Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=51719
Printed Date: 18 Apr 2024 at 1:59am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: FIFA scandal & Blatter resignation
Posted By: Double Maxim
Subject: FIFA scandal & Blatter resignation
Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 6:09am
http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/27/sports/soccer/fifa-officials-face-corruption-charges-in-us.html&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ei=GlFlVZvvOoOd7gaE34C4AQ&ved=0CBkQqQIwAA&usg=AFQjCNHY307NSMuTseY8FxYjPH2GORqoYw" rel="nofollow - FIFA Officials Arrested on Corruption Charges; Face Extradition to US
New York Times

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Replies:
Posted By: Mulvanystrasse
Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 7:06am
This should be good, a new U.S. attorney general, the Patriot Act and Chuck Blazer's testimony, FIFA have more than met their match.

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 7:12am
Too much to hope the fat cúnt is among them ?

Have always said though if the American's ever get anything on him he'd be fúcked

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 7:14am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Too much to hope the fat cúnt is among them ?

Have always said though if the American's ever get anything on him he'd be fúcked

Not yet but heres hoping.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 7:24am
f**k it not one of those arrested

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 9:26am
Every type of "untouchable" crime, it's always the money that gets them. BE it money laundering, unpaid taxes, great set of laws. 

Still not sure it'll make a blind bit of difference to Friday's vote, or the Russia/Qatar WC's

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 9:36am
Blatter looking to push back the election. He must be sh*tting himself..

-------------

Posted By: erimus
Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 9:39am
Move Along - Nothing to see here

This kind of sums up fifa:
 Jeffrey Webb, a FIFA vice president from the Cayman Islands, is among those detained

-------------
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016

Posted By: newrynyuk
Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 9:48am
Swiss authorities are opening criminal proceedings of thw 2022 World Cup bid.  FIFA press conference at 10:00.  This story might be about to to get lively Smile  Follow it live on:-

http://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2015/may/27/fifa-officials-arrested-on-corruption-charges-live" rel="nofollow - http://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2015/may/27/fifa-officials-arrested-on-corruption-charges-live  

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 9:57am
Would be great if it could have an effect on that sleaze ball, Blatter getting re-elected  and the next 2 world cups but the cynic in me says nothing will happen and they'll get away with it as usual Angry

Denis Irwin's comment about Blatter looking to get the presidential election put back is interesting tho...

We can all hope...

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 10:40am
Murica

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 10:59am
http://twitter.com/MoodySlayerUK/status/603436843225522176/photo/1" rel="nofollow -
http://twitter.com/MoodySlayerUK/status/603436843225522176/photo/1" rel="nofollow">View image on Twitter
https://twitter.com/MoodySlayerUK" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/MoodySlayerUK" rel="nofollow">Европейский комиссар @MoodySlayerUK

Meanwhile, over at https://twitter.com/hashtag/FIFA?src=hash" rel="nofollow - - # - FIFA HQ the archives department are doing some filing.

https://twitter.com/MoodySlayerUK/status/603436843225522176" rel="nofollow - 6:45 AM - 27 May 2015
  • https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?in_reply_to=603436843225522176" rel="nofollow -

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 11:00am
Hopefully it leads to the World Cup being taken off Qatar.

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: BrenC
Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 11:06am
FIFA confirm the election will take place on Friday as planned.  Surely anyone who votes for Blatter now is exposed to a coup in their own FA?  

US Justice Department are the last people ye want after you unless you have Lance Armstrong level connections.  That's what FIFA get for giving Russia the World Cup! 

-------------
Team Emmet

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 11:07am
Well the news was refreshing to wake up to, the yanks arresting someone for corruption is as hypocritical as the Christian brothers complaining about same sex marriage.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 11:08am
Good article in UK Info on the 2 different probes 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/fifa-corruption-arrests-swiss-attorney-generals-statement-on-raids-at-fifas-zurich-headquarters-in-full-10277979.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/fifa-corruption-arrests-swiss-attorney-generals-statement-on-raids-at-fifas-zurich-headquarters-in-full-10277979.html 

-------------
Team Emmet

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 11:16am
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

Move Along - Nothing to see here

This kind of sums up fifa:
<span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: ' Sans', -sans, Helvetica, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial; font-size: 15px; line-height: 22.5px;"> Jeffrey Webb, a FIFA vice president from the Cayman Islands, is among those detained</span>
<span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: ' Sans', -sans, Helvetica, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial; font-size: 15px; line-height: 22.5px;">
</span>
<span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: ' Sans', -sans, Helvetica, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial; font-size: 15px; line-height: 22.5px;">
</span>

He's also head of the FIFA audit committee rather ironically given where he's from

-------------

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 11:41am
God bless 'Murica. Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by BrenC BrenC wrote:

FIFA confirm the election will take place on Friday as planned.  Surely anyone who votes for Blatter now is exposed to a coup in their own FA?  

US Justice Department are the last people ye want after you unless you have Lance Armstrong level connections.  That's what FIFA get for giving Russia the World Cup! 

That would be the case if 200 odd countries were not run by Mini-Blatters who have a stranglehold over their own organisations.

You could probably count on your fingers the amount of Associations that are not run on dictatorships.

The whole system is focked, right down to the regional/local associations and then down to the junior football clubs that prop them up.

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

That would be the case if 200 odd countries were not run by Mini-Blatters who have a stranglehold over their own organisations.

You could probably count on your fingers the amount of Associations that are not run on dictatorships.

The whole system is focked, right down to the regional/local associations and then down to the junior football clubs that prop them up.

Sadly all very true. 

-------------
Team Emmet

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 1:32pm
Bound to be some floating voters among that lot though, who aren't firmly inside Blatter's back pocket, who might be spooked by this morning's arrests and vote for the other guy? Or am I being too optimistic?

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

What we need is Gerard Butler to bring the whole corrupted diseased system down on Blatter's head 'Law Abiding Citizen' style.

Always predicted that the world cup would be taken off Qatar when corruption leaked out.  I was beginning to lose hope but might happen now. Fingers crossed.  I think they would have gotten away with it had Blatter decided to step down like he said after this campaign.  The fact he is going up again has pissed off a lot of people.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 3:14pm
I've been following the Guardians feed all day. 

http://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2015/may/27/fifa-officials-arrested-on-corruption-charges-live

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 3:45pm
Watching Loretta Lynch - the US Attorney General socking it to FIFAClap

-------------

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 3:49pm
It will only be of benefit to the football fan if the finals are taken from Russia and Qatar and given to Germany and a joint bid by Georgia and Armenia.

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 3:52pm
North Korea to be granted the 2022 world cup

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 3:56pm
This is phenomenal. I have goosebumps. Everybody is focked. The Sponsors, the TV companies and most importantly FIFA

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 3:59pm
This is madness.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: the_walls
Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 4:00pm
At the very worst it shows that Sepp Blatter is wildly incompetent. How does he have the neck to still be standing

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 4:02pm
Nike in trouble for sponsoring Brazil

-------------

Posted By: Daragho
Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 4:04pm
This is getting pretty big. 

Just listened to the US Attorney for New York there. Wow.

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 4:08pm
Richard Weber, chief of the IRS criminal investigation, now at the dais.

“This really is the World Cup of fraud,” he says, “and today we are issuing  http://www.theguardian.com/football/fifa" rel="nofollow - Fifa  a red card.”

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 4:13pm
''I'm going to bring the whole corrupted diseased f**king system down on your head Blatter''

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 4:15pm
South Africa paid 10 million in Bribes for the World Cup.
The main sponsors bribed people to maintain the sponsorships. Think of all the long term sponsors.
Brazil officials were bribed by Nike to keep the jersey sponsor.
An AFC Official (Bin Hamman) bribed people in the 2011 elections
The Copa America 2016 in the USA was the result of bribes

Chuck Blazer ratted them all out LOL

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 4:31pm
Well this escalated fairly quickly!

Would want to have some carpet to sweep this under

-------------

ROLL ON 2016

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 4:37pm
Sponsors getting dragged into it is big alright. 

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 4:38pm
Note to self if ever awarding a world cup....give it to the yanks

-------------

ROLL ON 2016

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 4:39pm
I would guess the likes of Adidas were involved in being official ball sponsor for decades. This could be a major implosion. I have no doubts that IF the United States wants to they will uncover irrefutable evidence to strip Russia and Qatar of the World Cups.  My guess is they wont mess with the Russin bid but will pull the whole thing down about Qatar.

World Cup USA 2022 sounds good to meClap

-------------

Posted By: Bo Jackson
Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I would guess the likes of Adidas were involved in being official ball sponsor for decades. This could be a major implosion. I have no doubts that IF the United States wants to they will uncover irrefutable evidence to strip Russia and Qatar of the World Cups.  My guess is they wont mess with the Russin bid but will pull the whole thing down about Qatar.

World Cup USA 2022 sounds good to meClap

It always has Clap

-------------
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 4:58pm
USA! USA! USA! USA!

God Bless America!

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 6:07pm
May God bless the United States of America

Always knew it would have to be the Yanks to take them down

-------------

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 6:19pm
Great bunch of lads

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 6:29pm
UEFA want election postponed

-------------

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 6:32pm
Sure, they didn't find wmds in Middle East so may as well take on FIFA

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 6:38pm
Plenty of the others will be sh*tting themselves. You can guarantee those lads arrested will be offered plea bargains to name names

-------------

Posted By: Just saying like
Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 6:42pm
I wonder how a few verses of Joe McDonnell would go down in San Quentin?

-------------
I don't know what more we can do in terms of being open and transparent - John Delaney

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 6:44pm
UEFA have said they may boycott the FIFA congress

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 6:46pm
Blatter told by the Swiss authorities he cannot leave Switzerland until further notice   

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 6:54pm
How ironic that it is the Americans who are saving "soccer" in their pursuit of corrupt officials

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 6:59pm
John Delaney on the news 👏👏 an irony free zone

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 7:09pm
This is starting to remind of the excellent film Mississipi Burning.

Willem Dafoe's 'by the book' approach FBI agent getting nowhere until Gene Hackman brings in his own lads in to wipe the floor with the those KKK shams

Must watch that again.

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Willem Dafoe's 'by the book' approach FBI agent getting nowhere until Gene Hackman brings in his own lads in to wipe the floor with the those KKK shams

Must watch that again.

Great flick.  HAckman knows best. Throw the book out the window.

-------------

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 7:27pm
The fact that absolutely vile **** Jack Warner has been got makes me happy Clap

No swiss fifa employee allowed to leave Switzerland without permission so the Blubber has to remain as well LOLClap

The yanks will have loads on them, sure just look back to how Fox and some spanish speaking tv station where awarded the rights to the next few world cups with no bidding process back in Jan or Feb, if that alone isnt enough to sink the fkrs then I'm sure there's loads more out there as outlined by the attorney general today

Wonder who Warner is gonna threaten to sue now or who is gonna be the recipient of his spit today 

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 7:28pm

Must watch that again.

Great flick.  HAckman knows best. Throw the book out the window.

I remember the auld boy roaring laughing when Hackman grabs your man who's threatening him by the balls

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 7:37pm
FIFA chief Sepp Blatter says misconduct "has no place in football and we will ensure that those who engage in it are put out of the game".

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/603624294581669888" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/603624294581669888

Starting with yourself then Sepp ?

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 7:44pm

Little Jack Warner
Sat in the corner,
Eating his Humble pie;
But he put in his thumb,
And pulled out a sum,
And said, "What a clever boy am I!"

-------------

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 8:09pm
Septic hasn't been in the US for four years for fears of getting arrested, says it all

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 8:48pm
Cover for next season's FIFA released

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Septic hasn't been in the US for four years for fears of getting arrested, says it all

sh*t either have I :)

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 9:01pm
Is the exposure of FIFAs corruption Bills first miracle??

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 9:05pm
Apparently the Feds can only investigate corruption if the money passed through American banks.

They cant just invade Cuckooland and arrest people like Iraq etc.

The Swissers have to agree to extradition.

Adidas are claiming innocence and they probably are since ISL went bust !

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Is the exposure of FIFAs corruption Bills first miracle??

St. Bill

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 10:04pm
Warner surrendered to the cops in Trinidad & Tobago apparently Clap

Also see the Fifa ethics committee have suspended him, his **** brother and most of the others involved in this case  (though thought Warner and bro had been banned anyway but apparently not)

edit post
Really shouldnt rely on yank twitter feeds, apparently he's since been granted $2.5mil bail and surrendered his passport, Fraud squad after him is the rumour

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 10:06pm
Front page of tomorrow's Libération

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 10:15pm
Who ratted on them ?

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Also see the Fifa ethics committee have suspended him, his **** brother and most of the others invovled in this case

"Ethics" committee still see no problem with Septic though.....

-------------

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Who ratted on them ?
Some dude called Chuck😎😎

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Who ratted on them ?

Chuck Blazer

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 10:21pm
He was pulled a few years ago on tax evasion while heading to dinner on his mobility scooter. He declared no income from 92-98 in the U.S. He also owns 2 apartments in trump towers, 1 for him and 1 for his cats.
Chuck Blazer 👏👏👏

How are his cats?

-------------

An apartment for his cats ?

-------------

Posted By: sid waddell

Also see the Fifa ethics committee have suspended him, his **** brother and most of the others invovled in this case

"The FIFA Ethics Committee" LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

-------------
Edited by Trigboy 10 at 10:03pm

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 10:23pm

Course not sure he set the fkn thing up LOL

I see the North Koreans have launched crippling economic sanctions on USA and Switzerland for attempting to take down FIFA ( I so hope that twitter page is not a fake LOL)

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 10:25pm
The FIFA ethics Committee.  What next?  The NAZI human rights committee?

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 10:26pm

The FIFA ethics Committee.  What next?  The NAZI human rights committee?

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 10:30pm
Chuck Norris was due a comeback

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 10:54pm

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 10:59pm
They'll be all rushing to turn whistleblower over the next few months, like Chuck Blazer did. With them all being fairly old, the only option they will have is to rat out their mates or spend the rest of their lives in a US Prison. The game is up.

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 11:05pm
I'd say there's plenty of lads who weren't lifted who had their last peaceful night of sleep last night without realising it

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 11:21pm
Greg Dyke seems to be indirectly suggesting that the possibility of a breakaway. Said this is the Endgame and Blatter needs to be defeated at th ballot box, resign or something else needs to be done. That to me would suggests a breakaway might be on the cards

-------------

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 28 May 2015 at 12:13am
Was just discussing this earlier. It would be interesting to see what would happen with non-European players though - FIFA would be bollixed, because they couldn't exactly ban them from playing for their national teams without seriously pissing the actual national organisations.

A breakaway, a period of chaos (perhaps a missed World Cup, perhaps just a threat of it, perhaps a World Cup without European teams), and a settlement that gives significantly greater power to Europe.

It's ridiculous that St Kitts and Nevis have the same sway as Spain, that Djibouti has the same jurisdiction as Germany, that Eritrea are the equals of England or that Papua New Guinea is as protected as Portugal.

God, I'd love UEFA to pull out of FIFA en masse.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 May 2015 at 12:33am
Why is it ridiculous that all the nations of the world be treated equally? Greg Dyke and the FA are in no position to judge anything, seeing the power him and one of his associate boys like Boyce have within the game.

how is giving greater power to Europe going to help? They do such a fine job in UEFA. The lesser of two evils but evil nonetheless. This is a chance for a fresh start

-------------

Date Posted: 28 May 2015 at 1:22am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Was just discussing this earlier. It would be interesting to see what would happen with non-European players though - FIFA would be bollixed, because they couldn't exactly ban them from playing for their national teams without seriously pissing the actual national organisations.

A breakaway, a period of chaos (perhaps a missed World Cup, perhaps just a threat of it, perhaps a World Cup without European teams), and a settlement that gives significantly greater power to Europe.

It's ridiculous that St Kitts and Nevis have the same sway as Spain, that Djibouti has the same jurisdiction as Germany, that Eritrea are the equals of England or that Papua New Guinea is as protected as Portugal.

Agreed. This is why FIFA cannot continue. A major ploy of Blatter and now Platini was to sweeten all the ropey nations for votes. If you spend 100k on an astrofurf pitch in Djibouti and then hand the contract over the Mr Djibouti, you get your vote. Then there was the continuation of stripping World Cup Spots from Europe to sweeten up the Africans and Asians.

Platini is getting his votes from the lesser European countries for ruining the European Championship with the expansion. He ruined the Europa League too. So much that teams are allegedly losing games to avoid it.

Its Europe that brings in the wonga from TV money and advertising, yet it is the likes of the Caymen Islands FA and Togo that get "elected" to run the game.

The only way to escape this farcical system is for the people with the financial power to say goodbye because the Napalese FA and the FA of Tajikistan ain't gonna vote away their gravy train.

Posted By: sid waddell
Date Posted: 28 May 2015 at 1:26am
I've 100% confidence in President Joseph S. Blatter. With the help of FIFA's Ethics Committee, who take their job extremely seriously, he will root out the corrupt and return our game to the people. This is a cheap shot from the FBI. 

Let's rally behind our President. He will win re-election yet again, and all the naysayers can go and commit suicide. He is a man that truly has football's best interests at heart. 

-------------
Edited by Trigboy 10 at 10:03pm

Date Posted: 28 May 2015 at 2:27am
The head of the football associations of these banana republics are ruining the game, so step aside Mr.Delaney

-------------

Date Posted: 28 May 2015 at 4:52am

http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/28/former-fifa-kingpin-jack-warner-spends-night-in-jail-after-corruption-arrest&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ei=2pBmVZjZM7OP7AaltYOgAg&ved=0CCIQqQIwAQ&usg=AFQjCNHAL9uX1x9kZT1zPHDCuupUp1dMFw" rel="nofollow - Former Fifa kingpin Jack Warner spends night in jail after corruption arrest
The Guardian

-------------

Date Posted: 28 May 2015 at 7:34am
http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://news.sky.com/story/1491860/sponsors-concerned-by-fifa-corruption-scandal&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ei=urZmVYLjJtGI7AbGtIC4CQ&ved=0CCQQqQIwAA&usg=AFQjCNG1ZhyB0D6rUq1Ectj_kNN0jbTqYA" rel="nofollow - Sponsors Concerned By FIFA Corruption Scandal
Sky News -

-------------

Date Posted: 28 May 2015 at 8:25am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

That's the problem with democracy; everybody having a vote and each vote carrying the same weight.

How would you like it if, in a general election, a millionaire's vote counted twice as much as yours?

Date Posted: 28 May 2015 at 8:31am
Sepp not attending the FIFA medical conference today because he needs to take control of the situation and show leadership

-------------

Posted By: fochie
Date Posted: 28 May 2015 at 8:52am
1 vote per continent.

Posted By: Daragho
Date Posted: 28 May 2015 at 9:15am
Today's editorial in the Guardian.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/may/27/guardian-view-on-fifa-arrests-football-game-changer

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 28 May 2015 at 10:25am
Originally posted by fochie fochie wrote:

1 vote per continent.

UEFA and Conmebol will still be out voted.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 28 May 2015 at 10:38am
Visa saying that if FIFA don't change their ways they'll pull the plug on their sponsorship. 

Date Posted: 28 May 2015 at 10:39am
Would the Swiss be likely to extradite them to the U.S? Be co-operative?

-------------

Posted By: Ballycastle
Date Posted: 28 May 2015 at 10:42am
Great interview debate on Rte radio one now

Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 28 May 2015 at 10:42am
I don't see why not. I think everyone who has previously held ties with FIFA are gonna jump ship and jump ship fast from Blatter. His days are numbered now

Date Posted: 28 May 2015 at 10:46am
I just thought extradition practices can be complicated at times even between countries on good relations with each other.

Blatter still isn't directly implicated so hopefully one of the charged will do just that.

-------------

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 28 May 2015 at 11:19am
Do you really think the Swiss and the US are operating separately? Yesterdays arrests were a joint affair.

The ultimate goal for the Americans is to embarrass Russia for its actions in recent years... to put them back in their box so to speak. Their main aim in my mind is to unearth evidence which results in Russia being stripped as hosts of the 2018 World Cup.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 28 May 2015 at 11:31am
Would ye go way out of that Coleman doubt the Americans could give 2 f**ks about the Russians having the WC.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 May 2015 at 11:43am

I just thought extradition practices can be complicated at times even between countries on good relations with each other.

Blatter still isn't directly implicated so hopefully one of the charged will do just that.

Swiss are playing ball with US and international community a lot more these days.  Got rid of lots of bank secrecy laws as well.  

-------------
Team Emmet

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net