URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=53035
Printed Date: 16 Apr 2024 at 11:52pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: RTE Investigates Program
Posted By: irishmufc
Subject: RTE Investigates Program
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 10:53pm
Anyone see it tonight?

Not surprising but talk about not being subtle.

The Monaghan buck "I want loads of money"

Delighted they got nailed

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Replies:
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 10:55pm
The Sligo fella just resigned.

-------------

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 10:56pm
I'm watching it now on +1. So local councillors are on the take? I'm shocked.

-------------

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 10:57pm
The Monaghan lad says he knew it was a set up and he just played along with RTE. Complete f**ktard

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 11:01pm
Unbelievable. I was laughing by the end of it. The Monaghan guy at the end reminded me of Clay Davis.

Posted By: Bitored
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 11:08pm
They should have zeroed in on John Perry far more.
The property he was declaring as a car park for his supermarket is a good 10-15min walk from the shop. It also contains a listed building. I'd love to hear him explain how it could be classed as part of the supermarket.
I won't go into anymore but they are facts.
The monaghan fella was some ejjit. Anyone that votes for him should be castrated. All you could feel was pity for the simpletons at the council meeting applauding him for using the cover of a local issue to get out of the lime light.

-------------
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 11:14pm
When the Monaghan buck did the hand illustrations of money going into his pockets I nearly collapsed on the floor laughing.

It's like Mayor Quimby out of the Simpsons

Your wan 'Nina' must've thought 'You gobsh*te' when your man did that.

-------------

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 11:21pm
Absolute mucksavage gombeens.  Yer man from Monaghan was like yer man from Father Ted with the corrupt sheep of the year competition.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: d13dave
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 11:22pm
Me too

Some amount of bling on him

Bet you nina was a tasty piece

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 11:28pm
Watching it on plus one.

This Monaghan lad is absolutely hilarious. He's unbelievable.

"If it successful for you.... I want loads of money."

LOLLOLLOL

-------------

Posted By: colmoc
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 11:31pm
http://twitter.com/theslicedpan/status/674002595913052160/video/1" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/theslicedpan/status/674002595913052160/video/1

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Watching it on plus one.

This Monaghan lad is absolutely hilarious. He's unbelievable.

"If it successful for you.... I want loads of money."

LOLLOLLOL

Followed by sweeping movements of the arms to illustrate him raking in the cash. Subtle.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 11:34pm
thanks for posting this thread, i just caught the last 10 minutes. 

The internet is gonna explode.... I want loads of money and that body gestures - comedy goldLOL LOL.

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 11:35pm
Hughie is a neighbour of mine. Absolute gangster and is widely known for it. Was on local radio this morning and said he knew it was a set up so he just played along for the craic. Brought up 10k sterling figure to make it sexy he said. Ffs!!

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 11:38pm
Do you ever see Nina in this? 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 11:40pm
SD can he be arrested for anything here or the fact that he didn't actually recieve "loads of money" mean he's sound?

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 11:53pm
Someone will need to make a complaint to the Gardai I suppose.

He has attempted to commit an offence, by the look of it.

-------------

Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:00am
Can't believe the audacity behind ah sure i knew all along and if i hadn't gone along with it sure there wouldn't be a show LOL

Stuff like this should be done all the time to scare them f**kers straight. Unfortunately this'll be a once off and forgotten about soon enough

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:02am
He'll get voted back in and he won't give a f**k as nothing will be done.

Really looking forward to the memes and videos people will make

-------------

Posted By: sid waddell
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:29am
Wheure's the Champion Butthar, haigh?

-------------
Edited by Trigboy 10 at 10:03pm

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:30am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

He'll get voted back in and he won't give a f**k as nothing will be done.

Really looking forward to the memes and videos people will make

It's disgusting that nothing is done. What's the point in anyone blowing the whistle on these crooks when it goes nowhere!

-------------
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:33am
Free enterprise LOL

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:47am
I'll be voting for Hugh McElvany at the next local elections and I expect him to top the poll with a much increased vote. 

My kind of politician and a top, top sportswriter as well.

-------------

Posted By: roverstillidie
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 9:44am
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

It's disgusting that nothing is done. What's the point in anyone blowing the whistle on these crooks when it goes nowhere!
The show was only last night, lets wait and see.

Public service broadcasting at its best. It also really makes it hard to argue against removing the vote from our rural cousins until they learn what to do with it.

-------------
He is Karl Pilkington in the LOI section and Karl Marx outwith it

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 9:48am
He has 'left' FG.

-------------

Posted By: gspain
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 9:55am
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Public service broadcasting at its best. It also really makes it hard to argue against removing the vote from our rural cousins until they learn what to do with it.

dead right as those culchies continued to elect the likes of Ray Burke Liam Lawlor, Bertie Ahern and Charlie Haughey long after they knew they were bent.

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 10:11am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

dead right as those culchies continued to elect the likes of Ray Burke Liam Lawlor, Bertie Ahern and Charlie Haughey long after they knew they were bent.
LOL

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 10:12am
God, it depresses me that our country really doesn't seem to have learned lessons from the past. 

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 10:12am

But not one of the above got re-elected after they were exposed....

-------------

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 10:29am
So nobody knew Bertie was crooked in 2007? Give me a f**king break

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 10:34am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

I was only a teenager when Ray Burke was elected for the last time - Everybody knew then out our way.

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 10:34am
H'on Hughie. H'up ya boy ya! 

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 10:36am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I was only a teenager when Ray Burke was elected for the last time - Everybody knew then out our way.

-------------

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 10:38am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

When the Monaghan buck did the hand illustrations of money going into his pockets I nearly collapsed on the floor laughing.

It's like Mayor Quimby out of the Simpsons

Exactly what I was thinking! LOL That was absolutely fooking hilarious. I thought the comedy arrived earlier in the day when on radio the same lad said he was just playing along for the craic (including explaining to the interviewer what 'taking the piss' meant LOL) but glad he saved the real gold for the programme.

And then the bit at the end where's resigning from Fine Gael because of all the 'self serving politicians'. LOL You couldn't have made up a funnier story/character in fairness. Talk about striking gold - that whole programme could not have gone any better for RTE!

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 11:36am
That other prick from Donegal threatening to sue RTE. Go on then ya fook.

At least Queenan has had the decency to resign.

What a country šŸ‘Ž

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 11:41am

no, he was exposed in 2008 and has not stood for election since

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 11:43am

But since he was exposed how many elections did he win?

I am not saying their aren't bent Dub politicians, but once exposed they are done, unlike rural Ireland who lap up the rogue

-------------

Posted By: cm79
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 11:47am

I am not saying their aren't bent Dub politicians, but once exposed they are done, unlike rural Ireland who lap up the rogue
Anyone in particular you are thinking of?

Posted By: the_walls
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 11:52am

Clearly Dublin is morally, culturally and genetically superior to the rest of Ireland. You should just declare independence to stop the rest of us holding you back.

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 11:53am
Bent Dublin politicians who left politics on exposure or country politicians voted in time and time again, some with criminal convictions?

-------------

Posted By: Jason Kelly
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:06pm
I dont think that programme is a shock to anybody tbh. I actually nearly admire the balls on that Monaghan guy, couldn't give a flying f**k. I read an article in the Independant i think it was, about 6 or 7 years ago, that said Monaghan is a bit unique in terms of politics in this state. A county with a large population of Prodestants that consistantly vote Blueshirt, regardless. Maybe thats why he didnt give a toss. 

I've always been more of a traditionalist myself. Id prefer to see my representatives armed, and in Military Uniform, like 100 years ago. You know if they're willing to take a bullet for you, they won't rip you off.

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:17pm
No, but the military in government tend to be more likely to put a bullet in you than either taking one for you or ripping you off. I'd be careful exactly what you wish for.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:18pm

Bent Dublin politicians who left politics on exposure or country politicians voted in time and time again, some with criminal convictions?

Names?

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Jason Kelly Jason Kelly wrote:

I dont think that programme is a shock to anybody tbh. I actually nearly admire the balls on that Monaghan guy, couldn't give a flying f**k. I read an article in the Independant i think it was, about 6 or 7 years ago, that said Monaghan is a bit unique in terms of politics in this state. A county with a large population of Prodestants that consistantly vote Blueshirt, regardless. Maybe thats why he didnt give a toss. 

I've always been more of a traditionalist myself. Id prefer to see my representatives armed, and in Military Uniform, like 100 years ago. You know if they're willing to take a bullet for you, they won't rip you off.
No doubt cheering that representative on, Starry Plough flag in one hand, megaphone allowing you to shout anti-immigration slurs in the other.  

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:23pm

No, but the military in government tend to be more likely to put a bullet in you than either taking one for you or ripping you off. I'd be careful exactly what you wish for.

Era, im not talking Pol Pot or anything like that. 

Like before the foundation of the State, people got involved for the right reasons, to do right by the people, not to line their own pockets. They're the type of people i'd like to see in charge.

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:24pm

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:25pm

Exactly. Look at the fooking state of Thailand.

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

No doubt cheering that representative on, Starry Plough flag in one hand, megaphone allowing you to shout anti-immigration slurs in the other.  

What are you on about now? 

Ive no problem with immigrants at all, atleast not the ones that will work and offer something.

Posted By: gspain
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:29pm

But not one of the above got re-elected after they were exposed....

Ray Burke's corruption was a front page story in the Indo in 1974.  Haughey was known to corrupt since the 1960's.  Lawlor was also known from an early stage.  As for Bertie the most cunning and devious of them all.....

At 14 I could name the councilors in Limerick that were on the take and those that were straight.

The reality is too many  this country turns a blind eye to corruption and it doesn't matter where in the country they are from.    It's cross party too btw.

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:32pm

Ive no problem with immigrants at all, atleast not the ones that will work and offer something.

Some of your comments here would suggest differently.

http://www.ybig.ie/forum/refugees_topic52316_page7.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.ybig.ie/forum/refugees_topic52316_page7.html

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:34pm
Unfortunately the story in 1974 was Ray Burke being cleared of wrong doing.

Haughey and Lawlor may have been suspected, but no-one 'knew'. My point remains, as soon as a Dub politician is exposed they are gone. Compare and contrast with Lowry and Fahey.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:39pm

Some of your comments here would suggest differently.

http://www.ybig.ie/forum/refugees_topic52316_page7.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.ybig.ie/forum/refugees_topic52316_page7.html

ONES THAT WILL WORK AND OFFER SOMETHING

AGAIN... ONES THAT WILL WORK AND OFFER SOMETHING. 

Do it right if they want, go to Turkey , find refugees with 3rd level Degrees and bring them in. Find Women and Children and bring them in and give them a better life. Im a believer in Women and Children first. I won't offer any apology for my stance.

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:42pm
Shouldn't all you culchies be off shopping in Dublin today ?????!!!

GSpain has this one nailed with his post earlier - Going on all over the country for years across all parties.

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:44pm
In Monaghan there are 2 Fine Gael camps really.
Heather Humpherys (minister) and Ciara mc Philips (councillor)
Sean Conlon (TD but resigned with Hughie last week) and Hughie mcelvaney.
Both camps hate eachother and all live within a 10 mile radius.
Hughie is blaming the other camp of colluding with rte to get him set up. The Sean conlon TD is up on assault charges for glassing someone in his bar in ballybay at the minute too.
A great bunch of lads

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:44pm
This is not an immigration thread lads. 

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

That was Seanie The Shuffler taking it off topic. 

It had no relevance what so ever to my point of the time when our representatives were decent, honest, upstanding members of Irish society.

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 12:56pm
Back on topic. Hughie's excuses prior to the airing of this were laughable in the extreme. Always been a chancer and a rogue with fingers in many pies. He'll try brazen through this I'd imagine. Been so long involved so long in 'politics' probably reckons he's untouchable the eejit. 

Of course he'll still hold a sizeable enough vote if he does indeed run next time around. There will always be people who will believe his wacky tales of getting one over RTE etc. However, that's not limited to Monaghan or rural Ireland, it's a country wide phenomenon, afterall, whens the last time Ireland wasn't governed either wholly or partly by either FF or FG.......

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 1:11pm
"The best small country in the world to do business"........
 "wicka wicka wild wild west".

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 2:04pm
There should be term limits on all politicians. 2 terms of 4 years are more than sufficient time for people to be in any public office.
After that your looking at people being in jobs for life and they have an unfair advantage over anyone else coming in.

The fact the standards in public office watchdog can't even launch an investigation and are 100% answerable to the government is a farce. It just shows this kind of stuff goes right from top to bottom.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 2:08pm

It might be if Hughie bring his 10k sterling over the border. Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 2:36pm

It might be if Hughie bring his 10k sterling over the border. Wink
That not be Emigration?

Now fuk off and stay on topic ye bright spark.

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 2:56pm
As a country we never learn from our mistakes . We just throw money at some half arsed remedy , do the same again and still be surprised about it !!

This being an Irish football forum , take the FAI as exhibit A ...

1) Saipan , Genises - queue Packie Bonner as technical director .
2) The Stan era - queue Wim Koevermans .. Man draws up a technical development plan , brings recommendations to the SFAI which are then shot down.
3) The end of Trap , ageing squad little coming through - queue Ruud Dokter ... Exactly as above , man draws up a technical development plan , brings recommendations to the SFAI which are then shot down. Back to square 1 .

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 3:26pm

This is not an immigration thread lads.Ā 

Ā 
It might be if Hughie bring his 10k sterlingĀ over the border. Wink
That not be Emigration?

Now fuk off and stay on topic ye bright spark.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 3:56pm
Just got to listen to McElvaney's interview on Shannonside Radio - God, the bloke is deluded.

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

As a country we never learn from our mistakes . We just throw money at some half arsed remedy , do the same again and still be surprised about it !!

This being an Irish football forum , take the FAI as exhibit A ...

1) Saipan , Genises - queue Packie Bonner as technical director .
2) The Stan era - queue Wim Koevermans .. Man draws up a technical development plan , brings recommendations to the SFAI which are then shot down.
3) The end of Trap , ageing squad little coming through - queue Ruud Dokter ... Exactly as above , man draws up a technical development plan , brings recommendations to the SFAI which are then shot down. Back to square 1 .
You have managed, in a thread about local authority corruption, to have a pop at the FAI. That is literally incredible.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 4:14pm

There should be term limits on all politicians. 2 terms of 4 years are more than sufficient time for people to be in any public office.
After that your looking at people being in jobs for life and they have an unfair advantage over anyone else coming in.

The fact the standards in public office watchdog can't even launch an investigation and are 100% answerable to the government is a farce. It just shows this kind of stuff goes right from top to bottom.
I heard an interesting idea. At the moment there is no legislation to allow people to leave their jobs and enter public service and go back unless you are a teacher. While you don't want them all like this, why not allow space where senior mangers in industry, the unions and whathave you can run for office knowing if they get in their jobs will be there when they leave after 4/8 years? This might see an exodus of the duds who gave us the crash, but we might also get actual talent in there who understand what is going on.

-------------

Posted By: deiseblue
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 4:14pm
Not as incredible as your efforts to creat an urban / rural divide on the question of political corruption !

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 4:37pm

Just got to listen to McElvaney's interview on Shannonside Radio - God, the bloke is deluded.

Is this brilliance available online anywhere?

Posted By: Bo Jackson
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by deiseblue deiseblue wrote:

Not as incredible as your efforts to creat an urban / rural divide on the question of political corruption !

LOLClap

-------------
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Is this brilliance available online anywhere?

I caught it via a link on Twitter - Ewan McKenna had a link to it. 

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 4:55pm

I heard an interesting idea. At the moment there is no legislation to allow people to leave their jobs and enter public service and go back unless you are a teacher. While you don't want them all like this, why not allow space where senior mangers in industry, the unions and whathave you can run for office knowing if they get in their jobs will be there when they leave after 4/8 years? This might see an exodus of the duds who gave us the crash, but we might also get actual talent in there who understand what is going on.

Some of these f**kers are worse than politicians.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net