Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=52307
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 2:55pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Best/worst pundits
Posted By: DavidMan
Subject: Best/worst pundits
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 10:27pm
My favourite is Gary Neville and my least being mark lawrenson.

-------------
We March On

Replies:
Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 10:32pm
Michael Owen.  I will let you guess which category he fits into.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 10:34pm
Hamann
Souness (When he was on RTE)

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 11:00pm
Best, in rough order.

Kerr
Souness
Hamann
Neville
Sutton
Strachan
Lennon
Damien Richardson
Marcotti
Horncastle
Jim 'greasy surface' Beglin
Kenny Cunningham's eyebrows

Worst
Michael Owen
Gerry Armstrong
Jamie Redknapp
Alan Shearer
Mark Lawrenson
Kenny Cunningham
Andy Townsend
Mark Bright
Stuey Byrne
Leroy Rosenior
Stevie Claridge (although I still like him for some reason)
Charlie Nicholas
Paul Marson
Phil Thompson
Guilleme Balague
Ray Wilkins
Thierry Henry
Richie Sadlier
Pat 'everyone thinks I am clever because I have a decent taste in music, but I am really, really not' Nevin
Michael Owen (deserves a second mention)
Colm O ' Rourke ( not a 'soccer' pundit, he talks about it more than his own game)
Les Ferdinand
I could be hear all day

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: DavidMan
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 11:05pm
Majority of MOTD pundits are poor

-------------
We March On

Posted By: dotts101
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 12:19am
Neville and lee dixon i think are the best at the moment

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 12:21am
Ian Wright has been robbing a living as a pundit. The man can't even speak properly.

I hate that trendy bar theme BBC use for their football studios.
Dress code: Smart Casual (trendy shirt and tight trousers. No jeans or trainers allowed)
Interaction: Informal (use nicknames and sh*te banter that isn't remotely funny)
Posture: Informal. Hooking your arm around the back of the sofa-optional.

-------------

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 12:23am
Best is Brian Kerr...His accent annoys me but he knows what he is talking about. I like Hamann and Souness...Sadlier is growing on me slightly but I'll probably hate him again soon. Gary Neville is alright, the rest on British tele are poor

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 12:27am
How did I forget Ian 'Wrighty' Wright, the anti- Michael Owen, which should mean he isn't sh*t, but he is. It just means he is boring in the opposite way;brash, full of 'bantz' and as excitable as a puppy in a sock drawer. The c*nt's c*nt.

Lee Dixon is a very decent pundit actually, not an entertainer, he is no Kerr, but a good reader of the game. Probably why his career was of a higher level than his ability, .

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 12:35am
Worst;

Michael Owen
Robbie Savage
Charlie Nicholas
Paul Merson
Danny Murphy
Phil Neville
Iain Dowie
Everyone on that Channel 5 Football League show. They make Michael Owen look like Gary Neville and it's with a studio audience and that deserves a minus mark itself.

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 12:35am
Andy Gray was the worst pundit I've seen and Keys was the worst presenter I've ever seen in any country in the world and in any sport.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 12:40am
Iain Dowie makes me laugh, largely because he looks and sounds like a deformed Max Branning

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 12:41am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Iain Dowie makes me laugh, largely because he looks and sounds like a deformed Max Branning

He's like the love child of Max Branning and Homer Simpson LOL

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 1:34am
There is a horrible trend now of just getting in former great players and throwing them in as pundits, whilst ignoring the good pundits. Sky are awful for it. Recently with Thierry Henry (who just comes across as a bit of a weirdo) and also with their cricket and Golf coverage. For their cricket coverage it seems like the only criteria for doing test matches is being a former England captain.

It's only going to get worse too. The likes of Gerrard and Rooney will probably end up getting jobs when they retire. Gerrard already has a gig with BT.

A special mention for Cannavaro on ITV. Now that was awkward.

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 1:35am
Originally posted by dotts101 dotts101 wrote:

Neville and lee dixon i think are the best at the moment

Lee Dixon does co-commentary on NBC now. He was terribly underappreciated at the BBC.

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 2:16am
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

There is a horrible trend now of just getting in former great players and throwing them in as pundits, whilst ignoring the good pundits. Sky are awful for it. Recently with Thierry Henry (who just comes across as a bit of a weirdo) and also with their cricket and Golf coverage. For their cricket coverage it seems like the only criteria for doing test matches is being a former England captain.

It's only going to get worse too. The likes of Gerrard and Rooney will probably end up getting jobs when they retire. Gerrard already has a gig with BT.

A special mention for Cannavaro on ITV. Now that was awkward.

I think Niall Quinn gets the award for this post. I think Graeme Souness wanted to actually physically punch him after the Chelsea vs City game.

Before the game "Terry is still at his peak"
Afterwards when he got subbed off "Hes passed it now"

You could see the rage in Souness at the amount of sh*te he was talking

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 5:44am
Claudio Cannigia   on ESPN +

He has great knowledge of the beautiful game

-------------

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 9:09am
Best - Sounness, Kerr, Strachan, Neville, Carragher, Lennon, Hamann

Worst - Redknapp, Henry, Gullit

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 9:10am
Have a listen to Gary Neville's interview with Graham Hunter. 

Really makes you realize how good he is and points out how stupid most of the rest are. Once you realise it you'll be forever realizing most of it is BS.

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 9:10am
I really loved David Pleat on ITV. He'd welcome you to the football game and you just know he'd be the perfect host at his tudor cottage type house with lashings of tea and Mr Kipling. Clive Tyldesley would open the commentary and discuss proceedings and you just knew it was coming after a minute so... Up pops Pleaty "Good evening everybody and welcome. A lovely night for football"

"There's Thierry Henry, exploding like the French train that he is"

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 10:10am
Clive Tyldesley - an irritating, racist ****. Tyldesley bingo was mildly entertaining though.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 10:25am
Is he actually a racist? Evidence?

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 10:33am

He stereotypes every single nationality in a way that a white little Englander can. Heasers from corners are 'British goals', South Koreans are always 'scampering ' and 'full of energy', Africans always 'bring lots of colour' with references to 'jungle drums' the Japanese are 'nippier' etc.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 10:34am

He stereotypes every single nationality in a way that a white little Englander can. Heasers from corners are 'British goals', South Koreans are always 'scampering ' and 'full of energy', Africans always 'bring lots of colour' with references to 'jungle drums' the Japanese are 'nippier' etc.

LOLLOL

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 10:51am
A quick google led to me finding my personal favourite on twitter;

Clive Tyldesley just described Chiriches as a fine advert for Romanian immigrant labour! A hark back to the days of acceptable casual racism

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 11:02am
"You only have to look at the composition of Ron's football teams to know he is not a practising racist," he said. "In a world where sticks and stones and worse are breaking the bones of black people, the careless utterances of a football pundit are not going to hurt anyone's life but his own."
his wonderful opinion of Ron Atkinson.

Also; "they are happy drunks, the Irish".

-------------

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 11:03am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I really loved David Pleat on ITV.

Good shout actually - he was decent. I always liked Jim Beglin for the Ireland matches as well although a lot of my mates didn't seem to agree.

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 11:20am
Apologies to Hornet and Baggio but no mention of him would be compleat without this clip

https://youtu.be/XyAUkaC6nsI" rel="nofollow - https://youtu.be/XyAUkaC6nsI

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 9:38am
Paul Merson on Man City signing Yaya Toure in 2010

Embedded image permalink

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 10:35am
Paul "The Magic man" Merson.

Brilliant footballer, likeable eejit pundit. 

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: athlonecelt
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 10:46am
Dunphy and Giles dont watch football anymore. Its obvious they haven't a clue of up to date form of players. 

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 1:23pm
Kilbane talks in clichés and repeats his points ad naseum. The same as he played, football by numbers.

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 7:48pm
While Gilesy is getting really old and doesn't see enough games he is still the master analyst. Kerr is a well of knowledge and his Dublinese unique, fook knows what the Brits would make if him but he's class. Neville easily the best English pundit. Honourable mentions to Lennon, Hamman, Sadlier and Dixon. The rest either mediocre, annoying or plain clueless.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 7:56pm
Best pundits?
Gary Neville and mnf probably best show for epl even if Erm Erm Jamie Erm Erm is with him

Last 2 seasons bt sport have used journos like Marcotti etc for Serie A and some if not most are usually bang on with their analysis of the games, 100 times better than some aging ex pro who once played a season at Pisa reserves and don't get me started on that fkn commentator they took from itv who only wants to talk about the epl or england during Serie A games ffs

-------------

Posted By: eire77
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

While Gilesy is getting really old and doesn't see enough games he is still the master analyst. Kerr is a well of knowledge and his Dublinese unique, fook knows what the Brits would make if him but he's class. Neville easily the best English pundit. Honourable mentions to Lennon, Hamman, Sadlier and Dixon. The rest either mediocre, annoying or plain clueless.
No way is Giles the master pundit. He is unaware that the game has evolved in the past twenty years.

-------------
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...

Posted By: eire77
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 10:01pm
Best:
Kerr, Dixon, Souness, Neville and Cunningham (massively under rated). Similar to another poster I'm still undecided on Sadlier - I used to hate him with a passion but not sure anymore.

The rest are either outdated (rte panel), spoofers (Wright, Redknapp etc.) or attention seekers (Dunphy).

-------------
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 10:14pm
No mention of Hargreaves on anyone's list. Personally think he is terrible when talking about the premier league. It so obvious he doesn't have a great understanding of it but get him talking about the Bundesliga and he's brilliantly insightful. His knowledge of it is first class.

he made a great documentary a few months ago about bayern. Well worth lookin it up as delves into the club and how it ticks.

EDIT: here it is..."inside bayern munich with owen Hargreaves" it's called: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_gUMsRwCDtI" rel="nofollow - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_gUMsRwCDtI

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: Hans Moleman
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 12:53am
There are plenty of bad pundits floating around these days, but what amazes me is that the worst of the bunch at BBC, Shearer, is also their lead pundit. He is just awful. Same with Sky, Henry is very poor and robotic on tv, yet he is their lead pundit now. The mind boggles.

Kerr is the best analyst around. Brilliant insights and also has a sense of humour on tv. Brian Kerr Clap

-------------
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."

Date Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 3:11am

-------------
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."

Posted By: dundon13
Date Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 9:02am
Michael Owen is definitely the worst, when Felliani scored late against Club Brugge the other week Owen comes out with; "Put the ball into the box and he is mustard".

Date Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 11:48am
BT are taking the complete piss with two co commentators and Howard Webb. They had the hugely informative 'Sav' and the surprisingly decent fruitcake Glenda yesterday. Glenda was having a few insightful tactical moments while Lily came out with beauties like "if Arsenal don't win here , against ten men and all the ball, I feel I will have to question their title credentials. Sorry Arsenal fans'.
Not to mention Webb poring over ever foul 63 different angles to explain why a referee made the decision, or indeed made no decision at all.

-------------

Posted By: SteviesGranny
Date Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

My favourite Michael Owen quote isn't there

"What a strike!!, although it was going wide if it wasn't for the deflection"

Posted By: UCDFAN
Date Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 5:39pm
Worst: Ronnie Whelan Jnr

-------------
www.ucdsupporters.ie

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2015 at 9:10am
Ruud Gullit absymal

When asked what went wrong with Liverpool on saturday on MOTD he said they need a new stadium to be able to compete

Never says anything remotely interesting

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 10:35pm
Paul Merson LOL

Discussing all the club's new signings and trying to say all the club's who are in the bottom half of the table are there because they sign too many players, saying that after 4 games ffs LOL

Also he cannot pronounce anyones name to save his life and Chelsea have just signed a player called Papiss Mison Dijilobodji - Worth keeping an eye out on 

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 9:52am
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15205/9975608/transfer-deadline-day-a-club-by-club-guide-for-premier-league-comings-and-goings" rel="nofollow - http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15205/9975608/transfer-deadline-day-a-club-by-club-guide-for-premier-league-comings-and-goings

Villa, Arsenal and Bournemouth have had better transfer windows than City according to Einstein Merson 

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 10:30am
To be fair to Merson, there is absolutely no way he wrote that! His English is nowhere near that good

-------------

Posted By: heighway2heaven
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 10:43am
Tommy 'Smyth with a Y' Smyth. 

Arch-cúnt.

-------------
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15205/9975608/transfer-deadline-day-a-club-by-club-guide-for-premier-league-comings-and-goings" rel="nofollow - http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15205/9975608/transfer-deadline-day-a-club-by-club-guide-for-premier-league-comings-and-goings

Villa, Arsenal and Bournemouth have had better transfer windows than City according to Einstein Merson 

This would be the same Arsenal that were the only club in the top five leagues around Europe that did not sign a single outfield player during said window? Good man, Paul.

Posted By: Mulvanystrasse
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 3:48pm
Best - Arrigo Sacchi

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 11:08pm
Michael Owen's quotes.

This is profound.

He's given the referee no choice but to consider his options.

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 10:04pm
Owen Hargreaves is one hard listen for 90 long fkn minutes, aside from Jon Champion mentioning the epl and epl teams there about 150 times in a game not involving any epl side........  We then had Hargreaves telling us Messi was by far the best player on the pitch over and over and over as Messi repeatedly over hit his pass's, lost possession or just hit it out of play, best he cold muster for the clear MOTM Florenzi was some stupid joke 

BT have some decent pundits that do their Serie A coverage, if we're to suffer Jon "man utd/epl" Champion then have someone with some knowledge of at least one of the teams who isn't just reading from a puns handbook some clown must have gave Hargreaves before kick off 

-------------

Posted By: Butch
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 10:15pm
During the Arsenal game tonight -Ireland were unlucky not to qualify for the euros in 2000 on this ground after conceding a late goal (maksimir)
Ray houghton says yea it was Kenny Cunninghams fault haha

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 7:56pm
Now thankfully we don't have the epl loving Jon Champion and instead have a main commentator who knows about both teams, we have the complete muppet Andy Cole who only appears to know of Gervinho and and Alexander Hleb and as Hleb is on the bench then he's mentioned Gervinho any time he's opened his trap

Why for the love of beer can't they fkn just use the likes of Richard Hughes or someone who knows most European teams from his time with the channel

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 8:01pm
For the second goal there Cole enthused it took a deflection for 2 solid mins of replays when it was clear as anything there was no deflection

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 9:25pm
Talking about Roma fans as camera pans to two frustrated lads
Andy Cole "what they see is what we don't see and that's what makes football"

Now if anyone can understand that please enlighten me

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 9:30pm
I think Andy Cole is https://youtu.be/M9UHcRrCWlI" rel="nofollow - outstanding

-------------

Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 9:34pm

I think Andy Cole is https://youtu.be/M9UHcRrCWlI" rel="nofollow - outstanding

I miss the days when decent footballers had the obligatory awful music video.

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 10:43pm
My head still hasnt cleared after listening to Andy Cole for the best part of 2hrs 

Spent the whole game telling us Gervinho couldn't cross and that Roma where clearly missing their main player - yes that 39 year old who can barely run Francesco Totti tonight 

Another great from him, "thats unreal work from Gervinho, great play" pauses for few secs "thats a great save from the gk" he literally described Gervinho getting past 2 players and hitting a tame shot that had less power than most farts. Think he managed to speak more than the main commentator which as a "co commentator" with no idea about 19 of the players on show is something uniquely special imo 

-------------

Posted By: Mulvanystrasse
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 4:50pm
Kevin Kilbane doesn't know how Man Utd lost at PSV, at least he admits that he's incompetent.

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 5:46pm
How the hell did Andy Cole get himself onto commentary??? He was on Sky a few years ago and could barely string a sentence together. He was never seen again after that. He was genuinely the worst pundit I have ever seen on TV.

-------------
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 7:52pm
Some beautiful punditry there on RTE- "I know very little about Wolfsburg, but Man United should beat them on paper".
"Last time we saw Dante, he was losing 7-1 in a world cup semi final".
,"Arnold is a young fella" and Dunphy struggling with Memphis' names

-------------

Posted By: HuntysCousin
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 7:59pm
Giles on about how Schweinsteiger won't go past players,as if it was a crucial part of his role

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 8:22pm
Great to listen to Howard Webb explaining rules to us that everybody already knows.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 8:40pm
Ah jesus,how hard can it be to get Darmian right?

Date Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 9:12am
I actually enjoyed listening to Robbie Savage as a summariser during the City game last night Shocked

Posted By: kingofkings
Date Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 12:08pm
Used to like Beglin as a commentator but thought he was shocking last night

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2016 at 6:32pm
Paul Merson clearing up what Man Utd need this transfer window

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2016 at 7:50pm
Joey Barton on BBC 5 Live,he got 'for me' in 4 times inside the first minute

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 9:38pm
Gary Birtles jaysus fkn christ he is awful, so negative about everything and just sl*gs players off unless they hit a golazo with every touch

Edit not Goodman but Birtles, both fkn shocking anyway   

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 9:39pm
Yet another Michael Owen classic tonight. Needs his own thread.

"Liverpool are 2-0 up and this is a fantastic start from them" There's 42 minutes on the clock.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2016 at 9:24pm
Mark Lawrenson.

Complaining for simulation from the keeper as he dived to make a save LOL

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 11:49pm
Trevor Sinclair with two crackers.

"Tadic stays strong with a man up his backside" , followed by "good to see Gibson getting game time before he goes to the euros with Ireland".

-------------

Posted By: Guest
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 10:31pm
I think i'm going to stop watching MOTD from now on and watch the highlights on Setanta instead. I just cant stand Mary Poppins or Ian Wright anymore and watched it on mute last night.

Posted By: gazurtoids
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 10:36pm
Always like to see Didi Hamann on, he brings a calm assurance to the middle of the RTE panel

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by Guest Guest wrote:

I think i'm going to stop watching MOTD from now on and watch the highlights on Setanta instead. I just cant stand Mary Poppins or Ian Wright anymore and watched it on mute last night.

Both of them were brutal last night.Wright going on about his mother after the United bit Confused

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 10:55pm
Hartson, Kilbane, Jenus and Bright all better than those two smug f**kers. And they actually think they're witty and funny.

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Posted By: Andy_Eire
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 11:24pm
Don't think they've ever complemented an Irish player

Posted By: RKeane
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 2:42am
Worst by a country mile is Henry, I will switch over once he starts talking.

Best : Neville, Kerr, Keane, Souness even though he is a hun 

Worst in order : Henry, Wright, Owen, Shearer, Savage, Merson (talks some bollox), Redknapp.

Special mention for MOTD'S f**king horrible 'banter', looking forward to the days highlights then you remember you have to listen to their sh*t sl*ggings and look at their sh*t shirts

-------------
YESSSS! IT'S THERE

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 10:37am
For the last few years I've always recorded MOTD and then just fast-forwarded through the 'banter' and 'analysis' sections. Alan Shearer is not the sort of man who is to be listened to under any circumstances.

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 10:39am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

For the last few years I've always recorded MOTD and then just fast-forwarded through the 'banter' and 'analysis' sections. Alan Shearer is not the sort of man who is to be listened to under any circumstances.
+1
As well as the interviews with managers and players making the usual generic comments and cliches.

Date Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 9:27pm
Worst:

Ruud Gullit
David Ginola
Paul Ince

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 9:32pm
Wassup...twat.

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Date Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 10:44pm

Worst:

Ruud Gullit
David Ginola
Paul Ince

Gullit is a very interesting pundit at times.

Kevin Kilbane is by far the worst pundit going in the past 6 months or so. Every comment is the most boring of cliches. He makes Shearer look like a footballing genius

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 10:53pm
Ginola did a great interview a few years ago where he talked about the infamous 17 November 1993 game France v Bulgaria and how Houllier blamed him and how he brought him to court over it etc...

That Newcastle team of 1995-1996 was one of the most entertaining teams to ever play in England

-------------

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 7:44pm
Gerry Armstrong: "If you don't hit the target, there's no point in having a shot", after Griezmann missed a free kick.

A minute later, Falcao missed a penalty (hit it wide). By GerryLogic, Falcao would have been better passing.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 7:46pm
Gerry suffers from Stockholm Syndrome. 

-------------

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 8:01pm
Kerr with a beaut tonight...malogan...Souness loving it😎

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 5:34pm
Why do commentators say the flags up on the near side or on the far side? 

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

They normally say it when the flag has been raised up.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 6:06pm

They normally say it when the flag has been raised up.

Oh right, thanks for clearing that one up. I'm glad the specify the side though, otherwise we'd never know. 

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 6:08pm
Because it lets you know which half of the pitch it is in. I can't see how clarity is a bad thing from a commentator.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 6:13pm
But you're watching it on tv, you can clearly see which half it's in

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 6:16pm

Why bother with commentary at all then?

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 10:59pm
Stephen Warnock was pretty good on MOTD2 last night 

Don Hutchinson a decent pundit too

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 4:54pm

Judging by what I have seen of him on Quest and today on Final Score, we have the new Garth Crooks. Why does  every single pundit have to talk about football like they are talking about world hunger? It's supposed to be fun! Serious fun, but fun!

-------------

Posted By: TonyNotJack
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 2:28pm
Phil Brown on fighting talk this morning - " are Ireland leaving the EU with us or are they staying in?"

He got suitably sl*gged about it for the rest of the show. Big smile

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 10:58pm

He was dreadful on the EFL highlights again tonight, I hope he was pissed. The highlight was when he called Newport's FA Cup tie with Middlesbrough as 'eye-watering'. 

-------------

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 11:04pm

Because some people are blind and the commentary is invaluable to them 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 11:22pm

He was dreadful on the EFL highlights again tonight, I hope he was pissed. The highlight was when he called Newport's FA Cup tie with Middlesbrough as 'eye-watering'. 

Hutchinson or Warnock

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net