Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=5275
Printed Date: 15 May 2024 at 7:58pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Unemployment
Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Subject: Unemployment
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 5:14pm
Right lads this no job while going to college thing is killing me slowely. I am skint and it is hindering my weekends. Anybody know of anywhere that is looking for people part time in the south dublin or city centre areas??? I have thrown about 25-30 CV's around the place in the last two weeks, but have had no call backs  AngryAngryAngryAngryAngry. Im pretty desprete and will work most places, except fast food and in bars.

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Replies:
Posted By: The Count
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 5:20pm
petrol stations zizu? metro papers?

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 5:27pm

petrol station wouldn b ideal, because would have to work late. Looking for something in retail

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 5:57pm
used to work in petrol station through college....latest was 12 midnight i had to work...which is now. handy number in fairness and loads of free cusine de france doughnutsThumbs%20Up

-------------

Posted By: Terry Bollea
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 9:57pm
Country really has gone to sh*t. Threads like this just help it hit home that bit harder.

-------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDDfoTdmG94&feature=PlayList&p=F8D10A025010B274&playnext=1&index=6

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 5:26am
Yeah its not cool. Without trying to sound racist, there are way to many forigners working in middle to low end jobs. That makes it much harder 4 some1 like me to find part timr work

-------------

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 6:47am
Bet smartly on football and you can earn a few quid for the weekend, just don't get too greedy.

I got paid today for the first time in 6 weeks. Such a relieve plus got 400 more than I usually get as my pay has increased due to the way I managed me benefits at the start of the year. Plus in Feb I will have additional 480 in expenses and March is my pay review. Things are looking up once I don't have a bad injury as my VHI is basic now!

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 7:04am
My advice - Stay in college. Get a masters, degree whatever. Terrible time to go jobhunting but at least you're in college Zizu. Others are in a much worse situ. 

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 7:09am
Yeah if you are in college stick it through. If you have a job do everything you can to hold onto it. I was going to force a redundancy because my job has changed but that would have just been a quick fix. Me money isn't actually that bad now, getting back on top of debts and big summer planned so need me job to save Thumbs%20Up

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 7:09am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Bet smartly on football and you can earn a few quid for the weekend, just don't get too greedy.

I got paid today for the first time in 6 weeks. Such a relieve plus got 400 more than I usually get as my pay has increased due to the way I managed me benefits at the start of the year. Plus in Feb I will have additional 480 in expenses and March is my pay review. Things are looking up once I don't have a bad injury as my VHI is basic now!

kick him when he's down Andy..

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Posted By: gouldinho
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 7:48am
When i started signing on, the que was a couple of minutes, the last time i went down it was 30 minutes and it was normal people in it not just pissheads and junkballs. The cue in the claims area is about an hour long. Im trying to get into FAS to do Auto CAD but the backlog for any FAS courses is crazy. The worst thing is if i got a job i will go to the back of the que again.

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 7:50am
Gouldy just curious have you been actively trying to look? Are you looking for a certain type of job?

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Honey Monster
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 7:51am

Problem with even staying in college is that there are fook all part time jobs. Better off leaving the country and getting a job on a beach in Oz Zizu Thumbs%20Up

-------------

Posted By: Honey Monster
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 7:52am
Originally posted by McGoldrick2284 McGoldrick2284 wrote:

Gouldy just curious have you been actively trying to look? Are you looking for a certain type of job?

If he likes chocolate, can you not just sort him out with a job?

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 7:54am

Mainly retail and customer service type stuff. If i had a second language i would walk into a job. My mate from my old job is fecking off to Australia in a few weeks, i might ask the gaffer can he take me back for a few months but i hear they have been cutting peoples hours.

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 7:55am
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

5-6 months ago yes. Now? Not a bleedin hope!

Sorry Gouldy LOL

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 8:00am

Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

[QUOTE=McGoldrick2284]Gouldy just curious have you been actively trying to look? Are you looking for a certain type of job?

can ye just sort me out with a few choccies please?

college is sh*t I thought, went during the day and then at night aswell while I worked...pain in the ho*e and full of pri*ks.

better off saving a few quid for a ticket to Auz while you are young and just head off!  doles queues and no jobs will still be waiting for you when you get back.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 8:08am
Im just counting down the days for Gouldys life insurance bonanza in 12 months, All i have to do is stay alive and im sorted Thumbs%20Up

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 8:08am
No chance im leaving college, cos im half way through my degree. It just sucks balls that i wont be able to go out for a while due to lack of funds. Its gay cos loads of my mates are signing on, and to me its like there getting money for no reason (obviously just beeing bitter, no offence gouldy) and there all out on the lash all the time.

Also in order to pull in this country you need money

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 8:09am
Russian hookers are pretty cheap Thumbs%20Up

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 8:10am
AUS is in the bad times aswell lads, know about 5 or lads over there and cant get work, these lads have degrees an experience and cant even find bar work...so wouldnt be depending on oz..whole world is in the shiiit...

Dont gamble,(even though I won, 130 on saturday night in one) slippery slope...keep the head down in college, get that bit of paper, and then worry about getting a job..

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 8:15am
And always use a condom. If you knock some bird up your fecked.

Posted By: The_Yank
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 10:42am
Knock on wood I don't get the sack... but I mentioned to my supervisor that if I do, hopefully it is right before a trip to see an away match.  That way I don't have to fly back to the States if I don't want too.

-------------
UCD Physios ...We feel you up when you're feeling down

Posted By: Justice Shark
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 11:28am
Sign on de dole yrself. Just say u were abroad for two yrs n now ur back actively lookin for work. Fook them just dont mention college.

-------------
Mickey Mouse Ya Bleedin' Bollox

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 12:26pm
nah everything is means tested at the moment. Its really hard to actually get on the dole

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 12:33pm
There are ways ard everthing zizu!

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Justice Shark Justice Shark wrote:

There are ways ard everthing zizu!

Yeah i suppose there is!!! Ah but with the country f**ked and all, scamming the government is unpatriotic. Nope zizu will earn his money honestly.... although that wont be for a few months Ouch

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 1:10pm
well said zizu......dont be a cheat like the scum of this nation Angry

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 4:25pm
People who go to college should get assistance from govt. They are studyin not working so how is that cheating. In england they get loans frm govt

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 4:56pm
isn't there some sort of grant you can qualify for?

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 5:52pm
my place should be hiring as a few people leaving+ I get a €500 bonus if you last 6 months. then again I got suspended last week so they may tell anyone I pass on to f**k off.

pm me. And I'll have a chat with the manager, and prob best if one of the other lads in recommended you.

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 5:57pm
Yeh but very strict means test on that andy. Considerin fees are set to hit 1,5oo euro this yr as well id say a lot of people wont be able to go anymore

-------------

Posted By: The Boy Z
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

isn't there some sort of grant you can qualify for?

it depends on the income of your parents...

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 7:30pm
My Da's a teacher, that disqualifies me straight away for a grant, regardless what he makes cos he is a civil servent. I actually know a lad who is in college, and his Da makes more than mine, but he is eligable for a grantAngry. Double standards is the problem with this government.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net