Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=50603
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 1:29pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Nigel Pearson
Posted By: Double Maxim
Subject: Nigel Pearson
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 6:56am
I can't see NP lasting long after having a go at the Leicester fans.

Leicester boss Nigel Pearson says fans can 'stay at home'

Nigel Pearson said Leicester fans can "stay at home" if they cannot recognise the efforts of the team and admitted to an altercation with a supporter during the http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30188283" rel="nofollow - 3-1 loss at home to Liverpool.

The defeat left the Foxes at the bottom of the table, having now lost seven of their last nine league games.

"I had a spat with a fan towards the end," Pearson, 51, said.

"If they cannot see the players are having a proper go maybe they need to stay at home."

Pearson, who led Leicester to the Championship title last season, added his players were giving their all.

"I will always look for the positives," he said. "It is very easy for people to look at what we are not good at.

"I don't like the commitment of my players being questioned. If they honestly think they are not committed, they are very wrong. Maybe that is why I stay in the stand."

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Replies:
Posted By: d13dave
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 9:36am
he is a bit of a bore but i make him right on this Maxim

liverpool are out of form and leicester are struggling but some Leicester fans have an air of entitlement about them. Oh look at us in our big bland stadium throwing a few quid around in the Championship. We belong in the holy grail of the premier league.

We were their bogey team ilast few years in the championship and they could not believe they used to lose regularly to a badly behaved small poor club from south east london : )

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 10:03am
Also said this about sky sports news

And he then turned on the broadcaster in his press conference, saying: 'I find some of the - I don't know what you call them - presenters are particularly irritating.' 

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 10:56am
He'd want to come out of the stands for starters. Get down pitch side.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: savo01
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 10:58am
You've got no fans!!!!!!
You want some?
I'll give it yer!
The Leicestershire Raider!

-------------
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go

Posted By: The U
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 12:50pm
From watching on tv didn't see much wrong with the reception they got at the end but he must have noticed a good few for a statement like that. Couldn't fault any of the Leicester players for effort this season

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Also said this about sky sports news

<span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: normal;">And he then turned on the broadcaster in his press conference, saying: 'I find some of the - I don't know what you call them - presenters are particularly irritating.' </span>

Well said

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2014 at 5:59am

Leicester City are investigating an altercation between manager Nigel Pearson and a section of fans after Tuesday's 3-1 defeat at home to Liverpool. http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-looking-altercation-manager-Nigel/story-25097239-detail/story.html" rel="nofollow - (Leicester Mercury

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2014 at 10:46am
Anything to Freddie?

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2014 at 10:10am
There is a video on Facebook (can't post it) of fans screaming abuse at him and he tells them to f**k off.

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2014 at 10:12am
"F**k off and die" his response actually is

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2014 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

"F**k off and die" his response actually is

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2014 at 12:06pm
Person got hammered off the journos on the Sunday Supplement on sky this morning over his pop at the fans but they also said that his job was safe.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 5:52pm

Leicester City: FA probes Nigel Pearson fan altercation

The Football Association has asked Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson to give his version of events after reviewing footage of his altercation with a fan.

Pearson http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30349826" rel="nofollow - refused to apologise after the incident during last week's 3-1 Premier League defeat by Liverpool.

The 51-year-old has until 6pm on Wednesday, December 10 to respond.

Leicester are bottom of the table after failing to win since beating http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29196081" rel="nofollow - Manchester United 5-3 in September .

Supporters' groups have urged Pearson to say sorry, but he said: "I've had run-ins with fans in the past and sometimes, in the heat of the moment, these things happen.

"But there certainly won't be any apology, let's put it like that."

Leicester host Manchester City in the Premier League on Saturday

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2014 at 7:32am
More bad news  for Pearson and Leicester.

Schmeichel blow to Foxes’ survival hopes

Friday, December 12, 2014
By Nick Mash*ter

Leicester goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel has been ruled out until next year after breaking a metatarsal in training.

The 28-year-old is due to have an operation on his foot today after suffering the injury yesterday in a huge blow to the Foxes’ survival hopes. Ben Hamer is set to deputise — starting against Manchester City tomorrow — after boss Nigel Pearson announced the news.

He said: “It’s very unfortunate, clearly the lad is distressed about it and he will be a miss for us but, again, you have to deal with it. We can’t change it.

“An optimistic view would be four to six weeks but it could be longer, we don’t know.

“There was no contact, it’s just foot to the floor, I didn’t see a twist and these things happen.”

Pearson has been charged by the Football Association in the wake of his heated touchline row with a fan.

It is alleged the Foxes boss used abusive and/or insulting words towards a spectator during last week’s 3-1 defeat to Liverpool at the King Power Stadium.

Meanwhile Pearson has been charged by the Football Association after his heated touchline row with a fan.

He has until 6pm on December 16 to respond.

© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2014 at 8:03am

Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson backed by peers after fan with row: 'You said what rest us want to say'

Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson has been charged by the FA after his touchline row with a fan but his peers have been quick to back him

< media=print> .newGigyaShare { display: none !important; }
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
LinkedIn
Email
Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson backed by peers after fan with row: You said what we want to say
In hot water: Nigel Pearson has been charged by FA for foul-mouthed rant at fan Photo: PA

By http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/columnists/henrywinter/" rel="nofollow - Henry Winter

< =2014-12-11 itemprop="datePublished">

Nigel Pearson is one of the most measured, thoughtful managers in the country so it was a warning sign of the pressures his profession is under when even he snapped at an abusive fan, an offence that brought a Football Association charge on Thursday.

The Leicester City manager remained phlegmatic when being alerted of the FA’s decision in the afternoon, just as he stayed calm earlier in the day despite the deep frustration after one of his best players this season, Kasper Schmeichel, broke a metatarsal in training. Leicester’s goalkeeper undergoes an operation today and will be out for “four to six weeks”, according to his manager.

Football is fickle. One moment Schmeichel was visiting schoolchildren in hospital, handing out presents, the next he was being booked in for surgery. One moment Pearson was being lauded for masterminding a famous 5-3 defeat of Manchester United, the next he was enduring criticism from some of his own supporters.

The language used by Pearson to the stroppy fan after the 3-1 home defeat by Liverpool, notably the far from Wildean “f--- off and die”, was undeniably wrong but the 51-year-old argued he was simply “protecting his players”. Managers are well remunerated to withstand the assorted stresses and strains of their trade. Pearson himself is particularly well equipped to keep his profession in perspective as he understands the real life-and-death demands placed on others, notably friends of his in the Armed Forces. Yet the targeting of managers by supporters has been a notable, and nasty feature of the season, whether inflicted on Paul Lambert, Brendan Rodgers, Alan Pardew, Arsène Wenger, Alan Irvine or Pearson himself.

Pearson was the manager who bit back, who gave some of the haters a dose of their own medicine and his delighted peers have been quick to back him. “You said what all the rest of us wanted to say,’’ one distinguished manager told Pearson. “When I speak to other managers they have empathy for my situation,’’ continued Pearson, sitting in his private match-day lounge at the King Power Stadium. “They’ve been there. They understand what it is like.’’

“I remember at Shrewsbury Town and the dugout was the size of this sofa, built with breeze blocks, and there’d be the physio and Fred who used to go and get the ball out of the river in his coracle, smoking a fag,’’ recalled Pearson. “Then we introduced technical areas and they’ve become a stage. There’s an expectation to behave a certain way and I’ve been criticised for being up in the stand!

“One journalist said to me: ‘I was listening to a phone-in on the way back from the QPR game and one of your fans said it was a disgrace you being in the stands, it shows that you’re lacking passion’. Then lo and behold I’ve got an FA charge. I should know better. I’ll do what I think is right for the team. If I felt me being visible to the players would help them, I’d be there. You can be there giving encouragement but when Wes Morgan got sent off [against Liverpool], Liam Moore was going to go on. I changed the decision at the last second, and of course there was criticism from fans around the technical area, saying, ‘You don’t know what you’re doing’. But Andrew Neville [Leicester’s football director sitting alongside in the stands] had just said to me: ‘Liam’s on four bookings. If he goes on and gets booked, he won’t be available for Aston Villa at the weekend’. If I’d been in the technical area, Liam would have gone on. I wouldn’t have known.’’

Pearson deliberately wants to be detached from the sturm and drang of the technical area. “Sometimes you can get bogged down with other people’s emotions,’’ he added, annoyed at the FA charge. “It’s something we could all do without. It’s only really got legs because somebody videoed it. It’s like selfies. Everyone wants a selfie now.” He leaned back on the sofa, looking across at the famous, signed photograph of one of his idols, Sir Ian Botham, in the England dressing room, drawing on a small cigar. Botham was a marvellous sporting maverick who frequently upset the blazers who run English sports. Pearson, a League Cup winner with Sheffield Wednesday in 1991, would never dream of comparing himself with Botham but he also deserves some respect from the authorities.

Pearson should be celebrated, not banned. When the FA talks to Pearson, its inquisitors should also listen to his enlightened beliefs on why referees should have access to video technology, on his views on revolutionising youth development and on the concerns held by many managers of the proximity of fans to the dugout.

It should hear his support for the likes of Wenger, who was greeted at the Emirates with a banner held by some Arsenal fans that read: “Thanks for the memories but it’s time to say goodbye.” Pearson was shocked. “I don’t know how that can happen. That’s appalling for someone who has fundamentally changed the club and won a trophy last season. I find it bemusing that people’s tolerance is so short-lived.

“It’s society. Football is just a conduit for people’s anger. With the amount of political correctness in life now, people almost need a vehicle to show their emotions. I find myself at times being judgmental of people on things I’m not qualified to be judgmental about like the news, what’s happening throughout the world.’’

Pearson himself has to deal with speculation about his job, despite getting Leicester promoted, despite orchestrating defeats like that of United, despite working on a limited budget although he has money to spend in the January window (especially on a keeper in Schmeichel’s absence). “I have had up to now a very good working relationship with the [Thai] owners. Ultimately, they will make decisions which they feel is right for the football club. I’ve just changed my phone, so nobody has got my number. But the owners have got it! If I get the call, I get the call.

“I don’t enjoy being in situations like this. I want to be successful. But I also recognise that you are going to have difficult times and if you are in charge you have got to be somebody who other people can draw strength from. We all need support. I get mine from my family, the staff, players. My wife is very supportive. I’m sure I’m b----- hard work at times. In fact I know I am.’’

Can he switch off when he walks through the door at home? “I’d love to say yes but I’d be a liar. Family life is important, having normality is important. I haven’t got many friends! I’m not as thick-skinned as some people.”

The long drive from home to training and back allows him to clear his head. “I don’t listen to the radio. A lot of the time I listen to nothing. What a miserable b------! I listen to audiobooks, Tom Sharpe at the moment. Good writer. Ancestral Vices is what I’m listening to.

“I hear some managers talking about football is their life but it’s my job. I’d still find it difficult to walk away. It’s easier to walk away if you’ve finished on a high, not in the midst of difficult times. Other people’s livelihoods are dependent on you. Of course I think about it. Loyalty is a very important quality.

“We’ve started the season with not a great deal of actual pressure on the players. There’s that romantic notion of ‘glad to be here’, everybody’s caught up in the elation of being back in the Premier League and pressure is a million miles away.” Then reality bites. “We have some players not in their best form but they are honest. What I’m pleased about is I’ve not seen anybody hide. Maybe I am an eternal optimist.’’

So he was pleased by the Leicester fans’ backing of him at Villa Park on Sunday. “That’s not going to be everybody but they [away fans] always are important. I just hope the fans stay behind the players during games. That’s the important thing.’’

When the FA judges question Pearson, they might be tempted to ask one of the most principled managers in the Premier League about his determination to keep Leicester up without resorting to the hounding of referees that certain other teams do instinctively.

-------------

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 12 Dec 2014 at 9:01am
Given on emergency loan wouldnt be the worst of ideas.

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 6:29am

Leicester City’s manager, Nigel Pearson, has received a £10,000 fine and a one-match touchline ban following his altercation with a supporter last month.

The 51-year-old had a personal hearing in front of an independent regulatory commission on Friday after accepting the Football Association’s charge of using “abusive and/or insulting words towards a spectator” http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/02/leicester-city-liverpool-premier-league-match-report" rel="nofollow - during a 3-1 home defeat by Liverpool . Pearson had refused to apologise despite calls from the Leicester City Supporters Club to say sorry.

The FA said Pearson, who has the right to an appeal, had also been warned as to his future conduct. “The sanction will not come into effect until the end of the appeal period,” the governing body said.

A statement from Leicester stated Pearson and his representatives had requested written reasons for the sanctions. It continued: “The club has concluded an internal review of the incident during the Liverpool fixture and considers its own review to be closed.”

Pearson, who usually watches from the stands, was bullish after the incident. He said: “I’ve had run-ins with fans in the past and in the heat of the moment these things happen. I’m not going to repeat what happened on either side. I’m very keen to protect myself and my players. I’m more than happy to stand up for myself in that situation. If people were offended then that is regrettable. But there is no need to apologise to somebody of that ilk.”

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 12:21pm
Jokeshop. The scum in the stands have free licence to do what they want and the pro's just have to sick it up.

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Jokeshop. The scum in the stands have free licence to do what they want and the pro's just have to sick it up.

Can't agree with ya on this pal, goes for everyone working within a football club from top to bottom. 
His outburst probably came from frustration but it's a workplace where you need really thick skin.

And if I reacted by telling someone to f**k off and die I'd probably get fired, and Gus Poyet will come and sh*t on my bathroom floor.

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Can't agree with ya on this pal, goes for everyone working within a football club from top to bottom. 
His outburst probably came from frustration but it's a workplace where you need really thick skin.

And if I reacted by telling someone to f**k off and die I'd probably get fired, and Gus Poyet will come and sh*t on my bathroom floor.

I see what you are saying but I think that should be just left to a club matter rather than the FA getting involved. If he went out and did a Cantona then yes.

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 5:25pm
I just cannot see Nigel doing an Eric or a Joel, they don't seem his type

-------------

Posted By: orourkeda
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 10:06am
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

he is a bit of a bore but i make him right on this Maxim

liverpool are out of form and leicester are struggling but some Leicester fans have an air of entitlement about them. Oh look at us in our big bland stadium throwing a few quid around in the Championship. We belong in the holy grail of the premier league.

We were their bogey team ilast few years in the championship and they could not believe they used to lose regularly to a badly behaved small poor club from south east london : )

Is that why Leicester did the double over Millwall last year?

-------------
https://www.orourkeda.blog

Posted By: orourkeda
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 10:09am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Given on emergency loan wouldnt be the worst of ideas.

Shay Given kicking a ball in PL ever again would be a horrific idea. Still, someone has to pay for his divorce.

-------------
https://www.orourkeda.blog

Date Posted: 25 Dec 2014 at 8:03am

Leicester boss Nigel Pearson has urged his men to ignore the taunts after Paul Konchesky was the victim of online abuse.

The 33-year-old has received Twitter taunts after his poor back pass allowed Andy Carroll to score in the Foxes' 2-0 defeat at West Ham on Saturday.

It kept them http://www.espnfc.co.uk/barclays-premier-league/23/table" rel="nofollow - bottom of the Premier League and winless in their last 12 games ahead of Boxing Day's visit of Tottenham.

Pearson himself has been in hot water after an argument with a fan saw him hit with a one-game touchline ban, http://www.espnfc.co.uk/league-name/story/2206415/headline" rel="nofollow - which he will serve on Friday.

But with Leicester five points from the safety line Pearson urged his men to ignore the critics.

"My job as manager is to prepare them as players for the next game, that's my view on it," he said.

"If you're not getting the results you want, if we're coming in for criticism for our league position and the run of games that's been going on too long, we have to accept at times people are going to be obnoxious.

"In many ways it's an incentive for us to turn it around - we want to do that for ourselves anyway.

"Other people's way of dealing with it is probably an indicator of how shallow some are."

Pearson will watch Boxing Day's game from the stands, where he often sits, after deciding not to fight the FA charge of misconduct.

Nigel Pearson's Leicester club are buried in the relegation zone ahead of their weekend match with Tottenham.

-------------

Posted By: Drumaville
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2014 at 1:29pm
Hulls result has saved Pearson's job for a another couple of games.

-------------
Double Maxim draught in the Derry pub now you are talking.

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2014 at 6:47am
NP must be looking nervously over his shoulder with all these recent management changes in the EPL.

-------------

Posted By: Jonesy
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2015 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

NP must be looking nervously over his shoulder with all these recent management changes in the EPL.

Liverpool result has bought Pearson some time.

-------------
Get Double Maxim in the Clarehall Dublin Tesco ASAP

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2015 at 12:27am

Leicester manager Nigel Pearson has called for a greater use of television technology to decide controversial moments. It comes after the Foxes conceded a dubious penalty in their 2-2 draw at Liverpool. http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article4311761.ece" rel="nofollow - (Times, subscription required) 

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 10:23pm

Mark Schwarzer: Leicester City sign Chelsea goalkeeper

Leicester City have signed keeper Mark Schwarzer on a free transfer from fellow Premier League club Chelsea.

The 42-year-old has agreed a deal until June 2016 and could play against Aston Villa on Saturday with regular first-choice http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30437583" rel="nofollow - Kasper Schmeichel injured.

Schwarzer has made 508 Premier League appearances during spells at Middlesbrough, Fulham and Chelsea.

"I'm delighted we've been able to sign a player of Mark's vast experience," said Foxes boss Nigel Pearson.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2015 at 11:43pm

Leicester City have agreed a deal to sign 23-year-old Croatia striker Andrej Kramaric for a club record fee, subject to a work permit being granted.

A price, thought to be more than £9m, has been set with his club FC Rijeka and Kramaric has undergone a medical.

The forward has also agreed terms on a contract that runs until June 2018.

Chelsea were also interested in Kramaric, who has scored 28 goals in 24 appearances for his club and national team this season.

Kramaric played for Dinamo Zagreb between 2009 and 2013, before moving to FC Rijeka.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 5:59am

Shaun Maloney: Leicester City agree fee for Wigan midfielder

Leicester City have agreed a fee with Wigan for Scotland midfielder Shaun Maloney.

The 31-year-old will undergo a medical before completing his move to the King Power Stadium for a fee believed to be just under £1m.

Maloney http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/14717548" rel="nofollow - joined Wigan from Celtic in 2011 and has 37 Scotland caps.

Leicester are bottom of the Premier League, three points from safety, while Wigan are second-bottom in the Championship.

Maloney's contract at the DW Stadium is due to run out in the summer.

He has been linked with a return to Celtic or a move to Major League Soccer but was thought to prefer to http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30762606" rel="nofollow - extend his stay in English football.

Leicester have already http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30703168" rel="nofollow - completed the transfer of Chelsea goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer this month and have also http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30719419" rel="nofollow - agreed a club record fee of £9m for FC Rijeka's Croatia striker Andrej Kramaric.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 6:35am

Is the Maloney deal completely dead for Leicester? If so could he become a Bhoy again?

-------------

Posted By: gary rowell
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 5:15pm

Is the Maloney deal completely dead for Leicester? If so could he become a Bhoy again?

I doubt Celtic would pay the wee mans wage demands.

Date Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 11:02am

I snubbed Chelsea to join Leicester City says £9 million striker Andrej Kramaric

• By http://www.hinckleytimes.net/authors/isaac-ashe/" rel="nofollow - Isaac Ashe

The Croatian said the prospect of playing more games for Foxes was more appealing than Premier League leaders

• Leicester's £9million record signing Andrej Kramaric has admitted he chose the Foxes over Chelsea, because they were more likely to play him.

Striker Kramaric, 23, will now spearhead Leicester’s fight against relegation.

The Croatian said: “Chelsea is the biggest team in the Premier League, but I chose Leicester because I feel something good here.

“I think I will play much more here and I hope we will stay in the Premier League.”

Kramaric has scored 28 times in 24 appearances for his club and national team this season. He played for Dinamo Zagreb between 2009 and 2013, before moving to FC Rijeka.

After securing a work permit for him last week, Leicester boss Nigel Pearson said: “We’ve watched Andrej for a long time. We knew we were signing a player that could add great quality to English football.”

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2015 at 11:48pm

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/19/nigel-pearson-fine-ban-fa-row-leicester-supporter" rel="nofollow - Two months after being banned for a game and fined £10,000 for swearing at one of his own side’s fans, Nigel Pearson was involved in another incident in his technical area – the Leicester manager appearing to put his hands around the neck of Crystal Palace’s James McArthur.

The confrontation happened when the midfielder accidentally knocked Pearson over. The manager reacted by grabbing McArthur and holding on to his shirt even when both were back on their feet. Asked why he had refused to let go of McArthur, who almost joined Leicester last summer only for the club’s two bids of £5m and £7m to be rejected by Wigan, Pearson said: “Because he said something to me.” Asked to elaborate, he replied: “I don’t have to reveal anything, do I? I’m more than capable of looking after myself.

-------------

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 12:03am
Losing the plot

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 12:10am

Losing the plot

Will NP be charged by the FA?

-------------

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 2:09am

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 11:25am
Just seen it now. The pressure has gotten to him. Leicester should probably look towards replacing him.

Posted By: ftm
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 12:23pm
If Arsenal beat Leicester on Tuesday Pearson could well be on his way.

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 6:29pm
Rumours that Pearson has been sacked.

-------------

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 6:53pm
Yep gonesville, will be interesting to hear what he will have to say if he takes an interview

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Posted By: Mr.Mojo Risin'
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 6:54pm
Sky just announced it there

-------------
Ahh heya!

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 6:59pm
Wonder will Leicester make a move for Lennon even though he 's only at Bolton a few months

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 7:03pm
They should go for Harry Redknapp

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 7:04pm
Only for the fact he has to go for that knee op I'd have said he was a certainty

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: Stillhuntinghenry
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 7:05pm
Martin O'Neill early favourite according to Stephen Ireland

-------------
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Mr.Mojo Risin' Mr.Mojo Risin' wrote:

Sky just announced it there
Sky with a proper woman presenting atm Clap

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 10:07pm
Leicester issue statement saying Nigel Pearson remains in charge!

-------------
Ahh heya!

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 10:08pm
Not sacked.

Leicester have just made a statement the reports are wide of the mark.

Edit - Mojo beat me to itLOL

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 7:05am
Was hoping he would be put on gardening leave, he always struck me as a man that would take the term literally.

his response on motd was the weirdest bit!

-------------

Posted By: heppies
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 8:53am

Losing the plot

Did McArthur turn down a transfer approach from Pearson?

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 10:27am
Originally posted by heppies heppies wrote:

Losing the plot

Did McArthur turn down a transfer approach from Pearson?

Thats right seems some bad blood there but Pearson was well out of order with the incident and his post match comments.
Thumbs Down

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 10:32am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Was hoping he would be put on gardening leave, he always struck me as a man that would take the term literally.

Agree
what a real **** he came across as in his interview. 
What was his point exactly?

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 11:14am

What did he say?

Very weird situation.

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

What did he say?

Very weird situation.

He said something like if theres anything needs said he will say it, and don't worry about him he can look after himself
Confused

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 11:43am
He said he can look after himself in 2-3 different interviews. It's like he was expecting everybody to be saying "Wow, Big Nige is proper hard".

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 12:02pm
Shouldn't Pearson be charged with misconduct for grabbing McArthur by the throat ?

Very strange incident and the MOTM was even weirder .

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 12:03pm
Very surprised he hasn't been replaced to be honest. They are rooted to the bottom of the league and that incident with McArthur seemed to really show that he is struggling to handle the pressure.

He also comes across like a bit of a c*nt and a weirdo, but those are seperate issues I suppose.

Posted By: roverstillidie
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 12:04pm
Depends if the 4th offical saw it or not.

-------------
He is Karl Pilkington in the LOI section and Karl Marx outwith it

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 7:34pm
Pearson's press conference was just as strange today.He comes across as a w**ker when he is interviewed.

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2015 at 6:00am

Nigel Pearson has blasted Match of the Day as the fallout from his clash with James McArthur rumbles on.

The Leicester boss appeared to strangle the Crystal Palace midfielder http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/nigel-pearson-expected-escape-punishment-5126908" rel="nofollow - after McArthur had collided with him on the touchline at the KingPower stadium on Saturday.

Speculation surrounding Pearson's job at Leicester has gone into overdrive since Saturday's altercation with numerous sources indicating http://www.mirror.co.uk/all-about/nigel-pearson" rel="nofollow - the 51-year-old had in fact been relieved of his duties.

But the club moved to deny such talk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/leicester-city-confirm-nigel-pearson-5129191" rel="nofollow - with an official statement to the contrary late on Sunday night.

And speaking ahead of the clash with Arsenal on Tuesday, Pearson admitted the criticism from Gary Lineker, Danny Murphy and Jermaine Jenas on Saturday night was unwelcome and in his mind unjustified.

"It’s not helpful when the three fountains of knowledge on Match of the Day make a mountain out of a molehill," he said.

-------------

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2015 at 10:02am
Ha, the only person who made a mountain out of a molehill was Pearson. Strangling a player and then refusing to let go of him after he clearly accidentally slide into him Embarrassed not to mention the bizarre guff he came out with in the interview afterwards!

Posted By: Amby Fogarty
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 9:26am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Shouldn't Pearson be charged with misconduct for grabbing McArthur by the throat ?

Very strange incident and the MOTM was even weirder .

Don't see why he wasn't charged the mad twat.

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 6:06am

Nigel Pearson says the bizarre events of “sack-gate” have strengthened the bond with his players.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/leicesters-nigel-pearson-sacked-foxes-5134584" rel="nofollow - Leicester’s manager apparently was told he’d lost his job but was then reinstated by different members of the wealthy Thai family who own the club.

And http://www.mirror.co.uk/all-about/nigel-pearson" rel="nofollow - the 51-year-old will go into today’s live TV FA Cup tie at Aston Villa knowing he has everybody within his dressing room fighting to make sure he stays in charge. He said: “The way the players performed at Arsenal on Tuesday night was something we could look at really positively.

“Given the speculation surrounding myself and my position they did exceptionally well and we earned a lot of praise for our performance, albeit that it was a narrow defeat.

“That was important because there is no mileage in allowing the speculation that surrounded the week’s events to allow people to force a wedge between myself and the players.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 6:03pm
Speculation that if Pearson does get the sack Kevin Keegan will approached to replace him.
Shocked

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2015 at 7:31am

Nigel Pearson running out of friends at Leicester City

Supporters starting to ask questions of tactics and team selection

icon trapdoor Many Leicester City fans were taken aback on Sunday February 8 when news started to break about Nigel Pearson’s apparent sacking. Even with the team bottom of the Premier League and Pearson having appeared to throttle an opposition player the day before. Two seasons ago when the team’s promotion push fell apart on the back of a nine-game winless run, many expected Pearson to be sacked by owners, the King Power group. He was allowed to continue and Leicester’s romp to the championship last season was a joyous climax to ten years of lower division misery.

This season’s 13-game run without a victory would have caused many owners to act but Pearson was backed even when he swore at a Leicester supporter. This was in contrast to King Power’s predecessor Milan Mandaric, who got through three managers during the 2007-08 season which ended in relegation to League One for the first time in the club’s history.

After picking up points in a tough run of early season games, including Jamie Vardy running the Manchester United defence ragged, hopes were high for Premier League survival. It was a false dawn. The players who got City promoted have failed to make the step up. Wes Morgan, Danny Drinkwater, Anthony Knockaert, David Nugent and Vardy have been unable to show the consistency and quality needed despite being among the best players in the Championship last season. The squad was not strengthened sufficiently over the summer despite Pearson’s pledge to get transfer work done early.

So what happened two Sundays ago? If Gary Lineker’s cryptic tweet is to be believed a member of the Srivaddhanaprabha family lost patience with Pearson before being made to backtrack. The board is divided – hardly a vote of confidence. Pearson’s taciturn interview style and tetchy dealings with the local media have not endeared him to all, but he has earned credit with City fans having succeeded where so many others have failed.

Having allowed him to spend £7million on Andrej Kramaric in the January transfer window and Tony Pulis ensconced at West Brom it would seem that there were few options for the City owners but to allow Pearson to continue to the end of the season at least. Indeed many City fans feel he should be given the chance to take us back up should what looks like inevitable relegation occur.

The positive nature of Leicester’s performances and inability of rivals to pull away mean many still believe. But that number is dwindling. Inter City crowd trouble at Old Trafford between pro- and anti-Pearson groups is a sign that feelings are beginning to run high. Chants of “Pearson sort it out” and “What a load of rubbish” were evident at Villa Park, the first openly anti-Pearson crowd response.

It is the team’s inability to beat those around them that frustrates so much. Fans are questioning Pearson’s tactical selections, notably in playing three centre-backs against a Villa side with the worst goalscoring record in the country. We may never know whether Pearson was, briefly, sacked last weekend but Nigel is running out of friends in the stands, in the media and maybe within the club. Steve Brown

-------------

Posted By: devondudley
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2015 at 10:07am
he did well to get them up, they were always gonna struggle and now that they are struggling he more than likely will get the boot but thats football i suppose. same will happen eddie howe at bournemouth they are looking like coming straight up and playing great ball with very limited players but if they come up you would expected the exact same suituation to happen. its almost like the best way to stay in charge of a championship team is get them to play offs every year but just miss out 

-------------
But fumble in a greasy till

And add the halfpence to the pence

And pray to shivering prayer, until

You have dried the marrow from the bone.

W. B. Yeats, September 1913

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 4:34pm
Anyone see his post match media slot last night?

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by Amby Fogarty Amby Fogarty wrote:

Anyone see his post match media slot last night?

What did he say?

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 6:39am

Leicester manager Nigel Pearson has launched a scathing assessment of referee Mike Dean and branded him “one of the most arrogant men” he has ever met.

Pearson, whose side were beaten 4-3 in a thriller at White Hart Lane, was furious with Dean after he awarded Tottenham a contentious penalty at 2-2, converted by Harry Kane.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 10:55am
It wasnt a pen but Pearson calling someone arrogant how feckin rich.

Date Posted: 04 Apr 2015 at 7:43am
Keeping their cool just like their manager.
Embarrassed 

http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/568307/Nigel-Pearson-Leicester-City-Keep-Cool-West-Ham&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ei=zYcfVdG3DZTlarblgIAI&ved=0CCIQqQIwAQ&usg=AFQjCNHox_rHAyHbmyrKJi9-_06fnAQNVA" rel="nofollow - Nigel Pearson urges Leicester players to keep their cool ahead of West Ham clash

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 4:55pm

Another win for Leicester today looks like the mad fecker Pearson is going to keep them up.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 9:39am
Leicester nailed on to stay up now.

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 9:58am
Originally posted by ftm ftm wrote:

Hardly nailed on, nothing certain when it comes to a relegation battle but they have got 2 wins on the bounce and have w great chance to stay up, wouldn't have said that 2 weeks ago. I hoped Burnley would get out of it but that doesn't look likely now.

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Hardly nailed on, nothing certain when it comes to a relegation battle but they have got 2 wins on the bounce and have w great chance to stay up, wouldn't have said that 2 weeks ago. I hoped Burnley would get out of it but that doesn't look likely now.

Big steatement from me is , if we don't beat Leicester next week we are as good as gone .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 5:48am
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Its three wins in a row for Leicester they have four of their last six games at home and have the momentum.Its a no brainer they are staying up.

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2015 at 5:24pm
As I said last week Leicester have the momentum and are staying up.Fair play to them.

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 6:02am

Nigel Pearson has refused to rule out playing a weakened side against Chelsea, with his Leicester City team yet to play fellow strugglers Newcastle, QPR and Sunderland. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3056626/Nigel-Pearson-refuses-rule-playing-weakened-against-Chelsea-Leicester-manager-looks-perform-great-escape.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490" rel="nofollow - (Daily Mail) 

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 8:54pm
1 1 now.

-------------

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 11:45pm
Bizarre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdRO3l_UCZM&feature=youtu.be

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 12:12am
Just seen it on Sky... The most bizarre interview I've seen since Roy Keane and the mobile phone.

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 12:23am
Pearson is an absolute dope. 

-------------
Ahh heya!

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 12:33am
Big Nige has won me over

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 12:39am
his sky sports one wasn't much better

ramblings of a mad mad.

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 1:31am
Nigel takes no sh*t.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 5:17am

http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/apr/30/nigel-pearson-leicester-chelsea-rant&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ei=PatBVY3OB5HYarz1gOgJ&ved=0CBkQqQIwAQ&usg=AFQjCNGTQBxzIcWKKmJQF7hD-vDnkVv0FA" rel="nofollow - Nigel Pearson's rant sours spirited Leicester performance against Chelsea
The Guardian

-------------

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 7:35am
Clown .

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 8:08am
Look up c*nt in the dictionary and there will be a picture of Pearson.

By far the most irritating thing in football. A clown Bill.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 8:14am
Pearson is such a prick,only reason I hope Leicester are relegated.

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 9:18am

Pearson is such a prick,only reason I hope Leicester are relegated.
Rossie i am 100% behind with what you have said Thumbs Up

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 9:56am
he has the head of a fella who has killed many people and buried them in the moors

strange man, gives me the creeps. imagine him with tony adams as coach

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 4:04pm
Nigel Pearson has apologised after widespread criticism over his bizarre rant against a journalist following Leicester City’s Premier League defeat to Chelsea.

After complaining about the negativity his players had faced this season, Pearson was asked to elaborate by the writer Ian Baker. Pearson then called Baker an “ostrich” because his head “must be in the sand” for not understanding the manager’s viewpoint in the post-match press conference following Leicester’s 3-1 loss.

Pearson started Thursday’s press conference, to preview Saturday’s game against Newcastle, by apologising to Baker. He said: “Ian, before we start, apologies for last night. I think it’s right to do it in front of the cameras rather than pulling you to one side, so I apologise for that and I hope it doesn’t ruin our relationship.

“I react, that’s it. I think it’s emotion as much as anything which again I am not afraid of. I’m not afraid of showing my emotions. I get labelled with certain titles, which is people’s prerogative to say what they want about me, and I’m happy to FIGHT my own corner.

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 6:26pm

http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/574040/Newcastle-John-Carver-Nigel-Pearson&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ei=n2VCVeaINtXdauHGgJAP&ved=0CBcQqQIwAA&usg=AFQjCNF1sCgiug94M27iU9aj77nYZLdcKQ" rel="nofollow - Newcastle boss John Carver backs under-fire Nigel Pearson over 'Ostrichgate'
Express.co.uk

-------------

Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 7:10pm

http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/574040/Newcastle-John-Carver-Nigel-Pearson&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ei=n2VCVeaINtXdauHGgJAP&ved=0CBcQqQIwAA&usg=AFQjCNF1sCgiug94M27iU9aj77nYZLdcKQ" rel="nofollow - Express.co.uk

yeah hes the man you want backing you LOL

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 7:40pm
Pearson acts likes a character that Steve Coogan would create.

Date Posted: 01 May 2015 at 5:41am

Pearson acts likes a character that Steve Coogan would create.

Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 01 May 2015 at 5:42am

http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/leicesters-nigel-pearson-another-squabble-5610636&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ei=kQZDVc3mCJLjaqaQgJAC&ved=0CCIQqQIwAg&usg=AFQjCNE7pg10gWHhvUfYku4WX_FvcnKmHg" rel="nofollow - Leicester's Nigel Pearson in ANOTHER squabble with journalist at latest press conference
mirror.co.uk

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net