line into town and dirt cheap.

Shared bathrooms though just so you're warned but I just couldn't find anywhere else. Just booked 10 of us in there for €30/night from the Friday to the Monday, bingo; no travelling after the match day!

Cheers seems a grand aul place for a few nights! Not arsed with that hassle of going to some other city straight after the match

-------------
Cathal Bourke

Posted By: irish_goat
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 10:26am
Originally posted by mario85 mario85 wrote:

we're staying in the middle of bordeaux, is that a bad call or will all the craic be out in La Rochelle?

La Rochelle is 180km from the stadium. Confused 

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 11:37am
Originally posted by irish_goat irish_goat wrote:

Was thinking the same. Just because 50 - 60 fans are staying in La Rochelle out of about 7,000 id say there will be a bit of craic in Bordeaux!

-------------

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Posted By: daffyp
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 11:40am
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Was thinking the same. Just because 50 - 60 fans are staying in La Rochelle out of about 7,000 id say there will be a bit of craic in Bordeaux!
   50 to 60 fans??

Posted By: Paulie
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 12:04pm
Are we now trying to pre-empt how much craic we'll have with a view to out-craicing each other?

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Are we now trying to pre-empt how much craic we'll have with a view to out-craicing each other?
LOL I know. Like, if you're with a bunch of your friends, on the session in France during the Euro's, you're going to enjoy yourself regardless of where you are. I'm only going over for a weekend for the Belgium game so I'm staying 2 nights in Bordeaux. If I was going over for 2 weeks, I'd enjoy it anywhere.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 12:09pm

You should see the banter I'm having in the office today. It is EPIC

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: Paulie
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Bet my office is better.

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 12:16pm
Just answering the fellas question which was will there be much craic in Bordeaux. I said yes because the majority of Irish fans are staying there. Smile. Didnt mean to do a comparison between the two, i'm sure La Rochelle will be epic too! 

-------------

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

ClapClap ........and you self employed too

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by 35 pages 35 pages wrote:

Wicklow runner i wouldnt bother with eurodisney unless you have kids with you.

A load of big kids for the Sudios Park....

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 1:52pm
what are the main area's/streets for nightlife  in Bordeaux ?
Is there anywhere in particular where the best bars/restaurants are ?

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by daffyp daffyp wrote:

Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

50 to 60 fans??

I would estimate between 500-1000 will stay in La Rochelle,a lot of people who don't post on here will search  for info on where fans are headed and whats the best value,La Rochelle has nice beach,Ryanair fly there and accom seems to  be a lot cheaper than Bordeaux,regular public transport is available between the 2 cities so the distance won't be an issue,i am sure there will be plenty of craic where ever we go, i was based in host city Gdansk in 2012 and had a great time,but Torun was 2 hours away and from what i have heard ,that was an awesome place too.

I looked at Bordeaux a few weeks ago and this popped up LOL

-------------

Posted By: BohsinMunich
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 4:02pm
SG
What "extras" did you request ?

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 4:02pm
LOL

-------------

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 6:13pm
21 grand and they charge extra for breakfast LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 6:16pm
What TGV station are people getting on at to go to Bordeaux? Says on the TGV website that all the stations are way outside central Paris

-------------
Cathal Bourke

Posted By: Jerryfromkerry
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 6:21pm
Booked direct flights to Bordeaux. In Friday out Sunday. Paid a bit more than I would have liked but I doubt I will find a cheaper and less hassle free way of going to the Belgium game.

I'm in and out for all 3 games so only using 5 days annual leave.

-------------
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 6:31pm

What TGV station are people getting on at to go to Bordeaux? Says on the TGV website that all the stations are way outside central Paris

Montparnasse. Connected to the Metro, not that far from the centre. It's on line M4, which also goes via Gare de L'est and Gare du Nord.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net