Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Do you Believe
Posted By: lassassinblanc
Subject: Do you Believe
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 8:32am
Simple question

What do you believe exists.

Firm believer in Bigfoot, and ghosts.

Ufos and aliens if anyone thinks we ain't alone in the universe they're seriously deluded.

As for loch Ness plausible but most likely hoax.

Also left others for other things I haven't mentioned.

Replies:
Posted By: Just saying like
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 8:37am
Nothing would surprise me about what people believe.   This was the shyte that was bet into us in school: -

I believe in God, the father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord.
He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried.
He descended to the dead.
On the third day he rose again.
He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the Holy Catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.
Read more at http://www.beliefnet.com/Prayers/Catholic/Comfort/The-Apostles-Creed.aspx#dYUhclVUp6DCdXfc.99

-------------
I don't know what more we can do in terms of being open and transparent - John Delaney

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 8:44am
I pondered putting God in there but didn't want to turn it into a religious debate

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 8:51am
Defo has to be other lifeforms out there somewhere in the universe.

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 8:56am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Does explain Armagh people

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 9:02am
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Does explain Armagh people
LOL

Posted By: Gavintheslob
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 9:12am
an after life anyone

-------------
Its very frustrating being a Slob

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 9:24am

Absolutely. When you consider the almost incomprehensible vastness of the universe, it would have to be one of the greatest mathematically anomalies of all time if we were the only life form inhabiting it.

I assume the question though is do you believe that any of these life forms have come across us yet – hence ‘UFO’s. Personally would be fairly doubtful.

I also wouldn’t believe in ghosts in terms of the standard definition – i.e the spirit of a deceased person taking some kind of human form, however I would believe the Earth and everything that inhabits it is very interconnected, both when either alive or dead. For example, places like Auschwitz certainly do not feel ‘normal’. When unspeakable horror has occurred in a place it seems to leave a kind of stain that can almost feel palpable to the living.

Bigfoot and Nessy? Nah. Lassin – if you believe in Bigfoot, what do you believe he/it is, exactly?

Posted By: Pastor McConnell
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Just saying like Just saying like wrote:

Nothing would surprise me about what people believe.   This was the shyte that was bet into us in school: -

I believe in God, the father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord.
He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried.
He descended to the dead.
On the third day he rose again.
He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the Holy Catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.
Read more at http://www.beliefnet.com/Prayers/Catholic/Comfort/The-Apostles-Creed.aspx#dYUhclVUp6DCdXfc.99

And what part of that joyous creed do you believe to be, as you so eloquently put it "shyte".

-------------
Sodomy is sin!!!

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 9:54am
Places like Auschwitz only feel like that because we are firmly aware of what happened I think though to be honest. Every day, you walk past, stand in and I'm sure leisure in places where unspeakable evil has taken place in the past at some stage, we are just unaware of it. 

UFOs I think are total nonsense. Aliens are not only possible but very probable. 100 billion galaxies with 100 billions stars in each just like our own sun, it is ludicrous to think we are the only life. 

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Posted By: Steve Amsterdam
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 11:33am
Ever since Sepptic Blatter threw in the towel, I'm a firm believer in just about anything...

-------------
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Ever since Sepptic Blatter threw in the towel, I'm a firm believer in just about anything...

Except he hasn't thrown in the towel Steve.  He's just said the towel needs changing but housekeeping won't be around for at least 6 months. 

-------------
I don't know what more we can do in terms of being open and transparent - John Delaney

Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 12:06pm
The universe is bigger than any one of us can even fathom. To put it simply there are more stars in the sky than there are grains of sand on all the earths beaches and deserts. In fact there are 10 times more stars it's been reported. So to say we are alone is ridiculous  

Posted By: Steve Amsterdam
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Just saying like Just saying like wrote:

Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Except he hasn't thrown in the towel Steve.  He's just said the towel needs changing but housekeeping won't be around for at least 6 months. 

True. And he's looking at buying the new towel himself to make sure it of the same euh....'quality' Wink

-------------
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!

Posted By: erimus
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 12:10pm
UFO - Bullsh*t
BigFoot - Bullsh*t
Loch Ness Monster - Bullsh*t
Ghosts - Bullsh*t
Other Lifeforms in the Universe - Plausible

-------------
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016

Posted By: Jonny2Times
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

UFO - Bullsh*t
BigFoot - Bullsh*t
Loch Ness Monster - Bullsh*t
Ghosts - Bullsh*t
Other Lifeforms in the Universe - Plausible

I would second this.

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 1:21pm
Yeah, I don't believe in UFOs but would definitely believe in extra terrestrial lifeforms.

-------------

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Yeah, I don't believe in UFOs but would definitely believe in extra terrestrial lifeforms.

we can but hope

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

an after life anyone

Absolutely not, once youre gone, youre gone.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: SByrne24
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Pilots through history are known to have spotted weird objects flying above them or showing dots on our radars that don't exist when we get near them.  ATC have reported stuff to 

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCcQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-2534100%2FDid-Heathrow-jet-pilot-saw-high-speed-UFO-passed-feet-plane.html&ei=SHZwVZLGLem37Aa35YCIBQ&usg=AFQjCNHDldEb65W6rWdCyp8tOVpGCZT3Nw&sig2=cEeZE3VwoQWF7BAYxpGHvg" rel="nofollow - 'Did you see that?' Heathrow jet pilot saw high-speed 'UFO'

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CC0QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-2337836%2FPilots-passenger-planes-saw-UFOs-Britains-Scientology-base-landed-Gatwick.html&ei=SHZwVZLGLem37Aa35YCIBQ&usg=AFQjCNGX62fGTPG-IpX4eQSJJLVDx7HDyg&sig2=DJkpnnVSxfB3IjCYQS07-g" rel="nofollow - Pilots of three passenger planes saw two UFOs above ...

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CFQQFjAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.huffingtonpost.com%2F2012%2F04%2F12%2Fufo-aircraft-safety-hazards_n_1422206.html&ei=SHZwVZLGLem37Aa35YCIBQ&usg=AFQjCNFQ_AXwhc600ktwrufmiVqzhQumdQ&sig2=KqfqwDGENEI92iCgC5xvqg" rel="nofollow - UFO Encounters With Airplanes: Pilots, Officials Discuss ...

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ufosightingsdaily.com%2Fp%2Fpilot-sightings-49.html&ei=SHZwVZLGLem37Aa35YCIBQ&usg=AFQjCNHotkgFI1g1Pjuv3eD_Y8Fo1NjwFQ&sig2=kVNbP5AiDpTy85qjgI__0A" rel="nofollow - UFO SIGHTINGS DAILY: Pilot Sightings (49)

It makes you think!

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 5:07pm
It certainly does make you think, Who the f**k are we leaving fly our aircraft?

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 5:10pm
I think it's quite rational to believe there's other similar lifeforms like ourselves given all the different solar systems in the universe. I think it's probable if anything but I don't think I'll ever find out either.

I don't think paranormal activity of any kind is possible but then again, I can only judge it by the physical world I live in. We'll always be restricted in that regard which is where faith comes into it in the absence of evidence.

I don't believe in God or fate or any of that.

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 5:18pm
There is definitely extraterrestrial life of some sort....given that there are millions of other habitable planets out there i dont think that can be doubted

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Posted By: BrenC
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

There is definitely extraterrestrial life of some sort....given that there are millions of other habitable planets out there i dont think that can be doubted

Given Earth is 6 billion years old the odds of them coinciding with us in the same (relativity) brief period humanity exists for is a lot slimmer. 

-------------
Team Emmet

Posted By: Gavintheslob
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

an after life anyone

How do you know tho Shocked

-------------
Its very frustrating being a Slob

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 5:42pm

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

an after life anyone

How do you know tho Shocked

Which is why I am a pastafarian, just in case his noodly goodness, the flying SSpaghetti Monster, does exist.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Absolutely. When you consider the almost incomprehensible vastness of the universe, it would have to be one of the greatest mathematically anomalies of all time if we were the only life form inhabiting it.

I assume the question though is do you believe that any of these life forms have come across us yet – hence ‘UFO’s. Personally would be fairly doubtful.

I also wouldn’t believe in ghosts in terms of the standard definition – i.e the spirit of a deceased person taking some kind of human form, however I would believe the Earth and everything that inhabits it is very interconnected, both when either alive or dead. For example, places like Auschwitz certainly do not feel ‘normal’. When unspeakable horror has occurred in a place it seems to leave a kind of stain that can almost feel palpable to the living.

Bigfoot and Nessy? Nah. Lassin – if you believe in Bigfoot, what do you believe he/it is, exactly?

I believe Bigfoot would be similar to 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigantopithecus

or an ancestor  of the above, The area where Bigfoot lives is acres and acres of forest why couldn't an animal hide.

There are numbers of new animals found every year.

An once extinct  fish was found there last year so the possibility of bigfoot existing is big in that logic in my eyes

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 8:49pm
They found a fish in the forest? No wonder they went extinct!

-------------

Posted By: grannyrule
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 8:50pm
You'd imagine that with all the modern technology that something as big as a Bigfoot would have been found especially in North America.

-------------
The only way is up

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

You'd imagine that with all the modern technology that something as big as a Bigfoot would have been found especially in North America.

How big is North American Forest land

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 11:45pm
Anyone ever see a Cavan person offer to buy a round?

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 11:50pm

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Posted By: HateHenry
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 12:46am
stop.

-------------
Polska Bialo Czerwoni

Posted By: Bo Jackson
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 1:00am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

anyone ever see you line out for a fans match? #nopassionforthejersey Wink

-------------
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!

Posted By: dunloybhoy
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 9:36am
what about man landing on the moon?

i still think its a load of kack and it never happened.

-------------
put em under pressure!

Posted By: ParkLife
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 10:22am
There is definitely life out there. 

I love that movie "Contact" and even just that line from Jodie Foster "We are not alone in this universe".

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 10:35am
If Delaney is forced out I may even start to believe there is a God out there somewhere.

-------------

Posted By: Fitzinho
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 10:46am
Originally posted by dunloybhoy dunloybhoy wrote:

Nonsense, there is concrete evidence that they landed on it 9 times. You can see the equipment left behind in hi res images and you can bounce a laser beam off the reflectors they left there to measure the distance to the moon.

What evidence is there disproving any of those independently verified observations?

Posted By: SByrne24
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 12:14pm
Adolf Hitler didnt die in WW2 Thumbs Down

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Fitzinho Fitzinho wrote:

Nonsense, there is concrete evidence that they landed on it 9 times. You can see the equipment left behind in hi res images and you can bounce a laser beam off the reflectors they left there to measure the distance to the moon.

What evidence is there disproving any of those independently verified observations?

why dont they go back if its so easy? 

and they landed on the moon with equipment that was less than that of a modern day calculator LOL

yeah right

-------------
put em under pressure!

Posted By: Fitzinho
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 12:49pm

Originally posted by Fitzinho Fitzinho wrote:

why dont they go back if its so easy? 

and they landed on the moon with equipment that was less than that of a modern day calculator LOL

yeah right

Because going back just to show a few dopes that they can do it (again) isn't justification enough to spend billions of dollars doing it.

Bigger fish to fry these days.

Now go read a book, this:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moores_law" rel="nofollow - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moore%27s_law  and get yourself to the thick thread

Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 1:14pm

LOL you cant be serious

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

anyone ever see you line out for a fans match? #nopassionforthejersey Wink
LOLLOLClap

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

LOL you cant be serious

LOL i know but it gets people debating on it for the laugh.

If people can believe in ghosts, big foot, Nessy and UFO's i can believe in that LOL

-------------
put em under pressure!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net