URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=44461
Printed Date: 29 Apr 2024 at 4:04pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Jurgen Klopp
Posted By: danny10tot
Subject: Jurgen Klopp
Date Posted: 21 May 2013 at 10:47am
Quality article on him 
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/21/jurgen-klopp-borussia-dortmund-champions-league?CMP=twt_gu" rel="nofollow - http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/21/jurgen-klopp-borussia-dortmund-champions-league?CMP=twt_gu

-------------
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

George Best

Replies:
Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 21 May 2013 at 11:12am
"There's no Harry Potter flying on his f**king stick - just football." LOL

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: PaulMcGrath5
Date Posted: 21 May 2013 at 12:03pm
Love this man

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 21 May 2013 at 12:09pm
Is he expected to leave in the summer?

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 21 May 2013 at 12:14pm
Nah, he's hanging around for a while yet.

-------------

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 21 May 2013 at 12:18pm
Legend. I think he is perfect for Dortmund and German mentality. I reckon the big time charlies in england would try to make a fool out of him if he managed in the premier league and wonder if he would be a success there. 

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: d13dave
Date Posted: 21 May 2013 at 12:24pm
I hope Dortmund do not roll over and having their bellys tickled by The Premiership and Bayern.

Arguably the best young team in Europe with an outstanding manager and the best stadium in Europe bar none. Surely they want things to stay that way

Posted By: Mulvanystrasse
Date Posted: 21 May 2013 at 12:55pm
It is hilarious to watch the sudden scramble by the English speaking media to try to appear knowledgeable about Jurgen Klopp/Dortmund/Bundesliga.
Guardian articles are usually the best of the bunch.    

mulvanystrasse http://discussion.guardian.co.uk/comment-permalink/1994834" rel="nofollow - commented on http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2008/apr/15/sackingslomkacouldcomeback" rel="nofollow - Sacking Slomka could come back to bite Schalke .

Andreas Muller should have gone with Mirko Slomka. Neuer,Bordon,Westerman,Jones,Erst and Kuranyi are the spine of a decent side but the rest should be cleared out. Schalke should be hiring someone like Jurgen Klopp at Mainz and Gazprom need to free up some real cash to buy some quality players.

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 21 May 2013 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

I hope Dortmund do not roll over and having their bellys tickled by The Premiership and Bayern.

Arguably the best young team in Europe with an outstanding manager and the best stadium in Europe bar none. Surely they want things to stay that way

Why is it better than the Bernabau?

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: danny10tot
Date Posted: 21 May 2013 at 1:24pm
I'd agree with him. the 'yellow wall', safe standing areas, 15 euro into a game, atmosphere, average 82,000 per home game

-------------
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

George Best

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 21 May 2013 at 1:54pm
22k on the Yellow Wall.

Incidentently Wembley have banned BVB fans from a repeat performance of their wonderful banners etc in the SF on the grounds of Health & Safety !!!

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 21 May 2013 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

"There's no Harry Potter flying on his f**king stick - just football." LOL

Thought that was a cracking line meself, great piece and a great character it seems, breath of fresh air.   While I'd  be sorry if Bayern came up short again in the CL final, I'd love to see Dortmund win it.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Date Posted: 21 May 2013 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

22k on the Yellow Wall.

Incidentently Wembley have banned BVB fans from a repeat performance of their wonderful banners etc in the SF on the grounds of Health & Safety !!!

Thumbs Down

Wembley w**kers.

-------------

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 21 May 2013 at 11:12pm
Kloppo Clap 

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 22 May 2013 at 2:54pm
brilliant article that

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 22 May 2013 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

brilliant article that

Yes.
Tis repeated in Irish Times today.

Posted By: packiesglove
Date Posted: 22 May 2013 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Mulvanystrasse Mulvanystrasse wrote:

It is hilarious to watch the sudden scramble by the English speaking media to try to appear knowledgeable about Jurgen Klopp/Dortmund/Bundesliga.
Guardian articles are usually the best of the bunch.    

mulvanystrasse http://discussion.guardian.co.uk/comment-permalink/1994834" rel="nofollow - - Sacking Slomka could come back to bite Schalke .

Andreas Muller should have gone with Mirko Slomka. Neuer,Bordon,Westerman,Jones,Erst and Kuranyi are the spine of a decent side but the rest should be cleared out. Schalke should be hiring someone like Jurgen Klopp at Mainz and Gazprom need to free up some real cash to buy some quality players.

Clap

-------------
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 23 May 2013 at 4:16pm

A quote from Klopp apparently. Doing the rounds on Twitter -

Cristiano reminds me of German tennis player Michael Stich. He was destined to make history, then Boris Becker showed up

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 1:33pm
Leaving Dortmund, surely he's a shoe in for City job.

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

I wouldnt think so,he will want to build a team/squad and Im not sure if the City owners would be happy to go a year or two without challenging for the title.

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

I wouldnt think so,he will want to build a team/squad and Im not sure if the City owners would be happy to go a year or two without challenging for the title.

The other clubs he's being linked with are Barca, Real and PSG, and they would be in the same boat regarding their owners or board demanding instant success

I would love City's next manager to be a long term appointment. 
Need a man to come in and be a bit of a cult hero in a way, and build something special over a long period of time. 

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 1:52pm
He's taking a pep style sabbatical is he not?

Can't see him going to City

edit; I see he denied Bild's sabbatical story, still can't see him going to City

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 1:57pm
AC Milan.

There's a fans vs Owners crisis going on there and something tells me Berlusconi will put out all the stops just to keep his head above water.

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 2:01pm
Could see him going to Italy alright. Couldn't see him in England.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: irishmale0399
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 2:24pm
Klopp had an offer in summer 2014 from England. He reqested at that point that BVB terminate his contract and the club refused. Now he has what he wants and i wouldnt be suprised having spoken to a few people over the last few days if he ends up at Man City or with the Gunners.
According to reports it all happened very suddenly, the players were not informed and got the info from the press today.

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by irishmale0399 irishmale0399 wrote:

Klopp had an offer in summer 2014 from England. He reqested at that point that BVB terminate his contract and the club refused. Now he has what he wants and i wouldnt be suprised having spoken to a few people over the last few days if he ends up at Man City or with the Gunners.
According to reports it all happened very suddenly, the players were not informed and got the info from the press today.

who are ur contacts may i ask?

Posted By: The Big Club
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 2:30pm

I fancy real with CA to Citeh

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 2:32pm
If he sits out making a decision until the end of the year, there will be probably be a vacancy at Real or Barca. 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 3:36pm
He said at Christmas he would go to England as he can speak English. He also says only clubs that are projects he can work on, like his last two clubs, are the only ones that interest him.

If he sticks to those principles can't see him at City. Arsenal and Liverpool have always been the obvious ones, but I can't see either changing their manager.

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 4:01pm
Well, Wenger may want to retire. No-one really saw Ferguson retiring. Wenger may have told the board and asked Klopp directly himself the way Ferguson did with Moyes.

Only thing is that Wenger has two years remaining on his contract. It's odd really, assuming Klopp wants somewhere where he'll be given time to impose his system and doesn't want to go to a high money club with instant pressure and owners who won't accept anything less than a sustained title challenge. Where does that leave?

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 6:12pm
In England only Arsenal or Liverpool really fit into what he wants to do.Arsenal is obviously the better pick but the Pool job might be available sooner.

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 6:37pm
Was supposed to have been offered a job last April and Dortmund wouldn't let him go. Club wasn't named but presuming it was Man Utd as the timeline would fit with Moyes' sacking

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 6:39pm
Man City have come out and denied they're looking at Klopp.. 

He could up anywhere really. 
Things happen very fast in football, the Dutch might end up sacking their man which paves way for Koeman to leave for them and there's a club for Klopp. Not saying that will happen but an example

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 6:57pm
Klopp for Southampton that's nearly as nuts as Tony Cascarino saying Newcastle would be a perfect fit for him.

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 7:00pm

Klopp for Southampton that's nearly as nuts as Tony Cascarino saying Newcastle would be a perfect fit for him.

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Things happen very fast in football, the Dutch might end up sacking their man which paves way for Koeman to leave for them and there's a club for Klopp. Not saying that will happen but an example

Someone can't read.

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 7:05pm
Spurs job could be available. Reckon Ponchettio will get the bullet if they don't qualify for Europe. (Although would be harsh IMO and he should get another season)

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Posted By: Barna Bee
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 7:23pm
No way will Poch get the bullet no matter where we finish at this stage

-------------
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 7:25pm
Think he'd do a great job at Newcastle, similar to where Dortmund were when he took over there, Great talent mid table,sleeping giant.

I will say though I know this won't happen

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Think he'd do a great job at Newcastle, similar to where Dortmund were when he took over there, Great talent mid table,sleeping giant.

I will say though I know this won't happen

Mike Ashley is always asleep. It's the only giant over that side of the water LOL

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 7:29pm
Sorry but Newcastle are not a sleeping Giant FFS. They haven't won a major domestic trophy in 60 years and haven't won anything of significance since 1969 when they won the forerunner to the UEFA Cup.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 7:36pm

Someone can't read.

Yes I read your example and compared it to what Tony Cascarino was saying earlier.What part of that means I cant read Confused

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 7:38pm

Someone can't read.

Yes I read your example and compared it to what Tony Cascarino was saying earlier.What part of that means I cant read Confused

Forget it. I thought you pointed out I thought Klopp would goto Southampton - I don't think it's a bad move anyhow. Stinking rich owner, very ambitious owner also.

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 7:40pm

Someone can't read.

Forget it. I thought you pointed out I thought Klopp would goto Southampton - I don't think it's a bad move anyhow. Stinking rich owner, very ambitious owner also.

someone can't read.

Posted By: Bitored
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 7:41pm
Its hard to look past city, but his stock certainly isn't as high as a year or 2 ago.

I think Southampton could be a very good fit for him. As long as there is a promise of a decent transfer budget and a willingness to hold on to the majority of their best players. If they had done that last year chances are they`d be on course to being a Champions league team either this year or next.

Wherever he goes its going to be a different ball game. If he had the season he is after having with Dortmund at a bigger club, he wouldn't have the option of walking away in the summer he`d have gotten the bullet a long time ago. I think it`s worth remembering that he has had an horrendous season there. They have been fighting relegation and only pulled clear in the last few weeks, that's a terrible season for a club that regularly fills and 80,000 seater stadium. Whatever about players he lost he still had Piszczek, Reus, Immobile, Hummels and Gündoğan in the team, all players that are highly sought after by top clubs.

If you look at the top teams in England:
Chelsea - have a manager that's reasonably stable in the job
United - the same
Arsenal - should but wont get rid of Wenger and I think Klopp would be a perfect fit for them.
City - will be looking for a manager and It will be between Klopp, Simone (if he wants to leave Atletico) and Ancelotti (I expect him to leave the circus in Real and if he does Klopp would be in the running for that job too)

-------------
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Its hard to look past city, but his stock certainly isn't as high as a year or 2 ago.

I think Southampton could be a very good fit for him. As long as there is a promise of a decent transfer budget and a willingness to hold on to the majority of their best players. If they had done that last year chances are they`d be on course to being a Champions league team either this year or next.

Wherever he goes its going to be a different ball game. If he had the season he is after having with Dortmund at a bigger club, he wouldn't have the option of walking away in the summer he`d have gotten the bullet a long time ago. I think it`s worth remembering that he has had an horrendous season there. They have been fighting relegation and only pulled clear in the last few weeks, that's a terrible season for a club that regularly fills and 80,000 seater stadium. Whatever about players he lost he still had Piszczek, Reus, Immobile, Hummels and Gündoğan in the team, all players that are highly sought after by top clubs.

The main reason Dortmund struggled for a lot of this season was their horrendous injury list.Once the injury list cleared up they moved up the table  and havent been in any danger since December.They also missed Lewondowski's goals as Immobile hasnt really worked out.

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 8:04pm

Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

The main reason Dortmund struggled for a lot of this season was their horrendous injury list.Once the injury list cleared up they moved up the table  and havent been in any danger since December.They also missed Lewondowski's goals as Immobile hasnt really worked out.

Injuries had a bit to do with it but more worryingly for Klopp is German sides started to cop on to his high pressing game. They weren't able to over run sides like they did when they won the league.

As David Moyes learnt the hard way its one thing to do well at a club with low expectations, its a different ball game to do well at a club used to winning trophies.

-------------
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 8:36pm

Your not seriously comparing Kloop and Moyes situations?I don't think there is any comparison.
Kloop has had huge success with Dortmund winning the double and getting them to CL final ,they also played a really good style of football.Moyes had done well on a low budget and got Everton punching above there weight but never looked comfortable from day one at United.

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 8:47pm

Your not seriously comparing Kloop and Moyes situations?I don't think there is any comparison.
Kloop has had huge success with Dortmund winning the double and getting them to CL final ,they also played a really good style of football.Moyes had done well on a low budget and got Everton punching above there weight but never looked comfortable from day one at United.

I think its a very similar situation. Agreed Klopp has more European experience than Moyes. But perhaps if Everton were based in Westfalia it would have been an easier task to get them into Europe. My point is there is no guarantee Klopp will be comfortable at a Man City, Real or wherever else. Where anything less than first is complete failure.
A few years ago Slaven Bilić was the golden child of Europe and destined to end up at a top team in England but the best he has managed so far is medicore Russian and Turkish club sides.
Now maybe Klopp will turn out to be a Pep or Jose but he could just as easily be a David.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 8:57pm
@Rossiemann: I think it he made 2-3 mistakes......
1. Over a period of 5-6 years he didnt develope his tactics to fit to his ageing, injury effected team. You cannot expect a player at 25 maybe with 1 or 2 major injuries behind him to play like he did at 20..., add to that the mistakes in the transfer market (buying out of form players based on past achievements).
2. Players aged 19-20 at the begining of their careers will allow a manager shout, scream and belittle them in training, its a different story with a 25 year old millionare who has won a few domestic trophies, been to the WC and arrived back with a winners medal and even more so when he knows Barcelona, Man U.....are interested in him.
3 and maybe the most important of all that most people dont know..........at the beining of 2013/14 season they lost their fitness trainer Oliver Bartlett. He is the one most players credit with their fitness levels and good injury records. Look after he left and you will see a lot more muscle related injuries......

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Sorry but Newcastle are not a sleeping Giant FFS. They haven't won a major domestic trophy in 60 years and haven't won anything of significance since 1969 when they won the forerunner to the UEFA Cup.

So true, a sleeping giant my hole.

Posted By: winner alright
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 11:24pm
Have a feeling Liverpool will make a move for him. 

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 1:11pm
There is no way Chelsea, Spurs, Saints or liverpool will have a new manager next year.

Man city will and he will be in the running for the job but he may not want it.

He is probably more suited to the Man Utd or Arsenal job but he will need one of the managers to step down (i.e. asked to step down with a large suitcase full of cash).

Cant see it happening.

-------------

Posted By: BrenC
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 1:14pm
The Telegraph assigned a non-German speaking reporter to liveblog Klopp's press conference in Germany forgetting the obvious fact it would be held in German.   Hilarious.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11537367/Jurgen-Klopp-quits-Borussia-Dortmund-live.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11537367/Jurgen-Klopp-quits-Borussia-Dortmund-live.html  

-------------
Team Emmet

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by ZinedineKibane ZinedineKibane wrote:

There is no way Chelsea, Spurs, Saints or liverpool will have a new manager next year.

He is probably more suited to the Man Utd or Arsenal job but he will need one of the managers to step down (i.e. asked to step down with a large suitcase full of cash).

Cant see it happening.

No way LVG is leaving United ,I would say there is more chance of BR leaving Pool.I think Klopp would be an ideal manager for what FSG want to do with Pool.

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 1:53pm
Ben Bloom/Telegraph - Vollidiot/Typisch Englisch.

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 2:06pm

Cant see it happening.

No way LVG is leaving United ,I would say there is more chance of BR leaving Pool.I think Klopp would be an ideal manager for what FSG want to do with Pool.

Who would your prefer RM?
LVG must be 65 so he is not the long term solution and he said this is his last job. He will do a good job in the next few years but I would think JK is a better long term solution. 
Man utd have an ageing squad and need some fresh blood.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 4:00pm

Cant see it happening.

LVG must be 65 so he is not the long term solution and he said this is his last job. He will do a good job in the next few years but I would think JK is a better long term solution. 

LVG will see out his 3 years at least at United.Obviously he wont be there long term but there is no way they will let him go to bring in Klopp this year that would be pure madness.At the moment LVG is the best man for the job and in 2 or 3 years time United can start looking for a new manager.Hard to know who they will look for then but I would guess Pep and Mourinho would be high on any list all depends whats happening at the time.

Where are you getting the idea that United's squad is ageing(every squad is Wink) ?United have the youngest average age of the current top 4 and second youngest in the league.
The average age is 26 and only 2 first team regulars are over 30(RVP/Carrick) and only have 4 players in the squad who are over 30 and 2 of those are keepers.

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 4:45pm
Any of you think that Klopp may have pulled a smart one and is lineing himself up for the Bayern Munich job????
Pep has one year left on his contract, Man City want him and he hasnt shown any sign of wanting to renew his Munich contract publically.............now how nice would it be for them if Pep walked out this summer, they get a few million for him and Klopp was sitting free. No compensation, no contracts.....

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 4:46pm

Cant see it happening.

LVG will see out his 3 years at least at United.Obviously he wont be there long term but there is no way they will let him go to bring in Klopp this year that would be pure madness.At the moment LVG is the best man for the job and in 2 or 3 years time United can start looking for a new manager.Hard to know who they will look for then but I would guess Pep and Mourinho would be high on any list all depends whats happening at the time.

Where are you getting the idea that United's squad is ageing(every squad is Wink) ?United have the youngest average age of the current top 4 and second youngest in the league.
The average age is 26 and only 2 first team regulars are over 30(RVP/Carrick) and only have 4 players in the squad who are over 30 and 2 of those are keepers.

Okay thick thread for me, Man u squad is young but they do need fresh blood. They have a bloated squad and too many players are average. 
Carrick and RVP are getting on and need to be replaced. I doubt Falcao's contract will be renewed and a defense with Jones and Smalling wont win the league.

I cant see Maureen every going to Utd now. 

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 7:14pm

Any of you think that Klopp may have pulled a smart one and is lineing himself up for the Bayern Munich job????
Pep has one year left on his contract, Man City want him and he hasnt shown any sign of wanting to renew his Munich contract publically.............now how nice would it be for them if Pep walked out this summer, they get a few million for him and Klopp was sitting free. No compensation, no contracts.....

Wouldn't surprise me, 1st task would be to fire Sammer!

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 7:35pm
On a side note to this I think United would need to be on acid to hire Mourinho at any stage. And im not a Man U fan. Some of the stuff he goes at is disgraceful. For example, He put his fingers in the eye of Tito Vilanova, an opposing assistant manager during a game. I`m all for mind games and they can make for great pre text to games but there is a line and he regularly crosses it.
From a CV point of view Mourhino would be one of/if not the leading candidate for that job. I`d imagine the next time United go looking for a manager they will want someone in the job for 10 years +. It would be a poor day in United's history if that man was Jose Mourhino. Bobby Charlton, a club legend and leading figure at the club has gone on record to say as much.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 7:36pm

If Porto knock out Bayern,which is doubtful but that would be two bad years in a row for Pep in CL .Also wasnt there rumours that the hierarchy at Bayern were unhappy with Pep ?

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 7:45pm

If Porto knock out Bayern,which is doubtful but that would be two bad years in a row for Pep in CL .Also wasnt there rumours that the hierarchy at Bayern were unhappy with Pep ?

I don't think it is doubtful at all that Porto will knock them out. Bayern certainly have the team to overturn it but they were outplayed against Porto and were very lucky to get the goal they did.
Porto are a very good side.
I personally don't think Klopp would be interested in the Bayern job, simply because he has won the Bundesliga and been to a champions league final with Dortmund. What more does he have to do in German Football? A relatively young manager like Klopp probably wants a shot at a big English or Spanish side. At the moment his likely destinations are City or Real Madrid (id expect Ancelotti to call it a day there).

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 8:59pm
Ottmar Hitzfeld won more than Klopp at Dortmund and still took the Bayern job but agree that Real Madrid is more likely with their long history of signing German players and experience of employing a German coach.

Posted By: St.Pauli Reloaded 2
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 9:00pm

Must have his feelers out already ! Müller -Wohlfahrt and his gang have just jacked it in ,Pep not happy with the Medical department at Hollywood LOL

-------------
In Martin and Roy we Trust !

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 9:19pm

Sammer is like JD...if the money is right he will work with anyone and say whatever you want......

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by St.Pauli Reloaded 2 St.Pauli Reloaded 2 wrote:

Must have his feelers out already ! Müller -Wohlfahrt and his gang have just jacked it in ,Pep not happy with the Medical department at Hollywood LOL

There is/was something up.....I could be told last Saturday morning that there was something up in the management. Wouldnt be suprised if he ended up at Bayern......

As for Müller-Wohlfahrt........think you are now seeing the cracks appearing with old Ulli behind bars,Sammer and Co. just aint as good as the ould sausage millionare. No one there to sweet talk everyone in moments of need. Wink

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 9:34pm
Muller Wohlfahrt gone Shocked

-------------

Posted By: Doyler1993
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 9:45pm
Would PSG be an option at all?

Personally think it will be arsenal or bayern

-------------
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 11:34pm
The Comer Brothers are in secret talks to bring him to Galway United. Tommy Dunne has lost the dressing room.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 12:07am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Muller Wohlfahrt gone Shocked

He didnt exactly see eye to eye with Pep.

This is Pep's reaction to Benatia's injury last week.
http://vine.co/v/ezhLtxI7hnm" rel="nofollow - http://vine.co/v/ezhLtxI7hnm

Posted By: winner alright
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 12:25am
Pepe will be a goner if he doesn't win the Champions League this year. Great manager but I think he is more suited to latin football. He was blessed with Messi,Iniesta,Xavi & co at Barca, right manager at the right time. He has done ok in Germany but he was brought in to win the CL. I still think that Liverpool may come in for Klopp. 

Posted By: sid waddell
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 12:38am
Klopp will go to one of two clubs - the Madrid Falange or Manchester City.

-------------
Edited by Trigboy 10 at 10:03pm

Date Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 12:12pm
This lads teeth real?  Straight out of the Gerry Adams school of dentistry

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net