Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=52243
Printed Date: 24 Apr 2024 at 5:48pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Reeling In The Years
Posted By: irishmufc
Subject: Reeling In The Years
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 7:14pm
Have only seen threads on this in reference to certain years and not the actual program itself.

Watching the 93 one tonight. Never knew that In Your Eyes song was our Eurovision one.

RTE have plenty of faults (Fair City,The English Class,The Last Furlong,telly bingo hosted by a transvestite, Pat Kenny,Miriam etc etc) but this program certainly isn't one of them.

Apart from having the nostalgic look at the past that you experienced, the various songs from the particular year always suit the mood of an event from that year. Phil Collins In The Air Tonight from 81 when the hunger strikes footage appeared / that Bjork (I think it's her) song when there was a rebellion in Moscow in 93 (which was on tonight) completely enhances the importance of the event.

Whoever does the text to the events on the program is very good and the choice of the music to the particular event is excellent and spot on.

A fantastic piece of television which I could watch again and again.

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Replies:
Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 9:48pm
I think it is the one fella puts the majority of it together, John O'Regan is the chap's name, or at least, he is the main man, aided by whatever amount of researchers. Here's an interview with him in the IT from a few years ago explaining how tis put together. 

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/it-s-impossible-now-to-view-the-decade-past-without-regret-1.661839" rel="nofollow - http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/it-s-impossible-now-to-view-the-decade-past-without-regret-1.661839

He is a bit modest about his talents there though, I think his true genius is in selecting the music for the relevant footage. It also appears from those choices that Mr O'Regan has a bit of a wry sense of humour, which always helps. 

Using REM's 'Shiny Happy People' over footage of Ian Paisley roaring 'NO' to something or other always makes me laugh (not sure on the year, maybe '91),  The Wonderstuff's 'Size of a Cow' over footage of Larry Goodman & the Beef Tribunal is absolute comedy gold. How long did it take to find that one pretty obscure song, just to use in a clip of a few seconds ???  Coming up with stuff like that isn't easy, in fact half the time people don't even recognise the fact that the lyrics in the music clips are linked to the footage, that's how good these fellas are. 

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Posted By: Hans Moleman
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 10:09pm
Brilliant programme. As Deise mentioned the music mixed in with the wry comedy make it what it is. Tonights episode alone finishing with Bertie commenting on locking up all tax cheats and dodgers was gold. Straight away all I could think of was Paddy the Plasterer and dig outs from pals!

-------------
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

I think it is the one fella puts the majority of it together, John O'Regan is the chap's name, or at least, he is the main man, aided by whatever amount of researchers. Here's an interview with him in the IT from a few years ago explaining how tis put together. 

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/it-s-impossible-now-to-view-the-decade-past-without-regret-1.661839" rel="nofollow - http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/it-s-impossible-now-to-view-the-decade-past-without-regret-1.661839

He is a bit modest about his talents there though, I think his true genius is in selecting the music for the relevant footage. It also appears from those choices that Mr O'Regan has a bit of a wry sense of humour, which always helps. 

Using REM's 'Shiny Happy People' over footage of Ian Paisley roaring 'NO' to something or other always makes me laugh (not sure on the year, maybe '91),  The Wonderstuff's 'Size of a Cow' over footage of Larry Goodman & the Beef Tribunal is absolute comedy gold. How long did it take to find that one pretty obscure song, just to use in a clip of a few seconds ???  Coming up with stuff like that isn't easy, in fact half the time people don't even recognise the fact that the lyrics in the music clips are linked to the footage, that's how good these fellas are. 

On the DVD of the 80's one during Charlie's "Living beyond our means" speech they had the Minder theme (I should be so good for you) playing

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 10:20pm
Nailed it Deise. The soundtrack to every episode is damn near perfect. Every time, it just works. From happy memories, to controversial moments, and some very sad, poignant ones. A couple even without music, which makes a huge impact. 

Such a simple programme. But so perfect

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 10:24pm
Reeling in the YBIG years:

2010:

Kerrzy fully commits his support of Trapattoni and attacks anyone in opposition to him
JohnnyCCFC creates his own Ramblers Forum after a confrontation on YBIG to much amusement
Propagandhi has a nuclear meltdown
John Delaney is a public hero after funding an alcohol fueled disco train in slovakia

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 10:41pm
Reeling in The Years is probably the best stuff RTE has ever done, doesn't matter how many times I've seen a particular year, I always just sit down and watch it, they just nail it. Clap

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 11:17pm
He also worked on Richard and Judy :) can't win them all

He had worked on loads such as late late and tubridy tonight and the Russ abbot show and then news for itv. Very experienced producer

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 11:23pm
Love it. Never get sick of watching it. I think you can get it on DVD now.

Posted By: Bitored
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2015 at 12:15am
Its mad to look back even as recently as the early 90s and see some of the crooks that were running the country and just how male dominated politics was in this country.
You look at the likes of Mary Robinson and think what a trail blazer she was.
Its also gas that on every episode there`s a priest caught for knocking off some bit on the side in some far flung country.

-------------
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2015 at 8:27am
Absolutely love this show - Was the standard routine for years for us on a Sunday. Off into London for a GAA match in the afternoon, back to the local to watch it over a few pints in the evening and then spend the rest of the evening being slightly homesick !

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2015 at 8:50am
Beat It being played over the clip of 12 Apostles AI Football final in 1983

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2015 at 11:23am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Nailed it Deise. The soundtrack to every episode is damn near perfect. Every time, it just works. From happy memories, to controversial moments, and some very sad, poignant ones. A couple even without music, which makes a huge impact. 

Such a simple programme. But so perfect

Anytime there's a bombing there's no music. Nothing Compares To You coming on when Iraq invades Kuwait was quality.

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2015 at 11:28am

1981 had an election , hunger strick, stardust and a riot.

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2015 at 11:33am
Lads is this on youtube or RTE iplayer? 

-------------

Posted By: foggy.nelson
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2015 at 11:59am
Can't remember the year but the one that finishes with the piece on the yugoslsvian war always gives me goosebumps. No music just a woman asking why

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2015 at 12:00pm
1991, was on the other night

-------------

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2015 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

1981 had an election , hunger strick, stardust and a riot.
A lot of years in the 80s had elections LOL

3 elections in 18 months there was.

To the tune of Banana Republic by the Boomtown Rats

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2015 at 12:32pm
Probably the best programme RTE have ever produced. The music is always oustanding. Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2015 at 12:42pm
Money Money Money by ABBA during one of the bank strikes in the 70's

-------------

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2015 at 12:50pm
Always used to watch it in college when we'd come back pissed from a night out! A good history lesson!

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2015 at 1:20pm
Minister for Finance Bertie 'no bank account' Ahern lyeing through his bollox the other night about catching tax evaders was comical.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Posted By: planning
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 8:59am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Reeling in the YBIG years:

2010:

Kerrzy fully commits his support of Trapattoni and attacks anyone in opposition to him
JohnnyCCFC creates his own Ramblers Forum after a confrontation on YBIG to much amusement
Propagandhi has a nuclear meltdown
John Delaney is a public hero after funding an alcohol fueled disco train in slovakia

Reeling In The Nineties is discovered, just 15 years after it's original broadcast.

August is Prime Time for the show every year with 5 shows per week, to cover RTE's reduced news coverage. Despite it being their own production, it is the only show banned on RTE One+1, apparantly for "rights" issues.

It isn't all comedy and entertainment however. The coverage of the troubles that are featured can be difficult to watch during the 80's episodes, and I personally find the footage of the riot at the RDS in 81 too distressing to watch again. 200 people were injured that afternoon, just three months after the brits won the Eurovision there. Ann Doyle would say it was her worst year in RTE, given all that happened.

I would also prefer the FAI Cup Final own each year rather than the finals of the amateur, backward, parochial game dressed up as "sport" instead.

That aside, it is RTE's most popular programme and rightly so.

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 9:20am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Despite it being their own production, it is the only show banned on RTE One+1, apparantly for "rights" issues.
They own the rights to the footage but obviously not the rights to the music. Same problem with DVD's of the show.

Posted By: Stoked Up
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Despite it being their own production, it is the only show banned on RTE One+1, apparantly for "rights" issues.
They own the rights to the footage but obviously not the rights to the music. Same problem with DVD's of the show.

Why is it banned on the one hour later show and not the regular hour? I must be thick. I don't get it.

Is this the reason why RTÉ +1 only goes out after 7pm and has a clocked finishing time too?

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 11:01am
Presumably because they'd have to pay our twice for the music

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Presumably because they'd have to pay our twice for the music
Aye

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Probably the best programme RTE have ever produced. The music is always oustanding. Thumbs Up

pretty sure it is a copy of a show BBC1 used to do, same format news footage with subtitles and contemporary music playing though cant recal the name Edit - the Rock and roll Years

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 8:32am
I understand why DVD's are restricted to Irl and NI only. But I don't understand the music issue. RTE has music on almost every single tv programme, plays the songs featured on radio, yet won't air them on their own production on RTE One +1.

Eastenders used to be banned too, but that was lifted after a while. Movies are shown on the station, with all their music included. I just don't get what the issue with RITY is.

-------------
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 9:04am
Difference between broadcasting live and a podcast in radio so I am guessing tv is the same.   

You can play a song on the radio but you can only play a 30 seconds of it on a podcast.   Tv must be the same.

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

pretty sure it is a copy of a show BBC1 used to do, same format news footage with subtitles and contemporary music playing though cant recal the name Edit - the Rock and roll Years
Yes we have said this before - The Rock and Roll Years on BBC2.

Think it went from 1955 (Bill Haley etc) up to 1969.

-------------

Posted By: theheff1989
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 7:34pm
Great show. 

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 12:25am
Watched the year 2000 yesterday.  'Texting becomes popular'.  Mental. 20 yrs ago! Where does the time go to!

It don't seem right to me Jeff

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 7:49pm
2007 was on. Showing the Irish heading off to New York for Christmas shopping. Hon the boom. 

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 8:13pm
Aww yes the boom years when the Irish Celebrity was born. Before Social Media The Heralds "Dublin Weekly" column was the source of what Influencer types back then where doing on a Sunday In Lillies. Where people like Gavin Lambe Murphy and Gerald Kean lives where there for the city to see because of Xpose and VIP Magazine deemed it newsworthy. 

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

2007 was on. Showing the Irish heading off to New York for Christmas shopping. Hon the boom. 
t'was a bit of a classic alright. TO be fair it was $1.60 to the Euro at the time, I wnet to the states in early 2008 and loved being there and having everything so cheap.

It was a great year for Reeling in the Years, so many quotes from David Drumm, Sean Fitzpatrick, Bertie, Cowen, etc that aged very badly

Posted By: darmack
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 8:44pm
watched this evenings episode too. Funny/sickening listening to the bankers saying there's nothing to worry about. 
Not a great episode though. 1999 or 2001 are one of my favourites. Obviously they take you back to the year and make you reminisce what you did yourself, nothing exciting for me in 07. 

-------------
The dark side.. And the light

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 8:57pm
Watched it too. The year i finished college and got a job in the nick of time before the arse fell out of the country.

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 9:21pm
feic I couldn’t tell you one thing I did in 2007.   Probably went to a few Ireland games.  Can’t think of anything else.  Some years feic all happens in your life of note and other times loads of Significant things happen in a few months. The 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: sid waddell
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 9:25pm
It rained in 2007, it rained a lot

It also rained a lot in 2008

Summers for ducks if ever there were

-------------
Edited by Trigboy 10 at 10:03pm

Posted By: deco911
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 9:36pm
watched it too. Bertie going to tribunal and waving at the crowd with a big smile....what a hero

Posted By: Flanno7hi
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Watched it too. The year i finished college and got a job in the nick of time before the arse fell out of the country.
I finished my Bachelors in 06 and by the time I finished my Masters in 08 there was f**k all jobs at home. Reason I moved to England for that I thought would be six months but sure I'm here 12 years now and probably won't ever move back. 

-------------
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 9:55pm
My son was born, missed Wales away.

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 10:05pm
My eldest was born. Lost most of my hair. I think these were related.

I remember at the time, on top of childrens allowance, we received a €250 extra payment each quarter.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I remember at the time, on top of childrens allowance, we received a €250 extra payment each quarter.

Jaysis..... an extra 250 each quarter for kids? f**king hell. No wonder we were so f**ked.

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Flanno7hi
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 10:23pm

Same happened to me, except it was all my hair not just most haha

-------------
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

watched this evenings episode too. Funny/sickening listening to the bankers saying there's nothing to worry about. 
Not a great episode though. 1999 or 2001 are one of my favourites. Obviously they take you back to the year and make you reminisce what you did yourself, nothing exciting for me in 07. 

Finished school that year. Turned 18 Started college. Had a bit of freedom in life. Look back at the year with good
Memories. 

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Why is it banned on the one hour later show and not the regular hour? I must be thick. I don't get it.

Is this the reason why RTÉ +1 only goes out after 7pm and has a clocked finishing time too?

It's now a 24hr channel, and the show is repeated as all the others are. 

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Now you know why we all contributed to the crash. Shopping weekends in America is the most extravagant waste of money during the boom I've ever heard of. Thankfully, Newry is the furthest Irish people go to shop these days. 

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 10:54pm

Couple of good points there.

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 10:56pm
Think we were playing out of Croker then, tickets were around €80 for the lower tier, no problem filling the place, crazy how it’s changed. 
I qualified as a mechanic that year, in a great garage, before the f**king crash killed it. 
My first away trip as well in the February to San Marino Clap

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 10:57pm

The good old days of "when I have it, I'll spend it". And remember the 3 grand new home buyers grant....I bought my house in 2001, the inspector came to the house, had a 5 minute look around, passed the house for the grant. I jokingly said "that'll pay for the world cup". The inspector gave me the death stare. f**k I thought. Then the inspector smiled and said that his son was doing the same. And then there was the SSIAs....remember some lefty politicians being ridiculed for having the temerity to try and spoil the party by suggesting that the government should invest some of the surplus in hospitals and education.

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Think we were playing out of Croker then, tickets were around €80 for the lower tier, no problem filling the place, crazy how it’s changed. 
I qualified as a mechanic that year, in a great garage, before the f**king crash killed it. 
Some sesh in Rimini

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Some sesh in Rimini
Certainly was. The foot.ie bus loaded up with beer on the 6one news heading for San Marino LOL it stopped up the top of the hill on way to the ground & f**ked off without us, we had to thumb a lift with a tray of beer down to stadium. Great times 

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 11:20pm

Some sesh in Rimini
Certainly was. The foot.ie bus loaded up with beer on the 6one news heading for San Marino LOL it stopped up the top of the hill on way to the ground & f**ked off without us, we had to thumb a lift with a tray of beer down to stadium. Great times 
Blagged a lift with Ray Treacys bus. Pit stop at a couple of small bars up the mountain then onto the ‘stadium’. I stashed a bag of cans outside fearing they'd be taken off me. Hopped the waist high fence at the back of the stand at half time and retrieved them for the second half, and badly needed they were.

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 11:21pm
the Armed police let me bring mine in one they were open, walked in with about 8 open cans LOL

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 11:23pm

the Armed police let me bring mine in one they were open, walked in with about 8 open cans LOL

feck it, I went dry for that first half for no reason

Posted By: Drumcondra 69er
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

feic I couldn’t tell you one thing I did in 2007.   Probably went to a few Ireland games.  Can’t think of anything else.  Some years feic all happens in your life of note and other times loads of Significant things happen in a few months. The 

Bratislava Prague double header iirc. Savage week. 

-------------
Blog: http://afalsefirstxi.blogspot.ie/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/afalsefirstxi/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 7:12am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Phewwwwwwwwwwwww talk about drink flowing , the football was crap .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: Drumcondra 69er
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 8:11am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Jesus, Murphy's, we've seen a lot worse. Should have beaten Slovakia only for the customary late slip and were right in the game v the Czechs until Hunt got himself sent off.

But yes, the drink was flowing. Fans bus from Bratislava was a ride of death for me, had to get the bus to stop en route to compose myself... 

-------------
Blog: http://afalsefirstxi.blogspot.ie/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/afalsefirstxi/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 8:47am

Some sesh in Rimini

Some kickaround in the car park outside the ground!

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 10:17am

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Jesus, Murphy's, we've seen a lot worse. Should have beaten Slovakia only for the customary late slip and were right in the game v the Czechs until Hunt got himself sent off.

But yes, the drink was flowing. Fans bus from Bratislava was a ride of death for me, had to get the bus to stop en route to compose myself... 
Should have been on the train Confused , now have to say we got lucky and decided to pay an extra 2 euro for first class .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: Artie Ziff
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 5:00pm

Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

It's now a 24hr channel, and the show is repeated as all the others are. 

Better late than ever, five years to get an answer LOL

-------------
It would damage this forums' reputation

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 5:38pm
Sad state of affairs but Reeling in the Years could be the TV highlight of the night

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Sad state of affairs but Reeling in the Years could be the TV highlight of the night

Not on tonight Cry

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 1:34pm
New series coming in April

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/katie-taylor-and-marriage-referendum-to-feature-as-new-decade-of-reeling-in-the-years-announced-by-rte-40212152.html" rel="nofollow - https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/katie-taylor-and-marriage-referendum-to-feature-as-new-decade-of-reeling-in-the-years-announced-by-rte-40212152.html

-------------

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 7:53pm
Brilliant show 👏 

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 9:53pm
It was 2011 this week when a Royal Married one of the common folk she didn't show up in a tracksuit though. 

-------------

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 9:59pm
busy year was 2011. I feel focking old now

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: eireland
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 12:12am
Cluxton lifting Sam is going to become a very common sight 😂

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 12:16am
Never showed our win over Estonia for the Euros if there was ever a fixed draw. 

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 12:22am
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Yeah shocking omission 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 2:01am

Yeah shocking omission 
Especially the sh*t show that the team is now. Cry

Those were the days alright...

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 8:34am
They could do with not including the embarrassing performances at the Euros in the next episode.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 11:23am
Was very surprised by that too, The one thing I took away from it is how nothing has really changed politically.

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Was very surprised by that too, The one thing I took away from it is how nothing has really changed politically.

Do you mean since 2011 or since the 1930's?

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Do you mean since 2011 or since the 1930's?

True nothing has changed since the 30s 

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 1:10pm

Yeah shocking omission 
2011 was a very busy year. A lot was left out. Rovers EL adventure aswel

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Yeah shocking omission 
2011 was a very busy year. A lot was left out. Rovers EL adventure aswel

LOL Ireland qualifying for a major championship should always be there 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 10:09am
A lot of things on last nights episode which I didn't think was as far back as 2012, the Concordia and the Baumgartner jump for example I thought they were around 2016/17

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 10:18am

A lot of things on last nights episode which I didn't think was as far back as 2012, the Concordia and the Baumgartner jump for example I thought they were around 2016/17
Jimmy's Winning matchesCryCryCry

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 10:34am

After Austria away in 2013, a bright eyed young aristocrat Trap Junior Esquire IV went to Salzburg for a few days R&R and got to see that yoke he jumped out of as Red Bull had some hangar there at the airport with all their stuff in it.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net