Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=52652
Printed Date: 24 Apr 2024 at 9:08am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Web Summit
Posted By: bhob
Subject: Web Summit
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 10:06am
Government saying they did everything they could in order to keep it here in Dublin, which is complete and utter bullsh*t. Estimated it brought in €100 million to the Irish economy last year. It's it a grand aul time when the Irish Government can afford to lose something like the Web Summit 

Replies:
Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 10:31am
Did you read the exchange of emails ?
Dept of the Taoiseach couldn't have done much less,these clowns have wasted a huge opportunity over a few issues that should have been solved if they bothered their bollix.

I get the feeling they didnt think the web summit would actually leave Dublin until it was too late.

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 10:35am

Or else they decided yer man Paddy Cosgrave was just too much of a total w*nkbag to be dealing with.

It's definitely a loss to the city though as it's grown substantially over the last few years. It'll be interesting to see how it gets on in Lisbon.

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Or else they decided yer man Paddy Cosgrave was just too much of a total w*nkbag to be dealing with.

It's definitely a loss to the city though as it's grown substantially over the last few years. It'll be interesting to see how it gets on in Lisbon.

Regardless of him being a w**ker or not it just shows how bad some of those in Government are in doing their job. Surely they could have put forth a minimal amount of effort and Web Summit would have been happy. The fact they hadn't got traffic plans or even plans for something as simple as wifi is just dumbfounding.

Lisbon are absolutely delighted to have it over there and it is something which will probably never return to the Irish shores 

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Regardless of him being a w**ker or not it just shows how bad some of those in Government are in doing their job. Surely they could have put forth a minimal amount of effort and Web Summit would have been happy. The fact they hadn't got traffic plans or even plans for something as simple as wifi is just dumbfounding.

Lisbon are absolutely delighted to have it over there and it is something which will probably never return to the Irish shores 

Cosgrove could be the biggest w**ker ever but they have f**ked up a huge showcase for the country and the loss of revenue to the economy.

It was minimal effort to get those few things sorted and they werent bothered.

They fobbed him off until it was too late.They didnt want to know but would be the first ones down to the summit to get their heads in every photo opportunity and a bit of good old back slapping.

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 12:17pm
Just had a read through the email correspondence there. Government come across very poorly alright. Typical 'can't be arsed' attitude.

Posted By: roverstillidie
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 12:57pm

I don't think its that simple. Shutting down the quays for a private event for a week isn't a 'minimal amount of work'. Has any other event in the Conference Centre asked for this? Why would the state be providing wifi?

While the emails, or Cosgraves spin on it look bad, there is a fine line between supporting an event like this and bending over backwards and being played against other cities.

-------------
He is Karl Pilkington in the LOI section and Karl Marx outwith it

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

I don't think its that simple. Shutting down the quays for a private event for a week isn't a 'minimal amount of work'. Has any other event in the Conference Centre asked for this? Why would the state be providing wifi?

While the emails, or Cosgraves spin on it look bad, there is a fine line between supporting an event like this and bending over backwards and being played against other cities.

I think everything you've said is completely ridiculous.

No one has asked for the quays to be shut down, especially for a week. They asked for a traffic management plan as in previous years traffic around the event got so bad that the Gardai were called in to handle it and Web Summit were stuck with the bill.

They're also not asking the state to "provide" wifi, they're simply asking them to address the connectivity issues surrounding the event, something which every other city has provided a plan for.

No one is expecting the Government to bend over backwards for them, far from it. But after 4 weeks of emails you'd at least expect the Government to come up with something better than a plan to make a plan and that was given to them the day before Web Summit had made their deadline, ffs it's ridiculous. 

They'll be in Lisbon for the next 3 years now I think so that's a minimal loss of around €300 million to the economy. All Web Summit wanted were 4 issues to be addressed, traffic planning, addition buses + darts, connectivity & hotels. Surely to god someone could have addressed these issues and alleviated their growing concerns and we'd have kept them here plus all the money they make for the Country. 

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 1:48pm
They did ask for the quays to be shut down. There are events every day in the CC, how come there is no problem with other events? If the Wifi in the Convention Centre or RDS is sub par, talk to the venues, its not a government issue. They heavily funded this event, but they aren't the organisers and cannot credibly be expected to iron out every glitch for them. That said the emails make grim reading, but the reality is Dublin hosts dozens of these events without any issues every year. There are issues on the WS side too.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 2:07pm
Or put another way, when the government say to an event organiser 'anything we can do to help', I don't think they were expecting a request to fix the broadband in the private venue.

-------------

Posted By: gufct
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 2:12pm
watched your man on the news yesterday he was talking absolute bullsh*t it was always about money he should have just come out and said it. A special Traffic plan ffs and special Rail ,Dart and Bus timetable plus €1m for improved wi fi in the rds who does he think he is fooling.

-------------
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 2:15pm
Aye, extra buses and free leap cards for all the attendants at the web summit, plus loads of extra Gardai to implement the traffic plans, plus road closures around the RDS..... he might not have been asking for money but he was asking for a load of free stuff.

-------------

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 2:32pm
I get the impression that if the government had spent millions on ensuring this was in Dublin, the same people giving out now, would be giving out that the government wasted millions.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: gufct
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I get the impression that if the government had spent millions on ensuring this was in Dublin, the same people giving out now, would be giving out that the government wasted millions.

Nail on the head we have turned into the biggest moaners in the world where clowns like Dunphy and George Hook are treated like gods..

-------------
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 3:01pm

Absolutely shocking Barnet on yer man. 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: erimus
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 3:03pm
first ive ever heard about this thing

-------------
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 3:04pm

Ah come on - Dunphy and Hook are treated like clowns in fairness. I am sure that they are both fully aware that their participation on panels is purely for comic relief purposes.

Also, I don't know what all this 'turned into' stuff is about by the way - the Irish have always been known to enjoy a good moan.

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 3:38pm
What they request and what they get are two massively different kettles of fish.

The fact of the matter is the government have handled this in an absolute terrible manor and are now trying to cover themselves by saying well they wanted xyz which is just ridiculous request.

Sometimes you need to invest a little in order to make something like this happen or continue to happen. Our government will happily allow other massive companies like Google and Facebook operate in Dublin and pay absolutely f**k all in tax while they continuously employ people from outside of Ireland to work for them but they won't sit down and discuss a few issues for a 3 day conference.

People are saying sure other conferences go on around Dublin all the time without needing the stuff requested, i somehow don't think these conferences host around 22,000 people from over 110 countries.

Why did the government set up an independent committee for the Garth Brooks concerts but they can't do anything in order to retain €100 million a year in revenue.   

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 3:47pm

What they request and what they get are two massively different kettles of fish.

The fact of the matter is the government have handled this in an absolute terrible manor and are now trying to cover themselves by saying well they wanted xyz which is just ridiculous request.

Sometimes you need to invest a little in order to make something like this happen or continue to happen. Our government will happily allow other massive companies like Google and Facebook operate in Dublin and pay absolutely f**k all in tax while they continuously employ people from outside of Ireland to work for them but they won't sit down and discuss a few issues for a 3 day conference.

People are saying sure other conferences go on around Dublin all the time without needing the stuff requested, i somehow don't think these conferences host around 22,000 people from over 110 countries.

Why did the government set up an independent committee for the Garth Brooks concerts but they can't do anything in order to retain €100 million a year in revenue.   

US multinationals pay around €6billion in Corporation Tax. Any loopholes which allow them to redirect their liabilities is due problems in the U.S not here.
As for the employing people outside of Ireland, so what? They pay taxes here, shouldn't matter where they are from.

From reading the requests yesterday online I thought myself they were a bit excessive in fairness.

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 4:34pm

You have been trying to paint this as a reasonable series of requests were ignored by government. That is clearly not the case.

I haven't seen anyone defend the government and their handling of it, but where we differ is I see two sides being eejits here.

They did discuss the issues. The problem is that the conference organisers didn't get what they wanted from them.

I work near the conference centre and there are regularly events of that sort of size. They chose to host in two venues about 4 miles apart and then assumed the cops would close off streets so that people can be shuttled between point a and point b. That was never, ever going to happen.

They did loads. They could probably have done more, but there was no way they were sinking a million into broadband for the RDS or give 22,000 people free prepaid leap cards.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 4:48pm
And you say you've read the emails yet you continue the line of the Government did loads LOL

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 5:03pm

They handed over €700,000 to a private event and various other assistance was given. You are making out like they wilfully blocked the event. There would be uproar if they dropped a million of taxpayers money into the wifi system in the RDS. That is not the role of state.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 6:10pm
€700,000 over 3 years is a fair enough price for an event that yielded €100m return for the economy last year in my opinion

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 6:21pm
Where's this €100m coming from? That sounds like propaganda to me.

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Where's this €100m coming from? That sounds like propaganda to me.

Yeah,I thought the estimated figures were closer to €40m .

Posted By: Bitored
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 7:20pm
These things always have a shelf life and chances are some other city were always going to lure then away.
I was up in Belfast recently at the waterfront and it's an amazing facility specifically built to host large international conferences. They are also building their own Hollywood up there at the minute. That's the kind of stuff Dublin is up against.

-------------
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 8:11pm
Maybe,

But Dublin doesn't have a problem with sectarian hate filled marches that happen every second day or so...

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Maybe,

But Dublin doesn't have a problem with sectarian hate filled marches that happen every second day or so...

Every city has its share of scumbags. Out of both cities, Belfast is much nicer than Dublin. It's actually possible to drive through Belfast while it's impossible to do so in Dublin city.
Which is better wasn't my point, my point is Dublin has serious rivals when it comes to these sorts of conferences.

-------------
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Maybe,

Every city has its share of scumbags. Out of both cities, Belfast is much nicer than Dublin. It's actually possible to drive through Belfast while it's impossible to do so in Dublin city.
Which is better wasn't my point, my point is Dublin has serious rivals when it comes to these sorts of conferences.
LOL Bollox it is.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: tony grealish
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 10:39pm

Maybe,

LOL LOL LOL

That's hilarious chief - you should take that show on the road.LOL

-------------
''I've had a rough night and I hate the f**kin eagles, man!!''

Date Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 1:30pm
Good piece in the business pages of the Times on Saturday. Basically what I was saying, the state doesn't come out of this well but overall the WS people are a nightmare to deal with and have ever increasing demands that were well past what the state should be involving itself in. Also it is not in the top 10 conference events by numbers, never mind sporting or music events.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 4:23pm
They do look very, very precious with all the emails, and mealy mouthed too, saying they aren't asking for cash, but not appreciating that they are really asking for a load of free stuff, without being prepared to pay for any of it. Hundreds of Gardai, road closures, extra buses and free leap cards can't be paid for with magic beans. Also, in a number of instances, they aren't even Department of the Taoiseach issues, but local authority issues, or Dublin Bus issues, and there's no clue he even bothered to contact them. Now, maybe the DotT could have made it work, but they weren't asking for nothing, they were asking for quite a lot.

Also, it doesn't take a hell of a lot to organise road closures and extra Gardai, and throwing the toys out of the pram over a year in advance is a bit much as well. We'll see how this year goes, anyway.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Also, it doesn't take a hell of a lot to organise road closures and extra Gardai, and throwing the toys out of the pram over a year in advance is a bit much as well.

Yeah - was thinking that was a bit odd myself. As stated previously though yer man is meant to be a right d*ckwad.

Date Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

They do look very, very precious with all the emails, and mealy mouthed too, saying they aren't asking for cash, but not appreciating that they are really asking for a load of free stuff, without being prepared to pay for any of it. Hundreds of Gardai, road closures, extra buses and free leap cards can't be paid for with magic beans. Also, in a number of instances, they aren't even Department of the Taoiseach issues, but local authority issues, or Dublin Bus issues, and there's no clue he even bothered to contact them. Now, maybe the DotT could have made it work, but they weren't asking for nothing, they were asking for quite a lot.

Also, it doesn't take a hell of a lot to organise road closures and extra Gardai, and throwing the toys out of the pram over a year in advance is a bit much as well. We'll see how this year goes, anyway.
Bear in mind sports organisations and concert promoters pay per Garda. So he was asking for something the rest get charged for apparently for nowt.

-------------

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 11:16am
haven't followed this bar reading the headlines. 

Ever checked the price of these tickets? And it sells out. They make a fortune from it.

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 11:25am
And best of luck to them.

There is an interesting side discussion to be had here about

1: what role the state has in facilitating - how far should they go and how much should they throw in

2: Why Dublin has so many venues that can handle up to 12,000 with ease (CC, RDS, Point, Croker, LR, Citi West) but none that can handle the 20,000 plus that the really big conventions attract. Would it have made more sense to build the Convention Centre in Saggart or Blanch and done it Expo size rather then join an already crowded market.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by tony grealish tony grealish wrote:

Maybe,

LOL LOL LOL

Fair enough lads you all have your opinions. All I know is if I get off the train in Dublin the first thing I'll see are junkies in doorways.
You can actually drive in Belfast while because of various hair brained schemes in Dublin you can't.
I find the people very nice. As an example I got lost completely my own fault so I decided I'd park the car up and get a taxi. I askeda passer by for a taxi number and not only did he call him for me off his own phone but because it was too difficult to describe where the car park he gave me a lift to where a taxi could pick me up. Belfast -Dublins nicer and better off relation

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 3:09pm
Today the promoter complained Enda snubbed an invite and didn't show up.

The invite was emailed to him the day before. The guy is on la la land  - its disrespectful to the office if nothing else.

-------------

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 10:12am
The cheapest ticket to this yoke is €1,195!!!

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: heighway2heaven
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 10:42am
And 40,000 people there at it today? Wow! Shocked

-------------
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif

Posted By: heighway2heaven
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 10:44am
2.7k for a 'premium' pass and over 5k for a 'platinum'!

-------------
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 4:50pm
The quotes attributed to Paddy Cosgrave in the Times today, don't really do much to suggest the government were at fault, I'm sure there is a bit on both sides.

But he clearly admits that the move to Lisbon was really down to the size of the event doubling each year so it had outgrown the RDS. 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 4:59pm
€20 being charged for lunches like this

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 5:02pm
FFS, that's scandalous. With the price of the tickets already what they are, they must be making a fortune. It's hard to have any sympathy with Cosgrave.

-------------

Posted By: sid waddell
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 6:00pm
I've had no time or sympathy for Cosgrave ever since first seeing his arrogant, slimey, gimpy face for the first time when he was President of the Philosphical Society at Dublin University. 

Charging 1200 quid to go on a pub crawl is basically what the Web Summit is. 

Good fooking riddance. 

-------------
Edited by Trigboy 10 at 10:03pm

Posted By: kimbap
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 6:16pm

Originally posted by tony grealish tony grealish wrote:

Maybe,

LOL LOL LOL

Fair enough lads you all have your opinions. All I know is if I get off the train in Dublin the first thing I'll see are junkies in doorways.
You can actually drive in Belfast while because of various hair brained schemes in Dublin you can't.
I find the people very nice. As an example I got lost completely my own fault so I decided I'd park the car up and get a taxi. I askeda passer by for a taxi number and not only did he call him for me off his own phone but because it was too difficult to describe where the car park he gave me a lift to where a taxi could pick me up. Belfast -Dublins nicer and better off relation

Dublin is a sh1thole no doubt,but if you were in the same situation in Dublin you wouldnt have to call a cab,you could just stick out your arm and 3 would pull up.

I was in Belfast for the 1st time last month.I couldn't believe that you had to call a cab or go to a taxi office.Like down south 20 years ago.

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 6:18pm
The Web Summit would appear to be the biggest con in the country

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Ah you'd get that back in the lucky bag on the way in!

Posted By: kimbap
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 6:27pm

That is mental.

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

That is mental.

I don't think it's aimed at Joe soap on the street though. It's mostly for businesses. So if a company goes to it and ends up finding a cost saving computer system or makes contacts at it that they wouldn't have made otherwise, a couple of grand for a ticket could be extremely cheap.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 10:20pm
They make an absolute fortune and don't even run it well which is mental.

#foodgate is gas, it was €20 to get into the Food Summit but you got something to eat accompanying it, needless to say the accompanying food was a small small portion. Shocking carry on from web summit considering the food was free last year.

Again major wifi issues this year i believe 

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 10:08am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

I've had no time or sympathy for Cosgrave ever since first seeing his arrogant, slimey, gimpy face for the first time when he was President of the Philosphical Society at Dublin University. 

Charging 1200 quid to go on a pub crawl is basically what the Web Summit is. 

Good fooking riddance. 
Best of luck to him. That's what most of these conferences are. However most of these conferences don't expect 10,000 free leap cards, bus and DART times amended for them, a corridor from the IFSC through the tech area past the government and embassy belt and the Taoiseach to fix their wifi.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 10:26am
http://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/never-mind-the-web-summit-peripherals-feel-the-content-1.2416029" rel="nofollow - http://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/never-mind-the-web-summit-peripherals-feel-the-content-1.2416029

Jaysus between that and Sharon absolutely grilling the bollox off yer man on 6.1 last night they really don't seem to have much sympathy from the media anyway.

Foodgate or whatever they're calling it was a huge f*ck up considering they were moaning about excessive hotel prices in the lead up.

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 10:48am

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/never-mind-the-web-summit-peripherals-feel-the-content-1.2416029" rel="nofollow - http://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/never-mind-the-web-summit-peripherals-feel-the-content-1.2416029

Jaysus between that and Sharon absolutely grilling the bollox off yer man on 6.1 last night they really don't seem to have much sympathy from the media anyway.

Foodgate or whatever they're calling it was a huge f*ck up considering they were moaning about excessive hotel prices in the lead up.
I thought it was an extremely professional interview from Sharon. 

The reaction has been hilarious . The Web Summit nerds are outraged that that gimp was actually questioned and not soft-soaped like they wanted. 

They're happy to be interviewed as long as it's for a powder puff PR piece. 

But question them and they go mental. 

No wonder that chicken Cosgrave chickened out of the interview at the last minute. What a chicken. 

The nerds really don't like it up 'em. 

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 1:23pm

They started out with a massive amount of sympathy. Then they started talking and the media clocked him for what he is.

She is dead right that emailing a head of government on Friday after office hours with an RSVP for Sunday for an event is actually offensive. We are beyond arrogant.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 1:35pm

Yeah don't get me wrong I'm no fan of Cosgrove and his pal. I'm not much of a fan of the government either but in this instance I don't really think (apart from an email exchange which they could have handled a little better) they've much of a case to answer for. Cosgrove tried to milk the sh*t out of them (and therefore the taxpayer) just like he is milking the sh*t out of all the attendees at his Summit.

Having said that, I don't have much time for Kay Burley style interviews which are more akin to interrogations with constant interrupting of the interviewee either. No-one has come out of this whole escapade looking well. Pettiness on all sides really.

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 2:19pm
Well, yes, Sharon did interrupt him a few times, but in most instances he had either finished answering the question asked and had moved on to try and blow his own trumpet, or else hadn't even answered the question properly in the first place.

It was a hard hitting interview that asked the questions that needed to be asked, the ones that questioners at the tittywank in the morning with Paddy Cosgrave hadn't asked. Long and short of it, they come out of it looking like chancers who want loads of sh*t for free, including a load of sh*t the Taoiseach has little enough control over (like hotel prices). I guarantee you if the Web Summit had stayed in Dublin next year, it would still have made him a fortune, free leap cards or not. As it is, he's now been offered a whack of cash up front by Lisbon and has decided to piss off.... and off he can piss. Best of luck to him, but big business can't hold the Government to ransom just because they bring a bit of cash into the economy.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 2:57pm
I'm hearing that the road from the RDS to the city centre has been closed for the rest of the day in order to ensure safe transport of Paddy Cosgrave's ego. 

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2015 at 10:15pm
Paddy Cosgrave and his ego have pulled out of their Late Late Show appearance.

Perhaps even Paddy can no longer believe his own bullsh*t.

I hope Sharon Ni Bheolain steps in as a guest in his absence.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2015 at 8:46am
Probably at home counting all the money he managed to swindle from people over the last 3 days.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2015 at 1:20pm
this event is actually mainly for posers who are happy to part with over 1000 euro for a ticket so they can say they were there. It actually exploits small businesses. 

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2015 at 1:41pm
How does it exploit them, they don't have to buy a ticket. 

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2015 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

http://tech.eu/features/6203/no-web-summit-for-me/" rel="nofollow - http://tech.eu/features/6203/no-web-summit-for-me/

-------------

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2015 at 2:02pm
http://tech.eu/features/6244/web-summit-scam-well-ask/" rel="nofollow - http://tech.eu/features/6244/web-summit-scam-well-ask/

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2015 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

http://tech.eu/features/6203/no-web-summit-for-me/" rel="nofollow - http://tech.eu/features/6203/no-web-summit-for-me/

Thats mad. It nearly makes it sound like a massive pyramid scheme.

I'm fully convinced its not all its cracked up to be.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2015 at 4:11pm

They don't have to buy a ticket.

The point is Paddy spams start-ups making great promises about the benefits that will accrue to them from being there, which is all bullsh*t. 

Paddy doesn't care about helping start-up enterprises. He cares about bringing €€€ for himself. He exploits people through his persuasiveness and charisma. They way most con artists do.

Now making grand promises to people in the way he does, and failing to back it up is not against the law or anything, but he paints himself an altruist, when in reality, he's a rapacious, exploitative capitalist and nothing else. 

He paints himself as anti-establishment when in reality he's the epitome of the establishment.

Any small bit of digging will tell you that. 

There's a long list of people who say they'll never work with him again. 

There are good reasons for that.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net