Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=43940
Printed Date: 04 May 2024 at 12:13am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Punchestown Festival
Posted By: daboi89
Subject: Punchestown Festival
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 1:00pm

Britain has had it’s turn of festival fever with the enigmatic Cheltenham Festival and now is the turn of Irish Racing to roll out the red carpet, as Punchestown Racecourse swings open the doors for their 2013 Festival. This years event will run from Tuesday 23rd to Saturday 27th April.
The Festival is somewhat known as a fond farewell to the jumps racing season and with a total of 11 Grade 1′s down for decision, we are sure to have quite a spectacle to remember as we say our goodbyes. As well as the +top class racing on offer, Punchestown also knows how to throw a party with top class food and drink, family fun and some great entertainment available throughout the five days.
The biggest names in racing will be making the trip to Punchestown come festival time and among them will be probably the biggest name in the industry at the minute, Sprinter Sacre. Nicky Henderson’s superstar will rock up for the opening day of the festival, with his hoards of groupies in toe no doubt, to compete in the Grade 1 Boylesports.com Champion Chase. After demolishing the field in the Cheltenham equivalent, Sprinter Sacre will be making his journey across the Irish Sea full of zest, but the canny Irish trainer Peter Casey may be about to throw a spanner in the works for the champ. Casey’s own leading light Flemenstar is touted as a possible challenger to Sprinter Sacre in the Grade 1 event and what a match up that would be.
Elsewhere on day one is the Grade 1 Evening Herald Champion Novice Hurdle over 2 miles and the Grade 1 Growise Novice Chase over 3 miles. The best novices in the business will turn up to compete in the two races with some big prize money on offer.
Day 2 will see the renewal of the highlight of the Irish Chasing calender, the Punchestown Gold Cup over 3 miles. The best 3 milers around will go to battle and punters will be hoping for a better time of it this year as Mouse Morris’ China Rock caused a huge upset at 20/1 in last years race. Elsewhere on the card is the Betchronicle Champion Bumper, a race which has proven to be a great breeding ground for future champions. Last years winner Champagne Fever went on to win this years Supreme Novices Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival.
There is another big clash on the cards on Day 3 of the festival as two Cheltenham winners will go to battle in the Ladbrokes World Series Hurdle. Irish superstars Quevega and Solwhit will challenge each other in the Grade 1 race over 3 miles and it will be interesting to see who comes out on top in a battle between man and woman.
Another Irish Cheltenham hero Hurricane Fly will try to defend his Rabobank Champion Hurdle on day 4 of the festival. ’The Fly’ has won the race for the last 3 years and if Cheltenham is anything to go by, he seems to be in even better form this year. An ominous sign for any potential challengers. The Champion Hurdle is one of the most popular races of the year and usually attracts a huge crowd, which makes for a great party atmosphere.
The final day of the festival is family day and has loads on offer to keep the whole family entertained including face painting, bouncy castles and a lot more. The AES Champion 4 Year Old Hurdle is the feature race on the day and is a fitting end to the festival as we get to witness the top youngsters strut their stuff.
The Punchestown Festival is one of the stand out events of the racing calender and here’s hoping that they get the weather and the attendances that they deserve. Now that Cheltenham is fading from our view in the rear view mirror, I for one can’t wait to get my festival fix again.

Should be a belter and some serious offers to be had. BoyleSports and Laadbrokes are sponsoring the Champion Chase and the World Hurdle so thats 2 free days racing if you get in early and get the free tickets in the shop.

Replies:
Posted By: BohsinMunich
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 1:21pm
back in Dublin next week so will have to ask one of my friends to go to Boylesports... are these free tickets common knowledge only for regular customers ?

Posted By: irish boogie
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 1:27pm
looking forward to this had a nightmare aintree and was definetely not going to Punchestown but as it gets closer im getting tempted , have a internet account with Boyles so prob wont get any chance of free tickets

-------------
Thank You Torun and Tyskie

Posted By: erimus
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 10:22am
If anyone has tickets they arent using, wing them down to me and Ill give them a good home

-------------
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016

Posted By: Guf10
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 2:55pm
Moving to Naas tomorrow, just in timeLOL

-------------
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Posted By: irish_major
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

If anyone has tickets they arent using, wing them down to me and Ill give them a good home

have tickets for the Tuesday that I won't be using.

-------------
Here we go again

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Ill take them also if erimus doesnt want them, im goin mon and tue meself

Posted By: Croftman
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 5:02pm
You'll be there on your own Monday daboi89!

-------------
Some people just deserve a slap

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 7:47pm
staying over.. be there early for Tuesday

Posted By: eire32
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 11:56pm
Loads of tickets going around for Thursday

Posted By: erimus
Date Posted: 24 Apr 2015 at 9:43am
Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Ill take them also if erimus doesnt want them, im goin mon and tue meself

Have tickets now for every day bar Friday so your welcome to them daboi89

-------------
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2015 at 2:01pm
Cheers Erimus,, Ill gladly take them IM if there still there

Where U see that Eire?

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 24 Apr 2015 at 6:43pm
In Italy for the first 3 days, might head over Friday or Saturday!

Only just got my AIR card last week, handy out not having to deal with the big queues.

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 1:50pm
Sorry daboi, shoulda posted that up earlier last week I coulda posted them upto you. Ah well.

-------------
Here we go again

Posted By: Amby Fogarty
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 4:31pm
What tv channel is this on? Thanks

Posted By: Ginzo
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 4:42pm
RTE 

Posted By: Amby Fogarty
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Ginzo Ginzo wrote:

RTE 

Thanks no UK channel covering it?

Posted By: Trigboy8
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 5:10pm
At the races showing punchestown!

Posted By: heighway2heaven
Date Posted: 01 May 2015 at 10:03am
Any thoughts for today lads?

-------------
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif

Date Posted: 01 May 2015 at 10:24am
Fancy mr fiftyone in the second. Puppy wouldn't get down to 10-4 too often. Think you won't get a safer short price treble than nic canyon, faugheen, and on the fringe.

-------------
Here we go again

Posted By: Il Principe
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 1:41am
anyone heading next week?

where are the comp tickets this year, last time i went boyles furnished me with a couple Smile

might head wed and thurs

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 2:01pm
Ruby Walsh out of Punchestown festival.

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Ruby Walsh out of Punchestown festival.

Shame for him but can't say it's a total surprise as when I saw him at Aintree last Saturday he was still on crutches. 

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 4:30pm
First blood to Willie Mullins (and the bookies !)

Posted By: Croftman
Date Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 4:50pm
Had 2nd there in the last one at 14/1Cry...nearly 

-------------
Some people just deserve a slap

Posted By: HuntysCousin
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 5:43pm
He'll probably never get back to his best, but it was great to watch Faugheen there

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net