Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=51576
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 12:20am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: U2 - Point Depot - Dec 2015
Posted By: ABFC
Subject: U2 - Point Depot - Dec 2015
Date Posted: 04 May 2015 at 2:45pm
It seems the Republic of Ireland's biggest band U2 will be playing the Point Depot this December. I can imagine tickets will be absolute goldust. Any of the Ybig brothers going to try and go?

Replies:
Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 04 May 2015 at 2:50pm
No.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 04 May 2015 at 2:51pm
Yes

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 04 May 2015 at 3:02pm
Surely this will get bumped up to a much bigger venue

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Date Posted: 04 May 2015 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

bono's anus?

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Bo Jackson
Date Posted: 04 May 2015 at 3:09pm

They're not playing stadiums for this tour I think. Imagine they'll put on more nights.

-------------
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!

Date Posted: 04 May 2015 at 3:10pm

No. They'll do about 8 nights in the Point

Date Posted: 04 May 2015 at 3:36pm
Ah sound lads did not know they were keeping it to smaller venues

-------------

Posted By: Richmond Ultra
Date Posted: 04 May 2015 at 3:49pm
It will be a "beautiful day" when they're in the 3 Arena.

-------------
Omnia Causa Fiunt

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 04 May 2015 at 4:51pm
There will be plenty without tickets for this, even up to the date of the gig. They'll be all "I still haven't found what I'm looking for". Probably be some couples of whom only one will have a ticket and they'll be like, well, I'm going in "with or without you". Then the other one will ask for a hug and lie, saying "All I want is you", while they rob the ticket from the back pocket. Then the "One" robbed will be like, whatever, I'll listen to the album, it'll be "Even better than the real thing".

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2015 at 5:00pm
Ah Dave, you're so cruel.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: sid waddell
Date Posted: 11 May 2015 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

There will be plenty without tickets for this, even up to the date of the gig. They'll be all "I still haven't found what I'm looking for". Probably be some couples of whom only one will have a ticket and they'll be like, well, I'm going in "with or without you". Then the other one will ask for a hug and lie, saying "All I want is you", while they rob the ticket from the back pocket. Then the "One" robbed will be like, whatever, I'll listen to the album, it'll be "Even better than the real thing".
Surely the one without a ticket will say to the other one "go on in now, and when I get a ticket, I will follow". 

-------------
Edited by Trigboy 10 at 10:03pm

Date Posted: 11 May 2015 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Surely the one without a ticket will say to the other one "go on in now, and when I get a ticket, I will follow". 

It took you a week to come up with that?

Date Posted: 11 May 2015 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by ABFC ABFC wrote:

It took you a week to come up with that?
No, I was litening to some old 1980s U2 B-sides on YouTube over the last hour and searched to see if there was a thread about them here. 

It took me roughly 10 seconds to come up with pun.

-------------

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 11 May 2015 at 9:02pm
But it only takes a second to say goodbye :).

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 11 May 2015 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

You're like a fly on the wall.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 11 May 2015 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

You're like a fly on the wall.

True us flies move in mysterious ways.

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 11 May 2015 at 11:16pm
U2 - i) musical greats or ii) charlatans*? 

Opinions? 

I'm in camp i).

*Not the Manchester band.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2015 at 11:22pm
Sid you are the only I know that thinks that. Although its not impossible that a north country boy like Antrim man totally disagrees with you. Although he is a weirdo. :)

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 11 May 2015 at 11:29pm
The charlatans

U2

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2015 at 11:30pm

Sid you are the only I know that thinks that. Although its not impossible that a north country boy like Antrim man totally disagrees with you. Although he is a weirdo. :)
Please clarify your gramatically incorrect post. 

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2015 at 11:42pm
Ha ha

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 11 May 2015 at 11:54pm
Hadn't heard this for about 25 years before today when I stumbled across it on YouTube. What a tune, the sound of a hundred mid to late 80s European football and cycling review segments on Sports Stadium*. I can just hear Jimmy Magee commentating on Sean Kelly racing furiously past his two minute man on the Clonmel-Carrick-on-Suir time trial in the Nissan Classic over it. Also brings back great memories of Sky Channel's Dutch football coverage in 1987, one of my formative football experiences and when I was introduced to Ruud Gullit and Marco van Basten.

U2 - Boomerang

*Along with A-Ha's "The Sun Always Shines On TV".

-------------

Date Posted: 12 May 2015 at 12:22am
A-ha👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 12:37am
Like Ulysees for literature nerds, I find myself continually coming back to U2's back catalogue lately. 

Glastonbury started tonight and I had a listen back to U2's set from the world's premier music festival from 2011. 

Despite making a series a series of sarky comments on rival forums and Twitter at the time about how poor it was, in a Ruth Dudley Edwards revisionist manner I now think it was a truly superb set, filled with the sort of energy and aggression more typical of men 30 years younger.

Achtung Baby is quite possibly the greatest album of all time.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 12:47am
Opened up with a series of songs from achtung baby. Cracking opening to the set.

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 12:50am
Achtung Baby is indeed an absolute classic Clap

-------------
You don't know Bo?

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 12:52am

Opened up with a series of songs from achtung baby. Cracking opening to the set.
The opening with "Even Better Than The Real Thing" was particularly good.

I may even have a listen to their more recent sh*t albums as a result of all this.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 1:02am
Yes the drum intro to it was good, worked far better live than the actual intro itself Thumbs Up

-------------
You don't know Bo?

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 1:06am
September 1, 2001. 

I attended the following:

i) Eire v Holland at Lansdowne Road.
iii) U2 live at Slane.

Beat that.

-------------

Posted By: eire77
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 1:39am

September 1, 2001. 

iii) U2 live at Slane.

Beat that.

Where did you go in between?

-------------
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 1:56am
Originally posted by eire77 eire77 wrote:

September 1, 2001. 

iii) U2 live at Slane.

Beat that.

Where did you go in between?
Yes, I realised soon after posting that somebody would pull me up on that mistake.

I got a lift from my very obliging father after the match. Forum member Trap Junior was also in the car. I stopped to buy six cans of Druids cider at an off-licence in Swords (we went via Drogheda) and somehow drank four of them in the car between Swords and two miles outside Slane, where I was dropped off. Trap Junior attended neither event. That night I slept in the car of somebody I never met. The whole day was very enjoyable, really.

I bought my ticket from an acquaintance for £100 that morning. About six of us then went to the Isaac Butt opposite Busaras to drink while watching Australia play New Zealand in a rugby union football match. While watching this match one of my acquaintances realised he had lost his ticket for U2. He eventually dialled the operator and got through to the Dublin Bus lost property office. Incredibly his ticket had been handed in by a driver who was on his last run before heading to Lansdowne. After this I engaged in Kerry-style cute hoor banter with Dutch fans who were drinking in the pub and convinced them they'd win 3-1 and that Richard Dunne was literally unable to kick the ball properly. I maintain to this day that this contributed to a false sense of security amongst the Dutch and contributed to the Eirish win.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 2:29am
Incredibly, that post makes more sense than many others on here tonight

-------------

Posted By: boywonder
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 10:51am
When are tickets going on sale for these gigs

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 2:07pm
Tickets for the concert in Belfast secured they don't go on sale till Monday but have learnt over last few months they can sell the disabled tickets before hand

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Tickets for the concert in Belfast secured they don't go on sale till Monday but have learnt over last few months they can sell the disabled tickets before hand

Clap grand job, although I panicked for a second when you said you got them secured before i finished reading the post! LOL

-------------
You don't know Bo?

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

Clap grand job, although I panicked for a second when you said you got them secured before i finished reading the post! LOL

Good luck to anyone trying to get them on Monday morning. Can only be purchased online or at the venue box office and limited to 2 per person. Happy to not have to worry about that, also tickets for Belfast worked out a lot cheaper even paying on the money

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 6:18pm
Tickets got yesterday morning for the Tuesday night

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 8:34pm
whats the story lads with tickets, brother asked me if I could get him tickets as he is currently in Austrialia but I will be in transit at Monday morning and wont get to a computer ?

How are you getting tickets ?

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: brianie
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 8:36pm

How?

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

How?

Assume he got a code for the presale that was held yesterday. We got ours today by ringing ticketmaster. After missing out on disabled tickets for the script concert earlier this year we learnt that ticketmaster are able to issue disabled tickets before the official on sale date. Thats now ac/dc and u2 we have managed to get tickets for before the official on sale time

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 9:43pm
Just looking at the stage layout for both the Belfast and dublin concerts it seems they have had to do some serious changes to the stage layout in order to fit it into the 3 arena. Belfast will have the same stage as has been used throughout the tour

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 9:47pm
I take it the tickets are for somebody disabled ?

-------------
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

I take it the tickets are for somebody disabled ?

Yeah me and the brother going

-------------

Posted By: Tippbiffo
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 10:28pm
Serious demand for these tickets...Monday meltdown here we com

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by Tippbiffo Tippbiffo wrote:

Serious demand for these tickets...Monday meltdown here we com

Was always going to happen especially with the gigs being in indoor arenas with low capacity. Can almost guarantee ticketmaster system to crash Monday morning especially since tickets can only be bought online

If I was to guess I'd say they be back here next year for a couple of shows in croke park

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 2:17am
Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

How?

I joined the supporters club many moons ago and as a result I get access to to tickets ahead of others.

Got code on Wed night for sale on Thursday morning.

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 11:57am
Don't think its a fair system that those in supporters clubs get priority, what about us independent loyal u2 fans?

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 12:06pm
Got sorted for 2.There will be f**king uproar all day Monday about these gigs.

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Don't think its a fair system that those in supporters clubs get priority, what about us independent loyal u2 fans?

The supporters' club fans pay money on top of the ticket cost, whereas it's not like the independent fans ever give U2 anything above buying the odd ticket.

Exactly the same as the FAI, where a supporters' club can have 30 members and 12 season tickets, and get as many away tickets as they want, and independent fans who don't have seaso.... oh wait.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 3:43pm

Should I spent the next 2 weeks devising a scheme ?

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 8:19pm

Should I spent the next 2 weeks devising a scheme ?
Yeh, maybe you can call it Class of 1980, Boy that would be some nameCool

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 10:10pm
Must be War on their websites?

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Date Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 10:26pm

Must be War on their websites?

Na its all Bad Tom, think they realise that sometimes you cant make it on your own.

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 9:44am
No joy Ouch

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: eire32
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 9:54am
Got Sorted for the Belfast show on the phone line!
The app is still searching for Dublin

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 9:57am
Got two for the last show in Dublin Cool

-------------
You don't know Bo?

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 9:58am
I still haven't found what I'm looking for, because, like U2 themselves, the tickets sold out long ago.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 10:12am
2 for the Monday NightHug

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Posted By: ontheball
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 10:19am
I have just given up, no luck, sh*te.  I wonder is there anyone that we all know that has a personal allocation of a few hundreds tickets!!!!

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 10:22am
The missus got 2 tickets. Delighted.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: liam_in_germany
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 10:26am
Just got two for belfast a second ago. Still going up there

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 10:27am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

No joy Ouch

Keep at it. Still there

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 10:38am
Forgot all about this

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 10:44am
Still tickets showing up for Belfast

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 10:46am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

The missus got 2 tickets. Delighted.

Who is she bringing :)

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 10:50am
Just got one more for belfast no hassle

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 10:52am
Loads still available for Belfast it appears

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 10:52am
Went on ticketmaster to see whats available in Belfast. 2 x £170 plus fee tickets came up. Thanks but no thanks   

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 11:10am
We going to the Thursday gig in Belfast still seems to be standing tickets still available for Belfast as friend just after saying he got them for the Wednesday night

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 11:17am
Must have been huge demand for the last one on Saturday in Dublin considering the weekend, not that surprised there's a few around for other shows

-------------
You don't know Bo?

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 11:18am
I love "news" stories like this. 

Media have their headlines ready, waiting for the inevitable SOLD OUT signs to appear, within, oh, one minute. And even if it doesn't sell out, they'll still say SOLD OUT, as fact checking isn't very important in a brainless piece of sh*t of a story like this.

Pre-written tabloid headlines are put out.
"Thousands of U2 fans Still Haven't Found What They're Looking For"
"Gone - U2 tickets sell out in Seconds"
"With or Without U(2 tickets)"
"Monday Bloody Monday for ticketless U2 fans"
"Waiting in Ticketmaster queue felt like Running To Stand Still, says U2 fan"
"Beautiful Day for U2 fans"
"Fans brave Bad weather to camp out overnight for tickets"
"Ticketmaster website moves in Mysterious Ways as fans miss out"

Photographers are down at the Point Depot to photograph those brave and dedicated fans (ie. oddballs and attention seekers) who have queued out, as they get their tickets.

Utter t**sers are all over the INTERNET to announce that they've got tickets, preferably by taking a screenshot, or even better (than the real thing), maybe they've already printed out their tickets and have photographed them and uploaded them to multiple social media platforms.

Other utter t**sers like me try to ridicule the whole thing, making obviously sarcastic, try hard comments on the INTERNET. Even bigger t**sers then respond to these comments, oblivious that they are being made ironically. And this from fans of a group who pride themselves on "irony".

People moan on the INTERNET that they couldn't get tickets, calling it "a disgrace", although nobody is quite sure exactly who or what the "disgrace" is.

The same people ring up Liveline to complain.

Joe has a chat with Harry Crosbie on Liveline. Joe is great friends with Harry, and sure it's all great publicity.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 11:20am
Wednesday night still popping up. 160quid tickets is shocking

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by eire32 eire32 wrote:

If there were not 160 tickets there would not be 30 Euro tickets.

They could price them all at 90 Euro for example but they decided to have four different pricing levels.

The thing is the market could probably sustain them charging 300 Euro per ticket. And some have said they should have done so and given more than 2m per show charity!   So you can't win really.

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 12:05pm

They could pricr them all at 90 Euro for example but they decided to have four different pricing levels.

There £160 though which is about €220 which is mad money for a ticket to a concert but people are obviously willing to pay it.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 12:13pm

They could pricr them all at 90 Euro for example but they decided to have four different pricing levels.

There £160 though which is about €220 which is mad money for a ticket to a concert but people are obviously willing to pay it.

The point is the same the expensive tickets compensate for the cheaper tickets.

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 12:20pm

Media have their headlines ready, waiting for the inevitable SOLD OUT signs to appear, within, oh, one minute. And even if it doesn't sell out, they'll still say SOLD OUT, as fact checking isn't very important in a brainless piece of sh*t of a story like this.

Photographers are down at the Point Depot to photograph those brave and dedicated fans (ie. oddballs and attention seekers) who have queued out, as they get their tickets.

Utter t**sers are all over the INTERNET to announce that they've got tickets, preferably by taking a screenshot, or even better (than the real thing), maybe they've already printed out their tickets and have photographed them and uploaded them to multiple social media platforms.

Other utter t**sers like me try to ridicule the whole thing, making obviously sarcastic, try hard comments on the INTERNET. Even bigger t**sers then respond to these comments, oblivious that they are being made ironically. And this from fans of a group who pride themselves on "irony".

People moan on the INTERNET that they couldn't get tickets, calling it "a disgrace", although nobody is quite sure exactly who or what the "disgrace" is.

Joe has a chat with Harry Crosbie on Liveline. Joe is great friends with Harry, and sure it's all great publicity.
So what you are trying to say Sid is that you were also unsuccessful and have not found the tickets you were looking for

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 12:40pm

So what you are trying to say Sid is that you were also unsuccessful and have not found the tickets you were looking for
It's not the End Of The World. 

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 12:45pm

Well you do know that the show will go on with or without you

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 12:46pm

Well you do know that the show will go on with or without you
I'm sure they'll survive A Day Without Me.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 12:55pm
If you don't go i will follow your lead

-------------

Posted By: roverstillidie
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 1:10pm
Have some Pride lads.

-------------
He is Karl Pilkington in the LOI section and Karl Marx outwith it

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 1:14pm
I am just going to get a slab of cans and bang on a U2 dvd that's even better than the real thing

-------------

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 7:20pm
2 for the Tuesday sorted earlier

Posted By: Paulie
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 9:11pm
I'm after a ticket for any one of the 4 nights on the off chance someone has one spare.

Posted By: Tippbiffo
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

I'm after a ticket for any one of the 4 nights on the off chance someone has one spare.
if ye keep trying on the Ticketmaster app the odd single ticket pops up for offer. These are for the upper tiers and are for €191 plus booking fee. Keep at it. Try Monday night. Good luck

Posted By: kimbap
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 9:46pm
Just went on ticketmaster there,there are tickets available for Belfast 175.50 (pounds) total

Posted By: Paulie
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 9:55pm
Thanks lads but that's too much to pay. I'd pay 80 or 90 euros but that's it.

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

Just went on ticketmaster there,there are tickets available for Belfast 175.50 (pounds) total

fukin hell where are the seats ? on stage

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 11:06pm
Yeah,it's crazy money,I'm a massive U2 fan and have seen them a few times in Ireland and abroad but no way would i pay that.

Posted By: Colum
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 11:09pm

Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

fukin hell where are the seats ? on stage

Whatever you do, don't look at the VIP Travel Package tickets. Includes a night in hotel and shuttle to and from gig and pregig drinks but the best bit is the separate VIP entrance...£777.50 and can only be bought in pairs.

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 11:22pm
first set of tickets I found were €70 limited view in the upper tier Dead thank god I had the sense to reject them and wait for something better, ended up with €100 tickets in the end but a decent view (i hope)

-------------
You don't know Bo?

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 11:42pm
Loads showing up for the Wednesday night show in Belfast.
Few popping up for monday in Dublin also.

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 11:49pm

Loads showing up for the Wednesday night show in Belfast.
Few popping up for monday in Dublin also.

Seemed to be alot of confusion over ticket limits and the paperless system for GA tickets so would say could see more tickets online due to them being cancelled

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 10:05am
Do these prices include tax?

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2015 at 11:41pm
They were superb tonight in London. Noel Gallagher came on stage at the end to play a few tunes with the lads

ye are in for a treat next month.

-------------

Posted By: An Tiobraideach
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 1:39am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

They were superb tonight in London. Noel Gallagher came on stage at the end to play a few tunes with the lads

I read somewhere that Bono was doing his usual Bono stuff-showin pictures of the migrants on the big screens behind him and sayin stuff like "This is what is happening in the world today"....etc.etc.etc.Did that not annoy you?
My opinion of that is that fans are going to a concert to see their favourite band perform,and nothing else.

I like a lot of U2 songs,but Bono really sickens me sometimes.
Even the AIDS charities didn't want him involved with their organisations anymore,because he was actually putting people off donating because of his constant preaching and acting like a world leader.

-------------
His last fond wish had been fulfilled to lie in his native land,and the wild waves roll in peace again on the lonely Banna Strand.

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 10:13am
Originally posted by An Tiobraideach An Tiobraideach wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

I read somewhere that Bono was doing his usual Bono stuff-showin pictures of the migrants on the big screens behind him and sayin stuff like "This is what is happening in the world today"....etc.etc.etc.Did that not annoy you?
My opinion of that is that fans are going to a concert to see their favourite band perform,and nothing else.

I like a lot of U2 songs,but Bono really sickens me sometimes.
Even the AIDS charities didn't want him involved with their organisations anymore,because he was actually putting people off donating because of his constant preaching and acting like a world leader.

That's nothing new. They've been doing that for 20 years. During the very successful Zoo TV tour, they went as far removed from the concept of that tour as possible by showing a live feed of footage from Bosnia during the War in the early 90's. Some appreciated the meaning behind it, others didn't. It eventually culminated in U2 performing a concert in their next tour in Sarajevo, something lauded by many Bosnians.

I'm not sure about the AID's charities point you make, he has own advocacy group that he focuses on. Confused

I'm not saying I'd appreciate a change of momentum from the concert next month. I want to hear the music too! But its will only be a few minutes, I think the band have earned the right to do whatever they like during the concert. If no one was listening then they wouldn't be doing it.

-------------
You don't know Bo?

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 10:51am
Source for that AIDS charity claim?

Posted By: seaniemac
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 11:15am
Was at it last night in London, excellent show. Saw them in Slane back in 2001 (the day of McAteer's goal against Holland) and also saw them in Croker in 2005 but last night was the best of the the three shows. Patti Smith joined them on stage for the final song too.

Agree with Bo Jackson, Bono talking about human rights and suffering has always been part of their show so if you're giving out about something you know is going to happen, you probably shouldn't go in the first place.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net