Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=49171
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:48am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Leap bus card?
Posted By: The Count
Subject: Leap bus card?
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 12:54pm
whats the sotry does anyone know.  You can buy credit online but you still have to go to a 'load location' to collect it, wtf Confused

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 12:57pm

-------------
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 12:58pm
Thumbs Up

-------------

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 1:03pm
LOL

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 1:03pm
here's a mad idea ye thick..,......... http:///www.leapcard.ie/en/Home.aspx" rel="nofollow - http:///www.leapcard.ie/en/Home.aspx

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

here's a mad idea ye thick..,......... http:///www.leapcard.ie/en/Home.aspx" rel="nofollow - http:///www.leapcard.ie/en/Home.aspx

read that, doesnt explain

shamtravel is letting itself down here Thumbs Down

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 1:08pm

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

whats the sotry does anyone know.  You can buy credit online but you still have to go to a 'load location' to collect it, wtf Confused
Yeah absolute cock up when they were designing it. They associated the money with a card rather than an account, so ya need the physical card with you when buying credit (ie in a shop or at a luas stop).

Posted By: cm79
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 1:14pm
I don't think that explains it well enough Sham.

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by cm79 cm79 wrote:

I don't think that explains it well enough Sham.
bit vague in fairness

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 2:16pm
The problem is the buses - they need to take the money off the physical card. They don't have an internet connection at all, as far as I am aware. How would it be possible to design a system where you can top up online, without your card being modified or having anything added to it by a machine, and then have the bus machine, which only reads the card and has no online access, know money has been added? The luas and irish rail ones could easily be made work with an online system but the buses, not so much.

I don't know how they are able to replace credit if you lose your card - presumably the bus machines are downloaded at the end of the day with something so they can tell what cards were used. I really don't know though.

-------------

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 3:02pm
Jesus that's some f**k up. It's not as if Dublin was the first city in the world to bring in a leap card.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 3:04pm
Lads, I think you are all missing the main point, the unbelievable but yet believable thickness of The Count. It's actually at GerK levels.

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 3:17pm

Lads, I think you are all missing the main point, the unbelievable but yet believable thickness of The Count. It's actually at GerK levels.

read the first post, it states "TOP UP ONLINE" on the leapcard site which is great Clap but then to get your credit that you topped up online for you then have to go to a shop to get it ConfusedConfusedConfused

But Shamtravel comes up tops again, i wont top up online and I will top up at a luas stop Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 3:32pm
Count having a horror show here. Firstly by the way, it's not as your title describes it a "luas bus card" its a payment card for many forms of transport, but anyhow...... Yes to top up online you collect it at the point you designate, a bit ridiculous, but no big deal. I posted the whole info so someone like yourself, could see all the options as you were quite obviously confused by the whole thing, specifically including the option to top up in 400 odd outlets in Dublin, in the hope that it may be of use to you, and help you out of the awful conundrum you found yourself in. Now make me a mod so I can ban you for utter numptinessThumbs Up

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 3:43pm

Count having a horror show here. Firstly by the way, it's not as your title describes it a "luas bus card" its a payment card for many forms of transport, but anyhow...... Yes to top up online you collect it at the point you designate, a bit ridiculous, but no big deal. I posted the whole info so someone like yourself, could see all the options as you were quite obviously confused by the whole thing, specifically including the option to top up in 400 odd outlets in Dublin, in the hope that it may be of use to you, and help you out of the awful conundrum you found yourself in. Now make me a mod so I can ban you for utter numptinessThumbs Up

again, read the post above this Sham, not too hard to decipher original query that was then answered + poor setup query of so called 'ONLINE TOP UP' has been addressed by others.  Keep up the good work ClapClapClap

-------------

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 3:55pm
It's a joke, went to do it online before so it would be on before i went for the bus home, 2/3 days then pick it up in a train station, what a cock up

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

again, read the post above this Sham, not too hard to decipher original query that was then answered + poor setup query of so called 'ONLINE TOP UP' has been addressed by others.  Keep up the good work ClapClapClap
yer some beaut

Posted By: sausy
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 4:03pm
Can't believe no one has said it already.

BUS mailto:W@NKERS" rel="nofollow - W@NKERS !!!!

-------------
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"

Posted By: BigPodge
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

See 1st reply ya mong

-------------

Posted By: sausy
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

See 1st reply ya mong

just a blank repy from SH. Most pics don't show up when I'm at work for some reason.

-------------
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 6:04pm

See 1st reply ya mong
Shocked You better hope that thedream does not see this reply or he will be baying for your expulsion from here LOL

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 6:19pm

See 1st reply ya mong

just a blank repy from SH. Most pics don't show up when I'm at work for some reason.

BLANK POST w**ker

-------------
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 8:02pm
Stupid w**ker (Count). Thumbs Down

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 10:19am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Stupid w**ker (Count). Thumbs Down
Clap

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net