URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=43912
Printed Date: 25 Apr 2024 at 5:07am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Tom the Gom
Posted By: Jason Kelly
Subject: Tom the Gom
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 3:02pm
Bad form AngryAngry

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=632228700127657" rel="nofollow - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=632228700127657

Replies:
Posted By: Dukla
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 3:04pm
Eejts Thumbs Down

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 11:17pm
Arseholes. I think thats how Tom gets around the country to every LOI match that has ever existed. A true LOI Legend

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 11:37pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5OWPbDknAw" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5OWPbDknAw

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Blue Man
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 11:38pm
Gave him a lift from Flancare to Athlone once when I was playing with Longford. Harmless man. Did you hear the girly fag laugh on one of them? Pathetic

-------------
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010

Posted By: Barry
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 11:52pm
Don't condone the actions of them cun ts but Tom is a horrible cun t. H edoesn;t even watch the game she goes to. He spoends his time annoying people and chatting to the stewards.

Posted By: UCDFAN
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 12:22am
Originally posted by The Q Man The Q Man wrote:

Don't condone the actions of them cun ts but Tom is a horrible cun t. H edoesn;t even watch the game she goes to. He spoends his time annoying people and chatting to the stewards.

....Talking With Stewards!! AngryAngry

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 12:49am
Imagine posting a video of that to get a few likes Embarrassed

Sure anyone can do that who drives like, how in gods name are people finding it funny?

Where is the Tom the Gom from? WTF is the gom?! Gombeen man? 

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: Joe Stalin
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 1:28am
Originally posted by The Q Man The Q Man wrote:

I think its fair to say that its harmless behaviour though, I've seen him at loads of matches and he's easily avoidable. What those scummy ***ts did with a bus coming along behind was despicable tho

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 1:59am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Imagine posting a video of that to get a few likes Embarrassed

Sure anyone can do that who drives like, how in gods name are people finding it funny?

Where is the Tom the Gom from? WTF is the gom?! Gombeen man? 
No one knows, the Dubs think he is from cork, the lads in cork were always mentioning everywhere but cork, Dundalk seeming to be the most popular, but I have heard just about everywhere in Ireland mentioned.

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Posted By: Blue Man
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 2:51am
He's from Kerry. Supported Cork Hibs before their demise and refused to support the new Cork City. Now just goes around every ground in the country

-------------
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 4:13am
Originally posted by Blue Man Blue Man wrote:

He's from Kerry. Supported Cork Hibs before their demise and refused to support the new Cork City. Now just goes around every ground in the country
I have heard the bit in bold before.  The Kerry bit would be why he is so hard to understand!!

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 9:00am
Yeah, he is from Kerry.

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 9:05am
Love him or hate him, he's a LOI hall of famer

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Love him or hate him, he's a LOI hall of famer

Can't argue with that.

Posted By: Guf10
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 9:39am
Remember him saying a few years back Galway was on of his favourite places to go

Next year Tom, next year

-------------
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 10:54am
Some man alright. He was standing outside the clubhouse in Gortakeegan season before last, and just keeled over, was very funny although initially there was some concern for him.

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 10:58am
He is a lot easier to understand than the other Tom I know that goes to LOI matches Wink

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 11:43am
A serious hum off the **** aswell

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 12:26pm
Just seeing this now, bunch of fookin knobjockeys, what goes around comes around so something will befall them in some form eventually.

We used to gig every Friday night out in the Mayfair Hotel in Bray, I used to head over for the 2nd half when we were set up, Tom was nearly always out in Bray when we were gigging and he'd pop in and out of the Mayfair after the match.

God love him, he's a one-off and L of I football is his life clearly.  I hope those fookin bellends mothers who shat them out are proud of their offspring. Angry

Tom. Clap

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: roverstillidie
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

Remember him saying a few years back Galway was on of his favourite places to go

Next year Tom, next year

Nothing stopping him going to Galway as it stands. He has two options in fact.

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 7:41pm
he is a league of ireland legend thats for sure

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Posted By: brissy
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 8:48pm
ive seen him around hitching around midlands a fair bit,hes part of irish football no need for people insulting him seen it happin around a few dublin grounds over the years-jason byrne does a great impression of him pure class dont know if any one has seen it 

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 10:18am

I was in the Home Farm club bar in Whitehall after a match a number of years ago and lo and behold the bould Tom comes in. He stands and stares at the TV for about a half an hour waiting for Aertel to update the LOI scores. Every few minutes he'd turn around and stare at someone, then he'd shout something making sure everyone was aware of his presence.........TTG the Bang Bang of LOI football

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

I was in the Home Farm club bar in Whitehall after a match a number of years ago and lo and behold the bould Tom comes in. He stands and stares at the TV for about a half an hour waiting for Aertel to update the LOI scores. Every few minutes he'd turn around and stare at someone, then he'd shout something making sure everyone was aware of his presence.........TTG the Bang Bang of LOI football

quite an apt description actually

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 10:47am
He is a ****

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 12:44am
any one see tom lately

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 7:20am
He was in Belfield last week reminding us we'd never win the cup

-------------

Posted By: Nah Nah Nah Nah
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 8:46am
Been in The Showgrounds quite a bit this season. Obviously enjoying telling everyone we were lucky last year and will never win the league again.

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 8:49am
Anyone ever see him at an international match ?

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Posted By: Citizen Smith
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 8:59am
Seen him up in Finn Harps for the fai cup quarter final.

Posted By: Guf10
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 9:13am
Where does he actually live?

-------------
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Posted By: TBWRA
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 9:19am

Bray as far as I know

-------------
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

He was in Belfield last week reminding us we'd never win the cup

Legend LOL

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 3:35pm
no never seen him at an international prob cause he would have to pay in,gets in to league matches for nothing fair play to him 

Posted By: gspain
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 4:20pm

He was at Bray v Limerick yesterday and I assume went to Pats v Sligo like a lot of our fans did.  He is also going to Limerick v Shels on Wednesday.  He lives in Ballybofey now.

Posted By: Dukla
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 5:58pm

He seems to only live in towns with a LOI club LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 6:36pm
Heard he got married up in donegal friday.

Posted By: Rush Crew
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 9:16pm
Jason Byrne impression of Tom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5OWPbDknAw&sns=em

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 3:18am
Ye tom the gom got married up in donegal friday evening,rtid was the best man lol

Posted By: smart man
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 9:33pm
He was in City Calling Stadium on Friday night. What will he do for the winter?

-------------
alive and kicking

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2013 at 9:13pm
Any one see him around since the football over?Weres Tom lol

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 8:36pm
Seem him with a sign (ballina),two days ago

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 5:01pm
was at finn park for first game of the season...first time I've seen him/recognised him in person!

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

was at finn park for first game of the season...first time I've seen him/recognised him in person!

And at Dundalk v Limerick on the 2nd Friday of the season.

Posted By: Del-Piero
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 6:57pm
He was at the Harps-Galway game last weekend. It was only then I realised who he was. Remember him getting the bus to Galway from Donegal twice and not being a very popular amongst other passengers LOL

-------------
I don't quite see how you cherish the memory of the dead by killing another million. And, this is not combat, it's an act of lunacy, General Sir.

Personally, I think you're a f**king idiot.

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 7:26pm
Focking legend Clap

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 11:43pm
Was in Bray tonight!

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 17 May 2014 at 1:52pm
was out with the cycling club this morning, coming back from carrickmacross towards ardee who was on the side of the road talking to the guards, only tom himself, no idea where he was going or coming from

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Posted By: GreenArmy!
Date Posted: 17 May 2014 at 2:34pm
He was in the Bohs end at Drogheda last night.

Date Posted: 18 May 2014 at 9:43am
at pats and cork last week

-------------

Posted By: GreenArmy!
Date Posted: 21 May 2015 at 5:20pm
Just seen him in Ballina there.

Standing out on the road thumbing a lift to Charlestown.

Date Posted: 23 May 2015 at 3:24pm
was in Finn Park last night

Date Posted: 23 May 2015 at 3:35pm
Legend

Date Posted: 23 May 2015 at 8:34pm

He likes nothing better then going to see a team who are flying high and telling all their fans that they're sh*te and will never win a thing

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 23 May 2015 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah wrote:

He likes nothing better then going to see a team who are flying high and telling all their fans that they're sh*te and will never win a thing

hasn't been to Sligo lately then?

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 23 May 2015 at 10:41pm
He still turns up but everyone just agrees with him these days and he doesn't enjoy that as much

Posted By: Bitored
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 2:31am
He was in the showgies tonight. Looking even more disheveled than usual. I regularly see him at matches but have never had a conversation with him, yet when he saw me he shouted at me
"You'll need to win it,the draw is no good to you"
He said this despite the fact we were 2-1 down against dundalk with the full time whistle seconds away

-------------
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 6:10pm
any one see tom lately?

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by brissy brissy wrote:

any one see tom lately?

Why? If something has happened to him then Collie O’Neill is likely to be a suspect 

https://mobile.twitter.com/collieoneill/status/1147263242147905538" rel="nofollow - https://mobile.twitter.com/collieoneill/status/1147263242147905538

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 6:20pm
LOL

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 5:43pm
tom the legend of Irish football

Date Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 1:00am
Tom was in Richmond park last night, saying Bohs are sh*te and will get hammered in europe

Posted By: oldbilly
Date Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 10:44am
LOL Good man Tom!

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 1:37am
Heard tom was out side the show grounds asking one of the staff could he get in to watch the match, but he had to stay outside

Posted By: Healy52003
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 6:02pm
Prob every county in Ireland has one of these characters, they come off as legends but deep down there narky old stingy smelly bastards who have nothing else to do but complain and give their opinion on this and that 

Cant say i ever saw this guy at any games in Waterford 

Posted By: Hotlips_Hoolahan
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Prob every county in Ireland has one of these characters, they come off as legends but deep down there narky old stingy smelly bastards who have nothing else to do but complain and give their opinion on this and that 

I looked him up to see what he looks like and I can almost smell him through the screen.

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

I would rather a lifetime with Tom than five minutes with you. I'll judge Tom off my experiences with him and you off your posts; he can't wash and you're illiterate. 

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: ProudAndLoud
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 11:22pm
Very unfair. Tom is a nice man who lives a rough life but does no one any harm. He does his own thing and seems happy in himself.

Posted By: JUICEBOMB
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Very unfair. Tom is a nice man who lives a rough life but does no one any harm. He does his own thing and seems happy in himself.

True....he’s harmless and like you said in the main keeps himself to himself.hes had some arsehole fans take the piss out of him on the way and at games but the league will miss one of its last true characters when he’s gone.

-------------
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 11:37pm
a harmless individual , who gets his jollies travelling the country watchin football and talking to anyone willing to listen, where’s the harm? As the parent of a child with mental health issues, all I have to say is don’t rush into judgements lads, often lads like Tom need a chat or even an acknowledgement , it’s not a lot to give and you could be helping more than you know.

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 3:05am
I would say he's been down rsc many a time

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 6:22am
well said PM.   Healy what’s a horrible thing to say about Tom who is now one of the institutions of the league.  Always found him friendly in a gruff sort of way.  A good lad who does nobody any harm. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 8:45am
Healy is a f**king idiot. Try punching up, you absolute simpleton. 

-------------

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 7:46pm
Tom's a great character. True he can be a bit of head wreck but jesus when he shows up at your ground you know you've made it. The finest LOI supporter in the country

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 1:39am
It's only certain grounds he goes to. I don't know what way he operates he does not bother with Ireland matches, he seems to be around sligo, Donegal a lot, years back it was Dublin, bray

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 4:36am
He lived in both Bray and I think he is still living around Ballybofey. He's originally from Cork/Kerry border area i think.

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 5:44am
He made numerous visits to Gortakeegan too back in the day. A character as said but always nice to have a chat with in his own way.

@Healy, disgusting judgemental comments from you.

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 10:36am

It's only certain grounds he goes to. I don't know what way he operates he does not bother with Ireland matches, he seems to be around sligo, Donegal a lot, years back it was Dublin, bray

He's living in ballybofey these days would often see him about town and chat about the league with him. No harm in him and a great servant to the league

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 10:38am

He moved to Donegal from Bray a couple of years back.  He goes all over the country though.  He attends as many games as possible.  He is certainly made feel more welcome at certain clubs.  

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 8:58am
He used live in a convent in Buttevant in Cork. You'd often see him thumbing around the area on a Friday morning.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 9:21am
Never met him to be honest , hey i could have been stood next to him for all i know .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 8:23pm
One of things I really miss about not going to games is walking in and meeting Tom and him telling me that we’re rubbish. He used to do this when we were good as well. 

Posted By: Hotlips_Hoolahan
Date Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

He used live in a convent in Buttevant in Cork. You'd often see him thumbing around the area on a Friday morning.

I thought only nuns lived in convents.

Date Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Never met him to be honest , hey i could have been stood next to him for all i know .
Tom can't be missed

Posted By: whitesideOnside
Date Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 11:22pm
Gave him a lift after a Galway utd match in Dundalk a couple of years ago. Wanted to be dropped in Ardee. This was about 11pm at night.
Was wondering where he'd go for the night,b he said he was sorted.
Grand man to have a quick chat to the few times I've met him.

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 4:40am
He always stays in Ardee with an old lady who runs a B&B. Gave him a lift many a time. I enjoy listening to him. He knows very little about football and goes to the matches as its probably where he feels part of something. He's a gentleman.

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 6:50am
I think he sleeps rough a lot of the time he's a hardy soul, never has drink on him

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 7:57am
He doesn't drink and I believe he is quite religious. Normally that turns people into ****s, but in Tom's case he seems to get something out of it.

-------------

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 10:56am
A LOI legend

Does he pay in to the games does anyone know? Or do clubs all know him at this stage and let him in?

I remember him in Tolka in the late 90's telling me how sh1t Shels were. If only I listened LOL

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Posted By: Healy52003
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 8:36pm
I apologize for what i said and didn't mean to insult the man, I suffer and know many others who suffer from Mental health issues. Once a person is happy in themselves to do whatever they like then f**k what anyone thinks 

Anyway it was karma for me as Sligo beat Waterford in injury time today AngryAngryCry

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 10:48pm
Well done fair play :)

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 6:57am
good man healyClap

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 7:09am
Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 8:05am
Fair play, 

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 12:29pm
Thumbs Up

Posted By: Southstandman
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 1:55pm
Tom"s part of LOI folklore now and been so for a while , long may he reign. Re that chaps comments , we all f/up bud . Big of ya to post back like that , kudos. 

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 9:16am
Any one seen tom, during covid, I wonder were he is hiding out

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 9:32am

Any one seen tom, during covid, I wonder were he is hiding out

Think he is still about ballybofey area would of seen him a good bit around the town before covid locked us all at home.

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 9:50am
There was a pic of him in his Cobh Ramblers jacket out and about a couple of months ago posted on the LOI chat Facebook page Thumbs Up

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net