Topic: 11th Place
Posted By: nvidic
Subject: 11th Place
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 1:21pm
Edited to put galway in instead of limerick

Replies:
Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 1:24pm
Not sure why you've left Galway out of it. We are well in the fight for survival.

If we had either Cherrie or Schllingermannn in goals I'd be confident of finishing 6th.

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 1:28pm
If Derry get rid of Pizza and steady the ship, I can see them escaping. Sligo I can't see avoiding it. The problems seem more deep rooted, especially with players leaving etc.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Not sure why you've left Galway out of it. We are well in the fight for survival.

If we had either Cherrie or Schllingermannn in goals I'd be confident of finishing 6th.

Knew I'd forgotten somebody, wasn't intentional

Posted By: smart man
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 9:33pm
Still think Sligo will get one of it. Only hope the Town are not drawn into it.

-------------
alive and kicking

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 7:59pm
Derry win, Sligo look like losing

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 8:04pm
Just think Derry look the worst at the moment  of the bunch, and yes they beat Longford 3-0 Hey what do i know 

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: Stillhuntinghenry
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 9:52pm
On last night's showing I'm confident we'll be ok. Recent signings will see us through.

-------------
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

On last night's showing I'm confident we'll be ok. Recent signings will see us through.

You offered one of our players full time football and he was awful close to going. If you're able to spend that sorta money you should be fine

Posted By: Bitored
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 9:56pm
Very worrying now. club needs some serious overhaul. There were alot of bad decisions that brought us to where we are.
I'm not blaming Ndo as he took over a sinking ship but a more experienced manager would have been a better idea.

-------------
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona

Posted By: gufct
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 11:02pm
Sligo only have a week to appoint a manager with a pro licence

-------------
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.

Posted By: UCDFAN
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 11:19pm
Limerick Football Club

-------------
www.ucdsupporters.ie

Posted By: Nah Nah Nah Nah
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 10:55am
We need to get someone to organise a defence pretty damn quickly

Posted By: smart man
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 12:36pm
Didn't thing Limerick would beat Sligo. One league, two cups money from Europe whats gone wrong in Sligo?

-------------
alive and kicking

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

You offered one of our players full time football and he was awful close to going. If you're able to spend that sorta money you should be fine

We have backing but we just don't spend money that the club isn't generating. That said I think the chairman has loosened the purse strings to try and keep us up . We pay around £400-£500 top earners so with the good exchange it is around €700 plus lads get a chanceto stay/go full time.

I'm hoping the lack of investment this season is part of a bigger plan to regroup and have a good tip at it next season.

If we can keep McCormick and the lad from shamrock it will be a good foundation for next year. Was talking to one of our lads last night and he reckons the lad McEnef we have signed is a great talent.

I'd put my house on us staying up

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 3:06pm
Who was the player at bray btw ?

-------------

Posted By: Xpro
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 11:19pm
The mind boggles, "nvidic". If you asked me at the start of the season to choose between Sligo and Derry to finish 11th, I`d be accusing you of taking the p1ss. It`s hard to believe how these two clubs have wound up in the relegation zone, after so many years in the top half of the league.   

-------------
"If you fail to prepare, you`re prepared to fail" - Mark Spitz

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 11:22pm
I said to people at the start five clubs could win, six could go down and sligo could do neither, how wrong I was!

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 12:20am
Sligo were always great at unearthing a hungry young manager from across the water, like Cook or Baraclough, someone fresh to our league who didn`t have a bias towards certain players. Then they went native with Heary and their season went completely pear-shaped.

As for Derry, they tried a few Southern managers such as Kenny, Roddy and Fenlon, but as one of them said to me: "they`re parochial up there and really only want one of their own in charge". Well, they`ve one of their own right now in Peter Hutton and their season has gone as pear-shaped as that of Sligo.

-------------

Posted By: roverstillidie
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 5:23pm
I went for Sligs simply on the grounds the others around them are showing some form of improvement except Drogs who are still a bit ahead. Sligs are just in total disarray and are lucky Limerick are that far off the pace.

I wonder how much of it relates to them being so public about a consolodation year - did the players read that as carte blance to take the michael?

-------------
He is Karl Pilkington in the LOI section and Karl Marx outwith it

Posted By: GoneToShowgies
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

I wonder how much of it relates to them being so public about a consolodation year - did the players read that as carte blance to take the michael?

Probably the opposite actually. It relates to Heary saying that his players team was capable of challenging for a league. If he had just said that it was a consolidation year, that he was bringing in youth and in a couple of season we'd be able to challenge again that would have been fine. He made a rod to beat himself with from the get go.

Anyway change is coming. Hopefully it wont be too late in the season to make a difference.

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 7:17pm
I voted for Derry at the time but would certainly vote for us if I could vote again now. In fact I'd probably vote for Limerick after last Saturday night.

First game of the season Cork came to The Showgrounds. Plenty of hope and a big crowd turned up on the night. Should really have won. This meeting will be with met great trepidation. 

As for why we're there, if and when we get a new manager in it will be our 6th manager since winning the Setanta Cup last May. Whatever the pros and cons of Barraclough being let go (and I don't see any pros myself) not being able to get someone to replace him has been the main problem. Jesus Gil would be proud of that rate of change of managers.

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 11:57pm
Didn`t realise you`ve had 5 managers since last May. That kind of firefighting just smacks of desperation among the Sligo board. Dykes and N`Do both served the club well as players but I never felt for a moment that it was going to work from the dugout.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Xpro Xpro wrote:

Didn`t realise you`ve had 5 managers since last May. That kind of firefighting just smacks of desperation among the Sligo board. Dykes and N`Do both served the club well as players but I never felt for a moment that it was going to work from the dugout.

Yeah

Barraclough
Coleman
Dykes
Heary
Ndo
Adams

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Xpro Xpro wrote:

In fairness to the board on the Ndo thing, it was damned if you do and damned if you don't.
People were fine with Heary being manager but not happy that the legend that is Joey was not involved with the club at all. To keep fans happy, to help Heary (and boost attendances) Joey was brought in as coach. When Heary got the sack they were almost obliged to give Joey a chance, some fans would be up in arms if he wasn't given ago. Well the Ndo experiment hasn't been a success unfortunately, so its gone full circle really.

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 11:52am
If we get our better players on the pitch (which Ndo didn't do for all sorts of reasons) and get Russell back from injury then we have a chance to move up the table.

Posted By: Doyler1993
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 10:05pm
The match on monday between galway and drogheda will decide it

-------------
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE

Date Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 6:56pm
Delighted for Limerick FC making the charge for 11th spot as predicted.
fair play to all the regular LoI watchers and observers for spotting the regular circumstances of a stuggling team finding a rich vein of form and translating that into results.

-------------
www.ucdsupporters.ie

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 6:40pm
Super excited about the continued consistency in the relegated-threathened 12th place Club, raising their form in a normal predictable manner and with the known LoI personalties attached to that Football Club using Football as a medium to get positive results to legitimately challenge the teams above them.

Football brings pos.Results.

I'm sure the reason Limerick FC went unmentioned and ignored, including the poll survey, was the strong belief that 12th place Limerick FC would end up in 10th place or higher. That must be the reason because to ignore and exclude a Football Club from a simple discussion at the bottom end of the Premier Division table. (it would be unfortunate if posters on this thread believed they could make statements on this thread and the attempt to wipe the slate clean by abandoning this thread and contributing to a new fresh thread, hoping to forget their early comments).

-------------
www.ucdsupporters.ie

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net