Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=46165
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 4:26pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Roma- Blonde hair blue eyes
Posted By: Sham157
Subject: Roma- Blonde hair blue eyes
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 1:25pm
Searched for another thread on the whole greek roma thing, but it has now apparently arrived here too

Gardaí have removed a seven-year-old girl from a Roma family in Dublin and taken her into care.

Officers called to a house in Tallaght yesterday afternoon.

They spoke to a Roma family living there and saw a number of children, including the seven-year-old girl who has blonde hair and blue eyes.

The parents told gardaí the child was their daughter, but gardaí were not satisfied with the explanation or with the documents that were produced.

Gardaí used their powers under the Child Care Act and removed the child from the family.

It is understood she is now in the care of the Health Service Executive.

It is believed the HSE will make an application to the courts for a temporary care order.

The development comes a day after a Roma couple in Greece were remanded in custody for allegedly adducting a four-year-old girl.

The couple claimed the girl's biological mother willingly gave her to them as a baby because she could not look after her.

The discovery of the girl, known as Maria, has prompted thousands of calls with leads from across the world as authorities try to track down her real parents.

DNA tests have shown that the girl was not born to the Roma couple

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/1022/481996-dublin-child/" rel="nofollow - http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/1022/481996-dublin-child/

Replies:
Posted By: WindBag
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 1:27pm
freaky....but might be a bit of an over-reaction from Gardai...

They weren't happy with Roma's parent explanantion or evidence so they take her away...hmmm

Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 1:30pm
DNA test will sort it all out. Any scientific sorts on here (not the Perth wan) able to shed any light on the odds of a dark skinned dark haired roma couple having a blonde hair blued eyed chissler? couldnt imagine there being the remotest chance but suppose you never know

Posted By: Dukla
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 1:32pm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_white_woman_syndrome" rel="nofollow - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_white_woman_syndrome

-------------

Posted By: HateHenry
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 1:33pm
Incredible, hope something good comes from all this, gives hope to many families missing children..Just to quantify the actions of the Gardaí...A doctor/geneticist has been on radio expressing the huge unlikeliness of 2 black haired Romas , dark eyes, having a blond haired blue eyed offspring..It is basic biology.(I think these searches will become more commonplace Windy..It has to be done if there are chances these groups are stealing/buying/selling children)

-------------
Polska Bialo Czerwoni

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 1:34pm
I suppose this will lead to a cross borders clamp down on them.

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Posted By: FranDaMan
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 1:43pm
Shes better off away from them regardless of whether or not they are her biological parents....

-------------
Are ya a lady burd or a dirt burd?

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

DNA test will sort it all out. Any scientific sorts on here (not the Perth wan) able to shed any light on the odds of a dark skinned dark haired roma couple having a blonde hair blued eyed chissler? couldnt imagine there being the remotest chance but suppose you never know

They've already had the DNA test it came back negative. The only thing they know she's 5 years old from a dental sample and speculating she's eastern European, so vague.

Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

They've already had the DNA test it came back negative. The only thing they know she's 5 years old from a dental sample and speculating she's eastern European, so vague.
Thumbs Up

Posted By: Funsize Crouchy
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 2:01pm

Are you talking about the one in Greece or the one in Dublin?

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 2:40pm
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/girl-taken-from-dublin-family-over-identity-concerns-1.1569292" rel="nofollow - http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/girl-taken-from-dublin-family-over-identity-concerns-1.1569292

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: Vivakenbarlow
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 2:50pm
They said she was born in a hospital that has no record of it

Not to mention the dodgy birth cert

The garda were bang on stepping in

-------------
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 2:52pm

I can see the case in Greece sparking a massive interest in the Roma and their kids. There's gonna be a lot of suspicious people out there. Not saying that they are responsible for a lot of child abductions across Europe but if they are, hypothetically speaking, then you could fear for the safety of any kids who don't match their ethnic features after these revelations. You would imagine that anyone matching a Roma description with a blonde kid in their care would want rid of the child quite quickly.

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by Funsize Crouchy Funsize Crouchy wrote:

Are you talking about the one in Greece or the one in Dublin?

I didn't realise there was 2 cases of the exact same, how bizarre! Embarrassed Can't be linked surely??

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 3:04pm

White and black parents have given birth to kids of completely different coloured skins to their own, so a white blue eyed kid would be unusual but very possible.

I'll let the DNA answer the question

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3060907/Black-parents-give-birth-to-white-baby.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3060907/Black-parents-give-birth-to-white-baby.html

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

White and black parents have given birth to kids of completely different coloured skins to their own, so a white blue eyed kid would be unusual but very possible.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3060907/Black-parents-give-birth-to-white-baby.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3060907/Black-parents-give-birth-to-white-baby.html

Well it seems that Lieutenant Frank Drebin may owe officer Nordberg an apology after all

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: tony grealish
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by WindBag WindBag wrote:

They weren't happy with Roma's parent explanantion or evidence so they take her away...hmmm

Yeah, they should have left her there with the Roma gypos. Nothing at all dodgy about them fookers having a blonde, blue eyed child with an unverifiable birth cert in their midst. Actually, when me own kids get in from school I might bring them in to the Roma and leave them there for their own benefit.

Roma gypos - a great, and trustworthy, bunch of lads.Clap

-------------
''I've had a rough night and I hate the f**kin eagles, man!!''

Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by tony grealish tony grealish wrote:

Yeah, they should have left her there with the Roma gypos. Nothing at all dodgy about them fookers having a blonde, blue eyed child with an unverifiable birth cert in their midst. Actually, when me own kids get in from school I might bring them in to the Roma and leave them there for their own benefit.

The Roma, a great bunch of lads

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 3:28pm

Whats the Big Issue here ?

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Posted By: Steve Amsterdam
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 3:34pm
Was just about to post was this not the Greek case. Bizarre to have an identical case in Ireland at the same time.

Dangerous legal ground to be on though, but if proven, it will open some can of worms though and there will be some backlash to a lot of innocent Roma families too.

-------------
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!

Posted By: brianie
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 3:38pm
How old would Madeline McCann be now?

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Posted By: erimus
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 3:38pm
Roma are a bunch of scum
All their children should be taken off them at birth so theyre not brought up as thieves by the parents

And Cabra Clap

-------------
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016

Posted By: Funsize Crouchy
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

How old would Madeline McCann be now?

Posted By: FranDaMan
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Whats the Big Issue here ?

Even betterLOLLOL

Must tell that to nidgie and the lads

-------------
Are ya a lady burd or a dirt burd?

Posted By: HateHenry
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Carrying the dominant gene is the only way this is possible, somewhere along the line one of the parents, has had white/Caucasian blood inbred.. this is unusual due to the fact that mixed race relations was such a no no way back in the day, but the gene has been added to the DNA of a parent and passed on in this case.
Same can be said for the romas..black haired olive skin dark eyes..dominant gene (S) make baby of same characteristics and so on..mixing with white/Caucasian is not part of the deal and thus highly unlikely to create white/Caucasian gene,(unless there has been a race mix relationship).Just 2 examples of course , in their most basic forms..same adage could be used for Asian/Indian and other races.....

-------------
Polska Bialo Czerwoni

Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 6:18pm
Any geneticist that comes out with that statement is not worth their salt...of course two black haired people can have a blonde child..
What have the Roma ever done to any of ye...such unfair stereotyping...Roma family has a blond child and people think they stole it....

A lot of the Roma are genuine and don't go around kidnapping children in Greece and Cabra.

If it was a ginger kid would they have left it with them....

Posted By: Fintan
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 6:25pm
WindBag catch a grip....who on earth would steal a ginger kid.

Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 6:31pm
So this is an anti Roma and now an anti ginger forum

has to be grounds for legal issues here somewhere...I hope a ginger representative of the Roma group isn't reading this.

Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 6:59pm
Could we not just send all the Roma to workcamps?

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Posted By: IrishPride
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 7:23pm
Thought it was an urban myth that gypsies stole kids.

Theres a roma gypo in galway that looks albino and all the lads he hangs around with are brown gypsies. 

Any of the Galway lads here ever see him  loitering around with other gypos?

Could he be stolen too?

Anyway these people are nothing but drains on society. 

-------------
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship

Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Fintan Fintan wrote:

WindBag catch a grip....who on earth would steal a ginger kid.

Posted By: gazelle.
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Why stop at the Romas, we might as well go all the way and exterminate all the other undesirables like travellers, gingers, Cavan people and Shamrock Rovers fans. Now everyone give the straight arm salute and pledge allegiance to the master race.

Posted By: BoboDub
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by IrishPride IrishPride wrote:

Theres a roma gypo in galway that looks albino and all the lads he hangs around with are brown gypsies. 

Could he be stolen too?

the romas and gypsies in general have been around a hell of a lot longer than modern society - in fact they've survived the rise and fall of several societies over the ages, and will most likely survive many more.

in general they would be happy to leave society to us.  its their way of life

as long as its not interfering with anyone else's way of life (which would obviously include kidnapping) I don't know why so many people get their knickers in a twist about them. 

Posted By: AntrimMan
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by gazelle. gazelle. wrote:

Why stop at the Romas, we might as well go all the way and exterminate all the other undesirables like travellers, gingers, Cavan people and Shamrock Rovers fans. Now everyone give the straight arm salute and pledge allegiance to the master race.

I was with ye for most of that. 

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

I'm agreeable to it all really

Posted By: Stillhuntinghenry
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 9:31pm

If we are doing it in order can we do the shamrock fans 1st . Starting with RTID

Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

If we are doing it in order can we do the shamrock fans 1st . Starting with RTID

I don't see a major issue with that

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 10:04pm
Serious fuk up here

Good story in tomorrow's Star

Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Serious fuk up here

Good story in tomorrow's Star

I'll be sure to read if somewan buys the paper

Posted By: IrishPride
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by BoboDub BoboDub wrote:

Could he be stolen too?

the romas and gypsies in general have been around a hell of a lot longer than modern society - in fact they've survived the rise and fall of several societies over the ages, and will most likely survive many more.

as long as its not interfering with anyone else's way of life (which would obviously include kidnapping) I don't know why so many people get their knickers in a twist about them.

Thats the thing though, They don't mind their own business or keep to themselves.

The amount of thieving and beggin the fookers do.  Dead

-------------
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship

Posted By: flow
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 10:40pm
Anyone know what the story is with the girl found outside gpo they reckon she is of eastern european descent also. Apparently its taken her days to speak with garda but has now started to draw them pictures to explain and they reckon they have uncovered a paeodiphile ring.

The blonde girl in tallaght watched a fictional programme and in it they were stealing young girls to bring up and brainwash as their own and then arranged marriage followed by child romanian gypsy blood from father as they must only settle with "their own"   maybe the programme wasnt so farfetched afterall

Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 11:26pm
I'd say both the girl in Tallaght and at the GPO is only the tip of the iceberg

Posted By: BoboDub
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 12:41am

Originally posted by BoboDub BoboDub wrote:

Could he be stolen too?

Thats the thing though, They don't mind their own business or keep to themselves.

The amount of thieving and beggin the fookers do.  Dead

I don't know how much theiving they do or how the percentage compares to how many non-gypsy thieves are out there.  maybe someone with the stats could elaborate.

but I do know few milliseconds in my day being approached or asked for money begging doesn't affect my life. ffs its not like we live in colcatta or sonething where you can move for the begging in some parts.  I realise there is organised begging and the like, and I have seen "handler" violence. but I cant help but think when it comes to gypsies there but for the grace of god goes us.

lets face it, irish people can pretty much be split into 2 types - those obsessed with "land"/property (the field types), and those who will travel the world to find work to support their kids.  its the latter type that remind us theres a bit of gypsy blood in all of us.

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 8:17am
Headline in today's ENGLISH Star, WTF?

"Maddie" Found in Ireland"

Utter crap headline

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 9:25am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Headline in today's Star, WTF?

Utter crap headline
Shameful..........

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 9:37am
Havent seen it but if that is on it, Im disgusted yet again by the star

-------------

ROLL ON 2016

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 9:38am
irish times says these roma insist its their kid and are happy to do the blood tests, lets see what happens

-------------

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 11:46am
Another child taken from a Roma family in Athlone today by the Gardai

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 11:59am

Utter crap headline

thats the english rag

-------------

ROLL ON 2016

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Another child taken from a Roma family in Athlone today by the Gardai

is this true?

Posted By: darmack
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 1:05pm
yep

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/1023/482149-dublin-roma-gardai/" rel="nofollow - http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/1023/482149-dublin-roma-gardai/

However the 2nd kid in the Midlands has been returned to the family, so maybe it's not as definite as the one in Tallaght.

-------------
The dark side.. And the light

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 1:09pm

Utter crap headline

Confused

What page?

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 1:10pm
Freewheeler, that headline isn't in the Irish Star

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 1:14pm

Freewheeler, that headline isn't in the Irish Star

I know Ger that's why I didn't say it was d'Irish version

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 1:31pm
Specify that it's the English rag as it looks like you meant the Irish edition Angry

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 1:35pm
So what's the story that was in the Irish star about today?

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 1:36pm

Specify that it's the English rag as it looks like you meant the Irish edition Angry

yourself, if I meant Irish edition I'd have said it!

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 1:38pm
You live in Ireland not England so Angry right back at ya

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 1:39pm
I updated your original post  Thumbs Up

Hoskins, story today is the family saying they will sue. It looks like the kid is theirs and will be given back. Serious fuk up

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 2:02pm
VINDICATED with my original statement...fookin dopey Gardai...

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 2:10pm
i think they reported it themselves, so they can file a big case agaisnt the state now. could sue them for a few mil. clever bastards

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

i think they reported it themselves, so they can file a big case agaisnt the state now. could sue them for a few mil. clever bastards

LOLLOLLOL jaysis , that is some tin hat stuff .

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

LOLLOLLOL jaysis , that is some tin hat stuff .

the bastasrrds robbed my iphone, wouldnt put it past themLOL

-------------

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 2:13pm

hahaha I doubt they were that clever

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 2:16pm
lads woudl they actually get any money if they sue ? surely the guards and HSE were acting within the law ?

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 2:16pm
It seems that theres a big investigation going on accross Europe into these lot(about time)
Im gonna hazard a guess and say Scotland yard have asked for all cases like this to be investigated in full

@milla, I doubt they would.They couldnt produce any evidence of satisfaction to the guards

-------------

ROLL ON 2016

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

It seems that theres a big investigation going on accross Europe into these lot(about time)
Im gonna hazard a guess and say Scotland yard have asked for all cases like this to be investigated in full

more likely interpol but i know what you mean.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 2:18pm

was thinking that the investigators in the Maddie McCann case have received some decent evidence and have asked for help?

-------------

ROLL ON 2016

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 2:26pm

was thinking that the investigators in the Maddie McCann case have received some decent evidence and have asked for help?

ah ok i get you, no way is she with the roma though, i reckon she is brown bread Cry

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 2:41pm
reading the guy from droghedas statement re maddie , deffo not a roma, she deffo knew the captor id say.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 2:43pm
have you a link to that statement citizen?

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 2:45pm
http://thesmithsighting.blogspot.com/2012/02/httpthemaddiecasefiles_25.html%20" rel="nofollow - http://thesmithsighting.blogspot.com/2012/02/httpthemaddiecasefiles_25.html

it was on here yesterday, it got taken down since

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 2:50pm
here you go,

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_SMITH.htm" rel="nofollow - http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_SMITH.htm

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 2:59pm
Ah heeeorr

Summary?

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 3:02pm

Ah heeeorr

Summary?

irishman saw man with child in arms

-------------

ROLL ON 2016

Posted By: ShayGivensBum
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 3:07pm

reading the guy from droghedas statement re maddie , deffo not a roma, she deffo knew the captor id say.

What from the man's account makes you think she knew him?

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 3:26pm
she was conked it said there

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 3:33pm
read it lads, the man said that he was 60-80% sure that it was G McC.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 3:35pm

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 3:41pm
yup i just read that , but surely mccann has an alibi as he was in the restaurant , also they say he was dressed like a local not a tourist.

-------------

Posted By: ShayGivensBum
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 3:43pm
Sorry I didnt see that bit. As Milla said surely he is covered by an alibi? 

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 3:46pm
Shocked

Why was rthis taken down off the site Citizen?
I presume it's out in the public domain?

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 6:32pm
Just confirmed they are the parents!

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by flow flow wrote:

Just heard that there on the wireless, major fook up.

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 6:56pm

Originally posted by flow flow wrote:

Just heard that there on the wireless, major fook up.

Indeed. Cock up of the highest order.

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 7:24pm
1. It is horrible to think the Gardaí can just show up at your house & take your child for no other reason than they want proof it's actually yours. Doubt they would do the same thing to White Middle class parents though.

2. I'm sickened by the amount of Racism I've heard in the past few days towards the Roma community.

3. Most of the country suffers from Missing White Woman syndrome.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by Dukla Dukla wrote:

1. It is horrible to think the Gardaí can just show up at your house & take your child for no other reason than they want proof it's actually yours. Doubt they would do the same thing to White Middle class parents though.

2. I'm sickened by the amount of Racism I've heard in the past few days towards the Roma community.

whats missing white woman syndrome?

Posted By: Fintan
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 7:31pm
To be fair to the guards the parent's didn't have the correct papers. When it comes to child welfare the authorities have to be as careful as possible.

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 7:37pm

That's why I voted no on the "children's rights" referendum. It made it much, much easier to take kids away from parents and the state had an appalling record at that before the referendum.

Still, it passed, and we are where we are.

-------------

Posted By: irish boogie
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 8:03pm
The obvious thing to do was put someone in with the family making sure they don't leave I'm sure the family would've agreed to this instead of removing the child, I worked in a family support agency and kids were never removed from families immediately even when abuse or neglect was thought to be happening.

-------------
Thank You Torun and Tyskie

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by irish boogie irish boogie wrote:

The obvious thing to do was put someone in with the family making sure they don't leave I'm sure the family would've agreed to this instead of removing the child, I worked in a family support agency and kids were never removed from families immediately even when abuse or neglect was thought to be happening.

You are joking, What Family Support Agency was it?

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 9:16pm

I'm sickened by the amount of Racism I've heard in the past few days towards the Roma community.
They bring it upon themselves Dukla. It's not like it's unique to Ireland.

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 9:34pm

I disagree that it's Racism. It's their culture people hate. During the summer there was like 800 Roma arrested in Dublin over robbing.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 9:43pm
I probably once would have had that attitude. I had the chance to see a Holocaust survivor. He is Jewish not Roma but he said some things about the Racism he saw towards Jews, Roma, Slavs & the Racism he experienced that I will never forget. One of the biggest things I took away from it was that it all began with a bit of casual racism hear and there, then some dodgy laws came in, and it slowly progressed towards what we all know.

I'm not calling everyone who disagrees with me a Nazi btw but I think when you meet someone who went through what this man did, hear about what he saw, how he was treated, etc just for being born a certain way it gives you a different perspective on life. Racist feelings in me are long dead & buried. I'm not even going to entertain any idea's that they're all a bunch of beggars and thieves.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 10:02pm
Another family have been arrested out in Greece

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

I'm sickened by the amount of Racism I've heard in the past few days towards the Roma community.
They bring it upon themselves Dukla. It's not like it's unique to Ireland.

Unfortunately a dose of realism is required here, Romas, Travellers in General dont do themselves any favours here by their behaviours and actions, I live in the real world and by and large despise themThumbs Down

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Posted By: irish boogie
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 10:25pm

It was reported and acted on in the same way as this was there was investigations but rare if ever a child was removed on a hunch needs to be more evidence

-------------
Thank You Torun and Tyskie

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 10:29pm
http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2013/10/23/parents-urged-to-check-underneath-childrens-beds-for-roma-gypsies/" rel="nofollow - http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2013/10/23/parents-urged-to-check-underneath-childrens-beds-for-roma-gypsies/

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2013/10/23/parents-urged-to-check-underneath-childrens-beds-for-roma-gypsies/" rel="nofollow - http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2013/10/23/parents-urged-to-check-underneath-childrens-beds-for-roma-gypsies/

jaysus imagine

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 10:50pm

It was reported and acted on in the same way as this was there was investigations but rare if ever a child was removed on a hunch needs to be more evidence

Didnt answer the question?

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net