Printed Date: 29 Apr 2024 at 3:40pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Benitez to be sacked
Posted By: Trap junior
Subject: Benitez to be sacked
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 2:16pm
We all know it's going to happen so might as well get the thread ready

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Replies:
Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 2:18pm
TJ.Consistency in a world gone mad

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 2:20pm
 I pride myself on journalistic fairness and integrity PM

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 2:26pm
Reuters 14:22 GMT 3 June 2015

Real Madrid held an emergency EGM one hour after installing Rafa Benitez as permanent interim boss earlier today. It is understood Benitez will be fired later this afternoon after Benitez informed the club of his intention to sign his number 1 target Gareth Barry. More to follow...

-------------

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 2:41pm

Yeah, way out of his depth at RM anyway so only a matter of when rather than if he gets the boot but still, Gareth Barry...LOL

So who's going to be in TJ's next 'Real Madrid manager to be fired thread'?

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Yeah, way out of his depth at RM anyway so only a matter of when rather than if he gets the boot but still, Gareth Barry...LOL

So who's going to be in TJ's next 'Real Madrid manager to be fired thread'?

Out of his depth?

He has won 11 trophies as a manager which include La Liga, Champions League, UEFA cup, Fa Cup, both Italians cup etc...

The stick he got at Chelsea was unbelievable and he never batted an eyelid and then won the Europa Cup.

There is one thing for certain and that's he's not out of his depth.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 6:42pm
There's absolutely no doubt he's been successful, I agree with you there but he's about to take charge at one of the biggest clubs in the world where he'll be dealing with a dressing room full of players with very strong personalities that he'll have to get onside, on a different level to any dressing rooms he's dealt with before I suspect, and arguably the most demanding set of fans in the world who are mostly against him already before he's even been appointed.

And that's before you consider internal club politics that are bound to develop in the club hierarchy as the season progresses. This will certainly be the biggest challenge of his career. If he can cope with all that and deliver trophies and attacking football (there's no way the Madridistas will tolerate the pragmatic tactics he's become well known for) then we can consider him a success and I won't mind being proved wrong.

Having said that, knowing RM , he could win both La Liga and the Champions' League and still get sacked anyway

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 6:58pm
I've no idea how this guy keeps walking into jobs.

He's just keeping the seat warm.

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 9:06pm
Super stuff TJ , sacked in the morning i would say .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 7:40pm
HE GONE

-------------

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 7:48pm
Florentino Perez is the greatest club president of all time in the history of football but he needs to get on the blower to Ancelotti and beg him to come back.

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Florentino Perez is the greatest club president of all time in the history of football but he needs to get on the blower to Ancelotti and beg him to come back.

Zidane is next Manager.

Posted By: An Tiobraideach
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 9:11pm
Brendan Rodgers,anyone??

Yep,I'll get my coat......

-------------
His last fond wish had been fulfilled to lie in his native land,and the wild waves roll in peace again on the lonely Banna Strand.

Posted By: Bitored
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 9:35pm
It always seemed like a funny appointment from the very start.
Fair enough he coached the kids there but his style of play didn't suit Real at all.

-------------
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona

Posted By: Gavintheslob
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 10:09pm
Always said on here i didn't rate him and this will be his last big job and it won't last much longer, it will be galatasary or something like that for him next

-------------
Its very frustrating being a Slob

Posted By: Stillhuntinghenry
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 10:17pm
A charlatan and a prick. Where ever Robbie is at the minute I hope he is enjoying this

-------------
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 10:27pm
Shambles of a performance. No midfield. Casemiro should have started. Benitez fell to the pressure from Perez and played all of the galacticos instead.

Perez taking the brunt of the abuse from Madrid supporters at the match tonight. The chants were for him to go, not Benitez.

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 10:45pm
I kinda feel for him at Madrid because ever since he walked through the door, Ronaldo's been constantly on his case.

At the start I thought not even a Copa Del Rey trophy will save him at the end.

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 1:29pm
Perez has called a press conference for 7.30 tonight (CET).

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Posted By: tonyjaa
Date Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 1:30pm

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 1:36pm
Cool

-------------

Posted By: Killowen Celtic
Date Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 1:51pm
Circus Club.

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 1:52pm
Seems like he will be getting a vote of confidence

Posted By: Croftman
Date Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

A charlatan and a prick. Where ever Robbie is at the minute I hope he is enjoying this
Where's the "prick" part coming from?

-------------
Some people just deserve a slap

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 2:57pm
Still baffles me as to how he managed to get the Real job

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Still baffles me as to how he managed to get the Real job
+1
Surely they knew his normal defensive tactics were always going to be at odds with their reputation for attacking football played by some of the top stars in the game? Really don't understand that appointment myself. Confused

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Seems like he will be getting a vote of confidence

I saw this too.
Apparently Benitez is going on stay on longer but he's very unhappy he cracked under the pressure to play Benzema and Rodriguez over Isco and Casemiro.

Ronaldo has come in for alot of stick from the board aswell.

Posted By: Bitored
Date Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 6:17pm

+1
Surely they knew his normal defensive tactics were always going to be at odds with their reputation for attacking football played by some of the top stars in the game? Really don't understand that appointment myself. Confused
As mad as it sounds who would want it? In the last 3 or 4 years they have chewed through some of the worlds finest managers. Their "fans" turned on Ronaldo last year for going 2 or 3 games without scoring. Its a joke shop of a place and there`s no way as a manager to come out of there with an enhanced reputation.
If you make a balls of it you`re rightly slated and if you win all around you well its "Real" that's the minimum you should be doing.

-------------
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 6:23pm
To be fair to Benitez I thought he was very attack minded with Napoli in Europe last year. They played some excellent football.

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 6:53pm
He's staying LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 7:21pm
TJ will be devestated

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 7:27pm
This is not right.  He was supposed to go. And Mourinho aswell?  Whats with club owners these days?  They've gone soft! Soft I tells ya!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 7:28pm
This guy Guillem Ballague is a complete spoofer. He promised us a sacking and look whats happened!!!

-------------

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 7:31pm
He's the biggest arsehole in football that lad.

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 8:42pm

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

He's the biggest arsehole in football that lad.
Who, Benitez or Ballague?

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

This is not right.  He was supposed to go. And Mourinho aswell?  Whats with club owners these days?  They've gone soft! Soft I tells ya!!!!

TJ's sources badly out of form Cool

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

+1
As mad as it sounds who would want it? In the last 3 or 4 years they have chewed through some of the worlds finest managers. Their "fans" turned on Ronaldo last year for going 2 or 3 games without scoring. Its a joke shop of a place and there`s no way as a manager to come out of there with an enhanced reputation.
If you make a balls of it you`re rightly slated and if you win all around you well its "Real" that's the minimum you should be doing.
So true. Even if you win titles you still get sacked the next day. LOL

The most ridiculous case I remember was Vicente Del Bosque being sacked in 2003, a day or two after winning La Liga, having won either it or the Champions' League in each season he was in charge and with attacking entertaining football. Any other club would be delighted with a record like that and be beating down a path to his door with a new contract for him to sign, but no, that wasn't good enough for Real Madrid! You really couldn't make it up! Confused

As you say, a joke shop of a club. Clown

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Posted By: Steve Amsterdam
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 10:43am
Hard to see Benitez holding out much longer. The club wants results and if they see it's not in the cards this season they'll sack him so they can tell the Socios that they did all they could in time blabla.

No structure in that club for any kind of long term planning or success. As was said, they've done some ridiculous sacking over the last few years. 

Interesting to see who they're going for once Benitez has to go. Similar to the Chelsea & City problems, they've all been using the same high profile managers in the last few years.

-------------
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Interesting to see who they're going for once Benitez has to go. Similar to the Chelsea & City problems, they've all been using the same high profile managers in the last few years.
They wouldnt sign Ronaldinho back in the day because he wasnt pretty enough !!!!

-------------

Posted By: Steve Amsterdam
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

They wouldnt sign Ronaldinho back in the day because he wasnt pretty enough !!!!

I remember hearing that before yeah! Bizarre stuff. 

Zidane most likely candidate I think anyways. Ticks all the boxes. Though he is still holding back in the press saying he's not ready, that's just to be correct and not undermine Benitez.

-------------
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 26 Nov 2015 at 10:20pm
Guilleme Blag

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 2:43pm
Goneski

TJ

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 2:43pm
Meeting with the President again fuelling the rumours hes getting the chop today.

Zidane the alleged replacement.

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 3:35pm
Joke of a club. 

Perez was asked why he sacked Ancellotti about three months ago, he didn't know. 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 3:53pm
Benitez wasn't informed by the club first . Found out through press reports

-------------

Posted By: Gavintheslob
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 6:43pm
Benitez isn't a great manager though

I could see this happening from the moment he was appointed

-------------
Its very frustrating being a Slob

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 7:11pm
GoneClap

The king is sacked. Lets sack the new king.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

GoneClap

The king is sacked. Lets sack the new king.
Goodness they could not sack him when they won 10-2 and had to wait until they dropped points . Hope he gets a massive pay off .

-------------

Posted By: xRedmanLFCx
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 7:38pm
Real are a shambles of a club. Becoming more and more despicable every year. Almost as bad as Chelsea now.

Look at Barcelona - the way a club should be run.

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 8:19pm

Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

+1

So true. Even if you win titles you still get sacked the next day. LOL

The most ridiculous case I remember was Vicente Del Bosque being sacked in 2003, a day or two after winning La Liga, having won either it or the Champions' League in each season he was in charge and with attacking entertaining football. Any other club would be delighted with a record like that and be beating down a path to his door with a new contract for him to sign, but no, that wasn't good enough for Real Madrid! You really couldn't make it up! Confused

As you say, a joke shop of a club. Clown

Just googled Del Bosque 1999 -2003

2000 - champ league
2001 - La Liga
2002 - champ league
2003 - La Liga

A few cups too.....And sacked!

Mental stuff

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 10:08pm
Heynckes won the CL and was sacked also.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 10:10pm
Rafa is gutted 

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 10:20pm
Just read that his Valencia team was also kicked out of the Copa del Rey because of an ineligible player.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

Real are a shambles of a club. Becoming more and more despicable every year. Almost as bad as Chelsea now.

What?????

In debt up to their eyes + struggling to get enough in the bank to pay wages every so often, dodgy tax deals as well, but all will be grand when they kick the president out as the new el presidente will get a few backers to buy a big name and repeat the process, a great model Clap 

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

What?????

In debt up to their eyes + struggling to get enough in the bank to pay wages every so often, dodgy tax deals as well, but all will be grand when they kick the president out as the new el presidente will get a few backers to buy a big name and repeat the process, a great model Clap 

Also the same Barcelona that has just been under a "transfer embargo"

-------------

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2016 at 9:27am
In fairness the same poster also reckons Abramovich is somehow worse than Perez which says it all really.

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2016 at 11:06am
Rafa to Valencia?????

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2016 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Rafa to Valencia?????

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the banner the Valencia fans unfurled thanking him for his time managing them. Not beyond the realms of possibility. Valencia can take their time and see how Gary Neville gets on while quietly feeling out Rafa in the background. If Neville is a roaring success, then happy days. If he isn't, then hello Rafa. 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2016 at 11:25am

Neville has already rather bizarrely said that he does not see his future in management. He's also gotten off to a poor enough start and was a hugely unpopular appointment in the first place. I'd say they'll be keen to get Rafa in at the end of the season.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net