Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=44586
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 9:16pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Lads Holiday
Posted By: rossieman
Subject: Lads Holiday
Date Posted: 30 May 2013 at 8:25pm
Alright folks,a group of us(lads aged 28-30) are going to head on holiday in July most likely around the 27th for a week and I'm looking for recommendations.

We aren't too fussy ,looking for a holiday with decent drink/food and sun,sea and good nightlife.Probably won't be too mental of a holiday some of the lads are getting too old for thatEmbarrassed.we want a spot that wouldn't be full of knackers,young ****s falling around the place vomiting.

We all have other holidays planned over the summer so we are trying to do this without spending a fortune,its only in the last few days that we were all able to agree on a time to go that suits us.

Replies:
Posted By: colmoc
Date Posted: 30 May 2013 at 8:40pm
Ayia Napa is a hell of a spot but not the cheapest. As well as the good nightlife there are plenty of nice spots for a meal. Beaches are unbelievable with plenty to do on them like watersports, bungee jumping etc. plenty to look at too
Ayia napa

Posted By: kimbap
Date Posted: 30 May 2013 at 8:40pm
http://www.ybig.ie/forum/websites-for-cheap-holidays_topic44142.html

Few sites on this thread for ya to check out.

Date Posted: 30 May 2013 at 8:58pm
probably going to book flights and accomodation ourselves.Always use skyscanner for flights and booking.com or trivago for the accomadation.Looking for places lads would recommend more so than travel agent sites,they always are going to talk up wherever they are trying to flog.
Ayia napa is on the list but a few of us have been there a few times and looking for a change.

Posted By: wessi
Date Posted: 30 May 2013 at 9:51pm
santa ponza a nice posh up market resort LOL

Posted By: David McWilliams
Date Posted: 30 May 2013 at 10:25pm
Anyone ever been to Ios? The lads are going in July. Hoping to get time off work but work are being absolute ****s at the moment!

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 30 May 2013 at 10:31pm
never been but Croatia always looks like a nice spot not sure about the nightlife - there are some good festivals there you could go mental at one of them and then chill out after for a few days.

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: Doyler1993
Date Posted: 30 May 2013 at 10:32pm
Magaluf is the place

Posted By: irish_major
Date Posted: 30 May 2013 at 11:02pm
Sunny beach in bulgaria. A hidden gem, at 80 cent a pint too its hard to go wrong! Will be making off for this place myself all going well

-------------
Here we go again

Posted By: athlonecelt
Date Posted: 30 May 2013 at 11:11pm
I'll take your sunny beach and bring it a few miles down the road to Nessebar, quieter old town.
But Sunny Beach is good alright.
Dirt cheap

Posted By: athlonecelt
Date Posted: 30 May 2013 at 11:12pm
With all the talk of Poland having died down, is it really worth going back to 

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 30 May 2013 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by athlonecelt athlonecelt wrote:

I'll take your sunny beach and bring it a few miles down the road to Nessebar, quieter old town.
But Sunny Beach is good alright.
Dirt cheap

Nessebar is lovely alright.
Stayed in Vlas.

Posted By: Rostrevor Fan
Date Posted: 30 May 2013 at 11:29pm

Athlone I was based in gdynia  last year at the euros which was beside sopot I would definitely go to sopot for a holiday if I was a young fellow or indeed as a pensioner if the wife would fly - top class spot

-------------

Posted By: Conor Messi
Date Posted: 30 May 2013 at 11:30pm
Dubrovnik in Croatia.
I was only there for two days on the way back from Montenegro but it seemed like a nice spot. Good weather, lively enough craic and cheap beer. Ideal.

-------------
@MessiConor
Hasta La Victoria Siempre

Date Posted: 30 May 2013 at 11:30pm
hersonnesis spelt wrong i know its in crete great spot .

Date Posted: 30 May 2013 at 11:44pm

I was in Sopot and I would go back again.Its the place I mentioned to the others but they don't seem pushed at the moment.I reckon we will probably end up going to Spain or Portugal,they are the only 2 destinations that we will probably get everyone to agree on.

anyone ever been in Albufeira?Good spot for what I'm looking for?

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 31 May 2013 at 12:31am
Originally posted by Doyler1993 Doyler1993 wrote:

Magaluf is the place

where dreams go to die

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 31 May 2013 at 12:33am
No beach, but go to Berlin, fantastic city.

Stay in the Generator

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Posted By: JUICEBOMB
Date Posted: 31 May 2013 at 12:40am
Albufeira wouldn't be a bad shout....went a few years ago and was quiet enough,not spas falling around the place but we did go kinda late in the year so ot know about July.malta wouldn't be a bad shout...cheap as chips,has a decent nightclub area in st Julian's bay and plenty of things to do during he day

-------------
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard

Posted By: IrishPride
Date Posted: 31 May 2013 at 12:44am
Follow the sluts...

-------------
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship

Date Posted: 31 May 2013 at 12:51am
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Albufeira wouldn't be a bad shout....went a few years ago and was quiet enough,not spas falling around the place but we did go kinda late in the year so ot know about July.malta wouldn't be a bad shout...cheap as chips,has a decent nightclub area in st Julian's bay and plenty of things to do during he day

Albufeira has been mentioned to me,will give it a look.Thumbs Up
Dont want somewhere quiet, just not a spot full of young knacker pissheads.

Date Posted: 31 May 2013 at 12:53am
Originally posted by IrishPride IrishPride wrote:

Follow the sluts...

Clap

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 31 May 2013 at 2:47am
We're all going on a summer holiday, no more worries for a week or two.

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 31 May 2013 at 4:14am
Can recommend ayia napa as well. Not the cheapest but cheaper than Ibiza and same sort if thing. Green bungalows are a great place to stay. 24 hour bar and loads of Irish. Party all day and night

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 31 May 2013 at 7:09am
Crete...stay in Koutalafari...5 mins from Hersonnasas but a lovely little village
Ye can do quiet and mad nights

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: El_nino
Date Posted: 31 May 2013 at 8:46am
Originally posted by Conor Messi Conor Messi wrote:

Dubrovnik in Croatia.
I was only there for two days on the way back from Montenegro but it seemed like a nice spot. Good weather, lively enough craic and cheap beer. Ideal.

This would be my shout too. Loved Dubrovnik when I went.

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 31 May 2013 at 8:53am
Ayia Napa, Ayia Napa, Ayia Napa.................

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Flanno7hi
Date Posted: 31 May 2013 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Conor Messi Conor Messi wrote:

Dubrovnik in Croatia.

i went to Dubrovnik a few years ago. Loved the place - wasn't the cheapest place in the world and the nightlife was ok but the people were great and the ladies were unreal. Up to Tallinn standard.

-------------
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi

Posted By: fochie
Date Posted: 31 May 2013 at 9:15am
Did Ibiza, Playa Den Bossa a few times with the lads, only a half hour from the airport,
Bora Bora beach is Incredible,Chilled out relaxed vibe to it,all the bars are cheap 
with the Nightclub Space up the road for a mad one.(Expensive). Playa Den Bossa isnt your typical Ibiza 
resort, its much more chilled than you would think.Savage spot for a bunch of lads on the rip.

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 31 May 2013 at 12:24pm

Someone mentioned Ios earlier. I used to go there in my younger days (80's) when it was the dogs. Always packed with delicious finns, swedes and norwegians up for the full monty. There was always a few aussie backbackers knocking about and they were gamey as f**k as well. Ios was the place to be long before Ibiza or Ayia Napa.

A bit of a trek to get to though, theres no airport on the island, so a flight to Heraklion/Pireaus and ferry to Ios. It was worth it Wink Its a small island, nice beach in the port but a fantastic crescent shaped beach on the far side of the island. All the action happened in the village which is at the top of the island especially in the open air square.

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 31 May 2013 at 12:39pm
If you dont want to be surrounded by knacker p*ssheads I'd steer clear of all the usuals like crete and ayia napa (ayia napa is class in fairness but not when you're hitting 30). Croatia's meant to be class, savage weather and most of it is coastal, going there myself in July for Ultra Europe festival!

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 31 May 2013 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Crete...stay in Koutalafari...5 mins from Hersonnasas but a lovely little village
Ye can do quiet and mad nights

Not Dundalk then?

-------------

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 31 May 2013 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

If you dont want to be surrounded by knacker p*ssheads I'd steer clear of all the usuals like crete and ayia napa (ayia napa is class in fairness but not when you're hitting 30). Croatia's meant to be class, savage weather and most of it is coastal, going there myself in July for Ultra Europe festival!

I wouldn't say  that now. Obviously don't go the week after the leaving cert results (unless you like them young) but in general the age is about 20-30 in my opinion, with more 20-25 year olds.

28 now so hate to think I am too old to go back! Would rather hit Ibiza next time I want to go on one of those holidays though.

Be lucky if I get a weekend in courtown this year!

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 31 May 2013 at 2:04pm
Rio?

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 31 May 2013 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

I wouldn't say  that now. Obviously don't go the week after the leaving cert results (unless you like them young) but in general the age is about 20-30 in my opinion, with more 20-25 year olds.

28 now so hate to think I am too old to go back! Would rather hit Ibiza next time I want to go on one of those holidays though.

Be lucky if I get a weekend in courtown this year!

Dead right there, stayed in the Green Bungalows twice, once in the middle of July and then the other when the results came out, biggest bunch of head wreckin kids were staying there at the time, middle of July would be the best time for it!

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: MJD
Date Posted: 31 May 2013 at 2:27pm

Get yourself to Budapest. Great spot for a night out and then you can go to the sceznyi baths to cure the hangover the day after. The spartys are some craic too - basically a bit of a rave at the outdoor baths.

-------------
17 International Caps
16 International Goals
COYFIG

Posted By: Max Power
Date Posted: 31 May 2013 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by fochie fochie wrote:

Did Ibiza, Playa Den Bossa a few times with the lads, only a half hour from the airport,
Bora Bora beach is Incredible,Chilled out relaxed vibe to it,all the bars are cheap 
with the Nightclub Space up the road for a mad one.(Expensive). Playa Den Bossa isnt your typical Ibiza 
resort, its much more chilled than you would think.Savage spot for a bunch of lads on the rip.

Going here for 2 weeks in August Clap Last time I was in Ibiza I stayed in San Antonio and wouldn't do it again, its just a revved up version of Magaluf. Ibiza Town/Playa D'en Bossa looks much better with Space Bora Bora & Pach etc. One good part of San Antonion is Café Del Mar though, loved chilling out there for the sunset...

-------------
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 31 May 2013 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by MJD MJD wrote:

Get yourself to Budapest. Great spot for a night out and then you can go to the sceznyi baths to cure the hangover the day after. The spartys are some craic too - basically a bit of a rave at the outdoor baths.

Budapest is a smashing spot.

The women here are unreal too.
3/4 days would be enough though.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 31 May 2013 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by MJD MJD wrote:

Budapest is a smashing spot.

The women here are unreal too.
3/4 days would be enough though.
agree 100% spent a few days there before.great spot.

Posted By: darmack
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2013 at 12:59am
Lads will be lads in Zakynthos. Was a great auld time when I was there, and we were in our late 20's. Saying that, I'd say wherever ye go will be be amazing, whatever ye make it.

I do remember one bar did 8 jagger bombs for €20, so that always had us well on. 

-------------
The dark side.. And the light

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2013 at 1:03am
new york

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 10:05pm
Few of us heading to benidorm in a few weeks time, anyone ever been?

-------------
Here we go again

Posted By: JohnnyD87
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 10:11pm
Headin budapest for stag do start of July meant to be the place!

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by JohnnyD87 JohnnyD87 wrote:

Headin budapest for stag do start of July meant to be the place!

It is.
Great spot, head down to he clubs on the Danube.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: JohnnyD87
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 10:24pm
Here there is an island in the middle wit a club?

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Few of us heading to benidorm in a few weeks time, anyone ever been?

a lad I know is out there selling timeshares.All he seems to do is scoop and play golf.tough lifeWink

Posted By: Humpy Gussy
Date Posted: 23 Jun 2013 at 12:30pm

Sunny beach in bulgaria. A hidden gem, at 80 cent a pint too its hard to go wrong! Will be making off for this place myself all going well
+ 1

Rossieman if you haven't booked yet Sunny Beach is definately what you are looking for. An absolutely brilliant spot and dirt cheap. Only snag is is that it is pricey to get there at the min. You're looking at 400+ for flight only. Maybe able to get a decent package deal though. Avoid all-inclusive as its a waste of money with food and drink generally very cheap. Pint for less than a euro most places. Supermarket-bought beer is for nothing.

Loads to do and see. Lacks the 'Brits abroad' vibe that you get alot of places in Spain for example. Birds are magnificent also. Thumbs Up Been there plenty of times so know the place very well. Gimme a shout if you want more info.

-------------
'Joxer Goes to Poznan' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEjtiJ9udkM

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Il Trap Il Trap wrote:

+ 1

Rossieman if you haven't booked yet Sunny Beach is definately what you are looking for. An absolutely brilliant spot and dirt cheap. Only snag is is that it is pricey to get there at the min. You're looking at 400+ for flight only. Maybe able to get a decent package deal though. Avoid all-inclusive as its a waste of money with food and drink generally very cheap. Pint for less than a euro most places. Supermarket-bought beer is for nothing.

Loads to do and see. Lacks the 'Brits abroad' vibe that you get alot of places in Spain for example. Birds are magnificent also. Thumbs Up Been there plenty of times so know the place very well. Gimme a shout if you want more info.

Going to book somewhere this weekend.I will check this place out,we still haven't decided where to go.

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 9:26pm
No 'Brits abroad' but plenty of 'Russian Mafia abroad' in Sunny Beach.

Nessebar is worth a visit though.

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 11:41pm
If you see a hotel with expensive cars, don't go near the place, a guy came out before to me with a machine gun haha. Another fella got fined €50 for pissing on the beach because the mafia run the toilets, yer man had a tazer when asking for the money ha. Keeps the crime low I suppose.

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 9:06pm
Were going to benidorm saturday week, anyone ever been?

-------------
Here we go again

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 9:13pm

Absolute sh1t hole of the highest order!

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Posted By: irish_stokey
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 9:19pm
Got back from Magaluf last week. 2 words. Cock Fest
Ratio of lads to lasses must have been 10:1

-------------
COYBIG

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Were not looking for nice scenery! Meant to be a deadly party spot and euro a pint was what attracted us

-------------
Here we go again

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by irish_stokey irish_stokey wrote:

Got back from Magaluf last week. 2 words. Cock Fest
Ratio of lads to lasses must have been 10:1
Oh no did you manage to get down to Santa Ponsa was that any different???

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 10:07pm

Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Were not looking for nice scenery! Meant to be a deadly party spot and euro a pint was what attracted us

It's all the scummy tans that make it a sh1thole, but I hope you enjoy it buddy. Sure a lads holiday you won't give fook anyway

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

If you see a hotel with expensive cars, don't go near the place, a guy came out before to me with a machine gun haha. Another fella got fined €50 for pissing on the beach because the mafia run the toilets, yer man had a tazer when asking for the money ha. Keeps the crime low I suppose.
If you piss on the beach, you deserve a fine.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net