Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=47568
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 7:26am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Sherwood to be sacked
Posted By: Trap junior
Subject: Sherwood to be sacked
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 9:49pm
News leaking out of the Lane tonight that Levy has lost patience with the new spurs boss.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Replies:
Posted By: brianie
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

News leaking out of the Lane tonight that Levy has lost patience with the new spurs boss.
LOL

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 6:57am
Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

LOL
Very good TJThumbs Up

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 8:16am
LOL   TJ  LOL

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 8:37am
Looks like TJ's excellent humour might actually be factually correct Wink

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/9079629/capital-one-cup-tim-sherwood-is-unsure-about-his-future-with-tottenham-after-loss" rel="nofollow - http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/9079629/capital-one-cup-tim-sherwood-is-unsure-about-his-future-with-tottenham-after-loss

-------------
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 11:33am
Just spotted this on wiki -

During his time at the club Dalglish had wanted to sign both Zinedine Zidane and Christophe Dugarry who were playing in France for FC Girondins de Bordeaux, however Rovers owner Jack Walker reportedly said to Dalglish: "Why do you want to sign Zidane when we have Tim Sherwood?"[2]

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: theheff1989
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 11:49am
Whenever you see one of these threads. You know it's Trap Junior.

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 11:49am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

During his time at the club Dalglish had wanted to sign both Zinedine Zidane and Christophe Dugarry who were playing in France for FC Girondins de Bordeaux, however Rovers owner Jack Walker reportedly said to Dalglish: "Why do you want to sign Zidane when we have Tim Sherwood?"[2]
ClapLOL

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 12:59pm
Yes thats a famous one about ZiZou that poor Sherwood's had to live with.

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 1:03pm
In fairness Tim Sherwood was a decent player and that prob would have been around 92-93-94 timeish Zidane wasn't too well known until just before he left Bordeuax.

Saying that also found this which sickens me
"Zidane was offered to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newcastle_United_F.C." rel="nofollow - Newcastle United for £1.2 million, but the club turned down the offer after watching him, claiming that he was not good enough for the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_League_First_Division" rel="nofollow - First Division "

Posted By: El_nino
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

LOL

Posted By: sid waddell
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 12:12am
I met Tim Sherwood once. He was sitting beside Kevin Moran in the Blackburn Rovers players' lounge. I had been talking to Moran about the then upcoming Dublin v Derry 1993 All-Ireland football semi-final. When Sherwood heard I was a Dublin fan he asked me: "Do you know Keef Baaaahhh?"

-------------
Edited by Trigboy 10 at 10:03pm

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 1:30pm
Getting the heave hoe from Spurs at the end of the season.

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 1:35pm
Hardly a surprise. 

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Northerner
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 5:55pm
What's happening with all these players he was going to sign?

Posted By: Jackthelad
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 6:14pm
He's buying them on championship manager instead, winning the league on his xbox and then going back to WHL and saying I told you so.
This isn't the end of it.

-------------
Oh Poland we loved you.....

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Jackthelad Jackthelad wrote:

He's buying them on championship manager instead, winning the league on his xbox and then going back to WHL and saying I told you so.
This isn't the end of it.

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 7:34pm
Sherwood statement

"Im setting this team up to win a football match for the benefit of club and fans" Confused

Eh Tim is that not the general idea anyway? 

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 7:42pm
I'll be absolutely gutted for my old mate Tiger Tim if these reports prove true.

He has brought pride, passion and great football back to White Hart Lane and always gives 110%. He quickly turned the club around after the massive damage inflicted by Andre Villas Bluffer.

-------------

Posted By: BaileNuisBhoy
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 7:44pm
Delighted for the arrogant pr!ck. Way out of his depth..

-------------
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!

Posted By: Boban
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 8:53pm
Would be shocked if Spurs want to let him go.One of the most progressive,forward thinking young coaches in the game.Id say its more likely he's been offered a bigger job.Expect to see him in the Man U,Arsenal or England hotseat next season where his passion and wearing of his heart on his sleeve will be more appreciated.

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 9:21pm
If ever there was a team playing for their manager it is right here at The Tottingham Hotspur Stadium. 

Posted By: Steve Amsterdam
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 9:56pm
Press here saying Van Gaal is the one spurs want, and he's listening. Could be interesting.

-------------
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!

Posted By: Man from Del Monte
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Press here saying Van Gaal is the one spurs want, and he's listening. Could be interesting.

It's a shoe-in.

-------------
say yes

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 10:35pm
Was on the verge of breaking down in tears there.

Players fought for him tonight. If, and its a huge if, Spurs do go on a run of good results for the next month it will at least give the Board a decision to make on the possibility of giving him more time. So somewhat its in his hands and thats how he shoukd be thinking and getting his players to think.

Was always a stop gap in my opinion. Only thing that surprised me was he was given an 18 month contract. Should have been just given til the end of this season

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 10:48pm
I'm backing Tiger Tim to win the final five matches and finish on a total of 74 points. That'll be an outstanding achievement given the mess he inherited. 

-------------

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Players fought for him tonight. If, and its a huge if, Spurs do go on a run of good results for the next month it will at least give the Board a decision to make on the possibility of giving him more time. So somewhat its in his hands and thats how he shoukd be thinking and getting his players to think.

Was always a stop gap in my opinion. Only thing that surprised me was he was given an 18 month contract. Should have been just given til the end of this season

Think spurs would rather spend the money on 12 month contract and have Sherwood think he has the job on a longer term. Think that was the thinking

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by Boban Boban wrote:

Would be shocked if Spurs want to let him go.One of the most progressive,forward thinking young coaches in the game.Id say its more likely he's been offered a bigger job.Expect to see him in the Man U,Arsenal or England hotseat next season where his passion and wearing of his heart on his sleeve will be more appreciated.
I could see him taking up a post as a Maths lecturer at Harvard.

-------------

Posted By: El_nino
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 7:43am
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

This.  Was never going to be anything else unless he finished in the top 4.  Even then i don't think Levy would keep him on.  He did a good job steadying the ship when he first came in and he must be commended on that.  Spurs fans at WHL demand free flowing attacking football something they never got under AVB however Sherwood sets up his teams to have a go (home or away).  Some abysmal results along the way but also some very good one's.

Whoever comes in during the summer has a massive job ahead of them.  Can't see Levy splashing the cash this summer unless a number of players are offloaded.

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 10:03am

Id say a number of clubs looking at his situation. Including Man U.

Would he go back to Barca? 

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Steve Amsterdam
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 10:11am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Id say a number of clubs looking at his situation. Including Man U.

Would he go back to Barca? 

Nah. Nothing to accomplish at Barca as the current squad has already won pretty much everything.
He is a coach that wants to creat something. Plus of oucrse the fact that he despises teh Spanish media.

United could be a go, as Moyes and the team have shown that it is time for a complete overhaul. The players were able to squeeze out one last good season for Ferguson, but many of the players needd to be shifted. Van Gaal likes these kind of jobs, and has proven succesfull at it. But he will need time though.

-------------
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 10:23am
Van Gaal certainly has the ego for the United job.
I reckon he will end up at Spurs though.

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 10:24am
Whilst i think United will keep a watchful eye they really need longevity. LVG doesnt seem to hang around too long and is 60 odd now. 

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by Boban Boban wrote:

I could see him taking up a post as a Maths lecturer at Harvard.

LOL
Tim's desire and commitment would make him an excellent candidate for this role.Would be a huge loss to football though.

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 7:24pm
Harvard Maths 110 Summer Exam 2015

Lecturer: Tiger Tim Sherwood

Time allowed: 90 minutes.

Exam to be marked out of 110%.

Question 1: How many sides are there in a square ball?

Question 2: The angles in a triangle add up to how many degrees?

Question 3: What percentage chance does Andre Villas Bluffer have of succeeding in management? Give your answer to two decimal places. 

Question 4: Without using an odd number, name three numbers which, when added together, add up to 11. You may use the same number more than once. 

Question 5: 11 football players run at 100 miles per hour for 90 minutes. What is the total distance travelled by the 11 players?

Question 6: If a football player eats a pre-match meal consisting of 3,000 calories, and runs at 100 miles per hour for 90 minutes, burning 3,000 calories in those 90 minutes, what percentage effort has he had to give to burn off the 3,000 calories?

------

Answers:

Question 1: 1 - it's a simple straight line from A to B. 2 will also be accepted as an answer as both the attacking side and the defending side have to deal with it. 

Question 2: 110 degrees, as the points of the triangle are constantly moving. You gotta keep moving on the pitch.

Question 3: 3.14% - Pi (in the sky). 

Question 4: 4+4+2 = 11.

Question 5: They've come a long way.

Question 6: 110%.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Apr 2014 at 3:13pm
2-0 down in opening 5 vs west brom

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 04 May 2014 at 3:12pm
Danny Murphy who was very critical on Felix Magath (Johnny foreigner) last night on MOTD but of course when asked about Tim Sherwood (English) Danny says "I think he's done really well. He's passionate, knows the club inside out"

And the coup de grace "If he had that 100m that Baldini wasted last summer, TOTTENHAM COULD HAVE BEEN IN THE TOP 4" LOLEmbarrassed

LOLLOL

Give me RTE's blow with the wind analysis anyday

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2014 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Danny Murphy who was very critical on Felix Magath (Johnny foreigner) last night on MOTD but of course when asked about Tim Sherwood (English) Danny says "I think he's done really well. He's passionate, knows the club inside out"

And the coup de grace "If he had that 100m that Baldini wasted last summer, TOTTENHAM COULD HAVE BEEN IN THE TOP 4" LOLEmbarrassed

LOLLOL

Give me RTE's blow with the wind analysis anyday

One of the commentators on MOTD last week described Magath as 'The Tony Pulis of German Football'.Unbelievable.He's won the Bundesliga 3 times FFS. 

Date Posted: 09 May 2014 at 2:10pm
The tactical genius has been told by some of his players that he'll not be manager next season. The knives are out!

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 09 May 2014 at 2:25pm
Best win record in the EPL

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 09 May 2014 at 2:25pm
Psg want him I believe

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 4:45pm

Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 4:49pm
A supporter has taken Sherwood's place on the bench.

#RaceForSixth

Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 4:51pm
It'll be a pretty disgraceful dicision to sack him this summer. He's a football man, knows the club and is passionate

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 4:52pm

It'll be a pretty disgraceful dicision to sack him this summer. He's a football man, knows the club and is passionate

I hope this is a joke.

Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 4:55pm

Tim will return

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 5:01pm
He will be pissed off about that. It is one thing being replaced by Van Gaal or De Boer. Still the young fully has better tactical knowledge, is passionate and knows the clube inside out
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

A supporter has taken Sherwood's place on the bench.

#RaceForSixth

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 5:47pm
Tiger Tim has done a superb job at Tottenham. 

If, as seems to be the case, he's let go by them, I'd be delighted to see him come in as assistant to Brendan Rodgers. Tim has already won one title at Anfield and I've no doubt he can win a second. 

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 5:54pm
Sherwood when asked if the fan he invited into the dugout will be the next Spurs manager: "Nah, he's English"

Jaysus he really thinks that's why he's getting sacked.

Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 6:06pm

I hope this is a joke.

You must think very little of my satirical skills TA. I was quoting from the BBC panelists Ministry Of Truth glossary

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 6:49pm

I hope this is a joke.

You must think very little of my satirical skills TA. I was quoting from the BBC panelists Ministry Of Truth glossary

I hate this fookin phrase.

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2015 at 1:10pm
TJ again with his ear to the ground with the latest sackingsClap

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net