Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=52804
Printed Date: 29 Apr 2024 at 1:50am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Athletics Thread
Posted By: Denis Irwin
Subject: Athletics Thread
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 9:52am
WADA realsing their report into claims of Doping, cover-ups and extortion in Russian athletics this afternoon. According to one of the co-authours it will show a "different scale of corruption, even compared to FIFA"

Fûck me that quote is saying something

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Replies:
Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 7:03pm
KGB basically helped the teams forge documents , state sponsored doping .
Might be a few medals upgraded here

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 7:03pm
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/nov/09/wada-iaaf-russia-dick-pound-banned" rel="nofollow - http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/nov/09/wada-iaaf-russia-dick-pound-banned

Unf**king real. Coe's position is untenable. He either knew about and did nothing which makes him complicit or he didn't which makes him incompetent

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

KGB basically helped the teams forge documents , state sponsored doping .
Might be a few medals upgraded here

Rob Heffernan will get a Olympic bronze afaik

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 7:11pm
Coe getting an absolute roasting off Jon Snow on Ch4 news

-------------

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 7:21pm
Coe comes out of this as an utter cock

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 8:45pm
I simply cannot believe that that lad's name is Dick Pound

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Posted By: sid waddell
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 8:50pm
Coe is a company man, quite literally. Works for Nike on top of his role as IAAF President. It's a clear conflict of interest. Nike have links to doping through Alberto Salazar's Nike Oregon project which includes Mo Farah. 

Some of the stuff Coe as said since becoming President have been worse than anything Pat McQuaid has ever come out with.

Russia should obviously be thrown out of the Olympics over this but they won't of course, a fudge will be found. 

€€€€€€€€

Russian sports minister Vitaly Mutko has apparently threatened to pull all anti-doping funding in Russia over this. A positive response from the Russians, so. LOL

It's pure comedy.

-------------
Edited by Trigboy 10 at 10:03pm

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 9:05pm
Next question; 

Russia, with their state sponsored doping which the athletics governing bodies were fully complicit in, with their deliberate destroying of blood samples, their covering up of positive tests,  (if the report is to be believed),  finished 4th in the overall medal table in 2012. Just as a matter of interest, they finished 9th in the preceding World Championships, quite the improvement in that 2 years. 

All that doping, and they still couldn't manage to beat the clean athletes from the USA, China & Great Britain. Anyone want to have a guess at why ?? 

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 9:18pm
In fairness Pound did say it wasn't just the Russians at it but question is were other Govts involved to the level the Russian's were. Chinese are almost a certainty

-------------

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Next question; 

Russia, with their state sponsored doping which the athletics governing bodies were fully complicit in, with their deliberate destroying of blood samples, their covering up of positive tests,  (if the report is to be believed),  finished 4th in the overall medal table in 2012. Just as a matter of interest, they finished 9th in the preceding World Championships, quite the improvement in that 2 years. 

All that doping, and they still couldn't manage to beat the clean athletes from the USA, China & Great Britain. Anyone want to have a guess at why ?? 

Because nobody has the heart of a British LionClap

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 9:43pm
Governments. Well, just to start with, the Spanish government, or functionaries of same,  destroyed blood bags from Operation Puerto, of which it is probably a good time to remind people that only about 15% of Mr Fuentés sports clients were the much demonised cyclists. The other 85%, well who knows. And Fuentés was only one single doctor. Probably the only doctor in Spain at the doping carry on, by the looks of things, which was a lucky escape for all involved. 

Were US & GB government agencies involved in doping ? Probably not. China ?? Well, they certainly have the form. Not that we will hear much about that either. 

The athletes from those countries doping in a private capacity ? Or training with the assistance/guidance of suspect coaches like Salazar ?? (Again, Salazar isn't the only dodgy coach in athletics)  Can imagine there is a few out there, to say the least. 

Athletics hasn't been remotely believeable for years, it should have less credibility than cycling, and does to anyone with their eyes open, but for the masses, industrialised doping ended with the fall of the Berlin wall. Very convenient, but even thinking about it logically, why would that be the case, given what we know about the aforementioned cycling to name just one sport ? There will always be athletes & sportspeople prepared to dope, and where there is demand, there will be a supply of sorts to meet it.

The only shock or surprise here is the fact anyone at all is shocked or surprised. 

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 9:24pm
Might as well use this thread.

Ciara Mageean with a European bronze. Fiona Brutton\McCormac came 4th in the Europeans with the gold medal being won by a Kenyan .

Molly Scott broke the Irish junior record twice in the 100mh winning a bronze in the European Youth Olympics and a girl from Dundalk Gina Akpe-Moses won silver in the 100.

They went onto the World u20 and came 5th in the 4x100 relay and breaking the Irish record.

Another Irish lad came 4th in the 800 too.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 6:48pm
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/apr/05/athletics-nationality-debate-migeul-francis-antigua-gb-usain-bolt" rel="nofollow - https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/apr/05/athletics-nationality-debate-migeul-francis-antigua-gb-usain-bolt

-------------

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 7:21pm
Anyone on here going to the World Athletics Championships in London this summer?

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 5:46pm
Gold for Ireland in the Womens 100m at the U-20 European Championships

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/athletics/gina-akpemoses-scoops-gold-for-ireland-in-100m-sprint-35955063.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/athletics/gina-akpemoses-scoops-gold-for-ireland-in-100m-sprint-35955063.html

-------------

Posted By: GB 1HughJarse
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Gold for Ireland in the Womens 100m at the U-20 European Championships

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/athletics/gina-akpemoses-scoops-gold-for-ireland-in-100m-sprint-35955063.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/athletics/gina-akpemoses-scoops-gold-for-ireland-in-100m-sprint-35955063.html

Great stuff.

Ps. Why do English people pronounce Ireland as "eyeland"

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 2:33pm
Bronze for Micheala Walsh too.

Watch out for Kate O'Connor in the multievents. She came 8th I think and she is only 16.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 4:19pm
John Fitzsimons wins bronze in the 800m and the womens relay qualify as second fastest in the 4x100m - so potentially another medal there.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 4:25pm
Sonia O'Sullivan's daughter Sophie seems to be taking after her. Ran well and won in a couple of races last week

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 4:30pm
There's a lot of young talented athletes coming through at the minute, at least at European level.

4 medals must be a record.

It's likely that the Gina will represent the UK as she trains and lives there, however just speculation at this stage.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 4:35pm
Horsey What's the reckoning about O'Sullivan's daughter will she compete for Ireland or Australia in the end at senior level ?

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 6:17pm
No idea. Not sure how good she is either. I know she won the Irish\Aussie 1500 but she could be a long way off Olympic standard etc..

The relay team came 4th - disaster.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: UCDFAN
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 7:42pm
Delighted Irish Championships are live on the television. Mark English (UCD) looks the most coldest among the Media, can media resources extend to a long jacket (exceptional warm conditions allow for evaporation of sweat without chilling athlete adversaly).

In sumer 1988 maybe 1989. I learnt this weekend was organised. I invited two junior cousins visiting the family home to travel with me. Two buses, including stresses over the correct spot. We arrived, Adults IRL£8, Underage IRL£6 (Maybe £4). It was steep for 1988 (maybe 1989). I was 18/19 and as a one season LoI regular 3 underage tickets. Our group past through the gate and provided towards a space. No, a steward/Official shouting after me that I wasn't 18 and I should pay the full price. For only the second time in my life I lied. I believe I told the loud gentleman "I was under 18". That's not what you say when you to lie, apparently "spefivics (sumting)" are key/quay"
Because of my LoI experience, walk away from scene of the crime (turnstiles) so our group had responded to claimant and keep walking.
My first visit to Billy Morton (maybe Santry Stadium) it's got a legitimate International reputation and now I was there. Mostly 90-95 per cent Athleyes on terraces. 2017 I see the same spaces on the terraces.

can't remember the Athletes, don't have a programme of start-lists (athletics word for line-ups).

The negativity towards both Santry Stadium/Billy Morton Stadium/Santry Stadium by LoI/ Bord Gais/ Eircom/Airtricity/SSE Airtricity League are rude in the main due to opposition of Diversity/ sharing space with other sports. The 400m Athletics Stadium with 3 terraces is resented but Stadio Olympio, Roma Derby between AS Roma-SS Lazio-AS Roma are celebrated by the same LOI Fans are celebrated is very inconsistent.

-------------
www.ucdsupporters.ie

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 9:09pm
See the GB lad at 200m transferring to us. Seems the Brits are delaying the paperwork,he was on off the ball this week. Qualified for the worlds but the delay is costing him

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 9:15pm
Sounds like the Brits being spiteful so he can't run in London

-------------

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 9:49pm

Sounds like the Brits being spiteful so he can't run in London
seems that way alright

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 9:59pm
Are you referring to Leon Reid?

He's transferring to NI so not sure he will represent Ireland.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Are you referring to Leon Reid?

He's transferring to NI so not sure he will represent Ireland.

Wants to represent Ireland in the Worlds. Was on Off The Ball and their was a couple of articles in the paper during the week about it. He wrote to Coe as well about it

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 10:13pm
Well he can't, and he can't because he has to run at the Nationals which was today and he never ran so will be omitted from selection.

He also could have ran at the Morton Games, Cork City Sports and other events, but he didn't.

He did run at that NI 'Nationals' a few weeks back and said he wanted to represent NI. I wonder did he then realize that NI and GB are the same team!

There is guy called Jeremy Philips born in the US, whose parents are Irish and he did run at the Nationals in both 100 and 200. And he ran some other races too. So he faces competition there too.

Edit: Another athlete from the occupied 6 just won the 200m in the Commonwealth Games youths - Aaron Sexton and apparently Summer Lecky won the High Jump.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: The Jackal
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 10:55pm

There's a lot of young talented athletes coming through at the minute, at least at European level.

It's likely that the Gina will represent the UK as she trains and lives there, however just speculation at this stage.

She's nor British though?

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 10:30am
Originally posted by The Jackal The Jackal wrote:

She's nor British though?

It doesn't matter. You can compete for your country of residence if you are living there for x amount of years.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 10:32am
Jesus when you think about the amount of times the Brits used to harp on about 'Plastic Paddies'

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 6:10pm
http://www.the42.ie/sophie-osullivan-u18-european-championships-4111092-Jul2018/" rel="nofollow - http://www.the42.ie/sophie-osullivan-u18-european-championships-4111092-Jul2018/

ClapClap

-------------

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 11:59pm
Same kick in the home stretch as her motherClap

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 9:44am
Patience Jumbo-Gula should win the gold today at 7pm.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 9:45am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Same kick in the home stretch as her motherClap

First thing that struck me when I read the article Clap

-------------

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 10:15am

Patience Jumbo-Gula should win the gold today at 7pm.

She seems to have great potential. We actually seem to have a decent crop of athletes coming through for the first time a good while - Jumbo-Gula, O'Sullivan and Akpe-Moses are all top notch prospects.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 10:36am
Sarah Healy breaking records galore too.

2nd fastest 1500m runner for her age.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 10:58am

Sarah Healy breaking records galore too.

2nd fastest 1500m runner for her age.

Completely forgot about her! Tokyo might come a little early for some of them but on their current trajectory we could have a really strong track and field team for Paris in 2024.

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 2:16pm
would be great to see us really computing for medals at future Olympics on the track... Make the whole thing much more exciting!

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 2:55pm
Can't see that happening.

I'd be surprised to see Ireland win an Olympic track medal in my life time.

Kate O'Connor is another great prospect in the heptathlon too.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 3:01pm

Can't see that happening.

I'd be surprised to see Ireland win an Olympic track medal in my life time.

Kate O'Connor is another great prospect in the heptathlon too.

Presume you mean another or are you forgetting Sonia in the Sydney games Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 3:09pm
Another one yeah.

Barr came close with his 4th spot but didn't take the opportunity and don't he will come as close again.

He's not even ranked in the top 100 this year.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 6:12pm
Gold medal for Sarah Healy Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 7:14pm
Sophie O'Sullivan runs again at 7.40pmThumbs Up

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 7:56pm
2nd in her semi final and into the final

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 7:57pm
Patience Jumbo-Gula came 5th

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

2nd in her semi final and into the final

Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 8:03pm

Gold medal for Sarah Healy Clap

Gold and 8 seconds outside her best is astonishing.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 6:46pm
Gold in the 100m for ADELEKE

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 6:49pm

Gold in the 100m for ADELEKE

Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 6:50pm
Sophie running at 8:18pm live on Eurosport 2 

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 6:52pm
Yep. It's on here too.

http://www.european-athletics.org/" rel="nofollow - http://www.european-athletics.org/

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 6:56pm
Just some perspective here.

She's only 15 and has another 3 years running at this age group

Her time of 23.52 is the ninth fastest 200m at senior level.

This is a star in the making.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 6:57pm

Just some perspective here.

She's only 15 and has another 3 years running at this age group

Her time of 23.52 is the ninth fastest 200m at senior level.

This is a star in the making.

f**king hell LOL

Presuming Tokyo would still be to early for her ? 

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 7:00pm
23.20 is the qualifying standard, so she's a bit off.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 7:02pm
Her mother is absolutely thrilled.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 7:03pm
Jaysus who pissed in her cornflakes LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 8:25pm
Silver for Sophie 

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 8:29pm
Great running.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 6:13pm
Another gold for Healy

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 6:14pm

Another gold for Healy

Clap

Has some kick. No one close to her at all on the final lap. Looks a really great prospect for Senior Level 

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 12:14pm
Yeah, Healy just completely destroyed the field for both the 3,000 and the 1,500. At the end of both she looked like she could do it all again whilst the rest of the field was in a hape on the ground! Incredible prospect.

Posted By: Neil Armstrong
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 3:00pm
He's backThumbs Up

https://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/athletics/watch-were-back-baby-thomas-barr-comes-from-nowhere-to-clock-seasons-best-in-400m-hurdles-victory-37098676.html

-------------
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 4:51pm
Akpe-Moses into the 100m final at the U-20 World Championships Clap

https://www.rte.ie/sport/athletics/2018/0712/978268-akpe-moses-qualifies-for-u20-100m-final-at-euro-cships/" rel="nofollow - https://www.rte.ie/sport/athletics/2018/0712/978268-akpe-moses-qualifies-for-u20-100m-final-at-euro-cships/

-------------

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 5:02pm
Coyne must be close to qualifying for the Irish walking team? 

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

LOL

-------------

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 5:46pm

LOL
Forest coyne 

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 6:51pm

LOL

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 12:05pm
BrilliantLOL He moved more in that one walk than his hero Jack Rodwell has moved in his time at Sunderland

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 2:16pm
Silver for the girls medal relay team .

Looked like a poor batan change at the last leg, could have possibly won gold.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 8:45pm
I see two of these girls are from the town Clap

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

I see two of these girls are from the town Clap
As opposed to what ? A village ? A hamlet ?

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 1:06pm
Summer Lecky surprisingly wins a silver in the high jump.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 1:32pm

Summer Lecky surprisingly wins a silver in the high jump.

Great result by her she trains in the athletics club near where i work massive hype around her potential and what the future could hold for her

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 1:34pm
Yeah she's from Castlederg and trains with Finn Valley, definitely a surprise medal.

Her previous best was 1.85 so to increase that to 1.90 is unbelievable.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 1:36pm

Yeah she's from Castlederg and trains with Finn Valley, definitely a surprise medal.

Her previous best was 1.85 so to increase that to 1.90 is unbelievable.

Patsy mcgonigley involved with finn valley sees her as 1 for the future.  The experience of going to the commonwealth games earlier this year is good for her too

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 7:20pm
Bronze for Thomas Barr ClapClapClapClapClapClap

-------------

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 8:05pm
C'mon Leon Reid! His story is something else.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 10:42pm
Great year for Irish athletics.

Delighted for Barr.

Those times were unreal for the 400mh.

Barr ran 48:31 for bronze.

48.98 won the gold in 2016
48.96 won the gold in 2014
49.33 won the gold in 2012

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 11:33pm
think yer man in the 200m, he finished 7th but his time would have won 2 years ago

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 12:03am
why are all these times improving? 
💉💉

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 6:37am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

LOL
Forest coyne 

LOL

He must be a cert for a medal in Tokyo.

-------------

Posted By: cliffrichard
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 7:18am

💉💉

Berlin is probably the fastest sprint track in the world. 

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 7:18am

💉💉

To use a generality and put it all down to performance enhancing drugs is pure bullsh*t. I suppose that’s why we live longer now than those around 100 years ago

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 8:03am
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

💉💉

To use a generality and put it all down to performance enhancing drugs is pure bullsh*t. I suppose that’s why we live longer now than those around 100 years ago

I would say drugs are exactly the reason we are living longer 100 years ago. Between immunisation and antibiotics have stopped a lot of the things 100 years ago that would of killed us  

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 8:14am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

💉💉

I would say drugs are exactly the reason we are living longer 100 years ago. Between immunisation and antibiotics have stopped a lot of the things 100 years ago that would of killed us  

Immunization and antibiotics taken for illness are not performance enhancing drugs 

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 8:41am
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

💉💉

Berlin is probably the fastest sprint track in the world. 

Very possible.
Usain Bolt broke the 100m world record while I was in attendance

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 9:17am
Cliff knows his cheese Thumbs Up

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 9:39am

💉💉
Maybe Guardiola trained them !

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 9:43am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

💉💉
Maybe Guardiola trained them !

LOL

-------------

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 9:58am
Congrats to good old Mo Farah on winning the Chicago marathon in a time that is the best time ever run by a European. And all of this at the age of 35 : A fantastic achievement. He'll surely win BBC Sports Personality of the year. 

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Congrats to good old Mo Farah on winning the Chicago marathon in a time that is the best time ever run by a European
I'm sorry, what ?

Is there a Mogadishu in Sarf Lahndan ?

-------------

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Congrats to good old Mo Farah on winning the Chicago marathon in a time that is the best time ever run by a European
I'm sorry, what ?

Is there a Mogadishu in Sarf Lahndan ?

The BBC website said it was a European record and Mo is great so who am I to disagree with that.

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 11:01am
Uncle Tom ****.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Flanno7hi
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 12:19pm

Congrats to good old Mo Farah on winning the Chicago marathon in a time that is the best time ever run by a European. And all of this at the age of 35 : A fantastic achievement. He'll surely win BBC Sports Personality of the year. 

They'd be worried he'd miss his taxi because he can't hear his doorbell.

-------------
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

They'd be worried he'd miss his taxi because he can't hear his doorbell.

f**king forgot about that beauty LOL

Aye sure thing Mo 

There'll be a day in the future when he's mentioned merely  as a Somalian runner 

-------------

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 12:26pm
No hope, DI. He will be made Sir Mo by the Tories for his work for the big society.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

No hope, DI. He will be made Sir Mo by the Tories for his work for the big society.

Already is Sir Mo

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net