Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=52183
Printed Date: 25 Apr 2024 at 12:13pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Sky v BT Vision
Posted By: SByrne24
Subject: Sky v BT Vision
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 9:50pm
Guys, I've had sky as long as i can remember. Quite content with it to be honest until BT went and bought everything. I've the complete sky bundle so 75 a month plus multiroom into the bedroom brings it to 80. Now, if i stick with Sky I have to pay for extra BT Sports, which is a piss take. 

Whats BT vision like vs Sky HD? I was back home there and seen a mate had it in, watched the St Pauli game on it at his. Just back home tonight and thinking of ringing Sky up and telling them to shove their package. But before i do that, whats BT vision like in comparison? for picture quality etc 

Thank you. 

Replies:
Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 10:24pm
If you have BT broadband you should be able to get the BT channels on sky for free (know I do) though you can't get them on multiroom as it only works on one skybox which is a fkn pain

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 10:24pm
And I dont have BT vision so can't answer that specific question for ya

-------------

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 10:27pm
Can't get virgin media in Brentford, no? Try pricing each of them and see.

BT can be tricky if you want sky sports and multiroom, plus BT vision only allows you to get SS1 & SS2. It doesn't have SS3, 4 or 5.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 10:32pm
Virgin media might be a better option: they have all sky sports channels, and you can add HD if you want.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Can't get virgin media in Brentford, no? Try pricing each of them and see.

BT can be tricky if you want sky sports and multiroom, plus BT vision only allows you to get SS1 & SS2. It doesn't have SS3, 4 or 5.

Philliy is not an extra £10 a month, since BT Europe kicked in?
Yeah I can buddy! I hadn't thought of them to be honest.
I didn't realise until 10 mins ago 3,4,5 weren't on it. Can't win, I was impressed to huge saving to be had! 45 a month nearly half the price.
Is there a delay at all between satellite and steaming it? I've Netflix but id imagine live TV would be different.

I'll price Virgin now.

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 10:35pm
I would check the sky options but for some reason the sky website won't allow me to price sky UK, only sky Ireland.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 10:39pm
Apparently we dont have Virgin Media  Thumbs Down thats odd its London

Ive heard from a few people, if you ring up sky and threaten to take it out their prices start dropping.. magically 

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 10:41pm
Is it fk £10, if it was I'd not be paying it, as had to renew the contract in June or July and specifically asked about 5 times that if I renewed would I have to pay for BT sport and kept being told no, also a lad in work got a £8 bill 2 or 3 weeks ago from BT, rung up and they refunded the fee and give him BT sport for free as he was an existing broadband customer(he'd been charged for BT sport).

Basically BT's whole marketing ploy for BT sport is to get you onto BT broadband so it makes sense for them to be giving existing customers the sport channels for free

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Is it fk £10, if it was I'd not be paying it, as had to renew the contract in June or July and specifically asked about 5 times that if I renewed would I have to pay for BT sport and kept being told no, also a lad in work got a £8 bill 2 or 3 weeks ago from BT, rung up and they refunded the fee and give him BT sport for free as he was an existing broadband customer(he'd been charged for BT sport).

Basically BT's whole marketing ploy for BT sport is to get you onto BT broadband so it makes sense for them to be giving existing customers the sport channels for free

I might be changing Broadband supplier tomorrow if thats the case! LOL I was really fcuked off, 80  a month which is a substantial enough fee a month. Basically 1000 a year not to have the football 

I'm with plusnet for the house phone and broadband, i'm going to start pricing the broadband and phone deals with BT see what the difference is

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 10:56pm
Jaysus, get it all together. You should be getting the broadband with sky as well.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 10:59pm
After a quick search on uswitch , BT are coming up at 46 a month with the line rental and free evening and weekend calls I pay 36 at the moment without the free evening calls. 

Get the missus to look this over. Might be a decent saving to be had! I'm not even sure why we have a house phone, everyone rings us on our mobiles. Only person who rings the house is her mam

SD, that would be a smart idea now! But when i first moved in her, i didn't have a clue what i was at LOL

I'll price it all together with sky now.. i hadn't thought of that.. 

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 11:06pm
102pcm for the first 12 months and then 112pcm 

Then add in the BT price Unhappy basically the same  jaysus, get the missus to ring these folks up the morning. She suffers from smalll woman syndrome. Should be able to get something sorted. BT have really messed my bills up 

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 1:01am
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

After a quick search on uswitch , BT are coming up at 46 a month with the line rental and free evening and weekend calls I pay 36 at the moment without the free evening calls. 

Get the missus to look this over. Might be a decent saving to be had! I'm not even sure why we have a house phone, everyone rings us on our mobiles. Only person who rings the house is her mam

SD, that would be a smart idea now! But when i first moved in her, i didn't have a clue what i was at LOL

I'll price it all together with sky now.. i hadn't thought of that.. 
You sure virgin  (media) dont operate in the area Tongue

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 1:03am
I stuck my postcode in their website and it came up no available in your area. 

I found it really surprising personally! This is London!

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 1:32am
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

I stuck my postcode in their website and it came up no available in your area. 

I found it really surprising personally! This is London!

We had a virgin leaflet shoved in our door before in London, liked the look of the offer so rang them up- they didn't operate in our area! Clowns

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Deane
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 4:33am
Had Virgin Media TV and Internet package when living in Derry, 160mb Download Speed, Loads of channels and you have Netflix on your TV as well. Great package. 

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 10:50am
Missus rung up Sky this morning, got all 3 with them now. And saved a tener a month by threatening to take it out, which now means my BT package costs me nothing extra LOL I got the movies and kids package complimentary for being a loyal costumer, some sales talk.

You can get Virgin Media in Derry but not in a busy part of London LOL

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 6:48pm
https://twitter.com/RobHarris" rel="nofollow - - - - - Verified account -  

BREAKING: Premier League sells 5 of 7 packages of live TV rights for £4.464bn for 2016-19. Sky gets 4 packages BT gets 1 package

2 unsold Premier League packages of rights are the rights to show all every game on 4 matchnights

Previous deal came to £5.1bn. A minimum of 3 subscriptions needed to watch all live EPL matches.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 7:06pm
Rumours Amazon have won a rights package.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 7:18pm
Piss poor outcome for BT. Only the early kick offs on a Saturday

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 7:23pm
Seen a tweet that the price has dropped from 10.2m to 9.3m a game. Or sure if that was just sky or included the BT package.

The only packages remaining are bank holiday and midweek ones.

Get free BT with eir internet, so a bit annoyed they have lost the sat evening game, usually enjoyed that

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 7:23pm
If BT lose the Champions League rights next time round they're screwed. This auction has been very bad for them.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 7:28pm
Looks like limited interest in the final two packages. This tv deal is way down on the previous one...

https://twitter.com/AdamParsons1" rel="nofollow"> Adam ParsonsVerified account @AdamParsons1 https://twitter.com/AdamParsons1/status/963493297955266561" rel="nofollow -

Sounds like the interest in the simulcast packages (F and G) was limited. Huge resourcing challenge for anyone, including Sky or BT, to cover 10 matches at the same time. And not clear that UK viewers like the idea.

0 replies 2 retweets 1 like

-------------

Posted By: daboi89
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 6:25am

unsure what my package works out

every single game for 179.99 including the box and then 80 a year after

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 7:13am
Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

unsure what my package works out

every single game for 179.99 including the box and then 80 a year after

€85 a year here and no box required.

Couldn’t care less what channel they are shown on

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Seen a tweet that the price has dropped from 10.2m to 9.3m a game. Or sure if that was just sky or included the BT package.

The only packages remaining are bank holiday and midweek ones.

Get free BT with eir internet, so a bit annoyed they have lost the sat evening game, usually enjoyed that
Anyone know how they calculate it, last time was 10.2m a game, but 5.1bn divided by 160 games is about £63mn. Not sure how it works.

Same number of games sold for £5.1bn last time, £4.4bn this time plus the midweek ones which brought in will unlikely top the £5bn mark.

Overall Sky are paying less per game, Bt paying more per game. 

Good coparison of both deals here...  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43052024" rel="nofollow - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43052024

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net