URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=50517
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 5:53am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: New FAI Ticket Club - Fans Direct
Posted By: Pipkin
Subject: New FAI Ticket Club - Fans Direct
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 6:13pm
FAI seem to have already circulated info to media. See link below:

http://https://twitter.com/OCowzer/status/535856740286607360" rel="nofollow - http://https://twitter.com/OCowzer/status/535856740286607360

Replies:
Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 6:14pm
Link not working Kerrzy

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 6:17pm
Go to Owen Cowzer on twitter. His latest tweet has a picture of FAI press release

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 6:18pm
Am really confused by this, looks like this is already setup and ready to go?

Posted By: opa01
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 6:20pm
just remove http:// from the start

-------------
Will no-one rid me of this turbulent priest?

Posted By: irishmale0399
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 6:22pm
Is this a new portal that we all want or is it GF/Brianies Travel Club???? If the latter then the spin has started........time to hit back.

Posted By: brianie
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by irishmale0399 irishmale0399 wrote:

Is this a new portal that we all want or is it GF/Brianies Travel Club???? If the latter then the spin has started........time to hit back.
First time that i have heard of it!

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

Cheers for the clarification......

If there is any truth in it then your meeting would be meaningless. The idea has to have come from somewhere.....again i would suggest to you that you wait with your meeting. Maybe the fans are being heard.

Dont go giving them a way out.....Wink

Posted By: colmoc
It's just the exact same as what we have already as far as I can see from it.

Posted By: colemanY2K
Working Link......

http://twitter.com/OCowzer/status/535856740286607360" rel="nofollow - http://twitter.com/OCowzer/status/535856740286607360

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: sledgehammer

So it looks like they ve already screwed you over

-------------
Up there for thinking. Down there for dancing

Posted By: daboi89
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 6:27pm
This is just a 24th supporters clubs

Posted By: Del-Piero
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 6:33pm
This would be grand in theory if everyone had worked together on it but as it stands its another potential spanner in the works, poses more questions than it answers

-------------
I don't quite see how you cherish the memory of the dead by killing another million. And, this is not combat, it's an act of lunacy, General Sir.

Personally, I think you're a f**king idiot.

Posted By: cliffrichard
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 6:34pm
Oh mercy mercy me.

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Del-Piero Del-Piero wrote:

This would be grand in theory if everyone had worked together on it but as it stands its another potential spanner in the works, poses more questions than it answers

Puzzling alright, and you are spot on with your last pointConfused 

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 6:41pm
The more i think about it, it is a potential dead rubber, it still doesnt address transparency and in tight ticket situations could lead to another Scotland.

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Posted By: The Saint
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 6:42pm
Very vague and doesn't seem any different to current system ie the portal.
This could be the fai actually doing something positive or it could be a spin.
I'm going to try and look at this as a positive but we still must insist on a transparent system. It's no good in saying the fai are giving 200 tickets to this club and not knowing were the other 3000 went if Scotland was to happen again.
Transparency is still key here.

Press release Friday evening when offices closed   LOL

-------------
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 6:45pm
https://twitter.com/OCowzer/status/535856740286607360/photo/1" rel="nofollow">
Embedded image permalink

Posted By: BrenC
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 6:49pm
So season ticket holders get considered twice? And join a supporters club and ye get a third bash?

-------------
Team Emmet

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 6:56pm
Good oul fai

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by BrenC BrenC wrote:

So season ticket holders get considered twice? And join a supporters club and ye get a third bash?
While applying for Euro 2012, I applied with my season ticket number and got sorted. However, I also get home tickets from Mons and my away tickets through them all the time, not on my own. When I applied through Mons, I was phoned a few days later to tell me that the FAI already have an application from me and wouldn't consider the one through the club. In short, when they want to, they can decipher multiple applications. Amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it.

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by BrenC BrenC wrote:

While applying for Euro 2012, I applied with my season ticket number and got sorted. However, I also get home tickets from Mons and my away tickets through them all the time, not on my own. When I applied through Mons, I was phoned a few days later to tell me that the FAI already have an application from me and wouldn't consider the one through the club. In short, when they want to, they can decipher multiple applications. Amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it.

Yeah exactly, they'll decide what info to use when it suits them.

As been said over past few weeks they have the system there but choose not to use it

-------------
FAIlure

Posted By: gufct
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 7:12pm
Feel sorry for you brianie you have been used . The ramping up has to be started now with a reply to this rubbish. They got us arguing for 2 days nearly while they got a free run .

-------------
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.

Posted By: greenforever
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 7:14pm
They have records for the past 8 games

There is no commitment to allocate any particular amount of tickets through this entity, 

Pure spin IMO,  

-------------
I know nothing :-)

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Feel sorry for you brianie you have been used . The ramping up has to be started now with a reply to this rubbish. They got us arguing for 2 days nearly while they got a free run .

does anyone have any more info other than those few lines in press release???

-------------
FAIlure

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 7:15pm
Ring your buddy's ye have been stitched up you hardly expected anything else.

-------------

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 7:16pm
It just shows you the contempt the FAI have for the YBIG representatives that they met recently.

I don't see why the FAI would have taken onboard what they said and communicate that something was in the pipelines.

Disgusting organisation.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 7:17pm
GFs and myselfs proposal to form an Independent Travel Club was based on the premise that we would administer the data base but applications would still be handled by FAI/Ticketmaster, That was how we would ensure Transparency re Fair Ticket Allocation for Members, by the Fans for the Fans if you like.

This new idea dilutes that, Do You Trust the FAI to properly administer this?

The FAI have been in direct contact with us a short time ago and have indicated they are still prepared to meet with us next week and the same questions will still apply........

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Posted By: ShayGivensBum
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 7:18pm
Just heard this on the news in the car. Its all very confusing. Its the same as before no??

The news said the FAI have organised meetings next week with different groups to discuss the ticket situation.

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 7:22pm
At best this is just a knee jerk reaction to the recent bad press/protest in which they are making a ham fisted effort at some appeasement measures. At worst it's a cynical ploy where nothing will ultimately change. I know which one I think it is

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 7:23pm

GFs and myselfs proposal to form an Independent Travel Club was based on the premise that we would administer the data base but applications would still be handled by FAI/Ticketmaster, That was how we would ensure Transparency re Fair Ticket Allocation for Members, by the Fans for the Fans if you like.

This new idea dilutes that, Do You Trust the FAI to properly administer this?

The FAI have been in direct contact with us a short time ago and have indicated they are still prepared to meet with us next week and the same questions will still apply........

Only if the whole system was transparent which is highly unlikely.

Asking to email if your interested. Surely many questions to be answered

-------------
FAIlure

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 7:27pm
They will take on board what the sc's propose or should I say certain members of the sc's propose. And they will screw the rest of us. Funny that it's the first mention of other countries only giving us 5% which means poland

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 7:31pm

They will take on board what the sc's propose or should I say certain members of the sc's propose. And they will screw the rest of us. Funny that it's the first mention of other countries only giving us 5% which means poland

Yeah I can only imagine all the current SC's will agree that it's each fan for themself.

JD: I know you get 50 tickets for your 40 members for Scotland but we're thinking of changing that. What's your opinion.
SC: Yeah John, fantastic idea. Those members who don't attend away games regularly will be happy with that.

-------------
FAIlure

Posted By: Ireland4ever
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 7:32pm
Hold on, this is just the existing portal, with a different name??

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

Yes. But they are really, really going to pay close attention to it this time .......

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Yes. But they are really, really going to pay close attention to it this time .......

LOL

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 7:41pm

thank f**k for that, thought it was the same myself.....phew

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 7:54pm

The scene from Father Ted with Dougal watching the corner flag just popped into my head

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 7:56pm

Eh, Used by who?

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Posted By: erimus
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 7:57pm
This is a complete load of sh*te. Same thing already in place, called the away portal

-------------
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

This is a complete load of sh*te. Same thing already in place, called the away portal

Agree, Original motivation for formation of Travel Club, Transparent, Honest and Fair, no other agenda other than Fair Ticket AllocationThumbs Up

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 8:05pm

Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

Agree, Original motivation for formation of Travel Club, Transparent, Honest and Fair, no other agenda other than Fair Ticket AllocationThumbs Up
fair and transparent within the club. Outside of that nothing changes in the larger scheme

Posted By: Tippbiffo
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 8:18pm
I just want tickets to see my country play. I don't care about the beer, the craic or the moaning. I don't want an elite club set up within an elite club. Being entitled to an away ticket is a bit like the property ladder in Dublin. No matter what official channels you go through such as the portal and being a member of a club etc....it's just getting harder and harder to see any fair way to sort the true away fans from the bandwagons. I'm not advocating myself as a true away fan but would like the chance. Goodnight Saigon.

Posted By: erimus
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 8:18pm

-------------
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 8:23pm
Mike Ashley running this ??

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Posted By: Steve Amsterdam
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 8:26pm
The Emperor's new clothes springs to mind again....

-------------
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!

Posted By: Butch
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Tippbiffo Tippbiffo wrote:

I just want tickets to see my country play. I don't care about the beer, the craic or the moaning. I don't want an elite club set up within an elite club. Being entitled to an away ticket is a bit like the property ladder in Dublin. No matter what official channels you go through such as the portal and being a member of a club etc....it's just getting harder and harder to see any fair way to sort the true away fans from the bandwagons. I'm not advocating myself as a true away fan but would like the chance. Goodnight Saigon.

Property ladder DAFT.IE

Delaney And Fans Together.IE

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 8:36pm
That's that sorted so, fair play to the fai

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 9:16pm
These groups are small but the Poland match is far away...

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Just not so fine silk!

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

I thought of the exact same thing !

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 9:32pm
Thank you for your e-mail to enquire about joining Fans Direct.

We will be holding stakeholder meetings among supporter groups and clubs during December and January to prepare the way for this process. We will keep you updated on progress in this area during this period and look forward to engaging with you to enhance your experience.
from Facebook.

"What are We" sorry ill get my coat.

-------------

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 9:56pm
So basically if your not in a supporters club and registered on the away portal you'll be thrown into this when it comes to ticket allocations.......well fcuk me arn't they a bright bunch!

It's basically them admitting that those who applied independently were ignored for Scotland but they'll make a up a SC club for them now.

Christ on a bike!

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

So basically if your not in a supporters club and registered on the away portal you'll be thrown into this when it comes to ticket allocations.......well fcuk me arn't they a bright bunch!

It's basically them admitting that those who applied independently were ignored for Scotland but they'll make a up a SC club for them now.

Christ on a bike!
Travel ClubThumbs UpBy the Fans For the Fans

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 10:02pm
Forget about the Travel Club Brianie. The vast majority don't want it.

This is an unholy mess.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 10:02pm
Just when you think it can't get any more ridiculous...

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 10:04pm
What was the point of me or any other person whose not a member of a Supporters Club and an independent traveller to away games being on the away portal in the first place if this system wasn’t in place?

The initial away portal now appears to be just a smoke screen to keep UEFA off the FAI's back and nothing more.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 10:09pm

Christ on a bike!

Brianie I've known you many years at this stage and have the upmost respect for you, but I completely disagree with you on the idea of a travel club. The only thing we should be pushing for is the points system, it's the fairest and most effective idea of them all, I'm sure you'll agree with that.

And this system wouldn't benefit the likes of myself personally, I lived in Australia for over 2 years and will probably suffer in the short term under this system but it's the best way forward

Apart from that I still love you

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 10:43pm
So it seems we have to email these lads to join an organisation that we are members of already through ST's, Away Portal accounts, or both. Someone in an existing SC who is also an ST holder and an independent away fan (Claret Murph for example) would be heading for their 4th seperate entry to the FAI database were they to join this. It all seems a bit strange to me, I suppose we will wait & see how it plays out over the next while. 

-------------

Posted By: AntrimMan
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 10:50pm
Is anyone just so f**ked off with the whole thing that they don't really give a sh*te any more. 

It's not a constructive post at all but that's where I'm at. 

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Is anyone just so f**ked off with the whole thing that they don't really give a sh*te any more. 

It's not a constructive post at all but that's where I'm at. 

It has taken over my life for the past few weeks. I'm flat out in work, in the middle of buying a gaf and am still spending hours each day reading through 50 pages of arguments over travel clubs

Anger initially subsided but has picked up again since the U.S. game. We need to keep pushing this whilst it's in the public eye

-------------

Posted By: Neil Armstrong
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Embedded image permalink
Lads who are the 23 ROI clubs? is there a list?

-------------
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!

Posted By: LesVerts
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Embedded image permalink
Lads who are the 23 ROI clubs? is there a list?

http://www.fai.ie/ireland/fan-republic/supporters-clubs" rel="nofollow - http://www.fai.ie/ireland/fan-republic/supporters-clubs

-------------
SRFC 17/24

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 11:06pm
http://www.fai.ie/ireland/fan-republic/supporters-clubs

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 11:17pm
So going by that list YBIG are classed as one of the twenty three supporters clubs. FFS this whole thing is a shambles...they can't even get the number of supporter clubs right in official press releases  Pinch

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 11:23pm
some of those clubs are defunct or are just sst up since September 2012 up to 6 months ago. How come Gerry Reardon is not the FAI person that the lads are meeting rather than the security chief??

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Christ on a bike!

Brianie I've known you many years at this stage and have the upmost respect for you, but I completely disagree with you on the idea of a travel club. The only thing we should be pushing for is the points system, it's the fairest and most effective idea of them all, I'm sure you'll agree with that.

And this system wouldn't benefit the likes of myself personally, I lived in Australia for over 2 years and will probably suffer in the short term under this system but it's the best way forward

Apart from that I still love you
Thanks Gaz, Part of the reason for this is the lack of tranparency from the FAI, We are proposing a points system and as Ger said  if our scheme works could be the way forward in the Future! Our Bottom line is Ticket Allocation/Distribution by the fans for the fans but we will still pay for and receive tickets from FAI/Ticketmaster Thumbs Up

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 11:40pm
Would someone care to explain to me in as little detail as possible what the hell is going on? Cant make head nor tail of it Stern Smile

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 11:41pm
But can we not push for the point system from the offset? Instead of caving at the 1st stage and going with a travel club?

This seems to be the main gripe people have on here who are against your idea

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

Would someone care to explain to me in as little detail as possible what the hell is going on? Cant make head nor tail of it Stern Smile
Sandra Read the Thread PLEASELOL

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 11:43pm
Christ the FAI couldnt organise a piss up and a press release with the truth in it if you had a priest in the Jameson Distillery with a barrel of whiskey serving it for free whilst hearing confession.

They would still manage to send an alcoholic home sober feeling as if the priest and JD told him porkies.

3 calls today about a Düsseldorf/Köln/NRW supports club. Was a few lads from an un-named SC in a Dusseldorf pub that knew they had Scotland tickets when they were on the German trip, even sorted the bar man out with a few tickets for himself and his mate. Still cant and wont accept the idea.....feck i can get away tickets for the World Champions easier than for Ireland.

Added to that....by the time they have sorted out all their supporters clubs etc. they wont have feck all tickets for the Travel Club or whatever they call it. A clear database has to be in place where everyone regardless of membership/contacts has an equal chance based on ticket history.

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 11:47pm

I have and I am still none the wiser hahaha. Is this club the same thing as this?

twitter.com/OCowzer/status/535856740286607360

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 11:49pm

But can we not push for the point system from the offset? Instead of caving at the 1st stage and going with a travel club?

Been tried before and rejected, NRs points system, FAI opening a Portal to comply with  UEFA Regulation,(which was never utilised) and now Fans Direct,Need a different Approach imo, I dont trust the FAI to administer this FairlyThumbs Down

By the Fans for the Fans

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 11:54pm
If Scotland game had this travel club all that would have happened is a few hundred tickets would have gone to it. Vast bulk of tickets still completely unaccountable. We need to reject this strongly and publicly and reiterate the calls for full transparency.

-------------
Team Emmet

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 11:54pm

I have and I am still none the wiser hahaha. Is this club the same thing as this?

twitter.com/OCowzer/status/535856740286607360
No..........

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 11:57pm

<br style="font-size: 11.8181819915771px; line-height: 15.27272605896px;"><span style="font-size: 11.8181819915771px; line-height: 15.27272605896px;">This seems to be the main gripe people have on here who are against your idea
</span>

Been tried before and rejected, NRs points system, FAI opening a Portal to comply with  UEFA Regulation,(which was never utilised) and now Fans Direct,Need a different Approach imo

As I said, this is people's main gripe. Why should we be doing all of the compromise? NR's solution is fair, simple, transparent and very achievable to implement and run judging by the success other organisations have had with it.

It seems like you're accepting the FAI just saying 'nah, we're not going to implement that system lads, too much hassle', and we are expected to just go 'oh, that's fair enough then, let's do it your way and set up a travel club.'

Can you not see that?

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 12:03am

Been tried before and rejected, NRs points system, FAI opening a Portal to comply with  UEFA Regulation,(which was never utilised) and now Fans Direct,Need a different Approach imo, I dont trust the FAI to administer this FairlyThumbs Down

By the Fans for the Fans

Sorry Brianie I disagree with your approach and according to Sono's poll so does 80%+ of YBIG users. 

You're giving up one of the main issues that concerns folk on here i.e. transparency. 

Going down the Travel Club route fatally weakens the negotiating hand. Without transparency of the entire ticketing process I cannot and will not allow myself to become a member of either a Travel Club or a SC.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 12:04am
Brianie your travel club has almost all the same flaws as this nonsense scheme. Time to let it go , fai have shown how little respect they have for you and the rest of us. Pushing for any kind of club will be counterproductive and we will be left with this nonsense.

I hope most people here won't register for this club!

-------------
Team Emmet

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 12:05am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

By the Fans for the Fans

Sorry Brianie I disagree and according to Sono's poll so does 80%+ of YBIG users. 

You're giving up one of the main issues that concerns folk on here i.e. transparency. 

Going down the Travel Club route fatally weakens the negotiating hand. Without transparency of the entire ticketing process I cannot allow myself to become a member of either a Travel Club or a SC.
80 expressions of support and interest so farThumbs Up

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 12:10am

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

By the Fans for the Fans

Sorry Brianie I disagree and according to Sono's poll so does 80%+ of YBIG users. 

Going down the Travel Club route fatally weakens the negotiating hand. Without transparency of the entire ticketing process I cannot allow myself to become a member of either a Travel Club or a SC.
80 expressions of support and interest so farThumbs Up

That's all fine and dandy but it won't resolve the ticketing issue next October or God forbid we fail to automatically qualify and have to go through the playoff. God only knows what the demand will be like and with less than 4 weeks between the match in Warsaw and the playoffs I dread to think how tickets will be distributed.

The fact remains setting up the Travel Club severely weakens the negotiating hand.  

It appears from the poll a large proportion of folk are willing to remain outside the Travel Club and continue the fight for a fairer and transparent ticketing scheme.

-------------

Posted By: Percy
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 12:11am
wouldn't mind knowing the numbers in some of those supporters clubs listed.....

-------------
MERRY CHRISTMAS

@IrishPercy

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 12:15am
Polls on here are unreliable, What negotiang hand are you referring to/?, We now have over a 100 for the Travel Club, Where on the Fence do you sit/?

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 12:20am

Polls on here are unreliable, What negotiang hand are you referring to/?, We now have over a 100 for the Travel Club, Where on the Fence do you sit/?
I'm surprised your happy to go along with this even after FAI rolling out their fans direct rubbish today without letting ye know. 

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 12:25am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

I'm surprised your happy to go along with bronze,this even after FAI rolling out their fans direct rubbish today without letting ye know. 
Happy not the word , Still meeting with them, Only then will i be happy or un happy.........................

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 12:26am

I'm surprised your happy to go along with this even after FAI rolling out their fans direct rubbish today without letting ye know. 
Are you really surprised though? It was a different Brianie on here 3 weeks ago. I wonder where he is gone   

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 12:27am
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Are you really surprised though? It was a different Brianie on here 3 weeks ago. I wonder where he is gone   
Still the same BrianieThumbs Up

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 12:27am
Thank you for your e-mail to enquire about joining Fans Direct.

We will be holding stakeholder meetings among supporter groups and clubs during December and January to prepare the way for this process. We will keep you updated on progress in this area during this period and look forward to engaging with you to enhance your experience.

Thank you.

Fans Direct Team

Emailed asking how it was any diff to the away portal, got this reply

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 12:32am
That's what I love about the FAI, the way they reply personally to every enquiry they get.

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 12:33am
Enhance your experience. Here is a crazy suggestion, lads apply for a ticket, the FAI look up the relevant person's travel history, and if it is deemed acceptable by a form of public criteria (crucial bit), they get a ticket. Experience enhanced. 

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 12:37am

It was a simple question and the YBIG users unanimously voted against your proposed way forward. I have no reason to doubt its legitimacy.

The Travel Club weakens the negotiating hand by providing the FAI with an argument to beat the rest of us that are not affiliated with a SC or Travel Club. And we all know how good their PR machine is good at slinging mud. I can picture the FAI making statements about a 'handful' of disgruntled supporters when in fact we are campaigning for all.

You can set up the Travel Club but note it'll not stop the rest of us campaigning.

We are getting more and more determined by the day.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 12:40am

"By the fans , for the fans"

Yet in a democratic poll which goes against your view you march ahead anyway and call it unreliable. You couldnt make this stuff up . 

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 12:47am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Yet in a democratic poll which goes against yot
I am going to laugh at, Its insulting to the initial 80 who signed upLOL

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 12:49am

Yet in a democratic poll which goes against your view you march ahead anyway and call it unreliable. You couldnt make this stuff up . 
This has come up Barry How Many Games do you go to?

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 12:52am

[

Been tried before and rejected, NRs points system, FAI opening a Portal to comply with  UEFA Regulation,(which was never utilised) 

So the overwhelming majority of regular travellers got tickets for Estonia playoff and Poland by some class of giant coincidence so ??  Not buying this one. 

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 12:56am

This has come up Barry How Many Games do you go to?

What relevance does that question have ? Really like ? 

By the fans , for the fans. Cut the bullsh*t. Its for yourself. Your priority is making sure you are in the ground in Warsaw next October. Dress it up whatever way you like that's the truth and you know it.

Good night. 

-------------

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 12:59am
Delighted with this new portal which is exactly like the old portal which the FAI ignored

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 1:02am
Brianie I'm actually shocked by your behaviour on here. Barry & Kevin have worked their asses off for the last three weeks and yet yourself and gf do a solo run to undermine all your fellow supporters. If you don't represent us fine off ye go and stop posting on here.

-------------

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 1:16am

<span ="ProTweet---reply u-Visually"></span><span ="ProTweet---retweet u-Visually"></span><span ="ProTweet---favorite u-Visually"></span><div role="group" ="ProTweet-List u-cf js-s">

<div ="ProTweet- ProTweet---reply">

<div ="ProTweet- ProTweet---retweet js-toggleState js-toggleRt">

<div ="ProTweet- ProTweet---favorite js-toggleState">

<div ="ProTweet- ProTweet---more js-more-ProTweet-s">
      <div ="dropdown">

<div ="expanded- js-tweet-details-dropdown">

[URL=https://twitter.com/OCowzer/status/535856740286607360/photo/1" rel="nofollow]
    <div ="]
          Embedded image permalink

[/URL]

It's the last sentence that gets me. May as well read " it is intended that fans direct will not change one f**king thing and the fai will continue to distribute tickets however the f**k they like, no matter what you worthless cretins think".

-------------

Posted By: athlonecelt
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 1:29am
Why did FAI do this ?

Talk of embarrassing protest ensuing. Corporate functions to attend. Too late for FAI meeting.

So

1 Meet with stewards
2 Meet with gardai

....phew....dealt with.....
sh*t didn't go well

3. Quick someone ring a journo with our new ticket deal

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 1:31am
Just in from work,only seeing this now,So this is just like the old portal Stern Smilewhich probably means fook all difference.

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net