Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=50489
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 9:03am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 3 match ticket package
Posted By: ABFC
Subject: 3 match ticket package
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 9:38am
As noted in last nights program there's going to be a three match ticket package for Poland, Scotland & England. Any news on pricing for this?

Replies:
Posted By: Junior
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 9:49am
My mate who was at the game said it was 120€

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 9:51am
Prices from €120 was advertised in stadium last night

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Posted By: colmoc
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 9:56am
Would have to be. Think an extra England ticket alone when we bought our season tickets was €50

Posted By: AnCearrbhach
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 10:17am
€160 for 113 and no Student option, my ST for 7 games was €104 or abouts, how much are they charging for these games if thats what they want €70?

-------------
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 10:18am
Prices are €120,€160 and €200.

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 10:19am
Why is the FAI website still advertising season tickets ?When you click on the link there is none available .

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 10:40am
Where are they on sale RM?

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 10:51am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Prices are €120,€160 and €200.
Just had a look, my Cat B ticket for Germany last time was €38.

3 * €38 = €114 ...... Season Ticket €160 Confused

Unless they're planning on charging €85 for Cat B V England then there's no value in the new ST.

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 10:58am
No thanks !!!

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 11:33am
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

Where are they on sale RM?

When you click on ST link on FAI site,it brings you to this 
http://oss.ticketmastereurope.com/aps/fai/EN/buy/browse" rel="nofollow - http://oss.ticketmastereurope.com/aps/fai/EN/buy/browse

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 11:53am

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 11:56am
Seems pricey enough

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 11:56am
Its a good idea to keep tickets out of Scottish and english hands but price is crazy

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 11:59am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Its a good idea to keep tickets out of Scottish and english hands but price is crazy

€100 is fair for three games, and still €1 more expensive than a Bray ST Shocked

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

€100 is fair for three games, and still €1 more expensive than a Bray ST Shocked

Least Ireland can't be relegatedLOL

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 12:04pm
€100 would have been the perfect price. I think the price will keep tickets out of the Polish hands but not the Scots.

€100 to €160 would have been ideal to cover all the levels of the ground. They should really target the Christmas market. Three games + Ireland jersey would be a great present. However i see they have in bold lettering that tickets will not be received before Christmas. They really are idiotic when it comes to this stuff in the FAI. Little Johnny who usually supports rugby getting three soccer tickets and the jersey would be a great present for a kid.

Posted By: theheff1989
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 12:08pm
120 and the season ticket cost 135??Thumbs Down

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

120 and the season ticket cost 135??Thumbs Down

Ridiculous pricing structure. Typical from the FAI. They have an opportunity to capitalize on decent fixtures and get a full house but they price a lot out of the market although pricing for kids is good.

Upper Tier - €100
Lower Tier - €120
Premium - €140  ----- This would have been the perfect structure to get everyone behind the team.

Anyone know if ticketmaster can do a "only post to Ireland" function. We need to keep the Scots out of our section.

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 12:22pm
It had to be that price IMO. I could be wrong but as far as I remember the extra England ticket would have been €50 if you wanted it when buying season ticket. If the new hat-trick package was €100 then that would leave tickets for the qualifiers €25 each.
I reckon the poles will buy packages and sell the England and Scotland tickets handy enough

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 12:30pm
Ticket office just rang me.I was asking about my deposit for Scotland game and queried this when they called.
They basically said they are charging those prices because of the good fixtures.Thumbs Down
They can post out a gift card type thing before xmas and tickets will be sent on in the new year.Confused

If the FAI didnt want away fans getting tickets in the home section couldnt they just refuse anyone without an Irish address?

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 12:33pm

Ticket office just rang me.I was asking about my deposit for Scotland game and queried this when they called.
They basically said they are charging those prices because of the good fixtures.Thumbs Down
They can post out a gift card type thing before xmas and tickets will be sent on in the new year.Confused

If the FAI didnt want away fans getting tickets in the home section couldnt they just refuse anyone without an Irish address?

Then they're alienating fans like me living outside of Ireland, which makes another problem for them.

The solution is to accept fans with a purchase history. Either an FAI or Ticketmaster account.

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Then they're alienating fans like me living outside of Ireland, which makes another problem for them.

The solution is to accept fans with a purchase history. Either an FAI or Ticketmaster account.
True,didnt think off that.
FAI will sell them to anyone .They will just want a full house for all games.

Posted By: Jbyrne
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 1:39pm

most of the poles in attendance will be Irish based with Irish addresses. a lot of scots will have relations etc here and would find a way around such a policy.

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 1:43pm
They should offer season ticket holders/Loi clubs/supporter clubs a chance to buy extras before putting them on general sale to limit the number that could potentially fall into poles/scots hands. This along with the hat-trick package is about as much they can do

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 2:05pm
Season tickets were €138, €186 and €246.

If tickets are €120, €160 and €200, that means you've got three games already for €18, €26 and €46, with the next three games being way, way, way more expensive (although of course there is a difference between the games).

€100, €130 and €160 would even be fair. However, if they can sell them at those prices, fair play to them, but I think they might be charging a bit much.

Not having them on sale before Christmas is absolutely retarded, though.

-------------

Posted By: D24
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 2:28pm
Just wondering lads what the chances are of being refused having a child's ticket. I'm an old enough looking 19 but I've been to many a friendly with a child's ticket. Will they be stricter for the likes of these sellout games do yee reckon?
< name="Remote" allowtransparency="true" style=": ; left: -999px; top: -999px; width: 1px; height: 1px;">

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 2:44pm
You can buy them now you just won't receive the actual ticket/tickets until into the new year.

I didnt bother with the season ticket this year,will it be hard to pick up tickets for these 3 games other than buying this package? 

Any chance of getting SS tickets ?

Posted By: Deane
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 2:57pm
So you can no longer get season tickets? That's the little brothers Christmas present out the window since there is no Student option.

Or does he qualify for a child ticket being 17?

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 3:24pm
quite pricey. Our 135 Euro SS tickets were Cat C were they? What was the Cat B for the 6 games? I was saying to me dad last night that they would probably be 100. If you break down the price for the tickets on qualifiers and friendlies on a match by match basis in the first half versus the second half then it's a lot dearer which would be fair enough of the FAI had a ticketing policy like category A for big games and B for others but that is not the case so it seems a little unfair or another word greedy!

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

So you can no longer get season tickets? That's the little brothers Christmas present out the window since there is no Student option.

Or does he qualify for a child ticket being 17?
No more season tickets ,I asked her this morning when they called.
I dunno know about the age on children tickets.

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

quite pricey. Our 135 Euro SS tickets were Cat C were they? What was the Cat B for the 6 games? I was saying to me dad last night that they would probably be 100. If you break down the price for the tickets on qualifiers and friendlies on a match by match basis in the first half versus the second half then it's a lot dearer which would be fair enough of the FAI had a ticketing policy like category A for big games and B for others but that is not the case so it seems a little unfair or another word greedy!

116 is classed as CAT B for this scheme so I presume the SS is the same.

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 3:50pm
Sure the cup final was two weeks ago

Posted By: greenforever
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

If tickets are €120, €160 and €200, that means you've got three games already for €18, €26 and €46, with the next three games being way, way, way more expensive (although of course there is a difference between the games).

€100, €130 and €160 would even be fair. However, if they can sell them at those prices, fair play to them, but I think they might be charging a bit much.

So the season ticket was great value??

For the extra €18 we got Oman, Gibraltar, the USA and the FAI Cup Final.

Some people will never be happy, wanting better value for the ST and when it turns out great value they moan about the cost of individual tickets being too dear.

-------------
I know nothing :-)

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 4:17pm
I paid 108 for my season ticket although it was student ticket but shocking stuff all together. 

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Posted By: EastStandMan
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 4:17pm
Hate using online to buy anything . Does anyone know if there is a shop etc I can go into and buy the tickets with cash ??. 

-------------
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 4:19pm
Anyone know what age classes as a child no? Brother is 17

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 4:23pm
Yeah, exactly. The three match package is basically the remaining matches on the season ticket so it's close to the same thing. You might not get automatic priority renewal for the same seats for next year the same as a season ticket holder would but, frankly, you didn't buy a season ticket at the start of the season, so I have no real problem with that.

The *idea* is a very good one (as in, only having these "hat trick" tickets for sale until shortly before each match at which stage individual tickets go on sale) but the execution may not be the best in the world. Obviously, there are concerns over the pricing level (although if they manage to sell all they want to at the prices they have set, all good) and the Christmas thing as I pointed out before. The potential for a jersey & ticket package (which I think they put together last year), or a family package (including jersey, if desired), might increase sales.

I have one other concern - the priority given to season ticket holders to buy extra individual tickets for the England game. Again, in theory, this is a good idea. However, basically, for every extra ticket a season ticket holder buys for the England game, that leaves one less seat for the three game package. Season ticket holders should also be offered priority access to the three match package. If they only buy extra tickets for the England game, it means problems. It means they then have to sell tickets for the same seats *individually* for the Scotland and Poland games. I think we all know where the majority of those individual tickets will go. Season ticket holders should be given a discount on extra tickets for all three games compared to the list prices of €120, €160 and €200, assuming the FAI want the stadium full of Ireland fans in the home end and not away fans.

With the England tickets on sale for €49.50, it would be easy to persuade someone to pay twice that for tickets for Scotland and Poland on top, and it would remove those tickets from Scottish or Polish hands. €100, €140 and €180 for the "hat trick" packages for people who are already season ticket holders would seem fair enough, albeit they then lose priority access to even more England tickets (fair enough, frankly, as they would already have used up that access). Those prices are basically just a €20 discount on the full prices. I know I could persuade a few mates to pay €100 for tickets for the three games but could well have difficulty telling them tickets are €120 or €160.

-------------

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 4:24pm
I would buy a season ticket if i lived at home,but the truth is that i do go to way more away games than homes,( this campaign Georgia,Germany,Gibraltar and Poland away) , have booked flights for Poland at home and will book Scotland at home soon,doubt i will have the time off to make the England game,so i really hope there will be an option to purchase single tickets for each game.

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Posted By: caseballs
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by EastStandMan EastStandMan wrote:

Hate using online to buy anything . Does anyone know if there is a shop etc I can go into and buy the tickets with cash ??. 

Just send me your credit card and bank details and I'll sort it out for you. Don't worry you can trust me, I am a Nigerian Prince. Handshake

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 4:27pm

Call Marty Mcfly!

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

So the season ticket was great value??

For the extra €18 we got Oman, Gibraltar, the USA and the FAI Cup Final.

Some people will never be happy, wanting better value for the ST and when it turns out great value they moan about the cost of individual tickets being too dear.

Yeah, of course season tickets were great value. I just think they may have priced these wrong and may have difficulty selling packages at this price. That's my point; I am not complaining about the prices of season tickets at all. I am a season ticket holder (obviously) and I have no need to buy any of these packages. I want the FAI to sell these tickets to Ireland fans and I want the stadium to be full for each of the three games, with Ireland fans, but I think the FAI may have priced these tickets a little higher than they should have. I don't think they will sell them all at these prices.

Like I said, if they sell them at these prices, great.

Also, it turns out they are on sale right now, just that tickets won't be delivered until shortly before the matches, which is fine. You get a downloadable voucher yoke, which is grand.

I am *not* complaining about them being "too dear" insofar as I would be willing to pay that much if I wasn't a season ticket holder, just that I think they won't sell all the tickets they want to at that price, and it will result in individual tickets going on sale and being bought by away fans.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by caseballs caseballs wrote:

Just send me your credit card and bank details and I'll sort it out for you. Don't worry you can trust me, I am a Nigerian Prince. Handshake

LOL . 

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Call Marty Mcfly!

Has he a brother called Micky LOL . 

-------------

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 4:39pm
€120 for the sh*ttest seats for 3 games after we just lost a crucial qualifier.

They are taking the piss at that price. 

And as usual with the FAI, they have f**ked this up big time

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

So how much should they be charging?

If they charged say €90,would that not be an insult to the people who forked out for a season ticket?

Personally I don't give a sh*t, I've my season ticket, and felt it was good value at the time.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 4:49pm

Call Marty Mcfly!

Rang the FAI - they are getting back to me re info on buying tickets Thumbs Up. Feel like a bit of a tit tbh - never bought tickets before online . 

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 4:53pm

If they charged say €90,would that not be an insult to the people who forked out for a season ticket?

Personally I don't give a sh*t, I've my season ticket, and felt it was good value at the time.

Season tickets in the sh*ttest section were €138 for 7 games. So the Cup final and the 3 internationals this year were only worth €18?!

This is a package so this should also provide value, if not as much as the initial ST. I think €90 would be far more reasonable and how could STers complainConfused It would mean they got 4 games for 48 quid. €12 a match.

If you want to be pedantic, a round €100 for the 3 game package would be a lot more attractive than the overpriced current offering.

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 4:55pm
Well, €138, €186 and €246 were the prices originally.

Removing €20 for each of the three games to date (category C), plus €10 for the cup final, leaves you at about €70, or half the original cost. Removing only €18 is crazy and (this is the important point) not really an incentive for people to pay that for three games. Remember, these are people who were not big enough fans to buy season tickets in the first place, so now you are trying to sell them tickets at a significant premium to what more dedicated fans already paid for season tickets.

Any economics undergraduate will tell you that you aren't going to sell many tickets with that strategy. Demand has lowered (that is, season ticket holders have bought tickets already), supply is still plentiful, so increasing prices, by this much, is mad..... and increases the odds of single game ticket sales and away fans in the home end.

It should have been no more than €100 (€99 would make for easier advertising, too) for the cheapest tickets for the three games.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 5:00pm

Season tickets in the sh*ttest section were €138 for 7 games. So the Cup final and the 3 internationals this year were only worth €18?!

This is a package so this should also provide value, if not as much as the initial ST. I think €90 would be far more reasonable and how could STers complainConfused It would mean they got 4 games for 48 quid. €12 a match.

If you want to be pedantic, a round €100 for the 3 game package would be a lot more attractive than the overpriced current offering.

Or how about qualifiers and England are €45 each  friendlys €30 each or €240, so the ST gives a discount of 40% approx and a free ticket to the FAI Cup Final, a great deal for ST holders.

A hat trick package gives a €5 per match discount.

Will they sell the tickets at €120, who knows but they can always reduce them if not selling, of the sell too cheap they cant increase the price  

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 5:07pm
I've not problem with people who bought tickets first day getting better prices, it's only right that it works out at €20/game or whatever for them.

My point is that the seats I normally sit in were €37 for the Germany game 2 years ago, likely to be the same again (So in theory €114 - €130/€140 for the three this year).

If I want to buy those as a season ticket they want €160.

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 5:32pm

Or how about qualifiers and England are €45 each  friendlys €30 each or €240, so the ST gives a discount of 40% approx and a free ticket to the FAI Cup Final, a great deal for ST holders.

A hat trick package gives a €5 per match discount.

Will they sell the tickets at €120, who knows but they can always reduce them if not selling, of the sell too cheap they cant increase the price  

GF I know the ST was value. And nobody is disputing that.

It was €20 for a Cat C for the Oman, Gib and US matches.

I dont know how that has any relevance though?

They cant reduce the price. If they did, it would mean that they would have very unhappy customers who purchased before the price reduction.

All that this inflated priced package is going to do is put people off buying these. This will result in more tickets going on general sale. This will result in more home fans in our section. 

Do you want this? Because if you don't your argument doesn't stack up

Posted By: Byrne91
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Anyone know what age classes as a child no? Brother is 17

Pretty sure 16 is adult pal

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 5:53pm
17 is definitely adult. Definitely. Not sure if child is under 16 or 16 and under, but 17 is adult.

-------------

Posted By: LesVerts
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 6:05pm
They are up for sale now, they only have one seat available for €120

-------------
SRFC 17/24

Posted By: SByrne24
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 6:28pm

Posted By: LesVerts
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 6:33pm
Doesn't look like there is an option for paying in installments either.

-------------
SRFC 17/24

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 6:58pm

Posted By: EireJerome
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 11:36pm
Anyone know where the student options is on this Hat Trick package or if there will be one added soon? Surely that's just a mistake like??? FAI cant be that bad Thumbs Down

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 11:00am
Originally posted by EireJerome EireJerome wrote:

Anyone know where the student options is on this Hat Trick package or if there will be one added soon? Surely that's just a mistake like??? FAI cant be that bad Thumbs Down

I don't think there is going to be one unfortunately.

Posted By: starryplough
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 11:49am
People seem to be looking way too much into this. As reported at the time the season ticket was very good value and made sense to buy if you were going to the majority of the games included. If you missed out on it at the time thats unfortunate, but surely people didn't expect it to be half the price now given the three most attractive games are still to come?

On another point, can season tickets still buy any additional tickets for England game or has that ship sailed?

-------------
Some Clubs Are Bigger Than Others

Posted By: opa01
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 12:20pm
No more tickets for me - Season, Hattrick, singles or merchandise - until we see major change at FAI.

-------------
Will no-one rid me of this turbulent priest?

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by starryplough starryplough wrote:

People seem to be looking way too much into this. As reported at the time the season ticket was very good value and made sense to buy if you were going to the majority of the games included. If you missed out on it at the time thats unfortunate, but surely people didn't expect it to be half the price now given the three most attractive games are still to come?

On another point, can season tickets still buy any additional tickets for England game or has that ship sailed?

Extra tickets can be bought for €49.50 each for the England game.

In terms of the price of the tickets, the vast majority of those complaining are already season ticket holders (albeit there are a few others). I know I want the stadium to be full of Ireland fans for the Scotland, England and Poland games. I think the best way of ensuring that is lower prices than what they are proposing for the hat trick package. I'm not saying I expect it to be half the price of the season ticket as a matter of principle (it shouldn't be, frankly, season ticket holders deserve a good discount for their loyalty) but it should be a bit more than €18 cheaper!

They have to priced to attract fans who weren't committed enough to buy a season ticket in the first place, that's the point. An €18 discount is unlikely to do that.

-------------

Posted By: Just saying like
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 4:25pm
It will be interesting to see how this goes.  I know 4 lads all mid 20's who were at the match in Glasgow [home tickets bought from SFA] who bought the 3 match packet yesterday.  Glasgow was their 1st away match for all 4 lads and only 2 of the 4 had ever being at an Ireland match before.  They realise the season ticket was great value and were asking me how/when the could buy next time around.

-------------
I don't know what more we can do in terms of being open and transparent - John Delaney

Posted By: musicinmouth
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 5:18pm
Bought tickets today for those 3 games. Seems like a good way to avoid Polish / Scottish fans buying tickets.

Posted By: herbie
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 9:38pm
A 3 match ticket for part time/bandwagon supporters, where were they for the Oman game ? They don't want to see Ireland play, they want to see Scotland/England play. Of course they will all be in France telling us how they have being following the team for the last 15 years or more and how they got there tickets for the final's from the FAI. I have seen and heard it all before.The same people were sitting in the away end in Scotland.

-------------
"its the best trip iv ever been on"

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by herbie herbie wrote:

A 3 match ticket for part time/bandwagon supporters, where were they for the Oman game ? They don't want to see Ireland play, they want to see Scotland/England play. Of course they will all be in France telling us how they have being following the team for the last 15 years or more and how they got there tickets for the final's from the FAI. I have seen and heard it all before.The same people were sitting in the away end in Scotland.

ClapClapClapLOLLOLLOL 

Although it will keep English away chanting 'Fu*k the IRA' or the Scottish with that annoying Tartan army chant they can have their 1800 tickets.

Posted By: Mullingar
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 10:34pm
It makes the ST great value for real fans and Old Brigade could have bought them in the summer but the first 3 games were beneath them.

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 10:37pm
Once tickets go on sale here any eu national has a right to buy them.

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Mullingar Mullingar wrote:

It makes the ST great value for real fans and Old Brigade could have bought them in the summer but the first 3 games were beneath them.

ClapClapClapClapClapClap

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 10:39pm
16 and under of School kids ST

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 10:41pm

I seriously doubt, now i could be wrong that an away fan from either Scotland or Poland or England intend to pay for 3 match tickets for 3 Ireland games. Unless they live in Ireland it would just be stupid and a waste of money. 

Posted By: musicinmouth
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

ClapClapClapLOLLOLLOL 

Although it will keep English away chanting 'Fu*k the IRA' or the Scottish with that annoying Tartan army chant they can have their 1800 tickets.

Wow, that's ridiculous. So it's not possible for people to be fans and not go to every game?

Believe it or not, but some people here are giant fans but can't get out of work to travel to every game, or can't afford what it costs to travel to every game. 

I wasn't at the Oman game but I go to every game I possibly can - watching Ireland games means the world to me and has done for almost 30 years, even if I am at watching on tv at home with my Dad. 

I hate the elitism on here.

Posted By: brianie
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by musicinmouth musicinmouth wrote:

ClapClapClapLOLLOLLOL 

Wow, that's ridiculous. So it's not possible for people to be fans and not go to every game?

Believe it or not, but some people here are giant fans but can't get out of work to travel to every game, or can't afford what it costs to travel to every game. 

I wasn't at the Oman game but I go to every game I possibly can - watching Ireland games means the world to me and has done for almost 30 years, even if I am at watching on tv at home with my Dad. 

ClapYou will get tickets on hereThumbs Up

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by musicinmouth musicinmouth wrote:

ClapClapClapLOLLOLLOL 

I don't think he meant in that context and aimed it just at the Oman game. I took it he meant the bandwagoners in general who appeared in Glasgow for example but have never been to game in their lifes in Dublin just went because it was Glasgow and in Celtic Parkl, or the people who appeared in Poland but didnt go to one qualifying game at the Aviva.

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 11:23pm

Embarrassed

Stop talking sh*te.Sweeping generalisations like that make you look foolish.

Plenty of people have valid reasons not to get the ST.I didn't get one this year I knew I wouldn't be at some of the games.I have been a ST holder and a block booker.

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 11:50pm

Embarrassed

Plenty of people have valid reasons not to get the ST.I didn't get one this year I knew I wouldn't be at some of the games.I have been a ST holder and a block booker.

Rossie Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 9:20am

Only EU ?

What about American tourists ?

Or the illegal Nigerians that play LSL football every week ?

Will they be stopped on Lansdowne Road and be deported. ?

Posted By: gspain
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 9:35am

I seriously doubt, now i could be wrong that an away fan from either Scotland or Poland or England intend to pay for 3 match tickets for 3 Ireland games. Unless they live in Ireland it would just be stupid and a waste of money. 

The FAI are entitled to restrict sales to Irish fans only.  They have a right to eject any away fans found in the home section.

EU nationals (or non EU nationals) who are fans of the opposing sides should contact their own football association for tickets.  Neutral fans can sit in the home end without colours.

I've no problem with fans just attending the "glamour games" in Dublin.  No loyal fans can complain about being denied a home ticket.  The FAI had season tickets on sale for months.  We don't have 51,000 fans who wish to follow us at every (or almost every) home game.  The more home fans the better and hopefully some will become season ticket holders.

Posted By: Stoked Up
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 9:37am

Indeed.

On other threads many here were calling for the FAI to offer additional tickets to season ticket holders etc, etc., in order to keep Scottish/Polish fans from over running us and making it like a home game for them.

For once the FAI have got something right. The only people who'll be grumbling about the price are the ones who used to /*should've bought a season ticket in the first place.

* I know there are many Irish who live outside the country and cant attend all games, but there was a time in the old LR that they would've taken a BB ticket to ensure that they had at least got a ticket for the important games and offloaded same ticket when they were unable to to travel. ST should not be any different now that watching the team is coming back into fashion. 

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 10:03am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

we don't have 51,000 fans who wish to follow us at every (or almost every) home game.  The more home fans the better and hopefully some will become season ticket holders.

We had 30,000 loyal fans at Euro2012.
What happened to all of them ?

You know, the ones who got tickets from the FAI and havent been to a match since.
Well up until last Friday of course.

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 10:11am
Will there be individual match tickets going on sale?

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by ABFC ABFC wrote:

Yes,got  a reply to my email this morning,they will go on sale after Christmas.

-------------

Posted By: erimus
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 12:33pm

price mentioned?

-------------
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

price mentioned?

No,just that they will go on individual sale as they realize fans who live abroad cant go to all 3 games etc and to give the Hat Trick time as it only went on sale on Wednesday.

-------------

Posted By: erimus
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 12:38pm
How much are individual qualifier games anyway?

Im presuming the england game is 50 as thats what they offered us at the time

Maybe a dumbass question here, but can you still by a SS season ticket for 138? 
As that is 22 cheaper than the surrounding sections

-------------
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 12:42pm
Yep,50€,just checked my Germany ticket.

-------------

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 12:47pm

Is this including the England game? If money is kind to me might do both games that week.

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Is this including the England game? If money is kind to me might do both games that week.

I assume so,doubt i will make the England game,but i am 100% for Poland and Scotland,flights booked Big smile

-------------

Posted By: Dec72
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 12:54pm
Just back on the board, usually an interested reader rather than contributor....

I "used" to be a Block Booker since the scheme started, along with my Dad. We haven't been to any matches this season and are considering the 3 match package.

The BB invites stopped after Oman. Does anyone know if the scheme has now been replaced by ST? Or indeed if the 3-match package is a variation on the ST? Cheers

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

we don't have 51,000 fans who wish to follow us at every (or almost every) home game.  The more home fans the better and hopefully some will become season ticket holders.

No we didn't. They never claimed to be loyal fans. When theyre available, all the best to them. Why the begrudging?

Posted By: Stoked Up
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

No we didn't. They never claimed to be loyal fans. When theyre available, all the best to them. Why the begrudging?

I can't speak for Gaz, but from me and my brothers POV, who had been BB's for over 20 years and some had been to Germany, USA and Italy, but found themselves *excluded this time.
So if that's begrudging lads who don't go to to home games and somehow jumped on the tournament bandwagon, and got tickets, yes.
I'm all for newbies who want tickets for the upcoming 3 games and welcome them and the FAI's initiative to get them onboard, but like all the fans here who feel aggrieved over not getting tickets for the Scotland game, we felt the exact same over Poland.

* I got one ticket off the back of my clubs vantage scheme, but my 3 brothers were all shafted.

Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 4:10pm
Personally scotland was my first away game, only 21 now so the last campaign would have been the only one id have been able to go to anyway and lack of money or having to work stopped me from going to thise away games (had the Leaving Cert on at the same time as the Euros which sickened me) had it booked back in February. I loved it and i will be going to as many aways as possible (definitely to warsaw and possibly to Faro if i can manage that one financially as well) but to be honest its kind of a bittersweet feeling to see it. 
On the one hand its great to see so many Irish travelling over as it kind of gives you the impression that there's a buzz around the team again, on the other hand i've been to fairly close to every home game friendly or otherwise since my first game which was Russia at home in a friendly in 2002, my dad buying the tickets until i was old enough to pay my own way in. Ive been to the Andorras and the San Marinos and you cannot shift a ticket for those for love nor money. Even Slovakia in the last Euros qualifying campaign i could basically move around at will and sit in any seat around me for the best possible view, and this for what was going to be a tight game! One person i knew in Poland had even bet a good bit of money on Ireland not to qualify for the Euros and when they did, he moaned about all the money he lost. But right enough he was there for the big piss up. I might be wrong but there seems to be a lot of that and it does make me disillusioned to see such a small crowd at some of our previous games at home when i'd have done anything to have been in Bari, Moscow etc

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 4:15pm
I do think the ticket package is somewhat of a good idea though, as its possible that a lot of people will just come for the England match (maybe some who have no interest in following actual Ireland football at all) so incentivising people to buy the three tickets is a good idea.

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 8:43pm

Embarrassed

Where did i mention ST ? It makes you look very foolish puting up a quote and replying to something different !

-------------

Posted By: WindBag
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 11:35am
Where in the stadium are these tkts for, does anyone know?..
114/115?

I need to buy some for friends coming with me from Abu Dhabi...only way I think I will get tkts for them...

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 11:48am
Originally posted by WindBag WindBag wrote:

114/115?

I need to buy some for friends coming with me from Abu Dhabi...only way I think I will get tkts for them...

none in 114/115 .I think the only ones in that area are 116 and they are €160.

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 12:54pm
I wonder how these are selling. Reckon they'll be sold out before Christmas?

Posted By: Declanus
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 12:55pm
I know two people who have bought them for Christmas presents for family members

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 2:08pm

Originally posted by WindBag WindBag wrote:

114/115?

none in 114/115 .I think the only ones in that area are 116 and they are €160.
Some in 113 too last time I checked, may have gone in the meantime

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net