3:Austria
4:Germany
5:Sweden

**edit""
England game slipped my mind but would not make my top 5 anyway! Shocked

Replies:
Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 9:42pm
from ones i made, including friendlies, best to least best think best way of putting it;

Belgrade
Torshavn
Vienna
Cardiff
London
Stockholm

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 9:43pm
Faroes was my only Away this campaign

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 9:44pm
England not in the poll? I was dancing away in the home end much to the annoyance of people around me when Long scored LOL

But I picked Wales since it's the other game I went to but this time on my own, horrible boring game but the fans were amazing.

Posted By: GreenArmy!
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 9:47pm
Austria and Germany were very good tripsClap

Posted By: theheff1989
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 9:48pm
Going with the four I went on this year.

1. Austria
2. England
3.Germany
4.Sweden

Posted By: colmoc
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 9:50pm
I'd be surprised if Sweden got a vote here

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 9:55pm
Had this debate with the lads on  the way back,Cologne was a good trip,better than Vienna and there are a few more that we compared but like Nvidic says above Belgrade will take some beating!!!

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 10:09pm
There were no bad trips this time, at all.

Preferred Vienna to Cologne, Stockholm was grand too if it wasn't for the price. Kazakhstan, though, was pretty cool. The Faroes..... well, maybe I'd have more to say if I hadn't fallen asleep in the jacks and nearly missed the match. But ranking:

Vienna
Kazakhstan
Stockholm
Faroes
Cologne

Competitive only. I'd probably put London just below Stockholm. I went to Copenhagen after Stockholm and it was a great city.

-------------

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 10:10pm
Faroes
Germany
Kazak
Austria

Sweden

Posted By: Steve Amsterdam
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 10:12pm
Austria for me this campaign

-------------
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 10:17pm
Why did people think Sweden was so bad, incidentally? Just price? I didn't mind Stockholm, tbh.

-------------

Posted By: eire32
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Why did people think Sweden was so bad, incidentally? Just price? I didn't mind Stockholm, tbh.

Price,swedish rail, the weather and being held to ransom by a taxi driver.

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 10:20pm

sh*t pubs, sh*t people, far too spread out, was freezing, stadium a long walk from middle of nowhere, expensive, fun police an actual thing in sweden, state owned offo's only, public transport and taxis prohibitively expensive, complete let down bar the football and kelly's was good

Posted By: flow
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

sh*t pubs, sh*t people, far too spread out, was freezing, stadium a long walk from middle of nowhere, expensive, fun police an actual thing in sweden, state owned offo's only, public transport and taxis prohibitively expensive, complete let down bar the football and kelly's was good

feel the same as nvidic about sweden craic wasnt top form byt cologne/amsterdam was defo epic. loved london aswell

Posted By: tony grealish
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 10:27pm

I thought Stockholm was great apart from the f*cking price of everything. We'd a belter of a night out on the Saturday - went off the beaten track in Sodermalm and ended up on a crawl with a bunch of Venezuelan lunatics and then back to some oddball house party with a load of locals. Maybe we just got lucky but I'd definitely give it another go if we drew them again.

-------------
''I've had a rough night and I hate the f**kin eagles, man!!''

Posted By: gspain
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 10:34pm

Weather has been awful this year.  Really bad luck with it.  Kazakhstan gets my vote.  Sweden would count for the best on the pitch performance. 

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 10:34pm

agree with all this. Don't think I'd return if we got them

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

+ 1

-------------

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 10:43pm
Kaz - mainly due to a general liking for oddball places

Germany - good trip, although I didn't get too far past the flippin square, so maybe I'm not the best judge of this....

Austria - Vienna a nice city, good craic in general

Sweden -mainly bad, expensive, cold, nanny state laws for drinking, the same type of safety first approach surprisingly doesn't seem to have applied to their building site outside the stadium, rip off pubs, one of our group got wrong changed of € 50 twice by the same barman in one establishment in the same night, rip off taxis, but against that, Wirstroms and Kellys decent pubs

Faroes - Was only there on the day trip, first time doing a day trip, it was what it was, didn't fall above or below any expectations I had

England - Grand country until ya try get beer after 2am, I don't think the atmosphere is ever the same for a friendly, which is why I put it here rather than any bad experiences of the place. 

Cardiff/Belgrade/NY - Wasn't at any of them

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Posted By: brianie
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 11:00pm
Kaz
Austria
Cologne
Sweden

London but that was not part of the CampaignWink

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 11:02pm
Pubs weren't that bad, none of the stadiums this time were that close to the city centres, there was beer available from the corner shops, you only needed to take public transport to and from the stadium, the football was great (as was the atmosphere) and the people really weren't that bad.

The prices were wild though, I'll grant that. I might have been slightly influenced by the great time we had in Copenhagen the night after the match, admittedly. It's a city I would definitely go back to, even though it was pricier again.

-------------

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by ZinedineKibane ZinedineKibane wrote:

+ 1
+1

wouldn't be in a rush to go back to sweden.

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Posted By: JUICEBOMB
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 11:19pm
In fairness,I've been to Sweden a few times and the difference between Stockholm and say Gothenburg or malmo is unreal....like most I wouldn't be rushing back to Stockholm but if we did get them again and in a different city in Sweden I'd be gone like a shot

-------------
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 11:49pm
Belgrade
Torshavn
Koln
Vienna
Cardiff
Stockholm

Posted By: greenforever
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 12:33am
Kazak n Germany were the best

Austria was next

Sweeden was sh*te

Faroes day trip so hard to say.

-------------
I know nothing :-)

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 12:42am
Worst campaign in a long time, saying that I only did Sweden and Austria. But as we got a result and a performance in Sweden I would vote Sweden.

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 1:05am
Germany
England
Wales
Sweden
Oman

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 7:04am
Kazachkstan (Adidas bar was tremendous fun)
Cologne (remember little which is a good sign)
Faroes (day trip, but was superb craic. that fight home had some unbelievable scenes)
Vienna
Stockholm

In friendlies, football wise London then Cardiff but craic wise would be Cardiff then London

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 7:19am
Vienna
Cologne
Stockholm

Only aways I went to. Stockholm not a good drinking city and wasn't left in anywhere. Saying that the Saturu night I got into a Nightclub that was unreal. Spent around a grand therr in three days which is crazy. Colonge was ok but sh*te weather on matchday and the tram to the stadium was f**king ridiculous. Vienna was a great trip and the fact we were in Budapest for two nights before it added to the trip in a big way

Posted By: AntrimMan
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 9:35am
Kazahkstan - great trip. did Almaty and Astana, the 20 hour sleeper train through the steppe, the craic in the adidas bars and our lovely hosts there, wearer was grand, we snatched victory from the jaws of defeat and I ate a horse. Lovely job.

Faroe Islands - As yis say, only a day trip but the craic was unreal. Flights were brilliant, the irish bar with the band was great, local beer nice, we won handy enough and the nicest fish and chips I've ever had. Oh, and the infamous bedsheet!

Vienna - Messy as fook. Charlie P's a great spot. Nice city, great public transport. Far too much BrewDog though.

London - Handy trip, good fun. The moment when Shane Long stuck the ball in the Englands net.

Stockholm - wasn't as bad as everyone is saying. Was expensive yeah but we expected it and I for one kinda budgeted for it. €3 bottles in one of the bars - fierce disspointing locals though.

Cologne - didn't go. I'll assume it was sh*te so Big smile

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 9:47am
Cologne.
Faroe's.
Stockholm.
Vienna.
London.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 9:51am
sweden by far the best for me , met loads of people and we got a draw that no one expected at all . lovely walk around the town , a few nice pubs , decent bit of grub was had , defo the best trip except for the weather.

vienna was depressing , lovely town but sickening result ,
loved cologne but fecks sakes we had our holes handed to us , that alway ruins a trip.

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 9:51am
still gutted i never made kazakstan due to a wedding , hopefully we get them again

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: Guf10
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 9:52am
1.Oman
2.England
3.Austria
4.Spain
5.Sweden

-------------
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 9:57am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Kazahkstan - great trip. did Almaty and Astana, the 20 hour sleeper train through the steppe, the craic in the adidas bars and our lovely hosts there, wearer was grand, we snatched victory from the jaws of defeat and I ate a horse. Lovely job.

Faroe Islands - As yis say, only a day trip but the craic was unreal. Flights were brilliant, the irish bar with the band was great, local beer nice, we won handy enough and the nicest fish and chips I've ever had. Oh, and the infamous bedsheet!

Vienna - Messy as fook. Charlie P's a great spot. Nice city, great public transport. Far too much BrewDog though.

London - Handy trip, good fun. The moment when Shane Long stuck the ball in the Englands net.

Stockholm - wasn't as bad as everyone is saying. Was expensive yeah but we expected it and I for one kinda budgeted for it. €3 bottles in one of the bars - fierce disspointing locals though.

Cologne - didn't go. I'll assume it was sh*te so Big smile
Your assumption is incorrectThumbs Up

Posted By: El_nino
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 11:46am
Kazakhstan was the best for me mainly due to the fact it was such a random destination. 2nd best for me was Germany.

Of the friendlies I travelled to this campaign London was probably my favourite.

Posted By: Stretchryan
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 12:01pm
Germany/Austria for me hard to call - Stockholm was the worst i was at.

Fecking Nanny state.

Posted By: daboi89
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 12:58pm
wouldnt do Sweden or Faroes Again

Ticked off the bucket List

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Stretchryan Stretchryan wrote:

Germany/Austria for me hard to call - Stockholm was the worst i was at.

Fecking Nanny state.
possibly the worst away destination i was ever at

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Posted By: deco911
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 1:24pm
vienna for me followed by cardiff and germany and the faores hated stockholm cudnt wait to get outta there

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 1:48pm
I probably would go to Stockholm again but not Kazakhstan, despite the fact I enjoyed Kstan better. It's pretty far and the flights were expensive. Plus, I can imagine it would be much the same the second time round. While I really enjoyed it, I don't think I'll be going back if we draw them next time out.

-------------

Posted By: UpYePupYe
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 1:55pm

I probably would go to Stockholm again but not Kazakhstan, despite the fact I enjoyed Kstan better. It's pretty far and the flights were expensive. Plus, I can imagine it would be much the same the second time round. While I really enjoyed it, I don't think I'll be going back if we draw them next time out.
When is the draw, next Feb? Good meeting you lad and Fran in the pub across from the Corkonian before ye headed off on Saturday.

Posted By: WindBag
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 5:25pm
Kazakhstan was savage..

every bit of it was funny

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 6:51pm
Enjoyed them all Vienna would edge cologne if only for the weather

Can understand people not liking Stockholm as it was too cold to walk around and bump into people

Think it would be a grand spot with decent weather

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by WindBag WindBag wrote:

Kazakhstan was savage..

every bit of it was funny
+1 Strange Place but glad of the experience of being there, Top Class Trip and the Adidas Bar would have to be up there as one of the Best that have looked after us on away tripsClap 

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 7:25pm
And lets not forget the bizarre taxi experience. Stick out the hand, wait for someone to pull over, haggle a bit by shouting "Respublicka" to get to the adidas bar or guns and roses, and then bartering in a currency you don't understand to make sure you get there for less than 1,000 Tenge.

-------------

Posted By: NewrycityonTour
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 7:27pm
The session with the Hayes clan and Green Forevers mob plus others in Steve's on Saturday night in Amsterdam made the Germany trip a fantastic one.

-------------
Oh angry nordies, we used to be British but were O'Irish now.

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 7:28pm
Have to say Germany was as good as any , the people were super Thumbs Up

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Echo ThisClap

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Posted By: Conor Messi
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 7:37pm
I only made it to Sweden and Germany this campaign because the Euros absolutely broke me, and not just financially either!
From a footballing point of view, obviously Sweden was way better.
But for the sake of craic, madness and general hilarious hardship Cologne was different class altogether!

The England match was the first friendly I actually enjoyed being at in a long time as well.

-------------
@MessiConor
Hasta La Victoria Siempre

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 7:37pm
Sad not to hear many Cardiff stories, the only night where I stayed and mingled with the Irish fans rather than going straight back home like I did in London - the only possible downside to it for me was I left at 6am so I was well and truly knackered by closing time 3am the next morning!

Might have been the worst game possible but I keep re-watching it as I'm on the Front row and can see myself at nearly every time the action reached the centre circle, decent seat for £15! LOL

Posted By: Rostrevor Fan
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 7:38pm
Celtic Tiger still well alive I see not to much hurt taken by YBIG members who must be immune to the economy Thumbs Up 

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 7:41pm
Best pub on the trip for me was Charlie Ps. Thought that was a right spot. And you got a glass for your drink. Great craic in it the night before the game.

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Best pub on the trip for me was Charlie Ps. Thought that was a right spot. And you got a class for your drink. Great craic in it the night before the game.
 1st or 2nd HeffWink

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 7:47pm
Anyone in the Goffel Kolsch pub on the Thursday night with the piano man? We were talking to him for a bit afterwards and he was a big old communist, pretty much. Sound all the same.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Best pub on the trip for me was Charlie Ps. Thought that was a right spot. And you got a class for your drink. Great craic in it the night before the game.
 1st or 2nd HeffWink

Problem sorted. Glass not class.

Posted By: The Boy Z
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 7:55pm
I really enjoyed Sweden Embarrassed

-------------
Theres only one sport that matters..

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by NewrycityonTour NewrycityonTour wrote:

The session with the Hayes clan and Green Forevers mob plus others in Steve's on Saturday night in Amsterdam made the Germany trip a fantastic one.

and had nothing to do with the stripper

that and bar plan c on the friday were great sessions

-------------

Posted By: NewrycityonTour
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Originally posted by NewrycityonTour NewrycityonTour wrote:

and had nothing to do with the stripper

that and bar plan c on the friday were great sessions

She was grand so.

-------------
Oh angry nordies, we used to be British but were O'Irish now.

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 7:57pm
Actually, I should give a hat tip to the ICE trains for Germany and the fact they served proper beer in proper glasses for about the same price as the pubs. €4.20 for 500ml bottle of Franziskaner, which is decent and certainly less than you pay in pubs here.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 8:08pm

Actually, I should give a hat tip to the ICE trains for Germany and the fact they served proper beer in proper glasses for about the same price as the pubs. €4.20 for 500ml bottle of Franziskaner, which is decent and certainly less than you pay in pubs here.
how did you get on on the trains home Dave? We only had to train to Amsterdam but was saying to the lads on the train I don't know how you would travel back to Holyhead on trains after a few days like that on the beer

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 8:12pm
Vienna for me was my best trip this year. Spent few days in Budapest (were panteirA inducted me to east kerry one direction supporters club ) and then Vienna was good Charlie ps was perfect for meet ups

Would put cologne next as was a good trip were I got to meet a lot people of this and can never complain when can buy a bottle of jäger for €13.50. First fans game I've made it to as well

England away was great trip as well but as it was only a friendly cant put it ahead of the others. The crac we had in the clink hostel that night was great and daboi, deco and myself discovered corona and strawberry daiquiri makes a good combination

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 8:14pm

how did you get on on the trains home Dave? We only had to train to Amsterdam but was saying to the lads on the train I don't know how you would travel back to Holyhead on trains after a few days like that on the beer

I didn't, I took the train to Frankfurt on Saturday evening and then flew from there. I walked in the door at home just before midnight on Saturday.

Edit: went out overland. Dublin to Brussels on Wednesday, one night there, Cologne on Thursday, obv two nights there and flight home. Total cost of boats, trains and flights was €52 + €59 + €68 = €179.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 8:21pm

I didn't, I took the train to Frankfurt on Saturday evening and then flew from there. I walked in the door at home just before midnight on Saturday.

Edit: went out overland. Dublin to Brussels on Wednesday, one night there, Cologne on Thursday, obv two nights there and flight home. Total cost of boats, trains and flights was €52 + €59 + €68 = €179.

ah right thought you did that trip return

Posted By: Il Principe
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Vienna for me was my best trip this year. Spent few days in Budapest (were panteirA inducted me to east kerry one direction supporters club ) and then Vienna was good Charlie ps was perfect for meet ups

Would put cologne next as was a good trip were I got to meet a lot people of this and can never complain when can buy a bottle of jäger for €13.50. First fans game I've made it to as well

England away was great trip as well but as it was only a friendly cant put it ahead of the others. The crac we had in the clink hostel that night was great and daboi, deco and myself discovered corona and strawberry daiquiri makes a good combination

u were ripped off, a bottle of the cheap jagr in the local rewe was 4.99 Thumbs Up

i managed to get it into the stadium where there was no shortage of takers

Posted By: Moscow Mule
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 8:44pm

Agree that Germany was up there with the best. That said, the trip out to the stadium was horrendous and dangerous.

Some great craic in a few of the bars and the local Kolsh and Alt beers were superb. Stayed Saturday night in Dusseldorf and the place was hopping mad.

My order inc friendlies

1. Faroes - because it had to be done
2. Kazakhstan - good to go before they allow people to live there
3. Germany - beer and steaks
4. Austria - Fritz the tour guide
5. Budapest - cheap
6. Cardiff - easy for work

52. Stockholm - god forbid that you might want to enjoy yourself.

-------------
Who stole the Crow & Meatballs?

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Moscow Mule Moscow Mule wrote:

Agree that Germany was up there with the best. That said, the trip out to the stadium was horrendous and dangerous.

Some great craic in a few of the bars and the local Kolsh and Alt beers were superb. Stayed Saturday night in Dusseldorf and the place was hopping mad.

My order inc friendlies

5. Budapest - cheap

What about WatfordWink

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Posted By: Moscow Mule
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 8:55pm

Originally posted by Moscow Mule Moscow Mule wrote:

My order inc friendlies

5. Budapest - cheap

What about WatfordWink
Seen it beforeLOL

-------------
Who stole the Crow & Meatballs?

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 8:59pm

What about WatfordWink

Actually, did forget to mention Moscow and SH's Watford local earlier, a great bunch of lads Clap

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Posted By: Trapped
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 11:33pm
Cologne for me by a distance. Savage spot. Honourable mentions to Stockholm and Kazakhstan.

-------------
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 11:45pm
to be fair to stockholm, i enjoyed myself, no such thing as bad away trip, just others were a lot better, still sick missed kazakstanDead

Posted By: The Saint
Date Posted: 15 Oct 2013 at 12:11pm
Stockholm wasn't that bad.
I reckon Vienna would have been my favourite but after getting ruined in Budapest on the Sunday night didn't make it out on the monday

-------------
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus

Posted By: Tyronebhoy
Date Posted: 15 Oct 2013 at 11:29pm
Enjoyed Vienna and Cologne. Stockholm was OK, but expensive and cold.  NY was great craic!

-------------
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All

Posted By: Scamper
Date Posted: 15 Oct 2013 at 11:52pm
For me it had to be

1. Sweden
2. England
3. Austria

Only ones i did this year.

-------------
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====

Posted By: daboi89
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 12:02am
Atmosphere wise i think sweden was the best. then england and then germany. wasnt in Austria or Kaz

Posted By: James1977
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 9:30am

I walked from Stockholm City (Normmalm) to Solna Stadium for the craic.  It's about four miles.

When the sun was still up, the temperature wasn't too bad.

After sunset, I felt like Tom Crean.  Couldn't feel my hands or nuts in the final 30 minutes.  I think it was -9C. 

The stadium was very impressive, but queueing for trains in a frozen concrete jungle afterwards took an hour.

Very expensive place.....

Burger King Bacon Double Cheeseburger Meal - €11

Gillette Mach 3 razor with three blades - €17

Bottle of Tiger Beer and House Red Wine - €14

I caught an express train from Stockholm to Gothenburg to visit some friends. 

Stunning scenery en route.  Lakes, rolling fields, forests, etc.  The Swedes were out walking their dogs or walking on the frozen lakes.  Very healthy-looking people. 

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 5:19pm
Why were you buying razors? You know you can take a safety razor (mach 3, fusion, whatever) on a flight in your hand luggage, right?

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 6:42pm

Why were you buying razors? You know you can take a safety razor (mach 3, fusion, whatever) on a flight in your hand luggage, right?

yep and a blade 6cm or below too believe it or not

Posted By: James1977
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 8:14pm
Really, Dave?  I thought razor blades remained a definite "no no" after September 11th.
When did the rules change? 

I recall having safety blades confiscated at the x-ray scanner, but I could purchase the same product thirty seconds later in the airport shops?

I didn't shell out the €17.  I got a pack of crude disposables for €5.

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by James1977 James1977 wrote:

Really, Dave?  I thought razor blades remained a definite "no no" after September 11th.
When did the rules change? 

I recall having safety blades confiscated at the x-ray scanner, but I could purchase the same product thirty seconds later in the airport shops?

I didn't shell out the €17.  I got a pack of crude disposables for €5.
I worked in the Airport search Unit post 9/11 and average razors as Dave mentioned were never banned. I have always brought my razor with me on trips. If it was a cut throat open bladed razor then that would have been taken off you otherwise you met a knob of an official.

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 8:49pm
Cologne
Stockholm
Dublin

Love Germany and the Germans. Had great craic in a pub 10 minutes walk from the stadium before and after the match with the Germanys Rhineland supporters club. Decided to head there as we knew the queue for the tram would be mad. Every time I go there I have a wonderful time.

Had a great time in Sweden. Knew it would be pricey but planned it well and didn't in the end spend a whole lot. Thanks in large part to kellys.
The Swedes do things right and are straight laced and this is very much not what the irish are. I guess that's why a lot didn't like it.

...and Dublin. Well it's always great to get home to Ireland.

*in terms of friendlies it would be england, oman and wales in that order.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 9:15am
Going to go for Sweden as spent an awesome week there, Austria only other place I went was good but no Stockholm prob more to the fact having being in Vienna before I knew what to do, Stockholm was an adventure

Posted By: MJD
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 12:21pm
1. Belgrade
2. Cologne
3. Vienna
4. Stockholm
5. Cardiff
6. London (England)
7. London (Oman)

Live in London so those 'trips' didn't have the same feel as other away trips for me, although England away was much better than Oman away.

Loved the beer festival in Belgrade but NVidic always going on about it has dampened the memories a bit Tongue

-------------
17 International Caps
16 International Goals
COYFIG

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by MJD MJD wrote:

1. Belgrade
2. Cologne
3. Vienna
4. Stockholm
5. Cardiff
6. London (England)
7. London (Oman)

Live in London so those 'trips' didn't have the same feel as other away trips for me, although England away was much better than Oman away.

Loved the beer festival in Belgrade but NVidic always going on about it has dampened the memories a bit Tongue

Haha getting myself and yourself confused again?!

Posted By: valo88
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 6:03pm
1. Sweden. Prob had the most craic in Stockholm tbh. Was much different than what we were used to. Traveling support was great and optimism was still on a real high. Kellys was a good spot too, tho alot of the other places were bollox. Only bad point was the stadium being in middle of knowhere and the whole drink/offo thing. Money wise was grand cos id free accommodation and got cheap flights early and i didnt mind the baltic weather muchSmile

...or it all could of been the absolute stunner I went back with match nightLOL

2. Austria. Mental few days. Started out in Bratislava on the Sat. Absolute dive of a placeLOL Not that we cared with the price of everything. Slabs of cans for under a tenner! Had a good wander around the city drinking, climbed the castle and ended up on a bit of a crawl, tho was dead by 12/1 both nights. Train up to Vienna, more cans, even more craic. City itself was lovely. Spent a few hours each day jus having a look around, went to the miltary museam and stuff. Charlie P's, was another good spot. Night before and day of the match was hopping, not so much after. Police escort up to the stadium was class. Other than the result, no complaints about the place. Would and prob will be back.

3. England. Only here because it was the only other away I ended up on the yearTongue Ahh, was good tho, the aul enemyLOL Was only there for less than 20hrs, but made good use of it. Had a good crawl from Victoria midday to Kingsbury, match, then back in and around leicester sq.. O'Neils(?) comes to mind. Flight home at 7, straight to work next morningDead

Posted By: AidoM
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 7:25pm
I suppose when something unusual happens on a trip it makes it memorable Confused

For that reason it has to be Engerland for me

and ...................................................

the unusual event was....................................

I managed to catch a glimpse of Sligo Hornet's wallet through all the cobwebs Shocked

-------------
But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by AidoM AidoM wrote:

I suppose when something unusual happens on a trip it makes it memorable Confused

I managed to catch a glimpse of Sligo Hornet's wallet through all the cobwebs Shocked
Taxi in Astana AidoWacko

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Posted By: Beareleven
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 8:29pm
Has to be Kazakstan.
Me and St Tom on the Lash with the Turkish Pilot who flew the Plane in to Astana.
He was twisted leaving the Adidas bar.

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Beareleven Beareleven wrote:

Has to be Kazakstan.
Me and St Tom on the Lash with the Turkish Pilot who flew the Plane in to Astana.

Remember thatLOL

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 8:39pm
Cologne - great spot, friendly locals and reasonably cheap

Cardiff - was a lot better than I thought it was going to be, knew most of the lads that travelled, last night was great when there was only 3 of us left, cheap too

Stockholm - was my 30th that weekend, other than it being cold and expensive I don't remember too much about it!

London - decent days craic and great atmosphere at the game

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Posted By: AidoM
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 4:35pm

Originally posted by AidoM AidoM wrote:

Taxi in Astana AidoWacko

Jaysus Brianie forgot that Wacko

Has to be Kazakstan.

Her was certainly flying Thumbs Up Smile

-------------
But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 5:00pm

Has to be Kazakstan.

What about the gay shebeen in istanbul

-------------

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 8:52am
That was some laugh gf

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Posted By: KILCRUISE
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2013 at 10:04pm
Astana. Getting lift back from stadium in a concrete lorry. Now where else would u get that.

-------------
may the road rise to meet you but make sure it does not slap you in the face

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net