Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=46244
Printed Date: 24 Apr 2024 at 2:56am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: punishment for drunk and disorderly behaviour
Posted By: ringerbell
Subject: punishment for drunk and disorderly behaviour
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 9:23am
Had my graduation yesterday and ended up having a few to many and got arrested for public order offence. Went into the station this morning and was told no charge sheet was presented to me but the guard wasn't on duty to ring tonight to speak to him. Just wondering does anyone have any experience with this and know what I might be looking at. Was my 1st time being in trouble with the guards as well

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Replies:
Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 9:29am
You and your Jaegerbombs

According to Monty Python's Life Of Brian, for a first time offence you'll probably get away with a crucifixion

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 9:30am
The only advice I'd give would be to go to the station as opposed to ringing. It shows a level of remorse that the guard will respect (I've done this, not for a PO offence though) Talk to him sensibly, explain the circumstances surrounding the offence, let him see what you're like when sober.
If the offence was minor there's a good chance it'll be a slap on the wrist from the guard

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 9:54am
Bring the guard a breakfast roll too with a can of lilt and you won't have a problem. A copy of the hogan stand wouldn't go amiss either.

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 9:59am
Worst you'd get here RB is a caution and even then you can challenge it and the likelyhood is the cop cant be arsed doing the paperwork and will drop the charge long before it even gets mentioned about court

Just tell him you and Paddy are best buds and won match's together - should work the trick for ya 

-------------

Posted By: novice
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 10:12am
If he does bring it to court you'll get a fine with a complete strike out. So pay €150/200 and no more will be mentioned of it, if it goes that far!

Posted By: Stretchryan
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 10:16am
You will be tossing the salad in no time.

But seriously!

In my experience from years back a charitable donation should suffice as long as didn't completely abuse the arresting officer

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 11:29am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

The only advice I'd give would be to go to the station as opposed to ringing. It shows a level of remorse that the guard will respect (I've done this, not for a PO offence though) Talk to him sensibly, explain the circumstances surrounding the offence, let him see what you're like when sober.
If the offence was minor there's a good chance it'll be a slap on the wrist from the guard

This is what I wanted to do but unfortunately im back home and not near the station. I will ring tonight to talk to him and let him tell me what is going to happen. I mostly want to talk to him to apologise for wasting his time etc and explain the circumstances around it (graduation). As I am involved in youth work need to find out if this is going to effect that

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 11:44am
you're in for some serious time

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 11:47am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

better learn to not drop the soap then so. I know its not a serious crime its just never been in trouble with the guards before and would like to know what's the possible outcomes for me

-------------

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 11:48am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

better learn to not drop the soap then so. I know its not a serious crime its just never been in trouble with the guards before and would like to know what's the possible outcomes for me

slap on the wrist, not worth worrying about

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 11:54am

slap on the wrist, not worth worrying about
thats what I think as well as I know I cooperated with them and they let me out at 4 this morning after getting few hours sleep. when went into the station this morning the guard on duty
told me there was nothing written up about it and no fine was issued. Will contact them tonight to apologise and set my mind at ease

-------------

Posted By: darmack
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 11:56am
See if Eire32 can give you some help from the inside.

-------------
The dark side.. And the light

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 12:14pm
So they wouldn't give you your charge sheet then

Bit like Elmo. The cops have stitched you up. 
Expect to see "Ringerbell is a Rat" on the walls of your hometown anytime soon

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

So they wouldn't give you your charge sheet then

Bit like Elmo. The cops have stitched you up. 
Expect to see "Ringerbell is a Rat" on the walls of your hometown anytime soon
I asked in the station today was I charged and she said no so hoping thats the case

-------------

Posted By: kimbap
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 12:22pm
Nothing to worry about.Can be a bit of a wirey situation but the cops know a scumbag from a drunk sound lad.It would be better if you called in personally but a phone call will be grand.Very unlikely there would be any paperwork as the cop cant be arsed and as i said they'll have plenty of paperwork to do for others.Very worst scenario here is you pay a charitable donation.More likely you ring the cop and thats the end of it.

It should be noted i know nothing of the law but was in this situation when i was younger and just about everyone of my mates has at some time as well.

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 12:50pm
If you didn't get a charge sheet ,forget about it.Nothing gonna happen now.Did they arrest you are just put you into a cell for your own safety.
You could ring and apologise but I wouldn't be giving a donation or anything like that.The most you will get is an adult caution.

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

If you didn't get a charge sheet ,forget about it.Nothing gonna happen now.Did they arrest you are just put you into a cell for your own safety.
You could ring and apologise but I wouldn't be giving a donation or anything like that.The most you will get is an adult caution.

tbh im not sure if was arrested or it was for my own safety. The guard in the station said I was arrested for a public order offence and I asked was it drunk and disorderly and she said yes. I was let sleep it off in a cell and let out at 5 to 4 this morning

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 1:04pm

tbh im not sure if was arrested or it was for my own safety. The guard in the station said I was arrested for a public order offence and I asked was it drunk and disorderly and she said yes. I was let sleep it off in a cell and let out at 5 to 4 this morning

I would forget about it,give the copper a ring if it puts your mind at ease  but best thing to do is go for a skin full now.

Posted By: hulkhogan
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 1:06pm
Guards are dickheads, happened to me before. Got thrown in a cell for the night, I was absoloutely f**ked and had no money and the guards threw me out about 5 in the morning to fend for myself. Got no charge sheet, couple of months later got a letter telling me I needed to go to court

-------------
Whacha gonna do

Posted By: Fintan
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 1:29pm
Do not sign an adult caution if you can take a fine to get away with a caution pay it whatever it is. That caution will come up on an enhanced British CRB check for time immortal and you would have to declare it for many jobs especially youth work. I took a caution for the exact same thing and it has caused some serious bother for me re jobs. Good luck and don't beat your self up over it. Many many people from all walks of life have been in a similar situation.

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 1:31pm

I would forget about it,give the copper a ring if it puts your mind at ease  but best thing to do is go for a skin full now.

+1

Call the cop,put your mind at rest then go for a pint.

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 1:58pm
Panic, thats all you can do now.

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Fintan Fintan wrote:

Do not sign an adult caution if you can take a fine to get away with a caution pay it whatever it is. That caution will come up on an enhanced British CRB check for time immortal and you would have to declare it for many jobs especially youth work. I took a caution for the exact same thing and it has caused some serious bother for me re jobs. Good luck and don't beat your self up over it. Many many people from all walks of life have been in a similar situation.

You sure it was an adult caution you got? Its not a choice of fine or caution, you have to go to court to get a fine a caution is just done in the station with the superintendent.
Was it in Ireland or Britain you got the caution ?

Posted By: Max Power
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 2:04pm
You definitely didn't get charged if they didn't give you your charge sheet, they will always give you your charge sheet when leaving the station if you have a court appearance, if not then they just detained you "for your own safety and the safety of others around you". You got away with it and you won't hear from them again I wouldn't think. I'd still give your man a bell to apologize for wasting their time tho, just to stay on the good side of them.

-------------
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

You definitely didn't get charged if they didn't give you your charge sheet, they will always give you your charge sheet when leaving the station if you have a court appearance, if not then they just detained you "for your own safety and the safety of others around you". You got away with it and you won't hear from them again I wouldn't think. I'd still give your man a bell to apologize for wasting their time tho, just to stay on the good side of them.

Yeah I will ring him tonight when he is on duty and apologise or being a mess and it will put my mind at ease as well. Early graduation ceremony was the killer normally I'm the one making sure everyone else is staying out of bother

-------------

Posted By: novice
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 2:40pm

Not true unfortunately. Got arrested on Stephens day. Got letter 3 weeks ago! Exact same thing!

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by novice novice wrote:

Not true unfortunately. Got arrested on Stephens day. Got letter 3 weeks ago! Exact same thing!

Was the letter a summons to go to court or what. I'm hoping he will look kindly on me seeing as it was my 1st time in trouble with the guards

-------------

Posted By: Max Power
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by novice novice wrote:

Jaysus thats mental

-------------
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 3:21pm

Yeah I will ring him tonight when he is on duty and apologise or being a mess and it will put my mind at ease as well. Early graduation ceremony was the killer normally I'm the one making sure everyone else is staying out of bother

You could well get a summons to court. If you do, show up with €200 odd and chances are you should get off with a strike out and a payment to charity. Tell the judge it was out of character, you apologise completely, you'd like to avoid a conviction for work purposes, that you are willing to make a donation to charity and that you have a sum of money in court.

Incidentally, where did this happen? Dublin city centre or somewhere suburban?

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

You could well get a summons to court. If you do, show up with €200 odd and chances are you should get off with a strike out and a payment to charity. Tell the judge it was out of character, you apologise completely, you'd like to avoid a conviction for work purposes, that you are willing to make a donation to charity and that you have a sum of money in court.

Incidentally, where did this happen? Dublin city centre or somewhere suburban?

It happened up at home dave in donegal. I am going to ring the guard later when he's on duty and see what the story is I have no problem paying a sum of money to a charity if it means not getting a conviction. The guard in the station earlier was some help as I explained it was out of character etc and she told me I wasn't charged with it so to ring the station tonight and chat to the guard who arrested me

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 3:36pm
Well, just not being charged doesn't mean you won't be summonsed. I dunno what the judge in Donegal is like, is all. If it was Dublin, I might know, but not Donegal.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 3:42pm

Well, just not being charged doesn't mean you won't be summonsed. I dunno what the judge in Donegal is like, is all. If it was Dublin, I might know, but not Donegal.

Yeah I know there is the possibility of being summonsed happened a friend of mine last year during college and was told to pay €100 to local charity not sure if he got conviction or not. Il know more after a contact the guard tonight as will ask about all this as the guard earlier mentioned something about on the spot fine that could be payed

-------------

Posted By: JUICEBOMB
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 4:04pm
No charge sheet= no charge.........as was said I wouldn't worry about it.

-------------
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard

Posted By: greenforever
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

No charge sheet= no charge.........as was said I wouldn't worry about it.

Not true

Youre watcing too much love hate   

-------------
I know nothing :-)

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 8:39pm
Speak nicely face to face with the arresting Garda, and ask him did he spray Elmo is a rat?

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Speak nicely face to face with the arresting Garda, and ask him did he spray Elmo is a rat?

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 9:03pm
To ring the Garda station now in a minute so hopefully will have some update on what's going on

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 9:05pm
What did ya actually do Ringer?

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 9:11pm

If it's a first offence and at the lower end of Drunk and Disorderly I'd say you'll get a slap on the wrists i.e (No conviction)and payment to the Court poor box

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

What did ya actually do Ringer?

I'd be lying if I said I actually new sono, the curse of the jagger struck again

Just off the phone to the Garda and he told me I was arrested for my own safety and wasnt causing any real trouble bar being a little loud. Told me not to worry that it will be going no further as I cooperated totally with them and was no real trouble at all. He also said he appreciated the apology

-------------

Posted By: darmack
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 9:22pm
Well that's good news so.
If it was for your own safety you must have just been falling all over the place.

-------------
The dark side.. And the light

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 9:23pm
Was totally out of character for you to drink so much ringerbell. What happened ;-)

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 9:25pm
Ah good news. A decent guard, so.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Was totally out of character for you to drink so much ringerbell. What happened ;-)

I gave into peer pressure knew I should of stayed on the ballygowan water

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 9:26pm

Ah good news. A decent guard, so.

Yeah he came across as an ok sort told me not to be worrying at all that it wouldn't be going any further didn't even give the lecture on drinking to much

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 9:38pm
Good lad ringer you did the right thing, all's well ends well

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 9:43pm
Fair play,

Figured it would go no further,he'd want to be a right pr1ck of a guard.Almost all my mates have been in similar situations (and myself!) I think the guards pretty much know if you're a bad sort or not,especially in a small town.I be p1ssed off if i had to pay a donation of any sort if i wasnt bothering anyone else.I would be straight onto a solicitor if there was even any talk of a conviction for something so minor.Ya must be relieved all the same!

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

Fair play,

Figured it would go no further,he'd want to be a right pr1ck of a guard.Almost all my mates have been in similar situations (and myself!) I think the guards pretty much know if you're a bad sort or not,especially in a small town.I be p1ssed off if i had to pay a donation of any sort if i wasnt bothering anyone else.I would be straight onto a solicitor if there was even any talk of a conviction for something so minor.Ya must be relieved all the same!

Yeah was relieved to hear it as being involved with youth work having any kind of conviction is a disadvantage

-------------

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 10:02pm

Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

Fair play,

Yeah was relieved to hear it as being involved with youth work having any kind of conviction is a disadvantage
You may also have found yourself being kicked out of the offical EK 1Direction supporters club. We can't have lads with convictions bringing controversy to our club ;-)

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 10:58am
Might be still worth a bit of an oul panic anyway

Posted By: flow
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 11:57am
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Might be still worth a bit of an oul panic anyway

the main thing is not to panic

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 3:10pm
RB did you at least have a drinking cap on while worshipping the jeger gods?

-------------

Posted By: deco911
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Drinking cap a big no no

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Ringer you should go out and celebrate and get absolutely smashed.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: ShayGivensBum
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 8:22pm
A good lad is ringerbell. Glad it went no further

Posted By: brissy
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 8:35pm
If you get realished from a garda station with out a charge sheet you can still be summoned,esp if theres other people involved i got let out of a police station years back and ended up in court 12 months later,that was after a few statements and the dpp.Phone up the copper see what he says and if he asks you to give a voluntary statement tell him to f**k him self,till them come to you- DPP call the shots

Posted By: Del-Piero
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 8:36pm
Graduating from LYIT is an emotional occasion, I would have found myself in your situation last year had I not opted for 20+ sambuca's instead of Jagers.

You live and learn young man, good to hear it won't haunt ya, now get out there and find a job Thumbs Up

-------------
I don't quite see how you cherish the memory of the dead by killing another million. And, this is not combat, it's an act of lunacy, General Sir.

Personally, I think you're a f**king idiot.

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by Del-Piero Del-Piero wrote:

Graduating from LYIT is an emotional occasion, I would have found myself in your situation last year had I not opted for 20+ sambuca's instead of Jagers.

You live and learn young man, good to hear it won't haunt ya, now get out there and find a job Thumbs Up

graduating at 10 in the morning was the biggest contributor to this,Lucky he was a sound guard. The hunt for a job has been on since finished in may and will continue

-------------

Posted By: Jackthelad
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 8:51pm

Didn't read all the posts on this thread.
Agree with the above though.
Hope all is sorted ringerbell. Scruffs wouldn't give a monkeys but you don't want your good name tarnished.
Hope it all works out.

-------------
Oh Poland we loved you.....

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 12:51am
Originally posted by Jackthelad Jackthelad wrote:

Didn't read all the posts on this thread.
Agree with the above though.
Hope all is sorted ringerbell. Scruffs wouldn't give a monkeys but you don't want your good name tarnished.
Hope it all works out.
ideally I would of visited him in person but as was back home wasn't able to so rang him up last night and he told me was nothing to worry about that it would be going no further which put me at ease

-------------

Posted By: Jackthelad
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 8:56am
Happy days so!

-------------
Oh Poland we loved you.....

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net