Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=49315
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 2:01am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Make it Irish
Posted By: Double Maxim
Subject: Make it Irish
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 6:57pm
Though born in Ireland I have spent the majority of my life living in Sunderland but I have always made a conscious effort to buy Irish products when at all possible over here.
Obvious examples would be Keerygold Magners Caffreys DairyGold Tulamore Dew Cork Dry Gin
Tayto crisps Guinness Jamesons Murphys Stout etc etc

Not so obvious Gallaghers bread Donegal Bolands biscuits Aldi Irish mushrooms Galtee White and Black Pudding Barrys Tea Butlers Irish chocolates etc etc 

Anyone on here think along the same lines?

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Replies:
Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 7:15pm
some stuff in supermarket i would. kerrygold when buying butter, barrys tea, flahavans porridge, soda bread (because bread in the uk is woeful goo). 

The local sainsburys and asda each have irish sections along with every other large minority sections here.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 7:47pm
Does alcohol count?

Jamesons' whiskey Thumbs Up

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Does alcohol count?

Jamesons' whiskey Thumbs Up
of course it does. Drank plenty of it last weekend in England. Irish all the way   

Posted By: darmack
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 10:05pm
Always try and get my club orange (rock shandy as a back up).
Irish mince, and low low cheese. Something strange with English cheese.

-------------
The dark side.. And the light

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 11:01pm
Hummmm  good question ......

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: Dear Old Roker
Date Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 10:11am
Sheirdans Irish liqueur. Thumbs Up

-------------
The Roker Roar will never die

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Dear Old Roker Dear Old Roker wrote:

Sheirdans Irish liqueur. Thumbs Up

Bought a bottle in January and sank it in a few days. Lovely

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 11:47am
Eire 32 Wanted to know does searching for Irish birds on x hamster count. .

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 11:55am
did he tweet that.

-------------

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Eire 32 Wanted to know does searching for Irish birds on x hamster count. .

LOL
In my book that's a yes! Big smile

Posted By: MasterOfApples
Date Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 2:39pm
I certainly don't go around looking for Irish labeling. For me it's all about quality. If its top quality, I will buy Irish, if it isn't I won't. 

Date Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by MasterOfApples MasterOfApples wrote:

I certainly don't go around looking for Irish labeling. For me it's all about quality. If its top quality, I will buy Irish, if it isn't I won't. 

Of course it would have to be quality and if it is I like to support Irish industry when possible by buying Irish products.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 10:55am
Just tucking into a nice bit of Gallaghers of Donegal toastie white loaf its quality.
Clap

-------------

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Just tucking into a nice bit of Gallaghers of Donegal toastie white loaf its quality.
Clap

Irish brand name but surely the product you are buying isn't produced in Ireland ?

Posted By: eire32
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 12:02pm
Use to..
But now i just buy what's the cheapest

Posted By: Dear Old Roker
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 12:14pm
I've been getting stuck into the bottles of Magners in Wetherspoons pubs since they slashed the price from £2.99 a bottle to £1.99 a bottle in their UK pubs.

-------------
The Roker Roar will never die

Posted By: ftm
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 3:16pm
I'll have a piece of that action with the Magners at that price.

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Clap

Irish brand name but surely the product you are buying isn't produced in Ireland ?

Looks like it to me I bought it from Home Bargains  in Sunderland it says on the pkt produced in the ROI by Gallaghers Bakery Ardara Co.Donegal Ireland.
http://www.GallaghersBakery.ie" rel="nofollow - www.GallaghersBakery.ie  

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 4:03pm
Funny never buy Irish drink when i am abroad or anything Irish at all . I have said before , i really can't understand people who drink Guinness outside of Ireland who live here . 

Or to put it another way , off to Dublin tomorrow to drink the best pint of Guinness in the world for me .........

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Funny never buy Irish drink when i am abroad or anything Irish at all . I have said before , i really can't understand people who drink Guinness outside of Ireland who live here . 

Or to put it another way , off to Dublin tomorrow to drink the best pint of Guinness in the world for me .........

I only tend to drink Guinness in England on St Patrick's  Day and some Sunderland away matches.

Always drink Guinness when I'm in Ireland.

Beer

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 4:15pm

I only tend to drink Guinness in England on St Patrick's  Day and some Sunderland away matches.

Beer
Just can't do it DM when back in the UK as i know i would only be disappointed . i have said before when i was in OZ in 2000 my best mate who has been there for 25 years said you just have to try it as it is just like home . I told him it will not be the same gave him the whole story etc etc then only went for a glass as he really wanted me to try it .
Well i said " Paddy you have been away form home far to long " it was pi$$ and only had to gob fulls .
Goodness DM when you have been in Dublin and you get home why would you buy it  ???????

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 4:40pm

Beer
Just can't do it DM when back in the UK as i know i would only be disappointed . i have said before when i was in OZ in 2000 my best mate who has been there for 25 years said you just have to try it as it is just like home . I told him it will not be the same gave him the whole story etc etc then only went for a glass as he really wanted me to try it .
Well i said " Paddy you have been away form home far to long " it was pi$$ and only had to gob fulls .
Goodness DM when you have been in Dublin and you get home why would you buy it  ???????

Rarely drink Guinness in England just on the great day St Pats Day as I like to drink Irish products i.e.Guinness Magners Jamesons etc. and as I say the occasional Sunderland away game if the beer in the pub is iffy. I've  had some very good pints of Guinness in Shepherds Bush and Arsenal over the years.

You may find this difficult to believe but I usually drink Double Maxim in Sunderland.
Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 4:57pm

Beer

Rarely drink Guinness in England just on the great day St Pats Day as I like to drink Irish products i.e.Guinness Magners Jamesons etc. and as I say the occasional Sunderland away game if the beer in the pub is iffy. I've  had some very good pints of Guinness in Shepherds Bush and Arsenal over the years.

You may find this difficult to believe but I usually drink Double Maxim in Sunderland.
Wink

Now DM talking about double Maxim they sell it in Athenry but brewed here , just like the real thing i have been told LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

-------------

Posted By: ftm
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 5:14pm
TJ Doyles and Kilmartins in Sunderland always did a cracking pint of Guinness Vesta Tilleys is the place for it now.

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 7:21pm

Clap

Looks like it to me I bought it from Home Bargains  in Sunderland it says on the pkt produced in the ROI by Gallaghers Bakery Ardara Co.Donegal Ireland.

must be some sort of long life stuff,no way can it be fresh bread.They are hardly flying over loafs of bread every day Big smile

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 7:24pm

Whats wrong with drinking Guinness outside of Ireland ? I have drank pints in England before that were every bit as good as here.Granted some places it can be sh*te but you can get a crap pint a few hundred yards away from the brewery.

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 7:31pm

Whats wrong with drinking Guinness outside of Ireland ? I have drank pints in England before that were every bit as good as here.Granted some places it can be sh*te but you can get a crap pint a few hundred yards away from the brewery.

My first pint of Guinness was in Boston and have never looked back. This pub was renowned for their savage pints of black. Even me ex's dad who visited couldn't believe how good it was. Have had some great pints in some bars in the uk too.

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 8:16pm

Funny never buy Irish drink when i am abroad or anything Irish at all . I have said before , i really can't understand people who drink Guinness outside of Ireland who live here

Me too.
Never drank it in the 8 years I lived in London.
But I surprisingly drank copious amounts of it San Francisco two years ago and it was gorgeous.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 8:27pm

Clap

must be some sort of long life stuff,no way can it be fresh bread.They are hardly flying over loafs of bread every day Big smile

Its the best thing since sliced bread.
Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 8:30pm

Beer

Wink

Now DM talking about double Maxim they sell it in Athenry but brewed here , just like the real thing i have been told LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Are you PLastic Bari in disguise?
Big smileBig smileWinkBig smileBig smile

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2015 at 6:18am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Funny never buy Irish drink when i am abroad or anything Irish at all . I have said before , i really can't understand people who drink Guinness outside of Ireland who live here

Me too.
But I surprisingly drank copious amounts of it San Francisco two years ago and it was gorgeous.
For me it can never be as good as certain pubs in Dublin so why tease yourself and say yerrrr this is great when we you know it's not .

A bit like drinking VB or Fosters in OZ now would you say it's just as good here or in the UK Confused

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2015 at 6:45am

Me too.
For me it can never be as good as certain pubs in Dublin so why tease yourself and say yerrrr this is great when we you know it's not .

A bit like drinking VB or Fosters in OZ now would you say it's just as good here or in the UK Confused

Who does the Guinness in your local compare to the Guinness in Dublin?

-------------

Posted By: heppies
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Dear Old Roker Dear Old Roker wrote:

I've been getting stuck into the bottles of Magners in Wetherspoons pubs since they slashed the price from £2.99 a bottle to £1.99 a bottle in their UK pubs.

Is that really the new price for Magners?
Shocked

Posted By: roverstillidie
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 11:26am
Guiness is an English beer brewed by a French company based in London.

Its about as 'Irish' as an Intel chip.

-------------
He is Karl Pilkington in the LOI section and Karl Marx outwith it

Date Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Bottom line is that its Dublin jobs at Guinness.
Thumbs Up

-------------

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 6:39pm

These days large companies are not 'owned' by countries.
Indeed in some cases its the other way round.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Posted By: irish_goat
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 10:50pm
All the profits from Guinness are exported out of the country anyway, plenty of Irish owned breweries out there instead though.

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 12:27am

but Guinness has never been Irish. It's a marketing thing. Sure they fired everyone they suspected supported the rising and didn't hire a catholic master brewer until the 50's

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 12:33am

but Guinness has never been Irish. It's a marketing thing. Sure they fired everyone they suspected supported the rising and didn't hire a catholic master brewer until the 50's

Maybe all the Catholic master brewers were sh*t at brewing

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 8:08am
Well the ones who got a chance did grand

-------------

Posted By: Madferret
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 10:25am
Protestant Guinness a little harsh & austere, Catholic Guinness hard to take too seriously, tho has a lovely creamy head Father. 
No, I must say I'm a big fan of the Buddhist Guinness...have often entered the Zen Circle in Tallaght Village after about twelve pints.

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 9:26am

Guinness in Camden is quality.

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 6:20pm

Bollands Coconut cream biscuits.
Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 6:36am
Had some chicken yesterday from Greene King Farm made in Ballygarvery Rathowen Co Westhmeath very nice indeed.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 7:57am
Think I'll be on the Woodgate Irish cider from Lidl tonight strong and cheap.

Mon YBIG.

Beer

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2015 at 1:42am

I'll be getting stuck into the Tullamore Dew & Magners this festive season.
Beer

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2016 at 7:16am

Nice drop of Cork Dry Gin and Magners draught last night.
Beer

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 6:27am

O'Haras red ale from the Carlow Brewing, Company County Carlow is available from Wetherspoons from the 11/03/16 as part of their ale festival.

-------------

Posted By: ROW-X
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 1:23am
A good hot chicken roll Thumbs Up

-------------

″He’d be a great man to decorate your Christmas tree, wouldn’t he?” Brian Kerr

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 6:53am
Originally posted by ROW-X ROW-X wrote:

A good hot chicken roll Thumbs Up

Cool 

The Irish Roast Turkey Breast Slices in Aldi are quality.
Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 7:19am

I had a bag of Keogh's Roast beef & Irish Stout crisps last night.

Very nice indeed.

Thumbs Up

-------------

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 4:18pm

But now they hire anyone if they're suitably qualified etc etc.

Some of my best friends had great grandparents who worked for the DMP.... should I not be friends with them as a result?

The misdeeds of our forefathers are not our misdeeds.

-------------

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 11:14pm
If this thread was any way authentic all the posts would be in Irish

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 7:10am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

If this thread was any way authentic all the posts would be in Irish

Is that why your post is in English!
Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 25 May 2016 at 7:06pm
Thumbs Down 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiWr6jb5_XMAhWFAxoKHfFpDfoQqQIIHTAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Firishpost.co.uk%2Ftesco-remove-irish-food-section-200-british-stores%2F&usg=AFQjCNGMY5uirDMfePJBcM-MekIfAt2YLA" rel="nofollow - Tesco to remove Irish food section from over 200 of its British stores - Irish Post
Irish Post   

-------------

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 25 May 2016 at 9:10pm

Thumbs Down 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiWr6jb5_XMAhWFAxoKHfFpDfoQqQIIHTAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Firishpost.co.uk%2Ftesco-remove-irish-food-section-200-british-stores%2F&usg=AFQjCNGMY5uirDMfePJBcM-MekIfAt2YLA" rel="nofollow - Tesco to remove Irish food section from over 200 of its British stores - Irish Post
Irish Post   

Will save me a fortune, this !

Seriously though, disappointed to read this.

Posted By: GoneToShowgies
Date Posted: 26 May 2016 at 11:25am
http://www.anphoblacht.com/contents/23408" rel="nofollow - http://www.anphoblacht.com/contents/23408  

Guinness's – 'Steadfast in their loyalty to the British crown'

Date Posted: 27 May 2016 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

http://www.anphoblacht.com/contents/23408" rel="nofollow - http://www.anphoblacht.com/contents/23408  

Same company provides a lot of work to a lot of Irish people.

Posted By: eire77
Date Posted: 28 May 2016 at 3:38am
Originally posted by heppies heppies wrote:

Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Same company provides a lot of work to a lot of Irish people.

God bless capitalism. Down with moral fortitude. Civilisation is measured by gdp alone.

-------------
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2016 at 10:29am

https://www.google.co.uk/url?url=https://www.facebook.com/TheIrishPost/posts/10154863709713452%3Fcomment_id%3D10154863845763452%26comment_tracking%3D%257B%2522tn%2522%253A%2522R%2522%257D&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiO46Pgho7NAhWHDMAKHRZhBckQFggjMAM&usg=AFQjCNFsquVvWakc_cHovmenfQg7mDCaFA" rel="nofollow - The Irish Post - Asda, Morrisons and Sainsbury's will NOT... | Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/TheIrishPost/posts/10154863709713452?...

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 6:04am

Getting a taste for Beanies Irish Cream Flavour Coffee from Sainsburys very need indeed.

Thumbs Up

-------------

Posted By: Jonesy
Date Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 12:44pm

Getting a taste for Beanies Irish Cream Flavour Coffee from Sainsburys very need indeed.

Thumbs Up

Not the sort of Irish coffee I enjoy MUST have Jamesons in it.
Cool

-------------
Get Double Maxim in the Clarehall Dublin Tesco ASAP

Date Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 11:18am
Kilbeggan Irish whiskey is a nice drop. Clap

Date Posted: 25 Dec 2016 at 10:05am
I will be doing my bit for Irish industry today getting stuck into Magners and Jamesons.

Beer

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 10:47pm
Anyone on here try the Liberties Oak Whiskey?

Very nice indeed.

-------------

Posted By: ccfcmurphy
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 5:47pm
Just back from Germany and I'm starting to get annoyed by the lack of hot food Delis in countries other than Ireland a croissant for breakfast just doesn't do it for me. Is there a reason for Irelands superior deli culture?

-------------
There's no point being the richest man in the graveyard

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 5:58pm
Yes, the fact that whole island is never more than five minutes/one drink from starting a monstrous hangover that can only be cured by processed meat and bread rolls.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by ccfcmurphy ccfcmurphy wrote:

Just back from Germany and I'm starting to get annoyed by the lack of hot food Delis in countries other than Ireland a croissant for breakfast just doesn't do it for me. Is there a reason for Irelands superior deli culture?

What exactly were you looking for?

There's also reason why the girls are not walking around with monster neds in places like this...

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

There's also reason why the girls are not walking around with monster neds in places like this...

Reminds me of a story I read on here after Euro 2012 about some girl complaining about how skinny the Polish girls were, how it was "unfair", while she tucked into a full Irish breakfast and the Polish girl had a banana and yogurt for breakfast. 

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 9:40pm

Spot on. Now im not averse to the odd brekkie roll from time to time but the food in these delis is absolute prcoessed she-ite. Bar the odd brekkie roll i generally avoid them like the plague.

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 9:52pm

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Spot on. Now im not averse to the odd brekkie roll from time to time but the food in these delis is absolute prcoessed she-ite. Bar the odd brekkie roll i generally avoid them like the plague.

I blame the Spar ya na.
Wink

-------------

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 6:26pm

Anyone on here try the Liberties Oak Whiskey?

Very nice indeed.

Just got it into the pub I work in..Had a training day for it and some of their other products. Not a whiskey fan but I find their stuff nice!If i sell the most of it in the bar I win a hamper of their stuff so I'm really pushing itLOL

Posted By: ccfcmurphy
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 12:51pm

I would have killed for a Jambon

We were also discussing why all the women were skinny and not plastered with make up , This clears it all up and bring a whole new meaning to the word deli belly LOL

-------------
There's no point being the richest man in the graveyard

Date Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 6:25am
I'm going to be making it Irish today Gallaghers Irish bread from Donegal Tayto crips Guinness Magners Pogues Irish Whishey and Tullamore Dew,

Not all for breakfast though.Wink 

BeerBeerBeer

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 11:48am
I had a bottle of the Galway Bay Buried at Sea ale 5% a chocolate milk beer very nice indeed.

Thumbs Up

-------------

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 11:53am

I had a bottle of the Galway Bay Buried at Sea ale 5% a chocolate milk beer very nice indeed.

Thumbs Up

Is very nice indeed

Of Foam and Fury is another one of Galway Bay's which I enjoy

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Thumbs Up

Is very nice indeed

I will have to try that one bud.

Thanks for the heads up.

Shame about Murph pulling out of Fridays game.
Thumbs Down

-------------

Posted By: AntrimMan
Date Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 12:04pm

Thumbs Up

Is very nice indeed

A fantastic beer!

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Posted By: daboi89
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 12:53am

I would have killed for a Jambon

We were also discussing why all the women were skinny and not plastered with make up , This clears it all up and bring a whole new meaning to the word deli belly LOL

i paid for 2 nights B and B in the Netherlands at the weekend

the breckfast was f**king woeful

selections of hams, salami and cheese, crossants and jams

the only thing that saved the day was boiled eggs.. 4 slices of toast and 2 eggs..    not great for the extra €15

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 10:42am
We had a grand breakfast in Molly's Irish bar, Amsterdam over the weekend which does the breakfast for the Hotel France next door. Scrambled eggs and bacon as well as the cheese's, hams, boiled eggs (hot and cold), salad and plenty of teas's and coffee. Was grand but you can't beat the Irish sausages, black and white pudding, beans etc etc

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 10:49am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

We had a grand breakfast in Molly's Irish bar, Amsterdam over the weekend which does the breakfast for the Hotel France next door. Scrambled eggs and bacon as well as the cheese's, hams, boiled eggs (hot and cold), salad and plenty of teas's and coffee. Was grand but you can't beat the Irish sausages, black and white pudding, beans etc etc
I thought this was a Tan thing, the beans on breakfast. I love beans on toast, should be nowhere near a breakfast though.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: d13dave
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 11:01am
Agree 100%. No place on a breakfast. They cover half the plate on the full English. Its simply not on/

Great snack on decent quality toasted break with lashing of hot sauce salt and black pepper. Even a poached or fried egg on top if your feeling naughty.

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 11:13am
If I was doing the full fry at home for meself it would include beans. You need a filler on the plate and I might even ad the yankee hash brown to make me even fuller.
In saying that if I was in a cafe getting a fry I wouldn't necessarily order beans cause i'm fussy about the amount and quality. Has to be Bachelors and none of that catering quality sh*te with semi hard beans on the plate!

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 11:26am
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

Agree 100%. No place on a breakfast. They cover half the plate on the full English. Its simply not on/

Great snack on decent quality toasted break with lashing of hot sauce salt and black pepper. Even a poached or fried egg on top if your feeling naughty.
ClapClap
Cheese is great on them too, or, even better, make cheese on toast and cover it with beans and a poached egg on top. Some Encona hot sauce as an accompaniment.

With a breakfast you get the bean sauce all over the sausages and rashers, destroys the whole thing. In a ramekin on the side is just about acceptable, if pretty pointless. It just seems like a waste of beans.

-------------

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 11:54am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

ClapClap
Cheese is great on them too, or, even better, make cheese on toast and cover it with beans and a poached egg on top. Some Encona hot sauce as an accompaniment.

With a breakfast you get the bean sauce all over the sausages and rashers, destroys the whole thing. In a ramekin on the side is just about acceptable, if pretty pointless. It just seems like a waste of beans.

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 12:08pm

ClapClap

LOL
I did write it in a Partridge voice, although I do take the flagrant misuse of  beans seriously though.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 12:42pm
https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/food/2017/0320/861065-the-rising-cost-of-an-irish-fry/" rel="nofollow - https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/food/2017/0320/861065-the-rising-cost-of-an-irish-fry/
enjoy the main pic in this article lads

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 12:43pm
Bosco ?

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Bosco ?
LOL I assume the link is not working...I shall try again

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 12:47pm
Beans as part of the fry

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 12:53pm

https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/food/2017/0320/861065-the-rising-cost-of-an-irish-fry/" rel="nofollow - https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/food/2017/0320/861065-the-rising-cost-of-an-irish-fry/
Several faults with that picture! That is clearly an English breakfast. Toast instead of Irish brown bread,no pudding and that is very clearly an English sausage, not a proper Irish breakfast sausage. It is to be expected from the shoneens at Montrose though.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 12:54pm

Several faults with that picture! That is clearly an English breakfast. Toast instead of Irish brown bread,no pudding and that is very clearly an English sausage, not a proper Irish breakfast sausage. It is to be expected from the shoneens at Montrose though.
Thought you'd like it

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 1:32pm
I like beans but never on the same plate. I'm very fussy about my sausages as well. That's why I generally prefer making it myself than going anywhere for breakfast. Sausages have to be Superquinn, Tescos finest or from a decent butchers. No cheap or jumbo sausages. Denny sausages are muck. I love black and white pudding but I wouldn't make them them that often.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 1:37pm

No wonder there are job cuts in RTE if they pay people to write this dirge......

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I like beans but never on the same plate. I'm very fussy about my sausages as well. That's why I generally prefer making it myself than going anywhere for breakfast. Sausages have to be Superquinn, Tescos finest or from a decent butchers. No cheap or jumbo sausages. Denny sausages are muck. I love black and white pudding but I wouldn't make them them that often.
Very messy alright, blood everywhere.

-------------

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 1:49pm

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Very messy alright, blood everywhere.
Buy them, cook them, f**k off.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 1:58pm

I hope that Barry O'Rourke is a competition winner,woeful article .

If you take the few things he mentioned its about 10c more for them now compared to 2008.

Beans have no place on a fry btw.

Posted By: HuntysCousin
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 2:33pm
You really do learn something new every day, I thought everyone has beans with a fry! I could barely eat one without them, I think they're great. Black pudding is far superior to white pudding also

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net