Any good songs/chants yet?

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Replies:
Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 7:56am
What are their colours?

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 8:36am
Green and White, home ground is Blackrocks Rugby ground.

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 8:36am
Schoolboy teams wear white jerseys,green nicks

-------------

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 10:07am
I'd imagine it will be like Leinster rugbys really thoughtful chant of Leinster, Leinster and instead be Cabo, Cabo ad naseum...Raging though I'm away for our two away games there

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 10:27am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Have these boys signed anyone yet?
Any good songs/chants yet?

They're scouring the top two divisions of the LSL for players.
Resistence has been reported.

Posted By: Stillhuntinghenry
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 11:08am
Are they going to be paying their players ?

-------------
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

Are they going to be paying their players ?

All amateur players as far as I know (I forget where I read it)

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 11:28am
They will struggle to get players I imagine. Is there much paying of players in the LSL

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 12:10pm
Surely some players will actually leave them as they are happy playing local and don't want to travel to Finn park, wexford and Cobh.

Surely mervue or salthill would be better equipped saying they have done it before.

The whole thing is a joke, if those sheep shagging feckers in ballybofey can't get up this season theyll never get up

-------------

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 12:19pm
I dunno, there's bound to be some players in LSL who want to try their hand at a higher level. Dublin is such a big city there's bound to be some very good amateur players

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 12:46pm
But is there much under the table money in the LSl?

-------------

Posted By: billyoung
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 12:53pm
Well you have for instance at my local clubs first team (lucan utd) the likes of steven bradley,graham gartland,graham barrett and mark kinsella.doubt very much if an amateur first div outfit would be attracting anything of that standard,and i'd imagine there are ex loi and home from abroad players at every junior club who wouldnt be interested in playing for nothing and having to cover the miles to harps cobh etc.wish them luck but i dont see where theyll get good enough lads to play amateur.

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

But is there much under the table money in the LSl?

Yes

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 1:46pm
They signed three lads from Cherry Orchard yesterday

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Is that confirmed ?
It wasnt approved by Friday and had to be done by yesterday (31st).

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Is that confirmed ?

The transfer deadline of the league you're moving to is what applies, LOI deadline hasnt occured yet

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Is that confirmed ?
The transfer deadline of the league you're moving to is what applies, LOI deadline hasnt occured yet

Ah ok.
Maybe it was their replacements that the Orchard had to sign by yesterday.

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 4:59pm

Surely some players will actually leave them as they are happy playing local and don't want to travel to Finn park, wexford and Cobh.

Surely mervue or salthill would be better equipped saying they have done it before.

The whole thing is a joke, if those sheep shagging feckers in ballybofey can't get up this season theyll never get up
And replace the knuckledraggers from the dogtrack along the way the way things are shaping up for yeLOL Even if we don't at least we run the club the right wayThumbs Up

Posted By: JUICEBOMB
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 5:00pm
Signed a goalkeeper from St malachys premier c side in aul......the lad is an ex dublin minor keeper.

-------------
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

And replace the knuckledraggers from the dogtrack along the way the way things are shaping up for yeLOL Even if we don't at least we run the club the right wayThumbs Up

Run the club the right way you've been in the first for ten years, play in a spud field, pay less than local junior sides, been bust a few times and in the words of the raider "you've got no fans !"

A right model of success right enough.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 5:26pm
We're moving into a new ground, club does great work in the community and we live within our means since we dropped out of PL...We don't do double contracts and didn'r actually go bust and have to start again like a neighbouring club

Posted By: smart man
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 10:31pm
thebronze14. Agree with you Harps have stayed the coarse. The League would be a lot worst off with out Harps. Although the new ground is a long time coming.

-------------
alive and kicking

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by smart man smart man wrote:

thebronze14. Agree with you Harps have stayed the coarse. The League would be a lot worst off with out Harps. Although the new ground is a long time coming.
Yeah it's been a long time alright, waiting for grants and what not but it's well up now. I'd say we'll be there season after next. Will be very sad leaving Finn Park though...can't beat the old stadiums!

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 8:31am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

We're moving into a new ground, club does great work in the community and we live within our means since we dropped out of PL...We don't do double contracts and didn'r actually go bust and have to start again like a neighbouring club

But I'm not the one on here slabbering that Derry are a great club. However we do live within our means, we are a full time club, we produce the majority of our own players (and quite a few of yours), we get bigger crowds, play a division higher and regularly move players onto the professional game in Britain .

There really is no comparison, you will always be our little sheep shagging, spud picking, barnbrac eating, Daniel-loving neighbours.

...in saying that I'd love ye's back in the prem   

-------------

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 8:57am
Why have derry sold/not retained most their decent players and have a rag tag squad for this year so? Most would have ye amongst the teams likely to be at the bottom and probably out of all the premier clubs you've had the worst break and are in the biggest best

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 10:41am
Getting at other teams for their crowds in the LOI is a case of pot, kettle, black. We've been in the mire for a while now so that explains poor attendences. To be honest Derry's appears like it is dwindling as well. Saw the crowd ye brought to the cup semi and it was fairly surprising tbh! Nice stereotypesLOL At least we're not all Ra head, knuckle dragger muckersWink See ye in the playoffs!

Posted By: trevwaterford
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 11:58am
Getting back on topic Richard Sadlier had an article on Cabinteely in yesterdays paper and was supporting them saying they were building from bottom up and were realistic and quoted chairman as saying they were expecting crowds in low hundreds.

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 4:11pm
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/richard-sadlier-cabinteely-could-show-irish-clubs-how-to-organise-30953733.html

Sadlier makes a valid article for once. 

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Posted By: roverstillidie
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 4:39pm
Is it valid or is it dragging down the standard though.

I take his core point, and its one I have made here, that they are aiming low. That means they will survive. But is that what every club should be doing? Not sure.

Also, don't you have to be a LoI club to enter the U17 and U19 national leagues? Is that what they are targetting?

-------------
He is Karl Pilkington in the LOI section and Karl Marx outwith it

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 6:10pm
I don't think you have to be a LOI club to enter . Open to correction on that though

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 6:15pm
What's the criteria to enter the LOI (ground size etc.) ?

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

What's the criteria to enter the LOI (ground size etc.) ?

It appears to be saying yes.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 6:34pm
More importantly, have they got any ultras (twiggy was looking to know init)

-------------

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 6:47pm

Think London Donovan is jumping ship to these, but he will have the butler throwing the shapes for him

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Think London Donovan is jumping ship to these, but he will have the butler throwing the shapes for him

What's the bus links like to out there ?

-------------

Posted By: Richmond Ultra
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 8:32pm
Extratime.ie will have an interview with the chairman up online later this evening. I've been told they expect crowds to be in their hundreds and they're full of praise for the facilities in Stradbrook.

-------------
Omnia Causa Fiunt

Posted By: Blue Man
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 8:41pm
Lots of LSL players won't bother with it. There are tonnes of players playing in the top two LSL leagues that are more than capable of playing LOI (BoyZ being one of them) who won't bother travel the country for nothing. I know I wouldn't do it and if you're signing players from Premier C, kinda tells you how hard its gonna be for them to get players

-------------
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 9:57pm
Relax man.

Ok back to Cabinteely...never heard of them, JD FAIlure, lock the thread

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 10:01pm
Blue man gets upset if he can't come onto a thread like this and add a 'y' or an 'o' to players names, just to show he is their bff.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 10:04pm

Blue man gets upset if he can't come onto a thread like this and add a 'y' or an 'o' to players names, just to show he is their bff.

Superb contribution as always from a tremendous poster. Sleepy

So whats your opinion on how Cabinteely will do this season? Will they get the players required to be competitive in the LOI or are they another Dublin City/Kildare County/Sporting Fingal?

-------------
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Blue Man Blue Man wrote:

Thank you Bluey! Bluey always loved the sarcasm

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 10:10pm

Thank you Bluey! Bluey always loved the sarcasm

Not into engaging in football chat?

-------------

Gary Speed 1969-2011

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 10:13pm
Only if it contains the correct number of vowel sounds at the end of names.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 10:14pm

Only if it contains the correct number of vowel sounds at the end of names.

Confused

Worldy of a post son

-------------

Gary Speed 1969-2011

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 10:16pm
Quid pro quo

-------------

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 10:19pm
It has proven to be a useless lesson before putting teams together like this to try and compete and it will be the same this time around

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 10:35pm
Id like to see them do well but I just don't see how they're going to get players who are competitive. Its all well and good picking up promising youngsters from LSL and AUL but the LOI is a whole new ball game

-------------

Gary Speed 1969-2011

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 10:48pm
Technically it is the same ball game, unless of course they get awfully confused by their surroundings in Stradbrook.

I can't see this being anything but a disaster.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 10:55pm

Technically it is the same ball game, unless of course they get awfully confused by their surroundings in Stradbrook.

I can't see this being anything but a disaster.

Clown

-------------

Gary Speed 1969-2011

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 10:57pm
Is Clowny going playing for them? Good player, no sense of humour though, has Clowny.

-------------

Posted By: Ginzo
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 10:59pm
Bluey taking serious nibbles here! Put that rod away Pre Madonna!

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 11:02pm
Oh I know what he's at, I just think he's a muppet.

No I won't be signing for them unfortunately. Eddie Gormley doesn't rate me. Didn't sign me to a contract at Bray. Desperate times

-------------

Gary Speed 1969-2011

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 11:06pm
Nice guy, Eddie.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 11:06pm

Nice guy, Eddie.

He broke it to me gently. Really appreciated that. Glad we agree. 

-------------

Gary Speed 1969-2011

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 11:09pm
Didn't have you down as a Sleeper fan, more of a sleeperbloke.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 11:13pm

No I won't be signing for them unfortunately. Eddie Gormley doesn't rate me. Didn't sign me to a contract at Bray. Desperate times
I'd like to see them do well. Hard to see how that'll happen with no facilities, fans, money and so on. 

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by Ginzo Ginzo wrote:

I'd like to see them do well. Hard to see how that'll happen with no facilities, fans, money and so on. 

As I said earlier, most LSL/top AUL players won't go for it. Just seems a mad decision on all fronts. Has there been any signings officially announced? I assume the keeper is Vinny Tyrell

-------------

Gary Speed 1969-2011

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 11:23pm

As I said earlier, most LSL/top AUL players won't go for it. Just seems a mad decision on all fronts. Has there been any signings officially announced? I assume the keeper is Vinny Tyrell
I played Cherry Orchard yesterday and they said four of their lads have signed for them. I've heard of two Greystones AFC lads too and a few other journeymen signing. We'll wait and see I suppose but I assume they'll rely heavily on loanees along with the few players they scrambled to sign last minute.

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 11:27pm

I played Cherry Orchard yesterday and they said four of their lads have signed for them. I've heard of two Greystones AFC lads too and a few other journeymen signing. We'll wait and see I suppose but I assume they'll rely heavily on loanees along with the few players they scrambled to sign last minute.

Im sure a few ex Rovers B players will end up there as well

-------------

Gary Speed 1969-2011

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 11:30pm
I am hearing that the Greystones team may break up at the end of the season. Some ropey stuff going on on/off the pitch and the players want the manager gone.

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

I am hearing that the Greystones team may break up at the end of the season. Some ropey stuff going on on/off the pitch and the players want the manager gone.

The assistant manager was Darren Forsyth who has since gone to play up north. His brother is one of their better players as well so he could well end up there too. 2 very good players

-------------

Gary Speed 1969-2011

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 11:35pm

Heard the same. Second team folded recently too. Sure all the players are from around Dun Laoghaire area and they train in Monkstown!

Posted By: The Boy Z
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 1:10am
They have signed that goalkeeper from Premier C.

Jamie McGlynn (Was a sub for Malahide when we played them 2 weeks ago,was with Bray last year but didn't play much)

3 or 4 from Cherry Orchard (Don't know anything about them)

Conor Foley (Sound lad,was away for a couple of years but was playing for TEK 2nd team before that)

Rob Maloney (Was with Bray last year)

Winger from UCD LSL Team,not a bad player. Tyrone something.

Haven't heard who they signed off Greystones but if it's not Carl Forsyth then they aren't anything too great.

Stradbrook is also a dive of a place.

-------------
Theres only one sport that matters..

Posted By: The Boy Z
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 1:17am

-------------
Theres only one sport that matters..

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 6:56am
Any calls from Cabo Z😁?

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 9:53am
I think I have this figured out.

This is basically why Mons joined the LoI. The team itself is not actually the point. What they get for their membership is a team in the U17 and U19 leagues and a seat at council. This is the strategic value for Cabo. They can't get relegated and only need a certain amount of punters to run at a managable loss.

-------------

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 9:59am
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

This is basically why Mons joined the LoI. The team itself is not actually the point. What they get for their membership is a team in the U17 and U19 leagues and a seat at council. This is the strategic value for Cabo. They can't get relegated and only need a certain amount of punters to run at a managable loss.

They are obviously going to be paying players, rent, expenses, travel costs etc so it's hard to see how they can break even or come close to it. 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 10:02am

Anything else go on at that meeting in Monaghan when the club took the decision to join the LOI in 1985? I was only 5 so couldn't make the meeting myself, delighted you were there though so can shed some light on it

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 10:05am

They are obviously going to be paying players, rent, expenses, travel costs etc so it's hard to see how they can break even or come close to it. 

"managable loss"

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Anything else go on at that meeting in Monaghan when the club took the decision to join the LOI in 1985? I was only 5 so couldn't make the meeting myself, delighted you were there though so can shed some light on it
Its hardly a secret that one of the major reasons Mons joined the LoI was to become a "super" underage club.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 10:08am
Well I think I agree with RTID, which means I picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue, I fail to see why Monaghan are being brought into it.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 10:10am

Its hardly a secret that one of the major reasons Mons joined the LoI was to become a "super" underage club.
So you weren't there then? 

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 11:18am

Well I think I agree with RTID, which means I picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue, I fail to see why Monaghan are being brought into it.
All I am pointing out was the last time a serious underage outfit 'stepped up', and maybe I should have included Home Farm too, was Mons. One of the reasons was it beefed up their 'power base' within the FAI and gave them advantages other underage clubs didn't have. Only on here is that a contentious statement.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 11:19am

Of course I wasn't there. When did that become the benchmark for proof of an opinion?

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 1:02pm
forgot about Home Farm Everton😳

-------------

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 1:14pm

With respect to Home Farm, they did hang around for a long time and won the FAI Cup in 1975 with Keely and Kinger among their ranks.

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

With respect to Home Farm, they did hang around for a long time and won the FAI Cup in 1975 with Keely and Kinger among their ranks.
👍

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 1:28pm

Of course I wasn't there. When did that become the benchmark for proof of an opinion?

So the not so secret reason is actually just your opinion which was formed by not being involved in the decision making process at Mons then. 

Grand job, just wanted to clear that up.

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 1:31pm

<span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">

</spain>

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">

</span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">So the not so secret reason is actually just your opinion which was formed by not being involved in the decision making process at Mons then. </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Grand job, just wanted to clear that up.</span>

-------------

Posted By: GoneToShowgies
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 1:36pm

Monaghan can piss off. They jumped ship overnight with little regard for their players or the League. Granted a club has to look out for itself but there was little interest from them to see out the season. Their points were scratched off and that had a bearing on the league table, and less home fixtures had an effect financially on every other clubs income.

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Monaghan can piss off. They jumped ship overnight with little regard for their players or the League. Granted a club has to look out for itself but there was little interest from them to see out the season. Their points were scratched off and that had a bearing on the league table, and less home fixtures had an effect financially on every other clubs income.
We had seen out many a season before, when the time comes it comes....We couldnt play games in the dark or walk up and down the country to matches either.. Yes it fecked things up for the league but quite simply there was nothing left bar a pile of debts. Credit lines were exhausted, local business who had been so generous quite understandably reached their limits of kindness, we had fees to keep paying, bills, wages etc etc an there was no money there ...simple.

Anyway, Welcome to the Cabinteely FC thread

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 1:58pm

So the not so secret reason is actually just your opinion which was formed by not being involved in the decision making process at Mons then. 

I wasn't at the lunch where the Comical Gerry's got drunk and signed more of Dalyer away, but it doesn't lessen my opinion that they are legends.

Who p1ssed in your cornflakes? What have I said that is an outrage?

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 3:43pm

I wasn't at the lunch where the Comical Gerry's got drunk and signed more of Dalyer away, but it doesn't lessen my opinion that they are legends.

Who p1ssed in your cornflakes? What have I said that is an outrage?
Didn't have Corn Flakes today.... Don't see the point of bringing Mons into it and then using an opinion you somehow formed as fact which. This differs from the Dalymount bonanza which from your standpoint you are quite within your rights to treat those involved as legends.

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 4:08pm

Didn't have Corn Flakes today.... Don't see the point of bringing Mons into it and then using an opinion you somehow formed as fact which. This differs from the Dalymount bonanza which from your standpoint you are quite within your rights to treat those involved as legends.
Calm down petal. I am simply putting forward the hypothesis that schoolboy clubs have joined the LoI before specifically with a view to bolstering the schoolboy sections. In this case we also have the added bonus that membership of the elite U17 and U19 leagues may be restricted to LoI clubs, obviosuly Cabo want a piece of that.

If you disagree that was part of Mons reasons for joining the LoI, fine. But stating that if I wasn't party to the discussions 30 years ago that I cannot hold that opinion is ludicrious. Or put another way, can you prove me wrong? The only way you can, using your logic, is if you were in the room.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 4:20pm

Calm down petal. I am simply putting forward the hypothesis that schoolboy clubs have joined the LoI before specifically with a view to bolstering the schoolboy sections. In this case we also have the added bonus that membership of the elite U17 and U19 leagues may be restricted to LoI clubs, obviosuly Cabo want a piece of that.

If you disagree that was part of Mons reasons for joining the LoI, fine. But stating that if I wasn't party to the discussions 30 years ago that I cannot hold that opinion is ludicrious. Or put another way, can you prove me wrong? The only way you can, using your logic, is if you were in the room.
Petal?? must you resort to a childish little turn of phrase simply because I'm challenging your opinion, an opinion you initially stated as fact. We played local football from out foundation in 1979 before joining the LOI in 1985. 

You can hold an opinion all you like, it is just that, an opinion, not fact. Why should I prove you wrong? you made the statement originally, you prove it's correct, something I know you cannot do as much as you know it  I have already stated that I wasn't at the meeting as I was 5. Subsequently I was not part of any decision making process. I have however been following the club and garnered in that time a lot of information about our founding etc from people present at the time. 

As for Cabinteely, I can't comment on their reason bar from what I've read. Maybe they are looking at the U17/U19 and it is probably valid to form that opinion. As far as Mons go, I have already stated in another thread a while ago (I believe around the Scotland ticket fiasco) that Mons have been told we can join the new underage LOI. 

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 4:25pm
I might add by the way, and this is not club specific as such, hence a separate post, that IMO every club should be aspiring to strengthen their underage set up with a view to LOI membership. Of course thats dependent on the proper footballing structures being in place, Pyramid etc etc. If indeed Cabinteely in this instance, are intent on entering the underage LOI and achieving that by 1st Division membership, then best of luck to them even if it is, again IMO, doing things backways. 

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 9:45pm
That we agree on

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 10:17pm
Cabo play there first friendly v TEK this w/end in Stradbrook
Huge crowd expected

-------------

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 10:22pm
Can they loan players from semi pro/pro clubs?

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

of course. Why couldn't they?

-------------

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 10:51pm

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

of course. Why couldn't they?

Cabinteely are going in as amateur aren't they?

Just a case of paying wages that's all!

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 11:26pm
Can players from LSL clubs just up sticks and leave their club mid-season and join Cabinteely? Is there some sort of transfer deadline which is different to the LOI deadline?

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 11:49pm

Can players from LSL clubs just up sticks and leave their club mid-season and join Cabinteely? Is there some sort of transfer deadline which is different to the LOI deadline?
Yes they can. It depends on the league you are moving to. A player from the LSL could move to any LOI club , but couldn't move to Killarney Celtic because the KDL transfer window shut on the 31st of January

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 1:20pm
I think the window for LSL players to move shut on Friday...

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 2:09pm
To other LSL clubs. The LOI window is open till the end of this month and is the one that counts.

-------------

Posted By: Richmond Ultra
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 8:41pm
http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/13579/cabinteely-ready-for-action/" rel="nofollow - http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/13579/cabinteely-ready-for-action/

I just saw good interview here with the Cabo chairman ahead of the new season on Extratime.ie

It seems like they have been preparing for this for a good while. I just wonder who the football people are that they asked for advice since nobody knew they were preparing for the LOI.

-------------
Omnia Causa Fiunt

Posted By: farfar
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

They have signed that goalkeeper from Premier C.

Jamie McGlynn (Was a sub for Malahide when we played them 2 weeks ago,was with Bray last year but didn't play much)

3 or 4 from Cherry Orchard (Don't know anything about them)

Conor Foley (Sound lad,was away for a couple of years but was playing for TEK 2nd team before that)

Rob Maloney (Was with Bray last year)

Winger from UCD LSL Team,not a bad player. Tyrone something.

Haven't heard who they signed off Greystones but if it's not Carl Forsyth then they aren't anything too great.

Stradbrook is also a dive of a place.
McNeils. He is lightning quick.

Friends dad is heavily involved in getting players in. Regardless hope these f**ks fail miserably. Have a deep underlying hatred for Cabo.  

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 11:46pm
Why so Farfar? Local rivals ?

Posted By: farfar
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 11:57pm
Ye be the second closest club to me. Half my mates played for one club and the other for Cabo. In the same league about 6 years in a row and half the time they would be the only games of the season we would show up for. Have a proud record of never losing to them Approve

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net